PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

cabot
29th Jun 2009, 08:00
Is the TCX 330-200 G-MDBD still based at Glasgow for long haul Thomas Cook operations or is it rotated around the UK as and when operations department need it ?

Envoy320
29th Jun 2009, 10:33
all a330's are rotated through various bases throughout the year as and when engineering checks/works are scheduled - generally in Manchester.

cabot
6th Jul 2009, 06:06
I noticed today Monday 7th July according to the BAA Glasgow website 4 long haul TCX flights out starting with 1000 TCX015L to Cancun,1040 TCX234K to Cancun,1245 TCX092K to Orlando then finally a 1535 TCX046K to Toronto.Is this due to the start of the local Glasgow holidays as it seems a huge amount of seats for just one day.Are all of these flights operated with A332 aircraft or are 757's used on any of the routes? Anyone know which aircraft is pencilled in for the Tuesday POP flight TCX035K?

MUFC_fan
6th Jul 2009, 08:41
I think the 757 operates the Toronto route - it does on most days from MAN anyway, with maybe once a week A330.

I think the 757 is fitted for long haul anyway but not 100% sure.

I don't think there will be 4 A330s at Gatwick that day as they will be needed around the country at other bases. 3 seems about right.

Does anybody know the rough placements for a/c this summer?

Thanks.

cabot
6th Jul 2009, 09:05
i was just trying to establish if Thomas Cook had 4 A332's at Glasgow today or 3 332's and a 757 and,
which craft was operating the Tuesday POP flight which i'm on.
Just seemed a shed load of seats for a Monday.Never knew they had that many large aircraft there on one day.

WHBM
6th Jul 2009, 09:07
I noticed today Monday 7th July according to the BAA Glasgow website 4 long haul TCX flights ...... it seems a huge amount of seats for just one day.
It is normal for the IT operators to switch some resources in July from the English to the Scottish markets for a few weeks, to cover the fact that the Scottish market peaks earlier as their school holidays are some weeks earlier than England. Only happens for a few weeks, then the emphasis goes back to the standard bases. Some done by making additional stops on flights originating in England, others done by positioning the aircraft and not operating out of the English originating point for a few weeks. Tour operators have found, over time, that this is the most effective use of their resources to catch the peak demand and pricing in the two slightly different markets. The ability to charge peak prices more than outweighs the additional positioning etc costs.

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 09:14
The 2 flights to Cancun and the flight to Sanford will all be operated by A330-200's and the flight to Toronto will be on the B757-200.

There will also be a flight to Dalaman today on the A330-300

so yes there will be 4 x A330's in Glasgow this morning.

Tomorrow there will be 2 x A330-200's and a late afternoon visit by the B757-300 to operete the earlier Antalya flight.

Busy week for variety of TCX flights as on Thursday the A321-200 will visit and on Friday the B767-300 and A320-200 will also be visiting.

Makes a change!

MUFC_fan
6th Jul 2009, 09:34
GLA is obviously a big deal for TCX!

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 09:42
GLA is traditionally busy for TCX in the school holidays.....

If you want to see the whole fleet in one day (virtually) go to GLA in October.....normally around the 9th, 10th, 11th.....

74 departures scheduled for those 3 days this year by TCX...

BFS101
6th Jul 2009, 09:44
Thomas Cook seem pretty on the ball re capacity increases in the regions to suit demand.

BFS has a based A320 season long, however over peak holiday period, end of June to middle July, Thomas Cook group also base a BD A321 and operate numerous TCX flights in from other bases. Also peak flights to Cancun, Puerto Plata and extra capacity to Sanford.

This is in stark contrast to TUI operations from BFS, with based A320 season long and thats it. No peak capacity increases, and to be honest only the most unimaginative destinations.

MUFC_fan
6th Jul 2009, 09:47
TCX now have the widest range of capacity per a/c which I suppose helps massively.

From 180 seats to 350+ and many different in between it does make it more easy to meet the demand as opposed to TOM and MON.

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 09:50
From 180 seats to 350+ and many different in between it does make it more easy to meet the demand as opposed to TOM and MON

It does and it doesn't....

Granted - they have varying sizes of aircraft but the planning involved is incredible to move these aircraft around in the summer peaks when they are generally based in other airports.

For example....the B752 normally operates a MAN-Corfu-MAN.....this week it is doing MAN-Corfu-BFS-Corfu-MAN.....

and then back to normal in a couple of weeks time. Sounds easy but a lt of work in preparation.

MUFC_fan
6th Jul 2009, 09:54
For example....the B752 normally operates a MAN-Corfu-MAN.....this week it is doing MAN-Corfu-BFS-Corfu-MAN.....

How do they work this crew wise? I know charters seem to have their 'days' where they go out in droves, would this be the case. Would they fly MAN-CFU-BFS and then swap with crew who will do BFS-CFU-MAN and they fly domestic or what?

Thanks.

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 09:58
How do they work this crew wise? .... Would they fly MAN-CFU-BFS and then swap with crew who will do BFS-CFU-MAN and they fly domestic or what?

Exactly that....

and vice versa of course....one crew would position out to BFS to pick up the aircraft when it came in from Corfu.

MUFC_fan
6th Jul 2009, 10:05
Right. So I guess they would head out on WW to BFS then as passengers and obviously vice versa? I suppose it is cheaper than setting up a larger pool at BFS.

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 10:09
Its not the fact that it's cheaper...it's just impossible to set up a crew for the B757 when the type doesn't ergularly operate from that base.

It would be impossible to keep the crew in check for that aircraft unless they kept travelling to other bases which would then prove extremely costly.

TSR2
6th Jul 2009, 10:12
From 180 seats to 350+ and many different in between it does make it more easy to meet the demand as opposed to TOM and MON.

MON also have this size range with aircraft from the A320 to the A330 and the 361 seat A300-604 with the B752 and A321 in between.

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 10:24
As do TOM really.....

&37, A320, A321, 757, 767.....

MUFC_fan
6th Jul 2009, 12:42
TCX have the A333 which pushes the larger end plus the 753.

Do MON use the A320 for charter?

Envoy320
6th Jul 2009, 12:56
THE A333 has a full programme for the summer and obviously goes back to T.Cook Scandinavia for the winter.

the B753 has 280 seats so quite useful for short, but higher density routes.

I would have thought MON use the A320 for charter or mainly the A321.

TSR2
6th Jul 2009, 15:09
Do MON use the A320 for charter?

Yep, they sure do MUFC fan, but not to the same extent as the A321, 757 or AB6.

cabot
6th Jul 2009, 15:13
Can anyone tell me which aircraft has been assigned to the POP flight TCX 035K flight on Tuesday ?

ROSSKi MYT
6th Jul 2009, 16:48
G-OJMC swapped with G-MDBD on Friday so it may be G-OJMC

gd44
8th Jul 2009, 00:11
Hello,

A relative of mine was flying into Newcastle from Santorini this evening (Tuesday 7th) and the aircraft diverted into Manchester.

No explanation was given.

Can anyone in the know shine a light on this?

Regards,

Envoy320
8th Jul 2009, 08:38
i find it hard to believe that a diversion took place and NO explanation was given.....

I cannot imagine a scenario where the Captain announced that they would now be going to Manchester but i'm not telling you why.....

Seriously...?

TSR2
8th Jul 2009, 08:55
Did the aircraft continue its journey or were the passengers bussed to Newcastle?

gd44
8th Jul 2009, 19:45
Thats what im told. Aircraft Diverted to Manchester and passengers bussed to Newcastle.

No explanation given.

I thought it was strange aswell, hence I though i'd ask on here.

CabinCrewe
8th Jul 2009, 21:15
operational convenience...i bet

sunshine79
9th Jul 2009, 09:05
It wasn't operational convenience as the aircraft is based in NCL and it had a knock on effect to their schedule. delaying another flight by around 2.5 hours. There must have been a reason for this aircraft being diverted.

Tigger4Me
9th Jul 2009, 09:09
I don't know about NCL but isn't MAN a maintenance base? Probably popped in for a bit of TLC.

_ShIfTy_
9th Jul 2009, 09:10
The reason was Manchester needed the aircraft to operate a flight. Think they were having a few tech issues.

Envoy320
9th Jul 2009, 11:59
Now that sounds more like it....however....i still do not believe the passengeres weren't told anything at all.

MUFC_fan
9th Jul 2009, 14:19
Now that sounds more like it....however....i still do not believe the passengeres weren't told anything at all.

Would you tell passengers that you were diverting as TCX HQ wanted the plane to operate a flight from MAN rather than NCL?:}I certainly wouldn't like to be told that!

Why would MAN be more important than NCL flights? Higher revenue? Higher costs of further delays?

Envoy320
9th Jul 2009, 15:56
Why would MAN be more important than NCL flights? Higher revenue? Higher costs of further delays?

Nothing to do with which base it is.....

you have to be able to see the bigger picture and look at the flying programme as a whole...

why leave a TCX aircraft on the ground in NCL for a few hours and sub a flight out from MAN at a ridiculously high cost...

and yes i would tell the pax that is why the aircraft was diverting to MAN - it stops a back lash when they eventually undoubtedly find out!!!

ryand36
9th Jul 2009, 18:56
Hey

Does anyone know what routes are operating on which day form STN for the Summer 2010 season?

