PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabees & Recruitment III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TightSlot
13th Aug 2007, 11:52
Please use the forum SEARCH function for previous threads on this subject - Your question may have been answered already

Ell J
14th Aug 2007, 14:16
Hi all, Best of luck SHFG when going will P message you in a sec.

I'm flying out the 31st August, could anyone tell me how much money I should take with me to cover myself for the first month or two? In pounds would be great. I know they deduct circa £40 for the retention thingy that you get back after 3 years and also the £10 for medical centre/ins. Is there any thing else I should prepare for? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Eleanor x

SkyHighFlyGal
15th Aug 2007, 06:44
Hey again all, I have a question..

I start on October 12, and a friend of mine has rather inconveniently decided to get married on December 31 this year in Vancouver.

I won't have had my 6 months probation by then, but I am wondering if there is any way you can ask for guaranteed days off for a special occasion such as this? I know that holidays are the usual way of getting days off, but I understand I won't be able to take hols in the first 6 months.

Also, can I access any staff discounts (with say Air Canada) in the first 6 months of employment?

Cheers m'dears,

SHFG:p

Ell J
15th Aug 2007, 08:47
Money to take out with me......
I'm flying out the 31st August, could anyone tell me how much money I should take with me to cover myself for the first month or two? In pounds would be great. I know they deduct circa £40 for the retention thingy that you get back after 3 years and also the £10 for medical centre/ins. Is there any thing else I should prepare for? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Eleanor x

777w
15th Aug 2007, 12:48

I start on October 12, and a friend of mine has rather inconveniently decided to get married on December 31 this year in Vancouver.

I won't have had my 6 months probation by then, but I am wondering if there is any way you can ask for guaranteed days off for a special occasion such as this? I know that holidays are the usual way of getting days off, but I understand I won't be able to take hols in the first 6 months.

Also, can I access any staff discounts (with say Air Canada) in the first 6 months of employment?

Cheers m'dears,

as per company policy u HAVE to take leave within the first 6 months of flying atleast once...so u can take leave....as for the dates...g'luck cuz the slots will be sooooooooooooo FULL by now but always give it a shot.

Ell J
15th Aug 2007, 13:20
The 20 passport pics we need to take, do they have to be professional or can they be ones from a passport photo booth?

SkyHighFlyGal
15th Aug 2007, 13:58
Hi, thanks for your answer, but my offer of employment letter states:
"During the first 6 months of your employment you will be on probation, during which time the normal terms and conditions (such as eligability for sick leave, annual leave and annual leave travel) will not apply, but which will then apply in the normal way after the expiry of probationary period of service".

So I took that to mean that I cannot avail myself of annual leave in the first 6 months? Or have I interpreted that incorrectly?

Are there any other provisions for staff to get days off (for example, I know in Cathay Pacific, staff have a 'joker' which they can request 5 guaranteed days off once each 6 months in addition to annual leave).

Cheers

i_am_din
16th Aug 2007, 03:40
is there anyone here who has attended an assessment day in Dubai? I would love to know how different or alike the process is from those in other countries. and how soon the application process is ,especially if youre on a visit visa and pressed for time.

For those already EK crews, i know that perfect eyesight is not required, but is there some sort of a limitation? my eye grade is a -2.00. Does that fall within the qualifications?

Lastly, Is there anyone here who was hired in Dubai? Specifically those who were employed by another Dubai company when they applied with EK, and got their residence visa transferred into EK's when they were hired. Did you encounter problems with the NOL's,etc.

Please do post back.

I cant say enough about how helpful and informational this forum has been :)

Genevieve
16th Aug 2007, 08:27
Hey Guys....
... Im thinking of buying a lap top. Should I wait till it get to Dubai ( 5th Oct) or buy it in the UK and claim the tax back at the airport??

Also what is the internet like over there.. I have heard there is only one supplier... IS it expensive for wireless? What are you guys all using??

Txx

ikoysss
16th Aug 2007, 13:23
I would like to ask if its true that EK will actually give you a starting bonus of $200USD once you start the training?
I have just recieved my final approval and i have also been thinking of how much money i should bring to Dubai.
Any help would be appreciated.

randomistaken
17th Aug 2007, 00:54
Hi there!

Has anyone ever worked as a Recruitment Officer at Emirates? What kind of education/work background is needed for this job?

Any advice/information you could give me would be very appreciated.

Thank you:)!

redmond071686
17th Aug 2007, 07:17
hello guys...i'm new here and i'm not so sure how this works...but i'd like to know who's leaving on oct26 (emirates) like i am. if you are, let me know. you can email me or sumthin..hahaha! c u guys...congratulations to all those who passed the medical check up!

Globe_trotter
17th Aug 2007, 10:52
Hi guys, thanks so much for all the posts and replies....really helped me out a great deal. Regarding the tattoo subject, i have a tattoo on the inside of my right wrist. it's small enough that it can be covered by a watch. I was just wondering if we are allowed to wear a watch on our right hand for the ladies. And does it need to be a specific style? do EK provide u with a watch???:eek:

SkyHighFlyGal
18th Aug 2007, 08:06

I won't have had my 6 months probation by then, but I am wondering if there is any way you can ask for guaranteed days off for a special occasion such as this? I know that holidays are the usual way of getting days off, but I understand I won't be able to take hols in the first 6 months. Well, that's what my letter of offer says anyway.

Cheers m'dears,

Melisa
19th Aug 2007, 12:24
Finally got my final approval!! :) I will be leaving for Dubai Sept 28 with training starting on Oct 4th... Anyone else with these dates too??

Rxlc
19th Aug 2007, 16:51
i still havent got my final approval and im supposed to go to dubai on 31st aug.:rolleyes: anyone else who starts training sept 6th without the final email?

SkyHighFlyGal
20th Aug 2007, 02:26

Not sure if the moderator keeps moving this post to the 'wannabee's' forum, but it does not relate to wannabes, nor am I a wannabe (I am a 'be'!) and wannabees could certainly not answer this question, so would appreciate it if it was left here. Thanks.

I won't have had my 6 months probation by then, but I am wondering if there is any way you can ask for guaranteed days off for a special occasion such as this? I know that holidays are the usual way of getting days off, but I understand I won't be able to take hols in the first 6 months. Well, that's what my letter of offer says anyway.

Cheers m'dears,

PositiveRate876
20th Aug 2007, 07:22
You do not get any ZED/ID90 or standby company travel at all during the first 6 months (industry standard)

However with EK you get confirmed passes right away. They are more expensive but they are confirmed which you'll need around Christmas.

Toronto service starts in the fall, and you can buy a cheap ticket on WestJet or one of them low fare carrier to Vancouver.

I'm not cabin crew so can't tell you how to work your days off for that.
Good luck

TightSlot
20th Aug 2007, 08:42
Posts moved (again) to this thread - next time deletion.

I start on October 12

Therefore you are clearly not operating Crew - fact, according to your own comments, you have not even started your probationary period.

The Crew Discussions thread exists for paid-up, operating crew to have their own discussions without being bothered by wannabees and new-hire questions.

naddy1983
20th Aug 2007, 09:54
Hi Mel,

It's Nadine - I'm on your facebook but saw your final approval on here and wanted to say CONGRATS! How long did you have to wait after submitting your medicals for your final approval and how much time is it until you leave? I should finish my meds tomoorow and get my forms filled out but I was wondering how long it would take then. I bet your getting really excited now...

Naddy :D

charlie57
20th Aug 2007, 12:27
Hi guys,

On Saturday I got 'the call' and should be leaving for Dubai on 19th October! :)
The lady I spoke to from Emirates said she would send me an email yesterday with details of medicals and contracts etc,but I haven't received it. How long did it take for anyone else in my position to receive this email?From reading on here I've seen it could be a few days/weeks but the lady definately said she'd send it yesterday.

Anyone else leaving on the same day??

Charlie57

isisnra
20th Aug 2007, 15:55
Hey,
Dnt worry abt it.. they are recruiting like crazy now and we are also moving buildings/HQs within Dubai so it's a very busy time at Emirates. You'll get your letter very soon. Should get it within the next 2 days or so.
Also expect delays when it comes to approval of medicals and all that... Just make sure u do everything they ask u to accurately according to their instructions and processing your application will also be easier on their part.

:O Congrats by the way.. U r very lucky and I'm sure u'll be very happy when u get here. It's all worth it.

ikoysss
21st Aug 2007, 04:04
Just wondering.. What happens after you get your final approval and after you send them your resignation form? Do you get another email? Or do you just wait for your ticket/VISA which is supposed to arrive 4 days before departure?

dora_6240
21st Aug 2007, 09:50
Hello guys,

When I would like to re-apply, how long should I wait? Maybe I heard 6 month...but I am not sure.. :confused:
And if this 6 month is true, they look it really strictly? so when after just 4-5 month there will be open day near to my town and I would like to go, it is not possible? Or they are not so strict? :rolleyes:

Dora:)

SingaporeBoy
21st Aug 2007, 12:30
I am going to attend Emirates Open Day on 1st Sept for the first time.Have always wanted to join but never had the chance to attend any of the OD because of my schedule.I have been flying for a major asian carrier for over 23years which makes me 45yo now....i am wondering if Emirates recruits people that old?Anyways..just going to see how far i can get through...

dora_6240
21st Aug 2007, 13:39
Hello SingaporeBoy

My advice would be to you to try it!!!! When I was on Emirates open day, the recruiters said that the oldest cabin crew what they have are over their 50´s... so it is never too late :ok:

Leito
21st Aug 2007, 15:39
The oldest cabin crew that they have it's not newly recruited, as far as I know the age limit TO JOIN is 35, sorry to burst your bubble, but then again you can always try, good luck any way !!!! :ok:

SingaporeBoy
21st Aug 2007, 17:30
i know...but i am just going to see how far they will let me through....will let you know the results.

EkRavin
22nd Aug 2007, 07:05
I am joining on the 12 Oct. Phoned HR couple of times. I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks now for my final approval. Anyone recently received their final approval flying in Oct.
Anyone having any news why they taking so long to process the final approval. they said it should be taking around 1 week.
The waiting is killin' :ugh: :ugh:

She said that is should be having an update by this week. And i cant see it happening this week as well. We already wed and tomorrow thurs. They closed on Fri & sat !!!:uhoh:

Rxlc
22nd Aug 2007, 08:53
:confused:over 2 weeks of waiting here too! n my joining date s 31st aug:{
i emailed them yesterday to ask whats goin on n no reply so far.

i_am_din
22nd Aug 2007, 08:53
Hi peeps. anybody here who has attended assessment days in dubai? or know anyone who did or is going to????
thanks....

Genevieve
22nd Aug 2007, 09:36
Gee Rxlc I hope your not stressing too much...

I have been waiting 3 weeks, which is fine. I guess they will get to me when they get to me. It is annoying though cos I dont know whether to give notice at work or not. My starting date is Oct 4th so I want to give them a months notice.

I have been readiing the residents guide to Dubai and it sounds awesome...I'm sure when we are all settled we will have a laugh about how frustrating this wait is
:ok:

Melisa
22nd Aug 2007, 13:03
Naddy1983 - Thanks!! :) I feel great that its all now concrete and I just advised my work earlier of my resignation. I sent CCjoiners another email asking if I need a written reference letter from my current employer, but they said there was no need for it. Also when you email them your medical results, don't forget to include a 'graph' from your hearing test..thats the part I forgot before.. So two weeks after I submitted the graph I got the final approval (Sunday the 19th Aug). A few days before I received it I had actually sent them an email asking about the status of my medical/final approval..so maybe they followed it up after my email. I fly out on Sept 28..I'm soo excited!! :) Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll be fine! ;)

They will email you once they have received your medical results from you, then wait approximately 2 weeks before following up with them..

As for RXLC though... I'd get on to them ASAP cause you start next week already!! As in call them until you get a hold of someone.. How will you resign from work with such super short notice? They'll probably end up changing your start date... :eek:

naddy1983
22nd Aug 2007, 14:05
Thanks Mel.

I've tried faxing through me medicals today but can't seem to get through. Did you fax or e-mail? I couldn't e-mail as there were too many attachments and I didn't want to send through loads of e-mails as they are more than likely to get lost then. Also, I have a chest x ray report but not an x ray and when you fax through your dental x rays they're not too clear. Nightmare :ugh:.... I'll give them a ring in the morn to confirm the fax number but I'd be interested to know if you had any probs. I understand they're moving offices so maybe the fax is off - I don't know.

:DWELL DONE!! I bet that's a weight lifted - it seems to have all happened very quickly but at the same time it's very stressful when your waiting isn't it?

Nad x

.goldenboy
23rd Aug 2007, 09:01
Hello everyone ,,
First i would like to congratulate those who made it through ,,
I have a question ,, i had my final interview 2 weeks ago and still waiting for the results ,, today a girl who had her interview the same day i did , informs me that she got the call,, ,,and am still waiting !! :{:{:{
My question is --> do they call everyone who got selected the same day ? or they might call at different times / days within this 2- 6 weeks period?

Thank you

Melisa
23rd Aug 2007, 13:42
Hey nads!

