PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

himmelmat28
8th Dec 2010, 01:22
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

little dazzling
8th Dec 2010, 02:27
Guys, thanks so much for all the info and this is really a good site for cc wannabes, I learned alot!

I just check my status this morning and it finally change from APPLIED to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS!!! I am so happy and excited this moment althought it may sounds too early for some of you, but this is the only update I get after 16 days from my FI! So I am expecting more to come now, do I have higher chances to get GC from the status given? I know I may ask silly question but really hope to get some clues over here..

Thanks in advance!

andreea23
8th Dec 2010, 07:29
hy everybody.

i had my final interview on 7th oct and my status has changed only a few days ago into: APPROVAL IN PROGRESS.

I_Love_EK
8th Dec 2010, 10:12
Hey Youyito,

Yes during the global financial crisis, Emirates put a hold on their recruitment. Some people already received the GC and completed the medicals, and Emirates reimbursed some of them (not all) for the cost of the medicals. They got an email saying due to the GFC they could not continue with the application. Then when they started hiring again, EK sent emails to the people who already got the GC asking if they're still interested in the job, and if so, to attend another interview. The interview was more casual, just asking what they had been doing since the recession hit and how they felt when their application was put on hold. Most people who returned for the second interview eventually got the job, but believe it or not, some got rejected!!! Can you imagine - they got the job the first time, but rejected the next. Now that would be heartbreaking, I could not imagine anything worse. Only reason I know is because I have relatives who already work for EK who told me about this.

Anyway I hope I have not worried you! Just thought I would share this because it's quite interesting. And to the people receiving on hold emails, I'm pretty sure you guys are in. The training is probably just full so they need to put you on hold till there's more space. Like someone said, if you're rejected, they would just send you the "no thanks" email.

Good luck guys, keep the faith!

ally23x
8th Dec 2010, 10:25
Can anyone share what the medicals upon arriving in Dubai consist of? Meaning do they do all the test we already made or some others? Or what else?

Thank you in advance!

himmelmat28
8th Dec 2010, 10:43
just had my medicals approved and obtained my final approval.....path to DUBAI becomes shorter...:-):p

steph_02
8th Dec 2010, 11:19
Hi,

Does anyone here have an idea if EK is hiring in dubai? Im planning to go there on jan. just to apply. But i dont have idea if they have like an Open day there. If i'm qualified, will they interview me right away? Any idea guys? Thanks in advance.

Mari
8th Dec 2010, 12:07
Yes. See the homepage for details, requirements, read back for info on the cv drop-off and AD in Dubai. Good luck!

Samantha in Sydney
8th Dec 2010, 20:31
Hello!

Were you able to upload your resignation letter BEFORE your medicals were approved? Do I have to just wait for my medicals to be approved before I can do anything? Is the final approval in an email and does it ask you to resign?

Thanks!

Sam:)

himmelmat28
8th Dec 2010, 21:22
[Text speak]

toal206
8th Dec 2010, 21:25
I_LOVE_EK thanks for the heads up... do you think thats why we got the on hold emails? the fact that training is pretty booked up? I wonder will they hold us or just forget about us? Iv read here that its a 7:3 ratio girls v boys in ek and that boys find it harder to get in... wellm thts wat my recruiter said on the OD....

gutted! now the waiting gam begins again! haha!

anyone else in the same situation other than those mentioned???

Good luck all!!

J :)

little dazzling
9th Dec 2010, 02:08
Hey guys, I just login to check on status and I read this!!!

You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest

If you have not registered with us before, Click here to register (https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/Careersonlineapps/Common/ProfilePage.aspx)for the first time.
Note: The benefits of registering are the following.
1. You will be able to have your own profile page.
2. You will be able to track your status.
3. You will be able to view / track letters sent by us to your account.

If you have registered with us before, please complete both fields below.....bla bla bla

Does this mean I make it???!! Unbelievable the status change from Applied to Approval in Progress yesterday and today THIS!!!!

But weird is that I could not login, it keep pop back to this same page after key in username and password. maybe I should try again later and see how is it?

At the mean time, shall I prepare anything?? Any advise??

My heart still bumping very fast since I read this, so nervous yet so shock:eek:

I_Love_EK
9th Dec 2010, 09:15
No problem :) I think this is different to the recruitment freeze during the recession. I'm pretty sure training is just very busy, so they need to prioritize who joins first based on language/gender requirements. Your turn will come and it shouldn't be too long. My cousin who works for EK told me she has met a few abinitios recently who got this email not long ago, and just recently started training.

Good things come to those who wait :) You will see

want_to_fly
9th Dec 2010, 12:08
Little dazzling!

Congratulations buddy! Yes, from the looks of it you have the job! That's the exact email that my friend got so congratulations! You're Dubai bound in no time! I'd give you a high five haha. I justgot excited because thatstye email I want! Will be going to to the od in Jan 15th and praying hard I'll make it this time ;D

wishing you all the best and God bless!

SHEILACC
9th Dec 2010, 12:33
hey all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their GCs and for those who are waiting don't lose hope.

My AD is one day away en am trying not to be nervous. so basically after reading the forum from 2008 I have learnt that smiling is ESSENTIAL, keeping eye contact with the recruiters, not being a leader, not too quiet, not interuppting others during group discussions, not disagreeing with other peoples contributions, confidence, friendly, audible, supporting your answers with examples, being organized, Smart, minding ones body language.

Is their anything else I may have left out or didn't get right? Your responses will highly be appreciated...:)

little dazzling
9th Dec 2010, 12:35
want to fly, thanks so much I hope it will be true :) Don't you worry, you have our best wishes to get it, too! Finger crossed!

One thing I am concern is about the eye test, I have severe short sightedness/myopia(-10.00 each eye, sounds terrible right?) and astigmatism, will these affect the medical? I wearing spec and contact lenses alternatively.
Anyone having similar situation?

ally23x
9th Dec 2010, 14:53
Here is a list with all the qualities necessary to be an Emirates Cabin Crew that I found while researching for the Flight Attendant position and for Emirates Airline. I hope this will help!

-believe in yourself
-customer focused (high level of customer service)
-presentable
-reliable
-capable of providing a high level of service
-dependable
-take pride in your appearance and look good at all times
-good communication skills (effective, efficient_
-effective listener
-sense of humour
-caring attitude
-mature outlook
-organised
-understanding nature
-motivated
-enthusiastic
-confident in your own abilities
-a friendly nature
-resilient
-patient
-commited to working within the company
-positive attitude
-capable with dealing with different situations under presure
-work effectively in team environment
-demonstrate that you have researched the airline
-handle complaints effectively
-team-work, team-player, team-environment
-ability to follow instructions
-loyal
-helping others
-considerate
-valuable contributions
-supportive
need to ensure everyone is safe and explain why it is necessary to remain calm
-capable to give unpopular news or constructive feedback in an effective manner
-have initiative

Hope it helps...

Good luck with your AD tomorrow!

PassionFruit
9th Dec 2010, 16:40
hi there, I'm filling the personal details in the online joiners. and it has a "required field" that is religion, but they don't have the option of Agnostic. they have options like muslim christian taoist and "not willing to declare". I can't find an answer on the FAQ. does anyone knows something about it??
thanks*

Mari
9th Dec 2010, 16:52
Please!!! Just tick something and move on! (it's for statistics and finding approriate roommate)

Flyingpig07
9th Dec 2010, 17:34
In the UAE they take the religion question quite seriously. We been told on our AD but also on the Etihad one to make sure we write a religion on our forms (christian, buddhist etc. something), if you put agnostic, atheist, or nothing that raises questions.. Could cause problems when they try to obtain the visa for you etc.
Just in case put there something, your family`s religion or whatever.

toal206
9th Dec 2010, 21:08
[Text speak]

benjamine
10th Dec 2010, 00:23
hi there!
I have one question.I've received today the mail for the medicals and the contract.But it is mentionned that it's a single status contract.Or I'm married and i told it to the recruiter during the FI,and I mentionned it also when I applied in the website.
So is there a different contract for married person? If yes,what can I do?

thanks

Mari
10th Dec 2010, 02:29
Interesting. I put "no religion" 5 years ago. i was never asked anything about my religion.

ThatRedHatGirl
10th Dec 2010, 03:07
I remember seeing that form of a friend about that long ago too Mari, it let you put 'none'; the one I filled out at my FI didn't have that option. I asked the recruiter & she told me to put 'something, what religion are your parents' so even though I personally don't have religion, I had to put Christian because there is not any more an option to put 'none', or atheist or whatever.

Hehe, it reminds me of a story in the news a few years ago in Australia, for the census, they had a space for religions not included on the form. People even put 'Jedi'!!! The next form, it only had tick boxes and one for "Other", but no space to write what it was... :p

Alexxandra
10th Dec 2010, 13:00
Hey, Anna! I'm in the same situation! I've uploaded both the security doc and the medicals and there is no change.
So, all we have to do is to wait, and wait, and wait....

pkellina
10th Dec 2010, 17:29
ok i applied to EK in nov and i stillhvnt heard anythg from them except for this mail (Having received your application we will review your details against the requirements for a Cabin Crew position. If you are short-listed we will contact you to arrange an interview when we next schedule a recruitment trip to your country).. does this mean more waiiting:sad:

Sapphireblu
10th Dec 2010, 19:37
Shielacc, How did your AD go?

Mine is tomorrow - NERVES! :}:uhoh:

I'm curious about one thing and I doubt anyone really knows the answer, but if you do please enlighten me. I just wonder why they have OD's in certain places or at certain times and AD's in others. What's the deciding factor:confused:

ally23x
10th Dec 2010, 20:32
My guess is that in places where too much people show up at an OD they need to make a prior selection and so they have only ad

for example in romania, before april this year they had only od's but after in april showed up about 600 people they decided to collaborate with a recruiting agency for the shortlisting and they now have ad's

kassom
11th Dec 2010, 10:13
[Text speak]

Sapphireblu
11th Dec 2010, 12:05
Congrats and good luck, Iddubai1!

I had an AD today, but didn't make it through. I had so much fun though, met great people and I'll definitely try again.

LINDA N
11th Dec 2010, 13:11
[Text speak]

little dazzling
11th Dec 2010, 14:27
I receive GC! my DOJ will be 7th March! Now just have to wait for the email so that I can go for medical check-up, kinda worried especially the eye test, really hope it will not be affected by my severe myopia and eye dryness:confused:

Scu403
12th Dec 2010, 03:45
Hi, I'd like to say hi to everyone I met today (actually yesterday already) in Dusseldorf, Germany. It would be great if some of you read this, and also to have new about the successful ones. It was a nice day, I was so surprised when I passed the first selections, the feeling of being almost there was so unique and amazing!! And I think I'm going to try again.

iddubai11
12th Dec 2010, 04:51
Thanks Sapphire Blu.

I attended the AD today, turns out there was 90 of us yesterday and we started with 25 this morning. After the first round 9 people were unsuccessful and asked to leave. This left 16 of us. After the second round, myself and another girl were told we were unsuccessful.
I think this is mainly because I did not finish year 12. It states High School or equivalent on the requirements however I went straight in to the work force after completing year 11.

I'm not as upset as I thought I would be, the whole experience was a huge learning curve and now I am determined to complete my HSC through TAFE and apply for other airlines or wait 6 months and apply again.

Would love to hear from any of the girls who came today!

kassom
12th Dec 2010, 08:28
Good Morning ,

Any Guys here waiting their GC or recently received it ?
i know a lot of male friends whom have been waiting for a long timedidn't receive any calls yet .
I had my FI october 3rd and my status changed to "you will be contacted" since october 21st ,it's almost 10 weeks and I'm very confused , will appreciate any help , thanks

perkin1
12th Dec 2010, 08:50
I had my FI about a week after yours.. and they sent me an email several days ago saying my application was on hold for upto 3 months...

(status was and still is 'APPROVAL IN PROGRESS')

I think something to do with not having any spots left for guys in any of the current planned training schools (until at least early march)

Did you get the same email?