Thanks for anyone's help

goldeneye
9th Jul 2009, 21:25
ryand36
Does anyone know what routes are operating on which day form STN for the Summer 2010 season?

Here we go Ryan. The following are operating in 2010 on TCX aircraft.

Monday - Bodrum & Dalaman
Tuesday- Palma, Antalya
Wednesday - Larnaca, Ibiza
Thursday - Lanzarote, Dalaman
Friday - Mahon, Dalaman, Tenerife
Saturday - Fuerteventura, Bodrum
Sunday - Mahon, Tenerife, Monastir, Zakynthos (Extra TFS flight in October)

MONDAY: STN-BJV-STN-DLM-STN

TUESDAY: STN-PMI-NWI-PMI-STN-AYT-STN

WEDNESDAY: STN-IBZ-STN-LCA-STN

THURSDAY: STN-ACE-STN-DLM-STN

FRIDAY: STN-MAH-STN-DLM-STN, TFS appears to be on a W pattern from another UK base.

SATURDAY: STN-FUE-STN-BJV-STN

SUNDAY: STN-ZTH-STN-MAH-STN-MIR-STN

_ShIfTy_
9th Jul 2009, 22:31
Nothing to do with which base it is.....

you have to be able to see the bigger picture and look at the flying programme as a whole...

why leave a TCX aircraft on the ground in NCL for a few hours and sub a flight out from MAN at a ridiculously high cost...

and yes i would tell the pax that is why the aircraft was diverting to MAN - it stops a back lash when they eventually undoubtedly find out!!!

Spot on. When that aircraft arrived into Newcastle it was going night stopping untill the morning Larnaca at 0900 ish. Larnaca still went a couple of hours late though. Also rumor has it geordies don't complain as much when you delay them :=.

sunshine79
9th Jul 2009, 22:46
You are kidding! NCL lot are quite bad when it comes to complaining about delays etc. I've been on the receiving end of it.

airhumberside
10th Jul 2009, 14:32
TUESDAY: STN-AYT-STN-HER-STN & STN-PMI- Possibly NWI - PMI-STN
HER is on Eurocypria. Aircraft looks to be routing STN-PMI-???-PMI-STN-AYT-STN

Marshall Williams
10th Jul 2009, 16:33
Does anybody know the winter schedule for the A330 out of LGW for this winter?

There are rumours that the Goa flights will be subbed and replaced with lots of Canada flights.

mathers_wales_uk
10th Jul 2009, 20:23
A common practice im afraid. Gatwick inbound has been diverted into Cardiff on more than one occasion due to technical issues with the Cardiff based a/c.

Outcome the passengers were told and refused to de-board the aircraft when on stand and then the authorities were called to have them removed. Can't imagine being diverted such long distance from dest and being on a coach for nearly the same length of time than the flight itself.

Has also happened many a time if one of BRS a/c are having problems and a/c is due to sit on the ground at CWL for a period of time.

I have to say although inconveniencing passengers on one flight looking at the overall picture im sure they are minimising a more lengthy delay which would have a knock on effect for more flights at another base.

Common practice with scheduled airlines but the aircraft usually travels to destination offload passengers and position out empty to a base that requires the aircraft re-shuffling the schedule to minimising delays is they key aim.

goldeneye
10th Jul 2009, 20:24
The Goa flying programme from Gatwick for Thomas Cook Holidays is with Monarch this Winter and not on TCX Aircraft.

TCX will still operate the Manchester flights.

Marshall Williams
10th Jul 2009, 21:17
Thanks, goldeneye.

Do you know which routes are replacing the Indian flights?

Envoy320
23rd Jul 2009, 11:56
And the TCX B763 will be in Belfast tomorrow.....operating from Tenerife and into BFS around 5.30pm or so.....

Just a one off I assume?

Tigger4Me
23rd Jul 2009, 14:11
"Just a one off I assume?"

Not necessarily Envoy320 as there appears to have been a bit of a shuffle this week. Our TCX 622 MAN/PMI, normally a 767, was rescheduled and operated with an A321. From what we can see the new times/equipment are scheduled until September at least.

OliWW
23rd Jul 2009, 14:13
Talking of shuffling TCX are operating a BA B744 on one of the DLM flights from LGW today :ok: Comfy!

cabot
25th Jul 2009, 20:13
I came back from POP on Tues 21 july on TCX 330-200 G-MDBD in to Glasgow and first time i have been on a 332 with downstairs toilets so a bit of novelty.Curiously the captain left on the 2 exterior cameras which was also a first so was able to watch the take off and landing.I went out on 7th July with G-OJMC which seemed a different set up yet is a newer aircraft is it not?

aidoair
25th Jul 2009, 20:45
Yes they are slightly different layouts. G-MDBD is ex Airtours/Mytravel Spec and G-OJMC is ex JMC air/Thomas Cook spec.

Evileyes
30th Jul 2009, 11:28
Folks, PPRuNe is not a Customer Service point of contact for your trip. If you have questions regarding aircraft type, movies, seating, meals etc. CALL THEM.

Further, PPRuNe isn't a flight tracking site. If your flight hasn't left and/or arrived on time..... ASK THEM.

Better to get the information from someone responsible and accountable for providing it to you rather than an anonymous website.

You paid for the ticket, may as well get the service.

Thanks,
The Mods

Fernanjet
4th Aug 2009, 08:36
I see that G-VCED is leaving the fleet at the end of October 2009, never to be seen again...

Anyone know where it's going?

LIMA OR ALPHA JUNK
4th Aug 2009, 11:30
The knackers yard I believe....

Fernanjet
5th Aug 2009, 15:23
I suppose 18 years for an aircraft isn't much these days though is it?

SOme of their 757's are a few years older than that!

celso75
6th Aug 2009, 12:28
"SOme of their 757's are a few years older than that!"

Only one is older than that. G-JMCF is just over 20 years old.

Tigger4Me
17th Aug 2009, 22:10
The TCX327 from BRS popped a couple of tyres when landing at PMI this evening and was delayed a couple of hours as nobody was forthcoming with replacements. During that time the Captain took the time and trouble to come into the departure lounge twice to give an update to the waiting pax.

We cannot recall ever seeing this done before, at PMI at least. The Captain's actions were greatly appreciated by the pax and the Thomas Cook staff on duty tasked with looking after the pax during the delay.

Many thanks to the Captain and here's hoping that your arrival into BRS is more straightforward. :ok:

david1994
20th Aug 2009, 21:51
Hello , this winter Thomas Cook are flying to Egypt [Sharm El Sheik] , Fuerteventura , Gran Canaria [Las Palmas] , Lanzarote , Tenerife [South] , Tunisia [Monastir] from Belfast , Seem the Sharm flight will be a B757 will that be based in BFS for the winter as well as a A320

ROSSKi MYT
21st Aug 2009, 14:25
No it will come in from another base

Evileyes
26th Aug 2009, 02:00
Several recent posts moved here: http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/386543-tcx211l-reus-man.html

atcomarkingtime
26th Aug 2009, 15:31
Hi Guys....sorry to invade your thread...Im an air traffic controller and just had word that Thomas Cook have cancelled a flight I'd booked MAN to Toronto on 22nd Oct as only 5 people were booked on....but as I'd booked my tickets to connect ABZ to MAN.....Im having a nightmare as they have offered me GLA to TOR the same day.....but train connections from the far north are not good!
Anyone on the inside have any help to offer?:ok:

Psr777
26th Aug 2009, 20:18
atcomarkingtime : All of the flights TCX operate to Canada are operated on behalf of Canadian Affair, some are code shares with Air Transat. If the flight has been cancelled it will be by one of these parties, not TCX so would suggest you try and get in touch with one of those parties.

Hope you get it sorted.

Regards

David Sharpe
27th Aug 2009, 12:44
Don't know if anybody can help me with the following ....

Have noted a TCX 27 K operating Gatwick to Sharm on a Thursday (since early June according to ACARS, with the A330 operating since 12th June) This flight appears to have become an A320 operation since 20th August, when a further flight (the 3rd of the day) TCX 101 K also appears to have commenced operations with A320.

Does anybody know what is now happening to the A330 that originally operated TCX 27 K and whether this route is planned to go back to A330 before the end of the Summer season ?

Thanks.

atcomarkingtime
27th Aug 2009, 15:45
Cheers anyway PSR777....finally got CA to fly me thru LGW with TSC.....they are sorting me a flight now from ABZ-LGW......not too happy at flying TSC after a previous flight with them.....I'll sleep!!!:eek:

goldeneye
28th Aug 2009, 19:30
Jethros is reporting that 4 A320's and 6 B757's are due to finish their lease before Summer 2010. Does anyone know if TCX are going to extend the leases or are they being returned.

Whitehatter
28th Aug 2009, 20:16
I also read that, interesting that the A320s are a bit of a fleet oddity as they have V2500 motors and TCX seem to prefer CFM on the remainder. may be time to swap them out of the fleet....?

Fernanjet
19th Oct 2009, 18:52
74 flights in a weekend from GLA last week......does the whole of glasgow emigrate at this time of year? why choose the october holiday over any other?

