PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

imani
6th Apr 2011, 08:16
Hi Tina1.
Great to hear from you as well. i have attended an AD before and i didn't get past the first stage. Common Errors
Here are few of the most common errors that I've researched:

Personal appearance (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/grooming.htm) not up to the desired standards.
Overbearing, overaggressive, egoistical behavior.
Lack of purpose or lack of goal setting.
Inability to co-relate personal qualities to flight attendant duties.
Unable to relate real-world examples when asked behavioral-type questions (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/interviewtips.htm).
Lack of enthusiasm - passive or indifferent.
Inability to listen to the interviewer or poor grasping power; too focused on how you are going to respond.
Making derogatory remarks about your previous employer.
Overemphasis and aggressive on compensation (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/flightattendant-remuneration.htm).
Poor body language.
Concerns over relocation.
Lack of tact, maturity, courtesy.
Evasive, making excuses for unfavorable factors in work history.
Inability to maintain a conversation, poor communication skills (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/cc.htm).
Lack of commitment or direction in thoughts.
Failure to ask questions about the flight attendant (http://www.flightattendantcabincrewtraining.com/) position.
Very little knowledge about the duties and responsibilities of a flight attendant.
Persistent "What can you do for me?" attitude.
Lack of preparation - no knowledge of the airline, resulting in an inability to ask intelligent questions.

After my own self assessment i realized that i wanted it too much, was too nervous and ended up talking too fast and/or poor body language or for whatever reason that's known best to them.
i decided to try again and i applied a month ago to attend the 16/17th AD but unfortunately this time i am not shortlisted:sad:.BUT that is not stopping me:ok:. the next time i hear they are coming here or to Entebbe i will apply.
be patient and wait for your invite. hope you get the job itself.
take care :).

Mari
6th Apr 2011, 08:38
Wife

You get the discounted tickets (unlimited) for your wife after 1 year of service if I remember well. However, you might get 1 id50 and 1 id90 or something like that for her in the first year.

She will get 1 free annual leave ticket in every 18 months. I think she will use flyzed tickets, unlimited, as well after 1 year of service.

Be aware that you might not be able to go home for a long time, as you won't be eligible for vacation during your probation. (You might get, it depends.) You might go for leave after 7-8 months from your date of joining.

She can stay in your apartment up to 60 days a year with the approval of your flatmate.

She will come on Visit Visa. Emirates does not help to arrange residence visa to your wife, she needs to find a job. The employer can sponsor her.

I think you can sponsor her as well, as you are a man. (Girls cannot sponsor the husbands with this salary.) Check it, though.

If you both live in Dubai, you must move out from company accomodation and rent an apartment. Living-out allowance is 45,000 dhs per year for you.

Muslim

You will not get a liquer licence. You are not allowed to keep alcohol in your accomodation. Normally, nobody checks it but who knows... If you like drinking, move in with a non-muslim who has licence.

You can visit the nigtclubs and drink alchol. Nobody checks is. However, do NOT get in trouble. If the police stops you and you are tested positive for alcohol, you might end up in jail. So, behave yourself and don't get into trouble, you will be fine.

Yes, muslims drink and party in Dubai.

Tip: do not declare that you are muslim when filling up your application form. Is it in your passport? If not, say you have "no religion" or you are christian. Problem solved.

nihalnihal
6th Apr 2011, 16:07
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

loowla
6th Apr 2011, 16:53
i did the medicals i am just waiting for feedback. . . .yeah emirates is much more interesting:). . plus those who work there have blogs. . .i don't know what's up with guys at qatar. .i think they have a gag order over there. full non disclosure of what goes on :hmm:. I applied for the AD on the 16th but i am yet to get an invite.

M0909
6th Apr 2011, 17:23
Hallo to everybody. i would like to know, it Open Day and Ass.Day is something different?

I would like to know, if someone pass to final in OD the next stage is what? to wait or there must be some other interview in some other country?

thank you a lot.

nihalnihal
6th Apr 2011, 17:57
ow Okays...i applied for qatar in feb but did not get shortlisted..so now am waiting for this one...

xtheblonde01x
6th Apr 2011, 18:13
Hey Galway girl- Can't believe there were only 6 of you at FI. There was alot at the Belfast openday they brought around 30 through to the AD and then 21 to the Final Interview. 2 were guys the rest girls.

I heard that 2 have got there GC, but I was interviewed a week after as there were too many for them to do in 2 days. I think the FI went okay I could have done better with some answers but I diid'nt stumble or anything. I had to do the logic test, Did you? Have any of your group heard anything? I'm hoping they would have rejected me at this stage if they were going too. Typical I found this forum after interview as it would definitely have helped!!!! Fingers crossed for us. Keep me updated on your status and I'll hopefully be seeing you in Dubai!!

zarah.k
6th Apr 2011, 18:33
The Open Day is an information session where the recruiters tell you more about the cabin crew position. You might wanna do some research as they will ask open questions like 'What do you know about Emirates?' So, it will be an open discussion about when it started, what are the destinations they fly to, what do you know about Dubai, how many cabin crew. It is not necessary to monopolize the conversation and answer all the questions. Just do some research about the company and you will be fine.

The Assessment Day is conducted after the first selection. When the first part is over, either you come back the next day or AD is the same day. It depends of your location, how many candidates showed up, was the first selection done by an agency. You will received the Golden Paper which will tell you if you are successful or not to go to the next stage.

I suggest you go over the whole thread : you will find answers to your questions and more.

To give you an idea of the selection process :

Open Day (OD) : Depending on country, done by agency or EK.
Assessment Day (AD) : Group activity, English Test, IPQT (Intellectual and Personality Quotient Test) If unsuccessful, you have to wait 6 months to re-apply.
Final Interview (FI) : Usually conducted by two (2) recruiters. Some candidates might be asked to complete a logic test, the Raven's Progressive Matrice Test.
***** 4-6 weeks to get results : Be patient. *****

Email : Rejection and you have to wait 12 months to re-apply.
Golden call (GC) : See you in Dubai in few weeks!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Z

Abide
6th Apr 2011, 19:39
Has any Kenyan received an invitation to the emirates AD in April 16 to the 17 2011?

Worried, because my status is stil applied and they are coming to Nairobi in the next ten days!Yikes!Is it a bad sign?

M0909
6th Apr 2011, 20:18
Dear Zarah,

thank you so so much for your information, the OD is made by Emirates, and i guess they will stay for whole weekend.

I hope i pass till FI.... and i hope i dont need to travel from europe for last interview around the world.. :-(

so lets see what happens during the weekend in czech republic.

emiratesgrl
6th Apr 2011, 20:27
thank you Mari I'm relieved, you are a gem indeed ! :) In my former passport no religious information was involved I'll wait and see the new one next week. In my identity, there is a religion part though. Anyways, I will figure out somehow. Partying is not the reason I want to be there but that's what we are used to doing here and I also want to socialize with my EK crew and do something together after long flights. Hope to see you in Dubai :)

CabinCrewDreamer
6th Apr 2011, 20:54
imani (http://www.pprune.org/members/352737-imani) thank you for sharing the ´´errors info´´ very valuable and interesting to read!

M0909
6th Apr 2011, 21:25
maths test is just crazy...."!!!!!!:ugh:

Lui.x
6th Apr 2011, 21:49
Well, after reading the comment about the common mistakes someone can do in an interview, I'm afraid I will soon receive the rejection e-mail :ooh: I had my final interview just some days ago here in London, on the 31th of March and I cannot stop thinking about what I said or not. At first I though I did ok, since I answered all the questions using good examples and I related the answers to qualities that they are looking for when interviewing candidates. However, when she asked me if I had any question I just said that I didn't have any since all the information was well explained in the guidelines they sent us and in the website. :uhoh: It seems this failure will cost my dream! Well, let's hope after one year I don't make the same mistake!

swimming_gal
6th Apr 2011, 21:57
Don't worry about not asking the interviewer a question during the interview. I was asked at the end of mine and I told her that I didn't feel at the time that I had any questions, because everything was reviewed and any concerns I had were answered during the introduction 2 days earlier. I still got hired, so if everything else went great, you shouldn't have any worries. Best of luck!

Tina1
6th Apr 2011, 22:05
[Text speak]

zarah.k
6th Apr 2011, 22:05
The tips are just a guideline. It wouldn't be better if you ask questions that makes you look like you haven't done any research prior the FI. If you didn't have, it's ok not to ask. Keep your hopes up until you have the answer!

Z

PrimaveraCero
6th Apr 2011, 23:13
Hi all!
I'm writing from Argentina, and I'm really interested in being cabin crew for Emirates! Won't be applying anytime soon, though, as I have to finish university first (or at least 5 final exams that are pending :ugh: ) Maybe somewhere inbetween the end of this year and beggining of next, we'll see.

Anyone from my country over here?
I read today that in 2012 Emirates will begin landing in Buenos Aires via Rio! Thats awesome news!!
Well, off to first thread to pull an all-nighter reading this info...

:ok:

windsummer
7th Apr 2011, 01:35
Hi, I am ex-Emirates Crew and I am thinking of rejoining Emirates now.

Is there anyone who were able to rejoin Emirates here?

I understand that we have to send the rejoining application form to the cabin crew center and they will review and let us know if we can rejoin or not.

I am just wondering if you could give me some advice what I should write and should NOT write in the application form as they are several questions to answer.

I would apprecaite if you could give me some advice.

Thank you very much in advance!

zarah.k
7th Apr 2011, 03:51
Ppruner Aeromar27 explains the rejoining process to the best of his knowledge.

It can be find on page 74, #1468 :

For rejoining, the best you can do is contact your former cabin crew manager. She will forward your request to recruitment, who will send you a series of documents and forms that you must fill up in order to rejoin.

You can only rejoin if it hasn't been more than some 6 months since you left the company (I am not sure about the exact number of months though). It was something like, if you decided to rejoin within 6 months after leaving, then you might rejoin just by making a phone call and wouldn't even have to go through training, provided your SEP hadn't expired. If you tried rejoining between 6 months and 2 years after leaving the company, then you could rejoin without having to go through a selection process, but you might need to go through training. I'm not sure if you would retain your previous staff number and/or grade. Again, I am not sure about the exact timings.

If you try to rejoin after 2 years or more, you have to join from scratch, as in attending an open day, which is what I'm about to do. I really have no idea whether having had a previous experience with emirates is an advantage or a disadvantage to be honest (hope it's the former). They will obviously take your previous record into consideration and that record has to be flawless.

Rejoining and going through initial training and starting all from scratch is well worth it, so, good luck!

Z

Abide
7th Apr 2011, 05:51
Is there anyone who has been invited for the AD scheduled for April 16-17 2011 in Nairobi??:rolleyes:

Abide
7th Apr 2011, 06:21
[Text speak]

mimi294
7th Apr 2011, 06:37
this AD seems to be with less people,many people are still waiting for invites .....me included:uhoh:

I guess i will never make it for qatar cc considering they want 23 years and above so the only hope for all those on 21years is Emirates

Anyone who has an invite please tell us what will happen incase we miss out.....why are there no open days in Kenya lately?

Abide
7th Apr 2011, 06:44
I heard that there was an OD in Jan but am nt sure.Had you also applied for Emirates?

mimi294
7th Apr 2011, 06:48
yes i applied for the AD.....maybe they are taking those who were in the OD then,,,i applied on 21st march,,,,hope that was not late:{when did you apply?

loowla
7th Apr 2011, 07:49
abide
my pals applied sometime last year. but i read somewhere in this forum that they send invites 4-7 days to the AD . .so there's still plenty of time to get the invite. . you cant give up when you've not even started. have some faith :} :} :}

i applied on the 29th and three days later my status changed from applied to under review. . its still like that.. . .i am an optimist i know the invite will come :} :}. IT BETTER!!!:E

imani
7th Apr 2011, 07:56
Hi Lui.x
relax and don't over think what you did wrong or right. if everything else was great then no need to worry girl. have some positive energy.i think the "lack of intelligent questions" error is during the assessment day where some people have the nerve to ask stuff like 'how much will i be paid', 'if i get pregnant how long will my leave be', 'how soon can i go home' and blah blah blah. wait for your GC:D
Cabincrewdreamer, how are you? you are welcome. i just came across it (errors) and i had to share.:).

little dazzling
7th Apr 2011, 08:04
Hey peeps!

