PDA

View Full Version : Cargolux details requested!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

sled dog
11th Oct 2013, 12:35
French is the OFFICIAL language in Lux.........
Do we now have a German mafia in CV ? In my day it was Icelandic.

B77L
12th Oct 2013, 07:30
I knew that, that's why I asked about it ;)

PH-JPC
12th Oct 2013, 22:30
@ midnight cruiser
I dont speak German, nor do some of the other people hired last few years.

HURZ
13th Oct 2013, 02:20
Not French, not German, not Burgerish.
It of advantage when you speak CHINESE!:ugh:

blueskiesup
14th Oct 2013, 21:04
Ok, so we've ascertained that German's not required. Can those that have been taken on elaborate on their flight experience. I've only got TP time, so I'm expecting there to be hundreds of applicants with jet time.

coltrane
15th Oct 2013, 00:37
Blueskiesup.

Yep, close to 5500 TT with 2000 PIC 737, Have been waiting for "the" call for over 2 years now :( There must be loads of applicants, I guess we have to be patient and await our turn!

nrn
19th Oct 2013, 09:37
Does anybody know if the skytest Cargolux thingy is usefull to prepare stage one at Saarlouis?

EAM
21st Oct 2013, 11:14
Its always an advantage if you speak the local language and as french, german and lëtzebuergesch are the official languages in Luxemburg, it might be an advantage to speak one of those languages.

sled dog
21st Oct 2013, 19:16
EAM, see post # 1034 . All languages are used ( you missed English ) but only one is "official " .

EAM
21st Oct 2013, 20:06
ahh sorry, didn´t know that has been changed recently.
Maybe you wanna update this:

Lëtzebuerg (Land) ? Wikipedia (http://lb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lëtzebuerg_(Land))

16down2togo
21st Oct 2013, 21:14
Guess he was talking about CV, look at the topics name, not Luxembourg,
smart...!
All this bully about german or whatever you need to talk to join.
Neither are any Germans a majority in the last 100 of the senlist, nor is there any language preferred except english, which we speak on the line.

EAM
22nd Oct 2013, 08:20
question on #1029 was: Why should you need to speak German

answer on #1032: German is required for is an official language in Lux,

reply on #1034:French is the OFFICIAL language in Lux.........

So we are talking about Luxemburg and why it would be an advantage to speak one of the THREE official languages in Luxemburg, french, german and lëtzebuergesch when joining CV.
Of course it is not a requirement, but as said, it is always an advantage to speak the local language.
Guess we are done with that now.

Tank2Engine
22nd Oct 2013, 09:57
People and Languages - Luxembourg.lu - Luxembourg at a Glance (http://www.luxembourg.public.lu/en/luxembourg-glance/population-languages/index.html)

The linguistic situation is special, as there are three official languages in Luxembourg: Lëtzebuergesch, French and German.The website claims (http://www.luxembourg.public.lu/en/support/a-propos/index.html) to be: "the official website of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. An international business card of the Grand Duchy on the web, the site is a gateway to non-commercial information about the country."

Interestingly enough there is neither a German nor a Lëtzebuergesch version of that website, only a French and English one. Nice and confusing: welcome to LUX! :{ :ugh: :8

Randy Spangler
25th Oct 2013, 11:16
I'm using Skytest to prepare…Anyone know if there's an ATP quiz?
Anyone has been lately there?

nrn
26th Oct 2013, 10:18
I'm using skytest as well. Do we have to perform math questions?
Don't think there will be ATPL questions

Randy Spangler
27th Oct 2013, 09:02
Haven't heard or read about any math...

Hotelpresident
27th Oct 2013, 11:15
They normally look for pilots with long-haul experience. People who is used to oceanic flights.

16down2togo
27th Oct 2013, 14:21
They only look for 21 year old Germans with 15 years long haul experience over Oceans and 10.000h in command of a 747-8, minimum 5 languages fluent!

sled dog
27th Oct 2013, 15:41
:ok: :cool:

16down2togo
27th Oct 2013, 21:59
I'm very sorry to be that ironic to all the interested new guys. I know, some of you have been waiting for a looong time for an answer. But I see a tendency in the last few pages of this, otherwise, very informative thread, to be hijacked by outside people which have absolutely no idea of the hiring criteria, to post more than ridiculous demands, tips or whatever.
Stick to what the company asks for, no booby traps, nothing, no german, long haul, super powers or anything else required. All this specials are mentioned by outsiders with, obviously no internal knowledge at all.
So my ironic quotes are strictly to these people and not anybody who seriously wants to join.

Jet Fuel Addict
28th Oct 2013, 08:35
16down2togo, indeed very true. At the same time a very enjoyable post :D:ok:

Airaviator
3rd Nov 2013, 10:46
Hotelpresident said "They normally look for pilots with long-haul experience. People who is used to oceanic flights."

This is absolutely not true... I say it again: this is a rumour you just want to create for a reason which is out of my knowledge, but this is NOT correct.

wing-man
12th Nov 2013, 14:33
Hi all,

I've been reading the whole tread and it is quite informative, thanks to all contributed :)

I was wondering if there is anyone who went to the Assessment in Saarlouis recently who can confirm if the day(s?) is still as described in post #391 (http://www.pprune.org/4776899-post391.html) from loulou.
And has anyone of you used sky test as a preparation, was it useful? and which tests of sky test were also in Saarlouis?

I hope there is anyone who wants to share some information:)

27th Nov 2013, 12:34
This thread is awfully quiet now considering things are looking to be on the up and up?

onthedot
27th Nov 2013, 21:06
Hello everybody,

I am also invited to the IBF and I have also been following the whole thread for a little while. However information about the assessment at the IBF is pretty old on here...

Has anybody lately gone through the testing?

It would be so nice if you could share your experience with us, since I believe there are many people on here which might be invited to the IBF, too.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Skystar02
28th Nov 2013, 06:10
Hi,

I have been told "the sorry", so I am not invited to the next step. My experience is nearly 4000 hours with 2800 medium jet... According to the e-mail my experience is not good enough comparing it to the rest of applicants. It's disappointing.

Good luck for those who have been invited to do the tests...

Regards.

tripjet320
28th Nov 2013, 09:13
Hi SkyStar02,

feel sorry for you, but may I just confirm something, what do you mean by next step and medium jet also ?
Thanks.

McMax
28th Nov 2013, 10:04
Hi Skystar02.

really sorry for you!

But could you give us an update about the two day assessment at IBF?
I think there are a lot of interested guy's in here...

All the best for you!
Cheers!

Skystar02
29th Nov 2013, 10:45
Hi guys,

Sorry. I meant that Interpersonel sent me an e-mail. I could not even go to the IBF. A friend of mine went last year and told me that he spent a day (nowadays) split in two days in an assesment doing psicotechnics, interview and a little ATPL exam. That is all my friend told me. I cannot be sure at 100% is how they are doing right now.

This is the e-mail:

Thank you once again for your application for a pilot's position with Cargolux Airlines International S.A.!

As we have only a limited number of vacancies but are receiving a large number of qualified applications at the same time, Cargolux has decided to take your application on file. We regret, that we are not in the position to invite you for the next step in the selection process at this time.

If you are still interested to maintain your application, please keep your contact data valid in our system - if not, you may use the function: "cancel application" after selecting your application from the menu: "my applications" in your account.

We thank you for the interest you have shown and remain with best regards,

your Cargolux - recruitment team

interpersonal III

Good luck for those who are so lucky and invited to the interviews.:ok:

Regards.

trancada
1st Dec 2013, 19:49
I new from other candidates, thats the first answer that Cargolux allways send.

We have to be patient and persistent, up-date our file, until they call us.

I knew that th company is a very to work for.

Good luck !

Aedius
3rd Dec 2013, 09:52
@Skystar02: It's not a matter of qualification but rather a question of fitting the profile or not.

Currently CV is looking mainly for 747 type-rated candidates and these will be taken care of more promptly. The only exception are pilots from LG, they will have priority over any other candidates.

Of course the whole issue with Henan doesn't really help and the upcoming contract will determine, how many people will be hired and what profile they need to fit. Everything is about to change in the months to come...

trancada
3rd Dec 2013, 20:07
Cargolux Boeing 787-8F / © Cargolux

China's HNCA acquires a 35% stake in Cargolux

Latest news

03DEC2013

Cargolux (CV, Luxembourg) is set to welcome China's Henan Civil Aviation Development & Investment Co (HNCA) as its new 35% shareholder after the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg approved the USD231million deal. Among the details agreed include the establishment of Zhengzhou as Cargolux's second hub after Luxembourg with provision for a 4x weekly service between the two cities. Zhengzhou is an important IT manufacturing hub. According to Cargofacts, the agreement does not preclude the relocation of Cargolux business segments to Henan. In terms of voting rights, HNCA will be able to veto any decision proposed by Cargolux's Executive or Supervisory Board. In terms of labour and job security, the OGBL union has voiced its own concerns about possible outsourcing of jobs and operations to China, despite a government pledge that it would not happen and a similar promise in a draft commercial agreement.

Wireless
17th Dec 2013, 09:27
Same e-mail after I applied. That was 3 months ago.

Jet Fuel Addict
17th Dec 2013, 10:07
Any update on what Trancada posted?

China's HNCA acquires a 35% stake in Cargolux

What is the general feeling inside the company? Does it change recruitment requirements?

Also, whats the deal with the Cargolux Boeing 787-8F / © Cargolux... :}

Skystar02
21st Dec 2013, 18:55
Hello pilot hans,

To be honest I don't remember when I submitted my aplication. Maybe two years ago. I update it every time it needs to be so. This is the second e-mail in two years.:ugh: which I have received.

As they said to me, I have to be patient. I wonder if it really helps but there is no other option at this time.

Good luck.

26th Dec 2013, 11:04
Have any non type rated pilots bern hired lately other than from Luxair?

4redsyourdead
26th Dec 2013, 14:17
Heard of a non TR guy currently starting with Cargolux. Ex 757/767

ablanc
1st Jan 2014, 16:46
Hi Randy,

I have been invited also to the IBF in Saarlouis. Can you tell us if the treat #391 still been actual? are there some ATP questions or English test? is Skytest a good tool to be prepared for the assessment?

Thank you and Happy New Year 2014!!!

Comandblanc

Invitation to Cargolux Italia; TT 2.600, Type Rated 747 with 320 Hrs on type. No oder jet experience, only turboprop pic hrs.

Skystar02
5th Jan 2014, 10:37
Buena suerte comandblanc!:ok:

HURZ
5th Jan 2014, 22:47
Sorry, but Cargolux Italia is not Cargolux!!!
You will soon recco that you are not too welcome in LUX.
CVI is just using the name, but that s it. You will not be on the mainlines seniority list. Think twice....

8th Jan 2014, 18:59
What is your experience?

SyncPilot
8th Jan 2014, 20:35
Good luck Hans!

Hope you will give us some new info about the interview...:ok:

Been waithing almost 2 years now, 4700h airbus time....:ugh:

(now thinking of getting a Boeing job, maybe giving me a better chance with time on type)

WBpilot410
9th Jan 2014, 08:20
Hi guys. Just received the same email as Skystar02 (http://www.pprune.org/members/169017-skystar02).
Has anyone ever been invited for an interview despite having received this email, or is this a dead end?