I emailed all my reports through (not the xrays though, just the written reports of them as you will show the actual xray when you arrive into Dubai). Same thing happened to me, the file sizes of my scans were to large for their email, so i sent about 4-5 separate emails with the different reports attached and a message in each email about what is being sent in that particular email and what I have already emailed etc...Just make sure you always write your name and joiners reference number in each.. :)

.goldenboy- from the Brisbane recruitment recently that I was in, some people were called exactly two weeks after their final interview, I was called 2 weeks after but that was to ask me to send in more photos. Then about four weeks after the final interview my work colleague received the golden phone call, then I did a day later.. and then our other work colleague got the call 6 weeks after the final interviews! So you could imagine she was stressed out for two weeks more because us two got the call and she didn't! So even though others have been called from your recruitment day, don't worry yet because they can call you anytime between 2-6 weeks from your final interview.. I say no news is good news :)

Right now I'm stressing about what bank account to open and how much money I'll be needing when i first arrive into Dubai because I'm so dead broke at the moment!! Anyone currently working as EK CC have any advise? EK pays monthly I presume?? And in training college during our lunch breaks do we have to go out and buy food or do they provide meals during training? Or have like a cheap cafeteria in the building? Wonder if the banks in Dubai will lend money or offer a credit card right away to new EK CC? I wouldn't mind so then I could pay off my debts here in Australia with it then only have to worry about money issues in Dubai..

Leito
23rd Aug 2007, 14:58
As far as i know Banks will offer you credit cards while training, there are lots of banks but the most populars are HSBC and Mashrek, for loans I believe that you have to wait 6 months, but I'm not totally sure.
During training you will have luch at the cafeteria in the training college, they have set meals for DHS 15 (about u$s 4), (salad, main meal and a soft drink), of course they also have soup, sandwiches and other things but the set meal is not that bad and it often changes, plus now we have Costas Cafe right next to it, all in the 7th floor with an amazing view of Dubai creek golf.

The pay day is once a month but during training you will only get the basic salary, which is enough to live but not to pay off debts, so, good luck there !!!

I hope that it helped !!!! :ok:

calvink
23rd Aug 2007, 17:48
Hi SingaporeBoy....i thought recruitment in emirates for both singapore and malaysia is only open for female?..

lindsay25
25th Aug 2007, 04:50
Hi Melissa how long after you sent your medicals did they give you the offer of employment? thank you

Rxlc
25th Aug 2007, 11:23
the offer of employment comes in the same email with the medicals

ikoysss
26th Aug 2007, 08:35
Is there a GYM at the EK accomodation thats free of charge for the tenants?

Genevieve
27th Aug 2007, 22:44
ok... I got an email from them today saying that they have recieved my medicals but that they still need a conversational voice test submitted as stated in the medicals. Did I miss this? Has everyone else done one of these. Seems kind of weird seeing as english is my first language. Where would I get this done???

elixir8
28th Aug 2007, 04:36
hi...i just got my ticket & visa...needless to say, i'm freaking out...

anyways, i'm quite worried 'cos i have been told that my DOJ is 31st august but when i got the ticket, it's been changed to 30th august...is this normal?

and just to confirm, we only present the printed copy of the ticket to the counters when we check in at the airport right? and carry along with us the visa, correct?

i'm really anxious about this whole trip...just hope everything would turn out fine...gahhh!

anyone with similar experience or advice, please buzz me! thank you so so so much.

EkRavin
28th Aug 2007, 11:15
when did you get your final approval by email?
I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks now and nothing till now!!!
Though my joining date is 12-oct.

Your case there is nothing to be freaked out. Just chill out. You are sorted now. Go there and enjoy the ride !!!

simonetta
28th Aug 2007, 18:21
hi everybody!!! Just one quick question!!! When they say that, in case you pass the final interview, you'll be asked to present a reference letter written by your current employer, do they mean like a certificate stating that you have really worked for that specific employer or a letter written by one specific person that says you're a good worker,reliable, they recommend hiring you etc. etc.??? Thanks.....:)

omarr
29th Aug 2007, 00:59
Hi

My first post here and I need a bit of advice.Am due to start cabin crew basic training with Emirates in October. Have been looking forward to it for ages.

I have just been offered another job. Completely unrelated to the aviation industry. The salary is higher and if I'm being honest, by quite a bit. However, it does not include accommodation and in Dubai, this becomes quite important. Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that I would, when all is said and done, have a great time as cabin crew...

I have the details on basic pay, flying hours etc but I am still looking for a general monthly salary figure in UAE dirhams to go by.

So roughly speaking, can anyone tell me what I could expect to earn as a Grade II cabin crew with Emirates, opting to take the company accommodation? (I would never take the allowance, at least not in the first year...)

8,000 AED a month? 9,000 AED? Does it get anywhere near 10,000, ever (for Grade II)?

I know, I know 'it all depends' but...

Also am just wondering if anyone is going to tell me scrap the 'proper' job and just go for it. I'm almost hoping that someone will...

cheers.

omarr

flyingbuffalo
29th Aug 2007, 01:32
Hi all,

I had an interview with Emirates for 6 months ago, and could not make it through. Now i can try again, and reapply for their assessment in Osaka in September. However, I couldn't get any e-mail, which has been already sent it out... So I don't think I pass my application.

When you reaplly, how do you do that?
I revise the details of my application such as additional information and photographs, and I just press "Submita application."
We can use the same ID and e-mail address to reapply, can't we?

If anyone knows about this, please let me know and I'd really appreciate!

EmiratesCCMad
29th Aug 2007, 05:55
HeyI'm waiting for my **GOLDEN CALL*. LOL I feel like the call is life or death, actually it probarly is for me! PANICK ATTACK!!

Also,I have noticed -correct me if I am wrong- that everyone who has gone through to the final interview -off the members of this forum- no one got rejected or no one posted to say that they did!

Cool, Emirates are on a shopping spree as for the new batch on A380s.

Take Care Fellow Wanabees,Gonnabees or Already-bees!!
Emirates Rules, Keep Discovering:ok:

skyisthelimit
29th Aug 2007, 18:31
flyingbuffalo: i think you will need to wait for one year (twelve months) before applying again (yes, you can use the same id and the lot to reapply). so i guess it is not a matter with whether or not you have passed the initial application, but perhaps it was due to the fact that your application would not go through as you will need to wait for another six months.

emiratesccmad: flyingbuffalo and myself are two instances who didnt go through after the final interview. so, ... without any intentions to scare you ..., there is always this wee possibility for everything.

simonetta: i think what they want is a letter confirmation of resignation from your current employer, where states somewhere along the line that your resignation is in accordance with the regulations of your company and so forth. ek will provide you with the template once you received the offer letter along with the medical list (that is after receiving the call).

goodluck everyone!

omarr
29th Aug 2007, 20:17
Oh well, I have been told on pretty good authority that 10,000 AED is the average salary per month for Grade II.

That AED 10,000 is made up of the basic, the cash you get to spend in each destination (whatever the term for that is) and the flying hours.

And 10,000 AED plus accommodation/accommodation allowance seems pretty good for cabin crew,

But alas, still have no idea what to do, which job I should go for. CC friends of mine go on and on and on about all the perks of the job/lifestyle...and then spend the next 20 minutes detailing all the cons! Typical...

charlie57
29th Aug 2007, 23:37
Hey,

I'm currently trying to get all the medicals done and it seems to be never ending!Hoping I can get them all done within the 2 week time frame I've been given.Does anyone know if the admin team in Dubai are really strict with the time frame?And has anyone been given the name of a specific person to contact by email if they're having any problems with it?I emailed the CCjoiners email address a few days ago and didn't get a reply.
Also,does anyone know if the reference from the current employer needs to be sent with the medical..and what exactly needs to be said in the reference??
Any help would be much appreciated!

EmiratesCCMad-Have you been waiting long for the call?I waited 3 and a half weeks it was torture!!Which assessment day did you attend?Hope u hear form them soon and good luck!

If anyone needs any questions answering up to the stage where I am now I'd be happy to help.

redmond071686
30th Aug 2007, 05:24
hey guys. is there anyone here who starts their training on november 1, 2007?

Gappy
30th Aug 2007, 06:13
Hi, I just read throught he entire forum and I was just wondering if EK allows you to bring your pets when staying at the provided accommodation? Pets as in cats/dogs etc. There's an open day coming up soon and I wanna give it a shot.

PER210
30th Aug 2007, 08:12
With regards to the photo's that you need to take to the recruitment day, head shot and full length, do these need to be professionally taken, or you could just take them on your personal camera and that should be fine? thanks

charlie57
30th Aug 2007, 12:20
Per210 - I read on here that photos can be done at home and if they are a good standard then they are suitable.However, at my final interview I was told to get them done professionally,so I went to one of the photographers that Emirates recommended.I would recommend doing this because it will probably save time,especially if you were to take some and then had to re-do them.

charlie57
30th Aug 2007, 12:24
Per210- Sorry just re-read what you asked and noticed you are talking of the photos to take to the recruitment day.I think photos that you have taken yourself will probably be good enough,as long as there is a plain background and you look smart.If you get through to the final stage though I would recommend getting professional photographs.
Hope this helps.

PER210
30th Aug 2007, 13:59
Thanks heaps for your help. So pretty much only go professional once i've got past the interview stage? Thanks again for your help.

EmiratesCCMad
30th Aug 2007, 15:07
Skyisthelimit- So bad to hear, you got the 'We regret...' after the final interview. It's really nerve wrecking. Keep trying, never give up. In the 6 months get a job, and when the 6 months are over go to the Open Day and try. I heard on this forum some tried 6-8 times to get through!

Edit: Realised you have to wait 1 year if you got to interview stage. But atleast you know what to expect, and hope you can post your experiences for other 'Wanabees' on this forum.

Gappy: I dont think they allow pets, because you're going to be travelling a lot, and I dont think pets will be allowed to come with you or stay in the apartment and furthermore, it depends on your roommate/s but you could always ask!

charlie57: I've been waiting 2.5 weeks. I'm counting down every single day on my calendar. Im going to be prepared. Medicals and Photographs are booked, if they say 'no' then bugger it, I will have to ring up and cancel lol! :mad::mad::mad:
I attended the 'Mancheser' open day. Only 120 people odd attended. At the end 9 people went through. Only 1 so far got the nod, his names Pete, so :DJUST CAN'T BLOOMIN WAIT!!!!

PER210: charlie57 is right. You can take them yourself, but make sure your in a Business attire, WELL GROOMED (thats really important), clear bankground, quality shot (no blurred etc) because the office staff who are sat in Dubai have never seen you! Interviewers dont make the final decision, its the Recruitment team. Also, preferable if you take a casual pic, on holiday type, NO beer or lots of mates with cheesy laughs. Try to smile! Also,take your resume/cv on a nice quality paper. If you've applied online (most prob) stick on your ONLINE APPLIC. No! No folders/binders to be given to the staff as they heaps of CV's to scan through. Application forms would be handy. Pen is a must to fill forms (look organised) AND BE CONFIDENT AND BE YOURSELF.

One of my mates was really jealous about me getting through, and he wants to apply but he threw (in my opinion) a trick question to me:
Would it be good or bad to put on his resume/cv: Even if I dont get it this time, I will never give up. I have self confidence and the enthusaism to keep trying?
I dont know what to say to him, incase they say NO to him because of the 'desperate-ness'! LOL, If you could answer his q, i would be so relieved lol!
My assests I think were: Speak 4 languages, did Customer Services for GCSE when in H.School and did previous Customer Care jobs

Sorry for long essay lol!:ok::(

naddy1983
30th Aug 2007, 15:28
Charlie 57: With regard to your medicals, don't worry about the time frame. I couldn't get my doctors and dentist appointments within the 2 week timeframe and called them at CCJoiners - they said not to worry, take your time to get everything and fax it through to them as soon as conveniently possible. I sent mine through about 3 days after the 2 weeks. Also, if I can give you some advice, call them to check they received your faxed medicals and to check thet're all satisfactory - I did this it did take me 2 days to get through to them however) and they checked over my medicals there and then and gave me my final approval e-mail just a few days after I submitted my medicals forms - I guess I was lucky in that instance but it is worth checking they're all sufficient just incase they have a query which they won't follow up for a few weeks which will possibly extend your waiting time. It's difficult to get the balance between being patient and keen but it's your career so just go for it!! :)
There is no need to send a reference at that point - the next e-mail will ask you to hand your resignation in and send them back the employers acceptance letter and your tickets will be with you 4 days before travel. They did not mention references to me.

Goldenboy and Emirates CC Mad: I feel for you. I was in the same position not long ago and was reading this forum and the term "no news is good news" is right - I waited just over 2 weeks for the call and missed it 3 times. :ugh:You'll be fine!!

EK Ravin: Have you had your final approval yet? My start date is 12th October too. I'm flying from Birmingham. If you haven't heard - try to call them.

Leito: Thanks for your advice regarding accommodation and bank accounts - was really helpful. It's an exciting and life changing time!! :)
I will c you there!

If anybody needs any advice regarding any of the recruitment process - please e-mail me I am happy to help. It's a time of lots of waiting that seems to go quickly but take forever at the same time.

EmiratesCCMad
30th Aug 2007, 16:06
Naddy, would you kindly read your PM Inbox and reply if possible?
Thanks

ikoyss: Most EK appartments have gyms, swimming pool etc facilities available however dont worry, I have read here, that employess have AIRLINE MEMBERSHIP card which has free gym , discount meals etc!
Hope it helps:ok:
BTW: When are you flying out>

EmiratesCCMad
30th Aug 2007, 16:08
ikoyss:
Most apparments do, incl. gyms,swimming pool etc if not dont worry, I have read on this forum that employees have access to AIRLINE MEMBERSHIP CARD, which entitles you to free gym, discounts on meals etc.

ikoysss
30th Aug 2007, 17:13
Cool cool.. Im glad theres a gym. The only question now is will we be able to find time to work out with our busy schedules and all? lol

EkRavin
30th Aug 2007, 19:14
Nad, its been 4 weeks now that i have been waiting for the final approval.