I got my accommodation details, is Obaidulla Building 2, Al Qusais! I search and read that it is actually quite far from the city and the building is noisy and not very clean with the surrounded industrial areas :uhoh:

But still it is nearer to the airport and HQ, so I guess I should be happy if I could
back home earlier after work!

Can I ask how normally people get to the city from the building? since taking cab is expensive there:\

Anyone DOJ on 13th April?

Abide
7th Apr 2011, 08:09
[Text speak]

akoti19
7th Apr 2011, 08:53
[Text speak]

hangulsarang
7th Apr 2011, 10:45
hello
i've been reading around here and i saw that i have to carry two suitcases with a total of 50kg,so is it possible to carry only one with that much weight?

i bought a big suitcase only for that matter lol now i read that i need two

silverstuff
7th Apr 2011, 15:58
I also haven't got an invite yet! But my pal applied in March & 2 weeks later she got it!

Abide
7th Apr 2011, 16:05
[Text speak]

SOPS
7th Apr 2011, 16:31
little dazle taxis are very cheap here..if you think they are expensive then Dubai is not for you

PrimaveraCero
7th Apr 2011, 23:16
Good evening, afternoon or morning (I remind myself of Truman Show...)

So no argentinians in the forum for the moment... Do the CC pprunes over here know any argentinians already working there in Dubai? :)

I can't wait to finish university to apply for EK! One ex coworker of mine is cabin crew now and I'm dreaming whenever I see her travel photos on internet... Just great.

Here in my country recruitment is made through Top Fly Recruitment Agency, from what I've heard and read, you send your CV to them and they do the screening and call you for an appointment that is held in a major city such as Buenos Aires.
Same agency works in Uruguay and Colombia.

akoti19
8th Apr 2011, 14:53
what happened to Kenya-Emirates wannabe forum?cant seem to locate it.

Seja
8th Apr 2011, 15:59
Hi there, I recently flew with a lovely argentinian girl, and today with another one, so at least two of them are here ;-)

KingofEK
8th Apr 2011, 16:22
hello Peeps !

I would like to say congratulations for those who made it like little dazzling and the others !

I'm sorry for Teddy and may 26 but don't loose hope guys !

PrimaveraCero good luck !

Well, tomorrow will be the assessment day and i'm working like a good pupil ! I'm reviewing my notes for the group interview and hope to go so far within the stages , I would love to make it to the F.I so fingers crossed for me !

Will let you know about the details as soon as possible!
Cheers

Saab Dastard
8th Apr 2011, 16:56
what happened to Kenya-Emirates wannabe forum?cant seem to locate it.

There is only one Emirates recruitment thread - this one. Any and all others get merged into this.

Same goes for all the other airlines threads.

SD

kenyan85
8th Apr 2011, 20:34
loowla ~ yes I have an invite already.

on to the next issue ~ so I am preparing diligently, especially for my final interview since I am almost certain that is where I failed last time. I am writing down behavioural questions I think I might encounter and their answers, and practising them out loud. I have found this to be very beneficial for me because I have noticed I tend to go on this superfluous explanations when answering such questions. I think the best advice I can give someone preparing for such questions is *keep it short, keep it simple*. Make sure your scenarios have a logical flow to them (describe the situation, describe the steps taken to deal with situation,describe the outcome). It's that simple.

Six days and counting...better get started on my meditation exercises now...

Enjoy your weekend guys!

EffortlesslyCool
8th Apr 2011, 20:56
I was at the New York Open Day it went well over 300 people showed up I was one of the 23 that they selected for a final interview. Its is now 6 weeks after we are still waiting to hear.....IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE FROM NEW YORK? Have you recieved you DOJ, another girl and I are calling them like crazy but we cant get a straight answer. Please help.

Ek hope
8th Apr 2011, 21:56
Hello good people
I will be attending the AD in Nairobi on 17th (sunday) and i would like to know what to carry on this day. Is it also okey to have nail polish.
Cheers

ekcc
9th Apr 2011, 06:05
Hey. I know a girl that attended the FI in NYC and she received her GC 3 weeks after the FI. She is actually moving to Dubai in a couple weeks... Don't let that discourage you though! Emirates has so many apps to go through and they are probably all jumbled up. Let us know what happens.

imani
9th Apr 2011, 07:39
hi everyone

i would like to know if its okay for me to open a new profile in the EK careers page with a different email?

Akoti19, deary don't take what Kenyan85 said personally:) and best of luck in your AD:ok:.Keep us posted.

mimi294
9th Apr 2011, 07:50
please dont open another one,,,i tried that trick....only to open the account register and include all infor....changed my name and new email,,,,only three days later i saw Not shortlisted!instead of crying i laughed :O:Oi could feel as though my ribs were cracking,,,,so now i am stuck with my old account which is still application under review:sad:

maria3
9th Apr 2011, 12:58
hi mimi294,silverstuff and abide just wanted to let you know that it is unlikely that EK are still sending out invites.so far iv noticed many received their invites mid-march thats because EK usually send their invites 3 weeks before the preliminaries.and when they do , everyone who gets it receives it at the same time or day.otherwise don't loose hope you never know......however i read from an older post that someone got theirs 10 days to the preliminaries.
kenyan 85-:)you LUCKY GUY!WISH YOU THE BEST.hey continue to keep us updated.cheers!

akoti19
9th Apr 2011, 15:16
All the best to all hopefuls. see you on the Nairoibi 16th or 17th:}:} AD

Daisy Akinyi
9th Apr 2011, 16:16
Just a special advice...people might not take it seriously but its indeed very IMPORTANT...they have indicated that you put on knee high skirt...please...let it be knee high..not shorter or longer than that...avoid using screaming colors as lipsticks, get nude colors...again, avoid lip gloss too. Then most importantly, don't go there with a weave or a wig...above all, remember not to talk a lot and keep smiling. Otherwise, all the best:ok:

Aeromar27
9th Apr 2011, 18:12
Good that you point that out. Today i went to an open day and saw applicants wearing tracksuits, jeans, shorts... a "cool" guy had dreadlocks and a girl was even wearing an old emirates uniform replica and a scarf with a USA flag pattern. I mean, seriously!?

If you don't even get close to Emirates' grooming standards, how on earth do you expect to be successful?

KingofEK
9th Apr 2011, 18:58
Hello everybody !

Well , i'm back home after the Assessment day but unfortunately received the rejection paper at the end of the day. I passed presenting candidates, then writing test and a 1st group discussion, it is in the 2nd group discussion that i wasn't successful ...
I really don't know what went wrong cause i have followed such advices of not to lead the group and not to talk too much , i smiled a LOOOT, went well groomed, Still don't know why i didn't went further....

I'm soo frustrated as i have prepared the interview very very good... but life goes on and i try not to loose hope ...

Cheers

M0909
9th Apr 2011, 20:28
I also didnt make it today with emirates....

life...

URUFLIESDUBAI
9th Apr 2011, 21:48
Hi there everybody!!
anyone joining on april 25th?

PrimaveraCero
10th Apr 2011, 02:29
Seja Thanks! Was any of them called Isabel by the way? That's the girl I know from a previous job.

KingofEK Sorry to read that you didn't make it this time. But keep on trying! Do you know if some others in your 2nd debate group made it to the FI? If so, what did they do as oppossed to what you did and how you talked...
If you want to tell us the topic you discussed and more or less what people said, that'd be great... maybe we can try to figure out what happened.

All the best everyone!

swimming_gal
10th Apr 2011, 03:04
I was at the New York interview and I got my call in less than 3 weeks. 2 weeks after my interview, I got an email asking me to declare any tattoos I had. And then I got my call 1 week after I sent the form back to them.

Coco05
10th Apr 2011, 05:20
This might not be as helpful to the aspiring new crew but regarding the leave for new joiners...

I joined last Nov 29 and has finally given a leave date on June,a few days after my probation and graduation. A few of my batchmates have been given theirs before our graduation,some time around May. So approximately,it could take 4-5 months before you could go on leave which is not bad at all.

In our case, we didn't get to bid for our leave dates. The company allocated it to us,but they have still given us the option to change it,granted it is possible.

mimi294
10th Apr 2011, 06:21
maria3
thanks for telling us,,,,maybe i could try next time to apply sooner and wont miss the chance....:(well now i have no other choice but wait and its worse seems they come kenya after 3months which is so whack:ugh:

Daisy Akinyi
please tell me the weave thing is a joke,,,,but i have a friend who works for emirates and wears them.....my hair is very long but pure natural and with hair like that i dont know how i will look with only blowdry,,,,yeeks

Akoti,Kenyan85,Ek Hope........success on all your ADs,,,,do your best you are lucky to have a chance like this:ok::ok:

Abide,Imani dont loose hope there will be your chances for you too ;);)

cheers!

Josiejo
10th Apr 2011, 10:28
Hi,
I am currently 34 and have just had my FI with Emirates, I am wondering what the age range is like working for Emirates? I've been reading most of the posts on here and the age range seems to be mostly 20s, which is great but If I get the job I don't want to be feeling a bit past it.

Are there many cabin crew above 30?Let me know please.

EK wannabe
10th Apr 2011, 11:10
hello all; congratulations to those that got invites and are preparing for their AD. it's quite sad that i have applied several times and i have been denied an invite. worst bit of it all is that i don't even get a normal reply just a hanging status that 'Applied' is all that appears on my profile even past the AD's that i have applied for. i feel so sad :{ and makes me feel they don't even wonna take a look at my application. Seven months down the road and no AD listed in Entebbe, Uganda. i was even ready to travel to Nairobi for the AD on the 16/17 but still no invite hmmm....indeed patience pays but pains this is way too much don't know how i'm going to overcome this bad feeling:(:(:sad:

Mari
10th Apr 2011, 12:07
There are some crew over 30. Around 30% of the new-joiners are between 28 and 34. People usually stay 3-5 years if they like it. Mostly, only pursers are over 40.

How are the new-joiners? Look at the videos on youtube. Just search emirates cabin crew training or graduation.

You will enjoy the parties, I'm sure. Hopefully, your flatmate will be a mature girl...

Let us know the result!!!!!

mimi294
10th Apr 2011, 17:17
when i was reading your post i felt sorry for you and to myself too because my status is just hanging @ application under review....its like we are forgotten,,,,i think you need to improve on the whole profile for emirates,,,,then remain hopeful....;)

Daisy Akinyi
10th Apr 2011, 18:19
Dear, the interviewer wants to see the natural you...avoid the plastic look as much as you can, you can put on those weaves after you have been employed, ok?...AVOID WEAVES... they'll feel like that you are trying to be something or somebody else and that shows complex...you are better of looking natural...wishing you all the best...i know you are now counting days...dont forget to wear that sweet face with a lovely smile:D

EK wannabe
Dont worry... about them not calling for an interview...my pal waited for 4years and when she got an invite, she made it and now she works for EK...another chic also attended the AD last year...she was from Congo...she did a walk-in and in her mind she knew it was a mistake but still pulled through...sometimes, you just have to take risks to get what you want...if you have applied so many times without feedback...its good to try out your luck. All the same, remember...we are here to advice and help one another but again the wise decision lies with you, you can either chose to be patient or try a walk-in..all the best though

Coco05
10th Apr 2011, 19:57
Josiejo

In my batch,there were at least 3 people that are over 30 so you are fine :)

EK Wannabe

Is this an invite for an AD? Because if its just an OD then you don't need an invite. My friend even got an email after completing the online application that she is not short listed but was able to attend an OD.

Josiejo
10th Apr 2011, 20:27
Thanks for the response, I'm glad to hear that over 30s are getting through!!!
My flatmate? hopefully mature but i'm sure whatever age she is we'll have fun, Now just waiting for the GC!Thanks again guys :ok:

KiErA
10th Apr 2011, 20:44
hi everyone! i'm new here. i have some questions. i used to work for etihad. now i'm trying my luck with emirates. i've completed an online application on ek website few weeks ago but haven't heard from them yet. my status is still applied. i also registered myself for an open day in poland. is it ok if i just walk in for this open day as i'm not polish? thanks a lot!!!

