PDA

View Full Version : Long Haul crew suffer brain shrinkage

Magnus Picus
28th May 2001, 08:59
The media were smug to report that a Bristol University Professor has discovered that Long Haul crew who regularly travel through many time zones, suffer from increased cortisol levels and consequently loss of Short Term Memory as well as brain shrinkage.

Who said we were small minded?

------------------
Magnus

screwjack
28th May 2001, 09:10
see, I'm flying long range ops now for the last four years and what exactly was it that I want to write...???!

never mind

cheerssssss

screwjack
28th May 2001, 09:20
Magnus
are yo aware that this prof. conducted his testing (only) on 20 flight attendants?

Some of this profession are even not aware if they are male or female. So what did you expect? Must be definately related with this kind of operation and the time zones. Therefore company says: "always try to stay in your own timezone"... - Wow, now I understand!(VBG)

screwjack

Whiskery
28th May 2001, 13:04
Thank God for that - I thought it was all the booze I was drinking down route!!!

screwjack
28th May 2001, 23:33
...So what was this threat about....???

Few Cloudy
29th May 2001, 10:47
Well Magnus,

If we can go by your user name, at least itīs only the brain that shrinks, thank goodness!

Xenia
29th May 2001, 11:11
If that is for long haule crew....he better doesn't invenstigate what goes on with short haule ones :) :) :) (less than 1 hour sectors few times a day)
Have to agree with Hogg in this one...
Oh yes...what was it all about????? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

sweeper
29th May 2001, 23:06
DAT,S why management don,t fly that much long haul, can,t afford any more shrinkage.
THERE,S ALWAYS A REASON....