I called them so many times and they just said someone gonna look into it or there is no news at the moment !!!
I mailed them as well so many times still bl**^% nothing.
Am thinking to quit this and come back to UK. Honestly they have been taking the p*&^...well they are

I know some more ppl in the same situation !!! Mannn you were really lucky. To be honest i was lucky all since the beginning, everything was going to fast.

When did u submitted ur medicals and i mean around what date!
No one is able to tell me a straight answer when i ring. The phone line is crap as well and expensive too.
Thx Rav

EmiratesCCMad
30th Aug 2007, 21:52
Hey EK Ravin,
It's ok! You and me are going through the same proccess. It's been 6 weeks for you, but the time they said was 4-6. Remember:NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. If they did'nt want you, they would have emailed you and got it over with, but obviously they like you (fingers crosesd)

Dont get impatient, they're trying their best, and the final outcome in Dubai is all worth it!!!

You are really lucky like me, You, Leito,naddy etc as we have beaten the 30,000 people who apply each month!:p;)

I can understand you want to ocntact them or email them but they might think you're impatient. It's really hard, I know.
DO NOT GIVE UP!:ok:
They will contact you when neccesary, when the 6 weekws are up then ring up and check. Don't talk so negative about them, you might Jinx yourself:(:ugh:

Sorry for my big post! Hope it helps

Edit:
ikoysss: Yes, on yer days off (8 per month I think) you can work out, NOT BEFORE FLIGHTS as you will be tired! If i get the yes, I'm going to on Jumeria Beach, City Centre shopping, golf creek, oh the dreams of beautiful DUBAI!!!!!! I am going to save my wages to have a night in Burj Al Arab!!!!! Thats like one months wage lmao:eek:

ikoysss
31st Aug 2007, 07:18
EmiratesCCmad: Working out actually gives you more energy in the long run. And i think we future cabin crew should totally get into it.

My friends at EK sometimes get 5 straight days off. They would even get an ID90 ticket and go home for a couple of days.

Myyyy I am EXcited! LOL

EkRavin
31st Aug 2007, 10:11
Thx. I think you are right, i might be harassing them too much !

I leave it to them. I heard it takes 1 week to get the finals and not 4-6 weeks. Some ppl starting on the same date got their approvals within days they submitted their medicals.

Now this is something else i found. having too much news from all around sometimes makes you behave in some stupid ways. If u say so (4-6 wks) then i'll just wait.

Hope this coming week will mine, and all the rest of us. Cos i saw new batches starting later in OCT and NOV as well, which means we are not far then.

helfsich
31st Aug 2007, 12:08
Just wanted to correct a previous post (i think it was by omarr) regarding average Grade II Salary. The figure they quoted was more what the Grade I crew get, or at least the amount I'm getting on a full Business Class roster.

Average Grade II monthly Salary (and this is NOT including per diems) is around 7000 - 8500. The reason I don't include per diems is that some months may be full of only layovers, or only turnarounds, or partly full of standby duties without a callout, should you be on reserve. Plus a Japanese speaker doing a month of Japanese flights would get more in per diems than, say, a Swahili speaker doing a month of African flights.

I was in Economy for 15 months, and at no point did my monthly salary every hit the 9000 mark. As much as 10,000 AED would be welcomed, this isn't what Grade II's get.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble...

Rxlc
31st Aug 2007, 19:03
It is 4 to 6 weeks when u wait for the big call..but Ravin..and me too..we re waiting for the final approval of medicals and tickets.
and no, 6 weeks to wait for medicals aint normal!

jam8080
31st Aug 2007, 20:16
Hi, did anyone go to the interviews in London on the 29th and make it all the way through? I passed all and wanted to know if anyone else did, just have to send everything off now and wait.

blokker
31st Aug 2007, 21:13
hi hi , and how many candidates was invited on 29 aug in london? and how many make it to the finale????

EmiratesCCMad
31st Aug 2007, 21:37
Eek- Waiting is too exciting <eek-eek>
But just to think, in a few months we will be sat in Dubai!! Its worth the wait...

Many people on this forum and others say 'Oh Emirates said No to me, they must be mental. What are they looking for? It's their loss bla bla"
Well, not correct. 30k applicants per month (correct me if wrong), they have a hard job.
They look for:
Candidates must:
-be well groomed
-warm, bubbly personality
-confident

-customer service exp if any

-Any extra assets (languages,experience but it all depends)

-nice welcoming personality and smile

-hard working, with commitments (last thing they want is going through all trouble recruiting,grooming,medicals,training and 3 months in probation, you decide I wana go home, its rubbish!!:eek: so therefore as said before 'Either you'll love it or hate it' .I know I will love this job, its my ultimate ambition.

-and if you meet all requirements

-If you can pass their Assesments, then your theirs!!

Correct if I have made any errors

C'Ya!:ok:

Rxlc
31st Aug 2007, 22:11
probation period is 6 months..emiratesCCmad looks like u havent done well ur homework :8

EmiratesCCMad
31st Aug 2007, 22:21
Well as my user name says 'EmiratesCCMad'!

This waiting for my cakl is almost killing me!!! Oh dear...

Hey RXLC: I KNOW probation is 6 months. I was saying, 3 months into prob. and people say "that I'm going back. Its really :mad:!!!!" :eek: Just a waste of time isn't it!

Well, I only been to 1 OD, and I was really observing the trainers and trying to find the pattern on which the basis of candidates got elimated. Just waiting for my call.And just looking round forums, I though I just give a quick reminder.

It really really annoys me when people say "Emirates turned me down. They're blah blah. I am very good etc. Their loss not mine... "
I just get fed up. Just mainly, be yourself, confident,relaxed and participate in the activites and give it your best shot. Don't over do it though!!:ugh:

GOOD LUCK TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU including, the Wanabees,Gonabees,Already-bees,Never-bees, or turned-down bees. Just reapply 6 months later

Ta
x

P.S Does anyone know, if they went to O.D and ticked on one of forms:
Are You Willing To Serve Alcohol?[X] Does it affect the results.

I ticked NO, because I'm Muslim! I don't know. Please give me your verdict?

SkyHighFlyGal
1st Sep 2007, 00:07
Hi - anyone here starting October 12?

I'm still awaiting final approval... 3 weeks after sending medical info.

PM me if you are starting on the same date!

cp8
1st Sep 2007, 03:25
Hi! When we filled out that form,the recruiters told us to tick NO if we are muslims:)

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 07:08
Yes, so I ticked no, if I ticked yes just to look good, it would of been lying and would of easily got caught out. :ouch:
I'm just saying like does it effect final decision. :sad:

Come to think about it, it is'nt as I am waiting for call!!!!

Cheers:ok:

Some quality cabin crew emirates books coming soon:
http://www.cabincrewinterview.com/emiratesuk.html

Special new book dedicated to those Hard Emirates Interviews for newbies who are'nt waiting for their damn calls<grr>. I aint switching my phone off until October and checking my emails every hour lol

MissSmith
1st Sep 2007, 09:37
Hi everyone,

I had a final interview with Emirates recruitment when they were here last in Melbourne which seemed to go quite well. Had the psych assessments etc, it has been over 2 weeks now and just waiting to hear back from the big E.

My question is..... What is the general timeframe they get back to applicants AND would I have found out by now if I was not successful in continuing the Emirates journey?

After final interviews what is involved with the medical and dental checks?

I appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!! :)

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 09:46
Hi everyone
Hi there

My question is..... What is the general timeframe they get back to applicants AND would I have found out by now if I was not successful in continuing the Emirates journey?
The usual wait is 4-6 weeks. Saying that, many people on this forums have either had it before 4 weeks and some after 6 weeks. Remember: No news is good news. They're working their butts off so give 'em a chance. If no news after 5 week or so, email or give them a buzz on the phone.
You probarbly would have found out by now if you was'nt succesful,as members on this forum have said they get an e-mail if unsuccesful. If you recieve an email, its most likely a no! If so, try in a years time. (Because its only 6months for group stages, and 1 yr after final interview)

After final interviews what is involved with the medical and dental checks?
Mainly xrays,dental,jabs,etc
I really dont know, waiting for call. Ask one of the people who have done their medicals.
"HIV test, your vaccination : Hep A, B, Typhoid, MMS, Polio ...
your teeth must be clean, free from caries and all necessary fillings completed"From Cabincrew.com/forum

I appreciate any feedback! Thank You
You're welcome!

MissSmith
1st Sep 2007, 11:26
Thanks heaps for quick response EmiratesCCMad!!!

Greatly appreciated.... i also got the Emirates call just after i posted the questions as well.... how freaky...... through to medicals!! YAY have a date of the 26th oct if all clear!! yipeeeeeee

:p

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 11:53
omg! How lucky!!
I must be a lucky charm:p
Lucky you. I'm waiting for my call.
From now, for you, is just going to be really exciting.

Enjoy yourself will yeh!!

OOoh 26th, My Niece's birthday!!! PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

redmond071686
1st Sep 2007, 13:05
hello there misssmith!
Glad to hear that you have recieved your call from emirates. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you
i see you are also commencing duty on the 26th of October. I am also leaving my country for Dubai on the same date and will start with my training on the 1st of November. When and where did you apply for Emirates Airlines?

skyisthelimit
1st Sep 2007, 13:30
last year, when my successful was postponed, it took them 3 weeks to write the not-so-wanted e-mail.

this year, it took them less than two weeks to ring me to proceed with medicals.

i guess i am just lucky -as said on this forum, most of the time no news is good news.

although i am a muslim, i ticked yes as i do not mind serving alcohol. yet, i got through.

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 14:27
Hey Skyisthe limit
Thanks for your reply! What country are you from??

I ticked No, but still got through. Baring in mind, UAE is (or atleast was!) a Muslim country, and the airline is also Muslim, (regardless of the 100+ nationalites of CC) so they cant descriminate me.
I just don't want to touch alcohol,or come into contact. But if i do, I would just explain that I would act in a mature way and clean my hands rather than cause a fuss and a riot!

Thanks
EmiratesMad

---- www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork (http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork) --- same as pprune but dedicated for Cabin Crew
------------------------------------------------------------------
www.crewconnected.com/ (http://www.crewconnected.com/) also a good pick!

Edited by EmiratesCCMad at 15:29
Reason for editing: Hyperlink error!

Leito
1st Sep 2007, 16:15
Are you aware that even during Ramadan you must serve food and alcohol?, just checking.... :confused:

Anyway, no one will force to touch the alcoholic liquid it self, but you will have in your hands bottles and beer cans as you will have to serve them with the meals as our multinational customers will still be hungry and thirsty.

Take care !!! :ok:

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 16:22
Hey Leito
LOL, I know you must serve food/drinks in Ramadan, flights must go on, people ,must be fed.
I dont mind serving alcohol, but its just, i have been taught to stay away from it. Anyways, at the OD, we had the form and I ticked NO, and they still let me go through.

I also understand, that not all Passengers are muslims, therefore they must be fed.

( Even Islamic Airlines, provide food during Ramadan, inc Saudia! So it isn't a problem. )

Leito: I had Asthma when I was a child, but I have improved and am not dependant on inhalers or drugs anymore. Because I have history of Asthma, will they object, and shall I tell them? I'm thinking of calling them

Please Leito Answer these Quick Q's:
Whats a FACE CARD? Whats the beniefits etc?
How big is the EK Handbook?
Is the rumour true, EK invested DHS75MILLION on New EKTraining College for A380?

Leito
1st Sep 2007, 18:01
well, regarding the Asthma question I'm not the best to answer this but I guess that if you no longer suffer from it or deppend on medication then you should be fine, you must know that the air in the cabin is extremely dry and could affect you, are there any asthma suffers out there that can help out on this one ??????.

F.A.C.E. card is the best invention after the wheel, je je je :D:D:D, it stands for Flight Attendants club of Emirtes, you pay only 10 DHS a month and can get lots and lots of benefits like discounts on most restaurants and bars, free entry in most discos and places where you must pay, even free use of hotel gym and pool facilities, honestly, 10 DHS is nothing, next week there is a huge party organized by the F.A.C.E. club.

About EK handbook its big but it makes no difference because absolutly no one ever reads it :yuk:, lots of boring stuff. je je

The new training colege its up and running, nearly fully finished, maybe in a month or so the whole training will be completed there, at the moment we are still doing part of the training in the old training college, about how much money they spent, I have no idea, but it could be as much as they say because the facility its amazing and it has 3 simulators around the pool, one A330/340, one B777 they move and shake for turbulence and one A380 fixed as its huge.

