PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ally23x
9th Nov 2010, 16:33
I hope I don't reply too late.

I went to an AD a while ago and the recruiters told us the followings regarding the full lenght and passport size pictures for womens:

Full lenght:
-you need to have a business suite: knee lenght skirt (it has to be not above and not below your knees but precisely at the middle of your knees) and a jacket that has to fit your arms lenght and has to be closed in a way that your shirt will be seen only at your chest level

The lady was very nice and told us that there is no need to buy a suite, we can borrow one and even if it is too big we can use some pins to make it appear ok in the foto( lift the skirt at the necessary level, make our sleeves shorter by rounding them inside whatever it takes as long as it can't be seen in the photo)

-your shirt, or blouse(you are allowed to) has to show your neck entirely but cover your chest well, as we are talking about an arab culture, and they said it can be any colour, including black if compliments you
-you have to have colour skin stockings that compliment your skin tone
-you have to wear heels, it is compulsory to be closed shoes (court shoes for example)
-the only jwelery you can have is earings that are not hanging, and if it is the case the wedding ring
-your hair has to be neatly tied back (if is shoulder lenght), they need to clearly see your face
-make-up should follow EK style...look at some ek cabin crew pictures and you will see the make-up they wear, the famous red lip-stick :)
-the body posture is the most important: you have to stand tall facing the camera, so they can see both your ears, showing a welcoming smyle, your arms have to be around your body but not to cover your hips, your legs have to be either parallel or one foot slightly forward so they can see both your legs entirely

Passport:

Photos have to be made in the same outfit and look as the full lenght ones and of course a lovely smyle

About men pictures, I am sorry but at our AD we did not had any boy and they did not mention the body posture or anythingh else.

I wish you best of luck Duckling, and follow Mari's advice: research a lot about Emirates before you go to the OD/AD. It will increase your self confidence which is a must for you to be successful!

Kind regards,
Alex

Agneese
9th Nov 2010, 17:58
Hey! Does anyone know the of people in London assestment day...and how many of them end up being hired?Is it hard to get the invite? Where does it usually take place???

Also does anyone have info about previous Budapest OD

I would be really happy if someone could share some info...:)

...And if I apply online to some OD and they send me not shortlisted,does that mean I can not attend any OD in next 6months?

Thank you so much:O

ally23x
9th Nov 2010, 20:41
You can attend an OD even if you weren't shortlisted. If you attend an AD there has to pass a 6 months period so you can reapply if you didn't make it to the FI and 1 year if you have made it all the way through but didn't got selected.

Duckling
9th Nov 2010, 23:11
Hi ally thank you for your reply, I dont have suit will it matter if the colours do not match? can i just wear a long sleave black shirt and a skirt with heels?

and can i have a side fringe? a little bit?

missB
10th Nov 2010, 02:26
Hi Duckling - have a look through the previous forums. It might take you awhile to get through the topics, but look out for the big posts that will tell you everything you need to know about an open day (how to present yourself, what will happen etc) and applying for Emirates. Good luck!

Biotech
10th Nov 2010, 02:57
As mari said take your time to read this forum. Emirates
Recruitment VII has hundred of this questions answered.

Ally23x has told you already everything you need for that
picture, and i mean EVERYTHING. Stocking, hair, jacket,
skirt.:confused: Borrow one if you don't have
one. It is just a picture. I took mine at home and i
still got the job. Ally even told what to do if the suit
is to big for your body.
If you are that insecure why don't you do as she said.

Best of luck with the open day.
:cool:

ally23x
10th Nov 2010, 05:31
Hey sweety!

What I wrote earlier is precisely what they told us. From what they told us, I understand they want to be able to imagine from your picture how you would look in their uniform. So I believe is a must to have a suite. But as I said you can borrow one from your friends.

About fringes on one side, I would recomend you don't...as they said your hair style has to be neat, but is your choice.

I would recomend you to follow all the guidelines I mentioned earlier, because if you don't, they will ask you to do the photos again...on your expense. I had very very nice pictures but I had one foot slightly covering the other and they asked me to do my photos again (everything else being precisely as they were asking). It is your choice if you follow what I said, but it is what they were asking and if you don't follow now, you might still follow these later.

Best regards,
Alex

TriniEK
10th Nov 2010, 11:44
Hi emirategirl,

I'll be going also.

Hi ally23X,

Thanks for posting that information.

sourib
10th Nov 2010, 17:35
Hi guys,
I didn't receive any answer from EK after 6 wks. No rejection mail nor GC.!!!
My FI was in Sep 2nd in Montreal Canada. We were 3 in FI and no one of us get an answer. I think they forget us or we are " victims " of the conflict btwn UAE and CANADA:\.
I send them an email, no answer. I tried multiple time to call them no answer....
I am so confused, what should i do?
Good luck for everyone here :) .

ally23x
10th Nov 2010, 18:53
Does anyone know if EK contacted the references that you provided? And if so...did they contacted you before in order to anounce you as they said they will?

Thank you!

MicheEK
10th Nov 2010, 19:16
Sweetmissy, i applied on the 3rd november but i had applied for an AD in another country. Five days later i received the invitation to attend the ad in my country. All the best in your AD too.

Mari
10th Nov 2010, 22:15
They might check your references. They contacted mine! They did not contact my flatmate's last year. Too many new peole: I reckon they do spot checks. No worries! If they check, it should be 30 sec on the phone or an e-mail. Do not stress about it now!!!!!!!

Mari
10th Nov 2010, 22:20
Duckling, hundreds apply for Ek each month. Make an effort for God's sake!!!

ally23x
11th Nov 2010, 05:59
Thank you! You are a life saviour through your posts and replies on this forum! :)

Sori84
11th Nov 2010, 07:35
Hey all,

I'm due to fly out in under two weeks and my resignation letter is still showing up as "in progress"...does anyone know whether or not this needs to show up as completed prior to receiving the visa and e-ticket? I have posted a question to Emirates regarding this but haven't heard back yet, and I haven't received an email from them asking me to redo it either...

Any responses would be appreciated!

zwerko
11th Nov 2010, 07:44
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

miyako
11th Nov 2010, 09:06
I can assure you that the reason isn't the conflict between UAE and Canada!
but waiting tooo long before you hear from EK is now so common and trendy!
i had to wait 3 months before i hear from them, and many other people!!
they never reply any emails, keep trying to call them ( Dubai timing )

GOOD LUCK

She is kenyan
11th Nov 2010, 11:42
Just like my title reads, this is my second preliminary this year. I do count myself lucky but i dont know why am so 'psychless' sp.. I dont know if its because of the disappointment of failing the first one, which usually someone looks so forward to, or its just the time of the month, lol... I will just go for it since i have nothing to lose, its on a sunday so i dont have to borrow permission from work, i will go through it like a zombie, lifeless, with no hope for passing.. Such a pity.. Someone give me some encouraging words... Oh, btw the interview is on 14, 3 days away..

ada123
11th Nov 2010, 12:37
HELLO,
Does anybody attend the OD in Rome, 27 november?

MLiz
11th Nov 2010, 14:04
Hello everyone,

Tomorrow there will be one month from my Final Interview, and three weeks from pending documents submission. I hope to get some news from EK soon, since I've seen here that some people wait veeery much for news lately.
I'm also happy to see more co-nationals in the forum (ally23x and ada123), so best of luck to all of you!

ally23x
11th Nov 2010, 17:46
I am a dynamic thinker :)) I don't know what that means but it is an interesting aproach of the personality types :p

kenyan85
11th Nov 2010, 18:55
That makes you an ENTJ. In my opinion, you'd make a great purser due to your excellent leadership qualities. There are good and not-so-good sides to every personality type. Check out these links - ENTJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTJ) , and Portrait of an ENTJ (http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTJ.html). Cheers xx

RiRi25
11th Nov 2010, 18:58
hey guys

even though this is completely irrelevant and off the subject, i always wondered what do cabin crew do on really long flights, do they just hang around in the back or is every minute filled out with some activity? also, are the girls in the emirates billboards real cabin crew or are they just models/commercial actors? and one semi-real question - i read a loooot about fringes on this website and how your hair has to be really neat and pulled back, but when i google pics of cabin crew, i noticed more than a few wearing their fringes down in their faces, so are you allowed to have a fringe or not? thanks

gtbfly
12th Nov 2010, 04:52
Hello, I need some help. I already went through the screening process, got the final interview, got the DOJ, uploaded all medicals except for the dental. I have 2 missing teeth lower part of my mouth, they're in the middle of the lower arch, more towards the back, rest of my mouth it's perfect. I have braces to close those spaces. Anyone know if this is a problem? According to Emirates, missing gap or teeth if posterior and unnoticable, it's ok yet I'm still afraid they may turn me down when I'm 95% in!

Please, I'm going nuts here!

Lucy.R
12th Nov 2010, 05:48
It can not be visible. If you have braces they wont hire you unless it is invisible and you can talk normally.

I_Love_EK
12th Nov 2010, 07:34
Hi kenyan 85. I always enjoy your posts. You seem to have a very positive outlook on life, and you're always so helpful. Just wondering why you feel odds are against you for the AD in December? You've made the FI twice which is a great achievement, trust me. Thousands of people apply numerous times and sometimes don't even make the first cut. I think you are very close to being an EK cabin crew member. I wish you all the best for December.

Also I would love some personal help from you in preparation for my next attempt in April next year. Would you mind if I PM'd you in a few weeks/months?

AlfaEcho
12th Nov 2010, 08:04
Hi everybody.

It might be that my question has already been answered in previous posts but I tried to look back a little and could not find the answer.

Does any of you know what are the chances of getting into Emirates cabin crew as a male applicant? Usually the average cabin crew composition on a flight is composed of how many males and females? (My guess is ratio of 1 man, 4 girls, but I might easily be wrong)

Thank you for your replies!

perkin1
12th Nov 2010, 10:51
Still possible for guys to get in.. But not easy,

Their girl to guy ratio is currently around 75-25. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Hence they normally only progress about 1-4 guys through to the final interview

Make sure you are exceptionally groomed... Looks/appearance is the most important part... Always look the recruiters in the eye and smile... if you can make them smile also then even better.

Best advise i can give you, is STAND OUT from the others, ask unique questions.. look at it from the recruiters point of view and what they'd be looking for in a male applicant..
If you make an impression and they remember you, then that's the best you can do really... especially since they only ever recommend 1-2 guys per recruitment day to actually get the job.

I'm a guy myself and was one of the lucky ones to get through.. still waiting on final approval though...

Himmelmat
12th Nov 2010, 11:58
hey guys....
i finished my medicals one month ago and still in progress about my final approval.... ( my DOJ is january the 17th)
why so long about answer?

kenyan85
12th Nov 2010, 13:00
hey, thanks for the kind words. Yes you can pm me and I'll see how I can help you. Cheers.

p.s - yes , it is true that for males , you have to be exceptional. OK just wont cut it for EK.

xx

Duckling
12th Nov 2010, 13:56
Hi people,
I'm in desperate need of help, I have stressed over the passed week finally had my pictures done and applied for the assessment day for th1 14th December, but now emiartes got back to me advising me to go on to Newcastle ont he 27th, its too far away and i have no means of travelling there. How do i request to go to the one in Birmingham or London?
Does anyone know? because i chose those dates i'm working part time and i can't just take any day off.

please help i'm in desperate need :)

p.s they gave me no form of contact details.

gtbfly
12th Nov 2010, 16:15
But the contract from Emirates clearly states that "lingual" braces are allowed

abigailnoo
12th Nov 2010, 17:06
Those who got the GC from EK recently, could you see the number on your mobile, that the call was from UAE or the number is not displayed on the phone? Just worrying as I passed a call two days a go but I can't see any number :rolleyes: Hopefully they will call me soon...waiting for my GC since 7 weeks now..

I_Love_EK
13th Nov 2010, 05:09
It varies. I have two friends who were called on a private number, and another friend who had a Dubai number come up. Sorry that doesnt really answer your question!

Biotech
13th Nov 2010, 05:25
Perkin and alpha echo, I guess it depends depends on their needs, gender, languague, etc. From my AD only 6 or 7 girls got their GC, and 13 to 14 guys theirs GC too.
So the the relationship in our group was 2 to 1 in our favor. More guys than girls:}

They were looking for more guys in our Ad perhaps, Who knows for sure. Do not lose hope and give it a try.:cool:

Gtbfly. If they are lingual braces, and the missing teeth are not visible, then tell your dentist when he is filling the appendix 5 to write in general appearance that your general appearance is healthy, the missing teeth are unnoticeable and cosmetically acceptable. :}

The dentist should specify the treatment carried out, they are not visible and will not cause you trouble in your performance for instance.

Good look to you all guys and see you in Dubai in 2 weeks probably!!!!:ok:

Biotech
13th Nov 2010, 06:04
The number on my cellphone appeared as a Private number, meaning that the number was not displayed. Let's hope it wasnt your GC. So start answering even without knowing who is making the call.:ok:

abigailnoo
13th Nov 2010, 11:17
Thanks I_love_EK and Biotech for your reply. Yes, I really wonder who might have called me. Of course I hope they will call me again. Waiting is quite tiring without knowing if all the documents I submitted was complete or whether my FI was not good enough for them:sad:

The girl in my batch got a call from EK, but they asked her to send EK some passport pictures and they will then contact her again in about two or three weeks..