GROUNDHOG
19th Oct 2009, 19:10
Have read that TCX are not operating for Canadian Affair next year and that they ( Canadian Affair) will be using Canjet? Now this was on a non aviation website so may be completely untrue but since I want to book for February 2010 anyone know whasson please?

Fernanjet
19th Oct 2009, 19:28
feb 2010?

is it not normally a summer operation anyway that TCX operate?

and don't they have a contract for next summer to operate their flights already?

I thought they did....

GROUNDHOG
19th Oct 2009, 19:38
Thanks Fernanjet

Should have checked, put it down to old age, tried a date in June LGW/YVR and there TCX is! I thought they flew more flights in the Winter than shown on Canadian Affair website but obviously not so it is back to BA for me then!

Flightrider
19th Oct 2009, 19:52
There have been some changes to the Canadian Affair programme for Summer 2010 which basically see Thomas Cook and Air Transat replaced on the Gatwick-Halifax and Fredericton routes with a Canjet 737-800. The regional departures from places like Newcastle and Exeter to Toronto have also been pulled. Other than that, it's pretty much status quo for 2010 - one or two route frequencies reduced but nothing else too drastic.

Cloud1
19th Oct 2009, 20:00
www.exeter-airport.co.uk (http://www.exeter-airport.co.uk) suggests Toronto is back for 2010 with TS A310 as previous years

fl dutchman
19th Oct 2009, 20:50
Flightrider. NCL - Toronto is still flying in Summer 2010 with Air Transat

Flightrider
19th Oct 2009, 21:34
Apologies - NCL + EXT must have been recent (re-) additions to the programme. They certainly were not on sale nor included in the first run Canadian Affair brochure.

goldeneye
19th Oct 2009, 22:03
NCL and EXT are operating on a reduced season, for Summer 2010, they are on the same TS aircraft as a double drop on an A310.

YHZ is being operated on an Canjet 737 but seems to be under a TS flight number. YFC seems to be off sale so not sure if it will indeed operated for Summer 2010.

TCX are operating all GLA, MAN and BHX flights for Canadian Affair. TCX are operaing LON along with TS and Canjet.

colinhunn
20th Oct 2009, 22:12
See link below. Nice to get a new IT destination from NWI if only for 6 weeks.

News - Norwich Airport (http://www.norwichairport.co.uk/news.asp?id=53)

Colin

Severn
23rd Oct 2009, 16:25
Hi, does anyone know the what will be based where for this coming winter season?
Also, Is there any information about what will be based where for next summer, and if not when?
Thanks

ROSSKi MYT
23rd Oct 2009, 23:21
All i can say is for Glasgow- w09/10 2 757 and for S10 4 757 and 1 A330

david1994
23rd Oct 2009, 23:24
All i can say is that BFS for Winter 09/10 1 A320 and for Summer 10 1 A320

Fernanjet
24th Oct 2009, 10:28
EMA - 2 x A320 with a couple of 757 visits per week
BRS - 1 x A320
BHX - 2 x B752
STN - 1 x A321
LBA - Just a couple of A320 visits per week
LPL - 2 x A320 visits on 1st and 2nd DEC
LGW - 1 X B753, 2 x A330, 3 x B752 plus 1 or 2 A321 visits per week
MAN - 2 x A330, 2 x B752, 1 x B763, 1 x A320, 1 x A321
CWL - 4 x A320 flights and 1 x B752 flights per week

I think.......more or less correct!

MUFC_fan
24th Oct 2009, 10:33
Is MAN TCX's biggest base in the summer as well as the winter?

Fernanjet
24th Oct 2009, 10:53
MAn and LGW are pretty much equal year round.....with regards to number

SWBKCB
24th Oct 2009, 12:24
Newcastle?

Fernanjet
24th Oct 2009, 14:01
NCL - 1 x B752

caaardiff
24th Oct 2009, 17:51
CWL:
A321 - x4 flights
A320 - x1 flight
752 - x1 flight

Fernanjet
26th Oct 2009, 11:57
CWL:
A321 - x4 flights
A320 - x1 flight
752 - x1 flight

The correct weekly flt details are actually as follows:

Sundays: TCX302K 07:20CWLACEA320
Mondays:
TCX 891 K 09:05 CWL LPA A320
Tuesdays:
TCX 887 K 08:40 CWL TFS A320
Wednesdays: (not every week)
TCX 817 K 07:40 CWL FUE A320
Fridays:
TCX 477 K 08:15 CWL SSH B752

The A321 will operate on 20DEC and 14MAR only to MIR

plaincrazy
26th Oct 2009, 14:05
All on Sun-Wed are operated by A321 not A320, A320 only used on the MIR route.

Fernanjet
26th Oct 2009, 14:19
All on Sun-Wed are operated by A321 not A320, A320 only used on the MIR route.

May I ask where you are getting this info from????

it appears incorrect.

Kestrel_Stu
26th Oct 2009, 15:17
It is definately a based A320 at CWL again this winter (shared with LBA). Aircraft operates:

Sun - CWL-ACE-CWL
Mon - CWL-LPA-CWL
Tue - CWL-TFS-CWL
Wed - CWL-FUE-CWL*
Wed - Posn CWL-LBA
Thu - LBA-ACE-LBA
Fri - LBA-TFS-LBA
Sat - LBA-FUE-LBA*
Sat - Posn LBA-CWL

* - FUE does not operate every week.

The 757-200 positions in from NCL on Thu night, then operates on Friday to SSH and back, then positions to BRS Fri night.

The A321 operates MIR on Sundays 15/11, 22/11, 20/12, 03/01, 07/03, 14/03, 21/03.

tbi
26th Oct 2009, 16:44
I have on my winter programme for Tcx:- A321 based here part week, and the A320 ops 1x flight per week, along with the 752 operating the SSH.

TBI

Fernanjet
26th Oct 2009, 19:35
I have on my winter programme for Tcx:- A321 based here part week, and the A320 ops 1x flight per week, along with the 752 operating the SSH.

mis printed the A321 and A320 and got them the wrong way around by the looks.

Definately will be A320 part based in CWL

Jamesair
26th Oct 2009, 21:51
Surely that can't be correct for NCL in Summer 2010. There were 3 a/c this year and the programme seems to need 3 next summer.

ROSSKi MYT
27th Oct 2009, 11:07
It's 1 752 for NCL for the winter

Bagmanlgw
27th Oct 2009, 14:40
Any ideas on what LGW will have based Summer 2010 ?

flyboyTC
30th Oct 2009, 06:28
FERNANJET

EMA - 2 x A320 with a couple of 757 visits per week
BRS - 1 x A320
BHX - 2 x B752
STN - 1 x A321
LBA - Just a couple of A320 visits per week
LPL - 2 x A320 visits on 1st and 2nd DEC
LGW - 1 X B753, 2 x A330, 3 x B752 plus 1 or 2 A321 visits per week
MAN - 2 x A330, 2 x B752, 1 x B763, 1 x A320, 1 x A321
CWL - 4 x A320 flights and 1 x B752 flights per week

I think.......more or less correct! 24th October 2009 01:24

You are missing a 2nd B753 at LGW, and a 2nd B763 at MAN!

AndyDRHuddleston
30th Oct 2009, 08:40
What's planned for the other A330's & 757's over the winter period? Are all remaining aircraft being leased out or parked up? According to Wikipedia the fleet consists of 44 aircraft?? Correct?

ADRH

Fernanjet
30th Oct 2009, 10:49
You are missing a 2nd B753 at LGW, and a 2nd B763 at MAN!

I'm not......they share the programme of 1 B753 and 1 B763 between 2 of each during the winter.

What's planned for the other A330's & 757's over the winter period? Are all remaining aircraft being leased out or parked up? According to Wikipedia the fleet consists of 44 aircraft?? Correct?

The same as happens every year....some go to the Hadj....some to Canada....

GROUNDHOG
30th Oct 2009, 18:13
I shall be pretty gutted if they don't go to Canada because I have booked at least three round trips between now and March! Kissed BA goodbye when they put the prices up by nearly 400% for premium economy on LHR/YVR!

goldeneye
30th Oct 2009, 20:13
Groundhog,

Going to Canada means going on lease to Skyservice and the like for the Canadian winter flying programe to the Caribbean, Mexico, Florida etc.

TCX are still flying through the winter from the UK to Canada.

Fernanjet
30th Oct 2009, 20:19
I shall be pretty gutted if they don't go to Canada because I have booked at least three round trips between now and March!

What have you booked - i can look and let you know whats operating if you pm me the details

flyboyTC
30th Oct 2009, 20:40
Fernanjet,

How can they share a programme of one of each, when on some days 2 x 763s arr flying ex MAN at the same time and 2 x 753s are flying ex LGW at the same time....
if the question is what a/c are based at which base, then the number of a/c base dat that base is the answer?

Kestrel_Stu
30th Oct 2009, 22:16
2 x 757-300s will be based at LGW for the winter, with 2 x 767-300s at Manchester.

Some days only one of the two at each base operate a flight, some days neither operate any flights, but broadly speaking they have their own flying lines and 4 aircraft are needed for the programme.

