PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

kjag31
25th May 2017, 06:01
Hi all, sounds like eveyone is moving along quite well at the moment!

I got my invitation to an ADL assessment day today! SO EXCITED to get to the next step, will anybody else be attending the morning ADL assessment day next month? I applied during the April opening.

CaitlinMaree92
26th May 2017, 04:09
Hey all,
Had my medical yesterday and now impatiently waiting for my contract! Anyone know how long the wait usually is?

Mooky1
28th May 2017, 03:13
Hey all,
Had my medical yesterday and now impatiently waiting for my contract! Anyone know how long the wait usually is?

From What I've read previously. It about one or two days. I'm sure you'll hear Monday/Tuesday 😀👍🏻

CaitlinMaree92
28th May 2017, 05:51
From What I've read previously. It about one or two days. I'm sure you'll hear Monday/Tuesday 😀👍🏻

Thanks Mooky! I'm so impatient, starting to worry I didn't pass the medical 😱
Here's hoping I hear something tomorrow 😊

francescamaria
28th May 2017, 23:47
Thanks, let's hope we hear soon now it seems assessment days in ADL are coming up again!

Hi francescamaria I had my interview in August 2016 and have been sitting in the talent pool waiting for the medical invitation ever since.

After the recent ad went up I emailed them asking if they knew when the next ground school for ADL would be but they could only say that it's all dependant on the business requirements and thanking me for my patience.

Hope that helps.

[2QUOTE=francescamaria;9759845]Hello! I had my interview for Adelaide in August 2016 and am still waiting in the talent pool ... Next up is a medical but I haven't been asked to do that yet. Is anyone else in this position, or has anyone progressed to ground school from that interview? This process has been very slow for me... I applied in march 2015![/QUOTE]

HDSD
29th May 2017, 01:48
Hi everyone. I applied for Sydney short haul last week. Originally the job ad said applications close on Sunday 29 however they've readvertised for Sydney and Perth (closing end of June). Anyone know what's going on? Do you think they didn't receive enough applications or they've pushed back the ADs? Thanks all and good luck to those progressing!!

CaitlinMaree92
29th May 2017, 02:03
Hi everyone. I applied for Sydney short haul last week. Originally the job ad said applications close on Sunday 29 however they've readvertised for Sydney and Perth (closing end of June). Anyone know what's going on? Do you think they didn't receive enough applications or they've pushed back the ADs? Thanks all and good luck to those progressing!!

Hi and congrats on applying!!

I applied back in Feb and the same thing happened-reposted the listing with another month. I think it's because there wasn't enough applicants.
Based on my timeline, you may have a bit of a wait, but if they have enough applicants they may push through quite quickly.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!

HDSD
29th May 2017, 02:08
Hi and congrats on applying!!

I applied back in Feb and the same thing happened-reposted the listing with another month. I think it's because there wasn't enough applicants.
Based on my timeline, you may have a bit of a wait, but if they have enough applicants they may push through quite quickly.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Thanks so much Caitlin! It seems strange they wouldn't have enough applicants. I hope you hear something very soon!

CaitlinMaree92
29th May 2017, 02:14
Thanks so much Caitlin! It seems strange they wouldn't have enough applicants. I hope you hear something very soon!

Thanks! I had my medical Thursday so just waiting on my contract now :D
That's what I thought too when I applied, but I know they are trying to expand a lot so must need extra crew :)

HDSD
29th May 2017, 04:32
Thanks! I had my medical Thursday so just waiting on my contract now :D
That's what I thought too when I applied, but I know they are trying to expand a lot so must need extra crew :)

That's exciting! Did they contact you before the new closing date?

kjag31
29th May 2017, 05:58

Hi HDSD, I had the same thing happen with ADL (twice in fact, it was double readvertised this month). I applied in April and received an invite to an AD 3 weeks after (while the other ads were still up) so hopefully when an AD SYD date is set you will be the first invited! Good luck! :)

kjag31
29th May 2017, 06:03
On a seperate note, can anybody give me some examples of fun facts they said about themselves when you introduced yourself at the AD??

SenZubEanS
29th May 2017, 06:36
.. can anybody give me some examples of fun facts they said about themselves when you introduced yourself at the AD, I don't want to get there and sound silly in front of eveyone! Thanks

Firstly, the very idea of FUN FACT means that you can say any quirky thing that you may feel like. It's just an ice breaker and you are not going to directly prohibited from progressing based on your fun fact.

During my AD there we're all sorts of things, Junior sporting achievements, Peoples hobbies, previous jobs held etc.

HDSD
29th May 2017, 07:31
Hi HDSD, I had the same thing happen with ADL (twice in fact, it was double readvertised this month). I applied in April and received an invite to an AD 3 weeks after (while the other ads were still up) so hopefully when an AD SYD date is set you will be the first invited! Good luck! :)

Thanks Kjag!! :)

kjag31
29th May 2017, 11:48
Firstly, the very idea of FUN FACT means that you can say any quirky thing that you may feel like. It's just an ice breaker and you are not going to directly prohibited from progressing based on your fun fact.

During my AD there we're all sorts of things, Junior sporting achievements, Peoples hobbies, previous jobs held etc.

That's what I was hoping for! Thanks heaps :)

CaitlinMaree92
30th May 2017, 07:37
That's exciting! Did they contact you before the new closing date?

Nope. I didn't hear anything for about a month and a half (so approx 2 weeks after the 2nd round close date). That was just saying we want to see you at an AD but there isn't one scheduled. Then about a month after that, got an email saying the AD's are the flowing week. I was able to go, and everything since then has been quite quick!

HDSD
30th May 2017, 08:19
Nope. I didn't hear anything for about a month and a half (so approx 2 weeks after the 2nd round close date). That was just saying we want to see you at an AD but there isn't one scheduled. Then about a month after that, got an email saying the AD's are the flowing week. I was able to go, and everything since then has been quite quick!

Thank you! Does everyone get to do the elevator pitch or do they read the applications first? Sorry for all the questions!

Erinanderson
30th May 2017, 10:47
Hi everyone!
Had my Perth assesment day Mid April and have progressed to the talent pool awaiting a medical and GS dates..
Has anyone else heard anything in regards to GS Dates in Perth ?! I know there one July 4th but I think it's full and I've missed out :(

Do they contact you via email for a medical or phone call with an unknown number?!

TIA x

CaitlinMaree92
30th May 2017, 11:36
Thank you! Does everyone get to do the elevator pitch or do they read the applications first? Sorry for all the questions!

I'm not too sure. Im sure they make cuts based off your application responses

TP68
30th May 2017, 20:13
On a seperate note, can anybody give me some examples of fun facts they said about themselves when you introduced yourself at the AD??Hi Kjag31 my fun fact was that I have two grandchildren and that it was fun to give them back to their parents lol.

kjag31
30th May 2017, 21:59
Hi Kjag31 my fun fact was that I have two grandchildren and that it was fun to give them back to their parents lol.

TP68 That's hilarious ;) :)

Alexis2289
1st Jun 2017, 02:34
Just posting an update for Melbourne base. Received the Swim Test email on Tuesday, submitted yesterday so I guess next step is medical and Ground School date. Is anyone else at the same stage? Or heard anymore news on possible dates? When I spoke to Virgin last week they mentioned they were having a big meeting next week to properly confirm the next Ground School...so guessing the next one isn't full/confirmed? I could be wrong though.

Mooky1
1st Jun 2017, 03:02
Just posting an update for Melbourne base. Received the Swim Test email on Tuesday, submitted yesterday so I guess next step is medical and Ground School date. Is anyone else at the same stage? Or heard anymore news on possible dates? When I spoke to Virgin last week they mentioned they were having a big meeting next week to properly confirm the next Ground School...so guessing the next one isn't full/confirmed? I could be wrong though.
Hey 😀
I've been in the talent pool since end of march. I was hoping they do a GS in June or July so I hope to hear something soon 😀

Oscar Rufio
1st Jun 2017, 07:27
Hey Alexis2289, Mooky1 and everyone else who has applied for Melb base :)
Thankyou for the updates. I attended an assessment day early April and completed the online test, but my referees have yet to be contacted. Should I Follow up or is it normal for people who attended the same assessment day to be at various different stages of the process? Thanks in advance :)

Alexis2289
1st Jun 2017, 20:15
Hi Oscar Rufio,

It can normal to be at different stages of the process...maybe just log in and check that all your reference details are correct...eg.check the email addresses. And also get your references to check their junk emails just to ensure it hasn't gone in their. Unfortunately it is a bit of a waiting game between stages! Keep us updated though 😊

Mooky1
1st Jun 2017, 20:17
Hey Alexis2289, Mooky1 and everyone else who has applied for Melb base :)
Thankyou for the updates. I attended an assessment day early April and completed the online test, but my referees have yet to be contacted. Should I Follow up or is it normal for people who attended the same assessment day to be at various different stages of the process? Thanks in advance :)

Hi Oscar
Yes everyone moves at different timeframes. I applied in Jan and the various part of the application happened till end of march untill I made the talent pool. I know people who applied last year that have been in the talent pool and people who have moved more quickly. There is no way of telling how it all work. You just have to sit tight. If you read though the thread you will see it's different for everyone. Frustrating I know. But if you made it to reference that's great and congratulations. There are hundreds that don't make it pass the application stage so stay positive and we may work together in the sky's one day 😀✈️

CaitlinMaree92
2nd Jun 2017, 03:32
Woo! Just got my contract emailed through, officially starting with Virgin!!! Ground school starts July 4! Wooooo!!!!! So excited😊😊😊

Oscar Rufio
2nd Jun 2017, 04:48
Thank you so much Alexis and Mooky for your replies :) I've double checked email addresses, asked referees to keep an eye out (in junk mail too), so it looks like I just need to hang tight a bit longer until I hear anything further. I'll keep you all posted :) congrats to everyone who is going through the process. It can be quite time consuming but it's super exciting also :D

Mooky1
2nd Jun 2017, 04:51
Woo! Just got my contract emailed through, officially starting with Virgin!!! Ground school starts July 4! Wooooo!!!!! So excited😊😊😊
OOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG
So exciting I do wish you all the best. Make sure you keep us updated 😀✈️

HDSD
2nd Jun 2017, 09:27
Congrats to everyone who has made it to ground school!
I applied last week for Sydney and got an email yesterday about an assessment day.
Does anyone know when they might hold one?