Anyone got a GC from a private number? :confused:

miyako
13th Nov 2010, 13:24
I believe that was your GC, as when they called me the number also was not displayed!
NO NUMBER was on my log after the call was ended!
you'de better try to contact them they once you missed your first call, they take too long before they call again ( a friend of mine had to wait one month after missing the first call )

wish you best of luck!

abigailnoo
13th Nov 2010, 13:58
Oh..thank you for your reply. It makes me a little bit better :O
Do you know the number of the HR-Department which I can contact?
Anyway I suppose they are not working today (Saturday) in UAE but tomorrow yes (Sunday). Am I right?

YELLYBABY
13th Nov 2010, 14:44
Hi everyone!
I have not been on the forum for so long!Just wanted to give a little post joining info to those who are joining soon.

I joined 5th of October and I have not looked back.I'm in my final week of training now and will start flying on the 25th of November. So far training has been really hectic, really hectic.Long days and studying at night, but I have had awesome trainers, it's been lots of fun.

I love Dubai, I have been having the most amazing time here, there is just too much to do and see.Beach party at the Palm this week, desert safari the next, or just hanging at the pool on the roof of your building if your broke(which is very likely.hehe). I have met awesome people from all over the world, I have friends litterally from every continent.I have become such good friens with those that were also on the portal and joined with me. Of course there is ALWAYS negative people, but thats life, its your attitude at the end of the day.I feel priviledged to be here and EK makes you feel really special as well.Because if you get chosen you are really special.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

xxx

EK salma AC
13th Nov 2010, 16:27
We had to be dressed in a knee length skirt/dress with skin color stockings,for ladies that is and for men it was a plain suit.The recruiters:two ladies,came in a bit late and some other people,my stocking got torn in the morning and had to wait till 8a.m to get a new one despite waking up at 5a.m and being ready by 6a.m....that really pissed me off but oh well what to do.When I got there they were doing the presentations about Emirates Airline and it was not until after the Question and Answer session that they gave us numbers they told us they did not need the Letters of invitation which had our reference no.since they already had our names I guess that is when it really started.We were then told to sit in groups around 30people in each group 105 in total,told to inquire from the person on our right their greatest achievement and present it to the group meanwhile each of us taking the reach test as they asked us what we do currently,I said hello and told her am a student at University she was like thats good but when I mentioned that am a second year (since I started doing my Business administration degree combining it with my Tourism Management degree at an American university) she was like 'so you have two more years to go' the way she said it made me feel uneasy almost like go back to school and finish your studies first.
Later,the other group was asked to give reasons why our government should have a space centre while our group was asked to give reasons why not.Later they came and chose specific people from both groups to present our findings,they all got through to the next round.Most of the very loud and domineering people where out and during this elimination,105 people they chose only sixteen after this stage and yeah I got cut out.One recruiter liked a certain girl she had been quite nervous when she presented and after she called her name to get her letter,she was like,wait,she went in and got another one which she gave her and she was in.I'll finish my studies before reapplying.All the best to the anyone going for any interview.:)

miyako
13th Nov 2010, 20:19
Pm me then i provide the contacts!

@Himmelmat
i uploaded my medicals 1 week ago, then i asked EK how long does it take approximately to get them approved, they said that it has been notified to the right person already and they shall revert to me soon!!
however i know that probably they will only reply one month prior to joining as they did with many people!

Samantha in Sydney
14th Nov 2010, 09:01
Hi guys,

After 4 and a half long weeks I finally got the GC today!

My DOJ is 17th January (anyone else have this date?)

Sam :)

frequentflyer11
14th Nov 2010, 10:14
Congratulations Sam on receiving your GC!!! You've been very helpful throughout this forum so very well deserved:) Best wishes!

Ele87
14th Nov 2010, 13:29
Congrats sam!!! Very well deserved I hope to see you over there :-)

leiser182
14th Nov 2010, 17:31
Finally after a month there's some news they have approved my documents for security but still waiting for final approval on my medicals. How are you doing? best of luck

Samantha in Sydney
14th Nov 2010, 21:51
Thanks for your kind words everyone! I'm very excited!

For those of you who are wondering... they NEVER called my referees.

I'm not sure if maybe they will contact my referees after I do my medicals/security check, but why would they if they have already called me?

Leiser182 - See you on January 17th! Are you on face book? Send me your details!

yuki_cx
15th Nov 2010, 02:00
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone was called up to attend the assessment days on dec 6th and 7th in Osaka?
Cheers

miyako
15th Nov 2010, 06:17
Thanks alot dear, and hopefully we see each other in Dubai!

@ Leiser
good to know that ! hopefully final approval will follow!

miyako
15th Nov 2010, 06:25
I think that they approved my documents of security too!
it was in progress since i uploaded them, but today it's marked with COMPLETED
thank god!

Agneese
15th Nov 2010, 09:36
Hey everyone! Sam,congratulations,happy to hear you got your golden call:D

So I finally decided that I will go to Düsseldorf in December for the OD..But now I have to book my flight tickets(thinking about 10-13dec) and I am a little bit confused with the dates...The OD starts 11th of dec,but will it be over with 2 days? Since I have to stay in a hotel it is important to know the duration of the OD,since it is pretty expensive.I assume that 11-OD/AD and 12-final interviews...Could someone help me with this...How is it usually in Germany? I have heard that there is not many people attending...

Thanks in advance and really good luck to everyone;)

anna19b
15th Nov 2010, 12:06
Helloo evreybody! I've been to an interview with emirates 2 weeks ago and after 1 week I've seen that my status changed to "approval in progress" I would like to know what that means? I should be happy or not:rolleyes: If I have this status I might receive the GC soon???? Or there are chances that I would have a unhappy answer? Thank you very much and good luck to all of you!!!!

danny21
15th Nov 2010, 13:14
Hi can you tell me where you learnt of the OD in Trindad on November 27 and where it will be. I will really appreciate it thnx a million:)

leiser182
15th Nov 2010, 15:14
good to know that yeah and lets hope the final approval is next, keep me updated

miyako
15th Nov 2010, 20:00
Congrates in advance!
you'll receive your GC soon!

ViaMarconi
15th Nov 2010, 21:06
anyone joining 22 November...

ViaMarconi
15th Nov 2010, 21:17
[Text speak]

URUFLIESDUBAI
15th Nov 2010, 23:11
Hello there everyone!: First of all I would like to thank to all the people that dedicates time to this blog and to everybody´s doubts and concerns.
Lots of posts giving precise information and encouragmente to keep going in this endeavour.:D:D
I write to see if anybody here is going to this same situation.
I went to an open on sept 25th. everything was really good, I went through the whole process to my FI.
In the end there were 14 of us.
some of us were sent off during the first week by mail. As far as I know, 2 guys were out.
after 4 weeks, a girl, who became close to me, received the undesired mail as well.
After the 6 weeks waiting, didnt get any answer, so I sent HR a mail asking about my situation, but still waiting the answer, hehe.
Two girls were contacted by phone to be told that they were selected, and to join on jan 17th.
anyway, of the people I kept in touch, there´s a guy and me( both male), still waiting.
Our status didnt change in the portal. It´s still "under review".
is it possible that they are managing another group to join later?
I said in my FI, that I would need time to set everything, go back to my country, spend saome time with my family after moving definetly to DXB.
As well, I read here, that lots os people went through the process really quick. Getting it all done in one month and receiving the call.
Is there any reason to think that they will call me later?, or after this time, I should better start thinking in leaving it?
Thanks in advance people!!!!

Samantha in Sydney
15th Nov 2010, 23:24
Hello,

Can someone please tell me approximately how long it takes to receive the email with the link to the candidate portal after I received the GC?

When I got my GC on Sunday the lady made it sound like I would get the email straight away but I haven't got it yet!

Thanks,

ViaMarconi
16th Nov 2010, 02:52
2days after the GC..But had to call HR to inform them that I could not log into my portal with the link they had sent to my email..

gudluck n Godbless

Sori84
16th Nov 2010, 07:54
Hola/Ciao!!

My DOJ is also the 22nd November, although I am still awaiting my Visa and E-Ticket so not sure what time I will be flying out from Brisbane, Australia. :confused:

I look forward to seeing you both there!!!

leiser182
16th Nov 2010, 12:24
They will send it to you like two or three days after you GC or maybe if you had an account at emirates career web site you can open it now. good luck with your medicals

Don Pablo
16th Nov 2010, 17:49
I had given up on applyiing for AD's but it seems Emirates are coming back. That's rare for them to come to Nairobi twice in the space of a month. Anyway, I really need any help I can get. What do they consider when deciding who to invite for the AD? I've had photo's where i wasn't smiling first two times I applied but no success. I edited my photo to smile but same outcome. I've tried editing my application letter and all but no success. So is itt because I have no prior work expirience despite having a bachelor's degree? I'm really desparate to attend the AD. Please assist with suggestionss on what might be wrong. Cheers

ally23x
16th Nov 2010, 20:00
In my opinion, in order to get the invite for an AD you have to troughly want it first, which from what I see - you do. Then, research the company and the position of cabin crew very, very, very well. And create an effective CV. You might have only your Bachelor degree, but try to find a way to emphasize how your qualities meet the EK requirements (which you will discover trough research), for example when you mention personal skills: trough all the projects I was part of for my studies I became a reliable team player and I gained problem solving abilies...You know yourself and you should try to highlight your qualities, even though you don't have work experience. You have to show them that you would be able to do the job providing excelent customer care.

Anyway, if you only have to submit the online application this is vital. As I completed it I have seen that the only part where you can prove what I said earlier is in the letter of application. So you have to convince them trough your essay that you are precisely what they are looking for, that you can perfom the job successfully and that they should hire you for this!!!!

Argument how you aquired every personal quality, ability or skill trough personal examples. And try to insert as many qualities as posible, but be honest and really figure out if you have them. If you don't have them they will notice during your AD and it will be useless. For example: you have a little sister and raising toghether you learned how to be responsible and caring...I really don't know you, this is why I can't tell you what so write there. You are the only one that knows. But if you wish this thingh enough you will find a way to sell yourself as the best employee for EK :)

Good luck!

SHEILACC
17th Nov 2010, 05:54
"Being a leading airline with exemplary services serving over 62 countries Emirates has proven to be of a diverse culture that supports business the world over. I would like to work with the Emirates Group to enhance this and because it is a rapidly expanding airline and it fosters professional development opportunities that helps their employees develop new skills and grow their careers successfully. There would be no greater honor to be associated with such an organization. I have a passion for flying and public relation and the emirates group offers a wonderful ground for this, full of challenges and experiences that I would gladly"

is there anything wrong with this letter of application? I was not shortlisted for the December AD in Kenya.

africangirl
17th Nov 2010, 07:37
Hi Guys,
well i had my OD this past weekend, in Nairobi, and i have to say a lot of the content on this forum really helped me out, so i think its just fair that i post my experience as it just might help someone out.

We were to report at 8.30am at a very nice hotel in Nairobi. It was a rainy morning and i got there at 8.00am. We were shown the way to the conference hall and everyone was seated by 8.15am.
The recruiters came in 10 to 15 mins late. They were two very nice ladies, Hannah from UK, i think ( had a British accent) and Prita from India.

They started out by showing us a couple of videos about emirates, life in Dubai etc. This took about an hour. After the videos, the recruiters asked us questions about what we knew about Emirates and Life in Dubai.

They then asked the people without invites to wait outside, while the ones with invites to make a queue and get their name tags. The name stickers had one's name and number. i was smiling the entire time: and when the recruiter stuck my name on my suit, i smiled and said thank you while giving her eye contact.

After everyone was given their tags, we were divided into four groups, and were asked to wait outside. The people who did not have invites were asked to drop their CV's and were politely asked to leave.

Note that we were now down to 109 , these were the people who had letters of invitation.

The first two groups were asked to go in the conference room, then an hour later, the second two groups were asked to go in. I was in the last group.

We found the seats had been re-arranged into two huge circles for the groups. We were asked to sit in numerical order, then ask the person on your left about their favorite book and what that person learnt from it. You'd be surprised that some people were asking the person on their right!! As we were doing this, we were doing the reach test. i made sure i smiled once again, when it was my turn.The recruiter asked me what i was doing at the moment and i told her.(while smiling)

After this we were asked to individually stand up and say what you have learnt . This is when the recruiters started paying attention to everyone . i noticed that whenever someone stood up, they would look at your posture , your wodrobe and how you were talking and take notes as you presented.

After this we were asked to wait outside. Then after 10 to 20 min, they came with the pieces of paper either congratulating you for making it to the next round or not.

I made it through this round. i noticed that all the people who were not well groomed and those with funny postures were eliminated. we were now down to 13 . imagine from 109 to 13!!