As flyboyTC says, there are many days in the season where 2 x B753s from LGW and 2 x B763s from MAN operate at almost exactly the same time, so all 4 aircraft are definately required.

As usual with the winter season, it really depends which week you look at.

easyJet A321
30th Oct 2009, 22:38
Does anyone know what is going to replace the four Aircraft leaving next year? These being the three A320's (G-BYTH, G-GTDL & G-VCED) and also the B752 (G-JMCF). Thomson's A320's should be going soon, possibly they could go to Thomas Cook if they don't want to place a new order? For the 757 there could be the easyJet A321's and Thomson's A321's. Probably the ex GB A320's will be leaving soon too once the new batch has been delivered.

It would be nice to see an order put in for new A320's and A321's though :)

BlueTui
31st Oct 2009, 09:18
The last Airbus will leave the Thomson fleet in 2012, so they won't be available to TCX soon enough

Kestrel_Stu
31st Oct 2009, 17:47
The current plan for summer 2010 is a reduction in the fleet from 44 to 40 aircraft. 4 A320s are leaving, but one will be replaced by a leased A320 or A321 (no news on where from yet), so a net loss of 3 there. The scandinavian A330-300 will not be based in the UK next summer so 1 less A330 (7 rather than 8 last summer).

G-JMCF (B752) will be replaced by G-DIMB, the 767-300 returning from lease with Monarch in April.

Simples :O

firstforfirstchoice
31st Oct 2009, 18:53
Does anyone know which destinations the B753's are flying to each day of the week out of LGW this winter??

david1994
31st Oct 2009, 22:42
Does anyone on or could guess what BFS is getting next summer its always been an A320-200 last summer we had 2 based A320's, what are the chances of TCX basing a A321 or B752 next summer ?

Kestrel_Stu
31st Oct 2009, 23:26
Does anyone know which destinations the B753's are flying to each day of the week out of LGW this winter??

Mondays - LPA, DLM
Tuesdays - TFS, AYT
Wednesdays - FUE
Thursdays - ACE
Fridays - TFS
Saturdays - FUE, GNB*, VBS*, SOF*
Sundays - ACE, AYT**, MIR, TRN*

* - From mid-Dec
** - From mid-Feb

Torque2
1st Nov 2009, 17:38
BFS is an A321 for next summer.

BYALPHAINDIA
3rd Nov 2009, 00:49
Re - My post on A & A Re Busy @ MAN.

TCX have GONE MAD these past few days at the start of 'Miserable November'

I have never known it this busy, TCX must be doing something right with their package hols.

Counted at least 5 based 752's, 2 x 763 & 3/4 A320/1's flying in and out all day long, And some Posn thru the night?

And some days upto 3 A330's.

The A320 has also been Busy at LBIA doing 2 rotations most days, Think LBIA will get the 320 based F/Time for winter soon?

Keep it up TCX!!

airhumberside
3rd Nov 2009, 09:51
I would guess this week will be busier than the rest of the month as there may still be holidaymakers to return from 'summer destinations' like Greece who went for October Half Term

Fernanjet
3rd Nov 2009, 10:10
It's still the return of the summer flights mixed in with the start of winter flights so may appear busy.

a lot of the outbound flights will have been empty for the summer charters.....

tcx00
3rd Nov 2009, 20:20
Evening;

Does anyone know what is happening next year at newcastle?

Will there be 2 and a half, 3 or as rumours are 4 for next summer...

Thanks

Fernanjet
6th Nov 2009, 10:35
Should be 3 x B757-200's for NCL summer 2010

servisairlgw
6th Nov 2009, 10:39
Any ideas of what will be based at LGW for next summer ?

Up to 10 i believe this summer any increase for next ?

Fernanjet
6th Nov 2009, 10:44
Realistically - whatever happened in 2009 nationwide will happen again next year - a few decreases, a few increases of flights but not really any extra based a/c anywhere.

apart from the odd A320 retiring and the "Monarch" 767 returning to tcx as G-TCCB - little change expected

finding_nema
12th Nov 2009, 21:15
In short, no. TCX managers have gone a long way to stress in communications that we are not so much an airline as a transport division for the tour operator. Although we have some important independent contracts and seat-only tickets make up about a quarter of the airline's revenue, the airline is mostly responsible for providing capacity to TC tour operators' seat requirements. What would Monarch bring TCX? Another legacy group of employees to intergrate after a somewhat difficult merger where there are still some issues between the employee groups yet to be ironed out? A varied fleet of aircraft, not all of which are compatible with TCX? A large seat-only business? I could only see this being the case if TCX needed an increase in capacity or wanted to enter the seat-only market like Condor in Germany. TCX are reducing the fleet by 4 units for next summer, I'm not convinced why TCX would approach MON.

finding_nema
12th Nov 2009, 21:26
Personally, for the reasons mentioned above, I can't see why they'd do this, as having a dedicated stream of customers coming in from the tour operators and important third-party contracts is much lower-risk than having to market flights yourself. Remember, a lot of the TCX managers are legacy MyTravel, and this includes people who were here during MyTravelLite. Yes, a good marketing exercise and raised the profile of the seat-only business, but it never made money apparently and was easily attacked by the "true" low-cost airlines when they arrived at BHX. Stranger things have happened, and Condor in Germany has a strong seat-only business, but not sure, especially with TOM removing capacity from the seat-only market, why TCX would go into it.

firstforfirstchoice
13th Dec 2009, 17:53
Hi all,

Have noticed that from the start of the Summer 2010 timetable that certain flights from LGW and MAN have an option to book extra leg room seats when making a flight booking...An example is the TCX45 from LGW to LCA.
Does anyone know if they are taking a row or 2 out like Monarch have on there A320/1/B757 or are TCX just doing this on certain aircraft or possibly using an A330 on short haul routes??

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :ok:

habs_fan
13th Dec 2009, 18:18
probley just selling off the exit seat like most airlines these days

GROUNDHOG
13th Dec 2009, 20:57
Don't know about short haul seat pitch but long haul A330 in premium is really good Please though TCX can we have some decent headphones instead of the pathetic ones currently in use - preferably before my next YVR flight in February please! Thanks!!!

Kestrel_Stu
14th Dec 2009, 10:29
One A330 at LGW is operating a shorthaul flying line this summer, in a 354Y config. There will still be a premuim cabin with premium seats at the front, allowing the company to sell lots more extra legroom seats, but there will be no difference in service to those pax.

Bagmanlgw
14th Dec 2009, 12:04
Any idea what aircraft are planned to be based at LGW for the summer season ?

Very intresting news with the all Ecy A330 . Sounds like it could be a replacement for one of the B753 which were both based at LGW for last summer.

Last summer saw only 1 x rotation a week (DLM) useing the A330 on shorthaul on a Monday .
Intresting to see what is planned for the rest of the week ex LGW with the A330

Bagmanlgw

Kestrel_Stu
14th Dec 2009, 15:00
Expect mainly Dalaman and Sharm for the shorthaul 332, but the final S10 fleet and routes won't be set in stone for another month or so.

Marshall Williams
14th Dec 2009, 18:02
What's the provisional outlook for the fleet next year?

Apparently, there will just the one shorthaul Airbus up in Manchester. An A321 I believe?

I also heard a rumour that the company is considering an extra 1/2 aircraft to partially replace the ones that left the fleet this winter.

Kestrel_Stu
14th Dec 2009, 18:41
Provisional fleet is 40 aircraft for S10, down from 44 last summer:

0 x A333 (-1)
7 x A332 (+0)
3 x B763 (+1)
2 x B753 (+0)
15 x B752 (-1)
4 x A321 (+0)
9 x A320 (-3)

40 TOTAL (-4)

There is no standby aircraft planned for S10 (a B763 was used for this last year), so the fleet reduction is really three aircraft.

Rumours abound of a late change in the works with an extra aircraft for S10 (so 41 total) but nothing confirmed yet.

david1994
14th Dec 2009, 18:43
Can anyone confim if BFS are getting the A321 instead of the A320 ??
Thanks

goldeneye
24th Dec 2009, 17:53
TCX are to operate a weekly service from ABZ to DLM from 5 May - 27 October. Flight will be on an A320 on a W pattern from a UK base (by the times i think its GLA) Wed: ABZ - DLM 1830-0110 WED: DLM - ABZ 1435-1720

Also ABZ to AYT for 4 flights in July again A320, & EXT - AYT weekly from 6 May.

SFCC
24th Dec 2009, 18:41
ABZ-DLM A320? Lets hope it's a CFM powered one:}
I'd be very interested to learn which base it'll be w'ing from. GLA isn't an option as far as I know.

david1994
24th Dec 2009, 18:42
ABZ-DLM A320? Lets hope it's a CFM powered onehttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Why you say this :confused:

SFCC
25th Dec 2009, 10:02
Because the V2500 machines are more performance limiting and would almost certainly require thrust bump to lift a full load and DLM fuel.
It is for this reason that TCX usually puts CFM's through the likes of BRS and LBA.

finding_nema
25th Dec 2009, 13:22
I'm sure two of the V2500 aircraft are the ones leaving the fleet next summer, with the other two due to have their leases expire the following summer. I'd imagine unless there was a radical change in fleet with whatever is due to replace the 757-200s, that there'll eventually be more A320s coming and they'll be CFM-powered. Merry Christmas to all.