Otherwise maybe they do have a spot for you now.. you should give the HR a call and talk to your recruitment coordinator.

kassom
12th Dec 2010, 09:02
[TEXT SPEAK]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

spinsterka
12th Dec 2010, 12:37
Hi guys,
I had my FI like 7 weeks ago, just before the deadline (after 6 weeks) a lady called me that she needs me to send my picture once again, because my jacket didnt match with the colour of my skirt- no one told us during the interview that this could be a Problem (it has been like two weeks by now and I still do not have any result from them)...I applied for Etihad as well, I got a call four days ago that my day of joining is 16th January (they did not care that my skirt was different colour)...I guess Im done with waiting for the call from Emirates :( I will better take the offer that has come already cause this is a very uncertain game... anyway, Good Luck to all of you!!!

kenyan85
12th Dec 2010, 13:09
So guys, the Nairobi AD took place this weekend. I had lots of fun, the venue was amazing (Thank You The Tribe, Nairobi!) and the girls, gorgeous. I didn't get the invite but took two friends who had invites and two others who didn't have invites. We arrived at the venue at a quarter to 8 in the morning, and proceeded to be ushered in through to this amazing conference room in the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen in my twenty-five years on earth hehe! Check out Tribe Hotel, luxury hotel in Nairobi, Kenya: Home (http://www.tribe-hotel.com). Now, back to the day's account. The recruiters got in at around 9.15 a.m, and proceeded to say hi before putting on a video on Life as Cabin Crew in Emirates and Dubai as a whole. After the video, we were encouraged to ask lots of questions and one of the recruiters gave us some insight on life in Dubai and her own experiences. She was frank, funny and exhaustive in her question answering session. We were then asked to line up and give her our invites , after which we were asked to step aside, and the room divided into two, using chairs placed in a circular formation. She then asked number 1 to 40 to get into the room, and 41 to 98 to wait for an hour while the previous numbers did the first group discussion. Me and two of my friends didn't have invites so she took our CV's and thanked us for coming. We however decided to stick around for a large part of the day. Flash forward to two hours later, one of the ladies that was in my posse made it to the second stage, which is the English test, while the other got eliminated in the first round. I had a strong feeling that the one who had made it to the second stage was going to make it all the way. The rest of us in my posse spent the remainder of the day drinking yogurt, taking photos and encouraging the other girls who were still in the running towards becoming Emirates Cabin Crew. You can imagine my relief when at 5.30pm, after the rest of us had left, when I got a call from the remaining girl telling us that she had made it past the last group discussion! I was beyond happy! Despite my throbbing headache and slight nausea hehe! So all in all, we were 98 in the morning, and only 13 made it to the finals. The remaining lady has her Final Interview slated for Wednesday, so guys send your collective prayers and good energies to her! I believe she has a chance at this, and is so close to her dream. I will post pics of our day sometime this evening for all you folks. Finally, I wanna say that it is not impossible to become an EK cabin crew. You just have to believe in yourself, get support from friends, and do your best. Good Luck to All!

toal206
12th Dec 2010, 17:25
Hi Perkin1

To the day, 7 weeks after my FI I got the same email and put it down to the spaces avail in training (from what i read here). I mean, if they diddnt want us we would have got an unsuccessful email. only thing is, all those who did get the on hold email will be competing against eachother. I wonder how far the plan their training college... How did you find out about the limited spaces in training? my status still shows approval in progress too. I hope we get through to training college and we will maybe start at the same time! how cool would that be if we both got the GC!!:D

I hope this works for all of us! :)

take care

purelife
12th Dec 2010, 22:10
LITTLE DAZZLING:

hey! DONT WORRY about your severe myopia... I have it and I got through :) as long as you can see almost perfect with contacts you will be fine.. about the eye dryness, hmm... i dont have that problem, just dont put that in your medical and here just use a lot of eye drops.

gallery
13th Dec 2010, 10:03
it seem emirates is slowing down with the recruitment.

Mari
13th Dec 2010, 10:53
It's normal, no surprise there. As no more new aircrafts are coming until July. However, lots of people resign after New Year's and the bonus in April. They always need new people.

toal206
13th Dec 2010, 16:16
Hey youyito, whats the new 12 week rule????:\

have a look on page 27 and you will see that they have put a hold on training for the time being.... 3months or so, hopefully we will be there soon!! :)

rightlet
13th Dec 2010, 16:22
Hello all,
I registered for EK's AD in HK on 12/19, instead of attending the 12/4 OD because I don't live in HK and I need to save time and money for the real chance. And my question is, I have not been informed till now and my statues of the website is still showing"applied". There's only 5 days to the AD, should I wait with hope and be prepared? Anyone has experience about the schedule of getting the invitation letter ahead of the AD please share with me. Thanks very much!!

toal206
13th Dec 2010, 18:44
[TEXT SPEAK]

NAVELO
13th Dec 2010, 20:16
I know of at least one guy, that after receiving the 3 month hold email, got his GC just over a month after that. But as we all know it is different for everyone applying for EK. As long as you don't get the rejection email, all other news is good news if you ask me.

Chiare
13th Dec 2010, 20:53
Hey KikeBonet!

I'm joining on the 27th of Dec 2010! I'm from Italy tho..:)
can we exchange emails in private?

Getting slightly nervous about the packing part. Can anyone give a suggestion on what's a "must" to take with you, beside what's on the list (such as black trousers, etc)?

Anyone else joining on the 27th?

Fingers crossed to the ones still waiting for an answer :ok:

purelife
13th Dec 2010, 21:19
chiarie:

hey, i dont know if your boy or girl... but if your girl, bring your party clothes (yeah dresses and all that stuff!) it's perfectly fine to wear it in dubai.. also, just one set of buisness attire is fine, because after that you will have training tshirts.

Of course don't forget to pack summer AND winter clothes, because you will get cold destinations once you start flying.

Bring pictures of your friends and family so you can put them in your room.

Don't forget your bathing suits ;)

good luck

cathann1988
13th Dec 2010, 23:52
Hi Chaire,

I also start December 27.I'm 23, from Canada. I sent you a private message with my full name. You'll have to add me to fbook.

Talk to you soon!

kie2010
14th Dec 2010, 00:10
Hey guys thanks for all the info you have posted found loads of really useful stuff! But can't seem to find much about photographs. I am in the process of applying to Emirates for the first time and I'm stuck on the photos section. I'm not one for getting photos took unless I'm on a night out and I'm not even sure if I have any photos of me by myself! Was just wondering if anyone knows what exactly is acceptable? Does it have to be full business attire for the application form or can it be a casual, semi decent one just so they can see what you look like, (obviously not out partying and drinking lol.) Also should it be a more natural photo rather than one were your 'posing'?
Any info would be greatly appreciated! Bit nervous for applying as it seems they are very specific about a lot of things but very excited as it sounds like an amazing job and a brilliant opportunity! Good luck to everyone else applying! :)

SHEILACC
14th Dec 2010, 04:54
Hey all,

Had my AD in Nairobi, Kenya on 11/12/2010 but I didn't make it through. my experience was different from what I had read in the forum. for example during the group discussions, the recruiters were not even present and people talked over each other. They later came in and said time is up and present what we had come up with so was a bit confused.

My thinking is the interview was during the reach test when you are asked two questions and presenting the person on ur left. so all those waiting to go for their AD or OD go with an open mind. Be ready always from the time you reach the venue.

They say we learn from our mistakes and am waiting for June to go at it again.:ok:6 months ain't a long time for a determined person right?

africangirl
14th Dec 2010, 06:00
Hi guys,
its now week five. i have had no communication from Emirates!!:confused: iam especially confused because one of the girls from our group has gotten her Golden Call and i havent!!! :eek: omg i soo nervous. :{ one more week to go , then i send them an email. The recruiters told us that if we dont hear from them in 6 weeks, that we should send them an email. :sad:

Hi SHEILACC,
what were the names of your recruiters??? do you remember???

ally23x
14th Dec 2010, 07:24
Does anyone know how does Emirates arrange the travel for joiners from Romania?

Will it be a non-stop flight on a different airline or we will have a stop? And if so...where?

Thank you!

SHEILACC
14th Dec 2010, 08:42
I think the indian was Purtha and the french Martha.

Don't worry gal. I have read from the forum people are even getting on hold mails so you should count yourself lucky if you've not gotten one so far.

Patience pays.

All the best tho!

Ella2000
14th Dec 2010, 08:43
ally23x,

as far I know there is no nonstop flight from Romamia to Dubai right now. There will be a stop somewhere (one of EK destinations) for sure. But DOH-OTP was announced as a new QR route for 2011 among the others, maybe EK will follow them in near future.

Sheilacc

"6 months ain't a long time for a determined person right?"

Six months is nothing :-), you can do it.
I have been trying for 4 years now and I still believe that one day I will join some airline. Even I am a biggest looser in the world and every time I achieve something I always fall down or worse it is taken from me immediately, I still hope and I will never settle for less than I desire and deserve. Keep trying.
It is kinda flustrating when you see unprepaired, not well groomed, arriving late, not team playing or simply not speaking people to pass and to join, but it is all about luck.
Keep trying!!!

Ella

BbBb42
14th Dec 2010, 12:39
Dear all,

Applicant from Amman here again. I posted earlier about a missed call from Dubai. I called back and left a short informational message for the recruitment office. It's been a while since I made that call and since the missed call. Still no contact or status change...

As most of you can sympathize, I'm going crazy, can't think about anything else, anxious wanting to hear something, anything (hopefully GC) from Emirates.

Just knowing that they called in the first place is reassuring. I've read about others missing their call and eventually getting another call or email.

My question to everyone here is, how much proactive contact with Emirates through either telephone messages or emails is too much? I don't want to annoy them into sending me bad news...:hmm:

For now I try to remain patient, cheering for all of us as we wait. I hope all of you boys on "hold" hear good news soon! Good luck everybody!

alexandra1983
14th Dec 2010, 13:04
Hello, do you happen to know if Emirates relocates you with husband, if you are married?

Abusing_the_sky
14th Dec 2010, 15:03
Alexandra,

I'm not sure what do you mean by relocation with your husband. My guess is that your question is are Emirates willing to pay for your husband's move with you?
I don't work for Emirates so i do apologize if i got it wrong, but i doubt they will subsidize for the said move. You might want to look into your staff travel perks/rights. This is taken from Emirate's careers website:
Emirates cabin crew enjoy high standard apartments, full medical care and state-of-the-art facilities in training and at work. I think that is just for employees, not their relatives/husbands.

Failing that you could always contact them directly, you never know, maybe they do help out with relocation :ok:

Mari
14th Dec 2010, 17:48
BbBb42,

Wait. They will call you back. Your training won't be next week, you have plenty of time.

Alex,

the ppruner above is right. No help of course. (Or are you going to apply for a manager position?!)

No residence visa provided for the husband by Emirates. You can move out from company accomodation if married. Allowance is 45,000 dhs per year. (No company transport any more.) Maternity leave for cabin crew is only available after completing the 3-year-contract. (Up to 1 child.)

ellie22
14th Dec 2010, 20:31
I had my FI on Monday and I've sent through all my documents so I now have a very nervous wait ahead of me. Could someone just clarify..will my online status change to approval in progress if I'm about to get the GC? ( If I should be so lucky!)
Hi to anyone who was at the AD in Sydney, please PM me Id love to hear from you!

Sushi lover
14th Dec 2010, 23:06
Hi,
I had my FI the 30 of October in Rosario, Argentina.
My online status changed last week to: Your recruitment coordinator will contact you at the earliest, so I'm looking forward to hearing from them soon.
Is there anybody who had the FI in October? Have you had any news?

kassom
15th Dec 2010, 07:22
[TEXT SPEAK]

perkin1
15th Dec 2010, 07:54
Hey Ellie,
You just came through the latest Sydney open day right?
I came through the batch before in Oct.

Do you know the names of the recruiters?
Were they Louise and Miro?

And how many males made it through to the FI?

If your status goes to Approval in Progress it basically means that you have been recommended by your recruiters, and your application is now sent for approval and checked by higher management. After this the joining team will find a suitable date for you to join and then call you and off you go..

(if you havent been recommended, it just stays as 'under review' and a 'sorry' email usually follows)

From what ive seen on here like 95% of those who get Approval in progress seem to get their call eventually. There have been one or two ive seen on here who have not made it through even after getting that status.. But its very rare.

In my case for example had mine as Approval in progress 8 days after my FI, then 7 weeks later i had an email saying my application was on hold for three months due to a lack of vacancies in the coming training schools. (this has happened to quite a few of the boys recently from what ive seen on here, girls seem to get in much quicker)

Best of luck!
Keep me posted... if you get in you could very well be joining around the same time as myself!

kassom
15th Dec 2010, 08:02
[TEXT SPEAK]

gallery
15th Dec 2010, 08:09
hey guys can some one please kindly send me a copy of the medical tests form.....thanks a million [email protected]

ellie22
15th Dec 2010, 09:06
Thanks for the reply Perkin1! My recruiters were Louise and Andrea, I had my FI with them as well.
I know I need to be patient but I'm hoping for just a little sign soon!
Did many people from your AD that had a FI make it through?

perkin1
15th Dec 2010, 10:47
No worries,
yeah i had louise as well, she was really cool.