We took an hours break, went back into the room where we were given an English test, everyone passed except for one guy, he was sent home.

We were now down to to 12 people . We were told to take a a break and come back at 4.45pm. Can you imagine there were two girls who came a whole 15min late!! Anyway, when we got back we were divided into two groups and asked to sit in numerical order. Our group was asked to imagine that we were UN security council, and suggest policies that would make our country better. At this point each recruiter took on a group. They asked us to be audible while discussing as they wanted to hear what we were saying. Our group was smart, and we all made sure we took turns in contributing points as we moved in a clockwise manner. After the discussion, the pieces of paper came again and everyone in my group made it to the next round.:ok: yaay!
As for the other group, the two girls who were late for this session obviously didnt make it, as well as another girl from that group.

We were now down to 8 people. We were congratulated as we had made it to the final interview, which was to happen on Monday 15th November. They then called us one by one, asked us about our educational qualifications and the languages we spoke. We were then called into the conference hall where we were given a whole bunch of paperwork to fill in at home, as well as an emirates DVD. The recruiters also told us about the photos to take and their specifications. i think i will post the specifications later. oh, we were also asked to fill in a psychometric test online before the final interview. The link was to be sent to our respective email.

Anyway Monday 15th came, got there 30min before time. As soon as i got their one of the recruiters called me in, asked me a bunch of questions about my previous work.. Took about an hour.

After the interview, a very strange thing happened, they gave me this weird IQ test.:confused: it was strange as i hadn't read about that in this forum. The test took 45 min.( Apparently everyone was given this test after the interview .) After i was done the recruiter told me to wait for feedback in 4 to 6 weeks!! here i am ...waiting. Fingers crossed guys and please keep me in your prayers. This job will not only change my life but my family as well. :-)

I_Love_EK
17th Nov 2010, 08:46
Thank you for posting your experience. Wow what a first cut! 109 to 13. That's amazing, you must have felt honored to get one of the successful letters.

I have my fingers crossed for you. Good people like you who share their experiences should get the job! Keep us posted :)

loloy101
17th Nov 2010, 09:37
anyone please post your experiences in attending Ek OD in Asia.

kenyan85
17th Nov 2010, 14:41
Hey africangirl, congratulations for making it this far! You're one step closer towards becoming Emirates's next Cabin Crew. Oh my word, that sounded exactly like Tyra Banks hehe! Anyway I digress. It seems that you put the pedal to the metal and did a stellar job at the AD. Congratulations once more. About the odd test - I had to do it when I first started my Emirates Adventure back in 2008. Yes, I'm an old boy! Now, the test is known in psychological circles as The Raven Test. It's mostly tests logical thinking and ability to give results under pressure. I am not sure, however, to what extent the results of this test count in the final decision i.e whether you get to be picked or not. I suspect it does. They just want to discriminate the excellent performers from the blah guys. I really hope you get it. From your account, I can tell that you are able to present your case in a coherent and systematic manner. I hope it transferred to your presentation in front of the recruiters. If you need help with the photos, PM me and I'll be glad to help. As for darling SHEILACC, nothing is wrong with your cover letter. Sometimes, I've come to realise, and I know that this sounds downright kooky, that you have to let go of your dream after intending it. If you've watched The Secret, you know what I'm talking about. Intend it -> Release it and watch what happens. After all, the whole world and universe is just energy. I'm sending you good vibes as I write this. The job is yours. You have to believe it, and release it to the Universe. You might also want to re-do your pictures, and you can PM me if you need help on this. At the end of it all, whatever is meant to be shall be. Cheers xx

Titty09
17th Nov 2010, 15:14
[Text speak]

DaniNani
17th Nov 2010, 22:22
Hey!

Anyone same DOJ (06th Dec)?:}

Samantha in Sydney
18th Nov 2010, 00:42
Hi SHEILACC,

I read your Letter of Application, it's great but I think that maybe you should talk more about yourself and less about the company. Sure, let them know that you have knowledge about Emirates, but remember they are asking you why YOU should be cabin crew. You need to sell yourself on paper first so you can get the chance to sell yourself in person later.

I think it should be alot longer too. They allow up to 4000 characters I think? Mine was one page long and I got the job.

Good job though, fix it up a little and it should be fine.

SHEILACC
18th Nov 2010, 06:37
African gal, congratulations on making it to the end and also posting your experience. I hope all works out for the best.
Kenyan 85,Thanks alot for the advise and offer to help. it will be very much appreciated. have an email address I can use? can send you the photos I applied with for your perusal.
Samantha thank you for your input. very much appreciated. congratulations on getting the job. hope to jpin you soon.

Mills2
18th Nov 2010, 08:44
Hey, this is my first post. I just wondered if anyone else is joining this monday-22nd November? I am flying out of London and my accommodation is Al Bannai Building. Be great to hear from you!

Titty09
18th Nov 2010, 09:48
hi @ Kenyan85 i'm quite new here. i would like to find out if one can attend the assesssment day in Kampala or Nairobi even without an invite and when is the latest one can apply online?

gwenbutterfly7
18th Nov 2010, 09:56
hello everyone

does anybody knows something about al muhaisnah that's where i'll live. as far as i could see it's an old aera... so i was wondering if therewas a pool and a gym there...
thnaks

SHEILACC
18th Nov 2010, 10:09
Thank you again.....I logged in to my portal and I have just received an inviation to the AD in Dec. Am very surprised but also grateful. there are miracles. excited. how about you be my teacher in preparation for the AD?

gwenbutterfly7
18th Nov 2010, 10:18
hello
i should have leave on 22nd too but finally on 23rd.... so maybe we'll see each other...

CuteAfrican
18th Nov 2010, 11:18
To everyone who's gotten a GC- congratulations. Great job!:D:D:D

And for everyone else who made it to the FI, congrats to you too! You guys are ROCKING it!!!

It's been a while since I was here, but I'm excited about the coming year. I get to reapply in March/April, and I'm really excited about that. :)

@kenyan85- good luck in the DEC AD- did you get your invite already?

~CuteAfrican

elmirk7
18th Nov 2010, 13:11
Does anyone know ANYTHING about (Matar Plaza Building , Al Nahda) ???? If the apartments are good , the building has a pool and a nice gym and near the the subway and stuff ????

PLEASE !!!

Titty09
18th Nov 2010, 13:31
any one got any idea what the photos in the online application should look like ie dressing code, looks.....

miyako
18th Nov 2010, 13:46
Guys, i'm still waiting for my final approval!
but i don't know whether i receive an email or a call from them !!!

snowglobe
18th Nov 2010, 14:47
Hi everyone, I'm just about to start my medical however I have herpes type 1, does anyone know if this will effect my outcome or if emirates test for this? I'd rather not pay for xrays etc if I'm going to fail anyway. Thanks! :)
Xx

purelife
18th Nov 2010, 15:40
Hey Mills2,

If you search my lasts posts, I answer a question about Al Bannai Building. So you can have a head start if you don't know anything. :ok: Its nice.

Biotech
18th Nov 2010, 16:17
Well guys, the moment of truth has come!

I have everything right now!:8

I will be arriving to dubai the 24th at 2145 hs and will live in Obaidulla building 6. Al Qusais. I just
love to see from google earth my future swimming pool at
the rooftop!!!

Also i will be part of the A380 crew, so i guess there is
nothing else to do but saying thanks to you all and i
will continue posting news to you once i get there. I
just love what the future offers me ahead. I cannot
complain about anything. :}

To you all out there still applying and waiting for their
GC i wish you my best!!!

See you all soon in Dubai guys!!!

spinsterka
18th Nov 2010, 16:46
Hey guys,

just going through all the threads, I am waiting to get my Golden Call, it has been three weeks since my FI. I just received an email from lady named Gopika today to add some details about my referees, so did I. Since that time I can not log into my account, it says my password or email is invalid, which is obviously not unless someone changed it instead of me :sad: do you think it may be due to a web maintenance or some other reason??? Thank you, Im getting nervous

elmirk7
18th Nov 2010, 17:08
[Text speak]

Lesleigh
18th Nov 2010, 18:50
Guys please help! I applied for cabin crew on Emirates' website and received an invitation email from them saying that they'll be in Cape TOwn (where I am originally from) on 11 December. But.... I am working in the Netherlands until March next year so will not make it
How do I communicate this with them?? The email I received was an automated message and says: this is a computer-generated email so please do not reply directly.
Also, will I get another invitation at a later date having turned this one down??
ANY help will be greatly appreciated!!

URUFLIESDUBAI
18th Nov 2010, 19:27
Hi there!!!
As you say, I did delivered certain documents and Passport photos after my final interview, but the next day. The recruiters were still in Madrid.
So I dont think that could have delayed the process.
Anyway after all this waiting I certainly refuse in a way to think that I ll be dismissed.
They would have done it before, wouldn´t they?
Has anybody heard from people waiting for 2 months or more and not being contacted on any way?
Well, more waiting it will be.
a lot for the reply and let´s stay in touch!!
Bye bye

gwenbutterfly7
18th Nov 2010, 20:20
yes it happens! you should send them a email sometimes you have the answer right away

Mills2
18th Nov 2010, 20:26
thanks purelife, I will have a read of that. I'm glad you said it's nice :)

gwenbutterfly7, it sounds like we may be on the same course. Look forward to seeing you next week!

gwenbutterfly7
18th Nov 2010, 21:28
i begin on 2nd december...
it would be great to "know" someone before going :)

Sori84
19th Nov 2010, 01:22
Hey guys, my DOJ is 22nd November as well, I fly out 23rd and will arrive on the 24th at 0520. It has been a long process so next week should be very exciting! I'll be in Al Qusais II, Al Fattan Building. I checked mine on google maps also :).

I haven't heard anything regarding which fleet I'll be training with, Biotech did you receive an email notifying you of the A380 fleet? If so, when did you get it?

This forum has been so helpful to me in preparing for the move, Mari, ThatRedHatGirl, Purelife and many others, thank you for your posts!

kenyan85
19th Nov 2010, 06:33
Hey you, congratulations on getting an invite! Yes I'll be glad to help you out, just send me a PM! I'm still debating on whether I should apply for the December AD, but I sholud have made up my mind by Sunday!
All the best!

URUFLIESDUBAI
19th Nov 2010, 08:54
I had already sent them an e-mail, but have no answer yet.
Do you know if there´s any way to contact them by the Phone?
Actually I dont know if the docs were sent to UK or Dubai first. Probably Uk as you said.
The people I know were dismissed via mail, an the ones who get a phone call, were to be told they were selected and to start with their medicals.
As far as I know, after you get slected by the recruiters, the office in Dubai or Uk, select you again or not. And I trully have no clue on how much your referees could make an inffluence. I´ve read of people being hired without referees being contacted and viceversa.
what I know, is that this waiting is really painful,hehe.
let´s see how it goes, and keep the fingers crossed.
bye!

Samantha in Sydney
19th Nov 2010, 09:00
Hi all,

I was considering emailing Emirates to request to be put on the Main Fleet, but I've decided that whatever is meant to be will be! My friend that is already working as CC told me that she is on A380 (used to be on Main Fleet but changed over) and her destinations are:

London
Manchester
Paris
Toronto
New York
Sydney
Auckland
Seoul
Beijing
Bangkok
Hong Kong
Jeddah

She said she gets more days off because she mainly does layovers.

So even if I get put on the A380, I'll still be very happy going to those places!

Mills2
19th Nov 2010, 10:24
Sori84, so if we both have doj of 22nd then I assume we both start training on the thursday 25th. Good luck with the move over and see you next week.
I have not had an email re A380 so guess I am main fleet. I suppose there will have to be a separate course for each fleet, at least for the sep part anyway. But I am only guessing!

Look forward to seeing you all around the training college!

medicenjazz
19th Nov 2010, 14:10
Hi everyone!!! I'm going to Dubai on Monday 22, arriving on tuesday 23 at 2105.=p I'm also gonna stay at Muhaisnah, in Hamad Ahmed Lootah Bldg. ANd also be part of the A380!!! I leave you guys my email so you can contact me!!=) Hope to meet you all at Dubai!!=);)

[email protected]

CABIN DUBAI
19th Nov 2010, 17:19
[Text speak]

ThatRedHatGirl
20th Nov 2010, 01:47
Hi, to the girl wondering if she can turn up to an Assessment Day. No, Assessment Day is by invitiation only. You could try, but you'd probably get turned away at the door as they have a list of names of people meant to attend.

Open Day- go for it, anyone can attend and it doesn't matter if you register online or not.

A380 and Main Fleet train separately to each other, for all subjects. So you may make some friends on the first two days but if you are fleeted differently, you won't see a lot of each other in training. Probably sometimes at lunch. If you have AM and they have PM training, well, good luck. Catch up with them later. Honestly, you will be quite busy for socialising. One of the first weekends you have is 2 days off, make the most of it!!!

Even if you have the same DOJ, doesn't mean you will be in the same class. When I started, there were 6 groups starting at the same time. We had 12 in our group. I think most are like this.