KingofEK
10th Apr 2011, 23:06
Dear Peeps !

As i was tired yesterday , i couldn't share my assessment day with you and all the related details ! ( Remember i was not shortlisted in the Tunis, Tunisia AD)

First of all , we were 73 preselected candidates . At the entry , we were given our numbers and were asked to give the recuiters our invitations and our I.D .

Then, we all went to a room in where the Two pretty ladies from EK's Human resources joined us : Helena from lebanon and a lady that i forgot her name from morocco . They did a number of video screenings about life in Dubai, the A380 experience and life as Cabin crew.

After that, Helena from Lebanon started such a speech while the moroccan one was sitting and seemed like she was reviewing the C.V's.

The lebanese girl who was giving the speech was very professional and good looking.
She told us about what will happen once we join as an ab-initio, about life in dubai and shared with us her experience as an ex-emirates Cabin crew .

Then she told us if we had any questions !

I asked her what the training is going to be like and i got the answer ...

Then she told us if someone has the information on what was the first emirates destination... i answered Karachi..

At about 10:30 , she divided us in 5 groups , asked the 1st and 2nd group to stay to do the first assessment. I had to come back after 45 minutes with the 3rd and 4th group since my number was 44 .

Once we went back, we were 2 groups ( 20 on each) they told us to sit in a circle and ask the candidate on our left/right handside if he/she would have to be invisible for 24 hours, what he/she could do?

Each one has to discuss with the person on his left/right hand side,know about the person's wishes, stand up and tell the recruiter about.
My idea was that i would know all the truth about my friends and distinguish if they were truthful or lying.

While we were discussing ( so before we were asked to give them the answers) , they called our numbers for an arm reach test 212cm on tip toes . When meeting the lady, i gave her a firm handshake since i was the only one that did that !Then , she asked me a couple of questions like If i was studying at the moment and if i did cabin crew training ( the conversation lasted about 20 seconds )

I have received the Congratulations paper...

Once this was done, both of the recruiters asked us to come in 30 minutes to do the writing test . They have explained to us that because our native language is Arabic and the training in DXB will be in english , so it is mandatory to do it.

The test was very easy and they told us that it will last for 60 minutes.

We've been given 2 papers, one formed the questions and the other the answers . There was a text ( reading comprehension about non qualified people massively recruited in summer and their miscommunication when dealing with customers ) , we had a Multiple questions choice . Then, a vocab exercice containing boxes like ( PLEASE KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE , or THERE IS NO BEVERAGE SERVICE OUTSIDE ) and the given answers were like :
A) Beverage is only served Inside
B) There is no waiter outside
C) Only authorised persons are permitted to drink inside
D) Beverage is prohibited outside

You need a lot of concentrations since some answers seem to be the same thing like A and B in this example

The vocab was about 15 boxes like this example.

And an another exercice was about a small text passage .We had to choose among the answers if it was an article , a cover letter or a poem..

Then the writing was about : Please write down 3 personality traits you would like to improve in yourself , and this is what i wrote :

- sometimes i underestimate myself in dealing with a situation, i think i will not reach my goals but i always try to handle the situation by being confident and by tring new things
- When i'm verbally agressed, i always keep my thoughts deep inside and never react
- I have neglected my friends and my relatives since i was focused on my Baccalaureate, i could improve it by tring to satisfy every person's needs

Then, we were asked to come back in 30 minutes ( at this stage, from the 73 candidates we were about 35 people)

I again received the congratulations paper. The lady told as that during the stages , they were not allowed to do a self feedback on what went wrong and told us that the only feedback they could give is on the english test . If someone wasn't successful, he might work on his english .

I was so excited !!!! 2 congratulations !! wow !:D

The next assessment was a Teamwork exercice ( the first one) .
Both recruiters divided us into 2 groups ( 8 each) and asked us to discuss about : " If we were the managers of a new airline company , WHat 5 things we would do to let passengers come back again.

We have discussed for about 15 minutes , i was smiling a lotttttt, didn't cut off people when they were talking, tried to be supportive and soo confident , the ladies were frequently observing us and seemed to take some notes.
I was asked to stand up and give the idea but i was laughing a lot at the time i was asked to do so ! My contribution was to Add a skyNanni within the crew to take care of children during the flight!

Then , again received a congratulations paper!
We were asked to come back in 40 minutes for the last teamwork test ( the last one before the F.I)

- We were 2 groups ( 5 each) , we were given papers in where the exercice was written and it was about :

- You are the managers of a restaurant and it is a saturday night .the First Chief Kitchen is sick and is at home, the second chief has a little experience and you have 10 tables to serve, 3 tables had their dessert, 4 tables have finished their entry and waiting for the main menu and 3 others are waiting for their dessert.
After a 15 minutes of discuss, i haven't contrributed a lot but listened a lot while the others were speaking a lot !! I ( TRIED) to be smiling a lot but felt i will not succeed and i don't know why !!

The 2 ladies seemed to observe me more than the others and seemed to gossip about me... I don't know why...
At the end of the exercice, we all agreed to give some refreshments for those who are waiting the main menu because it will take a long time to be prepared while the desserts will be prepared at the same time...

I said that we have to keep it really professional so to motivate the waiters which are the face of the restaurant , and to expect the arrival of new customers so agreed with what others said .

When we have finished , the two ladies called our numbers and we 've had a small tchat with one of them if we have been rejected by the past of getting a visa to the U.S, and the last school achievement we've succeeded, If we have a birthmark or a tattoo and they've finally asked us what was our native language.

30 minutes later while an another group was doing the exercice, me and 2 other guys received the unsuccessful paper !!
This was the day Peeps !!! I was very very disappointed as I'm hooked on Aviation.....i was nealy to cry for it...:(
I tell myself that at least i have lived the experience so i know a lot more about the process .. And have tested my fluency in English but NO REGRETS :=... LIFE GOES ON REALLY.....

For the F.I, 14 people will make it Tomorrow !!

Sorry if i did some mistakes in writing as there were many details and i was writing very fast!
I hope this will help you to make it and feel free to give me any feedback on things that seemed to you went wrong...

Cheers!!!!

Rajubangaya_gentlema
11th Apr 2011, 06:59
[Text speak]

migale
11th Apr 2011, 13:03
Hey loolwa,
I also applied on the 29th,my status is still reading under review so praying to get an invite.if not am sure they will be back so not giving up yet

akoti19
11th Apr 2011, 14:23
[Text speak]

mimi294
11th Apr 2011, 15:19
i was also confused like you,,,,they must have wanted the first few people who applied,,,the selections were done so fast,well am waiting for next time....jeez!and the way they dont come here often:(!!!!!!!!anyway,,,,lets remain hopeful,if it is possible they send invites this week by wednesday i would be the happiest gal ever,,,,,:)

danny21
11th Apr 2011, 16:14
Hi All,

Just 5 more days to my OD and I'm overflowing with excitement (i hope it holds till Saturday) I have to thank all of you for sharing experiences tips and advice. I feel like i am prepared for any scenario that i may be faced with now. This is my third attempt hopefully this time will be the charm.

Pictures.............done
CV....................done
Neat hair, manicured nails, natural makeup, freshly dry cleaned suit, check, check, check and check,
Extra stocking, hand cream and clean shoes, all check.

Ability to answer the following questions or similar while maintaining a warm friendly disposition,

Where do you work right now?
What do you do their?
Do you like it?
Why do you want to be Cabin Crew?

Absolutely perfect.
Now i need to pray and Smile Smile Smile:):):).

Congrats to all receiving their GC:D. Good Luck to everyone who is waiting or attempting OD's and AD's around the world:ok:.

I will be sharing again on Saturday.
Take care all.

Danny

May26
11th Apr 2011, 17:40
Everyone,sorry for neglecting a little bit the discussion overhere (especially to Teddy and King of Ek but I have had an interesting experience with Qatar as I went to the OD in Bucharest and made it to the FI.
Now, i am in a little bit of confusion...I don't really know if to wait until September (when my waiting period of 6 months expires) or try my chance with Qatar (if I will receive the successfull email..).
I know all the bad things talked about Qatar but the opinions are divided...
Any piece of advice?
Anyway, good luck Danny fot the OD (fingers crossed!) and King of Ek...I cannot belive that you made it so far and still received the unsuccesfull note when you were allmost there...I admire you a lot for the strength as I was devasted for allmost one week and couldn't recover only after receiving the first rejection note...
Be strong and believe in you dream!!
I am also doing it but know has appeared this chance with Qatar and I don t really know what to do:{..
Hugs,
May

emiratesgrl
11th Apr 2011, 18:56
Guys, especially who are concerned, Turkey ADs are postponed again. But no worries, we can still try our luck in other countries ODs or ADs.

iio78
11th Apr 2011, 20:09
guys is it true that at the moment female candidates files have priority in front of male candidates?

kenyan85
11th Apr 2011, 21:26
Glad to hear from you again dear! I think you should take the qatar offer. You can always move to EK later ~ maybe after two years of QR. I knew you were gonna achieve something amazing, your energy and overall vibe is extraordinary. Congratulations once more, and count yourself lucky to get this opportunity.

want_to_fly
11th Apr 2011, 23:46
Im not sure if females gets priority over males. But I do know a few months back male candidates do get a later GC and was put in a 3 months holding pool. Eventually those who were put on hold all got their GC. The reason for this is so they can balance the amount of male and female candidates in the training the school. Mari mentioned a few months back there was one class which was nearly all male candidates so I dont think there are any bias selection.

Anyway good luck and congrats to those who made it to the FI!

Anyway attending the Brisbane OD in May?

PrimaveraCero
12th Apr 2011, 03:00
Hello everyone! Just checking in over here with a question, I'm reading this thread since part 1 (I'm currently in part 2) and wanted to ask you all, specially the ones who are already working at EK if you've heard of any crew who got sent home because of tattoos, or if you heard of someone who had them removed with laser to get in?
Thanks!

iio78
12th Apr 2011, 07:19
thank you for your response

migale
12th Apr 2011, 08:47
[Text speak]

imani
12th Apr 2011, 10:43
Hi Migale and fellow kenyans.
well last year EK came to Kenya in July, August(Mombasa),September, November, December and January.so they will definitely be back, probably sooner than we think:ok:.Cant wait to try again.
take care everyone.

EK wannabe
12th Apr 2011, 11:47
COco05
oh yeah it's an AD therefore strictly by invite. wish there was an OD around but unfortunately EK doesnot conduct Open days in Entebbe/Uganda nor Nairobi

mimi294 / Daisy Akinyi
thanks for the advise. i thought i was going through this alone. Wish you all the best too!

Teddy_86
12th Apr 2011, 12:31
Hi, guys! I had my AD in Sunday and I made it to the FI! I''m really happy now, but I'm also so nervous and scared, because my FI is tomorrow! If somebody can give me an advice, I will definitely appreciate! I think I have lost my mind now and I need your support!
On the OD appeared about 200 people. We looked 2-3 presentations and we had to drop our Cvs and pictures and wait for them to call us back for the AD on the next day. They called me at 6pm and I was very happy. In Sunday we were about 60-70 people and we were divided in 4 groups. The 1st and the 2nd group had to enter the hall and had a discussion. We had to ask the person sitting to our right about one thing which is not written in his/her CV. We had the reach test during this discussion. The next discussion was about 5 advantages of Pepsi which made it better than Coca Cola. We had to leave the room and wait for the Congratulations/ Regrets Papers.
We had the English test, which seemed a bit confusing for me, but it is not so difficult. Congrats/ Regrats again.
We had one more discussion which topic was Who are 5 persons symbols of 21st Century. We had to decide and explain why.
It was really long day, we stayed at the hotel till 23 o'clock! We even had no time to do the psychometric test and we were told that we would have it done at home.

baccrat
12th Apr 2011, 12:44
@Teddy_86 I was rejected after the FI too... The best advice I can give you is to make a little introspection.... Maybe then you will be able to remember if you said something wrong, or negative, or pessimistic in your past FI.... Because i think there's no secret in this stage of FI.... You just have to look good and seem you fit in this job.. and you have to make the recruiter think that...