Alexis2289
2nd Jun 2017, 09:58
Huge congrats!! Soo exciting. Good luck and keep us posted 😊😊

pacific blue gal
2nd Jun 2017, 22:57
Congrats to those starting GS soon.Any idea when is the next GS for Auckland base?Both my referees contacted last week.Waiting game still on.

TP68
3rd Jun 2017, 01:00
Congrats to those starting GS soon.Any idea when is the next GS for Auckland base?Both my referees contacted last week.Waiting game still on.I heard a whisper from a friend who wirks for Virgin based in Auckland next ground school between August and November.. I haven't had any word since doing my online test.. so patiently waiting.

Mooky1
8th Jun 2017, 10:38
Hi guys
Got a call on Monday to do a medical. 😀 Did the medical today, so fingers crossed I hear in the next couple of days 😀😀

Alexis2289
8th Jun 2017, 11:11
Hi guys
Got a call on Monday to do a medical. 😀 Did the medical today, so fingers crossed I hear in the next couple of days 😀😀
Congrats Mooky that's great news!! Hopefully there is a Melbourne Ground School soon. I got an email on Tuesday that my Swim Test had been received, but no call for a medical as of yet! Keep us all updated 🙌🏼👌🏼😊

kjag31
9th Jun 2017, 00:01
Hi guys

Hi everyone,

Attended an AD 2 days ago and they said that Melbourne base talent pool will be moving quite quickly now as they have to backfill all of the Crew that transitioned to the new Hong Kong route announced by Virgin! Seems like a GS for you guys will be held very soon indeed, hence being asked to do medicals! All the best and good luck :)

Alexis2289
9th Jun 2017, 01:18
Woo hoo! Just got my call this morn for Melbourne Ground School July 31st! Off to do my medical! Oh my gosh.... beyond excited!!

SenZubEanS
9th Jun 2017, 01:52
Woo hoo! Just got my call this morn for Melbourne Ground School July 31st!

:D:ok::D:ok::D:ok::D:ok::D:ok::D:ok::D:ok::D

Mooky1
9th Jun 2017, 02:03
Sooooo excited got my contract today. Start date 27th June- Melbourne based 😀✈️✈️✈️ See you all in the sky's 😀

Mooky1
9th Jun 2017, 02:05
Woo hoo! Just got my call this morn for Melbourne Ground School July 31st! Off to do my medical! Oh my gosh.... beyond excited!!

Congratulations 😀😀 you're 5 weeks behind me. I'm sure we will fly together sometime soon 😀✈️👍🏻

HDSD
11th Jun 2017, 07:09
Hey everyone. Does anyone know how short men's hair can be at Virgin? Thanks for all your help!

CaitlinMaree92
12th Jun 2017, 13:46
Sooooo excited got my contract today. Start date 27th June- Melbourne based 😀✈️✈️✈️ See you all in the sky's 😀

Congrats Mooky!! That's so exciting! I'm coh ting down the days now until I start!

francescamaria
13th Jun 2017, 23:09
Congrats to those through to ground schools!

I'm in the ADL talent pool .. Just wondering if those that applied for ADL this year have had AD days yet?

Good luck if not!! :)

kjag31
14th Jun 2017, 00:11
Congrats to those through to ground schools!

I'm in the ADL talent pool .. Just wondering if those that applied for ADL this year have had AD days yet?

Good luck if not!! :)

Hi francescamaria, the AD days were last week! When was your AD and how long have you been in the talent pool?

francescamaria
14th Jun 2017, 03:43
Hi francescamaria, the AD days were last week! When was your AD and how long have you been in the talent pool?

Hello, thanks, mine was in August 2016! Yay fingers crossed the ball starts rolling now! Hope your AD day went well :)

pacific blue gal
14th Jun 2017, 05:57
Hiya guys.Got email today after my reference check 3 weeks ago.I have made ot to the talent pool.The email said recruitment team waiting for confirmation on training dates.As soon as they hear that then im off to do medicals and final review.Anybody else heard anything?This is for AKLD base.

HDSD
14th Jun 2017, 06:15
Congrats Pacific Blue Gal!

Did anyone else go to the AD in Sydney yesterday morning? So nervous waiting to hear back.

kd87
14th Jun 2017, 07:56
Congrats Mooky!! That's so exciting! I'm coh ting down the days now until I start!

Hey CaitlinMaree92, see you at SYD ground school. I've been reading the forums until I got confirmation of my ground school offer today!

For everyone else, just remember it's a long process and try to do your current job as normal. Just to give you an idea, I applied in February! No news is good news.

kjag31
16th Jun 2017, 07:05
Hi all,

Unfortunately I didn't make it past the AD stage for ADL base this time round, but got feedback to say just need some more experience (I'm only 19). But to all of you who have been successful, all the best and I hope you make it to a GS soon!!! so excited for you all

Alexis2289
16th Jun 2017, 08:33
Received my contract today!! Start Ground School for Melbourne Base on 31st July. Soo excited. Congrats to everyone who has also received good news.....and to those still waiting...hang in there...the wait sucks....but it's worth it when you finally get that Golden Call! 🙌🏼😊

Mooky1
17th Jun 2017, 02:18
Hi Guys,

So I know a lot of people keep asking/wanting to know timeframes so i thought i would pop my down so people have an idea how the process went for me :) i hope this helps. my journey has been all in 2017

20th Jan - applied online
07th Feb - sent email to upload a 30 second video to introduce myself
05th Mar - invited to AD
09th Mar - attended the AD
10th Mar - email to say was successful at AD
12th Mar - sent email to do online comprehension testing
20th Mar - email sent to references
28th Mar - email sent to do Water Competency
01st Apr - uploaded completed Water Competency
22nd Apr - email to say i'm in talent pool
06th Jun - received call to do medical
07th Jun - Did medical
09th Jun - received call to offer me the job
27th Jun - start ground school

So as you can see it all took a little over 5 months.
Some people have taken longer and others a little bit shorter but the process for everyone is the same.
I'm so excited to be starting next week:)
Happy flyings to everyone

HDSD
17th Jun 2017, 03:43
Well done to everyone who is progressing. It's all very exciting. Two quick questions to anyone in the know - do they provide dry cleaning for the uniforms and do they feed you on the plane? Thanks for all your help!

Clay111
17th Jun 2017, 21:19
Hi guys
We all just finished our training and you guys will love it
It's really intense so study hard
You choose the right employer
Good luck whose starting ground school soon in auckland and Australia

EAnderson55
18th Jun 2017, 23:41
Hi all!!
I applied for AD In march - attended April 19th
2 days later passed my online test> 2 weeks later had reference checks > 2 weeks later had my swimming competency and made the talent pool. I've been in the talent pool since may 17th (so 4 weeks roughly)

Does anyone know how often they run ground schools ? There's one July 4th but it's full so im praying that there's one soon! I've heard some people can wait up to a year 😳😳

EAnderson55
18th Jun 2017, 23:52
Hi all!
I had my AD April 19th
Passed assessment day 2 days later
2 weeks later reference checks
2 weeks later swimming comp then talent pool a few days later.

I've been in the VARA talent pool since May 17th so almost a month. I've heard there's a ground school starting July 4th but it's full

Does anyone know when the next one will be?
I've heard people can wait such a long time!

francescamaria
18th Jun 2017, 23:59
I'm sorry to hear that but that's really positive feedback and you definitely have plenty of time to gain more experience ! Oh to be 19! :) wishing you the best of luck for next time xxx

Hi all,

Unfortunately I didn't make it past the AD stage for ADL base this time round, but got feedback to say just need some more experience (I'm only 19). But to all of you who have been successful, all the best and I hope you make it to a GS soon!!! so excited for you all

HDSD
19th Jun 2017, 00:01
That sounds awesome Clay!! :-)
Does anyone know what the pass mark is for the online test? I got really nervous so I don't think I did as well as I should have.

pacific blue gal
19th Jun 2017, 03:30
Congrats Clay.You will be flying soon :)) Any idea when is the next ground school in Auckland?

kjag31
19th Jun 2017, 06:26
I'm sorry to hear that but that's really positive feedback and you definitely have plenty of time to gain more experience ! Oh to be 19! :) wishing you the best of luck for next time xxx

Thanks so much francescamaria! :) Ill be here again this time next year hopefully with different outcome!

Clay111
19th Jun 2017, 09:34
Congrats Clay.You will be flying soon :)) Any idea when is the next ground school in Auckland?