Don't forget, Emirates have ordered lots of A380, so though the destinations are few at the moment, they will increase. There is already rumours of 4 new destinations coming over the next few months (No, I will not say which as you don't know til it is announced, however, smart people who have been paying attention to EK and the media can probably guess)

As for photos, it has been mentioned many many MANY times now, please make at least an effort to read this. It will prepare you for all the reading you will do during training :}

Mari
20th Nov 2010, 06:17
I've just attended a graduation at the college. There were 5 batches!!! Each of them had 10-12 people. Many boys: 3-4 in a group and one of the batches had 8 boys out of 12 people. You get your certificate after completing your 6-month-probation. Few peple didn't make it but the majority was successful.

There won't be new A380s coming in the first half of next year. However, they keep hiring I was told. Many new 777s are coming next year and a couple of A380s in the second half of 2011.

Promotional opportunities seem to be quicker on the A380. That's one of the reasons for the people to convert from the Main fleet. The other reason: 0-2 turnarounds a month and Jeddah is an afternoon flight, quite easy.

Good luck with the training!

Scu403
20th Nov 2010, 10:54
Hello,
I have a question. It's the first time I'm applying to Emirates so I don't know well how it works. Some time ago I sent my application online and, following advice on this forum, I put a UK address because I didn't see any upcomming recruitment days where I live and I wanted to attend to an AD/OD soon, anyways I didn't know where I would be living at this time... Later I received an e-mail inviting me to the open day in Newcastle. I was going to buy the flight to go there, but considering that due to my height it's really difficult that they accept me, also I'm not in a good situation as to spend all the money to go there and then back if they call me for the interview... and I saw they'll do an open day in Dusseldorf on Dec.11th, which is very close to where I live now... so I applied online to that OD but so far I got no reply.
As it isn't an AD, just OD, so it would mean that everyone can turn up... do you know if I can just go to Dusseldorf with my CV, photos and all? Or will I miss my chance now if I don't go to Newcastle? Do you have to be invited to go to open days for them?
thank you

ThatRedHatGirl
20th Nov 2010, 12:01
Read upwards!!!! ^^^^^^^^

Scu403
20th Nov 2010, 12:14
I had read it already, and also many other messages in this forum ever since I started to think about being cabin crew. I just wanted to confirm that I can just disregard that e-mail inviting me to Newcastle and go to the Düsseldorf OD. That's because it sounds strange to get invited to an OD instead of an AD, if anyone can go without invitation. I assume that they read my application before inviting me so I would be like one step ahead if I went to Newcastle. But it doesn't work like that in Emirates, right? Now when I log in to the website it says I applied to 2 jobs, and as it says you can only apply once, I started thinking that maybe they don't invite me to the Düsseldorf day because I didn't follow the rules.
And another question is: do they usually change the dates of the OD that are listed on the website? Is it safe to buy the train ticket already for Dec. 11th? I think I saw an OD in Barcelona on the website some weeks ago, and now not anymore.

danja
20th Nov 2010, 13:35
when do you guys think that emirates will looking for cabin crew for european people?

Mari
20th Nov 2010, 13:50
You mean European cabin crew? Maybe now... I've seen ODs in Oslo, Zagreb, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Rome...etc. Or what do you mean?!

danja
20th Nov 2010, 14:01
like Turkey? I dont know Arabic, all i know is English when do you think they ll look for cabin crew for my country? thanks

CABIN DUBAI
20th Nov 2010, 18:28
Hi everyone ! i would like to find out if anyone knows if Emirates is asking resign letters from your employer to upload on your profile?

versace_nathan
21st Nov 2010, 05:13
Hi there
Are there any kiwis here?? whats joining date? mine is on the 13 DEC 2010.get in touch !! ;D:8:O:}

kenyan85
21st Nov 2010, 07:12
So guys, I decided to apply for the Nairbi December AD! Uber excited! I'm thinking- even if I don't get the invite, I am so gonna be there for moral support for my friends who've gotten the invite (3 ladies already got the invites) , so I am looking forward to lots of fun fun fun during the AD!

gallery
21st Nov 2010, 09:09
Hi ,thats so great,am also attending the Entebbe ad without an invite just for the fun of it.

purelife
21st Nov 2010, 10:47
Hey guys, just some things:

First to Sori84: your so sweet, thankyou for thouse nice words! Its my pleasure to help in all that I can.

now... if you don't get an email telling you are part of A380, you are main fleet.

Training is different of course A380 and on the other side mainfleet does Airbus and Boeing, you will be in different batchs. The only week you will be togther is when you start: induction. And yes, as RedHatGirl said: try to make the most of the first two weekends, they are the only free ones you will have with no stress. haha.

CabinDubai: Yes, they do ask for a resignation letter from your current employer. But that's after your in, I mean, you did your medicals and got final approval.. so no need to worry. Oh, but they do ask for a letter from your current job in all the papers from the final interview... sorry... maybe if you are in a tough situation and dont want your current job to know, talk to the recuriters.. see what they say.

Rejection they will NOT call you, it's an email. To hire you they will call you.

Best of luck to all!

edoble
21st Nov 2010, 15:18
So no one has ever answered one of my questions, hopefully you will let me know your opinion.

Here's the dear. I'm gay, trying to be a cabin crew for EK. I know how it is in the middle east and everything.

My boyfriend and I want to get married, since now is legal to do so in Mexico City. Do you think if I get married to a man, and I apply as single would EK find out eventually later on?

Mari
21st Nov 2010, 15:42
Why would they find it out?! No worries. Just don't put it on face book... Seriously.

Do you want to join Emirates and leave your partner after getting married?! I don't get it...

kenyan85
21st Nov 2010, 19:05
Hey Mari, how've you been? You've been missing from the forum...glad to have you back. By your saying - don't put it on face book, what do you mean? Like photos and relationship status? Edoble, I'm happy for you and your boyfriend - love is such a wonderful thing. Hold on to it. And yes, for everyone else wondering - more often than not, a particular type of male is attracted to the Cabin Crew Career. Chances are if you're male, and you would want to be a flight attendant....well you know the rest of it. Have a great week ahead guys!

miyako
22nd Nov 2010, 05:56
Guys i've just received my Final Approval from EK today morning:D:D:D:D
it has been along journey
29 june 2010 Final interview
02 october 2010 Golden call
22 November 2010 Final approval
24 January DOJ

I've never felt such happiness.

URUFLIESDUBAI
22nd Nov 2010, 08:44
Good for you!!!! you´ve been such a show of patience an effort through this process.
I really took you long , and I bet it must have been really hard to stand all that waiting.
ENJOY IT!!!!

anna19b
22nd Nov 2010, 10:16
Hi evreybody!!!!!My status changed today after 2 weeks from my final inteview in " You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest" I'm very happy and I hope things will be ok and we will see each other in Dubai!!! Good luck to all of you!!!

Himmelmat
22nd Nov 2010, 11:27
[Text speak]

Himmelmat
22nd Nov 2010, 12:07
[Text speak]

miyako
22nd Nov 2010, 13:06
Thank you so much dear!
i'm really happy and excited and finally i can quit my current job:ok:

little dazzling
22nd Nov 2010, 13:53
Hi all,

I am new to here, this is my first time to apply as cabin crew, I walk in the OD last week, there are about 250-300 peoples. 58 have pass and get to AD yesterday, after the whole day about 3 eliminations, 13 of us left for FI today. It is one to one interview, the lovely lady from Dubai called Christiny, throughout the interview the questions are a bit difficult for me, although I can answer all of them but not too sure am I satisfying her requirements. Tomorrow morning I need to pass her my photos and photocopies of doc for her to take back to Dubai, and as she said, EK will get back to me within 6 weeks.

By the way, this round recruitment have add in Chinese/Cantonese language requirement. and I heard they going to have another round of recruitment next 6 months again in KL.

So there is nothing I can do now, just pray hard and hope the lucks will be with me:)

Cheers,

edoble
22nd Nov 2010, 14:39
Thank you Mari and Kenyan85, both my boyfriend and I are applying, I know it will be difficult if either one of us or both get hired to be on a relationship but we'll try.

I was just wondering if it would be ok to apply as single even though I could be in a same sex marriage in México, I know they don't do an extensive background check, but just to double check!

Mari do you think they would look me up in face book? I don't have photos kissing my boyfriend but I do have it on my personal information and relationship status.

Thank you all for your response, congrats to whoever got their GC/Final Approval and much success for us applying, I have my AD on December 3rd!

Best.

leiser182
22nd Nov 2010, 14:40
hey CONGRATS on your final approval, I'm still waiting for mine, Did they call you?

miyako
22nd Nov 2010, 21:14
Guys i have a question and i need help!
What should i do with the required tasks in work book in the training induction section?
shall i download the work book and complete the required tasks then take it with me to Dubai?

appreciate your help!!

Leiser,

Thanks a lot dear!
they didn't call, they sent me an email!
hopefully they yours will follow soon!
keep me updated.

shenzen01
23rd Nov 2010, 01:17
[Text speak]

Ele87
23rd Nov 2010, 01:23
Anyone with the doj of the 29th of November have their accommodation and travel details yet?

dianabasto
23rd Nov 2010, 02:48
first, Congrats !!and second can you give me an idea how was your assessment day in Argentina, i know the same recruitment team will be here in Colombia on Dec 5 and i really want this job. im invited to the assessment day and i want to do my best, please give me some advice.. and the best wishes in dubai

flygirlwannabe
23rd Nov 2010, 03:01
dya guys have any idea if EK would hire in the Philippines again?

dianabasto
23rd Nov 2010, 03:05
Guys i got my email for the AD for December 5 here in Bogota, Colombia. its the first time they hire people form here. and i been reading all the post and the requirements about pictures and everything but this is what they asked in the email

an extra copy of the CV format you have previously e-mail to our team. Pictures following all the suggested requirements must be included.
· Colored copy of your passport or the initiated procedure if you do not have it yet.
· Copy of your identification card.
· Copies of your qualifications (High school degree, English certificates and/or any other study you have completed.)
they asked me about the pictures already in the screening process and only two pictures. one full body and the other one only the face.. what else do they ask that day?? how can i prepare myself.

Coco05
23rd Nov 2010, 04:54
I still don't have mine. Do you? I am getting very antsy! hahah!

ally23x
23rd Nov 2010, 05:00
Here is what it says on the final interview papers:

Please ensure you bring the following to your Final Interview:

-formal photographs: 1 full lenght
-passport size: 6
-casual photos: 2
-application form signed & dated 9is smth. they give you after the AD)
-CV
-Educational certificates(photocopies of highschool diploma, bachelor degree, or any other relevant training)
-certificate of present employment(a paycheck photocopy is accepted0
-coloured passport copies: 2 (if you do not have yet, you can tell them, and send it later)

Any of these you can send later via email, but it will delay the recruitment process...so it would be best if you can bring these with you :)

Congrats for your invite and GOOD LUCK!!!

Ele87
23rd Nov 2010, 05:50
No I dont have mine either on the portal it says arrangements are in progress. I heard they give you the details 4 days before you leave but thought Id see if anyone else had theirs yet. I am very ansty too but mostly very nervous I have no idea what to expect :confused:

Coco05
23rd Nov 2010, 07:15
[Text speak]

MLiz
23rd Nov 2010, 07:24
Hi all,

A little dissapointed, but that's life... It is not a rule that the rejection e-mail is sent after 2 weeks or something like that; unfortunately I got mine after 5 weeks and 6 days...Well I am positive since I learnt a lot from this experience, I helped people prepare for their ODs/ADs and this makes me happy. I will certainly try next year again. Until then, I will read the forum and try to help others and be happy for those who succeeded! Congratulations to all who got a positive answer!
Have a nice day!

andreea84
23rd Nov 2010, 09:26
hello all!
i went to AD in Bucharest on 30 October
FI on 2nd of November (we were 46 GIRLS on FI :))
8th November: Approval in Progress
15th of Nov: A recruitment coordinator will contact you at earliest!
23rd of Nov: GC!:D

i'm waiting now for the e-mail to start the analyses.
my DOJ is 24 of January!

Miyako i saw that you have the same date!:)

AnneeBubbles
23rd Nov 2010, 12:35
Hey Ele87 & Coco05,

Thought I'd let you guys know I just received my e-ticket - flying out on 30th Nov rather than 29th November. E-visa is coming soon, the email I received says UAE had a national holiday so things are a bit delayed but they'll get it to us by Sunday latest. No accommodation details yet.

Let me know when you guys get your travel details :)
Not long to go!

Coco05
23rd Nov 2010, 18:59
Thank you for letting us know. I just got my e-ticket as well. And I have the same status with the visa. I am leaving on schedule, the 29th. Are you sure you read it right and that you are leaving on the 30th?

I will keep you posted with the accommodations :)

dubaiiii
23rd Nov 2010, 22:48
i have few questions and i would be thankful if you guys could help me with these :)

i was wondering did they check your references after the FI?

how long was the process for you from FI to the Golden Call?

when we arrive at Dubai will they check your body for tattoos or something? because at the FI i wrote i didnt have any tattoos but recently i had a tattoo made, although it is not visible. ??

do you know how many % of those who make it to the FI that gets the Golden call?

is it expensive to do the medical stuff?

THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK everyone!!:ok:

Samantha in Sydney
23rd Nov 2010, 23:24
Hello,

If you read previous posts you will see that many people have posted a timeline that shows their OD, AD, FI, GC, DOJ... etc. Read all of them and you will get an idea. It's different for everyone.

About references, mine were NOT checked. Again, read past posts.

The % of those who have FI and get the job - you can never tell. Some FI have 5 applicants, some have 50. You just can't tell, it's different everytime and depends on how you peform on the day.

Yes, medicals are expensive. I spent about AUD$1,000 (without private health care). I imagine it would be alot cheaper if you have health care.

Tattoo - sorry I can't help you with this one. I imagine the doctor may see it upon inspection when you get to dubai. Unless it is very well hidden (like on your bum or something?).

Sam

zwerko
24th Nov 2010, 06:29
Finally Golden Call today :) my date of joining is 14 feb. anyone with same date ??
This is how it was:
30.july OD
4.Aug Final Interview
15.Sep ON hold email
27.Oct Status changed to "you will be contacted....."
24.Nov Golden Call

trizakalerwa
24th Nov 2010, 09:43
Hey all,
Thanks everyone for all your info, it really has helped me in my current research. I have an Interview scheduled for December with Emirates and somehow Im nervous as Im not sure what they really look for. I have ever gone for their interview back in 2007 but unfortunately dint go through. Keep me in prayers so that I go this time. Thanks so much and be blessed. Oh im from Nairobi, Kenya.

miyako
24th Nov 2010, 12:34
Hello Andrea!
congrates for your GC, actually you are the first one here who has the same DOJ as me!

ally23x
24th Nov 2010, 13:04
Hy everyone!

Today I got my GC and as I had red on the forum I remained speachless :D ...thank you each and everyone who posted valuable experiences on this forum!!! Mari and TheRedHatGirl and many many others!!!

I know I still have a long road untill I actually get in Dubai, but I am confident that with your help I will succeed ... so thank you in advance :)

And for those wondering...my DOJ is 24th of January :)

All the best for everyone in here. Good luck to everyone who is about to attend an OD/AD and I am praing to all of you waiting for news to get the GC!

andreea84
24th Nov 2010, 14:25
[Text speak]

danny21
24th Nov 2010, 17:15
Just had my passport photos done for OD on Saturday and I noticed a small scar on my cheek is still visible. Does anyone know if this is a problem, I have seen comments about tattoos and piercings but not scars.

To be a little more detailed, the scars are from the chicken pox i had when i was little there are two indentations in my cheek, that area never evened out with the surface and is sometimes visible through makeup. Do you think this will be a major challenge for me???

Anyone else going to the OD in Trinidad on Saturday? I need a photographer or studio to have my full length shots done. The studio at Trincity mall doesn't do full length and my current schedule is a bit restricted, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ele87
24th Nov 2010, 19:12
Ok so I just got my accommodation details. Ali Khalifa Abdulla Saif, Al Nahda II. I hear it's not a good area and far away, anyone know anything about this building?

Any help is appreciated :-)

dubaiiii
24th Nov 2010, 19:38
Thanks for your advices everyone.

Just another question about the ´´Golden Call´´ :)

around what time during the day will they make that call?

Is it morning or afternoon?

but they wont call during evening right?

leiser182
24th Nov 2010, 19:44
In my case it took EK 5 weeks after my FI to call me but it varies some of my friends got their GC like 3 weeks after and some people got it after two months, and they call me at 10 pm i guess that it depends on your time zone. Good luck!!!

gtbfly
25th Nov 2010, 00:11
no, don't worry. I have a friend who has a scar barely visible and he still got in

..Ann..
25th Nov 2010, 00:54
Hi!! I received my e-ticket yesterday, not the visa yet. I am arriving at dubai on the 30 of december!!! Cant believe it yet....

Have a safe flight to all of you that are joining soon...

see you soon!!!!
:O

dianabasto
25th Nov 2010, 01:42
Ann i have a question, since you are in argentina the same recruitment team will be here in Colombia next month and i got the invitation for the AD, can you tell me more less how it is ?? thank you

Coco05
25th Nov 2010, 08:47
Anyone else staying at Al Hudaiba Bldg, Block S2, Al Hudaiba?

purelife
25th Nov 2010, 09:54
dubaiiii: It doesn't matter what time it's in your home, they called me at 4am! So have your cell phone 24/7.

Ele87: You will be my neighboor :) Yes, it is far away, but WHO CARES? it's FREE, the apartments are BIG, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus a visitor one, nice furniture. We have Sahara Mall just next to us, so we can walk there.. we have two supermarkets downstaris, a hair salon. And if you wanna go to the center, you can take the Emirates bus to HeadQuarters and then get a cab from there or from there take another bus to the buildings in the center.. it's not that bad, it's all how you look at it.
we are very close HeadQuarters, just 10-15 min.
And a huge plus would be if you get a nice flatmate :)
Ahh and of course we have a pool and a gym on the roof. :ok:

Ele87
25th Nov 2010, 11:51
Thanks heaps Purelife

You've been a big help, I have been trying to google information on that area and building but nothing comes up. Thank you :-)

dubaiiii
25th Nov 2010, 12:31
sorry for all my questions
but i have another one:)

when you get to Dubai
and you have to do the medical stuff
will the doctors there strip you
down to inspect your body for tattoos, scars, piercings?

also i have heard they will do
X-rays and ECG etc, do we have to take our clothes
off or something to do those in front of the dr´s?

im just curious,

THANKS AGAIN:)

pinkey
25th Nov 2010, 12:39
Thank pprune for having this wonderful forums and also thanks to everyone for providing as with such a wonderful information about the OD/AD of emirates. and i hope am going to have a wonderful time here since am new in this forums thanks. can someone please help me out, i have applied for AD with ek since october and have not receive any invite but they came hear on 20NOV. does anyone know when they will be in Ghana again.and those who went for the AD can someone please tell us how it was, we want to know how many people were there and how many went to FI thanks. .

CABIN DUBAI
25th Nov 2010, 13:17
Hey everyone does anyone know if it's ok to take your medical tests and translate them at an authorized translater or they should be written in english by the doctor? or the translated copies should be signed be the doctor after they are translated? i'm very short with time and i don't know what to do?:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

dubaiiii
25th Nov 2010, 14:04
Good luck everyone on receiving the golden calls
good luck to those who will attend open days
good luck TO ALL OF US REACHING FOR OUR DREAMS........:ok:

ally23x
25th Nov 2010, 18:01
Geat post!!! Every wannebe in here should read this manifest to the importance of wanting bad enough this thing and making all the efforts to get it!

Good luck in receiving your GC :)

Ismena
25th Nov 2010, 19:22
hello everyone, I'm new here.

well done DUBAIII great post, very informative, I wish you good luck and I'm pretty sure you'll get the GC soon, you deserve it !

I'd like to ask a question if I can..

some time ago on this forum I read that when you join Emirates you need to remain single for 3 years, I am married does it mean I have no chance of getting this job?

thanks in advance for answer,
and good luck to everyone,

dubaiiii
25th Nov 2010, 21:29
ally23x thank you and CONGRATULATIONS i just read you got the call and you will start in January, wish you the best!

Ismena thank you for your kind words,
during the whole recruitment process they never told us we have to be single during 3 years or so.
i think this is a rule that Qatar has if im not wrong.
one of the girl who also made it to the final interview with me was married and had kids.
I have heard many crew in emirates are married and have kids too.
You should 100% try your luck with this company!!!!

ally23x
26th Nov 2010, 06:47
Emirates recruits also married persons...you might have to really impress them, and you will also have a different contract and accommodation status, and I don't know what else, but you give it a try...they do recruit married person.

They mentioned very openly when they told us how to do our professional full lenght photos, that the only jeweleries accepted are small earings and the wedding ring if this is the case :) So no worries about this!

Good luck!

ally23x
26th Nov 2010, 08:10
I have read on this forum that they sometimes call with hidden number! If those weird hours were during office hours of Emirates Group (Sunday to Wednesday:07:00 hrs - 15:30 hrs Thursday :07:00 hrs -15:00 hrs - time zone is GMT + 4 hours) then it is possible that they have called you :)

Anyway...I am sure they will call you back! :)

Best of luck and congrats!

ally23x
26th Nov 2010, 08:22
Can anyone tell me what tests do I have to do before I go to the dentist to complete the report? Meaning I saw that I have to do a dental radiography...but the two bitewings I don't know precisely what they are...or if the dentist makes them.
Also I have read on this forum that someone said what the dentist should write in the general appearance part...but how I can't find the post anymore...can anyone tell me what do you have written?

And about the cervical smear test report. I saw on the papers that we can also refuse to take the test. Would it be ok to do so? I believe that refusing to take that test wouldn't look that good :(
The problem is that I have taken the test in june this year, and is negative for papiloma virus, but came up something else (cured at this moment) ...and I don't want to upload that report, but in the same time I don't believe it would be heathy to take that test again...what should I do?

Thank you in advance!

ally23x
26th Nov 2010, 08:28
I want to ask if the foto we need to upload can it be with smyle? :) And if it has to be PDF or JPG would be fine?

And the passport copy has to be PDF or JPG would do?

I am so stressed :D I thought I won't be...but it turns out I was wrong. I will deeply appreciate your help!

Youyito
26th Nov 2010, 13:45
[Text speak]

ThatRedHatGirl
26th Nov 2010, 14:24
You can repeat a smear test after 3 months from the last one, otherwise there's nothing there to test. If you're concerned I'd just repeat it.

Generally refusing the test is only to be done if there's no reason to do it (i.e. you haven't had sex before; the cancers/cell changes they are screening for only happen if you have, so if you haven't, no need to worry)

I guess you could also refuse on religious/cultural grounds but I wouldn't know anything about that. I had to repeat it as they messed the sample and couldn't get a proper reading, the doctor said it's fine to do it again they just wait 3 months in between as there needs to be enough cells there to test. So I wouldn't worry about it being 'unhealthy' to do it again :}

(Sorry if that was too much information but that's what they told me!!!)

ally23x
26th Nov 2010, 16:36
Thank you! I didn't spoke with my family doctor yet, and I did not knew that you can do it again in 3 months. And as I had read on the forms it said that it has to be made in the past 3 years....so I fugured this is a test that you shouldn't do to often...but as you said I understand that there aren't reasons to do it to often, but not that it would be unhealthy ...

And about too much information...I believe that too much is better than not enough! Thank you!!!

I was thinking these days that if God will help me get my final approval I would love to thank in person to everyone that helped me...Many people from this forum!!! Do you think it would be possible? :)

All the best!

edoble
26th Nov 2010, 20:43
OMG I'm worried because the information about the AD in México City is no longer on emirates website, could it be that maybe it was postponed?

dubaiiii
27th Nov 2010, 17:20
:O
lack of anything else to do while waiting for this golden call/ rejection email
i tried to calculate few of peoples waiting period from the time they had their FI to the GC...during 2009 and 2010
and i thought i would share this info, interesting dont you think?
or perhaps not :)

also it seems as if 20 days + few days - + seems to be the ´´normal´´ time dont you think?
or not?
and yes i do not have a life these days, :)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2qi3b50.jpg

Ismena
28th Nov 2010, 11:38
dubaiiii

thanks a lot for that, it means there is still hope.

I hope your GC comes soon, good luck!!

ally23x

thanks for the info, it sound like they actually consider married people too.
good luck!

..Ann..
28th Nov 2010, 12:30
Hi all!!! I have just received my accommodation details.
It is Obaidulla Building 4, Al Qusais.
Could anybody tell me something about it please????

Thank you in advance....

Ann.

perkin1
28th Nov 2010, 14:57
Hey,
Here's my situation.. I came through the open day in Sydney last month, had my FI on Oct 12. (i was one of the 3 boys to make it to this stage)
I also took down most of the other girls contact details so we could check on each others progress..
9 days later my online status changed to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS.
Didn't hear anything then 2 weeks after this I received a uniform and image standards declaration form to sign and email back. (several of the other girls also got these)
The following week a bunch of the people who made it to FI with me received the 'sorry' emails..
(as far as I know none of these had approval in progress nor received the uniform forms to fill out)
then starting two weeks ago, most of the people remaining have received the golden calls (these people also seemed to have received the uniform form and had app in progress - before changing to A RECRUITER WILL CONACT).
I still haven't heard anything nor has my online even changed from approval in progress..
From what i've heard and read on here, It seems like I've passed my FI and been recommended by my recruiters, and my application is still being approved by higher management..
Last Tues, since it was 6 weeks after my FI, i decided to phone the emirates cabin crew HR in dubai, told her my situation, gave her my email/details so she could look me up, and she told me that my application had been sent for approval, and that the joining team should PHONE me within the week.... Still no call, nor has my online status even changed.
As we know, a phone call would mean successful, but its been the longest 7 weeks of my life!
What do you guys think?
So annoying, since I'm currently overseas, and have had to leave my phone in international roaming, which is costing a fortune! haha

Feel like such an idiot over analysing this like i am... but as a lot of you are probably aware of, its hard to get it out of your mind haha

Anyway best of luck everyone else with your applications!