Thanks!

Daygo
9th Jan 2014, 14:08
I received an email today stating that my status has been changed to "limited release" and providing that I have the ZFTT and ATPL skills test requirements then Cargolux can continue with my application. I do meet the requirements so I am hoping this is good news?

Anybody else receive the same email?

Regards

Daygo

F/O
19th Jan 2014, 05:51
Hi everyone,
Can anyone confirm that the information in loulou's post is still valid? If so, can anyone give an indication of the time duration of each test?

These seem to be recurring questions, but I ask anyway and take my chances for a reply. Well appreciated.

One more: Does anyone have more tips and tricks for the Aircraft Positioning Test? I have seen a few examples. Some are pretty straight forward but some are.......sort of a mystery to me.....:O

Thanks for all the info so far in this thread!

pilot-s
19th Jan 2014, 21:26
Assessment is straight forward..

B737 rated with 2800 total time, 2600 on type. After the interview I got a lettre stating that they cant take my application into consideration at the moment and that I can apply again if there is a new vacancy. Very sad...

pilot-s
22nd Jan 2014, 06:54
I applied in september 2013, whent to saarlouis in Nov and had my interview in Dec.

IBF assessment is still the same as posted here on pprune, only difference is that they cut it in 2. Skytest will be helpfull just so that you know what to expext but other than that its not too difficult. Expect apptitude tests and math, no atpl q's.

Again everything is very straight forward and they are very nice poeple when you go and meet them.. But unfortunately.. Its always worth to try but I think without a 747 type its going to be very difficult to get in unless they cant find any rated pilots.

Hope you guys have more luck and will get the job, for me its a missed chance.

Jet Fuel Addict
22nd Jan 2014, 08:18
Perhaps new CP rules!

Yepp! New CP a Dutch guy. PPJN states newly hired almost all dutch with internal references.

I appreciate that PPJN is sometimes a bit off and can be updated by just about anyone, however most of the times there is some element of truth in there.
So get ready to bring out your inner cloggy skygod... ;)

pilot-s
22nd Jan 2014, 14:29
Well.. Im a cloggy too ;) I dont think the new CP is just looking for dutch guys

zeddb
22nd Jan 2014, 20:45
There are likely to be 80 odd type rated and very experienced 744 and 748 cargo pilots on the market in the near future.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Alcione
24th Jan 2014, 17:28
It has been announced that the sales manager from Cargolux has resign. This fellow was truly the engine that moved Cargolux. It's very appreciated from the employees and a very good chap.

Rumors say that he was totally opposed to the acquisition of stake from the Chinese HNCA, and that others probably would follow. We are deeply concerned, as we don't see clear leadership. As a consequence, moral is really low.

Terribly sad news :ugh:

For more information about the company situation, please check the following blog:

egidethein.********.de

It's worth the reading, as the author is Luxemburger and explains beautifully well how things work in that part of Europe. :ok:

Cliff Secord
30th Jan 2014, 13:21
Second Cargolux boss quit - Aircargonews (http://www.aircargonews.net/news/single-view/news/second-cargolux-boss-quit.html)

trancada
30th Jan 2014, 19:32
Today i knew that seems there is a temporary agreement with Lufthansa to, that are flying CRJ to hire Lufthansa Cityline pilots to fullfil CLX requirements for 1,5 year until the company hire all the pilots that they need.

So Lufthansa will pay the type rating to Cityline CRJ pilots , they fly for CLX and then they will be back home to Lufthansa, This is is to avoid the lay-off pilots.

I think this a great decision for our colegues.

trancada
30th Jan 2014, 20:30
I just understod this is a temporary decision.

Cargolux is still doing pilots selection via Interpersonal, as it has been mentioned here in this forum. See the previous posts,

japandwell
30th Jan 2014, 20:56
This has gone back and forth for a while. I know that Cargolux has hired US pilots in the past. These must have been contract guys. Right?

It doen't seem to even be on the table now though.

shockcooling
31st Jan 2014, 12:28
Is there a chance to work 50% let's say after working with them for a couple of years?

japandwell
31st Jan 2014, 22:48
Are you rerferring to part time, working less and paid less than say an 80 hour guarentee? A part time pilot?

varias747
1st Feb 2014, 13:21
Joining CV and hoping for a 50% position, even after some years is not the best idea. Right now they are looking at hiring 70+ pilots full time.
Where you come from is not the most important, do you want to dedicate your career and living in central europe, that`s what you should ask yourself? There are near to none leaving CV, its worth applying!
Cheers.

shockcooling
1st Feb 2014, 16:38
Are you rerferring to part time, working less and paid less than say an 80 hour guarentee? A part time pilot?

No, as in more days home. I would stay 100% pilot, but I can try to fly again more in my spare time as a survey pilot, which I can't do with my current employer, where I would loose too much money ;)

varias747
6th Feb 2014, 12:15
I had no special preparation but it was part of the swiss test (only swiss tested me 5 days).
No physical test, just the 16PF and some multitasking and memory testing.
A short talk and thats it. Second day SIM and Interview.
Right now 74 new pilots will join, one part will be from LH city line.
All the best for the test…..

lostoverfrance
8th Feb 2014, 12:43
Hi,

Are there any current CV pilots living in Germany that can give me the lowdown on the tax situation? there appears to be some rule in the double taxation agreement with Luxembourg that says if you're out of LUX for more than 19 days you get taxed in Germany. Obviously this is undesirable:uhoh:. Any info greatly appreciated as I'm contemplating moving house.

Cheers!

LoF

F/O
8th Feb 2014, 13:59
How long does it normally take before you hear about the result of the assessment in Saarlouis?

varias747
9th Feb 2014, 07:53
It is going fast, since if they screen then they need you. Right now is the right time to apply, although there are >1000 applications in the pipe.

11th Feb 2014, 17:36
Does anyone know how many are doing the assessement per month now?

Flightwatch
13th Feb 2014, 14:38
From today's CV press release - make of it what you will. I suggest it means they are doing well at the moment. Remember only 4 -400Fs have left since the -8F arrived so already a net increase of 5 aircraft.

Cargolux places order for additional Boeing 747-8 Freighter
Luxembourg, 13th February 2014
Cargolux Airlines International today announced that it has ordered an additional 747-8 Freighter from Boeing as part of its ongoing fleet renewal and expansion program. This additional airplane takes the total orders to 14 B747-8F airplanes. It will support the airline’s growth on the back of an expected increase in cargo volumes fueled by a recovery in world trade growth and improved business confidence.
Cargolux currently operates 9 Boeing 747-8 Freighters and 11 Boeing 747-400 Freighters that are successively replaced by the newer model. The additional 747-8 Freighter is expected to be delivered in March 2015. In 2014, the airline will add LX-VCJ and LX-VCK, two of the new generation aircraft from Boeing, to its fleet.
Since the delivery of the first 747-8 Freighter to launch customer Cargolux in 2011, the new aircraft type has proven to be a valuable addition to the airline’s fleet with unsurpassed economics, lower operational costs and environmental advances. The new Cargolux workhorse has shown high dispatch reliability and, in 2013, has achieved an average daily utilization of almost 16 hours, one of the highest in the industry.

LAJ
15th Feb 2014, 09:41
Hello fellow pilots

I am going to the personal interview after having passed the IBF selection in Saarlouis.
I have been informed that the interview will last around 3 hours.
Can anyone tell me what to expect?
Which questions?
Group exercises/discussion?

Any information is highly appriciated...

Thanks...

CLHPILOT
17th Feb 2014, 23:17
Good evening,
I'm one of the Lufthansa Pilots who aim for CLX. I'll be scheduled for an interview early march as far as I know. We are supposed to have a kind of ATP theoretical test. It looks as I'll have to work trough the whole thread to find out what they will be, or can anybody help me out on this?
There are 24 vacancies for Lufthansa Pilots, for a 24 month contract with CLX. So a good chance for me totry out long haul.
I gathered a few information about CLX, but would still appreciate to talk to a clx F/O in personal to find out what it's like to be an CARGOLUX EMPLOYEE AND PILOT!
Maybe I have the chance to see the schedules of your last year.
Hope for some response
Cheers yours
Markus

Skystar02
18th Feb 2014, 15:44
Hello,

Apparently CLX should change their pilot requirements for a position in CLX. There are some "extra" requirements to be suitable. This leaves out of chance to pilots who comply with the requirements (issued) and have been applying for years...:ugh:What a waste of time...

Good luck anyway for those who have that chance...

18th Feb 2014, 17:49
Agree, this is sad news to those who are willing to commit for a future career with Cargolux, but have to wait while others come and go

CLHPILOT
19th Feb 2014, 05:50
Just to make clear that its for LH Cityline Pilots, this got nothing to do with the LH Classic employees. These are 2 different companies with 2 different contracts. If you're working for CLH YOU'll be stuck on CRJ and EMJ. If you wan't to change to LH Classic you have to start by Zero! Even me, after 15 Years of flying "Lufthansa" Aircraft,would start as fresh new F/O with the first salary change! Even the students in Bremen will have a higher seniority than me when it comes to upgrades! As LH Cityline is phasing out their 17 CrJ 700, the company is looking for vacancies for their pilots before starting a social plan! We sent people to Condor, Turkish Airlines some Indonesian operator snd now to CLX.

Indrapoera
20th Feb 2014, 10:09
@ Skystar02 & RedbullGaveMeWings

I honestly don't think there are extra "hidden" requirements. I've been waiting for an invitation for nearly 3 years, don't forget they have a huge stack of CV's. I guess it's just a matter of being paciente and sooner or later you'll get the call! (That's what happened to me at least :ok:)

shockcooling
20th Feb 2014, 10:18
Well, and all you clh pilots did the ibf assessment too?
I worked my ass of for 2 days this month and got a short no thanks mail back. Just figuring out wether I didn't pass the test because of myself or if they got many fo coming over (paid by clh as it seems to be a 2yr deal?)
Did they recently made this deal? As I got my invitation already in November...

Anyway, I wish them all the best, it's a great company to work for :ok:

varias747
20th Feb 2014, 11:59
CLX needs more than 30 pilots from CLH! With >70 new entries this year and possible new hierings in 2015 this is the time to apply.
As they say the deal with LH is a 2-3years deal we will see how many are commiting and how many are going back to CLH or LH, they will have to be replaced.
There are no extra skills requiered, but 70+ open positions and > 2000 applications, you can do the math. It's not much different than trying to join AF BA UA etc.
Good luck for every one trying.

Itchy bum
20th Feb 2014, 18:23
I've an interview coming up for a temporary contract with Cargolux. Maybe only until end of the year. Anyone know what to expect for the interview?

zeddb
21st Feb 2014, 15:54
I've sent you a PM

Z

ATRISGREAT
27th Feb 2014, 07:55
What is the roster like and can you live abroad and commute to Luxembourg, or do you have to live at your base?

I heard cargolux means 3 weeks away from home every month and hard work with days off downroute, is that true?