Are you in talent pool?
I think it's next month

louu
19th Jun 2017, 14:21
How are Melbourne base girls and guys going? I applied March 31st and have been waiting since then for an AD to be scheduled. Anyone else in the same boat? :)

pacific blue gal
19th Jun 2017, 17:54
Are you in talent pool?
I think it's next month

Yes.Im in talent pool.just been asked to submit my swim cert which im doing tomorrow.

Ayana
20th Jun 2017, 09:59
Any BNE base recruits heard anything or made any progression? 😁

Skyangel20
20th Jun 2017, 10:13
Any BNE base recruits heard anything or made any progression? 😁

The messaged me a week ago saying the didn't foresee any ground schools in the next few months :(

maria1
20th Jun 2017, 10:22
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. Just want to say congratulations to those who have made it to ground school! :)
I have a question about swimming ability if someone could please help me out. What swimming or water activities is involved in ground school?
I can swim 50m but I'm not a confident swimmer so I am a bit worried. Thanks!

Alexis2289
20th Jun 2017, 20:59
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. Just want to say congratulations to those who have made it to ground school! :)
I have a question about swimming ability if someone could please help me out. What swimming or water activities is involved in ground school?
I can swim 50m but I'm not a confident swimmer so I am a bit worried. Thanks!
Hi Maria, no need to stress, I'm not the greatest swimmer at all....but as long as you can swim the 50m, your swim style or time is not an issue. The 3 min treading water was easier than I thought. Just get into a calm rhythm and you'll be fine. The lifeguard who did mine chatted to me for the three minutes while I was treading water which seemed to take my mind off it, and the three minutes flew by. No need to stress. Good luck 😊

pacific blue gal
20th Jun 2017, 22:53
Hi everyone,
I can swim 50m but I'm not a confident swimmer so I am a bit worried. Thanks! Hey there! From what i know about other airline that my sister works for its basically jumping into the water and you keep treading while puting on the overalls and then swim to the raft.Haul yourself up into it.also helping other passengers up into the raft.shes not a confident swimmer but she did it!Its not that hard.she said they had life jackets on as well so that helped.she dis say that hauling herself up on the raft was hard.i dont know how virgin does it though.hope this helps.😊😊

Ayana
21st Jun 2017, 07:14
The messaged me a week ago saying the didn't foresee any ground schools in the next few months :(

I just got the same email 😩. I'm worried as I've been in the talent pool since late last year and I believe our applications expire after 12 months. I've actually emailed them back and asked if its possible to transfer my application to another base (I'm prepared to move) to save me having to go through the process all over again if they don't foresee a ground school in the next few months.

Skyangel20
21st Jun 2017, 07:40
I just got the same email 😩. I'm worried as I've been in the talent pool since late last year and I believe our applications expire after 12 months. I've actually emailed them back and asked if its possible to transfer my application to another base (I'm prepared to move) to save me having to go through the process all over again if they don't foresee a ground school in the next few months.

Let me know what they say I was thinking the same thing :) I heard your app doesn't expire they just do a phone interview to see if you are still as interested as you were previously in the position.

Ayana
21st Jun 2017, 09:01
Let me know what they say I was thinking the same thing :) I heard your app doesn't expire they just do a phone interview to see if you are still as interested as you were previously in the position.

Oh that would be good if it's just a phone interview. Will definetely keep you posted on their response to switching bases, hopefully hear from them in the next few days 😁😊

wanttoflysyd
22nd Jun 2017, 01:56
Hey everyone. I just found this forum. I read through most of the posts. So useful and informative! Congratulations to everyone who has made it through.

I finished my online test on Sunday for the Sydney base. I still haven't heard from them. Should I be worried? Do many people get rejected at this stage?

Thanks everyone and good luck to you all!!

pacific blue gal
22nd Jun 2017, 04:15
Hey there

Can i please have some info regarding medicals?What exactly is required.I know drug test is done but apart from that what else is involved?I have my uploaded my water competency form and next will be medicals.

Ayana
22nd Jun 2017, 08:13

Okay so the Brisbane team forwarded my transfer Enquiry to Melbourne and I spoke with one of the team there. She said it is possible. She has arranged for the Melbourne Crew Development Manager to call me tomorrow morning for a chat as there are some slight differences between being BNE base and MELB base (not sure what they could be). So it is an option if that's something you want to consider. Will keep you posted tomorrow.

Minicooper95
22nd Jun 2017, 10:15
Hi everyone
I've applied for a job last week with virgin, once i complete the application i got an email saying to complete a 30 sec video which i completed. I got an email saying it was successful and sent to virgin. I've logged onto my account and my application says: application received, video interview requested. Does that mean they havn't received my video help!

Mooky1
24th Jun 2017, 01:20
I'm so excited and nervous to be starting GS next week.
Is anyone else starting next Tuesday in Melbourne?
Good luck to all that are still on the journey, it can take a while so hang in there 😀
I posted my journey a few pages back so if anyone has questions about the process take a look a it😀
Good luck everyone 😀👍🏻✈️

HGnz
24th Jun 2017, 04:26
I just got an email about completing my water competency yesterday :) I was just wondering how fast things usually progress from this point on? I applied for CHC base so my training would be in AKL

pacific blue gal
24th Jun 2017, 10:56
I just got an email about completing my water competency yesterday :) I was just wondering how fast things usually progress from this point on? I applied for CHC base so my training would be in AKL

I heard that after the swim cert its medicals within a week or two.i too uploaded my swim cert this week.im for akld base.depends when theres a ground school confirmed training date.Good luck and congratz 😊😊

shortfinal737
25th Jun 2017, 03:27
Just wondering if anyone here is waiting to hear about VARA in Perth? Any news on when the next ground school might be? 🙂

EAnderson55
26th Jun 2017, 03:05
Just wondering if anyone here is waiting to hear about VARA in Perth? Any news on when the next ground school might be? 🙂

Hey I am in the talent pool for VARA perth, been in the talent pool for 5 weeks now how about you? ive contacted them directly and they said there wont be any anytime soon :| but fingers crossed things changed! I know the application cut off is 30th june for it!

Brittany1989
27th Jun 2017, 13:17
Hi everyone ☺️

I got invited to attend assessment day in Perth so excited! Is anyone else attending on 11th July?

mindy4631
28th Jun 2017, 02:34
Hi guys, I'm new to this. I applied for VA Melbourne base on the 12/06/17 (applications close 30/06/17) and I received an email back straight away asking to submit the 30 second video and I had 72 hours to do this. I submitted the video on the 13/06 and then I received an email on the 19/06 letting me know they have progressed me onto the recruitment day stage. There are no dates set yet so they just said to check emails regularly. Has anyone else applied for Melb base and is waiting to attend a recruitment day?

mindy4631
28th Jun 2017, 02:44
How are Melbourne base girls and guys going? I applied March 31st and have been waiting since then for an AD to be scheduled. Anyone else in the same boat? :)

Hi! I applied for Melbourne cabin crew 12/06 and submitted by video 13/06 and got progressed onto the recruitment day stage on the 19/06. Now I'm just waiting for dates to be released :)

flywithd
28th Jun 2017, 12:54
Waiting for AD in MEL too! Hopefully its on soon after applications close :)

louu
28th Jun 2017, 22:08
Waiting for AD in MEL too! Hopefully its on soon after applications close :)

Yay guys yeah hopefully the melb recruitment day will be soon!:)

Ayana
29th Jun 2017, 03:07
Hi All,

So I'm going to be moving from QLD to Melbourne for ground school on 1st August. Just touching base to see if anyone will also be moving to Melbourne and potentially need to find some flatmates, or have a room they are wanting to rent out 😁😁😁!

Alexis2289
29th Jun 2017, 08:12
Hi All,

So I'm going to be moving from QLD to Melbourne for ground school on 1st August. Just touching base to see if anyone will also be moving to Melbourne and potentially need to find some flatmates, or have a room they are wanting to rent out 😁😁😁!
Hi Ayana,

I'll be moving from Adelaide....and we'll be in the same Ground School! I've sent you an inbox 😊

CaitlinMaree92
29th Jun 2017, 09:54
Hey CaitlinMaree92, see you at SYD ground school. I've been reading the forums until I got confirmation of my ground school offer today!

For everyone else, just remember it's a long process and try to do your current job as normal. Just to give you an idea, I applied in February! No news is good news.

How exciting!!! Congrats on getting through, can't wait to meet you 😊
When was your AD?

Ayana
29th Jun 2017, 10:37
Hi Ayana,

I'll be moving from Adelaide....and we'll be in the same Ground School! I've sent you an inbox 😊

Oh yay! Just replied 😊😊😊

Jayne01
29th Jun 2017, 12:06
Hi All,

Hi Ayana

I have just been reading through the posts. You must be so excited to be starting on 1st August!! I am also in the Brisbane Talent Pool but unfortunately relocating is not an option for me. Did they give any indication when the next Brisbane ground school would be? Or if we need to reapply after 12 months?

Slipspace
29th Jun 2017, 17:42
Hello, everyone!

I applied for the current intake (SYD) on the 21/06, and submitted my elevator pitch the following day. However, after noticing that many of you have received replies, I have yet to hear anything back, and when checking the status of my application, it states "Current Status: Application Received, Video Interview Requested".

Would anyone else be able to comment on what their application status is? I'm a little concerned as I recorded the elevator pitch via the recording function on their site, and despite being confident I submitted it, their careers site states otherwise.

Ayana
30th Jun 2017, 07:04
Hi Ayana

I have just been reading through the posts. You must be so excited to be starting on 1st August!! I am also in the Brisbane Talent Pool but unfortunately relocating is not an option for me. Did they give any indication when the next Brisbane ground school would be? Or if we need to reapply after 12 months?