Keep discovering !!:ok:

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 18:15
well, regarding the Asthma question I'm not the best to answer this but I guess that if you no longer suffer from it or deppend on medication then you should be fine, you must know that the air in the cabin is extremely dry and could affect you, are there any asthma suffers out there that can help out on this one ??????.
LOL, Just realised something. In actual fact, I am a frequent flyer with EK and other airlines. And nothing EVER has happened to me with the dry air. Worst thing ever happened, was when I spat out a lettuce dipped in Balsamic Vinegar lols

F.A.C.E. card is the best invention after the wheel, je je je :D:D:D, it stands for Flight Attendants club of Emirtes, you pay only 10 DHS a month and can get lots and lots of benefits like discounts on most restaurants and bars, free entry in most discos and places where you must pay, even free use of hotel gym and pool facilities, honestly, 10 DHS is nothing, next week there is a huge party organized by the F.A.C.E. club.
Seems cool. Does all airline get it or just EK? Does it work worldwide?
By the way- 7DH is £1, so Its just over a pound a month!Amazing

About EK handbook its big but it makes no difference because absolutly no one ever reads it :yuk:, lots of boring stuff. je je
Well your wrong. You gotta wotch me, I'll be reading EVERY SINGLE page, for the first 6 months. I betch'ya. I love anything which has the EK logo on it, be it a 287 page book! It's better to know it than not knowing in situations. Hey, it can be my bed time reading book. lol>it'll be on ebay the next day I get it (only kiddin)

The new training colege its up and running, nearly fully finished, maybe in a month or so the whole training will be completed there, at the moment we are still doing part of the training in the old training college, about how much money they spent, I have no idea, but it could be as much as they say because the facility its amazing and it has 3 simulators around the pool, one A330/340, one B777 they move and shake for turbulence and one A380 fixed as its huge.
When I went on my hols, I saw the old aeroplane thing outside sticking out, but I really want to go on A380 turbulence ride!!

http://p.vtourist.com/1/1489655-Emirates_Traning_College-Dubai.jpg
What is that? A simulator or like a fake training plane or the cafe?

CANT WAIT X

Keep discovering !!:ok:
YOU TO. THE POSSIBILITES ARE ENDLESS!
BTW: Do you enjoy EK? I am sure you do. Are you from UK?

EkRavin
1st Sep 2007, 19:55
Wo Ho that is some real good news you just gave us. 10DHS for all that priviledges who is not going to sign up for that.

Cool at least we are getting some feedbacks and some news to keep our morals :ok: while we are all going through this :ugh: waiting !

I was so angry and disappointed with EK lately...well actually i am... I have been waiting for the final approval and no one seems to care about the application then eventually had a word from LEITO:D and other mates on here:O to COOL me down :hmm: a bit.

The thing is am worried if ever there is a problem with the medicals or somemin' am i gonna get enough time to rectify them ! :hmm: There is no news at all from them.
Anyway as saying goes: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS
That is my biggest challenge: BEING PATIENT and i think that is the case for some of us as well.

Keep the channel Flowing...help us to survive
We're a team rite?

Rxlc
1st Sep 2007, 20:32
i think that in our case no news aint good news! we're not exactly in..nor out. im losing other job opportunities and even if i join..i feel like a veggie waiting for months until they remember bout my medicals. last time when i called..they had no bloddy idea about me, just that i simply wasnt on the travelling list for 31st aug!

EmiratesCCMad
1st Sep 2007, 21:30
Guys, I am in the same situation as you.

One of the key qualities required in Cabin Crew is patience. You need lots so just calm down, make the cocoa, and sit by the phone.
Most likely to phone Sun-Thu (dunno bout times)

In the end, if you get it, it's all worth it, it'll be happy days.

Just don't worry. Forget other job opps, FOR GOD'S SAKE ITS EMIRATES!YOU KNOW, EMIRATES!!!!

They have loads and loads of applicants to deal with, so depending on where in the pile you are its ...

If they wanted to dismiss you, they would most prob just let you know asap, but obv. they like you...(so to speak)

Also, they prob finding vacancies for you, finding available apparments, contacting UAE Immigration, Contacting HR,Find spaces and organising your training batchs, organising your rosters etc... They have a big job

They're testing your patience...

3njoy!

Good Luckies.

I have a dodgy feeling that I will get my call next week on erm... I think

I WANT A FACE CARD

omarr
1st Sep 2007, 21:32
Hi helfsich

Thanks for the reply.

Mate, your quote of AED 8,000 max was a bit lower than the figures which I have heard. Don't get me wrong, am not doubting or challenging you - that's why I asked, am trying to 'investigate' this whole thing - but yeah, definitely a bit lower...

Then again, as you said, you were not including per diems in this figure. But surely mate, if you do include per diems, wouldn't it push the figure up to the 10,000 region? Or at least the 9,000 mark??

Because to be honest bro, the line that suprised me the most is about you never - not even once - reaching 9,000 AED for a total (Grade II) monthly salary. Like I said, that definitely does not tally with what some peeps who are CC Grade II have told me. But maybe they have got their figures wrong, am gonna have to ask them again...

Oh well, aside from that and oddly enough, I do speak Japanese. Used to live there, so I hope I get lots of flights to Tokyo/Osaka and bags of yen!

Thanks again for the input, no bubbles burst (well just a little bit). Peace.

Omarr

helfsich
2nd Sep 2007, 09:43
Should have mentioned that this figure is the net pay - so after the deductions for Insurance, FACE card and telephone bills get taken out, this is what you have to spend at the malls each month :}

Fred100
2nd Sep 2007, 10:59
Hi guys,

I have been invited to a cabin crew recruitment day but unfortunately I am away and cannot cancel this. I was wondering what I should do as I tried to send an email back to ask if there were any other available dates but the email address doesn't work.

I really really want this job and will travel for the interview, but worried that they might not invite me to another one if I cant make the first one.

Can anyone help me please :-) x:ok:

CC23
2nd Sep 2007, 13:36
hey everyone

im currently living in Abu Dhabi (AUH) and working for Etihad, but i want to leave etihad and come join Emirates. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting hired with Emirates if i've only had 6 months flying experience? Should i go their directly and hand in my resume or wait for an open day? will i have to go through the entire recruitment day process all over again? when are emirates open days in Duabi?

could someone please help and send me a private message/email, i would be very greatful

many thanks

cc23 Xx

EkRavin
2nd Sep 2007, 13:53
:eek::eek::eek: What happened to you RX? That is really bad...man
What did they say about your case then. When u joining or what happened???

I have been calling them and emailing them and without any success they kept saying to me that no one had looked at my medicals for the time being. Hang on till this week or next week you will surely get an update and some other time they said well; someone gonna ring you..:(:(

Infact they just kept on playing round and round with me...and yeah forget about the email. I think they dont even bother to read or reply to them.:uhoh:

Guys...we know and understand that they are very busy ...but hey we do deserve a bit of attention as well because we are just in the dark and dont know what to do when new openings come up. :suspect:

Like R. i strongly agree. SAme for me over here...Am waiting for EK else i would have flew back to my old life...UK. Am waiting and dunno what's gonna happened or what to do. :ugh::ugh:

What happened if we get rejected for some unknown reason..ey? Anyway i still got 1 month infront of me. So i will try to cool down for the time being. This is the time that they need to get in touch with me.:rolleyes:

Someone's got to crack this down man. :cool:

EmiratesCCMad
2nd Sep 2007, 14:40
Ekravin:
Dont give up.

I understand they should atleast pay attention to their 'going to be' employees.
But as said before, loaads of applicants and etc to sort out. If they say, next week wait if not, ring up and nag them.
Still no call for me and its the Start of UAE business week today!

EKRAVIN: Wat stage you on?
Godforbid, they turn you down,they should give you a reason for turning you down etc:medicals,immigration,etc .

GOOD LUCK-IES TO EVERYBOOOOOOOODY!

P.S I just come back from Manchester airport, my aunt has just flown to MAN-DXB-ISB(Islamabad) on Emirates so she said she will ask CC some tips lol!!!
OMG: The que for checkin was so big, almost from end to the terminal to other. SOOO MANY PEOPLE, but my auntie did online checkin which svae 2 hours of queing!!

Remember: EK have 30,000 applicants so just...chill!

Fred100
2nd Sep 2007, 15:27
:p Hello :}

Does anyone have any contact details for Emirates i.e. email or phone number as I cannot attend the assesment day they have allocated and would like to see if they have any spaces on a different day...

Thanks

Leito
2nd Sep 2007, 15:43
www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com)

Apply on line, check out the open days and good luck, ahhhhhh and most important......

BE PATIENT FOR FU:mad:CK SAKE !!!!!

You start to sound rather boring with your constant complaints about them not calling you, STOP BEING SO SELFISH an look at the big picture, they have about 55 new people every single week, they must arange visas, accomodations tickets, training slots, ratio (male/female), etc, etc.

Sure its frustating but give them some room.

Sorry, I dont meant to offend anyone here and I've been in your shoes, I was told 8 weeks, by week number 10, I called and then they told me to call a week later, so I waited 11 weeks and I just waited and moved on with my life.

Please give it a rest and BE PATIENT !!!!

ikoysss
2nd Sep 2007, 16:06
its SUCKS to wait. I know the feeling. Good thing I only waited for 3 weeks. Keep yourself busy for the meantime!

Im really very interested in the lay-overs. Does anyone know the minimum and maximum lay-over time? The number of days? Hours perhaps?

EmiratesCCMad
2nd Sep 2007, 16:36
Fred100: Emiratesgroupcareers.com is your best shot.
Have you recieved an email invite, their should be contact details on there

Get an email whenever their is an openday in your area
Link:http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/Links/Vacancies/prefvacancies.asp#0

Help Form: http://dxbmiww99.emirates.com/RecOnlineHelpCentre/

Possible Solution: If you have any general inquiries about cabin crew please feel free to e-mail ([email protected])Need more help on this topic? Click here to Submit a new question (http://dxbmiww99.emirates.com/hrrecruit/form_cabin_crew.asp)
Fred, Just do a google, or have a good luck on that website.

Thanks

Leito, you just hit the nail right on the head.
Exactly, what I've been saying, I keep repeating myself!

They have so much jobs to do, *correction 80 people a week, they hire but now it is 160 as the A380 are to come into service!

Just chill, whats the point of being a CC when you can't even wait a matter of weeks.

*according to wiki

EmiratesCCMad
2nd Sep 2007, 16:40
Leito please answe my question:
When there is a EK flight, for instance, EK 017 why does it also say UL017?Whats UL? It always comes up with EK, is it a different name or... and it departs at the exactly same time at every airport???

helfsich
2nd Sep 2007, 18:21
EmiratesCCMad-
UL is the IATA code for SriLankan Airlines, who EK have a partnership with. Quite often for destinations SriLankan airlines are unable to fly to on a regular basis, for lack of equipment or other reasons, Emirates takes on the connecting passengers in Dubai.

Ikoysss -
The shortest layovers we have are Seychelles (16hr) , Mauritius (12 hr) and Colombo (14 hr). The longest are a 4 day Milan, 4 day Seychelles, 3 day Bangkok and 3 day Jakarta.

EmiratesCCMad
2nd Sep 2007, 18:44
Thanks
I knew EK, were partners with UL b'coz of Skywards letters etc, but I did a search and UL is SriLanka Airlines, thanks a lot helfsich!

How long is the UK layovers (man,bhx,lhr,ncstle)

Flay
3rd Sep 2007, 02:08
Hi everyone
I´m from argentina and I received the call so I´m leaving 19th october:), I´d like to know if there are more people going that date??, and i have some questions if there is someone living in Dubai, I want to know how much is a notebook, because i don´t know if it is better to buy here, in buenos aires it costs around $1.500 or $2000 UDS, or wait until arrive dubai.
good luck for everyone!!

ikoysss
3rd Sep 2007, 05:37
my my four days in milan would be a treat! hehe. Im hoping Sao Paolo and houston will also be a few days.

tsteddy2004
3rd Sep 2007, 05:38
Hi guys,

Good luck to you all who have applied / thinking to apply to EK.
I just got my tiekct and visa yesterday and will be leaving on Friday. I wouuld love to know if anyone will start on the 13th too?

please send me message if u are.
Have a nice day!
ed

rex1981
3rd Sep 2007, 07:57
hey all!

i've been reading some of the posts and want to congratulate everyone who landed the job!!!

did anyone attend the recruitment in melbourne in august?

rex

EkRavin
3rd Sep 2007, 08:29
AM COOL WITH THEM NOW !!!

I got your message safe & in peace :hmm:

Now in fact i got my call back and spoke to someone who is actually looking into my docs.

They said some of the docs got into their spam folder and must have been deleted !!! Send them again.

Fruit of patience always sweet & Sour at the same time = No taste
:8 :} ;)

People who have been waiting for some time now....good news is coming. Start checkin your mails and all. They seemed to be more organised than before now.

I did some maths as well about the approval timeframe. :hmm: :E
Look at this:
- Anyone submitting their medical has got a chance of getting the final approval within 1 week - LUCKY PPL who have got no issues !:D:D

- Those who do not hear within 1-2 wks got to expect their attention diverted to you 5 weeks before ur date of joining.
For e.g. 12-Oct my Joining date and expecting their call or email around the 4th Sept and in fact it was on 2nd Sept i got their update email. :bored::bored:

It is only an estimate and guide. I ran through couple of mates approval and worked that out. Eventually if u received it well before this timeframe, so EXCELLENT ! U just got in.

TILL THEN PATIENCE !!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Hope this helps.:ok:

naddy1983
3rd Sep 2007, 09:30
Hi EK Ravin

CONGRATULATIONS!! :D You can now start celebrating and making plans to go. I leave on 12th October too - see you there! Send me a message if you'd like to chat before on msn or facebook.

Nad

EkRavin
3rd Sep 2007, 10:40
Got my final approval :cool:

Yeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaa :ok: ;) :E
I just got the final approval. Everything's ready. We're ready to ROCKKKKKKKKKKK

I spoke to a very nice lady who said what i explained earlier 'SPAM FOLDER' and i sent them the missing docs and THERE YOU GO !!!:D:D

I GOT THE FINAL APPROVAL ON THE SAME DAY ITSELF.

Another good news for me is that i have been put on a PRIORITY LIST, i.e, if there is any EARLIER SLOT AVAILABLE I WILL JOIN IN BEFORE MY SCHEDULED JOINING DATE !!!