How many people made it to your FI, and how many of them Males??

they took quite a few of us through.. i think something like 21 or 22 made it to the FI stage (18 girls 3 guys i think) and about 7 or 8 that i know of got the golden calls.
Those who got the 'sorry' emails got them within like 2 and a half weeks or thereabouts.

perkin1
15th Dec 2010, 22:52
As in a group on fbook?

Let me know what it is.. would be a cool way to keep in contact.

Do you know of any guys who have recieved the normal rejection emails lately.

(i.e. the same time as all the girls? - not long after their FI)

biancs88
16th Dec 2010, 03:06
Hey ellie, I was also at the sydney assessment day on the weekend and had my FI on tuesday. Hope your FI went well! I'm soo nervous having to wait now. You'll have to let me know if you get a call...hopefully I will see you in Dubai!

sourib
16th Dec 2010, 05:53
Hi guys,
I want to join the group on FB, I can be a veteran member:cool: as i am waiting for more than 15 weeks now (funy situation). No GC, no on hold email, neither rejection email.:ugh:
cross fingers for luck......

1988ukcc
16th Dec 2010, 10:37
Hi Everyone

Could someone tell me what the Emirates medical includes?
also has anyone failed at the medical stage and for what reasons?

thank you in advance xx

toal206
16th Dec 2010, 12:23
Has anyone here heard of anyone getting their GC afte getting the "on hold" email? My nerves are wrecked and would like to know if have been successful after receiving this email. If they have how long did they have to wait? Does anyone know if infact it I due to too Many males in training and if they reset their "quota" for males after the new year?
Thanks all and good luck

ally23x
16th Dec 2010, 14:53
Why does the training induction link appears to be in progress? Will we receive other documents or will we have to do anithing else regarding this?

Also, can anyone tell me if the visa will be uploaded on the portal or it will be sent to us via mail (post)?

I appologise if these questions may seem silly!

Thank you!

P.S. To all the males in here - hold on to your dream!!!

Samantha in Sydney
16th Dec 2010, 22:49
Hi,

If you read the email that you receive when your medicals are approved (subject: Advise to resign) it clearly says "A week before your date of joining, the e-ticket and a copy of your visa to enter the UAE will be uploaded onto the candidate portal and you will be notified through email and Candidate Portal".

If you log into the portal you will notice that under the "Travel Arrangements" section that all the other links are active except for the "E-ticket & Visa" link.

You should read that email again, it says at the beginning "Please read the below instructions carefully".

Sam

Dicko17
16th Dec 2010, 23:54
Hi Guys,

Just attended EK assesment and final interview the other day and i have a few questions about there medical requirements. Do you know if there is anything they strictly wont take ie epilepsy or high blood pressure? just wondering, any help would be great as i dont wanna ask them directly unless im 100% sure.

Cheers

LINDAHEIDIUK
17th Dec 2010, 00:52
@Mari
Thanks once again for your time, answering to our questions... .I would to ask you about what said Perkin1. Do you something about that???
Cheers :)

"If your status goes to Approval in Progress it basically means that you have been recommended by your recruiters, and your application is now sent for approval and checked by higher management. After this the joining team will find a suitable date for you to join and then call you and off you go.."

Mari
17th Dec 2010, 04:23
I wish he was right but I think many people received rejection e-mails with 'approval in progress'.

perkin1
17th Dec 2010, 05:16
I also wrote this:

"From what ive seen on here like 95% of those who get Approval in progress seem to get their call eventually. There have been one or two ive seen on here who have not made it through even after getting that status.. But its very rare."

If you look back several months on here you'll see what im talking about. But youll also notice that most people who do end up getting their call..

I'm guessing factors like referee checks, or other issues with your application that arise can influence your application being rejected even after it being sent for approval.

It is generally a good sign when that happens, but dont count your chickens too early... i had that and my application has been put on hold for another few months, so you never know.

But i dont work for emirates recruitment, im just guessing from what ive seen/heard.

perkin1
17th Dec 2010, 05:29
In regards to the on hold emails..
One guy who recieved the on hold email in september eventually got his golden call..
Ive copied what he posted here:

zwerko (http://www.pprune.org/members/338791-zwerko)

Sep 2010
Serbia

Finally Golden Call today http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif my date of joining is 14 feb. anyone with same date ??
This is how it was:
30.july OD
4.Aug Final Interview
15.Sep ON hold email
27.Oct Status changed to "you will be contacted....."
24.Nov Golden Call

Only question is whether the others who got it back then got a GC too...

Either way it wasn't a rejection email... if they didnt want us they would have just sent us rejection emails along with everyone else who didn't pass their FI's.

ally23x
17th Dec 2010, 06:47
Thank you Sam...I noticed the inactive link of e-ticket and visa, and the active other links. But you are right I should have read once again the email before I asked this question.

But what about the induction training in progress status? Do you know something about this?

I appreciate your time!

To perkin...one of my friends has DOJ 14 February...can you give me the FB address of the guy that posted what you last wrote? :)

Good luck!!

Samantha in Sydney
17th Dec 2010, 07:10
Hi again,

I think it's just in progress because we are supposed to be in the progress of completing the workbook. I don't know that's all I can think of haha.

I just re-read my last message and it sounds so rude! Sorry, I definitely didn't mean for it to sound like that!

Sam :)

Coco05
17th Dec 2010, 07:12
Congratulations to everyone who have received their golden call. See you all here in Dubai!

We just finished SEP week 1...so far so good!

Goodluck to everyone :)

Samantha in Sydney
17th Dec 2010, 07:18
Hi,

Great to hear all is well in Dubai and with your training. Just a quick question, when and how did you find out your accommodation details? My medicals have been approved and I've already uploaded my resignation letter.

Thanks,

Coco05
17th Dec 2010, 09:16
It is not as bad as I thought it will be. So I hope you get to enjoy it as well. When is your DOJ?

I think 5 days before my doj if I remember it right.

And I didn't have to deal with the resignation letter so I can't answer that for you.

ally23x
17th Dec 2010, 09:41
Sam

Don't worry. The truth is that when I am over enthusiastic and eager to know more I sometimes ask silly questions. Thank you for answering me anyhow. And about training induction I am curious why is it in progress, but I guess we will soon find out :)

Coco

Great to see that someone who recently arrived in Dubai continues to keep us posted. If it is not too much to ask, could you tell us how is your experience so far? How was your arrival there, when was the first day you went to Emirates Hearquarters? How is your accommodation? How are you dealing with all the company regulations? Is the training difficult? What do the medical checks consist of?

If you would take your time to answer at least a few of these questions I would definetly buy you a drink when I will arrive there :D

Wish you all the best trough trainings!!!

ally23x
17th Dec 2010, 09:53
By the way Sam, I have 2 friends that I made at my AD, that have the same DOJ as you :) I will arrive one week later :p

LINDA N
17th Dec 2010, 11:38
[Text speak]

ally23x
17th Dec 2010, 12:01
Basic salary: 3940 DHS meaning 1,086.27 AUD
Flying pay: 53.50 DHS meaning 14.75 AUD

Coco05
17th Dec 2010, 14:07
Taking a break from studying so here you go :)

My experience so far has been really great. I have no complains. Dubai is one of the fastest growing city so there is lots of constructions going on right now but other than that, the malls are big and awesome. Varieties of foods and shops.

When I arrived here, they said we are suppose to see our name in the plasma screen but as for me that did not happen. The marhaba officer said that they might have forgotten it but either way I was helped by the marhaba meet and greet office through immigration, eye scan and collection of my luggage until I got picked up by the car that will take me to my accomodation.

My accomodation is in Government building, Al Hudaiba. I love it and my flatmates are wonderful. When I arrived I was so surprise on how big the place is, for me and for the 3 of use living there.

What do you mean company regulations? They give out some rules during induction week but they are pretty much basic rules for every other company.

7 days: induction week
5 days: first SEP week 1
I am now on my second SEP week

Personally I don't think it is difficult as long as you focus and motivate yourself. I am making the most out of it and enjoying every single minute.

During induction week, we went to the Emirates clinic for the medicals. We did a urine test, vision check, other vaccines you did not have and physical exam by a doctor. For the government medicals, we got our blood taken and chest x-ray.

I'll message you the link to my blog, I've been writing my every day experience there. It is up to you if you want to read it.

And no worries, you don't have to. Wish you all the best :)

Mari
18th Dec 2010, 01:29
Government bdg is great! Good for you! There are huge singles as well for Seniors (Waiting list for 1-2 years...) Friendly flatmates, a bottle of wine, a nice, cosy living-room and you feel much better after a horrible, stressful night flight! Enjoy!!!!!!

LINDA N
18th Dec 2010, 04:05
[Text speak]

Mari
18th Dec 2010, 06:25
Yes, Linda. My monthly salary as a G2 was exactly 4 times more than the average in my country. (Plus accomodation, transportation, no utilities to pay.) I'm sorry you couldn't work out the amount on your own. Be aware that there is an IQ test and you must read, write and speak English. Are you a princess living in a castle?!

perkin1
18th Dec 2010, 07:28
Linda,
i guess if you compare it to other jobs in Australia, the Salary doesn't seem all that appealing.
But I doubt anyone here is doing it for the money, its a lifestyle choice.

Still when you factor in paid accommodation, utilities, provided transport, meals while on duty, as well as all the staff travel benefits, including a free trip home every year.. It all of a sudden seems way more attractive.

And I'm not even including the allowances they provide for layovers (especially for a380 crew this can add up a great deal)

All you're really paying for is food... everything else you earn can be spent on shopping, partying, or whatever you want... All disposable income basically.

A mate I have over there was able to save something like 80% of all his pay the last two years...

Coco05
18th Dec 2010, 07:43
Thank you dear. I am enjoying it. And yes yes, the living room is very cozy. Although most of the taxi drivers do not know where the place is. On my 3rd day I got lost. Ahaha! But now I know better. Where are you staying at?

LINDAHEIDIUK
18th Dec 2010, 09:00
:) you made me laugh, yes indeed "i wont count my chickens too early" I prefer lamb by the way.
Yes I hope that we'll make it, i made it trough the FI and my status changed to approval in progress but I've got a friend who is still waiting after 6 weeks. (she's a girl)
Whatever happened I'm happy if i make it Great !!! if not I'm going to take this opportunity to learn chinese.
Anyway thankful to you guys, answering on the forum, really helped me.
xxxxxxxxxxx:D:D:D:D

LINDA N
18th Dec 2010, 09:46
[Text speak]

LINDA N
18th Dec 2010, 11:55
[Text speak]

kenyan85
19th Dec 2010, 11:54
I have a couple of questions, and anyone can answer them.

1. I had promised in my earlier post to upload photos of the Nairobi AD that went down early this month. How do I go about doing it?

2. The lady who had gone thru to the Final Interview with my help was requested to provide the recruiters with better photos and deliver them to the hotel as soon as possible. Unfortunately, she had left Nairobi by the time they were calling to tell her this. Would it be OK to scan and send the photos to them via the cabincrewrec adress? Please advise.

I also have a tip for everyone who has reached the Final Interview but didn't get the job. I recently came across a book that contains ALL the interview questions (and tactics) that you might have encountered during your FI. It's called Answering Tough Interview Questions for Dummies. You can get it on the torrentz website, but you'll need to have the bit torrent client in order to download it. I wish I had this book back in April hehe!

Lastly, I wanna wish you all Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas ;)

take care

xx

ThatRedHatGirl
19th Dec 2010, 12:21
Goverment Building is consistently spoken about as a best crew building, for the atmosphere and facility as well as apartments. Glad you enjoy it Coco & you realise how nice it is! Lots of crew constantly complain about their accommodations; it's nice to hear some thing positive for once. Feel free to message me the blog too, I have (had) one but sadly have not been updating it as much as I should. Cannot believe how long I have been flying now!!

Kenyan. To do photos on this site, first you need to upload them to a photo sharing site (like Photobucket, FLickr etc). Then make a new post, click the button with the picture of a mountain on it and copy & paste the link for each photo into the post here. Be aware some people if their faces ar eshown might not know you took a photo so best thing would be to only show the faces of people you know, maybe blur the rest out with a photo program. You never know who is attending AD's on the sneaky from their current job ;)

Linda, I worked in AUstralia for awhile. Sure, the pay does not seem like much,. Yes I was making 2 to 3 times the EK basic wage in basic wage at my job in Australia. BUT- here you do not pay rent, electric, most phone, water, gas, whatever. You also get free dry cleaning. AND you do not pay tax!!! So when I add the numbers I come out about the same as I was in Oz, although there I did not have as much opportunities to travel and even with staff tickets it was expensive due to the distance from everything. Dubai is much closer to Europe for travelling around.