16down2togo
27th Feb 2014, 19:53
atrisgreat, do the math yourself: one 3 day and one 6 day block off in every 28 day roster plus rest before off plus vac. How do you get to 3 weeks flying per month, it's all in the thread. As I said before, who's not able to extract this basic info from this formidable threat should probably not try the test at all.

varias747
6th Mar 2014, 12:55
The selection process will change since the contract with the agency which was responsible until now is terminated.
The SIM and Interview will remain the same, its done in-house.
It depends how many of the GSS type rated colleges are applying and making it and what the final number of the City Line pilots is (30-40). There is still a demand, the fleet growth continues.
All the best.:ok:

varias747
14th Mar 2014, 23:39
Not yet clear who is conducting the new selections.
They know who will make the upgrade, it is a way to justify if they don't wanna give you the chance, psychological excuses.

trancada
20th Mar 2014, 22:17
Any news? About the new recruiting company?

victor charlie
28th Mar 2014, 19:59
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what exactly to expect at the medical check for the cargolux assessment? I read the whole thread(and web for that matter), but no details to be found....:confused:

Appreciate all input!!

Thanks!

flexto
8th Apr 2014, 11:44
Hello Hans,

Have you already been for IBF test or something else before they gave you "rendez-vous" for an interview in may?
I would like to know the selections process as dr Schwan is now gone...
My status is still ready for IBF for more than 3 weeks now but no news from CLX

Thanks everyone for you reply!

flexto
11th Apr 2014, 16:35
Ok thanks for the info! ;)

Good luck!

Wireless
2nd May 2014, 11:08
Anyone received recent invites? Applied a year ago and told application was awaiting a yay or a nay and had not yet been reviewed due the massive amount of people in que to be looked at. Have the GSS lads and lasses been taken on? See ppjn still says recruiting.

Cheers!

6th May 2014, 09:53
Does anyone know how many pilots are screened each month?

varias747
7th May 2014, 00:34
Currently only applicants with positive test results are hired. Since Dr Schwan is not working with Cargolux anymore the recruitment process is on hold. They have to come up with a solution soon to keep up with the present pace of 6 new pilots per month. They will continue this amount at least until the end of the year.
The average failure rate is about 80%, so 30 candidates per month is a rough number of applicants going thru the process.

Ridinghigh
14th May 2014, 07:47
Hello everyone,

The selection process at Cargolux changed from IBF to Aeromedical center in Holland.

Any one did the assessment there? There is no information on internet about it.

Greetings,

Ridinghigh

Diper79
14th May 2014, 11:44
Also I am looking for info about selction done by aviation medical centre called gpss.

Thx!

747-8driver
15th May 2014, 04:05
Why not just call them.
Contact | Aviation Medical Center (http://aviationmedical.com/contact/)

Ridinghigh
15th May 2014, 14:46
I did, but they said you can not prepare for it. I have a PDF file which shows you all the tests, but there is no software available.

26th May 2014, 15:16
Hi there.

Got an email stating that my application has been changed to "ready for assessement". Does anyone know the timeframe now until assessement, will it be weeks or years?

Regards 1975

victor charlie
4th Jun 2014, 12:16
Hi guys,

also got the email today stating I am 'Ready for assessment' and that I will be contacted for an assessment appointment during the next weeks. Just have to wait I guess...

Riding high, would you mind sharing this PDF file with us?

Anyway, if anyone has some news, info or whatever, this would be highly appreciated!

Thanks and happy landings.

Ridinghigh
5th Jun 2014, 13:50
You can find it on the aeromedical center website :)

Diper79
7th Jun 2014, 12:47
Dear All,

I am invited for the second round of selection next week.

Does anyone have fresh information about group exercise, interview and sim screening? What questions can I expect during the interview? Is it personal questions or technical?

Would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Diper79

worldie
7th Jun 2014, 17:00
Hi Diper 79

Congratulations. Do you have an update on the first round?

Kind regards

Morane1981
9th Jun 2014, 19:23
Hello Diper 79,

That´s great news! Congratulations for passing the first round!

I don´t have any information about the second step but would be very happy for any details about the first step ;-)

What can I expect and how did you prepare for it?

Thank you very much.

Cheers
Morane

victor charlie
21st Jun 2014, 16:08
Hi everyone,

It's seems to be difficult to get info on the new screening process. Since it's so different from the old one, the 'screening-info' in this thread isnt of much use anymore. :ugh:

So I would like to ask everyone who has undergone the new selection process, (1st and /or 2nd round) to please share their information on it.

Many, many thanks to all!! :ok:

19th Jul 2014, 00:48
What!? More info please:ooh:

trancada
20th Jul 2014, 08:55
Really??????

16down2togo
20th Jul 2014, 18:31
Nope! That's ground staff only! Pilot hiring and training will continue.

23rd Jul 2014, 04:13
I got my final confirmation and info package sent from AMC today for the assessement in Hoofdorp in late august, hope that will not be cancelled?

Indrapoera
23rd Jul 2014, 10:09
@1975,

Out of curiosity, are you being screened for Cargolux or Cargolux Italia?

I would be surprised if recruitment has been put on hold.. More aircraft will be joining the fleet soon and everybody's flying more or less flat out already.

Good luck anyway!

24th Jul 2014, 05:19
Thanks Indrapeora, for Cargolux

Morane1981
25th Aug 2014, 15:07
Good evening to everybody.

I would like to ask, if anybody has some details about the second recruitment step in Luxembourg?

E.g.
- Will there be some group interview, assessment and what will it be like?
- will the interview be only with personal questions or technical questions as well?
- what will happen in the simulator?

Thank you very much for your information 😊

Cheers
Morane

C56XL
26th Aug 2014, 09:39
Hi Morane1981,

could you be so kind and give some details about the first step?

Thank you very much:ok:

Kind regards

C56XL

Airbusguy320
26th Aug 2014, 17:17
Is there any news about the hiring stop?
Does anybody know why this is? Maybe they can't follow with the training?

Saab0409
26th Aug 2014, 17:23
Still invited to the first round of assessment in Holland. Would appreciate any experiences so far!

Thanks a million

bartvdw
29th Aug 2014, 13:38
Day starts at 08:45.

Whole day of computer test consisting of math, diagrams, English reading test, long term memory test, multitasking, basically any test you can think of is in it.
You will have a lunch break (don't have to pay for it). You can give yourself small breaks between test.
Somewhere in the day the psychologist comes in and you go for small talk (30 min) in the office, at the end of that you'll be given a case study and get 10 min to prepare. This play is done with two psychologist (one is your role play partner, the other is observing).
More test until the end of the day on the computer. Day finishes around 16:00/17:00 depending on how fast you go with the tests.

Result of the test is given 2-3 days later and gives a full report of your performance and at the end of it it says whether you meet Cargolux requirements or not.

So now, does anyone has information on the second round? Highly appreciate any info on that.

Regards

29th Aug 2014, 16:45
I did the first stage today, last post describes it pretty much. Friendly atmosohere, but a loooong day :)

gaza10
29th Aug 2014, 23:21
out of interest...what kind of math was involved?

could you elaborate on the sections a little please? :)

Morane1981
30th Aug 2014, 03:27
Day starts at 08:45.

Whole day of computer test consisting of math, diagrams, English reading test, long term memory test, multitasking, basically any test you can think of is in it.
You will have a lunch break (don't have to pay for it). You can give yourself small breaks between test.
Somewhere in the day the psychologist comes in and you go for small talk (30 min) in the office, at the end of that you'll be given a case study and get 10 min to prepare. This play is done with two psychologist (one is your role play partner, the other is observing).
More test until the end of the day on the computer. Day finishes around 16:00/17:00 depending on how fast you go with the tests.

Result of the test is given 2-3 days later and gives a full report of your performance and at the end of it it says whether you meet Cargolux requirements or not.

So now, does anyone has information on the second round? Highly appreciate any info on that.

Regards

That's exactly my experience as well.regarding maths it has been math wording exercises. You are allowed to use the Microsoft calculator and the desktop text field most of the times. It makes sense to train to use that before, as it is very different to the use of paper and pencil. It takes more time and time is very limited of course!! In addition there are 100eds of psychological questions which you can only answer by yes or know or where you have to decide between a statement.
All in all a very relaxed and good atmosphere !

Good luck to everybody

Chewwy00
30th Aug 2014, 07:34
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience Bart!
At least someone is sharing on this forum!
Bart, did you prepare yourself? If yes, how, with what software? Thanks.
As far as the second round goes, from what I've heard from a guy that just got in (a month ago) you 'll get an interview with the chief pilot or some high raking equivalent monitored by a psychologist. Questions at the interview are general ATPL knowledge, more specifically the part A and your actual aircraft systems and limitations knowledge.
Then there is another group exercise monitored by psychologists (not sure if this one is part of the first round or second round though...)
That's it... If you succeed in there, you'll head for the third round which is the sim...
Good luck!
Regards,

Chewy

teobull
30th Aug 2014, 17:06
How did you prepare for the first stage? Skytest?
Thanks

C56XL
30th Aug 2014, 18:21
Hi,
so no atpl questions in the first round?

Thx for all the informations:ok:

Morane1981
31st Aug 2014, 04:58
No ATPL questions in the first round!
No explicit English test as well, as everything happens in English anyway.

C56XL
31st Aug 2014, 20:18
Thanks a lot for all the information:ok: How did you prepare yourself for the first round? Did you use the skytest? I try to do some different cbt's.

victor charlie
31st Aug 2014, 20:49
Thanks so much for your report!!
What kind of Role play did you get?

Cheers!!

victor charlie
31st Aug 2014, 21:17
And what is specifically meant by 'Part A'? I didn't do English ATPL....

Thanks!

Varig
8th Sep 2014, 17:44
Do You need to have european citizenship or right to work and live there to apply? They dont mention this on their requirements like other airlines usually do

Parkbremse
10th Sep 2014, 11:30
Has anybody with a positive on requirement feedback heard anything from Cargolux about the next steps so far? Waiting for awhile now and was wondering whether its just me or the whole recruitment process is on hold for now. Feedback greatly appreciated, thanks :-)

trancada
10th Sep 2014, 13:48
I applyed for them since one year ago, i update my application, regulary. No answer until now

Chewwy00
11th Sep 2014, 08:04
From what I heard (two buddies flying there), morale is low: people working 25-26 days a month right now. A lot of people leaving towards Middle East because they cannot get a stable roster/social life with Cargolux...
Time to command is another reason for them to leave:more than 12-13 years.

Hiring resumed to normal process now.

Cheers,

Chewy

Wireless
11th Sep 2014, 08:24
Wow that's not good. I thought they recieved 10 days off every 28 days and could attach leave to those days. Has that system gone?

16down2togo
11th Sep 2014, 10:17
No it's not. And it is not even practiced unless you are one of the greedy ones
who sell all their off-days!

Indrapoera
11th Sep 2014, 10:25
Chewwy, If you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything then.

From what I heard (two buddies flying there), morale is low: people working 25-26 days a month right now.

This is absolute rubbish! In the current 28 day roster period I'm only working 14 and this is without one single day of holiday/ vacation leave.
People who're working flat out are selling their OFF days, this is a voluntary thing so if your buddies are complaining about this, they're the only ones to blame.

A lot of people leaving towards Middle East because they cannot get a stable roster/social life with Cargolux…
Time to command is another reason for them to leave:more than 12-13 years

The rosters in cargolux have always been unstable, that's part of the deal I would say. I heard of a few people leaving for the ME, but most of them are captains anyway. Time to command is long, but that's the same with every respectable company. And from what I hear the times of quick commands in the ME are over anyway.