OliWW
26th Dec 2009, 15:36
Does anyone know why TCX568L was diverted when operating FUE-EMA... No Snow or Ice or Fog at EMA, so not sure that the problem was?

firstchoice7e7
29th Dec 2009, 21:25
Just had a letter through from TCX, the LGW Croatia programme has been cancelled for 2010, Holiday is cancelled and they are giving me a refund:{

Pity, i thought Split being outside of the eurozone would have been more popular. Guess Easyjet are giving them a run for their money.

GROUNDHOG
30th Dec 2009, 08:49
Or was a major sharer on the flight Holiday Options which recently ceased trading?

firstchoice7e7
30th Dec 2009, 10:41
Thats probably the reason, anyway not to worry, EZY have £50 returns available for the same dates so ill save some money doing it this way.

lbalad
1st Jan 2010, 00:05
Just seen for the first time on skynews,sorry if been mentioned before.

Mr & Mrs Rednapp urging us to 'don't just book it,Thomas Cook it'.

Do we really think we are likely to see the Rednapps in the check in queue for a TCX flight?.

Pantrash
1st Jan 2010, 02:17
Don't know why not. I was on the same flight back from Sardinia with them last year on EZY. Nice family, no airs or graces.

MUFC_fan
1st Jan 2010, 12:34
May see them at Manchester, stood at the next check-in desk for EK business going somewhere exotic in the Far East! :ok:

Seriously though, there are quite a number of 'famous' people who do act just like us 'normal' people....

TSR2
1st Jan 2010, 21:23
Whilst on the subject of footballers, Nicky Butt and family sat across the aisle from us last year. Seemed a very nice guy and was perfectly happy to give his autograph to the many kids on-board.

CentreFix25
2nd Jan 2010, 08:24
Where was he flying to/from?

TSR2
2nd Jan 2010, 09:55
Manchester to Faro.

goldeneye
2nd Jan 2010, 15:35
Tony Blair flew JMC/TCX a few times from LGW to SSH for his post Xmas holiday.

Random Flyer
3rd Jan 2010, 10:03
Mr & Mrs Rednapp urging us to 'don't just book it,Thomas Cook it'.

Do we really think we are likely to see the Rednapps in the check in queue for a TCX flight?.

Why not? Gordon Strachan on my Ryanair flight recently.

MUFC_fan
3rd Jan 2010, 10:10
Why not? Gordon Strachan on my Ryanair flight recently.

Cisse on my NCE-LPL flight when at Liverpool - even the millionaires travel cheap!:ok:

Fernanjet
3rd Jan 2010, 10:13
Cisse on my NCE-LPL flight when at Liverpool - even the millionaires travel cheap!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

it's not the fact that they travel cheap.....if they need to travel on a certain route, they take the airline that flies it....simple.

just because they have a lot of money doesn't mean they want silver service on a private charter.

its just a simple flight. nothing special.

MUFC_fan
3rd Jan 2010, 10:17
it's not the fact that they travel cheap.....if they need to travel on a certain route, they take the airline that flies it....simple.

just because they have a lot of money doesn't mean they want silver service on a private charter.

its just a simple flight. nothing special.

Exactly...

People think they will only travel in business class/private jets but if I had a disposable income similar to that of a footballer/A-list celeb then I would certainly rather fly NCE-MAN/LPL opposed to NCE-LHR-MAN, simply to fly business class.

It usually depends on what their easiest option is...

Yewkno
10th Jan 2010, 15:02
Does anyone know yet what tcx aircraft will be based where this summer. Correct me if i'm wrong but havent TCX lost a few aircraft this year. Will be interesting to see which bases will be operating with less aircraft this summer. :ok:

Fernanjet
10th Jan 2010, 15:53
look back a page - reply 629....

already discussed

OliWW
12th Jan 2010, 19:38
Will EMA be on 2x A320 again for S10?

ukcharter666
16th Jan 2010, 07:37
first post

off to fuerteventura on 17/04/10 tcx432k this is down as a 753 does anyone know which one of the two this will be ?

and on my return to gatwick tcx225l 01/05/10 this is down as a321 again does anyone know which one of there four a321 this could be?

regards

Ian Brooks
16th Jan 2010, 08:08
Not this far ahead try a day before and it might be possible but even things change

Ian B

ukcharter666
16th Jan 2010, 15:06
does anyone know which tcx planes are based at gatwck this winter

Fernanjet
17th Jan 2010, 09:36
does anyone know which tcx planes are based at gatwck this winter

This question comes up so so many times....

airlines do not leave specific aircraft at specific bases week in, week out....they change all the time due to operational requirements.

tcx00
17th Jan 2010, 10:42
Hi

How many Aircraft have Newcastle go this summer pleaseand will they be 752's again?

Thanks

sunshine79
17th Jan 2010, 10:53
AFAIK we have 3 based here again

Fernanjet
19th Jan 2010, 11:40
Anyone know why TCX are operating 4 ad-hoc flights down to Livingston from Sharm el Sheikh?

Flights are scheduled in mid-march

ANd they are in Amman today...out from gatwick back to Manchester.....any info anyone??

Fernanjet
22nd Jan 2010, 12:52
ANd they are in Amman today...out from gatwick back to Manchester.....any info anyone??

flyboyTC
24th Jan 2010, 14:22
The Amman flights were actually two A330 aircraft.

G-OJMC going out to AMM for maintenance, G-OJMB returning from AMM to MAnchester, after maintenance,

Fernanjet
25th Jan 2010, 10:27
thanks for that....

do you know what the livingston flights were for or have they been cancelled now?

david1994
27th Jan 2010, 23:32
Does anyone know what type BFS is getting this summer i.e May - Oct, A321-200??

Regards

Tower1
31st Jan 2010, 15:12
Yes, it is on the Monarch thread!

It's only Me
31st Jan 2010, 16:59
Guess he knows that - it was him that posted the same thing on the Monarch thread!

Kestrel_Stu
4th Feb 2010, 12:48
Does anyone know what type BFS is getting this summer i.e May - Oct, A321-200??

BFS gets an A321-200 (Y220 config) from May-Oct, apart from a couple of weeks in late May / early June when an A320 is scheduled. Also An A330-200 doing BFS-MIR on Wednesdays and some peak season SFB/POP (A332 & A333) and DLM/TFS/AYT (B752/B753/B763) flights.

The SSH flights start again in September, also operated by B752, but yes the main BFS schedules are operated by the A321 this summer.

Kestrel_Stu
4th Feb 2010, 22:13
TCX Summer 2010 Fleet

Always subject to change even at this stage, but latest info is:

BFS - 1 x A321
BHX - 3 x B752
BRS - 2 x A320
CWL - 1 x A321
EMA - 2 x A320
GLA - 4 x B752; 1 x A332
LBA - 1 x A320
LGW - 2 x A320; 1 x A321; 3 x A332; 0.5* x A333; 3 x B752; 2 x B753
MAN - 1 x A320; 1 x A321; 3 x A332; 0.5* x A333; 4 x B752; 3 x B763
NCL - 3 x B752
STN - 1 x A320

TOTAL 43 (42 + 1 'peak season' A333)

* - the A333 shares a flying line between MAN and LGW and also operates from GLA and BFS, doing only SFB in a Y398 config and only leased in for the peak summer months (end June to early September).

Regular 'W' patterns will operate through:

ABZ - (B752)
BFS - (A332, B752, B763)
BHX - (B763)
CWL - (A320)
DSA - (B752)
EDI - (B752; A320)
EMA - (B752; A321)
EXT - (A320; B752)
GLA - (A320; A321)
HUY - (A320; B752; B763)
NWI - (A320; B752)
STN - (B752)

ROSSKi MYT
4th Feb 2010, 23:27
What will the GLA A330 being operating and what days? SFB, POP, CUN, YYC, YVR? Is it doing the sun DLM again?

Kestrel_Stu
5th Feb 2010, 07:44
What will the GLA A330 being operating and what days? SFB, POP, CUN, YYC, YVR? Is it doing the sun DLM again?

Mon - CUN
Tue - POP
Wed - YVR
Wed - YYC
Wed - SFB (A333 for 3 weeks peak season)
Thu - SFB (A333 for 3 weeks peak season)
Fri - SFB (peak season)
Sat - SFB
Sun - DLM

tcx00
5th Feb 2010, 13:03
Hey;
Do you know the pairings for the W patterns, so which base is operating them?
Cheers

plaincrazy
5th Feb 2010, 14:06
I know that CWL is paired with BRS

BRS-REU-CWL-REU-BRS

Random Flyer
5th Feb 2010, 14:13

GLA-Cuba and GLA-Las Vegas too.

Fernanjet
5th Feb 2010, 14:41
Hey;
Do you know the pairings for the W patterns, so which base is operating them?
Cheers

The B767 is from Manchester of course for all airports.

EMA, DSA, HUY will more than likely be MAN aircraft, as well as the airbuses visiting Scotland.

GLA-Cuba and GLA-Las Vegas too.

When....can't see that in the programme

Random Flyer
5th Feb 2010, 14:53
The B767 is from Manchester of course for all airports.