As for instructions, be prepared to read carefully and try to work things out. Because you need to have a bit of self reliance in Dubai, no-one holds your hand for very long, even during induction as much as they say they will. When I arrived my name was not on a screen or paper, I had to go looking for the Marhaba people and not sit there like a school child waiting for some body else to come find me. So practising those listening and reading skills will be a good thing to do before arriving!

Samantha, your accommodation details will come up within a week of your DOJ. Accommodation is extremely limited at the moment so it may be they are waiting on people who have resigned to leave before they can assign you a building.

Hope this is helpful.

BUTTER-FLY
19th Dec 2010, 19:15
Hello everybody, Id like to share whith you that Im so worry and sad since today it has finished the three months I had to wait...!!!! three months ago and after my status has been in " you will be contacted at the earliest" I received the on hold e-mail but today the time is out and I dont now what to do!!!! if continous waiting or thinking in other OD, can anybody who have lived a similar experience or some who is living in Dubay tell me what´s the best way to take? thank you in advanced...!!!!

perkin1
20th Dec 2010, 01:14
Hey are you male or female?

Your best off just calling the cabin crew recruitment hr and finding out whats going on..

flygirlwannabe
20th Dec 2010, 04:53
dya guys know when EK would be here in the Philippines??

toby1236
20th Dec 2010, 14:07
Hey Butter, I am sorry to hear that. I know how you feel....this really stinks. I made it through the FI and my status changed to approval in progress shortly after. While I was at the FI, the recruiter told me I should hear something by 4 weeks time. And 4 weeks to the day, I received the "on hold" email that you also received. It says in the email that they will let you know the final result within three months....so I would not be surprised if tomorrow you receive another email. But let us all know what happens. Do you only speak english too? M or F? Me: male and not bilingual. Personally, I am a bit pissed off that they wasted my time.

Flyingpig07
20th Dec 2010, 14:56
Girls and boys, is anybody here, who had they FI longer than 6 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer? Did you guys contact them or you decided to wait and see what is going to happen? :)

toby1236
20th Dec 2010, 19:07
i've been waiting about six weeks. I did email them and apparently I did not deserve a reply.

Flyingpig07
20th Dec 2010, 20:07
uhhh thats strange :confused:
I maybe gonna wait a bit longer then and try to call them next week. Its seems like its quite few of us in this situation.. Well I will try to be patient and stay positive. Fingers crossed for you Toby! I am sure they will call you soon!!! :ok: Dont give up!

BUTTER-FLY
20th Dec 2010, 20:56
Hey, Im male, speak English and Spanish, I wonder if I did something wrong!!!! Specially because when my status was in you will be contected, I sent several e-mails on account of a hadn received the call after one and half month, all of them polite of course but maybe it bothered them and put me on hold, Idont know, all is rather weird....!!! I mean I dont´ve problem to continuos waiting or go to other interview, but dont know what to do, perhaps I call and they dont like it. Idont know if you undertand me, what must I assume? Im out, on hold or what?

toby1236
21st Dec 2010, 13:06
If and when they call me, I am gonna tell them to kiss it!!! This whole process is ridiculous.

dubaiiii
21st Dec 2010, 13:33
toby1236 (http://www.pprune.org/members/343039-toby1236) i agree with you 300% my god this process is like torture/ ridiculous / crazy/.:ugh::mad:

By the way anyone from Norway here waiting for their GC´s?
if yes, how long have you been waiting?
and do you know if anyone in your final interview group received any rejection emails? if yes, after how long did they received those emails?

Good Luck everyone:ok:

ThatRedHatGirl
21st Dec 2010, 13:37
Toby,

Might be a blessing in disguise then. If you don't have the patience to wait for an answer, you sure as heck won't survive some of the customers onboard, or in Dubai.

Everything is a waiting game in Dubai, even simple things like opening a bank account. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Emirates see how people react to waiting and following lots of (seemingly pointless) instructions to see how you will handle living here? If you tell them to stick it, you'll blow your chances with Emirates but probably any other Middle Eastern airline as well (lots of the ROs know each other)

toby1236
21st Dec 2010, 19:28
Redhat, with all due respect, that is quite an assumption you are making. This has nothing to do with patience. And let's not kid ourselves, serving passengers on an airplane is not rocket science. Every job imaginable requires patience with your boss, client, co-workers etc.. Most of us probably want to do it for the experience and the travel. My comment was in jest, but if they initially told me there is a backlog of male cabin crew and that I need to wait six months....then I would patiently await the six months. However, my frustration has to do with the way they are treating applicants. Not responding to relevant inquiries by applicants who have provided a great deal of time and expense to go through the process is just not good business for any employer. It is also very telling of their corporate culture and the value they place on their employees. I have lived in other countries and certainly understand things can take longer in one than the other. Bottom line, they should not be recruiting males for a few months is there is no need. And at the very least, they should let people know that before they make the trek to an OD or AD.

Milly26
21st Dec 2010, 20:50
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if i could get a couple of questions answered...I have just recently submitted my online application and recieved confirmation back that i can go to an OD/AD. I live in Hobart and the two options they gave for the AD are either Brisbane or Perth (the two furthest destinations from where i live :bored:). I noticed there was an OD in Melbourne on the 8th of January but if they didnt mention that one in the email im guessing i cannot just go to that one?
The other question was.....If i dont go to either Brisbane or Perth, and wait for the next OD in either Hobart or Melbourne, will i have to wait the 6 months, or because i didn't actually get knocked back could i go again in say 3 months.....?Would there be any ramifications down the track if i did not attend either destination? Hmm i just really confused as to why they did not mention going to the Melbourne one which i actually booked a flight for :ugh:ha.

Thanks for your help! Look forward to reading your thoughts!:O

Mari
22nd Dec 2010, 04:12
Milly,

go for the OD. If not shortlisted (no invite for assessment after cv drop-off) go for an AD. If you make it to the group discussion, you need to wait 6 months in case of rejection.

If you attend an AD, you are in the system. If you fail, you need to wait 6 months.

If you don't attend any ADs, fine, no waiting required.

cathann1988
22nd Dec 2010, 07:06
How close to your DOJ do you find if your on the A380? Can it range between 7-1 day before your departure? Also-- Does everyone find out their accom before their DOJ?

toal206
22nd Dec 2010, 07:39
Hello again all!!

Have any males that have received the "on hold" email heard anything back yet? I got mine in nov and still nothing. Just wondered f any males here have heard anything at all ie email / GC...
I hope we all hear good news and that they don't forget about us!!

Peace out

DonMirko
22nd Dec 2010, 10:20
hi !!
my FI was on 12/october and still nothing.
10 days ago a friend of mine recived GC and he had FI on 7/october

ThatRedHatGirl
22nd Dec 2010, 11:43
Next time, use a smiley face :P Otherwise it came across as really mad haha

To be honest yes it is frustrating but it may be that things just slowed down towards end of year. Also, the accommodation is very very limited right now so it's possible they're not allowed to give people DOJ/GC until rooms become available. Otherwise they risk them turning up with nowhere to live.

Also there is another plane coming early next year and the rumour there is no more next year is not true. They will still hire a lot in the next year, my prediction is once the usual resignations happen over Xmas/NY, all you guys waiting will get calls :)

DonMirko
22nd Dec 2010, 12:38
we have to think positive :)
and we have to wait....so....
we will :)

kassom
22nd Dec 2010, 13:34
hello , i had. my final interview on 3rd of October and no news yet.
your friend who received the golden call 10 days ago is a male/female?

DonMirko
22nd Dec 2010, 14:51
male :)
his joining date is 21/feb

toal206
22nd Dec 2010, 17:29
Hey thatredhatgirl!

In relation to the GC, if recruitment for males has been put on hold how did donmirko's friend get his GC, do you think its beacuse he can speak serbian? Im irish and have no other language but english but I have travelled for and worked abroad for an airline on the ground in australia for a year and have worked in a ground handler here for 4 years, so plenty of experience etc and got strong vibes through my FI at the end of Oct. Is there many people that leave after the new year and if so when do you think we should hear back if we got the on hold email early dec? I suppose I have waited this long so a bit longer wont hurt ha ha!

Hope your well miss!!

Hi Donmirko,

does your friend speak another language at all? This is all soo confusing lol! Has your status changed to approval in progress or anything? Hope this finds you well!

J

Mari
22nd Dec 2010, 20:53
It's not put on hold! There were just too many boys selected. Some need to wait for a while, that's all. All ab-initio groups have male and female people even now as far as I know.

Recruitment will be continued. However, the number of new crew might be less than before and then it will be more again.

Even if recruitment stops for a while (for weeks or months) why would it be so shocking?! Most of the airlines are not having dozens of open days worldwide every month.

Emirates is like any other airline: they recruit when they need people.

leiser182
22nd Dec 2010, 23:13
Finally after waiting two months i just receive my final approval, resignation has been accepeted. DOJ january 17th

tetisheri
23rd Dec 2010, 05:38
hello all
i ve a question.i attend the emirates OD and my final interview was on 7th of dec
and i already registered the emirates career website one year ago but didint update anything.so i tried to update it but i couldnt
is there any way to see my status in this situation
thank you

DonMirko
23rd Dec 2010, 06:22
he speaks Serbian and English :)
my ... lets call it "status" is : You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest
but what what it means?

ThatRedHatGirl
23rd Dec 2010, 06:24
I didn't say on hold, I said perhaps they are waiting until accommodation opens up before giving more GCs...

Yes there are boys training right now, I saw some of them waiting for a bus at one of the buildings. I reckon 1/3 to maybe 1/2 of the group I saw were boys. They were probably waiting just like you.

As Mari says, they recruit when they need people. Yes you may think it's "unfair" for them to keep you waiting.. but it's possible that when you were selected they needed X number of people... and now the projected number needed might be Y... for now... so you wait. But- I do know they will recruit a lot next year. When I joined they told us they need to double the number of crew in around 5 years, so don't worry short of aliens attacking the world I don't think they'll REALLY stop cold any time soon. Slow down, ys... stop completely...? Unlikely.

little dazzling
23rd Dec 2010, 06:25
Hi all, I have finish the medical but have some problems with vaccinations.

I have took Polio, Diphtheria and Tetanus since I was born (25 years back), doctor have mention it is not common for an adult to take it, but the requirement here is that the vaccine must be within last 10 years, shall I take again or have doctor to explained in the vaccinationcertificate?

I have done the Varicella and Typhoid these 2 day, but some of the vaccines require waiting time to inject, shall I finish all the required vaccines before upload to candidate portal, or just upload first then continue the vaccination? I just worried it will delay the approval even I have upload the medial reports.

Hope everyone could advise me, thanks you in advance.

ThatRedHatGirl
23rd Dec 2010, 06:36
Get what you can. They know some vaccines need waiting in between. SO long as you get most of them they will probably not mind. If you have say only one or two to go they will usually give them to you in Dubai. You may or may not have to pay these out of your salary, so be prepared for this.

I guess if your DOJ is coming soon then upload what you have, you could always raise a query on portal letting them know you must wait for the rest.

I guess if they want it in the last 10 years, then you need to get it again. I had to get MMR again as I had it over 10 years but then they might not say anything if you wait until Dubai... maybe they will give it to you here. It's up to you, so long as you are willing to pay if required.

Good luck :)

perkin1
23rd Dec 2010, 07:11
Hey Donmirko,
when did your status change to 'recruiter will contact you at earliest'?

DonMirko
23rd Dec 2010, 10:44
i dont know exactly, but long ago . . . .
what that status means?

perkin1
24th Dec 2010, 00:39
Usually it means they've approved you and the joining team will call you soon after..

However at the moment with Males who knows.... Some guys have had this status for 2 months and heard nothing.

But it should be a good thing....

What i'm guessing is that they approved you, were ready to call you up.. but then realised they had no room for you (males) in any upcoming training schools at the time... so basically theyre just waiting to put you in the next free slot... You didnt get an 'on hold' email like many others did (myself included), so you're probably next in line!

Although nothing can be sure at the moment... Two guys i know of who had been waiting 3-4 months since their FI recieved rejection emails just in the last week....

Scary!! Imagine being knocked back after all that time :(

At the end of the day we are at their mercy, and can be replaced at any time really..