Maybe morale has been better but this has nothing to do with the arguments you came up with… :=

lancilov
12th Sep 2014, 07:07
INDRAPOERA, it seems you know what you are talking about.
What I don't get is, why would ANYONE leave the left seat position with cargolux, as its payed more that any ME airline, plus the pension is massive which only comes on top...? unless you are from ME, i really can't see why someone would leave... can you please explain, if you know the guys? thanks man

lancilov
12th Sep 2014, 07:54
cheeck, thanks for the info...
Obviously, even in CLX its not all roses, but of course it depends on the individual what they want from life...

g109
13th Sep 2014, 14:28
Good day,

what sort of gross and net pay can I expect as a new joiner FO, what sort of increments do you have?
also, what is the net pay for a year 1 capt.

Married, no children.

Thanks

newscaster
15th Sep 2014, 09:09
Have they resumed Karachi?

Wireless
16th Sep 2014, 08:14
Regarding the floating days off: Do they "move" around quite a lot even when you're close to them, say 3-4 days to go? Also can the company replace those floating days off with work if they wish and move them to a later roster or do they have to give you them in that 28 day period?

Could anyone be so kind to pm me an example of a roster? Much appreciated.

Thanks, Wireless

sled dog
29th Sep 2014, 14:07
Local media are reporting CV pilots starting a "work to rule" action in response to rumours of out-sourcing jobs, etc.

Buster Hyman
1st Oct 2014, 22:26
Yowsers! (Sorry if already up...I'll delete if so)
dumpert.nl - Welkom aan boord dames en heren (http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6619330/8a4e8935/welkom_aan_boord_dames_en_heren.html)

South Prince
15th Oct 2014, 13:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnBr3enzW1I

Just came across the video, even test pilots do not dare something similar. Never flew the queen of skies but looks scary.

Cliff Secord
15th Oct 2014, 15:00
So that's why the flowers for sale in my local shop all have squashed heads, petals missing.

ymdemar
26th Oct 2014, 11:07
Hi Morane, I'll have the test in November. Could you tell me more about the small talk and the case study please?
Thank you.

lancilov
29th Oct 2014, 10:51
couchpotatoe,

I have been reading cx thread for several years now, so as far as I have seen in previous posts, you are a credible person...
I have received an email they will call me for assessment soon, however if what you are saying is true, i aint coming...
Is this the result of recent union negotiations?
Are these conditions now black on white, or is something being considered?

Thanks

safelife
8th Nov 2014, 15:10
One should be aware that starting 2016 an accommodation no further than 90 min driving time away from base will be legally required (EASA FTL), and to be proven by the pilot (hotel room is sufficient).
Commuting from further away will then require an apartment nearby, or a hotel room before each rotation.
TNT pays for the hotel at base, I think Cargolux don't.

Wireless
30th Jan 2015, 01:11
What's the honest latest with Cargolux recruitment?

I waited years to be in a position to apply to them. I've had an application with Cargolux for nearly 2 years. I've rung interpersonal and they just say the application is still waiting to be viewed by Cargolux, nothing they can do. It's not even been looked at. Yet I read they are still recruiting.

I can't understand it. B744 rated, 3500 hours total, EASA ATPL. Only thing I can think of is my UK address puts me at the bottom. I keep a keen eye on all references to CV. I see the ppjn reference says they're still recruiting but the future is uncertain.

lancilov
30th Jan 2015, 08:34
I was just re reading few posts back...
1 passed first stage, waiting for second stage.

Couchpotatoe, you were saying if you get in before conditions get worse its ok, and otherwise its a tough decision.

I try to undersand this as more sooner than later, CWA will be signed and conditions will be ****. What does this mean for people on the old contract, ie if yours is signed before this new deal?

I thought everyone is in the same both and all conditions will reduce, regardless of you having old or new contract?

In my company we have a contract with employer and then base agreement "contract" and that can change (ie small increase in basic pay, per diems, etc) but not the contract basic salary ( it technically can also, but historically never has so, but i didnt keep up with inflation either)

This CWA, what does it represent, an entire employee contract? So in that case it affects only ppl that come after it has been signed and ppl prior that are still "ok" ...
Future seems uncertain

Thanks

lancilov
30th Jan 2015, 08:39
Well, honestly, i did selection in ams on monday and got told tuesday i fit the requirement for cargolux and waiting now for 2nd stage.

At my selection, there was only 1 other applicant; cca 55-60 year old guy, i beleive he was going for cargolux italia as DEC, but i am only assuming this as he was italian, and the administrator told me he aint here for joining mainline cargolux, but we did have some similar tests, only i had few more that cx requires extra...

Strange if you already have a 74 rating they dont take yu, its cheaper...
No idea man, sori

PropDude
1st Feb 2015, 18:16
Flight Experience Option B-2:

3,000 hours total time
2,000 hours are on high performance turboprop or jet (ATR 72 Canadair CRJ100, CRJ200, CRJ700 Challenger 600, 601, 604 Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 Embraer 135, 145,170, 190 Falcon 50, 50EX, 900, 900EX, 2000, 2000EX, 7X Gulfstream II, III, IV, V Saab 2000)

Flight Experience Option C:

On a multi-pilot turbo-jet aeroplane certificated to the standards of CS-25 or equivalent airworthiness code or on a multi-pilot turbo-prop aeroplane having a maximum certificated take-off mass of not less than 10 tonnes or a certificated passenger seating configuration of more than 19 passengers, at least 500 hours flight time or 100 route sectors.

I don't get this...:ugh:

So someone with 500hours and or 100sectors on the q400 can apply ? :confused:
Then why do they have the B-2 Option?

Yellowbird89
1st Feb 2015, 22:17
Someone going to Amsterdam in February for GPSS?

teobull
3rd Feb 2015, 09:36
A friend of mine is scheduled for Amsterdam Assessment on the 13th of February.

Nero7
9th Feb 2015, 07:49
I just got the message that I am up for the first round of tests at the AMC in Amsterdam.
Does anyone know what kind of test they use and if there is any training software available? Or even something about these psychological assessments.
Any info is appreciated.

Yellowbird89
16th Feb 2015, 17:41
Hi ,

Now i passed also selection 1 waiting for step 2. are you still waiting for the Interview ? I do so

Cheers

C56XL
17th Feb 2015, 08:37
Hi,
Could you be so kind and give some information about the the first step?
What kind of tests etc...

born2flybig
17th Feb 2015, 09:44
How long did you have to wait for the results?

Rgds

Baldur29
19th Feb 2015, 22:19
Just 1 1/2 days...

Clapampa
20th Feb 2015, 11:16
Either for good or bad result? .....one week waiting... Still no reply ... I'm afraid it means nothing good...

Baldur29
24th Feb 2015, 08:29
I've send you an PN.

Clapampa
24th Feb 2015, 08:58
Replied on PN... Thanks!

Climb360
24th Feb 2015, 09:23
Guys, I received the email from IP this morning that I have been placed "on the waiting list to possible be invited for assessment... This could take several months."

Anyone have any experience how long this usually takes? By PM if you prefer :ok:

Frolic
24th Feb 2015, 11:37
It took 3 weeks until I got an email from the aviation medical center regarding an appointment for the assessment.

philou
24th Feb 2015, 13:03
Great...I'm still waiting since late June 2014...:ugh:

Climb360
24th Feb 2015, 13:51
Anyone invited to the assessment care to share their experience?

Just trying to get an idea of the minimum requirements that they actually invite, because the three groups as set by IP are pretty widespread...

Frolic
24th Feb 2015, 18:53
FO 5500hrs B738
currently doing A320 typerating :(

Baldur29
24th Feb 2015, 20:05
Hi, may I ask you when was your Assessment in AMS?

16down2togo
24th Feb 2015, 21:11
The division of requirements is most likely to be explained by the lesser requirements of our southerly dependance.
Beware of it, it's your life and it's going to bite you at one point, promise!

HURZ
25th Feb 2015, 23:34
As 16td2go alreay said.... watch out. Most, if not all jobs offered are down in our slavery sister Cargolux Italia. You will most likely regret to join this outfit since T&Cs are most likely worse the Ryanair....Even joining mainline in LUX could become an unwanted adventure. If you have a good and secure job, think twice... Flying a 747 is not worth an adventure you might regret one day...
HURZ

Cliff Secord
25th Feb 2015, 23:45
Why would joining mainline possibly be an unwanted adventure? Are things heading that bad?

Also, I thought it was a separate process to join ICV rather than you apply thinking you're going for mainline to find out the jobs actually for the terrible conditions at Italia?

Climb360
26th Feb 2015, 05:25
As far as I can tell, the recruitment for Cargolux Italia is run separately by Interpersonal. I did not apply for the Italy branch, only mainline.

Pyro87
26th Feb 2015, 10:55
Hey guys,

how long did you wait after you passed the first stage for the Interview in Luxemburg?

I would be pleased to receive any informations concerning the 2. stage of the assessment. You can send me a pm.

Thanks a lot!

16down2togo
26th Feb 2015, 21:35
Well I'm not to experienced with online applications but I just had a curious look and there is just a cv and no icv possibility anymore on career.aero.
So where do you apply for ICV or is it already the same???
Interesting!

polaris79
3rd Mar 2015, 20:58
Hi guys,
Might be a stupid question but no where does it mention that you need an EASA license or the right to live and work in the EU for Cargolux.. Is this the case? I would love to apply but not sure if I'm wasting my time as a New Zealander!

16down2togo
3rd Mar 2015, 21:35
O we do have our Kiwi here and a very eloquent one, but I'm afraid
as much fun as he is, he has a british passport and license as well.
Generally it's a EASA and the right to live and work in the EU unfortunately.
But try, good luck!

polaris79
4th Mar 2015, 02:13
Thanks 16down. Il whack an app in anyway. Nothing to lose.

capster
5th Mar 2015, 14:25
Cargolux (CV, Luxembourg) chairman Paul Helminger told staff representatives and union officials at a meeting last week that the airline will require USD100 million in annual capital injections in order to meet its future financial commitments in addition to remaining competitive.

The Luxemburger Wort says Helminger described the freight specialist's financial situation as "very serious" adding that contentious plans to grow Cargolux Italia (C8, Milan Malpensa) are among Cargolux's last resort options to remain afloat.

"Long gone are the days when Cargolux was making annual profits of USD200-300 million annually. In 2013 it lost money and while returning to the black last year, the estimated profit was only USD12 million. So cash is an issue," OGBL union spokesman Hubert Ollerich said.

The move, however, has drawn severe criticism from the Luxembourg Confederation of Christian Trade Unions (LCGB) and Luxembourg’s pilot association (ALPL) which claim the decision to transfer an aircraft to Italy, and 25 jobs along with it, amounts to a forced cost-cutting programme that could lead to more outsourcing in the future. Talks between management and the unions concerning the Italian venture have yet to reach an agreement.

The Lloyds Loading List news site reports unions are also unhappy about plans to establish Cargolux China (Zhengzhou) - a joint-venture between the Luxembourg carrier and the Zhengzhou-based Henan Civil Aviation Development & Investment Company (HNCA) which already owns a 35% stake in Cargolux.