Awesome !!! Wicked stuff :ok:

D:EU:EB:EA:EI HERE I COME !!!
Good luck and Congrats to all of US:D:D

I hope to see you ppl over in DXB. Get in touch as soon as u touch the soil...SAND i should say !!! ;)

steegily
3rd Sep 2007, 17:34
I got my final approvals too!
(the number of colours are directly proportionate to how happy I am)

I didn't have to send them anything again - the email just suddenly appeared in my inbox after nearly five weeks wating.
Thank goodness that's over. :ok:

EkRavin
3rd Sep 2007, 18:32
Congrats again to you Stee... And to all of you who got through to the CALL and medical and eventually final approval.

Good stuff !!!
Anyone else joining the TROOP?

Now...let's get down to some serious bizness.

- What are we expected to bring in terms of Money and some other basic stuffs?
- Does anyone have got any recommendation or a kind of Pre-departure topic or help list !!!

Any info will be kindly accepted... Any suggestions...

EmiratesCCMad
3rd Sep 2007, 20:31
Oh my GOD, this is starting to get freaky.
I got my approval this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so chuffed. I think today must be their, 'let them know' day.

I woke up to check the time after dreaming of being at EK College (as I do every night) and thought to check my mail. It was just sat there,I was like OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At this moment in time, my adrenaline rush is so powerful, because this means the world to me!

I was so excitied to tell my family, when I closed my front door I trapped my finger in the door, its all swollen!:mad::{
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.
EK RAVIN- I'll meet you there. She said my start date was not yet determined as lots of applicants flying out
I started crying when I saw the mail!

Good Luck to everyone

Good question: How do I use up the 50kg allowance?

See you there pople:ok::ok::ok::ok:

EDIT: CONGRATS TO EKRAVIN AND STEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL HOPEFULL MEET YOU THERE, WE'LL ARRANGE SOMETHING, A PPRUNE PARTY!

charlie57
3rd Sep 2007, 21:15
Well done to everyone getting final approvals!
I'm just wondering if, when people were first sent the email detailing the contract and medicals, and then had to reply with there acceptance of the job,did Emirates then confirm that they had received your acceptance?
I mean, should I just assume that they got my email saying I've accepted the job and will get on with medicals??

I've almost finished my medicals and can't wait to get them sent off,can anyone recommend whether its best to email these or fax them??

steegily
3rd Sep 2007, 22:10
yeah, i got a confirmation email from them a couple of days after i sent the medicals. i sent them by email

SkyHighFlyGal
4th Sep 2007, 07:22
Muhhhahhhhaaawwww! I am still waiting for final approvals (and it seems I am the only one starting Oct 12 who still hasn't got them!) :{:confused::{:confused:

I tried calling them today but got the good old voicemail. Can anyone PM the number they called that actually goes through to a real person?

Seriously, I am not too worried about it, I am sure it will come, but there is alwasy that niggling doubt that something might be wrong with the medicals and that I will be told "NO". Gosh, that would throw a very large spanner into the works!

Rxlc
4th Sep 2007, 08:37
Hey guys..
i didnt get my final approval..in fact im still supposed to send some reports too (haemoglobin, hiv, chest, pap) ..BUT..guess whaaaat????????
When i got back from from laboratory today, to get my papers in english .... I GOT MY TICKETS!!!
so..anyone else who s leaving 14th sept?:}

Rxlc
4th Sep 2007, 08:40
SkyHighFlyGirl..u gotta call in the early morning. I spoke to them on Sunday. they were v allert n joyfull! So try around 10 am dubai time
good luck

Genevieve
4th Sep 2007, 09:36
Ohhh I am soo happy for all of you!!!

I wish I could join in on the celebration. I have not had word back from them regarding this conversational voice test they want me to do... Totally confused!! Tried calling this morning but the phone rings out or says that the message box is full...... I have emailed again today so hopefully they will email me back promptly...

very frustrating!!

Congradulations though guys :D

charlie57
4th Sep 2007, 11:23
Thanks for the reply Steegily.I'm actually worried that they didn't get my email when I sent my acceptance of the job/the signed contract back to them.When you sent this did you get a confirmation email??

Rxlc- that is soo lucky,didn't even need to worry about the medicals!Not long till you go now!

steegily
4th Sep 2007, 13:25
Hey Charlie,

When I got the offer of employment email, I simply replied to say that I'd be accepting it - I didn't get a confirmation at this stage.

I sent along the signature page of the contract with my medical results 2 weeks later - I got a confirmation of this after 2 days.

Hope this helps and stop worrying, you'll be fine

redmond071686
4th Sep 2007, 15:40
hello rxlc. congratulations to you! although im quite confused with what happened to you and i hope you dont mind explaining it better...i was wondering about the medical tests that u werent able to submit...u said u weren't able to submit them but still, u got ur tickets? so even if the medical requirements are incomplete, they can still issue applicants with tickets? i hope you can clear it out for me...thanks and congratulations to you and everyone again...

Rxlc
4th Sep 2007, 20:01
Over a month ago...I sent the files ek gave me, stamped n filled in by all my doctors... I didnt send the reports because they were in romanian (im romanian) and i thought it wouldnt be necessary (it costs quite a lot n i was broke after medicals, to translate and legalise at that time). In the email i attached the medicals, i told them to let me know if they needed anything else. I got a reply after 4 days saying they d look n tell me.
So i waited n waited...n waited... then i emailed-no answer; call-"ull get an email tomorrow morning"--> next morning 0 email. one week later (this sunday) i called again, same day they told me what to send (chest report, haemoglobin, hiv, pap test). Today ive got the translated reports (those from laboratory) signed n stamped... coming home ready to send everything... so mom s told me i got an envelop 30 mins ago. hehe thats the story, in detail

Expect the unexpected!:cool:

EmiratesCCMad
4th Sep 2007, 20:06
RX- I agree, the medicals are knackering and quite expensive- not if you have a few bob left in the bank!

Do you know your leave date?

Thanks

Rxlc
4th Sep 2007, 20:30
14th sept-travelling date ,

EmiratesCCMad
4th Sep 2007, 20:34
eek>>my parents back from DXB on Ek on 14th!!

My date not specified yet, so we can't be in the same training batch :(

redmond071686
5th Sep 2007, 08:35
wow thats great to hear rxlc! thanks for explaining it to me..as for me i have submitted my medical results about 3weeks ago and i still have not heard from emirates. m not THAT worried though since the results were okay as approved by the doctors. but its hard to feel really confident about it and i think everyone feels the same way especially when ur not doing anything but WAITING...hahaha! i hope i get it soon.

congratulations!

charlie57
5th Sep 2007, 09:30
Thanks Steegily.I didn't think they would send me a reply when they got my email,but my parents are stressing me out telling me to send it again so thought I'd check on here before I did anything else.Can't wait to get my final offer so then my parents stop hassling me lol.

I heard that when flying, Emirates try not to put you on a flight to your home destination within your first 6 months.Does anyone know if this is true?Also,if it is,does this include to other destinations in your home country and not just your home airport?
Only ask because people keep asking me when I'll be home (Even though I've not even left yet!)

gadgetman
5th Sep 2007, 10:11
You'll get stacks of flights back to your home destination, especially if they require a specific language speaker for that route. if you're from the UK there is no chance that you could manage six months without visiting old Blighty at least once. If you bid for those flights you'llget more than you can handle.

In any case, most new crew get assigned leave within a couple of months of flying,and as they don't qualify for the discounted fares yet, they have to use their annual leave ticket, which is straight back to your home town (well, nearest international airport).

Flay
5th Sep 2007, 10:34
Hi!
tks all the people who reply to my questions!
i want to ask for an advise, because I´m worried, i received the phone call last tuesday to trevel 19th october and it has been a week since then, and i haven´t received the medicals email yet, the woman who called me said if in 4 days i didn´t receive the mail i should comunicate with them, i sent an email and left a message on phone because nobody answer me on monday and i am still waiting that mail. It is normal?? i should wait o call them again??
bye

ikoysss
5th Sep 2007, 10:44
Does anyone know the duration of the layovers in the upcoming Sao Paolo and Houston routes?

EmiratesCCMad
5th Sep 2007, 15:44
Hey Ikoss
I think this was posted before.

What are the layovers in:
Manchester,ISB,Karachi,JFK?

jam8080
5th Sep 2007, 19:11
Anyone go to the interviews in London last week?

bikki
5th Sep 2007, 19:48
helloooo-i have attended Open Day on June 10th, and i`m leaving on Sept 14th also...i must admit my expirience with CCR admins was pretty cool-phone call in 2 weeks from final interview, medicals email in another 2 weeks, then i went on a vacation...the day after i came back my final approval email came -so i resigned my job, and now awaiting on visa and e-ticket... that should be in around Sept 10th :D
i`m sooo happyhappy :ok:

Rxlc
5th Sep 2007, 21:04
Yesterday i got the tickets by fedex with 14 sept on them. i sent after the required reports and today ive got 2 bomb emails: 1st stating that one report s missing (chest x-ray report). 2nd that BY MY REQUEST my travel date was changed n that 28 sept s the last time they change my travel date!
Im quite shocked!:(
As far as i know i didnt ask for any change on 21st aug, 31st aug or 14 sept. I spent my whole summer around the pc and now this.
About the reports..i asked them a month ago to tell me if everything s ok...no news..just that they d let me know. My doc said that the EKG n the xray file where s written that my heart n lung are ok..would be enough. More over, he signed all those files they sent me n there were lots of q to be filled in bout chest.
I cannot believe this s happening to me...:{
It wasnt necessary to have my date changed..i can get a report tomorrow morning. :{:{:{
What shall i do?:confused:

blokker
5th Sep 2007, 22:39
:ok:congratulation.........last week was my psycho and personal interview....how long it wil take before i will hear more from ek and :ok:what will be the next step???

sleepy740
6th Sep 2007, 07:52
hey guys!

i just got my call, saying that my start date is 14 december!!!
i have to finish my medicals first, of course!
im so excited...

by the way, i had my interview on 20 august, in dubai...
so if anyone wants some info on the dxb process, just pm me

:)

MissSmith
6th Sep 2007, 09:26
A question for all... actually maybe just the female cabin crew! hehe When you arrive in Dubai and have to go through all the medicals again..... does Emirates conduct pap smears even for those who didn't have to have one on the initial medical?

Cheers!! :p

Rxlc
6th Sep 2007, 10:10
i dont think we have to take any pap tst in dxb. blood, urine, general check, teeth..thats all i guess.

Rxlc
6th Sep 2007, 19:44
finally clear..im leaving 14th. got the final approval too

EmiratesCCMad
6th Sep 2007, 19:48
rx:
Are you talking bout 'sleepy', hes flyout date is in Dec, are'nt you in Sep??

SORRY IF I AM WRONG :)

Arta
6th Sep 2007, 20:25
CCMad-Hi you there, can you give your email adress i have not a lot but still a questions to ask, you just seemed verry smart and stuff so...

pls ;) :O

frame
6th Sep 2007, 22:33
G'day everyone!!

Just checking in to see if anyone from Toronto is going to the Emirates open day!

I just wanted to share my experience with anyone who is thinking of going and what I might be able to help them with.

I recently just went through the Etihad assessment day and got through to the second round. We all had a turn at talking about a topic they handed to us.

I stood up and noticed that my suit pants were crazy wrinkly due not getting them dry cleaned. I noticed that they noticed as well. Hence to say I think that was the reason why I didn't get selected. It was a real eye opener as to paying attention to every detail. EVERY DETAIL. The recruiters were watching our every move from eating lunch to your mannerisms. I suggest that anyone going to the open day in Toronto dress immaculately. Girls and guys: Groom yourself the same way as Emirates CC do. Ultimately........ be yourself. I am ex Australian CC and I have been out of the game for 2 years due to unforeseen circumstances. I look back now on how I did so well on the day then. I acted as myself, enjoyed the company and was totally relaxed. I just want to give some insight to anyone (not just in Toronto) that will be attending an assessment day. I understand that Etihad is a different company, but I do feel that they share the same values.

That being said, I had a question of my own, and would appreciate it if someone could give some info.

A) I am a male.
B) Have a tattoo on my forearm.

Should I be worried as to both of these points?
I understand that it only matters if it is visible whilst in uniform, but I have done research and I can't find if males wear short sleeved shirts or long sleeved with their suit jackets. I noticed that tattoos and piercings are illegal in UAE. My tattoo is pretty big!

Agggghhhh

Help!

I wish good luck to anyone going for any assessment day!! It is a fantastic career.

Enjoy everyone!!!!!

sleepy740
7th Sep 2007, 03:37
tatoos or piercings are not illegal, i dont know where you heard that.
and i am a guy, and was selected, so its not impossible.
on most flights, the guy to gal ratio is anywhere from 4/12 +, so its not uncommon for males to make it at all.

dont say anything about your tat, just make sure its covered.
the male CC on EK where suit jackets and long sleeved shirts.

DXBD
7th Sep 2007, 10:39
Manchester and New York layovers are 24 hours, ISB and KHI are turnarounds, so no layovers

EmiratesCCMad
7th Sep 2007, 15:44
Hey
DXBD:Thanks so much for your reply, I was not expecting it as it got buried and no one reply. Really, thanks a lot!

Arta:Thanks to you aswell, I really can't give you my mail address as I am getting loads of spam and can't change or get new one as all EK mails going directly to that one.

What you can do is PM me (click on my name and send Private Message) and ask me the q's.

If it is urgent, I can give you my work email addy!