I know it's hard and you must be soooooooooooooo scared... Because you know how itr feels receiving the rejection mail that dooms you to a whole year of waiting... But that doesn't matter now... the thing is that now you have ALL THE POSSIBILITIES to make it happen and make it good.... just that little thing... never say ANYTHING negative or pessimistic... hahaha like if you were taking prozac... awwww everything is nice and wonderful and... But be yourself... and trust in yourself... You made it once to the FI, and now you made it TWICE.... you know what I think? You definitelly have SOMETHING special, so believe in yourself and make it happen!!!

P.S. Are you a boy teddy?

Teddy_86
12th Apr 2011, 13:03

swimming_gal
12th Apr 2011, 13:22
Teddy, good luck to you! Just remember for your interview to be yourself and DON'T try to impress them. When you do that, you don't seem real and authentic. You have to be a real person and someone people on the plane can relate to. They asked me questions like... Tell me about a time when you had to break a rule at your job... When have you ever thought a customer made an unrealistic request... Tell me about a disagreement you had with a coworker... What characteristics do you dislike in a coworker. If you answer all of those positively and say that you've never had a disagreement or broken a rule, they are going to know that you are not being honest. Everyone does it! They don't necessarily care what your answer is, it's how you answer the question! So I admitted during my FI that I've broken a rule, not gotten along with people I've worked with, etc. And I got the GC! Just be who you are , because you are good enough :D

baccrat
12th Apr 2011, 13:49
Don't be afraid Teddy.... Just cross your fingers and be patient... you will make it... maybe they just simply don't realize or even don't care since your profile has followed the whole path to Dxb... Look at it like an investment for them...

Swimming_gal... if it's not too much asking... Could you please explain briefly what did you answer about the disagreeing co-worker? That's one of the questions I don't know how to answer... Even when i'm being very asertive.... The situation always looks violent to me... Pleeeeeeeeeease...

ozzybird915
12th Apr 2011, 14:15
Hey everyone, quick question regarding the recruting age for Emirates...I'm turning 21 in September, and Emirates have an Open Day in my home town in the middle of May...one of the current cabin crew I've spoken to says you can be 20 at time of applying as long as you're 21 when you commence work...does anybody know how long the application process would take and if it's worth me going to this one or waiting til next year, because there would be 4 months between then and September?

Thanks alot!

RiRi25
12th Apr 2011, 15:36
hey, you are correct. you don't need to be 21 at the FI, but only once you commence the job. we had a girl in our FI group who turned 21 after her GC, so its fine, bc either way it takes about 3 months from the FI til you actually fly to dxb :)

gen6
12th Apr 2011, 16:47
Hi guys :) I'm just filling in the Online Joiner's Form in the Emirates portal, on under the ,,dependants,, section there is an option to add Friends, Cousin, Uncle, Aunt etc. Usually the people added to this section are the ones who are going to get discount on tickets and other benefits.However as far as I understood only my parents ( mother&father) can have ticket discounts and spouse (if not single) . My question is if I add friends here on this section, do they eventually get some ticket discounts and other benefits or not if yes, how many friends can I add?

Thank you!

swimming_gal
12th Apr 2011, 16:57
Baccrat... I answered the question very truthfully. I had a job for a year where I traveled and stayed with a coworker. We were fine in the beginning but we ran into problems, but in our job field and our personal lives. So I explained that in my interview and told them that yes, I did not get along with her and sometimes when you spend a lot of time with someone you run into problems like these. However, I was being paid to do my job and I didn't let our disagreements affect the quality of my work. Whatever problems we had, we discussed in private and off the clock, but I knew we were there to do a job and we had toput our problems aside and place our company first.

trizakalerwa
13th Apr 2011, 07:36
Hello all,
Just a quick question hope that there is someone who is able to answer me. Is it normal to not hear anything from EK for 3 to 4 months and you did your final interview and status still reads Under review. Also they haven't said that someone is on hold or something. I'm just too confused and would appreciate your responses. Thank you.

loowla
13th Apr 2011, 08:50
if i am not wrong, after the FI your status should change from "under review" to "approval in progress" . i think you should have called them by now just to know what happened. Just try and get in touch with Hr and ask about the status of your application. i hear they are pretty polite and they will definitely get back to you asap.

Gabriella
13th Apr 2011, 10:07
Hello everybody, i have a question about my status, after my FI i created an account on their site using the e-mail i provided for them in my CV, although i i've already had an account with a different e-mail adress( which they don't know about). On the account with my official e-mail( the one that i gave to them) it states '' approval in progress'' (the status appeared one week after the final interview) and on my second account my status changed today from applied to Under review (2 weeks and a half after FI). Which one do i have to follow? the second one does not give such good news, isn't it?:((((( i was so happy with my first status....

migale
13th Apr 2011, 12:42
[Text speak]

Teddy_86
13th Apr 2011, 15:21
Guys, thank you so much for the support! You are great and you all deserve to make your dream come true!
Today was my FI, it was standart and quite short. As I am superstitious, I don't want to write about it, I am sure that you would understand! I just relax now and I even don't want to think whether it went good or bad. I will tell you when I have some kind of answer, no matter GC or rejection mail, but right now I just prefer to think what to do here and now. I wish you all the best and I will keep writing here.

Timlim127
13th Apr 2011, 15:26
Hey teddy, where did you have your interview? what city?

flying around
13th Apr 2011, 19:11
Hi everybody,
I had my final interview on 20/3.
Today my status changed from 'under review' to 'approval in progress'
What does that means?? Can anyone help me with that?
By the way good luck to all of you...

Timlim127
13th Apr 2011, 19:42
hey it means that your GC is on its way! Congratulations!

swimming_gal
13th Apr 2011, 20:58
That does not necessarily mean you will get the GC. I have seen a few people whose status has changed and gotten the rejection email. When you are locked out of the site and it says "You will be contacted at the earliest", that's when the GC is on its way. I got that message on a Thursday and got my GC on that Saturday. My status never changed to "Approval in Progress". But lets keep our fingers crossed for you!! :ok:

full-of-life
14th Apr 2011, 01:21
Hi!! I was at the New York open day as well! So I'm with you guys, just waiting! I sent them an email yesterday because it has been 6 weeks. It does make me nervous to hear that some people already recieved their GC from the New York open day! But after reading this forum, I'm not going to worry about it, some people get their calls earlier than others. I'm still hopeful and filled with faith. If you did go to the New York open day and haven't gotten a call yet, pm me!! I didn't save anybody's phone number from that weekend and I'd love to keep in touch and know when you get your GC's!!

Also if anybody has the number for HR, please pm or email me with it!! Thanks so much and good luck to everyone!!

trizakalerwa
14th Apr 2011, 10:56
Hey loowla, thanks so much for your response and advice. Have been calling HR endlessly and always been told that they'll get back at me. Called them again today morning and said I should give them a week to respond to me. So fingers crossed and prayers. Thanks so much.:ok:

kenyan85
14th Apr 2011, 11:00
Does anyone remember the 7 or so logical questions contained in the 145q personality test that one takes after passing the last group discussion? They go like this ---- 1. Cat is to mouse as dog is to ____ , 2. Which of the following does not belong with the others? a) Grass b) Wood c) Leaf d) Roots

If anyone remembers them or wrote them down during their AD please let them know what they are.

Teddy_86
14th Apr 2011, 11:16
kenyan85, do you mean the Phsichometric/ Personality test? I remember pretty well most questions in it. If you mean the IQ/ Figure test which recruiters give sometimes after the FI, I don't know about it. Did you take it last time on your FI? There were some rumours about this test, but I don't remember them.

kenyan85
14th Apr 2011, 11:30
yes, the Phsichometric/ Personality test. There are around 7 logical questions scattered in the paper. If you can remember the 7, please let me know what they were, since I want to be able to identify them and give the correct answers.

Teddy_86
14th Apr 2011, 11:55
Personality test which I took was contained of 180 questions for behaviour and personality, there were not logical questions at all! Questions were like:
1. I prefer to spend my spare time with loud companies.
a) Generanny true b) In between c) Generally false
2. I trust people easily. Same answers
3. I like logical games and discussions.
4. I always have plans and follow them.
5. I care what people think of me.
7. I often think about past events.
8. I easily make new friends.
These are the main questions and they repeat about 10-12 times in other words, but same meaning.
Personality test I took last year was quite different. Questions were about you as a persons, your fears, your thoughts, they were not about your attitude towars the other people. And answers were a) Always b) Sometimes c) Occasionaly d) Never. It was more difficult I think.

flying around
14th Apr 2011, 13:22
Hi everybody,

Today I tried to login on the emirates group career centre site and I couldnt.
There was written ' You will be contacted by your recruitment coordinator at the earliest'

I hope that this is a positive sign...

Fingers crossed.

loowla
14th Apr 2011, 13:58
you can start doing your happy dance because for sure you will be getting you GC very soon.:} :} :}

congrats:D :D :D

kenyan85
14th Apr 2011, 14:09
Thanks for your answer! looks like they changed the test since ours had a scattering of logical questions in~between the personality questions.

Any Kenyan male going for the AD? Please PM me thanks.

Daisy Akinyi
14th Apr 2011, 16:27
Hey everyone?
Please help, am to relocate to Dubai in August but am worried, i dont know what my fate with EK would be like there...is it true that they consider the UAE citizens first before anyone else? I really need to know so that i may be able to make the wisest decision before then...i feel like time is flying so first and i need to know what to expect before i go there. Then how frequent do they employ there? Lastly, how easy is it to get a job opportunity(Hotel jobs) in Dubai? I need something to do so i may be able to keep busy...

Thanx

Teddy_86
14th Apr 2011, 17:02
Congratulations, flying around! You might be extremely happy right now! When did you have your FI? Is it your first try with EK?
kenyan85, as I already wrote, there was differences between the Personality test I took the first time and the second time. But now we did not have time to take it on the AD and we had to do it at home. Maybe the on line test is the same every time, I don't know. When is your OD in Kenia? I will be for sure crossing my fingers for you!
May, here are you? I read something about you and Qatar Airways but I don't know where is this post, is seems disappeared. Anyway, I hope that you are doing well and will hear from you soon!

kenyan85
14th Apr 2011, 17:31
ok, got it. Last april, we never got to do the online personality test, we did it at the hotel at the end of the day. I'm hoping we get to do the online one this time round because I have an idea of what it looks like and the questions contained therein. The Kenya AD is this coming weekend, but I am slated for the Sunday assessment. I have everything ready, and will be going with a few friends, hoping for the best and at the same time remaining open and realistic. I think the recruitment process can vary from country to country but there are some things that remain the same. Thanks to everyone on pprune for the support, I feel like we are family up in here hahaha! We should have a get~together and have a pprune wannabe party one of these days when we finally make it to Dubai. We're all in this together guys :)

all the best to everyone!

Tina1
14th Apr 2011, 18:08
:pHi there EK Wannabe,your not alone dia.I also applied for the Nairobi assessment day but my status is still "applied" as well,do not lose hope,be patient and focused.Maybe they will soon shortlist us,seeing as they have so many applications to look at. Anybody from Uganda going for the assessment in Nairobi on 16th and 17th?

Congs for all those who have been invited by the way and blessings!:ok:

lucky maria
14th Apr 2011, 20:38
hey thank you all for your informative help :ok::ok:.... went to O.D on sat. 26th had my F.I on sun. 27th sent all my records on 4th of april my status changed to approval in progress on mon. 11th and now I can't access my account and it's say I'll be contcted.... so lets hope it's good news...

congrats flying around looks like we're on the same boat...:D

if anyone needs any help or advice I'll be more than happy to give you my oppinion....

good luck all...

MIK2009
15th Apr 2011, 00:24
hi, everyone! I want to say thank you for those who have posted their experiences from the OD TO FI!