Samantha in Sydney
28th Nov 2010, 22:11
Hey,

Maybe just turn your roaming off. The recruiter Sandy couldn't reach me (I gave them the wrong international/country codes) so she ended up emailing me and telling me she's been trying to ring me with an employment offer and can I please call her back or let her know my correct number and a good time for her to call me again. I just ended up calling her straight back and that was my GC!

anna19b
29th Nov 2010, 15:40
Hi guys! I have a problem. I've uploded my security documents a day after I've received my portal detailes. And today after 4 days I've received a email and a message from EK HR that I am late with my security documents with 4 days. In my portal my documents are uploaded. It might be a problem with tha system? Anyoane had this kind a problem? I am very strest:-s Thank you very much for your time guys

leiser182
29th Nov 2010, 15:57
The same happenned to me i upload my documents for security and 2 days after i received an email saying they were overdue, i email them to tell them that but they say just to ignore the email, hope it helps, just write them an query good luck!!!!

Mari
29th Nov 2010, 15:58
You're fine. The problem is with the system. Don't worry too much.

rose gil
29th Nov 2010, 20:29
can anyone help.....if you go for an open day before the 6 months are up like someone did today......then was called back for the assestment day tomorrow......what should she do

Samantha in Sydney
29th Nov 2010, 22:22
Don't worry, it is a system generated email. I have received it twice already (emails and text messages) even though I uploaded the documents already. I wrote a message in the portal and they replied telling me to ignore the emails.

Ele87
30th Nov 2010, 00:16
well today is the day I finally depart for Dubai, congratulations to all those who received their Golden Call and will be joining me in Dubai, to all those who are still waiting, stay positive & keep your chin up :)

Samantha in Sydney
30th Nov 2010, 04:49
Congratulations Ele87!

Please keep us informed on everything! Have a safe flight!

:)

PassionFruit
30th Nov 2010, 15:30
Hi everyone,

I'm posting for the first time, and i'm doing this, because i'm freaking out :)
I know that you are going to answer me, all the things that I expect and that I already read in foruns and blogs... but whatever I need to hear it

I got my FI on 19th of October at Lisbon, they said to wait four to six weeks... and nothing until now, just one girl received a rejection e-mail 5 days ago.
Can you imagine 6 weeks waiting? when I read everywhere 3/4/5 weeks. but I'm ok because i'm not the only one waiting here in Portugal.
Emirate HR said that Portugal was exceptional, because we were 50 persons to the FI. and they divided us for days. and we were so many people that they had to flew to uk and come back again 2 weeks ago to interview the last ones.
They said if we were all good, they would took all, but... hummm :)

and I read everywhere that you got a login in emirates to see your "status", we didn't get a login...

it's just 6 weeks now and we are going crazy... they called me from uk 2 weeks ago asking for my new passport, because the old one would expire in less than 8 months.

so... I'm just writing here to comfort others in the same situation, and to know news if anyone knows something about it.

Hope I'm going to the hot Dubai,**
wish you all the best
best regards***

ally23x
30th Nov 2010, 20:48
About your login...to be able to see the changes in your status, you have to register on their website by completing the application for cabin crew position (there is one that is always opened).

At the end of all the fields you have a place to mention your FI date, and you mention yours....maybe they have already processed your application...

However, keep in mind that the letter or acceptance (why work for us) is a very very important part of your application that could both increase and decrease your GC chances...and a very negative part of having access to your status is that you go crazy checking it each and every day/hour/minute/second :p

P.S. you can contact them if you have waited for more than 6 weeks, asking about your application

Youyito
1st Dec 2010, 00:57
Hello PassionFruit.. Do I know you??? I was int he same OD... And I did the FI the 19 too...

How do you feel? Do you know something about the people? In my group we're all waiting too... Do you know if the people has got the GC or rejection mail already? Or are we all waiting for an answer...

If the UK office called asking you for yoru passport that means your application is not sent to Dubai yet... So the faster you send it, the faster they will process yoru application... They received all my documents three weeks ago, and then emailed me saying that my application had been sent to dubai for further processing, and that i should start my 6 weeks waiting FROM THAT DAY...

About the rejection mail of that girl... Do you know if it was sent from Dubai or from UK? I've always had the doubt if the UK office rejects people too or they send your profile to DXB even if the recruiters don't reccommend you.

Ally23... I didn't know you still can do an online application after your open day... I thought it was just for the ones who made a previous application... But... if the "why work for us" is so important... Do you think it's worthy to take the risk of filling the application, and soing something wrong just to follow your status?

I'l d like to track my status as you said... "yepp in fact i would be checking it every minute"... But i'm afraid of what could happen if I do something wrong at that stage... could you imagine? :O

Well...

Best wishes to all people! :D

MLiz
1st Dec 2010, 09:37
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering...when did the people who sent documents after the FI received the e-mail saying that their file was sent to Dubai for further processing? Was it quite fast? I'm asking because I did not receive any confirmation e-mail after I sent the pending documents and I'm afraid they rejected me because they might have not received my e-mail. I read on other forums that they usually don't answer e-mails...but some of you say they received info about their file...
I sent them an e-mail asking about that but I still have no answer. Thanks in advance for your answers! Good luck to all of you and for those flying to Dubai have a nice flight!

ada123
1st Dec 2010, 09:40
I don't know what to think. I attended the Open day in Rome, on 27 november and did not receive the invitation for the assesment. It was the second time this happened to me, after a Qatar open day in October.
I start to believe that maybe I am not what they are looking for. Did any of you attend several open day before getting an invitation? Do you think I should continue or stop here?
I really want this job, but I don't want to loose time and energy for a dream that may never come true.
I don't know what type of girl they invited for the next day, but do you really need a top model look? Or it's enough to have a pleasant grooming, a nice smille and customer service experience?
I feel lost and hopeless...

Youyito
1st Dec 2010, 09:51
Mliz...

How did you send the documents? Was it via courier? I mean... Do you have any chance to track the sending?

In my case, I sent the documents and wrote them an email. I got a reply the next day...

Then, after a week, I received a call from them asking about my documents again, so I tracked the parcel and answered via mail that the documents were already in their officce (they arrived the same day so I assume that they was still in delivery when they called me)... And the same day they wrote me telling me about the application sent to Dubai.

I mean... They sent the email because they had to phone and ask me or something like that... I don't think they confirm any single application sent to them, It would be a mess.

So don't be afraid, that doesn't mean rejection.... The rejection ALWAYS means a mail, you know...

Remember, no news are good news.

I hope this helps to you... Don't worry about it, okay?:ok:

ally23x
1st Dec 2010, 09:55
I am surprised your recruters did not tell you that you have to apply on-line...for us it sounded like it was almost compulsory, but well...

My advice is to fill in the application. This way you can proove them that you really want this job. And in the WHY WORK FOR US part make an essay through which to convince them of hoe much you want this job and further make them wanting to hire you (maximum 4000 characters). You can say there everything you believe it would bennefit your application and might have not gotten the chance to say during your AD :)

Good luck! And if you have any questions...don't hesitate to ask me!

MLiz
1st Dec 2010, 10:16
I sent the documents via e-mail, unfortunately I have already received the e-mail (rejection) but I hoped it could be a mistake since I did not receive anything after submitting the documents...well, I think I'm a little desperate :) but I'll be fine soon.
Thank you for your help Youyito!

ada123
1st Dec 2010, 10:26
Youyito (http://www.pprune.org/members/341065-youyito), thank you very much for your encouragement. Your words really give me hopes and strenght to go on.
Unfortunately, I really have to wait six months before attending another OD- the told us so and asked us to fulfill a paper with the last events we had attended for.

Any way, thank you again
Best wishes

ally23x
1st Dec 2010, 12:24
https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/Careersonlineapps/JOB_VACANCIES/JobDetails.aspx?advno=024D5AB84D3862E1

If the link doesn't work access Welcome to Emirates Group Careers Centre - Work for Emirates (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com), then exlore our careers, then cabin crew, then in the current job vacancies in your right pick the first link Emirates cabin crew opportunities and click n the apply now button. You will then have to submit your application :)

But before you do that I suggest you try gather all the infrmation you need, and write the why work for us essay in a word document, so that everything comes easy to you and you finish completing your aplication in less then 30 minutes :)

Hugs!

Sapphireblu
1st Dec 2010, 13:28
Hello Everyone,

I was also worried about finding the proper attire to wear for my pictures to upload onto the website for the initial application. My friend rushed me and I thought I wouldn't be successful, but took a full length picture with my mobile phone any way and uploaded it. I was at work & wore my work uniform (with flat shoes) which isn't business attire, but I was still invited to the AD on 11 Dec.

SO... I would definitely advise to put effort into the pictures you send, i.e business attire, make-up (ladies) and clear background, but if circumstances don't allow it and you're rushed, still give it a try. You might just be lucky :)

Best of luck:ok:

P.S Just to make it clear, this was for the online application, not the Final Interview.

danny21
1st Dec 2010, 14:48
Hi All,
I attended the OD in Trinidad on Saturday 27th November, at the Hilton Hotel and Conference Centre, this was my second OD this year. I would like to share my experience with you.
I arrived at 8.30am as the day’s proceedings were scheduled to begin at 9.00am. I was directed to the Flamingo room down the hall. When I enter there were a lot of people sitting there already. I said good morning and smiled and found a seat near to some ppl that I know.

I wore a dark grey tweed type skirt suit (long sleeve jacket and mid knee skirt, as req on the invitation email) and a black shirt with a collar underneath. Skin colored stockings and black court shoes with a 2 1/2” heal. I had a black briefcase type portfolio and a regular sized hand bag, black. I wore smokey eye make-up, red lipstick and a Smile.
At appr. 9.10am the EK recruiters came into the room said good morning and introduced themselves as Jeanette and Chelsea. They thanked us for coming out so early on a Saturday and asked us to leave the room so that they could set up, at this point there were about 70 of us in the room.
We all left and stood in the hall mingling, meeting friends of friends and trying to maintain a happy disposition. After some time they invited us into another room and offered us some literature on the company and a slip to fill out with your name the date, your online reference number and 3 questions (if I remember correctly.
Have you ever attended an EK screening? ____YES ____ NO __________DATE
Have you ever interviewed with EK? ____YES ____ NO __________DATE
Have you ever attended EK OD? ____YES ____ NO __________DATE
We found our seats and fill out the slip. At this point more ppl were arriving Jeanette also stressed the importance of being on time as it is important for CC to be on time and “the aircraft won’t wait for you” (I think she was a bit annoyed that she had to keep leaving the room to get hotel staff to source more chairs).
We look at a couple EK presentation DVD’s about life in Dubai, CC experiences, the A380 shower spa (very exciting stuff) the history of Emirates Airlines etc, etc. After every couple presentations we had a Q&A session, Mostly about what we knew about the Airline. Jeanette asked most of the questions. I didn’t answer any, but this one girl (who was horribly dress) kept standing up to answer the questions, she was wrong every time. To me if you don’t know, don’t answer unless they ask you for a guess. I mean these were current events and company history questions they were asking this clearly shows lack of research and quite frankly I think it is embarrassing. She was a bit annoying but I kept smiling.