Thanks yes I'm very excited. When I spoke to Brisbane recruiters they said that unfortunately there were no ground schools scheduled for the foreseeable future due to aviation changes and the needs of the business, so at least not within the next few months. They confirmed that you remain in the talent pool for 12 months. Unfortunately I've been in the talent pool since October last year so I only had a few months remaining and I wasn't confident they would have a ground school prior to my 12 months expiring, hense the transfer request. Who knows though, it all changes so fast they may totally change direction in 3 weeks and be back on board with Brisbane Base expansion. Fingers crossed for you.

flywithd
3rd Jul 2017, 05:17
Hey MEL base applicants! Assessment days are open for booking in!

Im booked in for the 13:00 on the 19th july :)

Caragrace
4th Jul 2017, 04:11
Hey guys!

I'm booked in for the afternoon session on the 20th of July for MEL!!
Anyone else is the same boat? ☺️

mindy4631
4th Jul 2017, 08:16
Hey MEL base applicants! Assessment days are open for booking in!

Im booked in for the 13:00 on the 19th july :)

I got the invitation to attend the AD too but unfortunately I can't make this round due to the fact I'm moving to Melbourne on the 23rd! Missed out by a few days but at least I will get an invitation for the next round.

Let me know how you go! Best of luck as well

mindy4631
4th Jul 2017, 08:20
Hi All,

Hey Ayana,
I am moving to Melbourne too, I have been added to this page called Fairy Floss Real Estate. It's a great page, sublets and short/long term rental for Melbourne. Search it on FB and request to join the page if you haven't already!

flywithd
4th Jul 2017, 12:55
I got the invitation to attend the AD too but unfortunately I can't make this round due to the fact I'm moving to Melbourne on the 23rd! Missed out by a few days but at least I will get an invitation for the next round.

Let me know how you go! Best of luck as well

awww no, thats such a shame! Well it's kind of a good sign that the AD day was scheduled a few days after applications closed so fingers crossed for you theres heaps more scheduled straight after ours!

Ayana
4th Jul 2017, 15:06
Hey Ayana,
I am moving to Melbourne too, I have been added to this page called Fairy Floss Real Estate. It's a great page, sublets and short/long term rental for Melbourne. Search it on FB and request to join the page if you haven't already!
Oh awesome - Thanks so much for the info. I've just requested to join. Where are you moving from? Are you in the August 1st GS as well?

brn2flii
5th Jul 2017, 01:38
Heya everyone! A very quick question for anyone who has been lucky to be successful so far.. When you are up to the references stage what did it say on your account? Did it say reference check or under review? Thanks so much for your answers! Hope to see you all in the skies soon!

pacific blue gal
5th Jul 2017, 12:18
Heya everyone! A very quick question for anyone who has been lucky to be successful so far.. When you are up to the references stage what did it say on your account? Did it say reference check or under review? Thanks so much for your answers! Hope to see you all in the skies soon!
Hi there brn2flii..I handed in my swim cert last week so next up is the medicals.its a lengthy process.i was expecting medicals sooner but guess it all depends when theres a next ground school.Im for Auckland base.Congrats on getting so far 😊😊😊

brn2flii
5th Jul 2017, 13:02
Hi there brn2flii..I handed in my swim cert last week so next up is the medicals.its a lengthy process.i was expecting medicals sooner but guess it all depends when theres a next ground school.Im for Auckland base.Congrats on getting so far 😊😊😊

Thanks so much!! And congratulations to you! When you were at the references check can I please ask what your status said online? Was it under review? Thanks so much again

pacific blue gal
6th Jul 2017, 01:18
Thanks so much!! And congratulations to you! When you were at the references check can I please ask what your status said online? Was it under review? Thanks so much again
Hi there
Yes it said under review.Now its saying Talent Pool.Still have the medicals to get through and the final review.:ugh:

brn2flii
6th Jul 2017, 02:53
Hi there
Yes it said under review.Now its saying Talent Pool.Still have the medicals to get through and the final review.:ugh:

Thank you so much Pacfic Blue Gal!
I'm sure you'll have some good news very soon.
Fingers crossed there's some more ground schools due soonish in Aus eek!!

HDSD
6th Jul 2017, 04:42
Hi all
Does anyone know how many overnights Sydney-based crew generally get?
I read that it was very low when the base opened. Just wondering if it's gone up at all?
Thanks in advance!

HDSD
6th Jul 2017, 05:23
Hi all
Does anyone know how many overnights Sydney-based crew generally get?
I read that it was very low when the base opened. Just wondering if it's gone up at all?
Thanks in advance!

Please feel free to PM me if you're not comfortable posting publicly. Thanks again!!

francescamaria
6th Jul 2017, 13:59
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any idea when the next GS for ADL is likely to be? Has anyone got through to reference checks or ADL talent pool from the AD days in June? I'm still waiting patiently. Thanks!

Mooky1
6th Jul 2017, 21:23
Hi guys
So end of second week of GS today. All is great. The trainer are very helpful and with you every step of the way. But be ready, It's soooooo full on you do one thing and then on to the next. The first week we worked untill 1.30 am on sat morning (due to an aircraft availablity) and lots of study and reading. We have done 2, 45hr weeks in the class room and about 25hr extra study at night and on weekends. But at the end of the day it's all good 😊 would change a thing. Best of luck to everyone. Happy flyings 👍🏻✈️

pacific blue gal
6th Jul 2017, 22:53
Hi guys
So end of second week of GS today. All is great. The trainer are very helpful and with you every step of the way. But be ready, It's soooooo full on you do one thing and then on to the next. The first week we worked untill 1.30 am on sat morning (due to an aircraft availablity) and lots of study and reading. We have done 2, 45hr weeks in the class room and about 25hr extra study at night and on weekends. But at the end of the day it's all good 😊 would change a thing. Best of luck to everyone. Happy flyings 👍🏻✈️
Wow! That is intense but definately so worth it once its over.Thankx for your update on how its going.Gives an insight into the scene at GS😀.Cant waite to start mine.Currently sitting in talent pool wating for medicals call/email.All the best with the rest of your GS Mooky.😊😊

louu
10th Jul 2017, 04:37
Hi guys

Hey Mooky1, congrats I hope it is going well! Just wondering do you have to travel to the training every day or is everyone actually boarding/staying there for the whole ground school period? :)

flyhigh2000
11th Jul 2017, 01:18
Hi all!
I had my AD April 19th
Passed assessment day 2 days later
2 weeks later reference checks
2 weeks later swimming comp then talent pool a few days later.

I've been in the VARA talent pool since May 17th so almost a month. I've heard there's a ground school starting July 4th but it's full

Does anyone know when the next one will be?
I've heard people can wait such a long time!

Hi! I'm also in the talent pool for VARA perth. I'm waiting to hear also when the next GS will start!

pacific blue gal
11th Jul 2017, 21:34
Hi! I'm also in the talent pool for VARA perth. I'm waiting to hear also when the next GS will start!

There seems to be quite a number of us waiting in the talent pool for GS.Hope good news is in store for us soon.

Brittany1989
12th Jul 2017, 02:09
I went to AD in Perth yesterday so exciting! They said there is no GS scheduled as of yet :(

EAnderson55
12th Jul 2017, 11:11

8th august !! And then there's one September/October

I just passed my medical last week :)!

pacific blue gal
12th Jul 2017, 22:13
8th august !! And then there's one September/October

I just passed my medical last week :)!
Congrats to you😊😊!Seems you will be in the gs soon.Do you know if those are the dares for Akld base as well?

83ATC
13th Jul 2017, 02:29
Hi all, Just an enquiry for a friend who is applying for VA CC. She has to submit an elevator pitch in the next day or so, do you upload a file or is it recorded live? Cheers83ATC

Kadara
13th Jul 2017, 13:20
Hi all, Just an enquiry for a friend who is applying for VA CC. She has to submit an elevator pitch in the next day or so, do you upload a file or is it recorded live? Cheers83ATC

You will have the option of recording live (which you have unlimited takes), or you can simply upload a file.

Mooky1
13th Jul 2017, 19:46
Hey Mooky1, congrats I hope it is going well! Just wondering do you have to travel to the training every day or is everyone actually boarding/staying there for the whole ground school period? :)
Hi
It's a office building. No accommodation on sight. It's about a 10 min drive away for the airport in an industrial area. There is a Quest Melbourne airport hotel about a 5 min drive away on south centre road.
All try :
Fairy Floss Real Estate. It's a great page, sublets and short/long term rentals for Melbourne 😀

Erissah
17th Jul 2017, 05:42
Hi Guys,
my assessment day is this week! I'm super excited I actually can't wait I've been making sure I research and know what I want to say in my interview but I would love some tips!! :D
Thanks
Erissah

louu
17th Jul 2017, 13:58
Hi Guys,
my assessment day is this week! I'm super excited I actually can't wait I've been making sure I research and know what I want to say in my interview but I would love some tips!! :D
Thanks
Erissah

Hey Erissah so is mine I'm so excited too!

Erissah
18th Jul 2017, 00:47
Hey Erissah so is mine I'm so excited too!

What time are you scheduled for? I'm on the 20th at 1pm!!

louu
18th Jul 2017, 04:39
What time are you scheduled for? I'm on the 20th at 1pm!!