I am from seychelles! and till now theres no signs yet that emirates will be recruiting this year. Although I see mauritis is on the OD list for May! I could either fly to mauritius or to DUBAI!

Does anyone know when emirates recruits in Dubai? I see here on the website that weekly nationals are invited to drop their cv, but can international candidates do the same as well?

Anyone?

lucky maria
15th Apr 2011, 11:21
Hey mik2009 I read on this a few times that some people dropped thier c.vs in Dubai while they were there.. so yes you can drop your c.v over there anytime really but they do announce it on their web page when they are looking for arabic speakers only... hope this helps...

CURIOUS95
15th Apr 2011, 14:58
hey Maria,

I am new this forum , i just want to know where i can check the status of my registration. If possible could you please help me give the link. I guess it should be country specific. I am looking for HongKong specific.Any information on how to check the status of registration will be great.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.
uma.

lucky maria
15th Apr 2011, 15:06
Hey uma it should be in your account on the emirates group careers section if you applied on line. If not you need to open an account with in order to follow your status... just google emirates group careers, sing up and apply.. Let me know if it helps... Good luck:)

GalwayGirl
15th Apr 2011, 16:31
I applied for an open day in Galway in Ireland online and I got through to the final interview, I forgot to write down the registration number online so that they could link up my documents with my account online. It has always said under review and still reads the same. Is there anyway that they could of linked up the two with out me telling them? I'm logging on 20 times a day in the hopes I'll see a change! Driving myself crazy at this point :(

MIK2009
15th Apr 2011, 17:29
Maria,

Yes I have tried to drop my cv at the headquaters last year. But, the lady said for international you must apply online!! then how come here on this forum some have gone to open days in dubai? how come? cause i have not seen any posted open in dubai on the website! just for nationals only...

I have applied several timed and my status is still "Applied". keep fingers cross that seychelles is on their agenda for this year :confused:

lucky maria
15th Apr 2011, 18:51
Mik 2009
It will say on thier website and you can also try ringing them up and see also try and change your application from whereever you are to dubai and check the local dubai newspapers.... The other thing you can do is just walk into an open day whenever you are there and see what happens.... worth a try..;)

flying around
16th Apr 2011, 06:41
I had my final interview on 20/3 in Amsterdam. This is my second time I'm trying. The first time I didn't had even my final interview. Waiting now for that golden call!!

lola81
17th Apr 2011, 01:27
hey all,
its been a while. i've been working for Emirates now for almost a year and from someone who is still considered relatively new let me just tell you year its worth it. going through the open days, interviews, medicals and uprooting can be stressful but after a while, after you get settled in it all gets easier. work can be demanding on your body and sometimes your mind so having a good attitude helps a long way and can make the difference in many situations (trust me ). you can take some time and read my old threads. hope it helps someone.
good luck to all going to their open days and beyond. hope to see you in Dubai.

danny21
17th Apr 2011, 02:33
FYI you can NOT register at an Open Day or an Assessment day if you would have attended less that 6 months ago. Yes you read it correct Open Days are now included in the 6 month rule:sad::sad::sad:. If you submitted a CV at an open day and didn't make it to Assessment you cannot submit your CV again under 6 months, if you attended an Assessment Day and did not make it to FI you cannot attended again under 6 months. I submitted an OD last November 51/2 months ago I got an online invitation to attend an OD today and i could not submit my CV EVEN THOUGH I HAD AN INVITE so close yet so far:{:{. I guess i'll see recruiters again in November.

Good luck to all attempting and waiting. See you all in Dubai soon

Cheers
Danny

want_to_fly
17th Apr 2011, 07:29
Did you actually go to the OD and submitted your CV and they turned you away because you did not wait 6 months? I guess they are cracking the rules and being strict now about attendees going to either both OD or AD now. Wow they are getting strict and harder to get in :sad:

wildempress
17th Apr 2011, 15:04
Hi guys,

Just wondering what exactly Emirates check for in you dental examination and what dental issues would prevent you from being successful? Whilst visually my teeth are fine I confess I do have a few fillings. Any advice offered would be much appreciated.

luckygirl12
17th Apr 2011, 16:20
Hi! Did anybody on here go to the od on April 9,2011 in San Mateo??

swimming_gal
18th Apr 2011, 17:23
As long as your teeth are healthy you are ok. Fillings are ok to have. You just can't have any cavities that are not filled. They also expect for your teeth to be regularly checked and for your dentist to sign off that they are healthy and clean.

leeenocka
18th Apr 2011, 18:08
Text Speak

mimi294
18th Apr 2011, 18:28
hey was hpoing those who attended the AD to highlight your experiences on what happened on the day if you dont mind,,thanks;)

Gabriella
19th Apr 2011, 07:16
Hello everybody, i count myself among the lucky ones who got the '' you will contacted...'' status a few days ago :D. i attended an assessment day in Bucharest on 26th of March and after 16 day i got this status and waiting for the golden call. i have to say that this is not the first interview i went to, i also went to an OD in Budapest for Qatar, but got eliminated after the second group activity.:( I was very stressed out for my first interview, but when i went for Emirates, i have to say that just because i wasn't nervous at all i managed to nail the job:)) i travelled the whole night before the interview so i was a little bit of a zombie...so no nerves at all..i was just like a compliant sheep who always smiled and listened and talked gently.:O all the activities were the same as mentioned in this thread, and all the questioned for the FI were those written on this forum ( i had answers prepared for each of them).
I am now waiting to find out my DOJ and do my medicals which i think is the most difficult part of this process (ppl who live in my country understand why). good luck to all of you, if anybody is leaving for dubai in june, i hope we'll meet there.hugs and kisses!! i promise i'll share my thoughts about dubai

MIK2009
19th Apr 2011, 07:25
Hey guys! Do you know if emirates does want to recruit you if you have a child?

I had gone to the qatar open day and it seems that they are not keen to recruit those who already have children! I think the recruiters with qatar are mean and rude! saying you should concentrate on your personal life, and if you are studying you should terminate your study and anything else you doing now before joining!! DUH is IT not our decision to make!! everything in life is about choices!

And since i had child i gained some baby fat! i am not very thin! are they very fussy about your weight on the OD OR AD?

lucky maria
19th Apr 2011, 11:22
Hey everybody has anybody who went for their F.I in march get their G.C yet I still haven't recieved the call but i geuss there are a few people on the same boat, so they are probably just waiting to find space for us in the training college and some accomodation...
congrats Gabriella:D:D... we'll all meet each other in Dubai hopefully it's in may though...:)

hey mik2009 yea they do allow people with children because I've been reading melissa's blog and she said that there are a few employees with children back at home.... but only tell them that if they ask you...:)

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 11:45
yes i went the 2nd march in an OD emirates. I have no news from EK. no change of statut nothing.....
now it will ne my 3rd week...
crossing fingers:}

Milly26
19th Apr 2011, 12:00
Hi Guys,

Well i submitted all my medicals etc about 9 working days ago and im just waiting for my FA now. My DOJ is May 16th, has anyone else out there had to wait this long for it to come through? I guess they are just taking their time while they sort out Accommodation etc...at what stage should i contact to follow up, any ideas?

Thanks

lucky maria
19th Apr 2011, 12:33
hey congratulations:D:D:D... im still waiting for them to call, my status has been you'll be contacted for 6 days now and stil nothing... I'll say your right about the accomodation thing and training places aswell... I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, they will let you know when everything is sorted.. from what I've been reading they usually tell you about 2 or 2 n a half weeks before your D.O.J and then they send you the ticket and visa four days before departure... Hope this helps, please correct me if I'm wrong.....

see you in dubai hopefully...:):ok:

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 12:41
Lucky Maria can you tellme when your statut change for ''approval in progress'' because its my 3rd week and still on ''underreview''
please advise me thank you
:ok:

akoti19
19th Apr 2011, 12:56
yes,it would really be enlightening if those who went for the Nairobi AD could tell of their experience and if Emirates is coming back anytime soon.Thank you

lucky maria
19th Apr 2011, 13:03
hey leyna my status changed from applied to approval in progress 15 days after the F.I.... What I noticed is if you tell them your available immediately then your application will process alot quicker than if you told them you're not available for a while... so I wouldn't worry about if you said you're not available until June or later...:):)

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 13:17
[Text speak]

lucky maria
19th Apr 2011, 13:52
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you in this case no news is good news... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:ok::ok::ok:... I had to take that logical test at the end of my F.I but it makes no difference if you take it or not because I figured out the reason they give you that test is not to measure your i.q.. you only get that test if you contradict yourself alot in the personality test both tests are to see if you possess an extrovert or introvert personality... :)

try not to think about it too much... I felt very positive vibes during and after my interview... just keep with the feeling you came out of the interview with and try not to think negative...:):)

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 13:53
[Text speak]

lucky maria
19th Apr 2011, 14:05
[Text speak]

swimming_gal
19th Apr 2011, 16:30
For those of you who are already working/training... what kind of black shoes do they want you to wear during training? Heel, flat? Thanks :)

kenyan85
19th Apr 2011, 16:48
hi guys, I went to the Nairobi AD. it was quite challenging, and I made it to the FI again, only guy to do so again. But I guess that doesn't matter. My FI was 'something else' , the questions were the same but you had to provide in~depth answers. I told myself not to have any expectations this time round. All in all we were 10 ~ 9 ladies and one guy. I am exhausted, so I will post more about my experiences tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who helped.

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 17:19
[Text speak]

kenyan85
19th Apr 2011, 17:40
what I know is that they have a shortage of cabin crew ~ so they will most likely take 4. Don't worry, you will make it. They say no news is good news ~ ne t'inquietes pas :) . All the best.

GalwayGirl
19th Apr 2011, 18:29
I didn't do the second test, the second test is given if you messed up the first one by giving conflicting answers both of them are to see what kind of personality you have, whether you are out-going or keep to yourself.
I thought it went well but looking back I have to second guess some of my answers, I am still in college and said I couldn't join until the end of may/start of june so I hope that's what has my application on hold, but it's early days for you, you only had yours 2 and a half weeks ago so I wouldn't worry, I on the other hand am panicking like crazy!

I'll be waiting 4 weeks tomorrow, my status hasn't changed and still reads under review, getting really down about it as we were a small group of 6 and one really nice girl got her GC today and my status hasn't even changed... Can I still be hopeful? Anyone???

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 18:42
[Text speak]

leyna19
19th Apr 2011, 19:02
[Text speak]

jade1990
19th Apr 2011, 19:53
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone was going to the Glasgow open day on the 7th May? Also has anyone recently been to an AD as not sure what to expect with the tests etc. Any help would be very much appreciated ;)

GalwayGirl
19th Apr 2011, 20:22
I was just wondering how long Emirates take to get back to you if you have not been successful?

zarah.k
19th Apr 2011, 21:03
The delay for the rejection depends. Usually, it's within the 1st and 2nd week, but I heard one girl received it the 4th week whereas some girls in her group got their GC before she got rejected.

Guys, do not worry too much with your status. I heard one girl her status remained Under Review and she got a Congratulations email and the next day got her GC. Just wait and see.

Cheers,
Z

luckygirl12
19th Apr 2011, 22:48
I had my interview on April 9th and my status changed to approval in progress today!!! that is good right???

ekcc
20th Apr 2011, 06:54
I wasn't able to turn in all my documents at the final interview so I was wondering should I email my educational certificate in color or black/white??? It wasn't specified.

Gabriella
20th Apr 2011, 09:09
got my GC yesterday evenining!!!!!:D:D:D
FI 28th March
Approval in Progress 1st April
You will be contacted... 14th April
CG 19th April
DOJ 30th May

Starting to get paranoid about my medicals, does anybody know what should i write in the vaccination section at INITIAL COURSE DATE and BOOSTER DATE?? i forgot my english:O, :)). Do we have to scan the radiology reports also?
Who has the DOJ on 30th May?

Good luck to everyone, hugs and kisses!!!

lucky maria
20th Apr 2011, 11:10
hey ekcc I was the same.. what you do is scan all the documents you have to send preferably in their original colours and then email them in pdf format to the email address they gave you thats all...:)

congratulations Gabriella!..:D:D:D hopefully I get mine soon and I'll get the same D.O.J...:) what time did they call you?...