Then Chelsea took the floor and shared with us real life experiences of herself and some of her old colleagues. She started by telling us of her OD experience in Brisbane Australia. Then she share with us some bad CC experiences including one where a friend of hers was administering CPR to a heart attack victim and vomited in her mouth before dying in her arms (ewww gross) and a scary experience of another friend who had to help a pregnant pax in labour control her contractions till they landed so she would be able to deliver safely at a hospital (two that stood out to me) both scary but both reality. I really appreciated her being real with us and letting us know of the not so glamorous aspects of being EK CC, so we would be better able to assess if we really wanted to pack up and leave our families to possibly have an old man die in our arms or deliver a baby on a long haul flight.
After this we were invited to come up one at a time to hand in our CV’s and photo and to have a “little chat” with them. They also told us that if we were successful at this stage they would call us by 6pm that afternoon and invite us to AD and if we were not, that we can feel free to reapply after 6 months. This was a pain staking nerve wrecking time for me because I was about 15 rows back and some ppl were jumping spots so it was longer than necessary for me, but I said to myself “you took the day off of work to get this, you don’t have anything else to do or anywhere else to be, so keep that smile on your face and be patient”. When I got close enough I tried to listen to the types of questions they were asking and tried to prepare my answers.
Finally it was my turn. I waited for Jeanette to invite me to sit. I went over, said good morning, extended my hand for a shake and introduce myself with a smile and sat down. I gave her my CV and my photos. She verified my contact number, my age and D.O.B and my highest level of education. She then ask me where I worked at the time and if I enjoyed it, also why I want to become CC (I was a little shocked at this question, I expected it to be a FI question). She asked if I had and questions and I did. I asked her what was the difference between main fleet and A380 and how could I get A380 fleet. She said the main difference is that A380 is long haul flight and the training is different and if I wanted A380 I had to be sure to mention it at FI. I thanked her for her responses and she thanked me for my time, we shook hands again and said our goodbyes, and that was it I was finished.
Now all I had to do was wait on the call. So I waited and waited and then it was 6.00pm and them 6.30pm and I DIDN’T get a call back.
I did my own analysis of my performance and I think I did ok except for the smokey eye. I think my make up was too overwhelming and it could have thrown off my otherwise professional appearance and as we all know image is very important to EK recruiters. Other than that I may have been too vague in my responses to the questions (I didn’t want to be too wordy) and I think at some points I lost eye contact with her and appeared timid and a bit shy. Anyway this is just my opinion, there is no way for me to be entirely sure of my weakness as they cannot give feedback on this. One thing I am sure of is I will most definitely be reapplying in 6 months. I will use this time to improve on my CV probably do some cooperate training courses and work on my public speaking skills.
To all of you who were given the opportunity to move forward, best of luck to you be yourself and give it your all. To the one who are attempting for the first time, do not let anyone persons’ experiences limit or discourage you. We will all have our own unique experiences good and not so good, of which you may be guided, but no two persons will experience the exact same thing, your experience will be your own.
I am eternally grateful for all the experiences posted and all the comments and advice, I will continue reading for a further 6 months and maybe my next post will be one of success.

Best of Luck to you all
Danielle (Trinidad)
Xoxoxoxoxo

PS you all can feel free to give advice and constructive criticism.
Cheers!!!!!!!!!

MLiz
1st Dec 2010, 16:25
Thank you for your nice words dear! I received the e-mail after 5 weeks and 5 days after the FI, and submitted the pending documents a week after FI. I think, then, that something went wrong at the FI and next time I should be better prepared and I have plenty of time to do so! Hugs from here too, you're very supportive, I appreciate it!

PassionFruit
1st Dec 2010, 16:52
Hello everyone.

Ally23x: thnks now I understand what is that application status online, I was wondering, and I think I will not do it, because they didn't ask to anyone...
p.s. and i'm already going crazy with my cellphone ring... :D

youyito: I know who you are!! finally I find someone in the foruns with the same OD. you are the spanish boy with the big spanish accent!! hahah, I'm iara I think you had the FI before me.

In my group, one girl received the rejection e-mail last week, and nothing more... and I don't know if the e-mail was from uk or dubai.

I think my 4/6 weeks of waiting will not start since the day I sent the passport, because in the FI I told them that I could send a new passport, and she said to not worry about, because if they will need it they will ask me, and that happened... and they answered saying that the proccess was sent to dubai, and nothing about the waiting time... we should keep in touch*

Mliz: I received my answer in the same day I sent the documents. and the e-mail was for emirates uk.

DaniNani
1st Dec 2010, 16:58
Hello Everyone!

I already have my accommodation details:

Razooki Building, Al Nahda II

I tried to find more information about it, bu the only thing that I found out is that is close to the airport...

Any more information??

:)

ThatRedHatGirl
1st Dec 2010, 21:58
From what I know:

Apartments are quite new, and big. Some SFS/Purser live there as some has single apartments. Furniture is nice from photos I saw.

It is near Sharjah, so not unfortunately in the center of town. But- as I said before, it is easy (and free!) to take the company bus. Cabs are a bit more expensive out here, but compared to other parts of the world, they are cheap.

Do not forget you can apply to move if you really hate it, but people I know who live there seem quite happy. I've heard it;s nicer than Al Qusais.

Here is a Wiki about the area:

Al Nahda, Dubai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Nahda,_Dubai)

There is a supermarket in this building (handy!)

Danny 21,

If you went to OD and did not pass the CV screening to go to the AD, you do not have to wait 6 months.

Sometimes it's just a matter of there being too many people to properly stand out. Try again, I kept trying and I did got in eventually. Many many many tries later!!

If you go to the group activity part and fail, then yes you must wait 6 months.

Coco05
2nd Dec 2010, 00:16
I arrived here in Dubai 2 days ago. I love my place and my flatmates. Woke up early today for our induction day. Waiting to head down to be pick up by the bus to go to the training college.

To those who are about to fly here,enjoy and to those waiting for their GC,be patient and goodluck.

If you guys have any questions, I would be willing to answer and help :)

little dazzling
2nd Dec 2010, 02:26
Hi all,

I had my FI on 22 Nov and passed all the required documents before they left, I have been told that within 4-6 weeks I will receive email to notify the positive or negative results...

I register and complete the online application on Emirates Career site before I went to OD (I have apply two, 'Register your interest as cabin crew vacancies' and 'Open Day' for that particular that I went). Without any invitation I just went to OD!

During that day we given a slip to fill up some info including the reference number of online application, I didn't as I don't remember it!. Everything goes smoothly and after the FI, I update the online application for my photos (just to replace the old ones with a more professional looks and better smile)

But from the day 1 until now the status still showing "Applied" for both! Anyone of you having same situation? As this is the only way we can track our status within the long waiting, seeing only "Applied" make me nervous! Some of you have receive email to notify the file have sent to Dubai, but I didn't! So I just wondering which day should I start counting for the 4-6 weeks.

Hope you guys could give some info on that, and wish all of us flying with Emirates soon!

*Hugs*

versace_nathan
2nd Dec 2010, 04:32
Hi everyone
Someone probably have posted this before but I tried to find it but COULDN'T!!
11 more days till joining and i am still waiting for a final approval for me resignation service letter, how long does it take them to get back to your usually?? Sorry to keep asking question thats probably has been answered on one of the page earlier.
For those who are still waiting for a GC please hang on its happening very very soon huh!
For those who thinks of applying, good luck!
We're all been thru it, but its worth it hehe:}

Hi coco05 i saw your post after i submitted my post asking the same question...
hehehe anyway how many days did they give you the accommodation details/visa/ and an approval after you have submitted your resignation?
I am so jealous and hope you enjoy it i cant wait to get there meant to start in oct but got it changed
:D:ok

BbBb42
2nd Dec 2010, 05:05
Hello,

There was recently an Assessment Day in Amman, Jordan. I know several people, all currently flying with another airline, who attended the information session/group interview on October 7, 2010.

Only about 20 applicants made the Final Interview, several Jordanians, Thais, Africans and I believe a local Spanish fellow.

The final interviews were held on two days, October 9-10 I believe. Out of the 8 people I know (or, know of to be more accurate), 7 of them got rejection emails after 23 days, November 2nd. One girls didn't hear anything from Emirates for what seemed like forever. They recruiters told all Final Interviewees that if they heard nothing from the recruitment team after 6 weeks to email them and inquire about their interview status. She emailed at exactly 6 weeks, November 21st. No reply.

Monday, November 29th, she came home from a flight and found a missed call, country code 971- on her mobile. She called back Wednesday morning, December 1st and an Emirates employee answered to her surprise and guarded excitement. She was transferred to another department after explaining her situation. She was forced to leave a message as nobody answered.

Now the waiting game and the anxiety continues. Could the November 29th call been her Golden Call? Its been nearly 8 weeks since her Final Interview and she waits with anticipation, anxiety, hope and fear!

We've followed this forum since her Final Interview and have learned a lot and read a lot that gives further hope, with a few examples or rejection even after several months of waiting. Her Emirates account has remained "Under Review" from day one, never changing.

Waiting patiently. Wondering if there are any others on this board who attended the Amman, Jordan interview in October? Anybody?

Good luck to all of those who are preparing for an upcoming interview, those who are waiting for results, and to those who have received their Golden Call and are preparing to go to Dubai. For those who have received rejection emails or calls, if it is your dream, keep trying, you can do it!!!

Good luck to all!

Here's a review of the above dates:

10/7 Group interview in Amman, Jordan
10/9-10 Final Interview, about 20 applicants over two days
10/15 Friend sent additional information to concerning referees
11/2 Seven people that I know of received rejection emails
11/21 Friend emailed Emirates after 6 weeks and no results
11/29 Missed call on mobile from Dubai number (971-)
12/1 Friend called (971-) number, left message with Emirates
????? - Waiting (fingers crossed)

MLiz
2nd Dec 2010, 08:19
Hello Youyito,

Yes, I sent the docs straight to Dubai since on my papers I had the Dubai e-mail address. The rejection e-mail was sent from the Emirates Group Careers e-mail, the same from which everyone receives the confirmation e-mail after applying for OD/AD.
Maybe only the UK office sends these confirmations...I don't know...

anna19b
2nd Dec 2010, 10:48
HI Guys! I have a question if you can help me. About security documents again! I've uploaded them again after I've received the automatical email. But they it still says in progress and it's almost an week since I've uploaded them! It might be a problem? Or I'm to stresed and I'm analizing to much evrethying:))) Thank you very much for your time guys

versace_nathan
2nd Dec 2010, 11:03
Please don't stress because they do take their time and i guess they have other thousands of candidates to get thru each day.im still waiting for mine too ;D:ok:

Coco05
2nd Dec 2010, 11:45
For the resignation, I can't answer it since I was unemployed. But I read here in the forum that like around one week or so. Don't worry,it will get to you. Sometimes, it just really last minute but it will so don't be antsy.

As for my e-ticket,it was uploaded in my portal a week before my departure date. My e-visa was uploaded 5 days before I leave. I got my accomodations details the same time they uploaded my e-visa if I remember it correctly.

Hahah! Don't be,enjoy the time you have left in Auckland.

I hope that helps :)

anna19b
Try to submit a query in your portal and let them know you already uploaded it so they could update it. We just met today the HR people and they are pretty busy so you just really have to be patient :)

Ameea
2nd Dec 2010, 12:05
Hello!!!
I have a question for those who know more about this topic...i have a twin sister and our DOJ is on 24 jan. I know that brothers and sisters can stay in the same apartment. When i received my GC i asked the recrutor about this and she told me that i must speak with the Accommodation Department but i forgot to ask her :ugh:when and how should i do that.(should i call them or speak with them in Dubai?) Can somebody help me??:):)

Mari
2nd Dec 2010, 12:35
In Dubai in the Headquarters, 7th floor. You can move after the training if rooms/flats are available. Concentrate on your training now.

easyS
2nd Dec 2010, 13:28
hi everyone.

so today is end of the 6th week since my final interview..and i havent recieved ONE status change...it has continuously said "application under review" even before i attended the open day/FI...originally i had set up my profile using a diff e-mail address to the one i gave the recruiters but as soon a s i got home i changed the e-mail address on my profile..i can't help but think this has caused some sort of problem...i am desperately looking for a contact phone number...if anyone could mail it me @ [email protected] i would be soooo grateful!! and has thishappened to anyone else??:ugh:

versace_nathan
2nd Dec 2010, 13:44
try this +971- 47083-915
+9714708-/1580/1574/1557

anna19b
2nd Dec 2010, 13:56
hello easyS! I also applied from a diffrent email adress with the one I gave to the recruters. That should not be a problem. Because my status changed and I've received also the golden call one week ago... Don't worry maybe things are going a slow in your case but you have to be pacient! Good luck!

easyS
2nd Dec 2010, 14:02
thanks...they don't seem to be working :-( don't no why its so hard to get in touch with them!!lol

thanks anna...i suppose i can rule out the e-mail address thing being a problem then lol...its just weird that i havent had any status updates...suppose i'll just have to keep checking like a maniac lol :)

Ameea
2nd Dec 2010, 14:27
I understand your point but i want to know what should i do to stay together from the beginning, not after the training because at my FI one of the recrutors told me that if we are both accepted we should let them know that we want to stay together :) Should i call at the HR Department? Thank for your reply Mari:)

ThatRedHatGirl
2nd Dec 2010, 17:56
If you log into your candidate portal and read the FAQs... they state that requests for specific accommodations will NOT be considered. The recruiter was probably just being nice.

With respect, you're coming here to work, not to live with your sibling. Sure you are close and maybe you will be lucky and put together or nearby, but you may also end up living at opposite ends of Dubai- it's all dependant on what the company has available.

As Mari says, you can move after the training if it is what you really want to do. If you don't think you can last 5-6 weeks living apart, then it's probably not the best idea to come to another country... :/

Part of the adventure here (for those who have not done so) is to live independantly, make your own friends, have your own life... you can see your sister on days off. Once you're out of probation you can bid your days off the same and try to get time together.

FOr the people with the security documents notification, don't worry about it. Everyone had it.

As today is UAE National Day, it was a holiday for the office. They also don't work on Fri/Sat.