Under its current shareholding, HNCA will hold 51% of the joint-venture with Cargolux to hold 24%. While there is provision for other Luxembourg shareholders to control the remaining 25% stake, unions are concerned that should no suitable local partner be found, Cargolux would lack blocking rights on strategic decisions.

The Cargolux China subsidiary is currently undergoing a feasibility study with results likely to be out later in the year.

nose door
11th Mar 2015, 19:56
I find it quite ironic that every CV page I look at, even above this one, has a advert for EK looking for F/O's! So, my advice to all you budding CV wannbee's, unless you are desperate to live in a slowly bankrupting europe, with airlines that have the same amount of respect for their employee's as their Gulf counterparts, look closely at EK and Ethihad, forget QR, you'll get no respect there, but the when you join them at least you know what your getting into! As a F/o of over 10 years, i wish i had had this info when i was younger, and had not wasted my life in an airline where you have great crews, great friends, great destinations, great A/C, but **** senior management, no respect, lies, broken promises, threats, and more lies, and a dark future by management wanting cuts from pilots year in year out, to keep up their ever increasing bonus! Then by all means go ahead, but don't be fooled, i cannot see it getting better, and so polish up my CV for BS that i know are true!

ND. :ugh:

Chewwy00
13th Mar 2015, 07:29
Cargolux and Unions show will to compromise
Luxembourg, 12th March 2015
Today’s meeting yielded movement on both sides

The Cargolux management met with representatives of the unions OGB‑L and LCGB today to drive forward negotiations on a new collective work agreement. The meeting was held in an open and constructive atmosphere and both sides showed their mutual willingness to compromise. The number of open items was significantly reduced and a common ground has been reached on several points. All agreements are subject to the approval of the Cargolux Board of Directors.

Both parties arranged to set up working groups that will establish the collective work agreement texts on the closed, or close to being closed, items. While Cargolux dropped its call for time unit freezes, OGB-L agreed to lower entry salaries for new hires of both ground staff and pilots. Excellent progress was also made on other crew-related items which are close to a settlement.

The Cargolux management showed its willingness to cap the disputed growth of Cargolux Italia to four aircraft which was welcomed by the union representatives. Additionally, Cargolux will introduce a further aircraft to its Luxembourg-based fleet.

However, no progress has been made on Cargolux’s request to raise the number of available crew duty days to a minimum of 200 per year, up from the 186 today. Pilot representatives unfortunately indicated no willingness to move forward on this demand and still show a strong resistance without a reasonable counteroffer. The number of 200 crew duty days is still lower than the industry average; as a comparison, Cargolux Italia crews work 236 days per year.

The negotiations are still going on and are expected to continue into the night.

747-8driver
13th Mar 2015, 19:23
I don't care how many days others work.
Even if the ICV people would work 365 days a year I would not be willing to give away any off-day.
It would be extremely disappointing for all the Cargolux first officers if the unions would let Cargolux Italia even expand beyond what they have right now.
They should insist on the closure of that money losing company.

CargoOne
14th Mar 2015, 15:47
747-8driver
I don't care how many days others work.
Even if the ICV people would work 365 days a year I would not be willing to give away any off-day.

Hopefully you realise that by taking this position "I don't care" you opening more and more possibilities to the other side not to care about you and your opinion either. If productivity is lower than industry average you can fairly expect to find yourself on the street along with all others and airline in the receivership one day.

747-8driver
14th Mar 2015, 18:04
So you assume that "the other side" care about us and that our "productivity is lower than industry average".
Really?

CargoOne
17th Mar 2015, 17:25
I am not involved in CV so I only say what I hear. Productivity can be measured in a few ways but generally speaking this is flying time, roster patterns, days on/off. For airline it makes a big difference whether pilot is available 14 days or 23 days even he flies the same 85..90 hours per month

sled dog
15th Apr 2015, 19:55
Local media reporting three pilots, not that it makes much difference...

main_dog
15th Apr 2015, 20:05
spaghetti land

Oh dear, your prejudice is shining through again Mansaloco

:ugh:

HURZ
17th Apr 2015, 23:02
As simple as that....
Stay where u r. CV is on very steep dive and will most likely not recover from it with current or even new management. Sad but true...
Good luck,
hurz

turboseven
18th Apr 2015, 07:15
Luxemburger Wort - Pilotes espionnés: c'est légal (http://www.wort.lu/fr/economie/licenciements-chez-cargolux-pilotes-espionnes-c-est-legal-5530eb630c88b46a8ce578d2)

For a long time, I thought all hope was lost for this great airline. A few rotten apples have cultured the negative sentiment to ensure that they can keep on misusing the the humane side of this company and the unequalled social security of Luxembourg.

Would you want to work for a company that condones such misuse and unequal treatment, at your expense?

Alcione
20th Apr 2015, 06:34
First of all, I’m a discipline supporter, so everybody has to be treated equally. For a given input, you must have the same output. Let me say that I like your Socratic way of explaining your point of view. So let me give some others. The readers are very smart, so we can allow them to have their own point of view.

- Why happens this now, and not two years ago, for example?

- Is the loss of license rate consistent with the sick rate? Could be this related to the rosters and our way of life i.e flying round the world in five days, sometimes three times per roster? Yes/no

- This absenteeism is consistent with the dozens of drop offs of the last two years? Yes/no

- Are ground people treated the same way or are only the pilots? Yes/no

- Could the same guy who made the infamous ‘wing wave’ have the ethical background and strength to take such actions? Yes/no

- If some people were taken unjustified sick leaves, would not make sense to invite them for a coffee without cookies session and try to find a different solution? It’s not better to give them unpaid leave, part time or early retirement, being cost neutral (of course)? It’s not better to invite them to leave, even? It’s not better to do this ratter than damaging the image and reputation or the company? Yes/no

turboseven
21st Apr 2015, 18:01
- Why happens this now, and not two years ago, for example?
I do not know. I believe that many have concluded that it is to put pressure on the unions to move on with the CWA. I doubt that even your current management is that masochistic.

- Is the loss of license rate consistent with the sick rate? Could be this related to the rosters and our way of life i.e flying round the world in five days, sometimes three times per roster? Yes/no
Burn-outs and depressions would probably be a better indicator. How many LoL's does CLX have in year nowadays? Have the underlying diagnoses been related to the workload?

- This absenteeism is consistent with the dozens of drop offs of the last two years? Yes/no
Drop offs?

- Are ground people treated the same way or are only the pilots? Yes/no
I guess would answer no, if you are pilot.

- Could the same guy who made the infamous ‘wing wave’ have the ethical background and strength to take such actions? Yes/no
Good one. Was he not fired?

- If some people were taken unjustified sick leaves, would not make sense to invite them for a coffee without cookies session and try to find a different solution? It’s not better to give them unpaid leave, part time or early retirement, being cost neutral (of course)? It’s not better to invite them to leave, even? It’s not better to do this ratter than damaging the image and reputation or the company? Yes/no
Even better: complete prevention. How? IWBFIK.

HIGH5
22nd Apr 2015, 09:34
Changing the subject slightly has anyone heard any more regarding recruitment?

I had an AMC assessment which was cancelled and now replaced with DLR.

I have a reasonable idea of what to expect but any information would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

fda747
29th Apr 2015, 13:49
Published on Wednesday, 29 April, 2015 at 10:42

(CS) The Italian subsidiary of freight airline Cargolux repeatedly violated flight safety rules, a letter from the Luxembourg Directorate for Civil Aviation (DAC) shows.

Cargolux Italia in 2011 in at least seven cases violated rules on flight and duty time limitations. On a number of routes the airline did not have enough qualified pilots on staff, leading to a shortage on flights. Regulation foresees that at least two qualified pilots are in the cockpit for all flights, which is increased to three on flights with a duration of more than 13 hours.

An external audit was launched in Italy; however, Luxembourg authorities were not made aware of the issue until December last year. The DAC contacted Italian civil aviation authority ENAC, which confirmed the allegations.

The DAC's then director Christiane Weidenhaupt in turn sent a letter to Cargolux, a copy of which was made accessible to the “Luxemburger Wort”.

The vice-president flight operations apparently involved in the violations left Cargolux Italia four years ago. “[The pilot] informed us of his resignation. For this reason we did not launch an official procedure against him,” a letter from ENAC to the DAC states.

However, the pilot returned to parent company Cargolux and after two years was promoted to the flight safety division. He is currently in discussion for a position on the airline's executive committee.

Wing-wave and safety concerns

Just half a year ago, the VP flight operations made headlines for a so-called wing-wave manoeuvre during the take-off of a new Cargolux Boeing from Seattle. He was in the cockpit at the time as the responsible flight safety officer.

The wing-wave was not the only incident raising concern over flight safety. In 2013, Cargolux carried out the transport of the Solar-Impulse plane from Switzerland to the US. However, several other airlines had refused the job over the short runway at Payerne airport. It was suggested that Basel or Zurich would be more suitable.

Cargolux nonetheless carried out the flight. Videos and photos on the internet documenting the landing in Payerne raise safety concerns. Once again, the same VP flight operations was on board.

Cargolux CEO Dirk Reich commented to the “Luxemburger Wort” that flight safety is a top priority for the airline. He was not aware of the DAC's letter until Tuesday, he claimed. “I never got that letter,” Reich said.

General assembly

Cargolux management on Wednesday will gather for a general assembly, with the airline set to present its 2014 figures.

The freight carrier has recently experienced some turbulence, with negotiations for a new collective work agreement with unions far from reaching a conclusion. Unions have criticised a decision to transfer planes to Cargolux Italia, which they regard as a first step in outsourcing of activities.

Additionally, the recent dismissal of four pilots for allegedly violating the conditions of sick leave saw the airline suspected of using private detectives to spy on its employees.

Reporting by Laurence Bervard

rolandpull
4th May 2015, 20:12
7 jets parked up outside the large maint hangar tonight, unusual?

Primary Governor
28th May 2015, 23:13
I applied about two weeks ago to Cargolux.

Received this email today.

Dear Mr. ..........,

your status has been changed to "Limited Release". This means that from your supplied data, it appears that you meet the 'reduced' requirements to continue the Cargolux selection process.

There are two main requirements that you need to fulfill - they are:

You need to be qualified for a Zero Flight Time Training on B747, and
When trained by us, you need to meet the requirements to take your ATPL skilltest, right after your type rating is completed.
The details to meet the above requirements can be found in the download area under:

"ZFTT requirements" and
"ATPL requirements"

Please download the files and follow the instructions therein. After you have filled in the forms, please upload them into you profile on Career.Aero and let us know by email or by telephone, so that we can continue to process your application.

Sincerely yours,

Cargolux Recruitment

Positive? Or just routine do you think?

I'm closest to "flight experience option C".
https://www.career.aero/cargolux/en/job/show/id/1012

dboy
30th May 2015, 08:27
Hi PG

10 months ago i got the same answer as you did. I fulfilled all the required paperwork and then i got a reply that Cargolux would contact me. Never heard anything. I have no clue what is going on. But i guess airline guys get priority.

Grtz

Primary Governor
30th May 2015, 09:50
Thanks dboy, I won't hold my breath then!!

jiggi
31st May 2015, 18:24
I have exactly same experience as dboy.