Gabriella
20th Apr 2011, 12:20
i received the call at about half past 19 (PM)...i live in romania, we are GMT +2, they are GMT +4, so i believe they work very hard these days to find us a place in the training college;). i had approval in progress for a long time before my status changed into ''you will be contacted..." so i think everybody with this status will get some good news soon.
I am caught in a big frenzy now with all the medicals and i also have to renew my passport.we were 24 at the FI (very productive assessment day:))), four of them got the unsuccessful message, five of us:) got the golden call and the rest of the girls don't know yet the answer.
Nobody has 30th May for DOJ??? really nobody??

dreams82
20th Apr 2011, 15:35
[Text speak]

kenyan85
20th Apr 2011, 20:45
First of all, thank you all for the kind wishes. So this is how it went down in Nairobi over the weekend ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~My interview was slated for Sunday 17th. I slept soundly the previous night. To be honest I was expecting to be eliminated at the first stage, so I was sort of resigned to fate. Come Sunday morning I woke up, got myself ready and headed to the venue, The Tribe Nairobi.

We were 90 in all, 86 ladies and 4 gentlemen. I was there at 8.30am, and the process started at 9.30am. The recruiters, Yana and Ylisa introduced themselves and asked those without invites to leave their cv's and leave. Yana is czech and Ylisa, Turk. We lined up alphabetically and were given our number tags, then Ylisa gave an introduction on Dubai and life as cabin crew. She was funny, thoughtful. We then had Yana give us a short introduction on life in Dubai ~ the reality and the things that will be expected of us ~ the not~so~glamorous side. This lasted till around 11am. We were divided into 2 groups, 1 to 45 and 46 to 90. I was number 43 so I was in the first group. We were asked to leave the room and come back after ten minutes. Number 46 to 90 were asked to come back in an hour. The room was divided into two sections, and both sections had chairs fashioned into a circle. We band in and sat in chronological order. Each recruiter dealt with one group. We were asked to turn to the person seated to our right and ask them their name, what their favorite movie was and why. In the meantime each recruiter would call us from across the room, ask us to do the reach test and a few questions about ourselves. We then stood up one by one and introduced the person seated to our right and their favorite movie. When it was my turn I was so nervous but I managed to present . Then we were asked todiscuss amongst ourselves which 3 new routes Emirates should fly to and why. Our group was quite aggressive so we had people talking at the same time. I tried centering the discussion a few times, although there was so much pandemonium. One person was then picked to present the routes we had agreed on. After that we were all asked to leave the room and come back after ten minutes. Out of the twenty in my group, only seven were left.

We then went for lunch with some girls, then came back for the English test. It was the same one from last year except for a change in the essay question. The remaining candidates from all groups were put together and we were around 17 in total who sat the English test. We were asked to come back at 3.30pm, for the results. Only 1 person failed this stage.

We were further divided into two groups of 8-8 in readiness for the final group discussion. I was in the second group, so I had to come back at 4pm. Upon our return, we were given some cards with a scenario where we had to downgrade 8 passengers to economy class. We were supposed to give reasons as to why we had chosen the 8 to downgrade. Each of us had to answer a question as to why each passenger had to be downgraded. We then did some role play where each person had to explain to the passenger why they had to be bumped down. I had to tell Angelina Jolie that we had to bump her down. I thought fast and told Angelina that we were very sorry for the situation and that because we realised that she was a celebrity and this might cause a situation down at economy, we would disguise her with an abaya. Everyone had a chance to apologize to their downgraded passenger and convince them that there was nothing that they could do for the moment. It was a tough group discussions so I was not expecting much after this. Suffice it to say I passed this stage too.

At this point there was 10 of us remaining. We were called back in and were given a few forms to fill ~ tatoo declaration and personal details. We were then given guidelines on photos and asked to book our Final interview dates and times. I was slated for Tuesday 19th. That night I went home and collapsed into my bed with only my socks off, that's how exhausted I was.

My final interview was very challenging~ it was an hour long and I had to answer questions like - tell me about when you had a difficulty with a colleague, what you don't like about other cultures(which was a trick question). They thanked me for attending the assessment and I wished them a safe flight back.

All in all I went into this with an open mind so I don't know how it will turn out. I don't want to have a lot of expectations. As they say, time will tell. Thanks to all who helped, you guys are amazing, and all the best to everyone.

baccrat
20th Apr 2011, 22:50
Wow! Kenyan85! Your report it's amazing... I think it's very rich in details... I've been living again my own open day for some months ago... I hope you the best! And see your report about "how to deal with the golden call" ;)

want_to_fly
20th Apr 2011, 22:57
Could someone clarify this for me please?

Is it true that during an od, should you fail to make it to the second stage you will now have to wait 6 months until you can reapply again? I was told by the recruiters during the od we would have to, but some from this forum said their recruiters never said so. I'm just a bit confused and need some clarity. Thanks guys!

Ps kenyan85 congrats! So proud of you :)

dreams82
21st Apr 2011, 07:46
Congratulations kenyan85,for making it this far again,i belive the 3rd time is a charm............am praying for you

GalwayGirl
21st Apr 2011, 07:57
very sad morning, woke up to find the unsuccessful email. After waiting over 4 weeks. Not quite sure where to go from here...

migale
21st Apr 2011, 08:25
[Text speak]

migale
21st Apr 2011, 08:29
[Text speak]

want_to_fly
21st Apr 2011, 09:00
So sorry to hear that. I know you must be upset right now and that having to wait for another year is a pain. But know this, you are more prepared now and use this year as a time to prepare yourself for the next od. Don't worry too much, emirates is looking to double their fleet size in 2 years so the opportunities are still there. Chin up :) all is well!

swimming_gal
21st Apr 2011, 11:55
Hello everyone! I got my accomodations today: Pink Building, Sheikh Zayed Road. Does anyone know where this is or how close/far it is to the city and airport?

TriniEK
21st Apr 2011, 12:08
Yes, it's true. That rule now applys to ODs as well.
There was an OD in Trinidad April 16, and the ROs told the group
that anyone who had handed in their CVs under six months werent
allowed to attend this OD. A few of us have to wait until they are recruiting in our country again.

Unsuccessful email
So sorry to hear that. Reapply, if this is what you really want. You're very young. I know it's depressing but hey I tried three times and not giving up.

Cheer up!

lucky maria
21st Apr 2011, 12:14
I'm so sorry to hear that hun. I really don't know what to say except that everything happens for a reason.. Don't give up so easily try and keep busy and then apply again next year and with the extra experience you gain within the next year will go a long way next time around.... If you want to p.m. me and we'll keep in touch..

anacernic
21st Apr 2011, 13:56
Hellow everyone! I've also been in Vienna, Austria on OD, and had my FI on monday. Now I just have to send them two referees and 1 formal photo.. I am sending it today..
I would just like to know, where do you see these statuses of approval that you write about? Do they send you any link or what? I am registered at the Emirates website, but don't know where to look..
Thank you :)

mimi294
21st Apr 2011, 15:43
hey congrats:D,,,,,if i was you i would start celebrating because i smell victory for you.:ok:

there is a problem though,,,,i read your post and i am still clueless on the downsizing stuff:rolleyes:,,,what were some answers on that topic?what does it mean?:\

thank you for sharing the information with all of us,it was so nice of you and i pray this time you do get the GC!:O

danny21
21st Apr 2011, 15:47
Yes the 6 month rule applies to OD as well as AD. Once you would have submitted a CV at an OD and did not make it to AD you hv to wait 6months to reapply............... Its not that long if you thing about it. I already found short courses that i can do in that time it improve my skill set. Do let it upset you use it as an opportunity to improve yourself.

Good Luck to us all..........Congrats to you guys approaching the finish line

layla_hart
21st Apr 2011, 18:31
After four weeks of waiting after what I thought was the worst interview in the history of everything, I got my call from HR telling me a contract is on its way to me and a whole bunch of formalities which need to be completed (to be honest, I had just stepped off a ten hour flight from Cape Town so was a little zombied and didnt quite catch all the details!) Happy face!!

Anyway, after logging into the 'Selected Candidates Portal' I saw that my expected DOJ is sometime in June althought I'm sure I already specified that I had prior commitments around this time. I know it would be impossible to take leave from abinitio training so does anyone know if its possible to push it back, perhaps even by as much as a month?

It still seems very soon as I am still flying and have to squeeze in medical and security clearance on my days off (and I dont have many!!) and THEN serve a full month's notice at my current company, all being well with my medicals etc.

Anyway I really hope I can delay my DOJ even though I am super excited and grateful for the opportunity... I really wouldn't want it to look bad if I asked to start later... any advice guys and girls??

KingofEK
21st Apr 2011, 18:39
Anacernic : Gongratulations in making it to the F.I , you have to log in into the emirates website and check your application status down the page in where it was written " cabin crew, closing date , applied " ...

Kenyan85 : Congratulations of making it to the F.I i had less chance than you, was rejected from the 2nd group test , thank you for sharing the information you'll find in my previous post a report of the assessment also...

GalwaysGirl : Don't give up and try again if you love the Job, it is not that tragic ! You might reapply but before that , review your errors and secure them for the next time, Life goes on , i was rejected from the last teamwork before the F.I but didn't get disappointed at all every experience is just a wealth so you know how to act for the next time and you will loose a big part of the interview stress !!! Fingers crossed for you ...

Schems
21st Apr 2011, 21:12
Hi everyone!

Is there alot of people who comes to the OD in Montreal :confused: I wanna get ready for competition!!! In Montreal, the majority speaks at least 3 languages!

Plus, I wanna know if it will be a plus if I add in my CV that I speaking moroccan arabic?? Cause I don't speak the arabic of middle-east, but I know if I get there: I'll learn really fast! Are they gonna see it that way? Or is there a way to make them understand that?

Thanks ^_^

KingofEK
21st Apr 2011, 21:40
Schems you only have to write down in your C.V your native language and the languages you are fluent in cause during the assessment , they're gonna ask you to say so and be careful never lie as they secure the information from you according to your C.V

And since you are speaking arabic, doesn't matter whether it is moroccan arabic or ME or Algerian or Tunisian arabic it is like english but with different accents , slangs and idioms so it is called "ARABIC" by the way:ok:

You might then write down separately the languages you are basic in ...

Good luck

X

Schems
22nd Apr 2011, 03:45
Moroccan Arabic....
it's SO VERY different from the others.... It's more than a slang or expressions...
Moroccan is a mix of french spanish and arab.
Even people in middle-east cant understand when we speak.
It's always us who have to adjust to them.

Me I studied one year and half of pure arab when i was little, but that's all. And I speak fluently moroccan.

I am sure if i stay like 2 months in a middle-east country, i'll learn their arabic fast.

lucky maria
22nd Apr 2011, 16:09
hey everybody I am like over the moon just recieved my golden call and I got 30th may as my D.O.J:D:D:D

anybody else got the same D.O.J???....

Congrats all and good luck to all who are still waiting fingers crossed for you guys and girls and keep the faith!!...:)

Dicko17
22nd Apr 2011, 23:42
Hey Everyone!!
Just a quck q, can you submit/attend another OD 12 months from application or 12 months from receiving the rejection email? thanks heaps

zarah.k
23rd Apr 2011, 04:00
It should be 12 months from your FI.

Z

ally23x
23rd Apr 2011, 13:56
You are lucky...pink building it was until 2 weeks ago undesired by all crew :D But now they are refurbishing it so you are very lucky. The location is one of the best...10 minutes or less by taxi to dubai mall, 3-4 minutes to financial centre metro station, just accross the road you have union hypermarket which is the cheapest in downtown :) you are at 25/35 minutes to the airport by crew bus or max. 15 minutes by taxi. more or less same time to training college. And depending on the floor you will be staying you might see burj al arab hotel from your window :D Good luck with your training and Enjoy emirates

piyal
23rd Apr 2011, 18:41
Hello Everyone,
I attended the AD today in India. its my third attempt for Emirates. Had reached the final interview the last 2 times,but that is all.