Me too!! :)

Erissah
18th Jul 2017, 09:41
Oh wonderful! Hopefully I bump into you on the day which is likely :D haha

louu
19th Jul 2017, 00:40
Oh wonderful! Hopefully I bump into you on the day which is likely :D haha

Yes!! It'll be so nice to have someone to chat to :))

Erissah
19th Jul 2017, 03:00
My name is Maddy and I'm a ginger so if you see someone who matches that description it is probably me :D haha

louu
19th Jul 2017, 07:15
My name is Maddy and I'm a ginger so if you see someone who matches that description it is probably me :D haha

Yay!!!! My name is Louisa and I'm blonde :)

Mywish
19th Jul 2017, 21:29
Hi everyone.I have been placed in talent pool for Akld base since mid June.
The email after i submitted my swim cert said i have been placed in talent pool and will be contacted as soon as ground school date is confirmed for Akld base.
What really is the talent pool?Should i take it as good news?
Anybody else here waiting for Akld base as well?

Caragrace
20th Jul 2017, 20:05
Hi everyone.I have been placed in talent pool for Akld base since mid June.
The email after i submitted my swim cert said i have been placed in talent pool and will be contacted as soon as ground school date is confirmed for Akld base.
What really is the talent pool?Should i take it as good news?
Anybody else here waiting for Akld base as well?

Absolutely everyone goes into the talent pool 😌 You can be in it for up to a year before they have a ground school ready for you to attend

wings_
22nd Jul 2017, 20:37

Have you heard anything? I'm waiting as well for CHC base

Caragrace
23rd Jul 2017, 01:05
Has anyone heard back from the MEL AD just been? I know some people hear back a couple of days later sometimes

Mywish
23rd Jul 2017, 03:04

No.Nothing yet.Its all gone very quiet.Hopefully you get some good news soon.

louu
24th Jul 2017, 04:36
Has anyone heard back from the MEL AD just been? I know some people hear back a couple of days later sometimes

Hey Cara! I think I remember your name from the 1pm session! I haven't heard anything yet either :( did they say 2 weeks to you?

Caragrace
24th Jul 2017, 06:00
Hey Cara! I think I remember your name from the 1pm session! I haven't heard anything yet either :( did they say 2 weeks to you?

Hi there!
Yes I was at the 1pm session! They told me 2 weeks, but I just received an email about an hour ago telling me I have been progressed onto the online testing part!!!

From what I have read on this forum though, they can contact you at any point within the two weeks with the good news :)

Have you had any reply yet? :)

louu
24th Jul 2017, 09:36
Update: I have progressed to the online assessment! I'm scared it's gonna be super hard :/ any tips for me from those who got past this stage?

Caragrace
24th Jul 2017, 10:10
Update: I have progressed to the online assessment! I'm scared it's gonna be super hard :/ any tips for me from those who got past this stage?

Hey girl! So have I!! Yay us :)

It's not super hard, but it is English based so make sure you read carefully ☺️ It's not about how many you answer, as long as you answer correctly

Erissah
24th Jul 2017, 11:27
I just recieved an email today saying I have progressed to the online assessment I'm so excited!! :D
Btw Louu &Cara I'm so happy about your news too!

louu
24th Jul 2017, 13:32
Hey girl! So have I!! Yay us :)

It's not super hard, but it is English based so make sure you read carefully ☺️ It's not about how many you answer, as long as you answer correctly

Okay yay fab! I'm so excited that the three of us got through!

Caragrace
24th Jul 2017, 19:16
I just recieved an email today saying I have progressed to the online assessment I'm so excited!! :D
Btw Louu &Cara I'm so happy about your news too!

Hey I remember you from the airport 😂 Congrats and yay to us!!

Caragrace
25th Jul 2017, 01:00
Okay yay fab! I'm so excited that the three of us got through!

Same here! Let's all keep in touch :)

HGnz
25th Jul 2017, 01:07

Nope nothing yet! But on my assessment day they mentioned the next one may potentially be around November so it might be a few months yet! When did you have your AD?:)

alysha
25th Jul 2017, 04:01
Did anyone here attend the assessment day in Perth on July 11th or 12th? :) Have you heard anything?

alysha
25th Jul 2017, 04:02
Hi everyone ☺️

I got invited to attend assessment day in Perth so excited! Is anyone else attending on 11th July?

I attended on the 12th :) Have you heard anything?

Caragrace
25th Jul 2017, 06:16
Officially onto reference check stage ☺️ Pretty happy how quick it has taken to get to this stage, hopefully references only take 2 weeks!

flywithd
25th Jul 2017, 06:51
I'm amazed with how fast its been so far! Yay to us who have gotten onto references and for those who haven't yet just hold in there! <3

louu
25th Jul 2017, 07:44
I'm onto reference check stage too YAY I'm glad it's moving fast! :D Good luck to everyone else we can do this!

Caragrace
25th Jul 2017, 10:05
I'm amazed with how fast its been so far! Yay to us who have gotten onto references and for those who haven't yet just hold in there! <3

Where you at the mel ad days just been? :)

flywithd
26th Jul 2017, 05:34
Where you at the mel ad days just been? :)

Yes! Wed session at 1pm :D

Erissah
27th Jul 2017, 11:36
Just out of curiousity, what sort of things do they look at for the medical? I'm a bit far from that stage but I just wonder :)

flywithd
27th Jul 2017, 12:24
Just out of curiousity, what sort of things do they look at for the medical? I'm a bit far from that stage but I just wonder :)

From my previous one and what I can recall from the top of my mind it was eyesight, colour vision test, hearing, what you're immunised against, one or 2 physical exercises and a chest test where you use your breath to project an object.

I don't know if its changed but the medical can be similar to whats described!

Erissah
27th Jul 2017, 12:39
From my previous one and what I can recall from the top of my mind it was eyesight, colour vision test, hearing, what you're immunised against, one or 2 physical exercises and a chest test where you use your breath to project an object.

I don't know if its changed but the medical can be similar to whats described!

Awesome! Good to know :) thank you!!

Caragrace
28th Jul 2017, 05:24
Does anyone know if virgin has any strict vision requirements? I know most airlines are okay with contacts, but air New Zealand is not, so this has me curious for virgin Australia :)

louu
28th Jul 2017, 10:07
Caragrace, Erissah, flywithd have any of you heard anything regarding the reference checks? This stage is making me so anxious!

Erissah
29th Jul 2017, 04:25
Does anyone know if virgin has any strict vision requirements? I know most airlines are okay with contacts, but air New Zealand is not, so this has me curious for virgin Australia :)

Hi Cara I don't know but I always see them wearing glasses so I'm not sure? I really hope not because I have terrible vision

Erissah
29th Jul 2017, 04:26
Caragrace, Erissah, flywithd have any of you heard anything regarding the reference checks? This stage is making me so anxious!

I'm not sure I did my written test a day later and haven't gotten confirmation since. I have heard they take up to a month just to contact the references :/

EAnderson55
30th Jul 2017, 10:25
hi all!
I've officially made it to ground school commencing 8th August! For VARA Perth

I am so excited!
My process has taken since April 19th!
Is there anyone on here who is also attending the same ground school?

:)

travelbug2011
30th Jul 2017, 10:31
I'm not sure I did my written test a day later and haven't gotten confirmation since. I have heard they take up to a month just to contact the references :/
Hi Erissah, louu and Caragrace! I was also at the Melbourne AD just passed, the Wednesday morning session! I was sent the online assessment last week and I completed it on Wednesday. I am waiting to hear back..... so much suspense! Erissah, are you still waiting to hear back from the test as well?

Erissah
30th Jul 2017, 12:54
Hi Erissah, louu and Caragrace! I was also at the Melbourne AD just passed, the Wednesday morning session! I was sent the online assessment last week and I completed it on Wednesday. I am waiting to hear back..... so much suspense! Erissah, are you still waiting to hear back from the test as well?

Hi Travelbug2011
Yes I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I passed or not! Hating the waiting game especially since I know the reference check process takes a long time! haha :D

Also girls do you remember how they said they have a G.S coming up in November... I thought I heard them say that it is quite full but I haven't seen anyone post here saying they are attending it? Did I hear them wrong? haha :)

Erissah
30th Jul 2017, 12:57
hi all!

I am so excited!

Congratulations!!! :D :D :D So excited for you

louu
31st Jul 2017, 00:32
Hi Travelbug2011
Yes I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I passed or not! Hating the waiting game especially since I know the reference check process takes a long time! haha :D

Also girls do you remember how they said they have a G.S coming up in November... I thought I heard them say that it is quite full but I haven't seen anyone post here saying they are attending it? Did I hear them wrong? haha :)

Yes Erissah I remember they said that it was pretty full and that they only take 24 heads. I think if we're successful we won't get to attend a ground school till early next year :( who knows though..

Also congrats EAnderson55 that's fabulous you must be so excited!!

Fingers crossed for the rest of us - it's such a gruelling waiting game 😣

Erissah
31st Jul 2017, 01:40
Update! got the email this morning saying I am officially through to the reference checks stage

And Louu I think your right haha

Brittany1989
31st Jul 2017, 01:44
hi all!

I am so excited!

Congratulations! How exciting, I am in Perth too I've just submitted my swimming competency and now waiting for what's next! Hopefully I can get into the next one! Good luck 😀

louu
31st Jul 2017, 01:53
Update:

"Current status: Reference Check"

Yay!!

travelbug2011
31st Jul 2017, 03:54
Thanks for your replies! The email came through this morning for references too! Cheers!

Caragrace
31st Jul 2017, 04:10

I received an email today asking my relationship to one of my referees, so hopefully that means they are sending them out very soon!! Soooo anxious waiting

Caragrace
31st Jul 2017, 04:11
Hi Cara I don't know but I always see them wearing glasses so I'm not sure? I really hope not because I have terrible vision

Haha same here! One of my friends who works for VA said it was fine!