EMA, DSA, HUY will more than likely be MAN aircraft, as well as the airbuses visiting Scotland.

Scotland? Didnt know there was a "Scotland Airport"? :=

Random Flyer
5th Feb 2010, 14:56
When....can't see that in the programme

GLA-Cayo Coco, Tuesdays from 29 June 2010.
GLA-Las Vegas, Wednesdays from 30 June 2010.

Cuba was new for last summer, Vegas has been operating for years.

Fernanjet
5th Feb 2010, 15:06
Scotland? Didnt know there was a "Scotland Airport"? :=

Saddo....

quicker than writing glasgow and edinburgh airports.

pathetic waste of space if you think taht was worth picking up on!

Random Flyer
5th Feb 2010, 15:37
Saddo....

quicker than writing glasgow and edinburgh airports.

pathetic waste of space if you think taht was worth picking up on!

Well you listed everywhere else, place by place. Its a bit disrespectful to shun Glasgow off as just "Scotland" when its as big and important as Manchester and Birmingham. I'm sure you hate it when people from London refer to Manchester as "The North". :rolleyes:

airhumberside
5th Feb 2010, 16:57
HUY - (A320; B752; B763)
Is the B767 being used for AYT/DLM or PMI?

Would be very nice to have a regular B767 at HUY again

Fernanjet
5th Feb 2010, 17:41
HUY will see the 767 every monday evening at 16.25hrs between May and end of September from/to Dalaman

The 757 will be every Sunday at around 12.20hrs from/to Antalya

The A320 will be every Tuesday at 09.45hrs from/to Palma

Fernanjet
6th Feb 2010, 12:39
BFS will also see the A330-300 visitung throughout July, starting June 26th to operate Sanford flights.

Kestrel_Stu
7th Feb 2010, 12:36
GLA-Cayo Coco, Tuesdays from 29 June 2010.
GLA-Las Vegas, Wednesdays from 30 June 2010.

Cuba was new for last summer, Vegas has been operating for years.

GLA-CCC on 29/06 and GLA-LAS on 30/06 are one-off flights, not regulars.

Regular GLA-LAS flights have never been operated by TCX, MyTravel last operated the route in summer 2006 I believe.

0-8
7th Feb 2010, 18:31
Is one of the LGW 330's still scheduled to do a line of shorthaul flying?
If so where is it going?

Fernanjet
8th Feb 2010, 08:34
Is one of the LGW 330's still scheduled to do a line of shorthaul flying?
If so where is it going?

Mon - SSH and DLM
TUE - HRG
WED - MIR
THU - SSH
FRI - MAH
SAT - PMI
SUN - PVK and MIR

based on first week of june.....

Kestrel_Stu
8th Feb 2010, 10:24
Slight correction to the shorthaul A330 at LGW:

FRI - MAH and HRG
SAT - PMI and ADB

So in total 11 rotations through the week:

SSH x 2
HRG x 2
MIR x 2
DLM x 1
MAH x 1
PMI x 1
PVK x 1
ADB x 1

The aircraft will be in a 354Y config.

Fernanjet
8th Feb 2010, 13:59
So the shorthaul destinations are seeing lots of widebody aircraft now. a stark contrast to 3 or 4 years ago!

3 767-300's purely on shorthaul, and lots of A330 visits from various bases.

makes a change from days gone by!!

Civagiarn
8th Feb 2010, 19:53
Can anyone tell me which aircraft is operating LGW-BOJ this summer? Thomson seem to have cut capacity drastically on the route.

Fernanjet
9th Feb 2010, 09:08
LGW - BOJ will be operated for the first 2 weeks of the summer by A320 (10th & 17th May)

Afterwards, it is scheduled to be operated by B757-300

GROUNDHOG
9th Feb 2010, 13:03
Scheduling question: Just been told by Canadian Affair that my flight LGW/YVR on 18th Feb is now departing at 1250 instead of 1030. No big deal on the face of it except I now miss my booked onward flight and cannot get another until the following day. Try getting a Hotel in Vancouver in the middle of the Olympics!! I have a Hotel booking the night before departing which I no longer need ( Flybe get me to LGW at 0830) Of course it is all non refundable and a further cost of about £300!

So I know they are allowed to change the times but would love to know when Canadian Affair actually knew this was the schedule?

Thanks!

Fernanjet
9th Feb 2010, 14:19
ONLY Canadian affair can answer that question....logically - Have you tried asking them?

It wouldn't make an ounce of difference in all honesty as they can change it every day if they needed to.

GROUNDHOG
9th Feb 2010, 15:40
The power of Pprune eh - I have the answer within a few minutes thanks to a pm!

Fernanjet - I am aware there is no comeback and wouldn't expect it, YVR is packed with Olympics so inconveniences are to be expected! Out of interest spoke to a lovely lady in Canadian Affair reservations but quite clear apart from having a map and telephone she knew little about Vancouver and I ended up telling her about alternative flights, ferries, coaches etc! It is ts tough enough for airlines and tour operators out there and joe public is getting a damned good deal - including me - so a few knocks have to be tolerated unfortunately.

Oh well there is always the bus and the ferry.....

PS; I could have switched to BA of course .... just the four grand for the Wife and I one way.... or perhaps not!

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Feb 2010, 16:54
How many hours did you leave between flights in YVR?

GROUNDHOG
9th Feb 2010, 17:52
A tad over three hours which I reckon should have been about enough as the check in time for the onward seaplane would normally only be ten minutes, Because of the Olympics we allowed one hour. Transfer between aircraft takes thirty minutes so would still have had in excess of one and a half hours in which to clear immigration and collect the bags. I wouldn't leave it tighter than that on our return we have a gap of three hours again but by then the Olympics will be long gone!

Have usually found YVR pretty quick to transfer through.

Civagiarn
9th Feb 2010, 20:16
Thanks for the info Fernanjet.

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Feb 2010, 21:03
The only time l went to YVR, a couple of years ago l must add, it took me over 1 hour to just get through immigration.
You obviously do not leave any time for a delay, which is your choice and not mine l might add.
Any way have a safe trip.

lbia2008
9th Feb 2010, 21:04
TCX's 767's are horribile!

Berek
9th Feb 2010, 21:21
Is it known yet which aircraft will be operating TCX 315K 1 July (MAN-HER) and TCX534L 13 July (PMI-MAN).

david1994
9th Feb 2010, 21:48
TCX534L 13 July (PMI-MAN)

Last summer TCX was using the B767-300 on this route.

TCX 315K (MAN-HER)

Last 2 summers TCX was using the B767-300 again on this route.

ryansf
9th Feb 2010, 22:11
Sort of in relation to the previous posts regarding aircraft bases, is there an online timetable for TCX (and any other charter airline for that matter) that shows what aircraft operate the various routes? Rather like the Thomson ANA Aviation timetable.

GROUNDHOG
9th Feb 2010, 22:23
Ibia - glad my flights are usually on an A330 then! If you fly down the back end is there an aircraft around these days that isn't pretty horrible - I refuse to do it long haul life is too short and my legs are too long!!

Wonder why TCX have priority boarding for premium pax but not priority offloading? Seems a bit odd that, best way round it is to sit in row 5 or 6 premium and then you can usually get out the door quickly and beat the immigration rush at YVR anyway!

Fernanjet
10th Feb 2010, 11:33
Is it known yet which aircraft will be operating TCX 315K 1 July (MAN-HER) and TCX534L 13 July (PMI-MAN).

Both scheduled for B763 again this year

Mr A Tis
14th Feb 2010, 09:48
Just for info Groundhog, I flew into YVR on a TCX A330 2 years ago, after 45 mins to get through immigration, it was a further 90 minutes for baggage to arrive, not very good. The excuse given by baggage services at YVR was that the TCX flight had arived early.

Today there are two TCX A330s fm the Carribean to Manchester, one 36 hrs late & another 20 hours late. Is this weather related or has the winter schedule gone tits up?

OliWW
14th Feb 2010, 10:02
Cant be weather related, because all of the TOM flights from Carribean were on time arriving back in the UK this morning

sam1993
14th Feb 2010, 10:19
Today there are two TCX A330s fm the Carribean to Manchester, one 36 hrs late & another 20 hours late. Is this weather related or has the winter schedule gone tits up?The departure board for Manchester Airport shows them both only departing this morning and todays long haul flights show NEXT INFORMATION AT...

sam1993
15th Feb 2010, 17:37
Thomas Cook have had winglets installed on Boeing 767 G-TCCA. The 2nd 767 G-DAJC should be having them installed shortly!

Thomas Cook Airlines (UK) adds its first Boeing 767-300 with Blended Winglets (http://blog.seattlepi.com/worldairlinenews/archives/194508.asp?from=blog_last3)

Fernanjet
15th Feb 2010, 17:44
I like the coloured wingtips with the globe...

quite smart.

GROUNDHOG
16th Feb 2010, 07:52
Is TCX long haul pretty much back on schedule out of LGW now please - thanks!

Fernanjet
16th Feb 2010, 08:04
Is TCX long haul pretty much back on schedule out of LGW now please - thanks!

Surely it is far far quicker to check gatwick airports website and departure info than to wait for a response on a forum?

Is that a serious question?