Airbusguy320
18th Jun 2015, 21:02
I heard they have called people on the waiting list for CLX to go and fly in Italia on a temporary contract. Not good news if it' true...

youri1988
30th Jul 2015, 08:58
Do you have any idea what will be the starting salary with the new working agreement? Also how big is the reduction in days OFF and vacation days?

HIGH5
30th Jul 2015, 11:11
I would also be very interested to hear of any further details following these changes to new hire t&c's/pay scales.
I have an interview scheduled and it would be good to have as much information beforehand so any further insights would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

dash_eight
31st Jul 2015, 04:10
This new CWA is not yet a fact or signed by all relevant parties, though if the rumors about this new CWA are true Cargolux is a place to stay far away from for experienced pilots or generally anybody who takes this profession serious.
In a very short version, Cargolux has two unions and the union that represents most of the office employees will probably sign a CWA that is highly damaging for the flight crews, just to make sure they will not have to give in. The 'flight crew union' is fighting hard since this is clearly illegal, but its not sure they will succeed. Welcome to Luxembourg.

This will mean for new pilots only;
- Up to (not known exactly, but likely) 26 more duty days per year.
- Huge decrease in salary and thus pension etc. See previous post.
- Unlikely to ever get command if Cargolux-Italia is allowed to grow (no promises there either) and the new Cargolux-China venture is hiring its own Chinese pilots instead of using Lux-based pilots.
- Takes 5 years before you finally get a 13th month salary.

This will mean for ALL pilots, even currently employed;
- Even longer upgrade (if ever), depending on Cargolux-Italy future. But does not look bright at all.
- 'Enhanced fidelity premium package'; you will have to give in off-days when you call in sick, per calendar year.
- And worst of all; to 'ensure equal treatment' between office-tigers and flightcrew (what a comparison...) we will highly likely move from good, downtown hotels to cheap airport hotels and fly economy class during the sometimes 20-30hrs of commercial positioning around the world per roster, instead of business class.

Again, its not sure if we will really get this CWA new but management clearly does not make a secret out of it what they have in mind.

Think twice.

youri1988
31st Jul 2015, 10:27
All right guys, thanks for the information!

Morane1981
30th Aug 2015, 14:50
What I don't understand is, why the pilot union doesn't act against all these new conditions. In companies like Air France, Lufthansa etc there would be a major strike and fight against all this?!

How does this job offer to Air Berlin pilots interfere with the pilots which already passed the clx assessment and which are waiting for contract since months?

TheRednosedReindeer
1st Sep 2015, 05:36
Hi Morane,

you must understand that Luxembourg is a very small country. The membership basis of a union is consequently very small, therefore the professional manpower available to a union is limited. That fact does not contribute to an equal playing field between employer and employees.

Luxembourg also has a very conservative strike law. Strike is only possible after an official, state-governed conciliation process has been officially declared unsuccessful. This has not happened in Luxembourgish history to date.

Then again, if employers have to abide with the law on their part, is another question. Strange enough i.e., when the Direction Aviation Civile went after Cargolux for violating FTL rules in Italy, the head of the DAC Christiane Weidenhaupt was fired by the government.
The company has an "Ethics Code", printed on shiny paper in a very nice design & layout. It includes a "disciplinary policy". According to that policy, you have to receive two warning letters first, before a regular dismissal can take place.
The four guys fired in March (or was it April?) did not get warning letters, as far as I know.

We will certainly fight for our conditions, but nobody knows at this point what the end result will be.

Cheers, Rudolph

Morane1981
1st Sep 2015, 09:21
Hello Rudolph,
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
I didn't know the situation in Lux, now I understand.

Let's hope the best for all of us...

Cheers

pilotscott
10th Sep 2015, 15:00
Hi,

Anyone got some useful information regarding the new DLR assessment format for Cargolux? Got one coming up at the end of the month.

I called interpersonal, they basically told me it was the first round for CV. If you pass then the applicant can expect a Sim and interview in Luxembourg.

Hopefully they sort out all their little 'issues'. Heard that the last few who passed everything were only offered ICV contracts (even having only applied for CV).

Seems like the pilots are doing their best to keep the same T&C but the battle is still ongoing. Anyone else out there got some useful intel on this matter?

Fly safe.

pilotarosa
10th Sep 2015, 18:06
Hello do you have DLR on the 17th? If yes we probably meet there! Ps most useful info on dlr i found were from pprune, but if you speak german apparently you can find loads of info on germans websites

Flykri
14th Sep 2015, 07:39
Hi all,

for info, it looks like the new joiners are presently offered a one year contract at ICV before being able to join CV. By then, the management assumes that the negociations for the new CWA will be over and that the only option for the pilots willing to join CV, after their one year contract, will be to accept the new conditions in the CWA.

Cheers

pilotscott
14th Sep 2015, 15:28
Thanks for sharing this information. May new applicants assume to be offered the CV contract after 1 year? As in, this is written black on white?

Also, anyone know how the type rating is financed at ICV/CV?

JumboJet1999
17th Sep 2015, 12:46
Well, after reading these posts for the past few weeks, I think it's time for me to aspire to a different dream job. :(

How did Cargolux, go from one of the best out there for pilot T&C's to one of the worst?! :confused:

Cliff Secord
17th Sep 2015, 17:28
It's called greed. Squeeze the lemon for juice, squeeze harder until no juice left.

Unchecked capitalism doesn't work. One day, someone gets greedy. Tries to do something cheaper by squeezing their costs. Then they're all at it. The big lie of the century is those at the top of the management capitalist structure blaming their soldiers- those who provide profit for those at the top - for not reaping enough financial harvest. Those at the top still want as big as a slice of the pie and are unwilling to share dwindling returns due to bad card playing. They fail to look their operation in the mirror and realise where it really is wrong. Them.

Have you ever met a poor airline director? A poor board member? Thought not. Airlines talk about risk and costs like parts on a car. People working for them in the capitalist world are just an ant farm to be abused when playing their game. Greedy sods they are forget its people they're playing with.

Their time will come and they'll answer for it. When the games over the pawns and the kings go back in the same box

pilotarosa
30th Sep 2015, 11:50
Hello has anyone from the selections of the 17th heard anything back?

piet85
19th Oct 2015, 07:50
Hello pilotarosa,

Do you maybe know where I can find a database with atpl questions for the Cargolux DLR. I have mine at the end of this month. Thank you!

pilotarosa
23rd Oct 2015, 07:26
Hello,
about the DLR ATPL questions if you search on prune for Lufthansa Italia you will find a wealth of very very valuable information. that may seem old (2005) but they aren't.
the test you get are the one that they sent you, plus an extra small test at the end. But this test you really can not prepare for. Good news is, that in my opinion it was the easiest of the day.
Other suggestion is to just relax and take each test as it comes, once done forget about it. it seems obvious but it works.

Good luck

piet85
26th Oct 2015, 10:24
Thank you pilotarosa for the information! On the Lufthansa italia link I found this:
1- what's the function of the eustachian tube?to equalize the pressure in the ear
2-what part of the ear is responsive for equilibrium?the otholit
3- function of hemoglobin?oxygen to the body
4-environmental capture?something to do with skill rule
5-main factor in global weather changes?heating of the earth
6-causes of windshear?strong temperate inversion
7-if you cool an air mass to its dewpoint?umidity 100%
8-if maintaining constant angle of attack the airspeed is 3 times faster what happens to lift?9 times bigger
9-some question regarding airspeed: answer is crate mach
10- question about traveling along parallel 60N: answer 1800nm (cosine of 60=0.5)
11-what is a rate 1 turn? 3°/second
12- the sun is 40°W, when will it be at 85°W?After 3 hours (15° per hour)
13-something about turn indicators: rate gyro
14-real wander in gyroscope: due internal friction
15-how is a gyro erected in an ADI?leveling switches and torque motors
16-some question about gyros: answer gimbal
17-instrument that indicates low pressure stage in an engine? N1
18- if after 50nm climb you have reached 20.000ft what is the rate?2000ft/min
19-red light from tower?don't land
20- acceleration error of attitude indicator during take off?pitch up
21- same as above for the human body?pitch up feeling

Are you getting the questions above? You passed the DLR then I guess? Thanks!

pilotarosa
27th Oct 2015, 09:48
Hello you are in the right road, but search more as there are more ( look into the italian bits also) . It took me a while to find them. I do not post them as i do not have them anymore, goodluck for the search, and maybe see you at the next phase!

f27m50
11th Nov 2015, 12:45
Hi guys,does anybody have info regarding the physics part which they are talking about in the briefing package?

regards and thanks in advance

pilotarosa
19th Nov 2015, 08:54
Good morning, is there anyone who has done phase 2 in Luxembourg that can give some info? I have been reading the whole post but the info on phase 2 seems to be very little.
Thank you!!!!

CaptainProp
27th Nov 2015, 10:22
Cargolux is to create 100 additional pilot jobs in Luxembourg and has announced a fleet upgrade that will replace two 747-400BCF with three nose-door equipped 747-400Fs.

The pilot job announcement comes as management at the European all-cargo carrier prepares to meet with pilot unions on Monday about signing a new collective work agreement that will lift the threat of further industrial action by air crew.

In a statement, the Luxembourg-based carrier said: “The next meeting with the unions is scheduled to take place on November 30 and Cargolux is confident that, based on the board decision, an agreement can be reached subject to LCGB accepting the job security agreement and a compromise on the very few remaining open items.”

Cargolux will hire an additional 120 staff in 2016 including 100 new pilots in Luxembourg, stating: “With this measure, the company aims to improve the current roster situation as well as the work-life balance among its crews. The introduction of enhanced part-time and stand-by systems for its pilots further supports this goal.”

Cargolux is also replacing two Boeing 747-400BCF with three nose-door equipped Boeing 747-400Fs, and will expand its fleet to 26 freighters until the third quarter of 2016.
The airline added: “The board’s decisions underline Cargolux’s ambition as a truly global player and set the company firmly on a continued path of growth and strength.

“Despite the challenges of a potential industry action by one of its unions, Cargolux is confident that the above investments in flexibility and reliability for its customers as well as work-life balance for our crews will bring sustainable benefits for all stakeholders.”

They seem confident in the negotiations...

CP

homebuilt
1st Dec 2015, 22:49
Has anyone here an idea of the yearly wages for newbies that would be hired by Cargolux within this new hiring process?

trancada
2nd Dec 2015, 03:33
Any news about the negotiations, for their new collective work
agreement? As the last one ended last Monday, 30th November.

What are the future expansion plan? They will replace the 3 747 BCF with 747 ERF.

What about CARGOLUX Italia? Or the Cargolux China that has been rumoured , to support the Pacific Region operation.

trancada
2nd Dec 2015, 13:43
Latest news .

Yesterday:

So, Cargolux’s collective work agreement (CWA) has expired. According to articles in the Luxembourg press, (German here and French here) talks went on till 1am last night, after 12 hours with no agreement, and re-started at 10am this morning. While the ground staff and OGBL union are happy, the pilots are still concerned about their rest day, as well as possible outsourcing to Cargolux Italia. And, according to one article, Cargolux’s last-minute announcement that it would expand its fleet and hire 100 new pilots in Luxembourg, was not welcomed by the LCGB pilots’ union.

Today:

Cargolux’s management appears to have averted the threat of a strike following another day of negotiations with its unions yesterday.