Caragrace
31st Jul 2017, 04:34
My referees just confirmed they were emailed today!! Love how fast this has moved so far

SenZubEanS
31st Jul 2017, 05:32
My referees just confirmed they were emailed today!! Love how fast this has moved so far

Wowzer, it was 6 weeks between when I was through to the reference checks to when they actually emailed them.

Caragrace
31st Jul 2017, 08:18
Wowzer, it was 6 weeks between when I was through to the reference checks to when they actually emailed them.

I was expecting it to be this long to be honest! Everyone who has been through this is so shocked it was within a week! Are you currently in the talent pool?

flywithd
1st Aug 2017, 05:00
I received an email today asking my relationship to one of my referees, so hopefully that means they are sending them out very soon!! Soooo anxious waiting

I haven't heard anything from my referees yet. Let me check

Brittany1989
2nd Aug 2017, 01:40
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what happens after you have submitted swimming competency? How long after do you do a medical?

Thanks ☺️☺️

showgirl
2nd Aug 2017, 22:54
Hey everyone, I just discovered this thread 🤦🏼*♀️I'm at swimming competency stage for Sydney base. I did the 1pm interview session on 13th June. I'm about to go overseas for a month so trying to organise myself to go straight in to a medical when I get back (assuming). Looking ahead if I am successful, I am wondering if anyone else is moving to Sydney for ground school? I need a flat mate or two. Also looking at suburbs that might be suitable within 2 hours from the airport for on call days. Is anyone else where I'm at? I am hoping if I have gotten this far I essentially should have the job, assuming I pass the medical and ground school, does anyone know if that's right? Feeling a bit in the dark 😂

Caragrace
3rd Aug 2017, 02:34
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what happens after you have submitted swimming competency? How long after do you do a medical?

Thanks ☺️☺️
Hey girl! You don't do medical until they have a ground school ready for you because of the cost of it ☺️

Caragrace
3rd Aug 2017, 02:37
Hey everyone, I just discovered this thread 🤦🏼*♀️I'm at swimming competency stage for Sydney base. I did the 1pm interview session on 13th June. I'm about to go overseas for a month so trying to organise myself to go straight in to a medical when I get back (assuming). Looking ahead if I am successful, I am wondering if anyone else is moving to Sydney for ground school? I need a flat mate or two. Also looking at suburbs that might be suitable within 2 hours from the airport for on call days. Is anyone else where I'm at? I am hoping if I have gotten this far I essentially should have the job, assuming I pass the medical and ground school, does anyone know if that's right? Feeling a bit in the dark 😂

Hey girl if you made it onto swimming part then you are pretty much home free if you pass medical, and at the end of ground school if you pass then you get offered a contract straight away to begin flying ☺️ But they don't ask you to do medical until a ground school is actually free for you, so you won't need to worry about organising until you get that golden call!

showgirl
3rd Aug 2017, 05:12
Hey girl if you made it onto swimming part then you are pretty much home free if you pass medical, and at the end of ground school if you pass then you get offered a contract straight away to begin flying ☺️ But they don't ask you to do medical until a ground school is actually free for you, so you won't need to worry about organising until you get that golden call!

Awesome! Thanks, so glad I found this thread. I'm also pretty confused about what I have actually applied for, lol. The original link I followed was for Sydney base, FY17 and international/domestic. So being clueless originally I thought that might mean they train you for both and you get a mix. Now I've heard that you're actually trained for a specific aircraft though so you would be domestic OR international? Anyone have any ideas?

Brittany1989
3rd Aug 2017, 08:08
Hey girl! You don't do medical until they have a ground school ready for you because of the cost of it ☺️

Thanks!! GS just started in Perth this week, so I can relax and wait for them to let me know ☺️

showgirl
4th Aug 2017, 01:25
Confirmation this morning I am at talent pool status! Couldn't be happier! Anyone else here from Sydney at the same stage? It's all new and exciting and I'm keen to meet my new team mates

HDSD
4th Aug 2017, 03:32
Hey guys after I uploaded the swimming certificate my status changed to talent pool but I haven't had an email or anything. What happens now? Hope everyone is going well :-)

Mywish
4th Aug 2017, 04:05
Hey guys after I uploaded the swimming certificate my status changed to talent pool but I haven't had an email or anything. What happens now? Hope everyone is going well :-)
Hi there
I email recruitment team a few days ago asking when there would be a likely ground school and was told as soon as one is available they will be in touch.Seems all GS is full at the moment.Its so hard waiting but at least its positive news that we are getting a call as soon as GS is availabe.😊😊😊

showgirl
4th Aug 2017, 05:52
Me too, fingers crossed

louu
7th Aug 2017, 02:08
Uploaded my swimming competency today and now my status is 'Talent Pool' (MEL base) yay!

Erissah
7th Aug 2017, 02:10
Uploaded my swimming competency today and now my status is 'Talent Pool' (MEL base) yay!

OMG so happy for you! still waiting on my references to be contacted! what did you do in the swimming competency? I haven't done any swimming training for it but I can swim and tread water

louu
7th Aug 2017, 02:17
OMG so happy for you! still waiting on my references to be contacted! what did you do in the swimming competency? I haven't done any swimming training for it but I can swim and tread water

I'm sure they'll be contacted soon Erissah! As for the swimming I contacted my local pool and organised to be assessed and then a few days before I went and practiced the 50m swim and the 3min tread to make sure that I was confident. You'll be fine! :O

showgirl
7th Aug 2017, 08:05

I haven't swam since school (almost 10 years ) and was a bit nervous but it ended up being fine. You can basically get to the end any way you like and are wearing swimwear, not clothes and shoes like some of them. Treading water was ok as long as you just relax :)

Mariishappy
8th Aug 2017, 00:34
Congratulations!! I think we've met. 😊 I had my interview on the same day. I'm the half Asian brunette girl from Brisbane. I've been looking on gumtree for a place to live that's reletively close to the trainning centre. But just for a short-term. I've heard that a lot of cabin crew should have flateshares posted on a noticeboard somewhere?

showgirl
8th Aug 2017, 02:14
Congratulations!! I think we've met. 😊 I had my interview on the same day. I'm the half Asian brunette girl from Brisbane. I've been looking on gumtree for a place to live that's reletively close to the trainning centre. But just for a short-term. I've heard that a lot of cabin crew should have flateshares posted on a noticeboard somewhere?

Oh hey! I have been feeling like I'm just chillin here with my Sydney base status and no friends.
That sounds good, I will try to stalk that out. I called head office today and they said there won't be a ground school scheduled before October at least so that is an easier time frame to work with. You're from Brisbane but relocating to Sydney right? Or are you meaning just for ground school?

jlh1040
13th Aug 2017, 08:29
Hi guys,

congrats on everyone that has successfully going through recruitment in the past few months! i applied in 2015 and didnt hear back about an open day for a very long time and by then i had gotten a job already but have been thinking about it ever since so have reapplied for PER base - domestic and short haul international for 2018.

i am hoping they have an open day soon but if its for 2018 probably not likely. a friend who works for VA said they just put through 3 GS! so might not need anyone right now but i am making sure i am prepped and ready! that video app was a shock! i hope i passed that atleast :)

Brittany1989
14th Aug 2017, 08:50
Does anyone know if there is any confirmed Groubd schools for Perth?

VAhopeful
14th Aug 2017, 11:03
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone here is going to the morning session for the assessment day coming up for Perth?

jlh1040
14th Aug 2017, 12:54
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone here is going to the morning session for the assessment day coming up for Perth?

Ohhhhh when is it?

I just heard they put through 3 GS Brittany1989.

Brittany1989
14th Aug 2017, 13:56
Ohhhhh when is it?

I just heard they put through 3 GS Brittany1989.

Ohhhh exciting, hopefully I will hear soon! Good luck with your application!

jlh1040
14th Aug 2017, 23:13
Thanks :) I hope they put a GS on soon for you. You must be so excited!

Brittany1989
15th Aug 2017, 01:48
Thanks :) I hope they put a GS on soon for you. You must be so excited!

Yesss I am, I've only been in the talent pool for a few weeks but feels like such a long wait 😩 Everything before went very quickly, from my application date to talent pool was only about 5 weeks, so hopefully all goes well and quickly for you! 😀

jlh1040
15th Aug 2017, 04:43
Yesss I am, I've only been in the talent pool for a few weeks but feels like such a long wait 😩 Everything before went very quickly, from my application date to talent pool was only about 5 weeks, so hopefully all goes well and quickly for you! 😀

Well this sucks. I emailed to ask about the assessment day and I got a reply saying they weren't progressing my application further. Is this because I emailed about the assessment day?! I can't reapply for 12 months they said.

I've been invited to a assessment day before and had to decline as I couldn't get time off work! WTF

Brittany1989
16th Aug 2017, 01:17
Well this sucks. I emailed to ask about the assessment day and I got a reply saying they weren't progressing my application further. Is this because I emailed about the assessment day?! I can't reapply for 12 months they said.

I've been invited to a assessment day before and had to decline as I couldn't get time off work! WTF

Ohhh no, that's not good...don't know why, but you should re apply when you can if it's something you really want!

jlh1040
16th Aug 2017, 05:48
Yes I really really do! Applied 2015 - moved to a new campaign, 2016 - invite to next recruitment day (never got invited), 17 - not progressing my application... don't know if I can wait 12 months though. I'd love to work for Virgin but might have to explore other avenues in the meantime!