Thanks all!

carlalooh
8th Sep 2007, 03:36
Hi! I applied online end of August, may I know how many weeks I shall wait before I receive an email of an invite (or maybe a rejection?)

Help pls.

MissSmith
8th Sep 2007, 09:47
Hi all just wondering with the photos we take to dubai what are the 4 they require? business shots or casual? they ask for 20 passport and 4 other photos but do not specify what exactly the 4 are.

any help with this is greatly appreciated!! thank you!!

Miss Smith! ;)

Rxlc
8th Sep 2007, 09:59
same as the other 20..just that u got them 1 cm shorter.
the 4 photogragraphs gotta be 3 x 3.5
same attire: business, smiling, hair back

bikki
8th Sep 2007, 13:17
HEY PPL!
can anyone help with info about starting to train with Emirates?
im traveling on Sept 14th, my training starts on 20th.
1.dress code? do we get uniforms? i saw trainees wearing somekind of jumpsuits on youtube video... and what about the shoes? i dont really feel like buying some here, especially when i dont know if those r gonna be suitable enough ...(my usual dress code is veryvery casual)
money? can anyone pls give the aprox amount of money we should bring to manage to pull trough that first month...no shopping or going wild, just basical expenses for food and so...
thanks in advance:ok:

ikoysss
8th Sep 2007, 13:36
How much money should we bring? Us new recruits..

EmiratesCCMad
8th Sep 2007, 13:42
Im taking £1000 or 2, but I am going to bank it for emergencies. I know I won't need it,will I?

Can any current cc give us a guideline so I wont have to carry such a burden!

Im finishing off all my *small* debts and Credit Cards :hehe:

I sold me house, but my parents still have their's so :}

Rxlc
8th Sep 2007, 16:08
im taking 300e. all whats left on my credit card. n i intend to buy some cosmetics from frankfurt duty free.
heard they give us 200$ when we arrive as a gift, and then 2500 dirhams: 2000 dirhams will be deducted from our 1st salary, 500 dirhams gift to buy stuff for the house.

EmiratesCCMad
8th Sep 2007, 16:41
In that case, I will only take £500gbp!
Nice of Ek, apart from the 2000 deduction:mad:

Thank God there is no Duty Free restriction on chocolates.
Im going to buy loooooads of them, but if they melt then I will be very cross.
I ain't going to touch their 2000dhs, just save it lol!
Total We Get:
(2500dhs+200$)
Rougly £433 from EK
BUT...
£268 deducted from salary!!!

frame
8th Sep 2007, 18:23
Thanks for the info mate!!
Looking forward to hopefully joining the team!!!

redmond071686
8th Sep 2007, 18:44
hey guys! is it really true that apart from the 2500 AED that emirates will give us, wherein the 2000 will be deducted from our salary and the 500 will be a gift from them, they will also give us another 200$? what's the 200$ for?

EmiratesCCMad
8th Sep 2007, 19:00
I have also heard that.
Dont know if it is true or rumout but to what I and RXLC have heard:
You will get 200$ when you arrive their just to like settle in and the 2500dhs later on...i think.

Any EK CC would like to make corrections,feel free:ok:

gadgetman
8th Sep 2007, 19:07
You want to be a bit careful - the cash they give you initially (2500dhs? I'm a little out of date) is deducted from your first couple of paychecks, so its a few months before you get a real pay, including flying pay, which is a fair percentage.

The banks in DXB love to dish out credit cards the day you arrive, and lots of crew find themselves spending a lot more than their initial income, and then caught paying off their credit cards forever afterwards.
There is a ton of stuff you have to buy setting up in a new country, and a ton of good reasons to spend too much in the bars (training college will do that to you).
Work out how much you think you'll need to bring with you, then double it.

EmiratesCCMad
8th Sep 2007, 19:19
Excellent Advice,gadgetman!
I love this sentence: Work out how much you think you'll need to bring with you, then double it.
HeHe!

It's all good for me, because I can't go in the bars and drink away all night. Im Muslim so I can just have a quiet night at the restaurant or Burger King!

lvaxf
8th Sep 2007, 22:52
i can't remember exactly how much we got, but yes it was deducted in 3 months. plus we get paid the flying hours at the end of the next month, , so at the end of your first flying month, you get yoour basic, and on your second month you get the first months' hours (follow me? sorry, too tired and it's how words are coming out!)
anyway, bring yourself some cash to buy the essentials for the first few days and the (plenty of) taxis wich you'll be taking!
oh, and not to mention the food deliveries... hehehe

ikoysss
9th Sep 2007, 06:40
Awww man credit cards... I've been trying to stay away from those LOL. But i guess every cabin crew needs it. With the traveling and all.

SkyHighFlyGal
9th Sep 2007, 07:41
I'm really struggling to squeeze everything I own into 50kg - does anyone know if we can use EK airfreight at a discounted rate to bring extra stuff with us?

haya55
9th Sep 2007, 08:41
Hello Everybody,

If there is anyone out there who is attending the Open Day in Auckland, New Zealand on the 16th Septemeber, Please make contact with me! Im keen to chat about it.

lvaxf
9th Sep 2007, 10:56
hey SkyHighFlyGal (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=180340) how much stuff are you bringing??? hehehe 50 kg is a lot! i remember when i joined i barely brought 20-25kg
which part of oz are u from? i'm sure u can bring the essentials for the first few months and when u start flying home u can bring more stuff with you

EmiratesCCMad
9th Sep 2007, 17:02
haya55: pb138 is going to the AUC, on Sep 16th. He sent me a pm asking for help and I sent a maaaaasive email with info!:ouch:

EmiratesCCMad
9th Sep 2007, 17:08
Lol,SHFG, Just weighed up my bags, totalling a mere 28.3kg!
Must buy more chocos!

Im just bringing essentials like deodrants etc,cosmetic (for males),shaving sets,digital photo frame,lots of Manchester United boxers :), and erm...more chocolates. plus clothes.
I
f you live in UK, watch BidUpTv on sky, buying lots of cheap things to take! www.bid.tv /speedauction.tv/pricedrop.tv ! Within 7 days delivery.

Any ideas on what watches are good for flights etc. I want the EK World Time one, its mint! (Source:Duty Free Book)

Also,Dont forget to take lots of family pics and set up a facebook account and join the Emirates Facebook group and dxbcrew.com and what2do4crew.com .

P.S! Just sold my car on Ebay Motors! More money to spend in dxb!

FlyRules
9th Sep 2007, 20:23
Hey guys,

Anyone joining on sep 14th? When are we supposed to receive the e-tickets, final briefing and UAE visa? :\

FlyRules:ok:

lindsay25
10th Sep 2007, 03:20
I dont actually understand the big deal of touching alcohol, when physically you dont touch it. You are just handling the bottle it is in, at the end of the day emirates is a very multi national carrier, and comprimises need to be made to deliver the best customer service. Policies and religion are rigid and flexibility to some extent is a big assett to being a flight attendant. Its like a catholic serving a muslim meal no big deal.

ikoysss
10th Sep 2007, 07:26
You're supposed to get it 4 days before your departure date. Uhm thats actually today :yuk:

charlie57
10th Sep 2007, 11:04
Hey guys,

I faxed my medicals over to Dubai last Thursday,does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to send an email to say they received my fax??I just want to make sure they've got it!

Highsky24
10th Sep 2007, 13:21
Hey Everyone, Just recieved my final approval after my meds, im leaving on 5th October......is anyone else starting then??:D

Charlie57 - I never recieved an email till about a week and a half after i sent mine, i called them about a week after i sent them to check they got them and they said they had and then sent me an email a day or so after saying they got them and that i would hear from them soon......4 days later they sent the final approval email.

sleepy740
10th Sep 2007, 15:14
hey guys!

just a quick question, i got my phone call last week saying that i had passed the interview process, and i would be receiving my medical and contract information shortly.
so do they email you all that stuff, or do they mail it by fedEX or something like that?

thanks

:)

Genevieve
10th Sep 2007, 16:11
I am meant to be leaving the 5th of Oct.... just waiting on my final approval ...

EmiratesCCMad
10th Sep 2007, 16:24
Yeah, FlyRules, ikoysss is right, hopefully you should get all today.
Im so excited for you lol! although, I have just been through the whole proccess.:ok:

"Lindsay25:I dont actually understand the big deal of touching alcohol, when physically you dont touch it. You are just handling the bottle it is in, at the end of the day emirates is a very multi national carrier, and comprimises need to be made to deliver the best customer service. Policies and religion are rigid and flexibility to some extent is a big assett to being a flight attendant. Its like a catholic serving a muslim meal no big deal.[/quote]

Thanks for your comments. It's not such a big deal for me, its just I'm Muslim, and I have been taught not to deal alcohol blah blah, but I don't mind serving it. I guess for some things you just have to compromise. Emirates, acknowledge this as on Open Day they mentioned that anyone who is Muslim and is not "conformtable" or likewise, tick No. Therefore I did, and was honest. I am flexible, I am willing to give up anything as I and the rest of us are giving up our 'lives' basically, home country,families,lifestyle etc. You get what I mean? This job meant and still means lots to me, and I want to spend my whole career with EK! Thanks anyways.

J

EmiratesCCMad
10th Sep 2007, 16:28
sleepy: I am not 100% sure but they emailed it to me. Etickets will be emailed with visa etc

A few ppl leaving on 5 Oct. Maybe I should change mine so we can be in same batch as it's always good to meet someone who we kinda know!

Eek, by the minute its gets more exciting

EkRavin
10th Sep 2007, 16:54
when r u starting CCEmirates?

A general question to anyone: What is the type of visa or travelling docs we as Cabin Crew have while travelling. I mean any kind of special visa for CC ?

I understand that we have a work permit/visa for 3 yrs? How about entering and leaving the rest of the countries we gonna be travelling?

Could be stupid question for some! Just curious. :rolleyes:

EmiratesCCMad
10th Sep 2007, 17:40
ek ravin: As of yet, I was just told October is the start month, and she(recruitment officer) mentioned that no specific date has been specified, for x reason??
So I think that I will call up and tell them that I want 5 oct. When your flyout date?

I am thinking the same q. as you... what visa/permit do we carry as CC? and like CC (ek) travel round the world,would you need specific visas?

Thanks
Da-did-um!

(**P.S: Just to solve some confusion from this site and CC.COM, I,ccmad on pprune, have an account on cc.com but used by my cousin so dont get me confused with 'mahn' there! Lol, my cousin wants Ek badly! *I sense jealousy**)

Visit my site at emirates.b1.jcink.com

FlyRules
10th Sep 2007, 17:53
EmiratesCCMAd/ikoysss,

I recieved an email from EK this morning saying that my start date was changed from the 14th to the 28th `cause of the UAE visa was not issued yet. So I decided to call them and by the time they picked up the phone my visa had arrived!

The problem right now is that they are not able to confirm my e-ticket and I have to wait until tomorrow to see if they can somehow book me to JFK on thursday...:\ If unable to confirm, they`ll have me flying out to DXB on the 20th (which is much better than the 28th!!!)

Will keep you posted!

FlyRules

sleepy740
10th Sep 2007, 18:02
EmiratesCCMad:

thank you, hope they email me soon!
i want to get everything done asap

EmiratesCCMad
10th Sep 2007, 18:11
Flyrules n Sleepy: Thanks
Flyrules: I think that wat happened to me about visa nd eticket confirmation! WE SHOLD BE ON THE VIP LIST, NOT THE "CASUAL PAX" AGENDA!

ikoysss
10th Sep 2007, 18:41
Im leaving on the 5th of OCT as well :8

EmiratesCCMad
10th Sep 2007, 18:45
FINE!
I will try to persuade the nice lady @ Rec. to put me on 5th as many of u guys r going!

Waheeey!

EmiratesCCMad
10th Sep 2007, 19:25
If you have facebook> copy url into address box
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=4584516417&topic=3184

Its ex-crew describing their stay with EK, and most says it was rubbish or "life sentence".
Well, as they say, its not for everyone!

My life sentence began May 1998 and ended July 2006......

You gotta read the messages lol

SkyHighFlyGal
10th Sep 2007, 21:25
Hi again - well, I have just got Final Approvals after a number of unanswered phone calls, but I am relieved to say the least!

Anyone coming with me on the 12th of October??

Cheers

redmond071686
11th Sep 2007, 09:24
hi everyone! just got my final approval (the one after the medicals). God, i waited for almost a month. but its all worth it! I'm leaving on Oct 26 and will begin training on Nov.1! i'll see you guys soon! congratulations again to all of you!

sleepy740
11th Sep 2007, 12:15
yay!
just got my email with the medicals and contract!
hope this doesnt take to long to do...:eek:

Rxlc
11th Sep 2007, 12:30
anyone else leaving 14th sept? i got the visa yesterday..have to pack n take the pics..damn.
see u all in dxb!

redmond071686
11th Sep 2007, 12:37
hello rxlc. goodluck with your training and happy trip!

laguna23
11th Sep 2007, 13:43
Does anyone know of any person that got rejected after sending in their medical report? Just curious because I havnt heard anything like that.

DemWingz
11th Sep 2007, 15:53
Ok..soooo
There's an Open day in Toronto Canada, this weekend, on Sept. 15th. Is neone else going? I live in New York, and I'm definitely having issues with my transportation there and back. I've been wanting to interview with Emirates for the longest!! This is my chance, however, if i'm not able to make it this time:sad:, does anyone know how often Emirates recruits??

help please!

DW

sleepy740
11th Sep 2007, 16:10
is this just the basic economy CC?