Last night, Cargolux issued a triumphant statement noting a “major breakthrough” on the Collective Work Agreement (CWA).

“The perseverance of the negotiating teams yielded a principle agreement with both unions on the new CWA terms that sends a strong signal on the company’s commitment to job security for our staff and an increased support towards maintaining the competitiveness of Luxembourg as the prime air freight hub in Europe,” the carrier said.

“Cargolux and its social partners are happy to have arrived at this positive result and will continue to fully focus their joint efforts towards enhancing the success of the company.”

Unfortunately, Cargolux’s “social partners” were a little more circumspect – but strike action seems to be off the table. The LCGB union also issued a press release, stating: “Although no final agreement could be reached, and the LCGB cannot sign the slightly too enthusiastic press release by Cargolux, today’s negotiation round brought new movement to the Cargolux collective work agreement negotiations. Cargolux and the unions will continue their negotiations in the upcoming days with the intention of finding an acceptable solution for all parties involved.”

But Hubert Hollerich, of the OGBL union which represents more ground staff, told The Loadstar that a deal had been reached on the four main issues: Cargolux Italia, pilot vacations, pilot rest days, and the joint crew schedule committee.

“Now, we have to do the fine-tuning of the text. Of course, our union strongly welcomes Cargolux’s initiative to hire 120 employees – 20 ground staff and 100 pilots. This shows that the Board of Directors is optimistic and believes in the development of this company.”

The unions and airline management will complete the negotiations by Friday. The carrier added that all parties “share a common vision for stability, sustainable growth and prosperity at Cargolux”.

Cargolux averts strike as unions near agreement (http://theloadstar.co.uk/cargolux-averts-strike-as-unions-and-management-near-an-agreement/)

trancada
2nd Dec 2015, 13:51
Cargolux unions are divided over possible strike and new collective work agreement.

The larger union representing Cargolux staff, OGBL, is to attempt to push through a new Collective Work Agreement without input from the smaller LCGB.

Last week, LCGB, the more militant of the two unions, announced it would ask its members to vote on industrial action. But OGBL secretary Hubert Hollerich told local media his union could unilaterally sign off the new CWA when the existing agreement expires on December 1.

“It would not be optimal, but we will do so as a last resort,” he said. “We are the majority in the staff delegation, so we can.”

This, however, is disputed by the LCGB and the Luxembourg Airline Pilots’ Association. Its executive secretary, Dirk Becker, told The Loadstar: “The OGBL cannot unilaterally sign a collective work agreement. This has been confirmed by legal advice and by Luxembourg’s l’Inspection du Travail et des Mines (ITM) the Inspectorate of Labour and Mines, which is the governmental body in Luxembourg directly linked to the ministry of labour.

“The deciding factor if a collective work agreement could be signed by only the OGBL is not the number of delegates in the staff delegation affiliated with the OGBL, but the number of votes received in the last valid delegation election. In order for the labour minister to approve the signing of a CWA only by the OGBL, the OGBL would be required to have received at least 50% of the votes in the last delegation election, which took place in August 2011.

“This is not the case as it has been confirmed recently by the ITM. So the labour minister cannot legally approve the signing of a new collective agreement only by the OGBL.”

Meanwhile, the LCGB continues to be frustrated by the growth of Cargolux Italia, which it accuses of “social dumping”.
Noting that three of the four Italian-registered and piloted aircraft are “routinely dispatched within the Luxembourg route network”, the union said the government was losing $5m in taxes and that management was not acting in the interests of the country.

Cargolux, however, said its Luxembourg operation had grown faster than its Italian one, adding two new aircraft this year and leasing a third.

“We are still hiring staff – crews as well as ground staff – here in Luxembourg and have ambitious plans to increase staff and crew levels in 2016, all of which would be jeopardised by adverse industrial actions,” said the carrier in a statement to media.

“While Cargolux Italia has increased its activities, it should not be forgotten that Cargolux also profits from Cargolux Italia’s expansion, as we are able to open up new markets due to the traffic rights that Cargolux Italia has; commercial traffic rights, for instance to Japan (Osaka and Tokyo) and Russia (Novosibirsk), that Cargolux does not have from Luxembourg.

“With a current market share of 14%, Cargolux Italia’s position as the number-one home carrier in the Italian market shows the importance of developing both airlines in parallel.

“Its low cost and highly efficient production allows Cargolux to continue to fly to financially challenging regions such as Africa with all the positive impact on our global network.”

It argued: “Every single job at Cargolux Italia secures three additional jobs at Cargolux in Luxembourg.”

It did not address LCGB’s claim that Italian aircraft regularly fly on the Luxembourg network.

While LCGB admits that it is “well aware” of the consequences of industrial action, it has been angered by the rejection of its plans for cost-savings of some $10m a year. Saying it had lost faith in the negotiations, LCGB said a strike, which it believes its members would support, “remains the last option to convince Cargolux senior management to return to a constructive negotiating style in good faith”.

Negotiations are due to resume on November 11, and it will hold the vote on any action beforehand.

LZ-DOC
3rd Dec 2015, 05:34
Dear all,
I have just reapplied with Cargolux, but the option "Add. questions" is not valid.
Does someone have a clue how to activate it?
My answers are way out of date as my previous application is from 2009...
:ugh:

negativeclimb
3rd Dec 2015, 10:24
same problem for me...

LZ-DOC
3rd Dec 2015, 11:29
Tnx.
Where bouts are you on the process?
Cheers.
:ok:

fda747
9th Dec 2015, 20:42
strike starts Saturday :D

trancada
10th Dec 2015, 15:32
Despite its recent triumphant press release that a deal with pilots had been sealed, The Loadstar’s inbox continues to ping with unhappy and terse statements from both the LCGB union and the carrier.

Yesterday, Cargolux issued another release, saying that the union had “surprisingly backtracked on the principle agreement reached on 1 December”.

It added: “Cargolux cannot help but wonder about the reliability and credibility of a social partner who agrees on certain compromises, only to negate their own decisions days later….[the union] does not care about the negative implications of their decision on all Cargolux employees (of which pilots are in minority).”

In response, the LCGB claims that Cargolux’s management has reneged on its agreements in the final text for the Collective Work Agreement (CWA).

“The text did not reflect what was agreed,” explained Dirk Becker, executive secretary of the Luxembourg pilot association, ALPL.

The disagreements, over pilot representation and Cargolux Italia, have led to the union backing out of any further negotiations and stating a “decree of non-conciliation” – this effectively opens the way once more for a strike.

The pilots want the text to specify that if growth in Luxembourg is not achieved after three years, then Cargolux Italia’s fleet would reduce by one aircraft.

The management’s text, however, did not specify three years, but up to the end of the CWA – which lasts three years unless one party calls for its end. The text also failed to state that pilots must be represented by pilots.

Mr Becker made the point that management could come and go, so the text of the CWA needed to be so specific that it could not be interpreted a different way by a different CEO, should there be one.

The sad thing is, however, that all the noise around Cargolux – which is currently branding itself as the ‘Global Cargo Carrier of Choice’ – is harmful. It gives its customers a lack of certainty which will surely damage the carrier – and if that happens, then any benefits or costs savings the pilots and other staff have made, will be lost to lower revenues.

A continuing threat of strike action fails to help anyone, and just piles pressure on already difficult talks. And withdrawing from talks altogether seems yet another step backwards.

More excitingly, according to CargoForwarder, the carrier is ready to launch its joint-venture Chinese airline in the next couple of months.

Here, the union is relatively silent. It said that the carrier could not fly in and out of the EU – a point which is likely to work for Cargolux’s management too. The pilots offered secondments at the Chinese carrier, but the offer was rejected by the management, presumably because they’d prefer to work with less troublesome pilots in China.

Mr Becker agreed that the situation was bad for the carrier and its staff.

“It was a tough decision,” he said. “But enough is enough.”

Exactly.

Oh dear. Poor Cargolux

Mr.Nomads
11th Dec 2015, 04:34
After more than 25 years with Cargolux I can only recommend all Wannabes to reconsider their application.
It`s not the best choice in Europe anymore.

It certainly has been a great airline with fantastic people (I miss the Icelanders so much) with a great spirit and a good CWA.

This all changed when the Qataris took the Swissair shares, sold them some time later but left this chinese traitor in position as CFO and interim CEO.
Mr. R.F. almost scuttled South African Airlines:
"Forson has resigned abruptly from the national airline, but declined to comment yesterday on the reason for his departure. However, it is understood that his departure is linked to the R7bn in currency-hedging losses suffered by SAA in 2002-03."
So he ran away after causing big disaster.
Now he is our new Chief Financial Officer ! :D

But the worst is yet to come.
Our new CEO Mr. D.R. who had to leave Kühne & Nagel on account of wrong strategy with resultant high losses. :ugh:

In exchange we lost our best and most reputable manager, Mr. Robert van der Weg. He was the key figure in Cargolux as VP Sales.

And where do we stand today ?
Management cancelled our CWA a year ago which basically means, that we lost all our privileges which we fought for in the past 20+ years.
Luxembourg protects it`s employers not the employees.

Without a CWA, Cargolux can offer new pilots whatever they are in the mood for.
They don`t need to abide by the old CWA.
Significant lower salaries (B scale = A scale minus 5 or more), less OFF days, less vacation, full 13th month salary only after 5 years, just to name a few...

With the introduction of the new EASA FTL rules Cargolux can implement minimum limitations which will have tremendous impact on our quality of life.

As if that were not enough, management drives a wedge between pilots and the rest of the company. And it`s working.
So I`m asking everybody in Luxembourg, how much intelligence is necessary to figure out, that an airline needs pilots ???
Here an oversimplification:
1- Airline owns aircrafts to make money
2- Pilots needed to fly aircrafts
3- No pilots no money.
4- Airline goes bankrupt
5- Pilots find another job anywhere in the world
6- Ground staff No job anymore

As long as the witch-hunt doesn`t come to an end, Cargolux is by far the worst choice at the moment.

Consider Far East: same treatment for much more money :rolleyes:

homebuilt
12th Dec 2015, 17:49
Yes, thank you. Won't anymore consider moving from where I am.

Airbusguy320
16th Dec 2015, 11:05
In the press they say there is an agreement about a new CWA.
Any details for the new contracts? Is it really that bad or have the unions been able to stop some things?

trancada
16th Dec 2015, 14:26
CV
©Gordzam
By Alex Lennane 16/12/2015
After a further 48 hours of talks, Cargolux and its unions have finally come to an agreement.

“There will be no strike at Cargolux,” said a very tired Dirk Becker, executive secretary of Luxembourg’s Pilot Association. “We have reached an acceptable agreement.”

The management and OGBL, CLSC and LCGB unions have agreed a new Collective Work Agreement, which will be valid for three years.

“I am extremely pleased to have come to a common understanding with our social partners,” said Cargolux CEO Dirk Reich.

“With the agreement, we achieve a significant improvement in the flexibility and economic efficiency of Cargolux, and send a strong signal for the job security at Cargolux and increased competitiveness of Luxembourg as a leading logistic hub in Europe.”

The deal essentially is that which had been agreed on December 1, but then cancelled after the LCGB queried details in the final text.

“This is based on the principles of the first agreement – but the devil was in the detail,” said Mr Becker. “Those issue have now been dealt with.”