DonMirko
24th Dec 2010, 05:37
no i didnt receive that mail..
i want give up :)
they will call me.... :)
....soon..

dubaiiii
24th Dec 2010, 14:02
Perkin1 At the end of the day we are at their mercy, and can be replaced at any time really.. I AGREE 100%

Merry Christmas everyone, may 2011 fulfill all your dreams :-)

Zaina.J
24th Dec 2010, 21:29
Hey everyone and merry x-mas!
I have my DOJ the 31th of january , is there anyone else starting that date?
I havent finished my medicals yet and is pretty stressing! What happens if my medicals takes a little bit longer, do thet accept that? Could they change the date instead? And what about final approval, could it take weeks as well? Really looking forward to leave cold scandinavia for Dubai :)!

cathann1988
26th Dec 2010, 20:37
Hi!

Can someone please give me details on my accomadation:

Al Kawakeb Building, Block E.

Does it have a gym or pool? Is it in a good area?

Thanks !

kassom
27th Dec 2010, 12:08
hello , how's everything going on ?

is there any news for any males candidates ?????.
I had my Final interview October 3rd ,
I'am still waiting for a reply , will it take longer than 3 months to call me ??

DonMirko
28th Dec 2010, 09:55
i'm sorry to hear that :(
can you tell me what was your status on emiratesgroupcarrers.com ?

LINDAHEIDIUK
28th Dec 2010, 12:03
"You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest"
Just woke up, and realised I can't login on my account anymore. I'm so happy :O:O:O:O El hamdullilah

For those who like statistics :
AD: 06/12
FI: 08/12
Approval in progress: 15/12
You will be contacted by your Recruitment Coordinator: 28/12
GC: ???????

kassom
28th Dec 2010, 14:03
congratulations ,
you made it , they will contact you very soon ,
i assume you are a girl , maybe next week , do i know you on Facebook from the group ??
my status changed to you will be contacted since October 21st but no reply till now , they are late with males , they are very fast with girls , so don't worry

Sushi lover
28th Dec 2010, 15:51
Hi everyone!
I received my GC last week, luckily had started with the medicals before just in case so now I'm just finishing them.

My dates are:

FI 31 October
Approval in Progress 11 November
You will be contacted by your Recruitment Coordinator 8 December
Golden Call!!!!! 20 December
DOJ 28 February

I'm a female and I think about 3 of the 11 that had their final interview are going to Dubai.

Anyone else joining on that date?

See you!
:ok:

flyer22
28th Dec 2010, 17:58
[Text speak]

ellie22
28th Dec 2010, 20:48
Has anyone from the Sydney AD had a status change yet?
I'm checking every day its driving me crazy! :)

DonMirko
29th Dec 2010, 05:42
i just received on hold for three months.... :(

rab123
29th Dec 2010, 07:10
good morning everyone and merry christmas :)

before you write "read the posts and threads" posted before , i hope you take in consideration my situation . i am a 23 year old guy , lebanese living in doha qatar . working as a admin division manager for an industrial project . due to my full time work , i didnt have enough time to check this forum properly to get answers on my thoughts and questions .

i would like to thank in advance anyone for reading this msg and answering me if its possible :)

after 2 years of hard work in doha , i realised that now it s the right time to go for a new direction , to do something that i like . i do love the world of the aviation , but for some reasons , i couldnt start my work career in this field . instead , i worked in the industrial/construction field where i gained experience in the financial , production , customer service fields ...but still . it s all related in a way or another to the industrial domain.

i would like to join emirates . already applied to several positions in the management field . not sure about how much chance i do have to get any of those jobs . in the other hand , i am willing to apply to the company for a cabin crew position to do it for some time in my life . it s a risk yeah , it s a whole new direction , but somehow i am feeling right about it and excited to make it since i do love flying , the customer service field , and traveling around the world .

i am willing to attend the OD for emirates in bahrain on the 8th of january .
- how many days the whole process could take ? this will help me in the hotel bookin in bahrain . is it like this : 8 jan OD , 9 jan AD and 10 FI ? or not necessary ?

- do i need to apply online for the OD , or its fine just to go on the 8 to the OD where i ll have the chance to meet the recruiters and express myself more ?

- as a full package salary , how much is the "average" salary that a cabin crew get once he starts flying ? ( including the basic , the hours flying allowance , layover and food allowance...) ( range of salary min/max)

- is it possible if i made it and succeed to apply after some time for jobs in EK in the administration / management field? ( with my academic background and exp that i have )

any info that i must know about the OD ?

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP . THANK YOU SO MUCH

x

URUFLIESDUBAI
29th Dec 2010, 07:51
Hi there, I received the "on hold" mail today as well.
had my FI on sept 27th, and still waiting. I´m a male by the way.
This waiting is becoming absolutely stressing...

kassom
29th Dec 2010, 07:58
[Text speak]

DonMirko
29th Dec 2010, 09:42
my status was "you will be contacted" and after on hold mail is under review...
i cant believe...

URUFLIESDUBAI
29th Dec 2010, 11:00
my status changed as well to "under review" again...
Lets see what happens now..

DonMirko
29th Dec 2010, 14:38
i think that they will call us all......
they just dont have any place to put us now...
:)

de747
29th Dec 2010, 18:42
Hi there!
My name is Denise, I'm a 28 years old brazilian girl. When I was 18 years old (2000) I started to work as a flight attendant at a major airline in Brazil, 6 years later (2006) the airline went to bankruptcy, so I decided to move to NYC, where I stayed for about 4 years. Last september I moved to Buenos Aires where I'm current living.
After so many years without working as a cabin crew, I decided to try emirates, so I'm waiting for the next OD or AD here in Buenos Aires.
I don't know if the fact of being a foreigner here is a disadvantage or not for me, but I will try anyway http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif
I've already read about 60 pages of this forum. It's very nice to have a place where I can share my doubts and concerns.
Good luck to everyone here!
Denise

Mari
29th Dec 2010, 21:39
Denise, no worries. Your background is great! Good luck!

Sushi lover
29th Dec 2010, 23:05
Hi, I'm British but I've been living in Argentina for 17 years, I just got the golden call so please try it!
You have to send your cv here: the nest ad is in February, I suppose it's in Rosario as mine was in October.

Argentina Assessment Day February 2011 Send us your CV to [email protected]
Uruguay Assessment Day February 2011 Send us your Cv to [email protected]

de747
29th Dec 2010, 23:29
[Text speak]

toal206
29th Dec 2010, 23:39
DonMirko / UREFLIESDUBAI

I had my final interview in oct and got my on hold email back december 2nd. My statues changed from under review to approval in progress two weeks before the on hold email and is still approval in progrrss. I wonder what will happen... All this waiting would really stress you out. Im afraid to even book a vacation in June incase all goes well, but i I get the dreaded email then I will be very annoyed that I diddnt book it. Everyone seems to be in the same boat here but I wonder why they are still putting males to the FI stage ? I hope that jan 2011 brings us all good news and we can all being a new life in Dubai!

Happy new year to you all!

;)

perkin1
30th Dec 2010, 04:08
Those guys who got the on hold email... do you have face book?
Someone created a group for us people who are waiting for their golden calls... Most of them males who have been waiting for 3+ months like yourselves.

Shoot us through your fb details and we can all keep track of each others applications on there... especially for us males.

I received the on hold email as well.... on dec 7, im guessing that once the new year passes and all the people resign that normally do, that they will reassess their numbers and probably call most of us guys who are still waiting...

DonMirko
30th Dec 2010, 05:30
we didnt get rejection mail, so i think (i know :) ) that we will get the GC.
only question is when?
It's only logical explanation..
whats the name of that group on facebook?
My user name is Mirko Vukicevic.....

Mari
30th Dec 2010, 06:02
Denise,you forgot to mention this tiny little detail! Be aware that you will not be able to sponsor your husband as a woman (with this salary) and arrange a residence visa for him. Distance relationship might work for a while if he was living in London for instance but Buenos Aires!!! (Very far, no direct flights, you can't go on off days, you can't go on duty as we don't fly there.) You might get your first vacation 6-8 months after joining. If your life depend on this job (financially, I mean) you should go for it and try to save the required amount quickly. If not (maybe you are simply bored and trying to find yourself) there is a big possibility that you put your relationship in a risk very soon.

BbBb42
30th Dec 2010, 08:22
Hello again,

Still no contact from Emirates for me, but I spoke with a girl who attended the FI with me and she said that her friend got her GC one month ago, the exact same time that I got my missed call from Dubai.

This feels like good news to me, as I dream and imagine that my name may have been on that GC list as well, only I missed the call as I was flying that day.

Still waiting but friends encouraging me to "Call them again" and family telling me "Email them again" makes the wait frustrating. :ugh: I'm currently trying to heed Mari's advice of "Be patient" :) The three month (so far) wait has been a roller coaster of feelings!

Happy New Year to all, wishing you all the best of luck!
BbBb

tetisheri
30th Dec 2010, 09:02
hello all
i ve a question.i attend the emirates OD and my final interview was on 7th of dec
and i already registered the emirates career website one year ago but didint update anything.so i tried to update it but i couldnt
is there any way to see my status in this situation
thank you

kassom
30th Dec 2010, 09:25
hello ,
if you applied before to any cabin crew open days or assessment days , you can see your status on the right ( applied , under review , approval in progress)

de747
30th Dec 2010, 14:53
Thanks for letting me know that. I had no ideia that could be that hard to get a visa for him.
I will keep researching about this.
If I move to Dubai, he won't stay in Buenos Aires, we just live here to learn some spanish, we don't work or have family here. I will think about all possibilities :(

ally23x
31st Dec 2010, 05:59
I believe that it is mentioned on their web site that ifyou do not apply during 6 months your account will no longer function. I am not sure, but you should try register with them once again.

kenyan85
31st Dec 2010, 16:19
I am currently on holiday back at home, in sunny Mombasa, and I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! It has been an eventful year for me, and friends and family. For the boys on hold - I just wanted to tell you that patience is a virtue and that you have no choice but to wait. The same thing happened in December '08. Needless to say, every one of the guys that was on hold got the Golden Call months later. Use this time to brush up on much needed skills, spend time with loved ones and just enjoy life. You guys have made it. I have been in the running for 2 years now (made it to FI twice) and I will not give up. I know it's only a matter of time. For everyone else, hold on to your dreams, work hard and all the desires of your heart will come true. Happy New Year!

FamousFame
31st Dec 2010, 18:03
Hey guys
i where on OD 21 nov and my FI 22nov
2-3 weeks ago i couldn´t log in to the EK website
and one of the girl how attend got the GC on 21 december!
soo im confused should i mail them after new years eve it´s seems like they dosent´t answer what iam reading here ?

dubaiiii
31st Dec 2010, 21:03
FamousFame (http://www.pprune.org/members/346359-famousfame) check your inbox :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
hope 2011 will fulfill your dreams and wishes!!!:ok:

christina_22
31st Dec 2010, 23:57
[Text speak]

hahamong
1st Jan 2011, 11:39
Hello everyone
happy new year, wish you a happy flying dream to come true
i went to an AD 4/5 months ago,so yeah i have to wait another month to be able to apply again (wish is hard xD since i know emirates won't be back anytime soon this year) so i don't know if i can attend again cause i have to go through primary selection in an agency then be invited (or not ) to the AD so i'm afraid the recruiter on the agency will remember me and tell me to go back, and i have to travel to attend :sad:
so can someone suggest to me what should I do :(
i also want to know if i may meet to same recruiters on the AD or they change?
thank you a lot

Mari
1st Jan 2011, 12:09
ANSWERS

- how many days the whole process could take ? this will help me in the hotel bookin in bahrain . is it like this : 8 jan OD , 9 jan AD and 10 FI ? or not necessary ?
-Yes, it's very likely.

- do i need to apply online for the OD , or its fine just to go on the 8 to the OD where i ll have the chance to meet the recruiters and express myself more ?
-No need to apply online. However, you should fill up the online application form before your Final Interview. Otherwise there is no need to fill it up.

-as a full package salary , how much is the "average" salary that a cabin crew get once he starts flying ? ( including the basic , the hours flying allowance , layover and food allowance...) ( range of salary min/max)
- Basic: 3915 dhs.
- Hourly pay for economy crew: 53.50 dhs. (You will fly 80 hours on average.)
- Meal Allowances: 1000-3000 dhs per month. (You get this money in cash in foreign currencly at the hotels where you stay. The amount of this money is higher in the A380 fleet due to the majority of layovers.)
- Salary deduction: 340 dhs in each month in the first 12 months, 60 dhs for healthcare, 20 dhs for FACE card. Your 2000dsh-loan what you get after arrival will be deducted from your first two salaries.
- You don't have to pay for your room and the utilities.
- You earn around 9500 dhs per month in total as an economy crew in the first year. (You will get a pay-rise and a bonus the next year and you will make more if you get promoted to business class.)