I hope you get out of the talent pool soon and start GS! Waiting sucks :)

Clay111
16th Aug 2017, 21:08
Yes I really really do! Applied 2015 - moved to a new campaign, 2016 - invite to next recruitment day (never got invited), 17 - not progressing my application... don't know if I can wait 12 months though. I'd love to work for Virgin but might have to explore other avenues in the meantime!

I hope you get out of the talent pool soon and start GS! Waiting sucks :)
Can you private message me and I'll give you an idea

Caragrace
17th Aug 2017, 02:31
Woo!! Officially onto water competency test stage! Email this morning!

jlh1040
17th Aug 2017, 09:59
Can you private message me and I'll give you an idea

Sure can :)

showgirl
19th Aug 2017, 11:50
Does anyone know if you can get an invite to, say, Melbourne ground school if you're Sydney talent pool? Like if Melbourne is running earlier?

Brittany1989
20th Aug 2017, 06:00
Does anyone know if you can get an invite to, say, Melbourne ground school if you're Sydney talent pool? Like if Melbourne is running earlier?

I think you can only do the ground school for your base unless you move there

Mywish
21st Aug 2017, 01:32
Any updates for Akld base ground school? Have been in talent pool since June.Good luck and Congrats to those progressing to talent pool or other GS bases!!😊😊

Mywish
21st Aug 2017, 06:03
I got the call today informing GS Akld base starts from 30th Oct!! I got sent the forms to do the medicals.Can anyone please tell me how strict is Virgin Australia with BMI? Am happy but anxious as i am a bit over my ideal BMI for my height.😣😣

louu
21st Aug 2017, 12:26
Woo!! Officially onto water competency test stage! Email this morning!

Yay Caragrace so happy for you! I wonder when the next melb GS will be!

Brittany1989
22nd Aug 2017, 05:02
Hi there
I email recruitment team a few days ago asking when there would be a likely ground school and was told as soon as one is available they will be in touch.Seems all GS is full at the moment.Its so hard waiting but at least its positive news that we are getting a call as soon as GS is availabe.😊😊😊

Hey Mywish!
I have been thinking about doing this Aswell as I'm based in Perth, who did you send the email too? Feels like the longest wait 😩

Mywish
23rd Aug 2017, 03:30
Hey Mywish!
I have been thinking about doing this Aswell as I'm based in Perth, who did you send the email too? Feels like the longest wait 😩
Hi Brittany
I just used the email which team recruitment uses to contact us re our different stages of progress.Im so happy the waite is over for me as i honestly was finding the waite excruciating.Hang in there and do email them.hope you get some positiv news.

Brittany1989
23rd Aug 2017, 06:23
Hi Brittany
I just used the email which team recruitment uses to contact us re our different stages of progress.Im so happy the waite is over for me as i honestly was finding the waite excruciating.Hang in there and do email them.hope you get some positiv news.

Thanks! I will do that I'm so impatient I just want to start!

mindy4631
24th Aug 2017, 00:18
louu, caragrace and Erissah congratulations on your progress! so exciting. I couldn't attend the 19th or 20th July AD as I wasn't in Melb yet but I have been emailed twice since then from Virgin saying they don't have any other AD coming up but I will be invited to the next one. Do you all have any tips/advice for how the AD went for you all and what it was like?

louu
24th Aug 2017, 03:11
louu, caragrace and Erissah congratulations on your progress! so exciting. I couldn't attend the 19th or 20th July AD as I wasn't in Melb yet but I have been emailed twice since then from Virgin saying they don't have any other AD coming up but I will be invited to the next one. Do you all have any tips/advice for how the AD went for you all and what it was like?

Yay that's still something to look forward to! It's a fairly relaxed day and it helps to chat to everyone to make yourself feel comfortable. Have some good answers ready for the one one one interview at the end and smile!

showgirl
24th Aug 2017, 22:02

Hey mindy4631, I agree about it being relaxed. I came prepared with some very honest answers about simple things like an example of times in my career that I have had to problem solve etc but other than that I felt pretty unprepared compared to others - there were some girls there from other airlines, some who had worked for virgin before, and some who hadn't worked in the industry but seemed to have an answer for everything. There were a lot of girls that really pushed for their opinion to be heard and to have a strong answer for everything. I am from a totally different career background and have never done a job interview of this kind in my life. About half way through the day I felt unprepared and out of my league. I felt like I did the best I could, but didn't think it was enough. BUT --- I made it through all the subsequent phases, waiting on ground school now. I truly truly think they know the right things to look for in terms of personality and the WAY you respond to questions rather than the actual response. I think they are fine for you to be a blank canvas for them to mould. Anyone can google Richard Branson and rattle off facts. (Though I didn't think to do that lol) So ,y ultimate advice would be to just breathe, be a happy, positive and cohesive version of yourself, and probably whatever flows will be ok if you're right for the job (my interview answers were a rambling mess)

Caragrace
27th Aug 2017, 01:47
Yay Caragrace so happy for you! I wonder when the next melb GS will be!

Hopefully we will all be on the same one! Will be good to have a few friendly faces around when moving cities!

Mywish
29th Aug 2017, 09:15
Hi All.I just emailed my medical assessment form.Feeling anxious again! Have come so far and though i dont have any major health issues im still thinking about the blood pressure medication i have been taking since 2004.
Im not in my 20s or 30s so hopefully recruitment will take that into consideration.Good luck to all thats waiting and keep trying.I have waited a VERY long time for this dream but am almost there.Fingers and toes crossed i pass this medical.

Brittany1989
31st Aug 2017, 11:21
Hi All.I just emailed my medical assessment form.Feeling anxious again! Have come so far and though i dont have any major health issues im still thinking about the blood pressure medication i have been taking since 2004.
Im not in my 20s or 30s so hopefully recruitment will take that into consideration.Good luck to all thats waiting and keep trying.I have waited a VERY long time for this dream but am almost there.Fingers and toes crossed i pass this medical.

I'm sure they will take everything into consideration, you have got this far only a little bit to go now! Good luck anyway 🤞🏼 Can't wait to hear all about ground school 😊

Erissah
3rd Sep 2017, 13:14
Hey guys so I am in the Reference Check stage and they have contacted 1 of my references but the 2nd reference they have had quite a bit of problems contacting her, do you guys think that the struggle of contacting my references will have a negative impact on getting an offer? super worried because I would hate to not progess further because of one of my references.

Mywish
4th Sep 2017, 03:27
Hey guys so I am in the Reference Check stage and they have contacted 1 of my references but the 2nd reference they have had quite a bit of problems contacting her, do you guys think that the struggle of contacting my references will have a negative impact on getting an offer? super worried because I would hate to not progess further because of one of my references.
Hi there
I had a blunder with one of my referees.The email address was wrong and Virgin couldnt get the emails through.I contacted the referee and explained that recruitment is trying to get hold of them.Found out email was wrong! However what you can do is get another referee since recruitment cant get hold of the existing one.Dont delay.Wish you all the best.😊😊

Mywish
4th Sep 2017, 03:30
I'm sure they will take everything into consideration, you have got this far only a little bit to go now! Good luck anyway 🤞🏼 Can't wait to hear all about ground school 😊
The recruitment have been so nice about medicals.I just have to get a letter from GP re my Blood Pressure.Very understanding and supportive.I was in panic mode thinking i had failed.Currently sitting at the GP as im typing this.lol

HDSD
5th Sep 2017, 07:20
Has anybody heard when Virgin might hold another ground school in Sydney?

Caragrace
5th Sep 2017, 09:22
Hey girl! I just had the same problem with one of my references being hard to get a reply, but she had actually filled out the form both times and they still couldn't see it for some reason. I emailed them today letting them know that she had 100% filled this form out, and the replied back super apologetic and said the would contact her directly to get this sorted for me! So I think that you will be more than fine! Either get on your references case or find a new one! But honestly they are very understanding- this kind of thing would happen all the time

Erissah
7th Sep 2017, 02:57
Hey girl! I just had the same problem with one of my references being hard to get a reply, but she had actually filled out the form both times and they still couldn't see it for some reason. I emailed them today letting them know that she had 100% filled this form out, and the replied back super apologetic and said the would contact her directly to get this sorted for me! So I think that you will be more than fine! Either get on your references case or find a new one! But honestly they are very understanding- this kind of thing would happen all the time

thanks for the advice everyone I think if she cant contact her again I will get a new reference :)

LozC
7th Sep 2017, 07:09
Hi all,

I am in the talent pool for Adelaide base. I believe there are about 30 of us currently waiting for a training school start date. I've been in the talent pool since November, is there anyone else in the talent pool for Adelaide on here and have you heard any news?

hi Samasama I'm in a similar boat to you. Been in talent pool for Adelaide since October 2016. I heard they took more people on this year - are you in or still waiting? I did get a call in July asking me if I was interested in Sydney, which I'm not, so they told me they'd keep me in the ADL talent pool.

showgirl
7th Sep 2017, 20:22
Has anybody heard when Virgin might hold another ground school in Sydney?

I called them and they said their next meeting to discuss upcoming ground schools will be in October

HDSD
8th Sep 2017, 00:10
I called them and they said their next meeting to discuss upcoming ground schools will be in October

Ohh let's hope they schedule a ground school then! Fingers crossed before the end of the year! :D

louu
14th Sep 2017, 23:35
I got an email confirming that I'm in the talent pool for Melb base but that there are no more training schools scheduled at this stage. Hoping for some time in early 2018! :)

HDSD
15th Sep 2017, 00:41
I got an email confirming that I'm in the talent pool for Melb base but that there are no more training schools scheduled at this stage. Hoping for some time in early 2018! :)

Hey Louu did they say early 2018 of you just hoping? Good luck!

louu
15th Sep 2017, 05:16
Hey Louu did they say early 2018 of you just hoping? Good luck!