The interview went in the usual pattern. we were all called in at 0730 hrs, finished our registration, watched the emirates video and then one of the recruiters gave details on Dubai and Emirates and asked few questions on them.
after which, the actual thing started. we were divided in groups and sent to different rooms.
In my group we were asked to introduce the person to my right,her name, city she belongs to and one speciality about the place that she likes. while we discussed amongst us, one of the recruiter did the reach test for the group and spoke on a one to one basis to every one for 2 mins. asked basic questions like, work experience, why I wish to join Emirates , etc.
after the first GD round finished, every one was handed over the congratulation and unsuccessful slips.
Then we proceeded for the English exam. we were alternately given 2 sets, which had basic elementary English questions and one essay topic, which was ' the three personality traits i like in my self and three traits i want to change.'
The ritual followed after the exam, with the slips handed over to the candidates.
Next came another round of GD. This time,we were fashion designers who were asked to launch a magazine, talk about 5 aspects we would focus on.
The went smoothly, slips given to all.
Selected few of us stayed back for the documentation. they collected our personal data and gave dates for FI.
FEW POINTERS:

red lipstick or any other, bun or a pony tail, it didn't make any difference.
Just look good, be yourself, keep checking your grooming.
they specified to use red lipstick for the formal picture.
Don't go over the top with answers, they don't prefer overpowering people, they would get eliminated in some or the other round.
And the most important SMILE SMILE SMILE :D

I still have my psychometric test to do before my FI dayafter, get all my documents and photos sorted. Am little scared about it.
quite jinxed with FI.
Wish me luck, and same to everyone else.:)

flying around
23rd Apr 2011, 18:48
Yesterday after one month and 3 days waiting I received my golden call...
DOJ 13/6.
Is somebody else going on that date to Dubai?
Wish you all good luck and dont give up.
Also for me it was very hard. The first time I didnt even get to the first group discussion... So keep trying again and again.;)

Lui.x
23rd Apr 2011, 20:17
Congratulations flying around! :ok:

Still waiting for my rejection e-mail or my GC. I did my last interview in London on the 30th of March. But next week I'll go to Helsinki for the Qatar OD. I've read such a lot of them, but I'll give it a chance since I'm not too confident about my FI with Emirates :\. Anyway ... let's see.

By the way, are you a male or female? Just to check if they are still replying quite late to men! I'm a man by the way.

Wish you the best in your new life! ;)

lilibue
23rd Apr 2011, 20:25
i applied for the cabin crew position in 2009 and went for the open day but did not make it.after reviewing how that day went i realised that i was just not ready at the time.i reapplied this year for the OD that was held in Nairobi Kenya on the 16 of april,my application was put under review but i never got the letter of invitation for that od which means i prepared myself for nothing.......does this mean ill never get the chance to be a flight attendant with emirates

MissUAE
23rd Apr 2011, 21:16
Hi there guys,

I would like to read the exact terms and conditions of an EK Employment Contract, so if somebody has been selected by them can email me via private message.

Thank you ;)

PrimaveraCero
24th Apr 2011, 01:24
MissUAE as for the Employment Contract, I guess they won't be able to share it with anyone...

I'm checking in again here, to share that there will be some Assessment Days coming next month in Argentina, my country. The dates will be May 14th and 15th, in Buenos Aires and the initial screening will be held as usual by Top Fly Recruitment Agency.
I haven't sent my CV just yet as I can't apply for the time being... I'd love to be part of this assessment but I just began laser treatment for a few tattoos in my ankles, by the way do any of you people here know of anyone who has undergone tattoo removal to enter EK?

flying around
24th Apr 2011, 11:36
Hi, Im female..
By the way good luck with Qatar.
I had my FI on the 20/3 so be patient a little bit more. Yours was later than mine. Good luck.

Timlim127
24th Apr 2011, 15:11
Hi anybody there tried travelling on a different country where EK is holding an AD but with an agency? How does this work? You register first and just hope that you will get an invite?

Jbrsp11
24th Apr 2011, 15:35
I heard somewhere Qatar is not hiring male candidates for quite long time...I think I saw it this week under qatar thread. Do whatever you feel ... we never know if we don't try.
I am man and I waited 8 weeks for my call and yes - guys wait longer than girls.
FI Jan24
GC Mar20
DOJ May16

GOOD LUCK MAN!

Timlim127
24th Apr 2011, 17:49
Congratulations. In which city did you have your interview?

iio78
25th Apr 2011, 09:38
wow 4 months all together. did you contact them after 6 weeks or you ve just waited?
Anyone else waited that long, male i mean?

Sophie13
25th Apr 2011, 10:10
Hey everyone

Im celebrating 1 year in dubai next month and just want to wish you all the best of luck; I know all to well of the agonizing wait but hang in there!

If anyone needs specifics on open days/living in Dubai/ training etc you can message me.

There are lots of abinitio crew finishing their training and coming on board, after only one year I am quite a senior GR2 already on many of my flights. As impressed as we are with alot of new crew, we are equally un-impressed by so many as well. When I think back to last July when I was boarding my first opeational flight to Sydney I think of how keen to work and to impress the other crew I was. I think of how extatic I was to get my dream job with Emirates and how proud I was to wear the uniform. So many new crew are so very lazy and un-willing to take advice and it really gets me down. Please dont be one of these crew if you get the job!! Keep smiling, let the sparkle in your personality shine through, keep your opinion of other crew to yourself and keep away from bitchiness. Be keen, willing to learn and hard working and not only will you will go very far in this company, but you will also get the best out of the job with a positive outlook and up-beat mentality. Don't let anyone get you down.

GOOD LUCK ONCE AGAIN :ok: REALLY HOPE TO SEE SOME BRIGHT NEW FACES ON BOARD SOON:)

piyal
25th Apr 2011, 12:12
hello everyone,
I just finished my FI today, and to my belief it went well.
the recruiter gave me an option for A380 and other fleets. she said, if I wanted she could recommend me for A380 but I chose regular fleets. do you think I might have made a wrong decision?
please give me your feedback, because am very confused.:confused:

leyna19
25th Apr 2011, 15:56
hello everyone
I had my FI 3 weeks ago, some of my friends (girls) received both at the same time an email about tatoo ect... but not me one of them has approval in progress as statu...
does it mean its dead for me?
Cause i saw that negative answer go after good one....unbelievable
some one can answer me please
I am lost
(my statu is under review, and i didnt done the logical test after my FI)
poor me:\

GalwayGirl
25th Apr 2011, 17:00
Just a quick thank you to those who replied to my post, After taking the weekend to go over things and sort out what i'm going to do I have decided to try again next year and just build on my CV and hope that by making it to the final interview last time that it may stand to me in the next shot!

Good luck to everyone who plan on attending opendays/final interviews and for those waiting on golden calls I wish you the best! And if the call doesn't come and you get the rejection email like I did! Take a minute to cry and give out. But then stop, and just pick yourself up set a plan in place, and try again if it's what you really want!

Schems
25th Apr 2011, 20:17
you did a good choice in my opinion.

with the other flights you have more destinations that the A380 doesn't have yet.

anyway, with time if you wanna change, you can!

baccrat
26th Apr 2011, 08:05
@Galwaygirl I'm so sad about your rejection... I've passed through that too... Maybe this will sound crap as sounded to me in the first moments... But... Try Etihad! Since you have to wait a whole year before reapplying... You better try all your chances and not just sit and cry as I did for the first months... Give it a chance... try Etihad... You could love it!!! And if you don't... You always can try again in Emirates next year!

Best of luck girl!!!

Gabriella
26th Apr 2011, 08:35
[Text speak]

Gabriella
26th Apr 2011, 08:36
[Text speak]

Gabriella
26th Apr 2011, 11:00
[Text speak]

piyal
26th Apr 2011, 14:41
I know the feeling of rejection and the year long wait. I have had my share too, cannot say that it is over. Just gave my FI yesterday, and have my fingers crossed.
If you planning to apply to Emirates again, I suggest, prepare for it at least 3 months before. Keep your pictures ready, and google a lot of interview questions and how to be successful in them. It worked for me. Don't need to mug up but can help you prepare for the situational and behavioural questions. It helped me. Almost all the questions were prepared which was asked to me.
Hope the suggestion helps.
I have my fingers crossed for the Golden call!!!

layla_hart
27th Apr 2011, 07:17
Hi piyal,

Fingers crossed for your GC coming soon! May I ask are you currently crew with experience? I am wondering because I would LOVE to do 380 but was not given the option at my FI. Does anyone have any advice? I have already accepted my contract (DOJ 4 Aug) so can I request to be considered for 380 at this point or is it at the discretion of the recruiters at FI?

Please help!

Thanks xo

iio78
27th Apr 2011, 08:05
did you chose aug 4th or this is the date they gave you?

zarah.k
27th Apr 2011, 10:59
layla_hart
did you chose aug 4th or this is the date they gave you?

August 4th? When did you receive your GC? I know people who got their GC 9-10 days ago got May 30 and June 13. Looks like they are filling the training classes pretty fast. But since we are in April, and I think it's the end of the year, maybe there are also people leaving and they are waiting for accomodations to be ready to give GC. I'm just trying to give some hope here to fellow PPRuNers waiting for their GC! :O

Hang in there, it's coming soon. :ok:

Cheers,
Z

flying around
27th Apr 2011, 18:19
Hi,
My DOJ is 13 june. Is anybody else joining on the same day ??
Im doing my medicals at this moment. It is taking more time then i expected...
Wish you all good luck with waiting for your GC.
Cheers.

trizakalerwa
27th Apr 2011, 19:13
Hello great people,
finally today i received my doj 27th April and did my final interview in December 15th 2010 and im female,quite a long wait and have been way too patient,praying,trusting and believing. Im starting my medicals soon,my date of joining is 6th June. im pretty much excited. all the best to everyone and keep hoping and work hard. This forum has been quite helpful,from beginning up until now. Thanks and all the best again.
Triza

KingofEK
28th Apr 2011, 01:59
Hello everyone !

Well, tonight i'm writing with good news ! After my emirates interview on the 9th april 2011 in which i wasn't suceessful, I have applied for Air Atlanta Icelandic For cabin crew position jeddah based , my F.I was a week ago and I was informed that i got the job!! I'm soo happy with this it took me over the moon!! Maybe not the airline of my dreams but the job of my dreams !

Thank you everyone for supporting me during my assessment for emirates Airlines!
I will write here some of my news very soon!!!
Keep in touch and good luck to everyone

Hugs

luckygirl12
28th Apr 2011, 02:44
Hello,
I'm pretty new at this but i been keeping up with all your posts first off I would like to say congrats to all of you receiving your GC I received my GC today as well and words cannot explain how excited and happy i am. My doj is June 20th does anybody else have this date?? if so i would love to chat =)

trizakalerwa
28th Apr 2011, 08:47
Hey Kenyan,
Thanks so much and all the best to you too. See you pretty soon. Keep your head up and hoping. All the best, you surely deserve it. Will keep praying for you.

Kristina_
28th Apr 2011, 14:37
[Text speak]

piyal
28th Apr 2011, 20:39
yes I do have current experience of more than 5 years as a cabin crew. and I was given the option by the recruiter at the FI. Didn't ask for it. However, I checked with some of my friends working there, they say regular fleets are better than A380 right now.
You can change later, they do open up vacancies and application for A380 for time to time.
Congratulations to you, all the best for your training.:ok:

please help me!!
I am trying to log into my emirates account, the same has been inactive, don't know why. can someone please tell me why is that. I gave my FI 3 days 4 days back.
Am quite anxious

luckygirl12
29th Apr 2011, 04:21
:ugh:Is anybody else having trouble signing in to their EK account?? I keep trying to log on but it says internet explorer problem????

leyna19
29th Apr 2011, 07:21
yes me too, i canoot log on in emirates career. there is a problem with their website i think:ugh:

MIK2009
29th Apr 2011, 17:05
Yes there could be a problem with the website or they might just be updating the list of open days for June!

fingers crossed!