And once again, do you REALLY think posting the recruitment office numbers is the brightest thing to do? Everyone complains the lines are busy, you've just given them to anyone who reads this forum, not just the people who need them. I once had someone in the office tell me they get calls from people just wanting to apply, not even that passed the FI. So those numbers will probably just get a lot busier now :ugh:

benjamine
3rd Dec 2010, 01:22
hello guys and girls!!!
thank you for all your answers and advices!i'm new here,but i took the time to read all the topic!!
now i have a question:if the status in the emirates website is "you will be contacted at the earliest by your recruitment coordinator", does it mean that it's ok?

cheers

little dazzling
3rd Dec 2010, 07:13
Hi guys, I found something interesting and good for laugh:)

If you think you might want to become a Flight Attendant, perform the following (smile) before deciding:
1. Go to a resale store and find an old navy suit that an army sergeant might have worn. Add a white shirt and a tie. Wear the same outfit for three consecutive days.
2. Go to an airport and watch airplanes take off for several hours. Pretend you are standing by for them and that they are all full. Go home. Return to the airport the next day; do the same thing again. (Nonreving CAN be a great perk!)
3. Fill several large boxes with rocks. Lift them over your head and place them on the top shelf of a closet. Slam the door shut until the boxes fit.
4. Turn on the radio. Be sure to set it between stations so there is plenty of static. Turn on the vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal. Run them all day.
5. Remove the cover from several TV dinners. Place them in a hot oven. Leave the food in the oven until it’s completely dried out. Remove the hot trays with your bare hands. Serve to your family. Don’t include anything for yourself.
6. Serve your family a beverage one hour after they’ve received their meal. Make them remain in their seats during this time.
7. Scrounge uneaten rolls off the plates for you to eat two hours later when you’re really hungry.
8. Place a straight-backed chair in a closet facing a blank wall. Use a belt to strap yourself into it. Eat the rolls you saved from your family’s meal.
9. Ask your family to use the bathroom as frequently as possible. Tell them to make splashing water a game and see who can leave the most disgusting mess. Clean the bathroom every hour throughout the day.
10. Make a narrow aisle between several dining room chairs and randomly scatter your husband’s wing-tips and loafers along the way. Turn off the lights and spend the night walking up and down the aisle while banging your shins against the chair legs and tripping over the shoes. Drink several cups of cold coffee to keep yourself awake.
11. Gently wake your family in the morning and serve them a cold sweet roll. Don’t forget to smile and wish them a nice day when they leave for work and school.
12. After the family leaves, take a suitcase and go out in the yard. If it’s not raining, turn on the sprinkling system and stand in the cold for 30 minutes pretending like you’re waiting for the crew bus to pick you up. Then go inside and wait by your bedroom door for another 30 minutes for an imaginary maid to make up your room.
13. Change into street clothes and shop for five hours. Pick up carry-out food from a local deli. Go back home. Sit on your bed and eat your meal. Set your alarm for 3 a.m. so you’ll be ready for your wake-up call.
14. Repeat the above schedule for three days in a row and you’ll be ready to work your first trip.

benjamine
3rd Dec 2010, 12:38
yes you're right!in fact i just wanted to be reassured!:)the suspense is just...grrrrr

thanks for your answer!

URUFLIESDUBAI
3rd Dec 2010, 17:38
wow... what a relief... My status changed today to "approval in progress".
I feel really lighter,hehe, too much tension was going down these last days.
Just one question, is there a possible chance to get rejected at this instance?
well.
good luck to all and success in the adventure..:D:ok:

toal206
3rd Dec 2010, 18:26
hey all! great site this is!

My status changed to approval in progress two weeks ago and today is the 6 week date mark from I had my FI. The would have recieved my photos in the post six weeks ago on monday. Should I email them asking about my file as the RO notes that she gave us states to kindly email them if I havnt heard anything in 6 weeks. What should I do?!!
sooo nervous lol! I hope its good news!!:confused:

purelife
3rd Dec 2010, 18:31
AMEEA:

I agree 100% with the post TheRedHatGirl wrote to you, you can't ask for accomodation... only after training. And if you can't do that for 7-8 weeks, I don't think you are ready to come live to Dubai...sorry, it's not to be harsh but it's the truth. And you do know you will NEVER be in a flight with your sister right? It's company policy, no direct family members in the same flight. Best of luck.

gen6
4th Dec 2010, 08:36
Hi guys, does anybody have any idea if I can become a flight attendant if I"m colourblind (on red/green scale) ?

And will they test me for colourblindness somewhere else ( i.e. Dubai , with their own doctors ) except from the medical documents I give them from my own country. Thank you!

Do you also think that 175cm (5`9'' )is too short for height for male attendant or it's fine? I know I reach 212cm but again, may be they want some taller guy, just for esthetic reasons.

Thank you!

want_to_fly
4th Dec 2010, 11:27
Hi gen6

I'm not sure about the colourblindness, but I think for safety and security reason they would ask and note down if you have any. As for the height I think you should be fine. As long as you can reach 212cm tip toe without shoes then you'll be ok. I'm 165cm and I could reah that height during my OD experience.

Good luck and God bless!

chixorfish
4th Dec 2010, 11:36
From what I can remember coloured blindness may pose an issue as the call lights for toilet fires, pax call bells etc are in fact coloured

toal206
4th Dec 2010, 14:37
Hello all!!!!

had my FI on 22nd oct... its now the 4th Dec and still no GC / Email.... I hope its a GC!!!
My status changed to approval in progress around 3 weeks ago but still nothing! The RO'S said a six week wait which was thurs 2nd... but still nothing.. Should I call them??

Please help!!!

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

J

toal206
4th Dec 2010, 16:13
[Text speak]

iddubai11
5th Dec 2010, 21:08
Hi all,

Firstly I just want to say I've found this forum extremely helpful, especially Samantha in Sydney :)

I'll be attending the OD this Saturday in Sydney at the Medina Grand, is there anyone else who will be coming along?

anna19b
6th Dec 2010, 05:44
Hello guys! Somebody can tell me if I've uploaded my medical on the portal and It shows that it's completed that means that I've passed the medical??? thankss

ally23x
6th Dec 2010, 08:01
hy!

I have posted a query on the selected candidates portal, and i can see that emirates replyed, but i can't see what they replyed :(( does anyone know what can i do to see the post?

I would really appreciate your help!

maral
6th Dec 2010, 12:02
hey everyone,
i am about to try emirates but not sure if you can just walk in , in their OD or you have to be invited? thank you

ally23x
6th Dec 2010, 12:23
You can simply go to the OD!!! It would probably help if invited, but I believe that it is neccesary only for the AD. Read this forum, prepare yourself, be confident and get the job :)

Good luck!!!

ally23x
6th Dec 2010, 20:19
Hy!

Can anyone tell me what does the approval of DOCUMENTS FOR SECURITY and of the MEDICALS consists of? Meaning...do you receive an email or just the COMPLETED mark? Or what else?

Thank you!

himmelmat28
6th Dec 2010, 22:32
hey aaly23x......so do i......still waiting about final approval....

leiser182
6th Dec 2010, 22:48
hey me too still waiting i've been like this almost two months, for the final approval you get an email telling you your medicals have been checked, and your joining process begins.

RiRi25
7th Dec 2010, 11:18
anyone going to the Bratislava OD?

toby1236
7th Dec 2010, 11:37
Hi All, I received the below email this morning. However, I am a bit confused. My account has been "Approval in Progress" for the last three weeks. This note came from the general Emirates online application email during the night while Emirates offices were definitely closed. When I login, my account still says Approval in progress. Has this happened to anyone else? I am hoping it is just an automatic email or something, but I doubt it.

"Reference your application & recent interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your application. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for three months.

We will keep you posted with your results in due course. Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application."

want_to_fly
7th Dec 2010, 12:00
That is weird. I haven't seen or heard of that before. I'm not ek cc but I've been following this forum since 09. It really doesn't make sense if they have limited vacancies and language course they are putting you on hold. I can see that you are from Canada where English is the national language. Then why host open days in Australia 4 times a month on average in our major cities if they have limits vacancies, and we mostly speak English? Maybe you could ring them and see if you are actually on hold?

Wish you all the best and good luck!

God bless :D

perkin1
7th Dec 2010, 12:02
I just got the same email this morn:

Dear *****

Reference your application & recent interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your application. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for three months.

We will keep you posted with your results in due course. *Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application.

Cabin Crew Recruitment
Emirates Airlines

You're a male too?
If so I'm guessing they have to wait a few months before they can put anymore guys through due to limited male spots. (even despite being recommended after the fi)

what do you all think??

So annoying!! But after The last months I'm that used to waiting haha I almost couldn't imagine life without this anxiousness...

toby1236
7th Dec 2010, 12:33
Hey, yeah...I am a male too. I kind of agree with you. I imagine the recruiters know what they are looking for and don't understand why they would take so many men if not needed. At my OD 6 people made it to FI...3 of them were males. However, I did just read a post on another website where they guy finally got the GC 6 weeks after receiving the email we both got. I was so ready to get the call soon and start packing... ha Anyhow, best of luck to you as well.

want_to_fly
7th Dec 2010, 13:24
Did you guys also specify if you were interested in the main fleet or A380 fleet? My friend who works for ek says the airline is desperate for A380 crew and from what I hear they've pulled a few males from main fleet to A380

toby1236
7th Dec 2010, 13:35
I never specified which fleet I wanted to be on. However, I don't think they honor everyone's preference. Not sure if this makes a difference, but apparently Dubai made an announcement today that they are delaying the opening of the new airport until the end of the year from March 2011.

perkin1
7th Dec 2010, 13:41
dont think it has anything to do with a380/main crew

guessing all dates for males are full until 21 feb (the farthest joining date avail from today)
and they cant plan them any further in advance till then at the moment, so their next best thing to do for us is put us in a waiting pool for a few months until they can find space for us.. so annoying

Especially when last week they told me on the phone "The joining team is supposed to call you tomorrow"..

Who knows though... its in their hands and in the end we are just numbers

ahh well at least it wasnt a rejection email, that was my fear after i saw the email with subject header 'emirates group application" haha.. nearly had a heart attack

charnel
7th Dec 2010, 15:25
Hi, it seems like automatically generated message, i also received this emial this morning. So we all got that on the same day. I had my FI almost a month ago and I'm also male.
So that brings up a question, did anyone hear about receiving GC after that kind of message from them?

charnel
7th Dec 2010, 16:16
Then, you never know, especially with Emirates.
But thank you Youyito for kind words. Considering amount of time and effort all of us put into this process, it would be disappointing to get rejectect. But, as someone said, all we can do now is wait and hope for the best.

Flyingpig07
7th Dec 2010, 18:02
Hi girls and boys :)
I am following the forum for quite a long time now, I would like to say congratulation for everyone who received they GC recently and also thank you for every single one of you for all the information you shared here!! :)

I had my AD on the 9th of November in Manchester, I also done the final interview. Is anybody here from the same AD? Have you guys heard anything back yet? :O

want_to_fly
7th Dec 2010, 20:36
The wait must be killing you guys haha but I wouldn't worry though. When the recession hit the UAE 9 months ago 4 of my friends went through the fi with me got an email saying they are on hold for 6-9 months or until further notice. After 9 months they all got a call back and a GC! I'm attending another OD in Brisbane next month and I hope by then they would have organize more training dates for males.

Well good luck with all of you guys! Don't take the email as a negative, it just means you'll have a few extra months to han out with family and friends lol.

God bless!

Youyito
7th Dec 2010, 20:51
6-9 months... JESUS!!!!!

O_o but... Oh my... And... for the people who got the email.... how much time after the final interview did you received it?

I repeat... 6-9 MONTHS??? O_O

want_to_fly
7th Dec 2010, 21:22
Yes youyito, 6-9 months haha. At that time emirates wasn't even recruiting, they froze their recruitments for nearly a year in 2009. You will find some posts here about it. My friends received the email maybe 4 weeks after their FI, whereas I got the unlucky rejection email in 3 weeks. But i wouldn't worry for those who are waiting, emirates will definitely call you guys soon. I'll ask my friend who will be visiting me in Brisbane from Dubai. She recently finished training on the A380 but have been with emirates for nearly 1 year. She is the one that told me A380 desperately needs people and they will be expecting more A380 aircrafts next year. Also, good news for Chinese speakers too because her roommate told me they need more Chinese speakers on their Chinese route! I speak Chinese well but can't read haha.

Good luck guys and have faith!

God bless always!

flynhigh
7th Dec 2010, 21:45
Hello all

Is there a age limits to apply as a cabin crew...

Thanks

toal206
7th Dec 2010, 22:12
Hello all again...

I got the email about application on hold. I immediately thoght it was a gender related issue. I was totally gutted but from what i read here its not the rejection email???

Do you think they will call when they require more male crew? I hope so as I am totally gutted. Six weeks your friend waited after he got that email and he's there now? Now that would be a call off dreams!

Again from what I read on this site I think its an automatically generated email message that all male applicants have got. I have waited to the day 7 weeks and thats what I got so im pretty sure its auto generated. Gutted! So long as I have hope yet (As little as it is) Ha ha

Thanks all!! :):):)

angel14
7th Dec 2010, 22:56
Hi Flynhigh

There are age limits usually between 18 & 21 to apply.....you need to check websites for Airlines you are interested in to see what they want...:)