Calculate your range of salary according to the flying hours:

Flying hours on the A380

Dec 2009: 87
Jan 2010: 111
Feb 2010: 98
March 2010: 51 (Reserve month. Extra pay for standby duties: 21 hours)
April 2010: 93
May 2010: 61 (Leave: 10 days.)
June 2010: 79 (Sick: 1 day)
July 2010: 116 (SEP recurrent: 2 days, extra pay: 7 hours)
August 2010: 108
September 2010: 96
October 2010: 39 ( Leave: 12 days.)
November 2010: 74

Rosters in the Main Fleet

Girl1 (economy class)

1-3 Capetown (24 hours)
4 off
5-7 Dusseldorf (24 hours)
8 off
9-11 Shanghay (24 hours)
12-13 off (2)
14-15 Bombai (night turnaround)
16 off
17-18 Franfurt (24 hours)
20-21 Hyderabad (night turnaround)
22 off
23-25 Hamburg (24 hours)
26-27 off (3)
28-30 München
31 off

Girl2 (economy class)

1-4 off (4)
5-7 Milan (24 hours)
8 off
9-11 Milan (24 hours)
12 off
13-15 Milan (24 hours)
16-17 off (2)
18-19 Tehran (night turnaround)
20-22 Beiging (30 hours)
23 off
24-26 Beiging (30 hours)
27-28 off (2)
29-31 Beiging (30 hours)

Girl3 (economy class)

1 back (Rest)
2-4 Zürich (24 hours)
5 off
6 Doha (morning turnaround)
7-8 Jeddah
9-10 off (2)
11-13 Dusseldorf (24 hours)
14-15 Dammam (night turnaround)
15-16 Tehran (night turnaround)
17 off
18-20 München (24 hours)
21-22 off (2)
23 ABSENT
24 Rest
25-26 Kuwait (night turnaround)
27-28 off (2)
29-01 Guangzhou (24 hours)

- is it possible if i made it and succeed to apply after some time for jobs in EK in the administration / management field? ( with my academic background and exp that i have )
- Yes, it might be possible.

tetisheri
1st Jan 2011, 19:12
I didint register to my city that i attended for.so it means i cant see the status :(

Adriana2011
1st Jan 2011, 23:42
I have a friend who got her GC few days ago and she got in the February batches,
so does this mean that there is still open spots in February?
or was she just lucky?
Because i was thinking perhaps the batches are full in February and people would get March ?

Bazzagol
2nd Jan 2011, 09:59
Hi all!

someone knows about screening at Emirates Airlines?

Any info about quiz, interviews and any sort of questions?

Thank you!

kassom
2nd Jan 2011, 10:03
it's fine if you didn't apply in your city , we all have only one reference number for out application as a cabin crew . i applied several times and the last time i found that all the application I've done before changed to under review ,now i you have applied before to a cabin crew open day ,you can see your status on the right of your page , it says "application status"

crewcrew25
2nd Jan 2011, 16:26
[Text speak]

Adriana2011
2nd Jan 2011, 18:29
What is the difference between ´´the main fleet or A380´´
i know the size of course, but is there any more reasons?

RiRi25
2nd Jan 2011, 19:41
from what i understand, if you operate on the A380 fleet you have to undergo a different training than mainfleet, you do not fly to as many different destinations as the mainfleet, because naturally not all airports are equipped to have A380's landing on their runways, you have more layovers, and more days off. but i'm not an expert, so im sure Mari will add more info ;)

spinsterka
2nd Jan 2011, 20:07
Hi guys,

finally after 12 weeks my status has changed to you will be contacted soon...unfortunately or fortunately...I have already signed the contract with Etihad... destiny or whatever. Happy New Year, good luck to everyone, hope you will get your GCs sooner than me so that you do not ever think what could be IF...

hahamong
3rd Jan 2011, 00:07
please someone to answer me since the pri-selection is this week T.T

Hello everyone
happy new year, wish you a happy flying dream to come true
i went to an AD 4/5 months ago,so yeah i have to wait another month to be able to apply again (witch is hard xD since i know emirates won't be back anytime soon this year) so i don't know if i can attend again cause i have to go through primary selection in an agency then be invited (or not ) to the AD so i'm afraid the recruiter on the agency will remember me and tell me to go back, and i have to travel to attend http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif
so can someone suggest to me what should I do http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif
i also want to know if i may meet to same recruiters on the AD or they change?
thank you a lot

LINDAHEIDIUK
3rd Jan 2011, 06:07
6 months it's 6 months := You must respect the rules...
Even if you go there, be succesful to this assesment day. Going through to the finale interview, I'm afraid you'll be unsuccesful because you didn't respect the 6 months between your last AD and the next one.
Advise ??! Save your money and do not waste your time :):)
You never know they could come around your place if not I'm sure you'll find an AD next to your country :)

hahamong
3rd Jan 2011, 09:59
thank you LINDAHEIDIUK for the reply
so they know at the FI that you've already been to an assessment ?
i didn't want to wait the six cause my friend made it and she just went back just after two months and she got lucky cause she didn't have the same recruiters

bencat27
3rd Jan 2011, 12:27
Hi guys just wanted to ask if there is an open day planned for Sydney coming up as I notice there are open days in Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane this month?
Thanks,
Ben

Samantha in Sydney
3rd Jan 2011, 20:54
Hi Ben,

You just missed Sydney OD! Last one was around mid December. Keep checking web site, maybe there will be another in March? Or fly to Melbourne!

Sam

want_to_fly
4th Jan 2011, 05:15
Hey Ben

Like what Samantha said, dont worry if you have missed out. Emirates always conducts interview in Australia, almost once every 2-3 months. Im attending the Brisbane OD and this would be my 3rd try!

Wishing you all the best and God bless :)

Az

biancs88
4th Jan 2011, 12:30
Hey, just wondering if anyone who went to their FI had to send documents/photos later? I didn't have my passport and some of the photos at the time of my FI but I ended up sending them by courier 2 weeks ago (a week after my FI) to the address the recruiters gave us and i'm stressing that they haven't received them because I never received confirmation that they did? Has anyone else been in this situation and received/not received confirmation?

jemimah
4th Jan 2011, 12:49
Hi kenyan,am soo curious,I went for an Emirates op at Tribe Hotel on13th Nov 2010,Is this the open day you are talking about or was there another one in Dec?
I was lucky i got through,there were like 180 people there that day,we were only 8 left by evening.More people came the next day too.
I cant believe Emirates came back just the next month again.
If its the same op,please tell me the name of the person who got through as for now i only know one other girl who is awaiting final confirmation like me,been waiting for two weeks now,am getting real anxious.
Anybody else waiting for final confirmation?

Happy new year to everyone.Am new here,joined i need to speak to someone who understands my situation.
Still waiting for final confirmation,its been almost three weeks since i uploaded all my medicals.My doj is in early Feb.Anyone else in the same boat?

I had to send some certificates after my FI,i scanned them though and sent them to the email address they gave us.I never got a confirmation or anything.as long as you wrote the address correctly no worries it will get to them.I guess mine did i got a call afew weeks latter.

bencat27
4th Jan 2011, 13:41
Thanks for the info guys. Have only just started looking again at doing cabin crew, tried a few years ago while I was living in the UK and got to the final interview stages there a few times with different airlines like BA, and Virgin Atlantic but I think my inexperience as I was merely 19 and the fact I was quite massively overweight back then let me down at the last hurdle but I'm in a much stronger position now and my appearance is a million times better and I'm skinny now :), and I just feel it's the right time now to start looking at it again!

Anyway thanks again for the info and I'll keep my eyes open on their website to see when they will next be doing a Sydney OD :)

kassom
4th Jan 2011, 13:42
Good afternoon ,
i just received my golden call today , my date of joining is 28th February.
very very happy as i waited for three months , am now dancing :)

charnel
4th Jan 2011, 14:02
Congrats Kassom! So there is hope for all male applicants ;)

kassom
4th Jan 2011, 14:30
thanks , yes they called me so i don't think there's a problem with males ,

Sushi lover
4th Jan 2011, 17:41
Hi!
I'm leaving on the 28th too! We're two girls from Buenos Aires leaving that date. So see you there!

RedCherry
4th Jan 2011, 19:06
Dear Everyone,
I've been reading this forum for a while, it's been a great help, thank you very much for the valuable informations that helped me getting through to the FI!
I'm about to get the GC (hopefully!) as my status changed to 'you will be contacted'. However, I would like to start my medicals asap, because I'll be out of my country for 2 weeks in Feb. and would be nice to get everything done before that. Could someone please kindly send me the most recent version of the required medicals to [email protected] ? My friend provided me an old form, but it's from 2007 so I guess it might have changed since then. Thank you very much in advance!!
Also, congrats for everyone who recevied their GCs, and also fingers crossed for the ones in the waiting pool!:ok:

ellie22
4th Jan 2011, 20:29
Biancs88- I didnt have any of my forms for our FI either so I emailed them all through. I never received any confirmation, I even emailed them to ask for them to confirm they were received and in the right format etc but they never responded..
Oh well...we're half way through our 6 weeks, let hope we hear something soon!

biancs88
4th Jan 2011, 21:30
Ok thanks guys, i guess i just have to be more patient...its soo nervewracking though? Have you heard from anyone else who attended the same AD as us ellie?

perkin1
5th Jan 2011, 11:20
[Text speak]

ellie22
5th Jan 2011, 20:37
No I havent..I wonder if anyone else has heard anything. We're 3 and half weeks since our FIs, does anyone know generally when we can expect to hear something?

Mari
6th Jan 2011, 07:16
One of the girls did a statistics a few pages before. Many get the results after 3-4 weeks of waiting.

However, it doesn't always happen like that. My friend had AD in Manchester 9 weeks ago. She didn't hear anything at all. (Status changed "approval in progress" shortly after the AD.) A girl from the group received the Golden Call after waiting for 7 weeks. (Status was "under review" the whole time.) My friend kept calling Emirates after 6 weeks of waiting. She wrote e-mails, left messages. Finally, she received a phone call from the London office yesterday and she was told that her file was still in London (was not forwarded to Dubai yet) and she needs to send a new full-length photo. :ugh:

Obviously, they forgot to contact her and tell her that a new photo was required with her application. As her file was not complete, it stayed in London and was not sent to Dubai for approval. She needs to send the photo via mail. It means all the papers still need to go by post to Dubai afterwards. I'm sure she must wait at least 2 more weeks for the answer.

You need to follow-up what's going on with your application if you don't receive any news in the next 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Milly26
6th Jan 2011, 09:53
Hi Guys,

Im just getting organised for my OD on the 8th of Jan. Is there any last minute advice anybody could pass in regards to group stages etc, like what to focus on, what not to do etc.... I think im suited to this job and will be fine once i get through the Group Stages - im a bit worried about them because from what i have read they can be a bit random and you need a small degree of luck to get through to the next stage aswell?

Anybody else out there down for the OD this weekend?

Cheers

kaszczyrk
6th Jan 2011, 11:01
Hi,
I would like to ask someone who already work for Emirates- I've got accomodation which is Sahara Tower, Shk. Zayed Road. Do you have nice apartments over there?, it is far away from town?. Anyone DOJ 10th of Jan??.

LINDAHEIDIUK
6th Jan 2011, 12:51
I got the call this morning @8.30 am :( I missed it... Tried to call them back several times but busy. Boxmail is full. I'm waiting now from them to call me back. Could have been a wonderful day :ugh:

RiRi25
6th Jan 2011, 16:31
Hi guys,

I just noticed checking the EK webpage, that the OD in my city has slightly changed. Now it has a tag on it, that preliminary selections will be made by recruitment agency. Can anyone please tell me what this means? Can I still show up to the OD or does this agency have to send me an invite? thanks!!

nanu
6th Jan 2011, 19:09
Hey to all..and RiRi25...i dont think that the remark is for Bratislava, Slovakia...i think its for Brazil OD?...did i get it right?

AnneeBubbles
6th Jan 2011, 20:45
Hi kaszczyrk (http://www.pprune.org/members/329894-kaszczyrk),

Sahara Tower is an older building. Some of my friends are staying there. It's quite close to everything, within walking distance to a lot of restaurants, shops, etc. There's a metro station close by and you're about 20-30 mins from training college. I personally think it's a great location other than the building is a bit old.

Hope this info helps :)

want_to_fly
7th Jan 2011, 00:19
Hi Milly

First of all good luck and wish you all the best with the OD. You will find a lot of tips and advise on this website and Im sure you may have memorised some of them lol. For me, when you get through to the group stages, remember to always smile and be cooperative and try not to be in control. Yes you do need to have a bit of luck, but if you do everything right Im sure you will make it through to the final stages.