"this point in time we are unable to provide further indication of any potential schools in 2018, however will keep you updated as it gets closer to the new year."

Fingers crossed it's soon.

HDSD
15th Sep 2017, 06:39
"this point in time we are unable to provide further indication of any potential schools in 2018, however will keep you updated as it gets closer to the new year."

Fingers crossed it's soon.

Interesting! Fingers crossed!
Apparently some of the Sydney based applicants got the same email but it didn't mention 2018. I wonder if that's good news or bad?

louu
16th Sep 2017, 02:15
Apparently some of the Sydney based applicants got the same email but it didn't mention 2018. I wonder if that's good news or bad?

Yeah it's a little bit vague but at the AD I remember them hinting that the next school would be early next year. It's the waiting game now I guess :(

showgirl
19th Sep 2017, 23:50

Yeah I did too. I think we're all in the same boat

showgirl
6th Oct 2017, 00:42
Has anyone had any news ??

Peta2404
6th Oct 2017, 14:48
Awesome! Thanks, so glad I found this thread. I'm also pretty confused about what I have actually applied for, lol. The original link I followed was for Sydney base, FY17 and international/domestic. So being clueless originally I thought that might mean they train you for both and you get a mix. Now I've heard that you're actually trained for a specific aircraft though so you would be domestic OR international? Anyone have any ideas?

I’ve been flying for just over 6 month. And am endorsed on the 737 only. You get trained/endorsed on a particular aircraft. Domestic (VAA) are the 737 they can also short haul international flights eg DPS, POM etc (after 6 month probation). 777 (VAI) do the LA flights, Airbus do Hong Kong. So It all depends on your base too. ie.Hong Kong is only from Melbourne at the moment. There is also VANZ for the New Zealand crew. All depends what part of Virgin you are being employed by.
When I applied I assumed I’d be doing all ports but unfortunately not, unless you get called out as relief crew. I’ve done 3 NZ flights.

Good luck everyone. Don’t give up. This job is amazing. I absolutely love it. Hope to see you in the skies soon. 👩🏼*✈️✈️

showgirl
7th Oct 2017, 07:31
I’ve been flying for just over 6 month. And am endorsed on the 737 only. You get trained/endorsed on a particular aircraft. Domestic (VAA) are the 737 they can also short haul international flights eg DPS, POM etc (after 6 month probation). 777 (VAI) do the LA flights, Airbus do Hong Kong. So It all depends on your base too. ie.Hong Kong is only from Melbourne at the moment. There is also VANZ for the New Zealand crew. All depends what part of Virgin you are being employed by.
When I applied I assumed I’d be doing all ports but unfortunately not, unless you get called out as relief crew. I’ve done 3 NZ flights.

Good luck everyone. Don’t give up. This job is amazing. I absolutely love it. Hope to see you in the skies soon. 👩🏼*✈️✈️

Thank you so much for that, so helpful! Do you know if you can elect which you are endorsed in?

Brittany1989
9th Oct 2017, 12:57
Does anyone know when you get a uniform, after you start round school or before? ☺️

Peta2404
10th Oct 2017, 12:36
Thank you so much for that, so helpful! Do you know if you can elect which you are endorsed in?

Endorsements are determined by the company and their needs. Unfortunately you can’t pick. The majority of flying is done on the 737-800 unless you’re international (LA or Hong Kong) then it’s either the 777 or airbus. Some bases have embraer and atr.

Peta2404
10th Oct 2017, 12:40
Does anyone know when you get a uniform, after you start round school or before? ☺️

You get fitted as part of the recruitment process. Uniforms are collected prior to the last week of ground school. And then you wear them for service week. 💄💃🏼

Brittany1989
11th Oct 2017, 12:33
You get fitted as part of the recruitment process. Uniforms are collected prior to the last week of ground school. And then you wear them for service week. 💄💃🏼

How exciting 👩🏻*✈️

Mywish
11th Oct 2017, 20:26
Got the GOLDEN CALL!! Contracts signed and handed in.Just waiting to start 30th Oct Akld Base.
Anybody else here for Alkd base starting on the 30th?
Everyone else...do not lose hope.Be patient and untill you get the Golden Call do not resign from your current job.It is a long process.I applied Dec 2016!!

Brittany1989
16th Oct 2017, 05:50
Got the GOLDEN CALL!! Contracts signed and handed in.Just waiting to start 30th Oct Akld Base.
Everyone else...do not lose hope.Be patient and untill you get the Golden Call do not resign from your current job.It is a long process.I applied Dec 2016!!

How exciting!!! Let us know how you go, can’t wait to hear about it ☺️☺️

HDSD
16th Oct 2017, 20:21
Has anyone got any news for Sydney candidates? When do you think we might hear? I'm tempted to call them

showgirl
16th Oct 2017, 22:59
Has anyone got any news for Sydney candidates? When do you think we might hear? I'm tempted to call them

I'm waiting for Sydney too. When I called before in early august they said the meeting to discuss new ground schools would be in October. They were really nice about it but I'm too scared to call back in case they think I am annoying haha. I really would like to know though as I have to relocate and that takes time. I have a feeling it might not be until next year.

HDSD
17th Oct 2017, 00:03
Fingers crossed we hear soon!!!!!

HGnz
18th Oct 2017, 01:10
Hey my wish! Congrats on your place in the ground school!! When did you get your call? I'm feeling really disappointed because the Virgin team called me at the end of August to offer me a position for the akl ground school but I couldn't take the call because I was at work. I called back an hour after they left their voicemail and when I got through they said I was too late and they gave the prospective spot (pending medical) to someone else. I'm so so sad about it all. They said they'll keep me in the talent pool for the next ground school.. but who knows when that will be. So disheartened

VaCrew33
2nd Nov 2017, 04:05
Hi

How is everyone progressing. It seems like I have been on reference checks for a while but I know my references have completed them. I'm based in Perth. Is anybody else still waiting?

Kiki27
5th Nov 2017, 06:16
Anyone going to the AD this coming tuesday 7th nov here in Auckland at 8.30am?

BNEguy
6th Nov 2017, 03:30
Hey guys!

Anyone on here that attended the Sydney VA interview on the 24th of October arvo session? It’s nearly been two weeks since I attended but I haven’t heard anything since then? Please let me know if you have any sorts need, thank you! (:

nw787
6th Nov 2017, 10:31
Hey guys!

Anyone on here that attended the Sydney VA interview on the 24th of October arvo session? It’s nearly been two weeks since I attended but I haven’t heard anything since then? Please let me know if you have any sorts need, thank you! (:

Hi BNEguy,

My GF was at the morning session in Syd and was advised today that she was unsuccessful.

How did you go?

BNEguy
8th Nov 2017, 09:23
Heyya!
Oh I’m so sad to hear! I’m up to the reference check so hopefully this will hurry up and move along quickly

Best of luck to your gf for the future!

My GF was at the morning session in Syd and was advised today that she was unsuccessful.

How did you go?

Astro_fairy
9th Nov 2017, 23:49
Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing great. I applied for VA PER base Domestic Crew back in late Aug this year, got through the video stage and awaiting AD invitation. Today, VA team sent an email to give an update that they have not scheduled the AD for Domestic crew. I have seen an advertisement on seek.com for PER base Regional crew since Sep if I'm not wrong.

kiwiflyguy
13th Nov 2017, 01:56
Hi everyone, has anyone had any updates from the assessment days held in AKL on the 6th and 7th of November?

Brittany1989
13th Nov 2017, 05:10
I am currently in the talent pool for Perth domestic, they did say that they only schedule everything them around the needs of their business..... or maybe they don’t have enough applicants, I have seen that it is still advertised aswell. Hope you get an invite soon!

Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing great. I applied for VA PER base Domestic Crew back in late Aug this year, got through the video stage and awaiting AD invitation. Today, VA team sent an email to give an update that they have not scheduled the AD for Domestic crew. I have seen an advertisement on seek.com for PER base Regional crew since Sep if I'm not wrong.

VaCrew33
15th Nov 2017, 02:56
[QUOTE=Brittany1989;9955410]I am currently in the talent pool for Perth domestic, they did say that they only schedule everything them around the needs of their business..... or maybe they don’t have enough applicants, I have seen that it is still advertised aswell. Hope you get an invite soon!

Hi Brittany1989

How long have you been in the talent pool? Just want to get a rough idea of wait times. I've been added to the talent pool today. Do they usually take whoever has been waiting the longest?

Kiki27
15th Nov 2017, 06:51
still waiting to hear from them ... zzz

Brittany1989
16th Nov 2017, 02:34
Hi Brittany1989

How long have you been in the talent pool? Just want to get a rough idea of wait times. I've been added to the talent pool today. Do they usually take whoever has been waiting the longest?[/QUOTE]

I applied online in June then went though everything an was added to the talent pool end of July..... feels like the longest wait, I have no idea how they select people for ground school and I don’t know how many people are on the talent pool either, I got and email yesterday saying they have not scheduled any schools yet for 2018 either 😒

Flighty1234
20th Nov 2017, 21:10
Has anyone heard from AKL assessment days yet? It’s been 2 weeks