PDA

View Full Version : LHR taxiways

Anne.Nonymous
8th Apr 2001, 11:31
When are BAA going to improve the taxiways at LHR? They are now getting to be the worst in Europe particularly opposite the November's to the entrance to the Bravo's. A gal needs a sports bra at anything over 10 knots!

Sharjah Night Shift
8th Apr 2001, 13:06
After they build shops alongside them!

Gonzo
8th Apr 2001, 13:34
I would think that if more crew/airlines complained to BAA they'd have to take a bit more notice!

It's like the holes in block 102 on 09R, everytime we get a crew telling us about them, we get checker out there and the response is always "Oh yeah, those are the ones we know about, been there for ages!"

Gonzo

WeeWillyWinky
8th Apr 2001, 13:47
I think you are being very unfair the BAA have some very nice shops in the terminals and they are in very good condition. I think you are all being picky expecting an airport authority to to deal with irrelevant things like taxiways, taxiways don't make money.

Capt H Peacock
8th Apr 2001, 14:13
I hear the holes are about to be sponsored by HSBC :)

flt_lt_w_mitty
8th Apr 2001, 14:15
Anne, I want to fly with yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu at LHR

Steamed up Walt

flt_lt_w_mitty
8th Apr 2001, 14:19
You are wrong, Captain HP - they are just looking into it
Sorreeee!

Gonzo
8th Apr 2001, 15:30
Maybe now we're PPP'ed, any chance of getting HSBC to sponsor the tower? Pay for some nice up to date equipment?

Gonzo

[This message has been edited by Gonzo (edited 08 April 2001).]

Chalky
8th Apr 2001, 18:09
Anne

<<When are BAA going to improve the taxiways at LHR? They are now getting to be the worst in Europe particularly opposite the November's to the entrance to the Bravo's. A gal needs a sports bra at anything over 10 knots!>>

Wasn't 17kts determined as the critical taxying speed when the lovely Sue was around?

calltheball
10th Apr 2001, 22:07
I'm not sure about the taxiways, but I may have something to do with the holes on the runways...

Anne.Nonymous
11th Apr 2001, 00:22
We all have a resonant frequency but I don't think we need to follow THAT particular thread!

It would be great if some of the larger potholes could be filled by BAA without further prompting! ATC are obviously aware.

Red Spitfire Driver
11th Apr 2001, 02:56
I seem to remember a statement by the BAA that to reduce the rateable value of all the concrete at LHR. A number of the taxiways were being painted with hatched areas at the sides, thus reducing the width (theoretically). This reduction taken over the whole airfield amounted to a large saving of money. I also remember that some of the fast turn offs were being made into sharper angles - by painting hatched areas. Has this happened or was it just a rumour ??
Comments please.... :)