I am pleased to offer you employment with Emirates as Steward II...

thanks

redmond071686
11th Sep 2007, 17:09
hey laguna23. the operations manager of the agency that i applied with to join the emirates assessment told me that there were some who applied and got through to the medicals but unfortunately didnt make it because there were findings that were unacceptable (diseases, STD and what have you).

also, I do know of applicants who had there Date of Joining moved because of some problems with their medical. they were given a second chance but they will have to take medication for about a couple of months or so and have their medicals retaken and see if they will pass.

but if ur medical results are okay, m sure u will reciv ur final approval soon. m sure u looked at your own results and if the tests done to you showed you dont have any diseases or anything, everything will be fine.

me, i waited for almost a month after submitting my results.

if you like, they welcome inquiries regarding the processing of our documents. so maybe u can email or call them or something.i hope u get ur email soon. goodluck!

EkRavin
11th Sep 2007, 19:19
Am leaving on the 12 OCT same batch as SKYGAL !

I got exactly 1 month, they've put me in a priority list if ever a slot becomes free for some reason cos am like free to travel or join at anytime.

Done all my necessary vaccinations even the 2nd doses as well.

Am all clear just waiting for the ticket

sundaybrunch
12th Sep 2007, 06:08
sigh i got booted out of today's assessment day again, at the very first round. i just dont get it. what went wrong? or is it simply because i do not have the ek face? big eyes, sharp features yadda yadda.. :ugh:

Melisa
12th Sep 2007, 11:53
Sundaybrunch: Don't give up!! it took me 4 times with Emirates until I finally got through! The first 3 times I didn't even pass the first round!! But over time waiting in between I gained more work experience behind me, bought a nicer suit and the 4th open day eventually had nice recruiters who also used to work for the same airline as I am currently in. (well just finished/resigned today). Also because I had been to so many cabin crew interviews, I was much more relaxed and very well prepared, and thats when I was successful. So if its in your heart and its what you really want to do....DON'T GIVE UP and KEEP ON TRYING TILL YOU GET IN!

Anyone flying out on Sept 28 and training on 4th Oct?? I still haven't met anyone from my training batch... :(

2 weeks to go, yiiihhaaa! :) I'm soooo having trouble reducing my belongings to 50kg!!!

chocco
12th Sep 2007, 12:42
Hey all,

Just a quick question really regarding the photos you have to upload when completeing the online application. What type of photo is the best to be uploaded. I have taken a photo in business attire and in the back garden. Will this be appropriate for the full size photo they request?

sleepy740
12th Sep 2007, 13:29
chocco

they request professional shots.
for the online app, do one full body shot head to toe (plain sky blue background)
and one passport picture (shoulders to top of head).
both pictures should be in business atire (suit and tie, or whatever girls wear!).

spend the extra $20, and do it right the first time!

FlyRules
12th Sep 2007, 14:50
Melisa,

I have been moved from sept 14th to sept 28th, so I guess you are not alone now:). My visa arrived late and they were not able to book me eairlier.

sundaybrunch
12th Sep 2007, 15:38
Thanks Melisa!! You are so lucky to be able to join EK. All the best for your training!!

EmiratesCCMad
12th Sep 2007, 15:53
Sundaybrunch:
All this advice is true. People try year after year and finally got it.
I know quite a few people who tried 3/4/5/6 times to get in and they eventually got it.
As I say, if you get the 'no', it gives you the time to prepare your next suit and get some more work exp. also help your nerves to relax.

Most importantly, you have more knowledge and can backtrack where you went wrong and furthermore you know what to expect and can be un-nervous and calm.

Hope it helps.

I got Oct 12. Anyone?
P.S: Did anyone get asked about refrences? I did'nt, is this same with you guys or will they do it later?

chocco
13th Sep 2007, 00:08
Hey,

Thanks for that, however I've already taken the full body shot in business attire in my back garden on the green lawn and attached it to the application!! lol

The head and shoulders shot was taken against a plain background though.

Oh well we'll see what happens ;)

sleepy740
13th Sep 2007, 04:01
you can always update your application with new pics, and replace the old ones?
you should...

Highsky24
13th Sep 2007, 08:56
Hi Chocco,

Dont worry about your pics that you have submitted for your online application, mine were very casual shots which is all you need for your online application, you only need the proffessional shots taken when you get through to the final interview stage.....Good Luck:)

EkRavin
13th Sep 2007, 14:59
Couple of questions here? Anyone can help be grateful

1. Clothing?
Are we given our full uniform to wear from the first week of training at the college or are we supposed to bring enough clothing of our own that we can wear during the training(of course business attire)?

2. What is the minimum amount of money that we can bring to be able to survive till we get some money off EK?
I mean dont wanna bring the whole bank balance cos am going to spend it all, as am a heavy spender!!!

thx

smashley1985
14th Sep 2007, 05:05
Hi everyone.

Just want some opinions as to whether I am wasting my time going to the open day in a couple of days.

Basically I'm worried about my skin. I have had a bad case of acne this year and am getting over it now thanks to a dermatologist and some rather strong pills (Isotane 20). It has improved drastically, but I've still got some red spots. I haven't got any whiteheads or blackheads, but I have some scarring. I also have a burn under my chin which I got when was a baby. If it makes any difference, I'm a 22yo guy.

I know y'all are thinking I sound like a hot mess right now! Besides all of the above, I've been told not to worry about it because I'm a good looking guy - though I'm not sure how much that has to do with the price of fish.

Anyways, I have a really strong customer service background (very high-class retail and front-line for a forgien goverment office). I've also got a good university degree behind me. I think, judging by what I've read on this forum, that I've got what it takes to make it with Emirates, but I'm thinking it mightn't become a reality due to my skin... I don't want to walk in there and know when I look at the recruiters that they be thinking, "What is this boy trying to prove coming up in here with his face lookin' a mess like that?!"

Anyway, if someone can please let me know what they think I'd really appreciate it! I just went and bought a new suit and shoes for the open day I'm that excited! I really want to get this position!

MissSmith
14th Sep 2007, 05:16
Hello to all!

I am currently waiting on final approval with emriates and just wondering if current crew would be able to answer a couple of questions for me......

1. does emirates set crew up with bank accounts in dubai? i ask because i have a mortgage i am paying in OZ and will have to top it up with Emirates pay to continue payments. just wanting a heads up to prepare so it is not a mad rush if i get the final yes.

2. what do i need for my security check or do i get that done myself here in oz by local police station. Again just want to have everything ready in case they need previous addresses over 5 or 10 years etc etc.

thank you so much for any information in relation to my queries! i really appreciate it!

;)

MissSmith
14th Sep 2007, 05:24
Hi all i have just sent medicals off and waiting on final approval.

Just wondering though, does emirates set crew up with bank accounts in dubai for their pay to go in OR do they deposited into our accounts back in our home town? i only ask as i have a mortgage and have to get in place ways to top up payments if i am going to have a dubai account.

One other question.. do we need information to take with us for police and security check... eg.. 5years of previous home addresses, bills, statements etc? just want to get all this info ready if we do OR do we just get local police station to do a check?

Thank you all for your info with this!! Greatly appreciate it!!

;)

FlyRules
14th Sep 2007, 16:57
Anyone else having issues with their EUA visa being delayed? Apparently because my visa did not arrived on time I was moved from Sept 14 to the 27th (I got my final approval july 17th!).

With the Ramadan and Rosh Hashanah going on in the middle east, all flights from America are packed and the chances of joining earlier are pretty low:{. Visa finally arrived but I am still waiting on my ticket... :\

cp8
15th Sep 2007, 04:59
anyone leaving on the 21st of September?:)

MissSmith
15th Sep 2007, 05:20
Hi to all current flying crew!

will emirates set up new crew with bank accounts in dubai or does pay go into our accounts back in our home town?

cheers :ok:

pennylane
15th Sep 2007, 23:00
Hi guys,
I was hoping for some advice? I just attended an Open Day and sadly, did not make it past the first stage. Despite reading these forums, speaking to several friends who work for the company, preparing with great photos, updated customer service focused resume, and being attentive and polite, I did not get the call.

I'm disappointed of course, but not angry. With a recruitment process like that - and I understand why they have to do it that way with soooo many applicants - of course they are going to overlook excellent applicants. And whilst I don't believe that overall - EK are looking for a 'type', its very possible that on my day, they were looking for qualities, experience, attributes that I was low on. I also think the fact that I am a recent uni graduate with only casual work experience - no full time experience...may have worked against me?

But anyway, my question is: I plan to enjoy my time here as much as possible for the next 6 months. Approach all that I do with resilience and enthusiasm, but how do I best use the 6 months to prepare for the next Open Day? What kind of work experience should I get? Is full time good? Should I work on my grooming and deportment? Is work experience a good idea?

If anyone has ANY ideas, I would be extremely grateful!!!

Many thanks,
and best wishes to those who did get through of course!!!

Newnz
16th Sep 2007, 15:14
Hi there,
I've been with Ek for one year this month - what a year, I don't know where it's gone! Regarding bank accounts, when I joined basically what happened was that 'bankers' from various banks would 'stalk us' with forms and various offers. You'll find that most banks offer 'good deals' to crew, especially with credit cards as we are notorious spenders! (I had 3 at one point all from the same bank but have since cancelled two which I never used, and the other one is automatically paid off each time I am paid. I'd strongly recommend new joiners to do the same as many get into huge debt traps!). By the way the interest rates advertised are often per month as opposed to per annum so don't be fooled by that 2% interest rate!! Ek advise you a little on which banks are reputable - I'm with HSBC and have had no probs, however I've heard that a lot of people have (never getting statements, etc). It's not an option to have an account in your home country for your salary to be deposited into. International transfers are available though thru James Cook I believe. I would advise bringing over around 1000 dhs (around $350Au I think/$400nz) to tie you over until you get the money from Ek - I think you get this in the first week from memory. I lived in a hotel for the first 5 weeks when I arrived but I believe there's lots of new accomodation now so this probably wont be the case for new joiners. Hope this helps a lil bit - c ya'all soon ;);)

EmiratesCCMad
16th Sep 2007, 17:02
Hey There,
I would like to pass a message on to "Wanabees" here...
If you want to ask a question or are curious, please search before posting...
I just did a search and found 6 pages of Emirates Cabin Crew recent threads.Link:http://www.pprune.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1855623
Check the 8 pages, ideally go for the 20+ posts but there are loooads of questions with answers.
Or search the archive;Click Here To Search PPRUNE Entire Archive on Emirates Cabin Crew (http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&client=pub-3973374654665817&cof=FORID%3A1%3BGL%3A1%3BLBGC%3ACCE5F9%3BBGC%3A%2399ccff%3BT %3A%23336699%3BLC%3A%23440066%3BVLC%3A%23d03500%3BGALT%3A%23 9A2C06%3BGFNT%3A%23223472%3BGIMP%3A%23223472%3BDIV%3A%2333FF FF%3B&domains=pprune.org&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=emirates&btnG=Search&sitesearch=pprune.org)
My best pick, 90+ pages:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146913 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146913)

Its really helpful,trust me.
Yawn...26 days till I move to my new home...Dubai.

chocco
16th Sep 2007, 21:40
Hey all,

Just a quick question, how long is it on average before you get a response after submitting your online application, regarding if you're successful and whether to come to the assessment day?

Thanks

MissSmith
17th Sep 2007, 00:35
Thanks so much for the excellent information Newnz.... i really appreciate you answering it for me! You rock!! :ok:

mother hen
17th Sep 2007, 08:58
Hi there, you said you've now been at EK a year, well you must have started about the same time as my daughter? She has been there a year also, left 8th Sep, last year. I also can't believe how quickly that year has passed!

She was also in an hotel for the first few weeks, then moved into ****. She really loves it in Dubai now, but it did take her several months to get used to it.

So, to all you who are getting ready to fly to Dubai or are waiting for replies, good luck. But don't expect everything to be perfect right away. Alot of people get home sick, and as I said, it can take a while to settle in, but be patient, stick it out. you must try and give it at least 6 months to 1 year! If you don't like it after 1 year then you are never going to like it. I know if my daughter had been a quitter she would have been home by now, and would have missed out on all the wonderful opportunities she now has.

As I mentioned, she absolutely loves it there now and is certainly NOT ready to come home, he he.

Good luck to you all, and I hope your time at EK is a very happy one.

Best wishes,
mother hen.

FlyRules
17th Sep 2007, 13:03
Mother Hen,

Thank you for all your messages. Very sweet.

mother hen
17th Sep 2007, 13:28
Congratulations FlyRules, well done on getting the job with EK.

Not long now for you, you must be excited? And I know just how your family are feeling. But they will be surprised just how many times you will be able to go back to see them!

It was 3 months before I got to see my daughter, but after that she was home loads. In fact one time, twice in one week! She managed to swap quite a few of her flights. That's how I know she's more settled now, cus she doesn't need to come home so often..........do busy having a good time in Dubai! ha ha. And what with the internet now, you are always in touch.

Good luck once more, and I hope all goes well for you.

Best wishes,
mother hen.

MrDerek
17th Sep 2007, 15:23
Glad to see you made it through FlyRules....

As someone also slightly older I was worried EK might prefer hiring younger fresh outta school type crew!

Good to see a few aussies here...I will be attending the recruitment day Oct 27 in Melbourne wish me luck :)

FlyRules
17th Sep 2007, 16:19
Mr Derek,

I read somewhere in this forum the age mark is 35, not sure whether or not that is true.