He added: “It is regrettable, when looking at what we have agreed, that this could all have been achieved at the beginning of the year. But it is common for negotiations to drag on. It has placed a huge burden on Cargolux. Time will tell how long it will take to get the airline back to where it was.”

In separate news, Cargolux today welcomed a decision by the EU General Court, annulling articles 1 to 5 of the Commission’s 2010 decision in the alleged air freight cartel. The decision means a €79.9m fine previously levied on Cargolux has also been annulled.

Airbusguy320
16th Dec 2015, 15:20
So still no details?

Loader1
17th Dec 2015, 11:35
Media Release

Cargolux begins hiring process for 100 new pilots

Luxembourg, 17 December 2015 – Cargolux Airlines continues on the path of growth and begins the hiring and training process for 100 new pilots in Luxembourg. 52 candidates have already been selected and Cargolux plans to begin the training process for 8 candidates per month from January until July 2016.

Candidates for the remaining 48 open positions are expected to begin their training between July and December 2016; the selection process for these positions is still open. The next selection of applicants will take place in February, March and April 2016. All training courses are expected to be filled by September.

Cargolux has earlier announced the hiring of the new pilots as part of the introduction of a new collective work agreement (CWA) that offers attractive conditions and upgrades for its current crew population, as well as new positions to guarantee roster stability and a satisfying work-life balance for pilots.

The announcement has met with huge demand and a great number of applications under the terms of the new CWA against the limited open capacity that Cargolux has for next year. All candidates are eager to join the Cargolux family and are happy with the new condition the airline offers for entrant First Officers. They appreciate that Cargolux rewards long-term loyalty in the new pay scale and benefits package under the new CWA and they take it as a positive sign for a long-term career opportunity at the airline.

The Cargolux Crew Training Department notes that, all in all, 170 Cargolux students will acquire a promotion or a new type rating on the airline’s 747 freighters. This represents the biggest ever volume of training in the history of the company. To cope with the workload, Cargolux also looks to appoint additional instructors and trainers.

In addition to the extensive training schedule for the new pilots during 2016, Cargolux also offers its skilled training resources to external customers that need to fulfill their training requirements in 2016. These include, among others, guaranteed simulator capacity for recurrent training, type ratings, differences and recurrent training for 747-8 operators and more specialized training.

“Finally, the so-called Luxembourgish model will continue to exist. This CWA is a win-win situation for everybody and especially a gain for the social dialogue and democracy.” Hubert Hollerich, Secrétaire Central de l’OGBL

“The hiring of 100 additional pilots marks a strong sign in guaranteeing growth in Luxembourg and reinforcing Luxembourg as a logistics hub. This will further help preventing fatigue of Cargolux pilots; which is an important step for enhancing the safety of flight operations”, says Patrick Dury, President of the LCGB.

“We are pleased that the new CWA will allow us to bring in 100 new-generation pilots to fly our 747s, the ‘Queen Of The Skies’,” says Dirk Reich, Cargolux President and CEO. “Our new colleagues will enable us to offer additional upgrades and more part time opportunities for our existing crews.”

flyingmed
17th Dec 2015, 13:00
How is the new agreement compared to the previous agreement at Cargolux?

16down2togo
17th Dec 2015, 14:00
Worse, but not as bad as originally proposed by the company

youri1988
17th Dec 2015, 20:30
Anyone with any details of whats in the new contract yet?

737pilot9
19th Dec 2015, 14:38
How about moving up approximately 900euro in salary after flying 600 hours in the company, is that still in the new contracts?

737pilot9
19th Dec 2015, 15:43
do you know what the difference is than between Junior FO and FO salary after 12 months?

youri1988
19th Dec 2015, 18:03
What about the 13th month, has it been adjusted as well?

TheRednosedReindeer
20th Dec 2015, 09:29
About the money, everyone has to figure out for himself if it's worthwhile or not.

But please bear in mind also, that this is a type of operation where fatigue builds up almost inevitably on most trips. It's not flying A to B, Min.rest at hotel, and back B - A, followed by 3 days off (some 10% of the trips are like that). It's usually A - B - C - D - A, maybe one stop more, maybe one less. Hardly ever a chance to adjust to a timezone, time of the day for a duty is completely random and can change significantly on very short notice.

Afterwards, you therefore NEED adequate time OFF to recover. Under the old conditions, that works out just about. IMHO, it is already very unhealthy, but ok, we get good money in return.

Unfortunately, our CEO (tirelessly stressing that he's a pilot himself!) still seems to think this is as easy or better as flying 500km in a glider in Namibia.

With the new conditions, I personally don't think the rest time provided is sufficient anymore to recover properly during time off.
It also turns the job from "tough on your family" into a rapid-divorce-deal.

Find out for yourself, if you in your individual situation will be able to hold out 4 years until at least the Rest day before Off is yours. To me, it looks like an exciting deal for people want a "livin'-for-a-workin'".

(I would also not count too much on part-time, although they are currently promising the moon about it - it'll go by seniority, and it's blocked for the first 4 years with the company)

final06
20th Dec 2015, 10:48
Rednose is 100% right.

The massive wear and tear on your health and private life shows up after a couple of years only.

The rotations which used to be mostly good, occasionally even great, when we had 10 aircraft look much different today with 25+ aircraft.

CV is still a good company compared to others, but please keep in mind that our profession in general has been going down the drain rapidly in the last 20 years.

Good luck to all of you who will join in 2016, but please: I do not want to hear any complaints and discussions about your working conditions when we sit in the same cockpit!

I remember one junior colleague stating some time ago: why do I fly longhaul around the world if I don't see anything anymore?

Ethiopia
21st Jan 2016, 06:27
Cargolux China is on the way!

Cargolux BOD approves Cargolux China investment (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/europe/item/3225-cargolux-bod-approves-cargolux-china-investment)

HURZ
1st Feb 2016, 15:16
This is the reason why people are leaving after 20+ years. It ll be the new Ryan or Easy, hallo Mr. Holt, in the Cargo Business.
Stay away if you have a job...

trancada
27th Feb 2016, 21:50
They are starting the recruitment for Cargolux CHINA .
Base is Zhengzhou.
Anyone has inputs about salaries and working conditions?

Catalina31
16th Mar 2016, 09:24
hi,
If you have time, I need some informations for Cargolux selection. My application is "in progress" since january 21 and I have no news. When did you apply ? Do you have informations for de selection ? Thank you
Best regards.

Catalina31
16th Mar 2016, 13:16
hi,
thanks for your answer. I imagine that all the CBT test must be pratice in DLR office ? Do you upload software on internet to training you ? Do you receive quickly an answer after your send your application ?
Whatis your experience ? I am a pilot on b1900 with 5000 hours.
BR.

JumboJet1999
16th Mar 2016, 13:53
Since when did Cargolux use the DLR test for pilot recruitment?

trancada
18th Mar 2016, 09:43
With start-up of Cargolux China, base in CGO, chinese registration aircraft, how does the company will prevent this polemical issue with chines doctors?

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/576043-caac-doctors-pek-out-control.html

htgd
18th Mar 2016, 09:57
Hi All,

I have the DLR test at the end of this month.
was wondering if anyone was going there as well or has been there already.
there is a test called MEK(visuel Memory). seems they change that one. and it its now even harder! cant get more than 50% on MEK test.
anyone wanna share there experience?

regards,
I've got my dlr in april. MEK and RMS are the most difficult to me. I get 75% at MEK but no more than 25% on RMS. Any suggestion how to improve? Good luck to you....

fda747
21st Mar 2016, 15:02
In response to 30N30W:
I don't think so the wingwaveman failed the DLR test many years ago.

Airbusguy320
25th Mar 2016, 12:24
Why did they have to sign a new CLA with such bad conditions for new pilots when they made 48 million USD profit in 2015?

htgd
3rd Apr 2016, 12:03
i think if you have 75% average for MEK. thats already very good.
with RMS 25% is like 4,5 numbers. think that should be oke as well.
i really wonder how the RAG would be.
How was your DLR?

Did you find any differences from the CBT? They all run at level 3 during the assessment?

What about the ATPL questions? As Far as I know there should be System, Meteo, Air Law, Nav, Inst and Human Perf. Did you find any other topic?

htgd
4th Apr 2016, 16:42
Hi htgd,

The DLR day is quite tiring, since it is a long day.
so having a good rest before is really recommended.
during the rest i was really think they where looking for astronauts or something.
some test i felt i really messed up and others i had a good feeling about it.
two days after the test in hamburg i received the good news.

the test in the DLR is like lvl 2-3 of the CBT.
practise is the key. i think most people can pass it if they put enough effort into it.
i started the CBT like 3 weeks before and did everyday a bit.
the ATPL Q are like the ones on this tread. for the rest the Q are really basic Q from the ATPL books.
Good job!! Congratulation!

I'm going to Hamburg in 3 weeks.
Keep in touch...let me know when they call you for the sim..

Take care.

F.

trancada
6th Apr 2016, 21:51
About Cargolux China, did you hear anything ?

The Crew
19th Apr 2016, 17:12
CargoLux China

They will be using DLR to conduct assesments for both DEC and DEFO. Wether its the astronaut level , who knows , but unlikely that the experienced DEC's they require will be much under 40, and perhaps will be more challenged by this kind of ab- initio style of assesments.

I think there will be a chicken and egg senario at play here. The guys who are assesed by DLR, and are successful , then need then to pass the CAAC medical. This Medical designed for a 21 year old air force recruit, and the many MRI scans and blood tests, stress ECG s to name a few. Many will not pass.
So do Cargolux really need to send pilots to get the CAAC medicals first , then send them to DLR for screening?

Its going to be an interesting selection process. No wonder on the email that is sent out says it may be months before you hear back from them .
No doubt they will have to process alot of crew to ensure that they get the 100 or so required to start operations . You could still fail the medical 6 or 12 months down the line and there's zero Cargolux could do to facilitate your return to line . Worth giving up a stable european career for?

trancada
20th Apr 2016, 15:21
Yes it will. I have heard bad stories about CAAC Medicals. Some corruptions cases between employers and CAAC when they want to dismiss a pilot.

All kinds of excuses serves. After arriving in Europe or the United States and finally they are able to fly.

16down2togo
21st Apr 2016, 00:22
Since YOU heard them, they must be true, judged by your command of the english language you are the true institution to evaluate international procedures, not that I basically contest your quote.
I'd wish pilot exams would include the ability to form full sentences those
days, god bless computer tests since they seem to not need basic
contents of a full sentence to pass them. 'I can fly plane but chinese bad because other demand but me have level 6 and he no have'.

The Crew
21st Apr 2016, 13:33
Isn't is " these days" ;)

Semantics apart, i understand that Chinese carriers all rubber stamp their pilots as ICAO english level 6 . Well why not , it saves the cost of re testing and proves that a chinese pilot's understanding of ATC comms cannot be in doubt , so any comprehension problems must be someone elses fault.

Its a blame culture in China, that being blame everyone else .
Good luck !

16down2togo
21st Apr 2016, 22:12
You're absolutely right but I sincerely do contest quotes that couldn't even produce a proper sentence being of the 'I heard type' got told, maybe,never been anywhere near!
Thanks for the correction anyway!

16down2togo
21st Apr 2016, 22:14
;):D
Mea culpa!