As for my experience with Emirates OD, remember during the first day to keep smiling (yes, this is repetitive. Just keep smiling and dont stop) and to also ask questions and answer questions when recruiters are asking some. When you will get through to handing them your resume just be yourselves and stay calm. Talk in your proper normal tone and dont rush into anything. The down side of it is that you will only have 15-30 seconds to impress the recruiter. This is where your resume will need to stand out, easy to read and highlight some of your best strengths. Remember, your photos should be neat and tidy too that shows your smiling face and clear background with business attire also.

The second stages however (like I mentioned before is a group stage) is a bit fun to be honest. This is where you will meet friends and get to know people a little better. Again the tips are the same. Smile alot and contribute your opinion but not forcing your ideas. Should you be successful in this round, then you will be congratulated and proceed to the final stages.

The final stages would be your 3rd day, and it is a one to one interview. Remember to relax and not rush into your answers. By now you will get to understand your recruiters a little better and you should feel a little bit comfortable. They will ask you many questions about your experiences working in dfferent circumstances and such. You can research some sample internet questions on google. However, these are the questions they always ask and please always give a good answer! They are "what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths and what challenges will you face living in Dubai and working as a cabin crew". Remember when answering these, turn your weakeneses into strengths, and then highlight why your strengths are suitable for the role. As for the challenges, I'll let you think up on that one.

Finally, after the one-to-one interview you will be given a picture test. However I think this is random and doesn't confirm that if you didn't get the picture test then you wont get in or vice-versa. That bit is still a mystery to me. Does anyone care to explain??

Anyway good luck. And no, Im not a EK cabin crew. Im just highlighting my experiences and have many friends working in Dubai. However I will be attending another OD soon as well.

Best of luck!

God bless, stay bless! :D

JustinG
7th Jan 2011, 07:22
Will moles on the face disqualify you? I have this mentality that in order to fly for Emirates you have to have absolutely flawless skin. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

RiRi25
7th Jan 2011, 09:10
thanks nanu :) i think you're right. i checked the webpage of this recruitment agency, and they were only mentioning brazil.

jemimah
7th Jan 2011, 11:16
I dont think you need to have perfect skin.My sister recently flew with Emirates and she sayed that there were some crew with bumpy skin and even visible pimples but not overwhelming.However on my OP,one of the recruitors pointed out my black heads and sayed i should try to remove them:(.So i guese it depends on how noticeble they are.

jemimah
7th Jan 2011, 11:35
Hi Mari,thought i would ask you something because you give such good advice.when someone is waiting for final confirmation,will it come in form of an email or a phone call?and is it possible for someone to be regected at this point?assuming that the meds came out ok.

Ksbunker
7th Jan 2011, 15:25
I've heard rumours abound of a silent agreement between Emirates and Qatar Airways citing that Emirates will NOT recruit any former QR cabin crew within the first 6 months of their leaving QR either voluntarily or involuntarily.

Is there any truth to this rumour?

I have recently left QR and am considering applying for EK but will avoid doing so if this rumour has a basis of fact.

Cheers.

snowglobe
7th Jan 2011, 18:35
Can anyone tell me if Emirates check for herpes during the medical? I know they check for HPV, but have searched and searched online and cant find any mention of herpes tests.

I have herpes type 1 and just wondering if my career at EK is over before its even begun! Thanks for any help xx

scottie380
7th Jan 2011, 20:07
Snow, 80% of the population has herpes type1. so they wouldnt test for it.

ThatRedHatGirl
7th Jan 2011, 20:46
Moles on face: SHouldn't be a problem so long as they are not too big or result from some medical issue. (i.e. a 'beauty spot"/small birthmark shouldn't be a problem, I've seen lots of crew with these)

If it's large (bigger than say a Tic Tac) then it might become an issue. If it bothers you, could always try for makeup. They will ask you about it at the OD if they have a problem with it. Most of the time you think it's bigger than it really is.

Sahara Tower: As said, great location. SZR is the main road in Dubai and is very easy to get around (except if you are trying to get to the "wrong" side of the road- you'll see what I mean when you get here)

Metro line runs along SZR from up past Deira all the way to Jebel Ali, stopping at both Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates as well as Ibn Battuta mall at the end.

As far as I know the 'congratulations you are in' always comes by phone call. This is when they will tell you your DOJ.

dianabasto
9th Jan 2011, 01:01
i got my golden call on thursday january 6 !!! i got the call at 6:30 am Colombian time. my day of join is march 7 !! any one with that date ???

Lazzah99
10th Jan 2011, 02:09
Hello Emirates Wannabes

I attended an OD back in summer of last year. I got to the final interview and unfortunately didn't make the cut this time around. I'm anxiously waiting for August 2011 to try again and I am very excited.

I just wanted to say that I prepared for my interview for about three months. I bought a new suit, did my nails and hair, brought a big smile to the interview the entire time. I had my resume on resume paper and a leather bound folder to keep it in even! I had everything prepared to give to the recruiter at the FI so I wouldn't need to mail anything and made sure my pictures and passport photos were to standard. The entire OD/AD I felt very confident. I seemed to have more research done than most of the other applicants. I read this forum back to front and wrote and practiced all the FI interview questions mentioned on here.

I feel like I am an attractive female with the personality Emirates is looking for. However, when it was time for my Final Interview, I had a very awkward session with my recruiter. She was very hard to talk with and very off putting. There were long periods of silence while she was writing and I feel like I was giving off an awkward vibe. She never smiled or looked me in the eye and asked very vague and confusing questions about my work experience and kept asking me to go into more and more detail. She seemed to be having a very bad, stressful day. I tried very hard to ease the situation and be comfortable but she didn't seem to budge. My interview lasted almost 2 hours and by the end I wasn't very happy with the result. My interview mates who had the other recruiter (they split up our group, so instead of interviewing with both of them we only had one) said she was friendly and really personable and they all had only 30-45 minute interviews and all made the cut. Me and two other girls that had my interviewer got rejection emails.

I understand that I may not have met the qualifications for the Cabin Crew, however I can't help but feeling I had a stint of bad luck getting this recruiter on this day. Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, please PM me because I would like to have some insight on my next interview. I'm still feeling a bit down about not getting the job this go around.

Some of my downfalls that I feel like may have also contributed to my failed FI:

My lipstick was not red enough - it was more of a natural color.
I may have been too confident.
I had to lie through my teeth about one of my answers because I didn't have an answer for her question.
I was smiling with teeth during the entire time she was writing (which were LONG periods of time), which may have given off a being 'fake' impression.
My resume was too long with too much detail- I'm planning on simplifying it next time.
She mentioned my resume resembled another applicant's resume. I had used to CV builder from Microsoft Word.
When she asked if I had any questions, I asked her some questions about her job, and the employee living. I should have definitely not touched the topic of her job considering it seemed like she was having a terrible day.Anyone have any feedback for any of those?

I'm also planning on the next OD/AD to wear something different besides my skirt suit and hair pulled back for the first day and save my suit for the FI. I think it might give off the impression that I'm trying to be myself, more so than someone that reads the forums about the job all day.

I am planning on attending an Air and Hospitality training college near where I live. It's a 5 month course and some investment required but I hope it gives me a little experience into the industry. As of now I only have waitressing and customer service experience. Does anyone know if Emirates considers these schools while hiring?

I have one more question: I am an American female and I don't speak any additional languages besides English. I am under the impression that there aren't many Americans living in Dubai right now and working for Emirates. I noticed that out of the 9 people in my interview, the 3 American girls got rejection emails (along with a couple others that were not American). My question is if I made it to the Final Interview, is the end result purely based on my performance then? or am I going to have more of a challenge because I am an American female? I am not going to give up on this job because I want it more than anything! Thank you for any insight and I hope my experience helps others!

Samantha in Sydney
10th Jan 2011, 05:10
Hello!

Is there anyone else with DOJ of Monday 17 January 2011 that I haven't spoken to yet?

Hopefully I'll receive the plane ticket, Visa and accomodation details tonight... and more importantly, know which fleet I'm on :bored:

Gone U/S
10th Jan 2011, 10:36
Hey all
Just thought I would let you all know of a change in policy on grooming at EK. It might affect some of you so I thought I would pass the message on.

EK no longer will be accepting crew with braces.
Crew members currently with braces will be allowed them until the expiry of their letter and then they must be removed.
No new letters will be handed out meaning if crew need to get braces they need to stop flying.

Hope this might be informative for some of you out there.

PS. Yes i am current EK crew and no i don't have braces :}

ally23x
10th Jan 2011, 11:34
Hello everyone!

Does anyone know how long it takes to find out your accommodation details after the following status?:

"The Accommodation arrangements are currently in progress & will be made available shortly"

p.s. there was a question about why some people need to take a test after the fi and others don't...from what i know, that test it will be conducted only on those people who at the personality test have responded with contradictory questions...meaning there are some tricky questions to test your honesty that mean the same thing but are put in a different form, and if you respond differently then the test loses credibility. This is why they need another test. Anyway, this is only my opinion after some research...

chichi2010
10th Jan 2011, 20:45
hey people:-)does anyone have the 14th Feb DOJ?please holla...

ellie22
10th Jan 2011, 20:53
alley23xx- Do you refer to the pyschometric (excuse my spelling!) test with the patterns? I had to do one of those...argggh!

islam
10th Jan 2011, 20:59
Hello samathana!
i am islam, my DOJ is gonna be on 17 of this month, hopefully also to receive the e_ticket and the visa till now i didn't .

Milly26
10th Jan 2011, 21:07
Hey Everyone,

Well i had my AD and FI in Melbourne over the weekend. There was about 100 people there on the first day and only 30 got the call back for the group stages the next day. (26 girls and 4 guys). At the end the day 9 people were left and got through to the FI - with myself being the only guy.
The interview went well i thought (fingers crossed). Just asked questions about previous experiences i have had at work, bad customers, have you done anything extra to make someone happy at work etc, with a background in hospitality it was easy enough to give a few examples.
I had to take the picture test at the end of it, man some of those questions got hard in the end! Does anyone know if these results will affect if the recruiters recommend you or not?

So now all i have to do is wait it out, being male i was worried that they might not be recruiting many guys at the moment so i asked the recruiters about it and they said as long as there was accom and training school vaccancies then there would be no reason to put me on hold.
From what i gathered, the recruiters recommend you to higher management and if they like you, then you get the GC - so hopefully they like what they read and see, and i will be Dubai bound!:O.

Im only in day 1 of 6 weeks waiting, im so excited but at the same time trying not to get my hopes up incase it doesn't work out.:bored:

If anyone has any q's about group stages or FI - im happy to answer what i can!;)

Samantha in Sydney
10th Jan 2011, 22:11
Hello :)

I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it through, I thought you may want some tips for the next OD you attend? You wrote:

Some of my downfalls that I feel like may have also contributed to my failed FI:

· My lipstick was not red enough - it was more of a natural color. I really don't think this would have mattered a lot, many of the girls at my OD/AD/FI had lipstick that wasn't red. But you still should wear it, especially to FI and in your photos. Try to emulate the uniform as much as possible.
· I may have been too confident.
· I had to lie through my teeth about one of my answers because I didn't have an answer for her question. Don't lie! It's much better to say that you have not been exposed to a certain situation rather than lie to their faces! They might be able to tell!
· I was smiling with teeth during the entire time she was writing (which were LONG periods of time), which may have given off a being 'fake' impression. If I was a recruiter and there was a girl smiling WITH TEETH while I was writing, I would think this is very weird or that she herself was strange. Just sit there, look attentive and pleasantly smile with no teeth I think. That's what I did. The teeth thing would have made an already awkward situation worse.
· My resume was too long with too much detail- I'm planning on simplifying it next time. Yes, maybe you should shorten it. Mine was 1 page long, with references on a seperate page. With regards to employment history, only mention where you have worked and a description of the job, not the skills you attained, etc.
· She mentioned my resume resembled another applicant's resume. I had used to CV builder from Microsoft Word. Did you tell her this? I would have.

Also, I don't think your nationality would have been a problem. There are a few American girls who have had their DOJ's recently.

You mentioned that next time you will only wear a suit at the FI. Bad idea. Wear a suit (skirt, jacket, shirt) for ALL 3 DAYS! As well as the red lipstick, black shoes and hair in bun. Myself and the other successful girls at my OD/AD/FI all did this. You need to show them that you look good in uniform!