Spotter LBA
16th Feb 2010, 09:46
TCX longhaul has been desrupted over the last week at both MAN and LGW due to the damage to one of their A330's. Certain flights have been running rather late and some have been operated by 767's. I don't know if they are all back on time yet or whether the A330 in question has been repaired.

GROUNDHOG
16th Feb 2010, 11:22
Thanks for the sarcastic and not very constructive comment Fernanjet. Of course that is the first thing that I did but there was only a Sharm flight shown which I have no idea whether that is on an A330 or B767.

You above all people, judging by your previous posts, must be aware that it does not follow that because a flight departs on time today, with the tech issue TCX had earlier this week that there is not still an outstanding impact on the rest of the programme. One aircraft may still be AOG and no departure board is going to tell me that is it? Yes it was a serious question and thanks to the person that PM'd me with a serious answer!

Fernanjet
16th Feb 2010, 13:24
You above all people, judging by your previous posts, must be aware that it does not follow that because a flight departs on time today, with the tech issue TCX had earlier this week that there is not still an outstanding impact on the rest of the programme. One aircraft may still be AOG and no departure board is going to tell me that is it? Yes it was a serious question and thanks to the person that PM'd me with a serious answer!

Serious Answer.....

Here is mine: When are you travelling? Today? because if you are not then it is totally irrelevant whether the "longhaul" programme is on time or not.

Aircraft can suffer knock on delays from any destination....any tech issue at any time.....

ask the monastir-glasgow passengers who were about to board their 757 home on sunday morning, only to suffer an unexpected delay of 8 hours!

it is an irrelevant question as it will have zero effect on any flight you are about to underatake

cabot
10th Mar 2010, 09:31
Watching with interest the summer long haul TCX programme has been changed as well with POP flights initially on a Tuesday then additional rotation on a Sunday.Now the Tuesday flights have been dropped after approx July and aircraft changed as well with no premium flights available on the return sector from POP-GLA on the 20th July because aircraft switched to single configuration all economy.Wondering if this has been substituted from a 2 class 330 to a single class 767 or do TCX have high density 330's in their longhaul fleet ?

ROSSKi MYT
10th Mar 2010, 14:14
Where did you find this out? GLA website still all season TUES flight

Random Flyer
10th Mar 2010, 14:46
Where did you find this out? GLA website still all season TUES flight

BAA is not the best at keeping their online timetable up-to-date!

Having just checked the Thomas Cook website, GLA-POP is definitely operating every Sunday, I can’t see any Tuesday departures.

david1994
10th Mar 2010, 17:07
There is Tuesday departures from GLA:

Departs Glasgow on Tue 22 Jun 10 at 09:55
Arrives Dominican Republic on Tue 22 Jun 10 at 13:50

Departs Dominican Republic on Tue 06 Jul 10 at 15:50
Arrives Glasgow on Wed 07 Jul 10 at 05:15

Cloud1
10th Mar 2010, 17:27
Evening all

Could anyone tell me what the plans are for Exeter this summer. I understand we have 4 weekly flights in but I would like to know what a/c is operating and from which airport the a/c originates (as these are W patterns)

Palma - I assume BRS based A320 as we had in 2009
Antalya?
Dalaman?
Monastir?

Rumour was, albeit some time ago, that TCX were basing an aircraft at Exeter. Is this the case or are there any plans to do so? I was of the impression it would be a A320 - could this mean BRS would lose theirs?

cabot
10th Mar 2010, 21:41
There are no inbound flights after Tueday 20th July 2010 from POP, which seems to have been switched to a Sunday.The flight coming back has been configured for an all economy seating.I know that because they have just told me.

ROSSKi MYT
10th Mar 2010, 21:57
Strange, so it's changin day mid season. Still A330 based full week?

cabot
10th Mar 2010, 22:09
Not sure about 330 based all week but trying to find out if they are shoe horning everyone in to a 767 single class for the single 20th july inbound or are they utilising an all economy 330. I was booked in to premium and have been bumpted out in to cattle class.

Random Flyer
11th Mar 2010, 00:57
Strange, so it's changin day mid season. Still A330 based full week?

One A330 is based full week, I think there is a second A330 and/or a 767 passing throught on other days. The schedule does not seem to be consistent every week, so its hard to say.

From what I can see, the following destinations are avalable on the following days but some not all season.

Monday: Cancun
Tuesday: Cayo Coco and Puerto Plata
Wednesday: Calgary, Las Vegas, Orlando and Vancouver
Thursday: Orlando
Friday: Orlando
Saturday: Orlando
Sunday:

I'm sure someone said the based A330 will do a Dalaman on a Sunday? So from that, it looks like the based A330 is busy 7 days a week, with a second aircraft, either a 767 or an A330 coming in on a Tuesday and Wednesday as well as a third long haul aircraft on the last Wednesday in June.

Kestrel_Stu
11th Mar 2010, 16:48
Could anyone tell me what the plans are for Exeter this summer. I understand we have 4 weekly flights in but I would like to know what a/c is operating and from which airport the a/c originates (as these are W patterns)

Antalya - Thursdays B752 operates GLA-AYT-EXT-AYT-GLA
Dalaman - Thursdays B752 operates MAN-DLM-EXT-DLM-MAN
Monastir - Wednesdays (April only) B752 operates MAN-MIR-EXT-MIR-MAN
Palma - Saturdays A320 operates BRS-PMI-EXT-PMI-BRS

Rumour was, albeit some time ago, that TCX were basing an aircraft at Exeter. Is this the case or are there any plans to do so?

No current plans for a based a/c.

Welsh Bobby
11th Mar 2010, 19:17
Can anyone confirm if the A320 will be full time based next winter.Looking at the early hols on offer on the web shows TCX operated flights on nearly all days of the week at certain weeks of the season?

Fernanjet
12th Mar 2010, 09:27
Not sure about 330 based all week but trying to find out if they are shoe horning everyone in to a 767 single class for the single 20th july inbound or are they utilising an all economy 330. I was booked in to premium and have been bumpted out in to cattle class.

Have you checked your return flight number?
TCX GLA - POP schedule is as follows:

4th May - 6th July an A330-200 will operate a GLA-POP-GLA flight.
It will recommence this route on the 21st September finishing 19th August
Flight number will be TCX 35 K/L

on 13th July An A330-300 will return from POP in to GLA having originated from LGW/MAN

if you are returning on 20th July you are flying on a different airline even though THOMAS COOK is still the TOUR OPERATOR.

So from that, it looks like the based A330 is busy 7 days a week, with a second aircraft, either a 767 or an A330 coming in on a Tuesday and Wednesday as well as a third long haul aircraft on the last Wednesday in June.

The last wednesday in June will see 5 different A330's visit during the morning. one of which, to be fair is positioning between GLA and MAN at 0435.

a 2nd A330 will visit on Tuesdays.

The B767, all 3 of them, are flying a short/medium haul programme ex MAN all summer. Although there will be a few 767 visits, as always, for the mad migration from GLA in mid-october!

cabot
12th Mar 2010, 10:39
if you are returning on 20th July you are flying on a different airline even though THOMAS COOK is still the TOUR OPERATOR.-So who will be contracted out to cover this 'extra' flight ? Seems bizarre to change your flying programme right in the height of the summer and as you say their programme goes back to 3 flights in September on a Tuesday.

Fernanjet
12th Mar 2010, 13:13
Seems bizarre to change your flying programme right in the height of the summer and as you say their programme goes back to 3 flights in September on a Tuesday.

It hasn't changed - it was always planned this way.

It may be the height of the summer in the med, but low season in the caribbean due to hurricane season.

the aircraft are utilised on more lucrative routes, such as the med or Florida (school holiday demand)

So who will be contracted out to cover this 'extra' flight ?

May i suggest that you ask your travel agent - you are the one travelling after all....it is your right to know from your agent!!

WHBM
12th Mar 2010, 13:13
if you are returning on 20th July ....... Seems bizarre to change your flying programme right in the height of the summer.
It is actually quite standard to rearrange IT programmes around this particular week, and it has been done for years, particularly those involving Glasgow and Belfast. The reason is that the season peaks earlier at these points than in England, where August is the peak month, due to the traditionally earlier school holidays in Scotland, which this year in Glasgow are 25 June to 16 August, whereas for comparison in London they are 23 July to 1 September.

So to take advantage of the highest demand it is normal to shift some aircraft resources up to Glasgow etc from June into July, then to move them back to England points for the end of July and into August. The destinations generally stay the same, it is just the UK departure points which are switched around

Cloud1
13th Mar 2010, 20:12
Antalya - Thursdays B752 operates GLA-AYT-EXT-AYT-GLA
Dalaman - Thursdays B752 operates MAN-DLM-EXT-DLM-MAN
Monastir - Wednesdays (April only) B752 operates MAN-MIR-EXT-MIR-MAN
Palma - Saturdays A320 operates BRS-PMI-EXT-PMI-BRS

Thanks for the info KS, shame that we are not seeing the based unit just yet but it is very positive that TCX have seen the potential at Exeter despite TOM having a base there. Fingers crossed the routes do well although you said that Monastir was April only, however on the Exeter airport website it is through the summer season??

Anyway will be good to see some 757s in as well - make a nice change.