TriniEK
29th Apr 2011, 18:55
Those who were unable to log on. You can try now. I just got in.

mimi294
29th Apr 2011, 18:59
i was so excited when i saw your comment,,,,but i have just checked their website and it is still the same:ugh:,,,no change has been made to the open days:\

KiErA
29th Apr 2011, 23:04
i just did...managed to log on. but it's weird this time. i was trying to update my profile unfortunately was unable to do so. is it because the open day that i have chosen is just around the corner? thanks in advance!!!!

misspepsi25
30th Apr 2011, 19:38
[Text speak]

shatinho
30th Apr 2011, 21:31
Hi all you PPruners! I want to thank each and every one of you who have contributed to this unbelievably insightful forum. For those who have not yet realised their dream of becoming cabin crew, you should feel good in knowing that you've helped many others realise theirs, just by sharing your experiences.
I'll be attending the AD in Johannesburg next week Saturday 07 May. It will be my second attempt with Emirates, the first time I was eliminated at the group discussion which takes place after the English test. On my way home I thought about the discussion and where I might have gone wrong, I realised that I might have been too talkative because I was suggesting solutions, more than most of the other people in the group.
Are their any other people planning to attend the AD in Johannesburg?

To all those waiting for the GC, fingers, toes, ears, legs, arms and everything else crossed! To the rest of us, please don't give up, especially if you know you have what they looking for. Its only a matter of time before we get what we so badly want. ;)

micol
1st May 2011, 14:22
Hello everyone, i just want to share my experience with you and my waiting period!
I made my final interview on 29th March in Venice... still waiting for some news!
Today they sent me an e-mail asking me to re-send the passport size photos in jpeg format (i had sent them in pdf format 1 month ago).
What do you think about that? Let me know!

Good luck to all!:ok:

layla_hart
2nd May 2011, 07:15
Sounds positive to me! They called me a few weeks after my FI and asked me to re-send formal photographs and casual photographs that I didnt have with me on the day ASAP and a few weeks after that i received my GC! I think this means they are processing your file and getting everything in order for Final Approval... I hope so anyway! Good luck and positive thinking! x

piyal
2nd May 2011, 08:18
I gave my FI on 25th April, checked the account, it says under review. Can someone please elaborate what it means. Am not quite aware.

loowla
2nd May 2011, 13:35
they're coming back to Kenya in June. . this time I Am applying early so that i get the invite. . . :O :O :O

Timlim127
2nd May 2011, 15:48
Hi Guys, I would like to ask if is it possible for other nationalities to fly to nearby countries to attend an AD which will be conducted by an appointed agency.

Appointed Agency is Sass Atlantic.

Hong Kong will be having an AD on June 25 and I badly want to attend this and be part of EK.

Tina1
2nd May 2011, 22:50
[Text speak]

SHEILACC
3rd May 2011, 08:04
Hey Guys!

FINALLY!! June is here and it marks the end of my 6 months waiting period. Just applied for the AD in June and hoping I will get the invite soon. Anyone else applied for the AD?

Thank you all for your great advice.

Keep you all posted.

MissUAE
3rd May 2011, 12:22
Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone has attended an Open Day before 6 months of waiting. If so, what happened?.
How do they realize?.

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

dreams82
3rd May 2011, 13:48
[Text speak]

akoti19
3rd May 2011, 14:00
OH Sheillac,I wish you all the very best:ok::ok::ok::cool:.I hope this time they will respond fast.

TriniEK
3rd May 2011, 14:25
There is a new rule. Even if you attended an OD and did'nt make it to the group discussion you still have to wait the six months. :=

Candidates are given a form to complete before the presentation, which ask if you have ever attended an OD. If yes, state when.
So if you are honest and say yes, then they'll know and you'll have to wait. :{

Sashna
3rd May 2011, 22:37
I am new here...

It it my dream to become a Cabin Crew since early days of school, just why I didnt pursue it earlier I dont know.

So hopefully this site will gear me up and help me make decisions etc, I have a very long way to go.:ugh:

I am looking to apply with emirates or Quatar..did browse through their website and seems like they are not recruiting here in England at the momment.

BUTTER-FLY
3rd May 2011, 23:52
Hello People, I have a little question for someone who want to answer to me!!! I´m going to have my final the day after tomorrow and I have to explaing that I´m working out of the law, I mean without salary receive or without a contrat, I receive weekle wages...!! and my question is, what is the best way to explaing that? to make them understand that I don´t hace salary receive but if they want, can talk with my boss, anyway, is somebody could help me, I´ll appreciate....!!! good luck people.

MIK2009
4th May 2011, 07:16
I am excited that finally the open day in my country is close! 11th June.. The only open day i attended was with qatar and i was not even shortlisted!! sad
After i did not get the call. I was very disappointed. I figured cause the fear was too bold on my face lol..this time im gona try to be more at ease and to follow the mentioned advices from you guys...this time i am not going to put my expectation high.

Gabriella
4th May 2011, 08:27
you can explain that you do not work with a contract in a very professional manner: for example you can say you choosed to collaborate with that company because they didn't have available jobs, but you wanted so much to work for them and gain experience that you accepted a collaboration contract which is not registred, just formal. i had the same situation to explain :) hope it helps!

I have a question, i uploaded all medical documents, but on the left margin on the candidates portal it still says Medicals in progress. Is this a problem or it is the way it should be? thank you very much.
Who has DOJ 30th of May besides me and Maureen?

piyal
4th May 2011, 08:53
my status changed to 'You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest' today, so can someone please tell me, when I can expect a call? I am a cabin crew, and I would be flying out of the country tonight and won't be reachable tomorrow.

kenyan85
4th May 2011, 09:42
they will call in the next two days. You can forward your calls to voicemail, they will leave you a message with a number to call back. Congratulations , you made it :)

piyal
4th May 2011, 09:57
thanks so much....I do not have a voice mail, that is what worrying me a little, given them an alternate number, hope they call on that, then some one can take a message and keep the number for me to call back

anacernic
4th May 2011, 11:52
Hellow everyone!
I got my GC today! :) I missed the call at first, but then I called them back, and the guy told me, that I got accepted, and that I have to do my medicals.
DOJ id 13 June. Is anyone else leaving on that day?

Wish you good luck to all who are waiting on a call :)

akoti19
4th May 2011, 14:37
when dressing up for the interview, does the blazer have to match with the skirt or does the suit have to be one cut?if they are not going to ask someone to remove the blazer,can one wear long-sleeved? anyone please?

piyal
4th May 2011, 14:52
not necessary to wear absolutely matching skirt and jacket, but wear a contrast that matches or colours that are close to each other and people cannot make out difference.
However, if you go for the FI, make sure your clothes and make up is impeccable, because, all there attention going to be on your detailing. Save the red lipstick for FI.
And they will not ask you to open the jacket, so you can wear any sleeve.

flying around
4th May 2011, 16:55
Congratulations !
My joining date is also on the 13/06.. From which country you will fly to Dubai?

HYO
5th May 2011, 00:21
Hi everyone, i did my FI on 11th of April in sydney.

Because it was my first OD i didnt know we need to register online. I just made my account on career website and did not register to OD itself.. that's why i can't see the status...is there any way to put that OD to my account?
It's been 3weeks waiting now without any response...

anacernic
5th May 2011, 10:20
Ooo, that's great! I'll be flying from Slovenia. What about you? Have you done your medicals already?

akoti19
6th May 2011, 12:48
kenyan85 have you received your GC yet? keep us posted and all the best

akoti19
6th May 2011, 12:53
Is it too early to ask if anyone has got an invite to the upcoming 11th Nairobi AD? my status still reads"applied"
Another question,"was it necessary to reapply for this upcoming AD because my other status for the previous AD reads "review in progress".I thought they should have discarded it so as for one to reapply afresh.

orchid553
7th May 2011, 07:38
Hello,
I have one questions to those who have already joined. Do we have to redo all the medical tests during the training when we come to Dubai? What I am interested in EKG. As far as I know they will do blood test and check us for drugs! Any other tests?
Thanks.

Offloaded
7th May 2011, 17:17
Hello, everyone. I don't know if this belongs in this thread, I wanted to create a new one but did not want to break forum rules or something.

I just came home from the AD in Bucharest, Romania. It wasn't your average AD as this one was organised by Lalsat International Romania. Yesterday, 06.05.2011, 200 of us showed up on time for a prescreening interview with the appointed agency as scheduled. We had been told that we would be competing for 70 spots.

We started at 08.00 am and in the vening there were only 70 of us left. Out of the 70, 6 of us were male. We went through an English test, reach test, group discussion and we all submitted our CVs and photos.

The very next day we showed up for the interview with Emirates recruiters at 08.00 sharp. The agency guys arrived at 08.15. People were getting frustrated when we saw that it was 09.00 and the recruiters were nowhere to be seen.

Around 09.15 a strange thing happened. Two guys showed up, Cvs in hand, went through the crowd strait for the agency people. They shook hands, talked and laughed for about 10 minutes, it was obvious they were old acquaintances.

09.35 the two recruiters arrived, XXXX from XXXXXX and XXXXXX from XXX. It was the first time that I saw recruiters who looked like they were homeless. Hair was loose and an overall mess, wearing the kind of clothes that one would wear around the house after a bad break-up. They went inside the interview room followed by our beloved agency people. 10 minutes later Mr Radu, the agency manager came out and told the two guys who skipped the prescreening that it's all set. The two guys started cheering and hugged the two girls in casual clothes who had joined them.

All of a sudden another person came inside the hotel, a girl wearing a skirt, nice shoes and a leather jacket, the kind bikers wear. Same thing. Agency guy went inside to talk to the recruiters, came out and said it's all set.

So now we were 73 despite being told that 70 was what the initial number was. These 3 people seemed to have special treatment.

All in all, during the first stage of the assesment, the two men proved that they had no English skills whatsoever. One of them, when he was requested to tell us something about the girl on his left reffered to her 17 times as " He " until the recruiter told him the right word.

After the first stage, all 6 guys who went through the prescreening like regular people failed. The only two remaining men were the two guys who just showed up for the interview.

The girl with the leather jacket had even worse English skills and she stayed in the race....

I waited outside and talked to the two girls accompanying the two "lucky" men and found out that they had been successful in a previous interview organised by Lalsat, and that they received their golden calls just 4 days after their FI. I find that unusual as the other girls who attended the same interview waited for about 4 weeks to receive their GC. While talking, without realising, one of the girls said that they didn't go through the prescreening either, and that she panicked during the interview because for a moment she forgot what she had memorised to tell the recruiters.

Bottom line.

This interview and the one 2 months ago were just one big fraud. Lalsat International is a freakin' joke. I am so dissappointed!!! There are more than 25 of us, who are going to write an open letter to Emirates, sign it ourselves and ask for ODs in Romania or ADs with nominal invitations from Emirates, no more Lalsat and bribes but I doubt it will matter, we live in Romania after all.

Anyway, if you are reading this and if you can afford it, if you want a real chance, go to some nearby country where there is no agency, otherwise I guarantee you will be waiting for 6 months to pass like we are now.

piyal
7th May 2011, 18:43
the status on the portal says...you'l be contacted by the recruit coordinator, but its been 4 days but no call. :(
I am restless and very anxious. I don't know it that status update is 100% positive or not.
what am I suppose to do or wait for how long till I call them?

user2011
7th May 2011, 19:21
hello,

unfortunately I agree with you. i was there today, I took part of this embarassing situation. I could not belive this was happening. I saw with my own eyes everything that you wrote in pevious post.

we should do something about this, and if you are willing to join you are welcome on the romanian forum : cabin-crew.MyForum.ro :: Vizualizare subiect - Interviu emirates 07 mai 2011 (http://cabin-crew.myforum.ro/viewtopic.php?p=5305#5305) to be part of this.

luckygirl12
7th May 2011, 19:46
Medicals are sooo hard to get done!! I have been going through hell, i went to my doctors expleined why i needed all the paper work for then he sent me out to get the xray and labs done went back three days later to get all my results and he told me it takes up to 3o days to be able to hand over all my paper work to me!!!!! OMG!!!:ugh: i am freaking out big time and to top it all off i lost my immunization card...so now i have to take all the shots all over again!!!!