As for the Air & Hospitality training course you’re planning to do, personally, I wouldn’t do it. I really do believe that those kind of courses are a waste of time and money. They are not only expensive, but unecessary too. Emirates and other airlines provide training because they want you trained in a particular way and because every airline is different. Emirates training would differ substantially from say, JetStar training. All these courses appear to do is provide very basic and general knowledge that is not necessary to get the job because you would learn this later on. Your waitressing and customer service training is fine. I have very limited customer service experience training but was still accepted. No disrespect to anyone out there who has done these kind of courses, this is just my personal opinion. I have never seen an Air & Hospitality or Flight Attendant Course as part of the requirements for any CC position, with any airline.

Use the next 12 months to gain customer service experience and scrap the course idea!

Good luck and keep trying. The fact that you have been through this already may give you an advantage over others who don't know what to expect on the day.

purelife
10th Jan 2011, 22:57
I FULLY AGREE with everything Samantha in Sydney just wrote to you.

About the course, please DON'T DO IT... not only will it be a waste of time and money, but Emirates likes the recruit new people that have never been cabin crew because they train them in a specific way. I think that if you do this course it could even result as a negative thing for you when you apply again.

I have an american passport, forget anything about not making it because you are american. There are LOT'S of americans here. And anyway where was the Open day? Wasen't it in the USA? If they didn't want americans they wouldn't go there in the first place. And anyway it's good to be american so you can do the USA flights, if not you have to apply for the visa and a lot of crew can't or don't want to haha.

It's not only luck, I do belive in fate... and maybe God has something better for you, or maybe it wasen't the right time. Best of luck in your next try :ok:

zwerko
10th Jan 2011, 23:23
To chichi2010: I have DOJ 14th february :)

Lazzah99
10th Jan 2011, 23:33
Thank you both so much for the feedback!

I've been debating about going to the school for a few weeks and now I've definitely made up my mind not to go. I will take all of your wonderful advice and I can't wait for another try. I fully believe I was just too nervous with this particular recruiter in the interview and with a little more practice it should be fine the next go around!

I'll be practicing my final interview questions and keep updated. Only 7 more months now!

albertotmc
11th Jan 2011, 00:27
This my situation I'm a guy that live in Mexico; I had my FI in August 21in Cancun, Mexico, then in September 19 I received my first "on hold" mail for three months; my friends received a rejection mail so that make me really nervous because I don't really knew what that means; I was very disappointed for no having any info in those three months but few days ago I got a new "on hold" mail for further three months; hopefully I will receive good news soon... I really need a job change jajajajajaja someone in the same situation?????

chichi2010
11th Jan 2011, 00:38
[Text speak]

I_Love_EK
11th Jan 2011, 07:51
A question to those who have received the GC. Who calls you? Is it your recruiter or someone else?

cherie.darling.
11th Jan 2011, 08:21
Had anyone planned on going to the Brisbane Open day this Saturday? I see that it has been "postponed until further notice" due to the floods.

kenyan85
11th Jan 2011, 08:28
First off, I wanna congratulate you for having made it to the FI. That is quite a feat on your part, so pat yourself on the back. Do you know how many people even DREAM of getting an invite to the Assessment Day? Next, I'm gonna say that I agree with Samantha and Purelife and if I may add my two cents worth - I think you want this job TOO MUCH. And trust me, it shows during the interview. I think wanting it too much is picked up by the recruiters, and they put it down in your report. Wanting it too much = Too emotional a personality = Not logical = unsuitable for the job. I've been to the FI twice and both times, I was flustered, nervous, spoke too much, and tried too hard to impress the recruiters. It came as no suprise when I got the Rejection Email. You need to get to a place where you are able to think about this job without eliciting an emotional reaction, and it might take a while. You can fake it during the FI, but I have a feeling that the recruiters are trained to pick up on lies. They would ask you to re-phrase your answer, or ask the same question in another way. They WILL catch you. Honesty is the best way to go. Another thing, you might wanna hold a mock Final Interview with the help of a friend. If you can do this once a week for the next 6 months or so, I believe you'll be good to go during your next FI. I believe you have what it takes - your passion confirms this.

In other news, a girl that I 'trained' in preparation for the Nairobi December Assessment Day got her Golden Call yesterday! Sooo happy for her! If anyone has 21st March as DOJ, please PM and I'll pass your contacts on to her. Maybe I should change careers and become a consultant or recruiter hehe! Her story goes to prove that with commitment, passion and vision, anyone can get accepted into EK.

p.s - For my Kenyan colleagues who post messages on pprune that get deleted, please edit your posts, and use proper grammar when posting. It's becoming a bit embarrassing to see Kenyan posts getting deleted ad nauseam.

Good Luck to All!

ally23x
11th Jan 2011, 08:32
Sam

I believe every advice for the FI is very useful, but I have one thing to add. Regarding "smiling with teeth during the entire FI"...I have to say it is not a reason to eliminate people. I am in, although, at the FI I was smiling all the time, because this is what I do when I am nervous, and I just couldn't control myself :D I was also worried that I will be disqualified because of this but luckily I didn't :p So I guess it depends on each and every person/recruiter/interview.

Good luck to everyone!

ellie 22

Yes I was refering to that test. But there is absolutely no worry if you took the other test too!!! There are a lot of girls that took both tests and now are happy Emirates Cabin Crew :) Just be patient until you receive news from Emirates...try to keep yourself occupied and distracted as much as posible so you mentain a positive attitude about what you have already did at the interview.

perkin1
11th Jan 2011, 09:08
So i just gave my recruitment coordinator a call.. She even remembered me! haha

So she said basically all the male recruitment has been put on hold, and that there are limited spots available for the next few months.

When i asked about the 'on hold' email i recieved on Dec 7 she said that it means you have been selected, and that you will DEFINATELY recieve a call.. She reckons within the next month.

So lets hope she knows what she's talking about!!!

Whatever happens, its good to know that i made it through all the stages and got selected..

cherie.darling.
11th Jan 2011, 10:28
Nikki89 - I got the same email. Canberra has an open day in Feb so maybe they'll trek up to Brissy around then? Or March even?? One of my besties works at the Qantas base at the airport and she's been told to take the whole week off so things aren't looking good for the airport!

jemimah
11th Jan 2011, 11:17
Hi kenyan85, I was wondering if you know anybody who got through in the November open day in Nairobi,and if you know anyone with a DOJ of 7th Feb leaving from Nairobi.So far i only know one other girl,it cant have been only two people who got through.

Am really nervous right now because i got an email telling me to resend my blood work,I have been waiting for my final approval,it all seems soo far away.I hope things will move now,my doj is coming up fast.

Question to anyone who knows;Can someone be rejected at this point?assuming that the medicals are ok.

Dicko17
11th Jan 2011, 19:38
Hey Guys,

Iv just attended a EK assement day and final interview and now im waiting to here if i was succesful, Just a quick question, in regards to the medicals that all applicants have to take, are there any conditions that they strickly forbid, like Epilepsy or Heart Conditions? any help would be fantastic! Thanks Guys xx

BUTTER-FLY
11th Jan 2011, 20:16
Hello averybody, PERKIN 1, I´m on hold too, please let me know your personal data or send me a private message please, I´d like to know some details of what you coul found out, thanks.

oijsx
11th Jan 2011, 20:49
Hey Dicko17! According to the medical form Epilepsy is unnaccaptable, along with some other conditions as well (in the medical form there's a 3-page detailed list of what's acceptable and what's not) As for heart conditions: Unacceptable:
History or diagnosis of:
-Any significant functional or structural abnormality of the circulatory system
-Angina pectoris or Myocardial Infarction
-Coronary heart disease that has been treated or, if untreated, that has been symptomatic or clinically significant;
-Permanent cardiac pacemaker;
-Heart replacement
-Any abnormality of the heart, congenital or acquired, which is likely to interfere with the safe exercise of cabin crew duties.
Hope it helps and good luck!!

URUFLIESDUBAI
11th Jan 2011, 20:54
Hello butter-fly, welcome on board of the "on hold male crew" boat---.
hehehe

toby1236
11th Jan 2011, 22:11
still on hold here as well. no news is good news i guess. :)

charnel
11th Jan 2011, 22:51
and the same boat as for me too :D

perkin1
12th Jan 2011, 02:03
To those guys who got the on hold email.
Private message me with your face book details.
That way we can all keep in touch, and also someone has created a group on there for guys in our same position which i can add you all to.

oijsx
12th Jan 2011, 02:34
Hey all! I have some questions regarding the new joiners candidate portal. In the field 'preferred name', do they want my nick name (e.g. Katie) that would appear on my name badge? Also, 'mother's name': her maiden name (as in my birth certificate) or her post-marriage name(as in her passport)?
As for the passport photos I have to take to Dubai: what do they mean by 'non-digital' photos? Do they want old fashioned film-developed pics, or any non-polaroid will do (and they mean 'non-digital' as it's not on digital device e.g. cd or pendrive)? I don't think there's any place within a 80 km radius from my home where they still do passport pics by the old-fashioned method :confused: Could someone please kindly advise?? Thanks a million!!!

kenyan85
12th Jan 2011, 05:50
Relax sweets, you're already in. They just want to confirm something, or maybe the first copy you sent didn't go through. Your mind is playing tricks on you, ou have nothing to worry about. I'll ask around and see if I can get a Kenyan with the same DOJ as yours. All the best :ok:.

oijsx, they mean film-developed photos. The girl I helped go through was told the same exact thing and the reason they need this particular type is for forensic purposes.I know it's a hassle, but you have to do exactly as they wish, even if it means travelling that far to take the photos. All the best to you too ;)

himmelmat28
12th Jan 2011, 07:01
GRUSS GOTT guy

there are 5 days to my doj and my accomodation and e ticket are still in progress...and i really need to get schedules of my e ticket for booking train ticket from my home to the airport as soon as possible...

snowglobe
12th Jan 2011, 09:43
i think they want film developed photos because on a digital photo, it would be easy to edit it to make your teeth whiter or your skin clearer. They know what they're getting with a film developed photo. At least thats what i'm assuming! :ok:

Milly26
12th Jan 2011, 09:59
Does anyone know what the normal status online would be a few days after the FI? mine has gone to Under review, i only had my FI on Monday. Is this normal while they assemble my file (i still need to send some docs via email).?? :bored:.

snowglobe
12th Jan 2011, 10:18
yes, thats normal. It can stay like that for up to 6 weeks apparently. Then it either changes to "unsuccessful" or "you will be contacted by your recruitment co-ordinator"

jemimah
12th Jan 2011, 10:39
Hi Kenyan85,thanks for your encouragement .I got my advice to resign email today morning at 7;56 am.Am ECSTATIC! I still cant believe how lucky i have been.

I want to thank God for guiding me every step of the way and of course the PPRuNe forum and all its members for great tips.I really had no clue in the beginning but you guys really helped by sharing your experiences.

I will keep on writing about my experiences in hopes to give back a little of what i have gotten from here.

For those still waiting for their GC,for those on hold,for those still going through the hectic medicals,and for those thinking of starting the process at ADs and OPs,I have one advice for you DONT GIVE UP!

expatinaction
12th Jan 2011, 10:46
Photos

When I got mine done it was the same and the man in the photography shop who took them also took the pics for the military and Police I.D's etc. He told me that digital pictures fade (which they do) and that although he took the photos with a digital camera he actually processed them on proper old fashioned Kodak paper and they turned out to be fine and they were accepted.....not by EK but QR I guess it's the same.

Mari
12th Jan 2011, 15:47
Yes, well, same here with the photos. (They were great!!! Slovakia, last minute, the 3rd studio we tried... Getting a bit nervous... Yes, well, it was 5 years ago...) Digital. They accepted them that time... Hm, new times...

FOLLOW THE INSTUCTIONS! Whatever they are, just follow them word by word. You will be fine if you do so.

- Why did you (whoever it is, admins or moderators) delete my post about 'getting to know the accomodation'. When I said: 1-7 days before DOJ. The girl said: "thank you, Mari" and both posts got deleted by someone. Just curious... No text speak or being rude or anything... What was wrong?! Shall I change my password or what?! -

oijsx
12th Jan 2011, 18:37
kenyan85, snowglobe, expatinaction, Mari: thank you very-very much for your answers, great help, I will have the photos the analogue way then:)
Regarding my other concerns, could someone who recently filled out the new joiners form(the one on the candidate portal after the GC) please give me any hints (I emailed HR 3 days ago but no reaction so far)? In the field 'preferred name', do they want my nick name (e.g. Katie) that would appear on my name badge? Also, 'mother's name': her maiden name (as in my birth certificate) or her post-marriage name(as in her passport)? Have a good day guys and thank you so much for the helpful infos, this forum is ace!! Cheers!