Kestrel_Stu
13th Mar 2010, 21:16
you said that Monastir was April only, however on the Exeter airport website it is through the summer season??

The first three MIR rotations are as described with a TCX B752 (on 7/4, 14/4 and 21/4), but thereafter are operated by Nouvelair on behalf of Thomas Cook (A320 or A321) on Sundays for the rest of the season.

Hope this helps.

Fernanjet
14th Mar 2010, 14:03
Anyone know which airline TCX are leasing an aircraft from for this summer? and which aircraft type?

LGW based i believe

Kestrel_Stu
14th Mar 2010, 14:20
Anyone know which airline TCX are leasing an aircraft from for this summer? and which aircraft type?

2 x Skyservice B752s, one at GLA full season and one at LGW July to September I believe. Both aircraft are staying on the C-reg operated by SSV pilots. TCX cabin crew will be trained to operate on the LGW aicraft, SSV cabin crew will be used on the GLA unit.

FlyingFromTheUK
17th Mar 2010, 19:06
Hey people

Does anyone know if the new crew for this year will be on the Skyservice aircraft that LGW are getting for part of the summer or wil we be on the normal TCX fleet?

Fernanjet
19th Mar 2010, 09:55
i would assume a number of new crew will go on to the ssv aircraft rather than spend money and time training existing crew already in check for the G registered aircraft.

MILEHIGHBOY
22nd Mar 2010, 17:51
someones posted on GLA forum that a SmartWings Travel Service (QS) from Czech Republic is operating a number of TCX flights ex GLA for S10. Anyone have more info re crewing etc?

sam1993
22nd Mar 2010, 18:07
Just to add...Travel Service will also be operating flights from Belfast, East Mildands and Manchester on behalf of the Thomas Cook group this summer! :ok:

MILEHIGHBOY
22nd Mar 2010, 18:09
also the following charters are on behalf of TCX:

GLA-PMI-GLA BD
GLA-AGP-GLA BA

goldeneye
22nd Mar 2010, 18:13
Milehighboy

The Travel Service flights are for Thomas Cook Holidays and not TCX, the same way that they charter capacity from TOM, MON, LS, AEA, IWD etc.

They are not being operated for TCX.

MILEHIGHBOY
22nd Mar 2010, 22:55
i understand but in the case of SkyService it is a Canadian reg aircraft with own flightdeck etc - even though it will operate under a TCX flight number and cabin crew. with smartwings it is their own flight number so obv will be a complete sub charter.

Fernanjet
23rd Mar 2010, 09:53
People, people, people!!!

Travel companies...thomas cook, thomson, first choice, cosmos.....

they regularly, year in, year out use other airlines other than their own to operate fights on their behalf....

it is not a lack of aircraft....
it is not a sub-charter....
it is nothing to do with TCX in fact.....

why are people always shocked when other airlines operate on behalf of a tour operator?!

it's been happening since the 70's!!!!

can we move on now please.....

Random Flyer
23rd Mar 2010, 15:31
Whos shocked? :confused: Nobody said it was due to a lack of aircraft or anything else. All that has been posted is facts. Whats the problem? :confused:

Jeez!!

Fernanjet
25th Mar 2010, 13:13
All that has been posted is facts. Whats the problem? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

Read a little more closely before having a pop.....

SmartWings Travel Service (QS) from Czech Republic is operating a number of TCX flights ex GLA for S10

also the following charters are on behalf of TCX:

GLA-PMI-GLA BD
GLA-AGP-GLA BA

with smartwings it is their own flight number so obv will be a complete sub charter.

3 "facts" that are complete fiction....hence my point.

Random Flyer
25th Mar 2010, 16:43
3 "facts" that are complete fiction....hence my point.

So Travel Service (QS) from Czech Republic are not operating a number of TCX flights ex GLA for S10?

and the following charters are not on behalf of TCX?

GLA-PMI-GLA BD
GLA-AGP-GLA BA

:rolleyes:

Seriously; your getting all hot and bothered about the smallest technicality. Nobody is going to die if someone does not differentiate between Thomas Cook Holiday and Thomas Cook Airlines. Either way, its still Thomas Cook.

Chill out! :)

Fernanjet
26th Mar 2010, 10:33
Either way, its still Thomas Cook

I'm just quoting facts....

they are wholly seperate companies and if Thomas cook holidays were, for example, to go bust....Thomas cook airlines would continue to operate....

basic example i know but to just prove a point to you.

im not getting over excited and i do not need to "chill out". It is silly untruthful statements like yours that turn in to the most bizarre stories and rumours.

if we start with getting the basic facts right then we cant go far wrong can we!

aidoair
26th Mar 2010, 13:20
they are wholly seperate companies and if Thomas cook holidays were, for example, to go bust....Thomas cook airlines would continue to operate....

That may be true in the fact that they are seperate companies with-in the same group. However because of this i can assure you should anything like that ever happen, then TCX wouldn't last long at all. Maybe a few days to get many of their customers back home if that...
Anyway less talk of things like that because things are looking up again slowly but surely for this summer...

MILEHIGHBOY
26th Mar 2010, 19:39
Thomas Cook Airlines is actually regarded as the aviation arm of the tour operator (which include airtours,club 1830, sunset,style,panorama,manos,direct holidays, neilson etc etc). the official company name is in fact Thomas Cook Airline Services and they regard themselves as the transport division of the t/o. as for TCX not going bust if TCTO did - is ridiculous! although they do carry pax from external t/o's - the majority are in house - so would have an immediate knock on effect. like in the case of XL it was actually The XL Leisure Group that went bust including the airline.

goldeneye
26th Mar 2010, 20:18
TCX's legal name is actually Thomas Cook Airlines UK Ltd.

Check out Companies House (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8d8316c4ec9cb8b657c4b8b2c0a7b6c1/compdetails)

Fernanjet
27th Mar 2010, 13:35

basic example i know but to just prove a point to you.

I wrote the line above...basic example but just to prove a point......

i wrote this line....no-one appears to understand that it is a BASIC EXAMPLE

Some people on here are complete and utter imbeciles - seriously

i was pointing out the difference between the 2 companies - they ARE NOT the same

they are linked but different - as simple as that

now can we leave this discussion, stick to facts, and grow up for goodness sake.

Random Flyer
27th Mar 2010, 14:29
I wrote the line above...basic example but just to prove a point......

i wrote this line....no-one appears to understand that it is a BASIC EXAMPLE

Some people on here are complete and utter imbeciles - seriously

i was pointing out the difference between the 2 companies - they ARE NOT the same

they are linked but different - as simple as that

now can we leave this discussion, stick to facts, and grow up for goodness sake.

Let's look at some more facts. You are the one who got stressed out and lost the plot over nothing. You are the one who resorted to name calling. You are the one taking this thread off topic, everyone else was talking about facts.

Now I suggest you take your own advice; stick to the facts, get a life and grow up!

cabot
29th Mar 2010, 20:03
Finding it hard to keep track of the 20th July TCX35L flight from POP-GLA with changes to aircraft type on a 2-3 day basis.One minute it is the TCX Scandinavia single class 330 but currently it has just changed back to a 2 class 330.Can't the op just assign a certain aircraft type and be done ?

Fernanjet
30th Mar 2010, 08:00
Can't the op just assign a certain aircraft type and be done ?

You can now see why you never persued a career in airline ops!!

SCANDIC
30th Mar 2010, 13:04
Anyone know when G-DIMB is coming back to the uk, apparantely tcx don't have much work for this 767 this summer but they wanted it back from Monarch.:bored:

Random Flyer
30th Mar 2010, 15:10
You can now see why you never persued a career in airline ops!!

and we can all see why you never persued a career in public relations! :rolleyes:

Cabot asked a legitimate question. If your such an expert on airline operations, why don’t you answer his question rather than replying with snide and snobby remarks?

Ever heard the saying; there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers?!

Mr @ Spotty M
30th Mar 2010, 17:02
Scandic, aircraft is no longer G-DIMB, now under control of TCX as G-TCCB. It is now on check in AUI, plus paint and winglet fitting so l am told. Back in time for start of Summer season 1st May.

globetrotter79
31st Mar 2010, 09:08
Looks like all three TCX B767s will be fully occupied with Mediterranean/short-haul programs based in Manchester this summer..

Random Flyer
31st Mar 2010, 17:18
Looks like Skyservice has went into administration and all flights cancelled with immediate effect. How does this effect Thomas Cook's plans to use them this summer for charter flights? Will they be able to find more aircraft at this stage, or will certain bases see a reduction if aircraft?

(Serious answers only please! None of the Thomas Cook Holidays is not TCX nonsense). :)

MILEHIGHBOY
31st Mar 2010, 20:17
yes what a worry! but maybe TCX knew this was coming and hence why the Smartwings 737 popped up - to free a 757 for the canadian routes? just an idea. cant find any info elsewhere except that SSV are bust.

goldeneye
31st Mar 2010, 21:13
As far as im aware the Canadian route were not on the Skyservice 757, they are on TCX's own metal.

The Travel Service 737-800's are only coming in for a few months for TC, The SSV 757 was to be leased for the whole summer season.

Its going to cause some problems for GLA flights considering one was to be based there.