Good luck during the recruitment process.

ek_ey_qr_dreamer
17th Sep 2007, 19:57
hi guys, i was wondering if existing ek crew can tell me, do emirates take recomendations...
i have a couple of friends who i have not asked yet as i was unsure, but is it a good idea to ask them to recomend me? does it make a difference?
also i have applied but i am not recieving anything back, and i realy want an invite to the assesment day in birmingham next month, any tips would be great.

many thanks guys.

Highsky24
18th Sep 2007, 08:38
EK Dreamer...

Unfortunatly the crew can't give recommendations, i have a friend who works for them but she advised me i had to go through the whole recruitment process. Lucky for me i got in and start on 5th October!

When i applied online, i didnt hear for about a month or so and got a call to go to the first group interview about 2 weeks before. If you apply online and they like your CV you wont have to go to the open day (well i didnt!) they just invite you to the group interview.

Good Luck! :)

vickster
18th Sep 2007, 16:37
Hey just spent an hour reading all the pages haven't been on for a month and a half especially like mother hen . I start November 16th anyone with me i'm scared lol no one else is on that date on here if you are then let me know i'm flying from Gatwick doing medicals this week they are bloody scary how much will all the medicals cost roughly ???

Casablanca85
18th Sep 2007, 19:57
Hi all who are going to attend an opden day/assessment! I am praying for everyone!!!!! Actually we have ramaddan here in Dubai and across the whole islamic world! me as a muslim it is very hard in this hot weather to fast but I will do it:-) As I am not wriing so much as I used to do before working for EK I just wanted to tell everybody that it is a great company and a great country with soooo many different people!! You will love it!!! For sure!!!!!! Just do your thang and even if it takes more than one or two times - fight fight fight until you willsucceed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many many regards to all of the EK Wannabees across the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vickster
18th Sep 2007, 20:37
:)hey how's it going so you work for emirates already how do you like it?? hope your fasting is going ok ? i'm coming out hopefully if medicals go through on 16th of november do you know what happens the day you get there ? who takes you to where you need to go?:)

mother hen
19th Sep 2007, 08:10
congrats on getting ek.

not sure about medical costs(differ from doctor to doctor) but I have mentioned before about the audiogram. I know you can now get this done at the opticians. My daughter got hers done at our local one, but i know Specsavers do them. When my daughter had hers done they were free, so hopefully they still are,and this might save you a little. She also had to pay for her chest xray as our GP was not very helpful and wouldn't say on the form that she'd had a chest infection so needed an xray! She hadn't had an infection, but that's beside the point,he he. if he'd said it, she could have had it done on the NHS. I think that cost us £60.

I hope this is of some help? Good luck with the medicals, I know they can seem like a lot of money and take forever, but once the're done it wont be long till your in Dubai.

Wishing you all the best for your future career with Ek,

mother hen.

Highsky24
19th Sep 2007, 09:03
Vickster...

Hey, Had my medicals a few weeks ago, my doctors medical cost me £90, Chest xray was £78, £28 for the Hep B jab (all the others were free), Eye test and contact lense check was about £30, Dentist was £50 to sign the form and do the xrays (plus i had to pay for 3 fillings) and the hearing test was free at specsavers (as mother hen said).
It was quite stressfull getting it all done, but once its done as mother hen said its all worth it in the end. I start 5th October.

Good Luck and dont worry if you can't get them done within the 2 week time frame, i think they understand the NHS is not great, i called them and they said to take my time as i had plenty of time, so i got them done in 3 weeks.:)

mohit
19th Sep 2007, 14:06
Wondering if anyone here had their final interview at Hilton in Melbourne just before mid august this year??? :ugh:

vickster
19th Sep 2007, 20:34
hey thanks so much for reply so helpful so when 's your date ? be nice to get to know a few ppl b4 we go eh so we can get together that end!!!!

vickster
19th Sep 2007, 20:36
OH mother hen will you adopt me you sound like an ace MUM thanks a lot its so helpful , this site helps more than what i was told by ek. take care

TightSlot
20th Sep 2007, 08:13
Another warning - Post in English not in Text Speak

Highsky24
20th Sep 2007, 08:42
Hey no problem! :) I leave on the 5th October, yeah its nice to get to know people a bit on here before we all leave, i will pm you my msn address

illy745
20th Sep 2007, 12:48
Hey all!

I'm awaiting my shipment to Dubai :} I am leaving on the 12th from Athens, Greece. Starting the training on the 18th and so on... was just wondering who else is coming on the 12th from Athens, or from anywhere else. Since we're gonna be in the same group for the duration of the training, anyway my name is Ilya...e-mail me or something ..

[email protected]
[email protected]

:-)~

not-another1
20th Sep 2007, 16:37
Hi Guys and Girls,
Well also just completed my online application. what i wanna know is do they do Road shows in the UK? Im currently living in South Africa and i know they are doing a road show here looking for staff. But unfort for me i move back to the UK next week, so i wont be able to go. If they do, where abouts in the UK and any dates???

vickster
20th Sep 2007, 18:38
hiya,

I interviewed in London and as far as i can remember i think they do 1 a week so yeah you'll be able to go there . where are you moving back to?

EkRavin
21st Sep 2007, 00:45
Illy: Am leaving on the 12-oct as well. :E
Heard their is a delay in issuing the visa and thus some of our collegues over here their dates were moved. Hope it does not happen to us !
PM me if u want.

Anyway join the team :D :ok:
By the way another mate of mine just moved in DXB and she said : she got a brand new apartment out somewhere in the desert but near the airport and far from Sheikh Zayed Rd. Lots of construction around the area.

Couple of days when we join is fun and their is a blood test and a day at the clinic. Plus loads of paperwork and staff meet & Greet.

naddy1983
21st Sep 2007, 07:24
Hi EK Ravin,

I'm leaving on 12 Oct aswell - from Birmingham. How's the arrangements going?

NADX

naddy1983
21st Sep 2007, 07:26
Sorry - and Illy - I'll be meeting you guys soon!! Yippe!!

vickster
21st Sep 2007, 07:59
anyone leaving november 16th ??

laguna23
21st Sep 2007, 10:10
Hi,

I had my final interview at the end of August and am still awaiting the outcome. This week, I found out that some people did not pass the final interview stage and as a result received the email. I also heard that some people did get the call from EK and have progressed to the next round. It has been 3 weeks for me, and I still have not heard anything... not even an email. I have read every post on this site regarding this issue, but I still do not understand why they have not called or emailed me. I understand that they are really busy, but I just don't get why they inform some people and leave the rest. I was also told that if they were not interested in me, they would have informed me by now but I also read that some people waited 3 weeks and still got the dreaded email. As a result, I am neither here nor there and I am stressing about it. Has anyone been in the same situation as myself? :{

vickster
21st Sep 2007, 13:06
hi!! i was kinda in the same situation. All the people that werent getting the job got the email really quick . and then 2 others had to call 2 weeks afrer that. I got a call a week after that to re do my pictures and they told me that all files go to dubai and get processed they might have looked at the other 2 girls files and decided the pics were good quickly but i had to re do mine 5 times nad the other 2 girls who got their yes are you there now and i'm not going til novembver so i think the fact that you know some ppl have had their no's already that means that your file has been passed over and they will get to you and i would def say that s it a really good thing you havent heard . Out of 55 ppl that attended when i went all the no's had the no on the same day so no news is good news . i'm sorry i cant really give you any more info but no one can really know what goes on hehe good luck hope to see you out there.

Casablanca85
21st Sep 2007, 16:36
@laguna,

Were you supposed to undergo a visual test during your final???? Not an eye examination it was kinda test to fullfil several pictures! Just logical things! In my round in 2006 all who were supposed to do this were called for further progress and all who did not have to do it failed!! I don`t know how it is handeled in other countries but I had my interview in Germany and I heared also from a girl fom Tokyo that she also had to do this test and she was successful! well don`t give up you will know soon:-) good luck honey:) It is not the psychometric testing, something really strange!!!!!!

EkRavin
21st Sep 2007, 20:13
heyyy NADx
you've been away for a while !

Am just bored again but excited at the same time and a bit disappointed as you must have read what i wrote earlier about the accomodation.

I mean till i might be completely wrong to be disappointed but well we'll see. I heard its like some new apartments we're going into and which is far off but nearer to the airport.

Dunno got to be there to find out.

Bit confused as well, what to bring and what not. I got nothing extra am just wondering how to make use of the xtra 30Kgs !!!

We got to make a list of all of us joining on the 12-oct and eventually a PPRUNE get together.

I also heard couple of first days are quite hectic and tiring, so be prepared.

TC

EmiratesCCMad
21st Sep 2007, 20:53
:eeek:
Im Oct 12 too as I mentioned earlier.
Coincidence or what?

Im flying from Manchester Int'l.

Yep, we need to have a Pprune get together party...

SkyHighFlyGal also 12th!!!

Can't wait...d'ya reckon we're in same batch or...?

Read Tuberosee's or rxlc's message on her first couple of days in Dubai as a trainee. Click Here (http://cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/forum_topics.asp?FID=22)
Shes got all the low-down on the training, as she was in the same boat as us a few weeks/months ago.

So...good luck,
Regards,

JustinG
21st Sep 2007, 21:06
Does anyone know why you need to have another medical once you arrive in Dubai when you got all that done in your home country?

Brazilian_boy
22nd Sep 2007, 04:07
Hi everyone!!!

As I have read in almost all previous posts, I think people are feeling anxious to get their call just like me. I sincerelly wish to have my answer replyed, ´cause maybe it can help others in the same situation as me. I have passed through the group tests, and the whole stuff...so I went to the final interview, wich took about 1 hour, and after it, I was told that I should sent them in Dubai 6 passport size pics, my diplomas and certificates, as well as reference letter from my employer. so, in shorts the sequence was:

*open day
*assessment day
*final interview.

If she asked me to submit my certificates, it means that I can calm down, and wait for my call? she asked me 4 to 6 weeks. when will I be asked to submit my medical exams??

I need help! I´m going crazy!!! :sad:

sleepy740
22nd Sep 2007, 04:49
hey,
anyone flying out in december???

my class is scheduled to start december 20!

redmond071686
22nd Sep 2007, 05:41
Hello EkRavin. I read from your last post that you were talking about the accommodations and that the new recruits will be placed in the accommodations near the airport. Actually there is also a possibility that we will not be placed there since they are randomly distributing the new recruits. i have friends who are already there, they were from my assessment day and there are about 5 or 6 of them already, and all of them are placed in different bldgs.

i just hope i'll be placed in sheikh zayed rd. its a nice location coz its like the center of dubai. i'll see you guys soon! goodluck!

EmiratesCCMad
22nd Sep 2007, 16:13
Hey
as you know, member rxlc just moved to Dubai. She got placed in a "desert2 like place, far from Skh. Zayed Road :{

I arrived to dubai on friday night and life here has been hectic..and is only the beginning.
Im living somewhere in the desert..somehow.
If u coming over get ready for some tiring days, lack of sleep, long hours driving. Actually im lucky coz is Ramadan..so the traffic s better.

My travel over here with emirates was awsome..i felt like a VIP. Emirates cabin crew were fantastic with me.
Once u arrive someone s waiting for u so u dont need to worry.

Saturday s a free day - meaning u dont go to college..but u have lots of things to do because the appartments r empty..u gotta go shopping..meet ur colleagues..etc.
Take lots of money with u! Dubai s expensive and u will need so many things.
If u can just bring stuff with u when u arrive s just great..but s better to have money n buy here upon necessities n recommendations.

Sunday was cool..a full day..lots of papers to fill in. I got the uniform.
Monday...u get already exhausted n some might feel homesick. I had only blood sickness..coz we had our blood tests n i hate that..my whole arm hurts right now.

umm...if u have any other worries, questions about the interview or anything else regarding ek..message me.
for the moment i do not have a net connection... but ive just discovered this net cafe..hihi
c u all here
good luck with the interview..do not stress too much..nobody s perfect!

Hey all..got dial up in my room..hihi Tomorrow i start the real course..till now has been only introductory: welfare, medicals, accomodation..meeting the staff..

Medicals: blood, urine, general check (back, ears, lungs, heart), vision, teeth, vaccinations. Blood s one day..the rest takes a whole new day. When u come to the clinic..take food with u. Is Ramadan..u cant eat outside, in public. Avoid Castro is extremely expensive and s the only place u can eat..so be prepared.

Accomodation: new building in the desert..everything s underconstruction around, is not far from the airport..which is good..but far from sheik zayed. im not bothered..got a huge hypermarket near, sahara mall..deira aint that far either.
Im sharing a 2 bedroom apt. My flat mate s in the same group with me..we r lucky! I dont like the thing that i dont have a bathroom in my room..have to cross the hall...while my mate has one..with a tube too..i got only the shower. The apt s big..huge living..kitchen..balcony. A/C not working properly ..but they said they ll fix it..so just waiting..in between freezing or turning it off.

Outside s still hot..32C right now n s 11.50 pm. V humid.

Today one girl asked to go home.. quite depressing. Is hard..but enjoyable so be prepared.
I just love it...http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/smileys/smiley1.gif

Courtesy:cabincrew.com

FlyRules
22nd Sep 2007, 18:52
One of the guys who attended interview with me arrived to Dubai this week and was placed in the "21st Century Tower" and he absolutely loves it. Great location. Actually, quite a few of people in his batch (35 new hires) were placed in the same building. I am still waiting on the details though ;).

He also mentioned that EK took great care of him upon arrival to DXB.:D

Anyone else traveling on Sept 27th (besides Melissa and myself)?