PDA

View Full Version : Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

newswatcher
5th Feb 2003, 09:30
From the UAE "Gulf News"(5/2/02):

"Air Arabia, the national airline being launched by Sharjah, will have a share capital of Dh10 million, and an operational capital of Dh50 million, Sheikh Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Thani, chairman of Sharjah Department of Civil Aviation, said yesterday.

"This can be increased at a later stage, if required," he added.

He said the outlay would be enough to efficiently run passenger and cargo services: "While some may have expressed doubts about the level of funding, we have done our homework and are confident it is doable."

He said capital would be split 60:40 between the Department of Civil Aviation and the Sharjah International Airport Authority and shares would have a Dh1,000 face value.

"We will be a full-fledged UAE national airline from Sharjah," he said. "Just like any other national airline, we will have bilateral agreements between the UAE and other countries."

Sheikh Abdullah said, in line with the country's open sky policy, Air Arabia would not enjoy preferential treatment, nor would airlines flying to Sharjah be disadvantaged by the airline. "We will complement their services."

The airline is the UAE's third, after Emirates and Gulf Air, in which Abu Dhabi has a stake. Dr. Ghanem Al Hajri, director-general of both the department and the airport, said the airline's premises would initially be in the terminal complex.

"We will finalise our business plan while seeking to firm up destinations and routes, based on the traffic rights we obtain, and the capacities on various sectors."

"We will seek to offer customers safe and secure operations thro-ugh efficient services at competitive rates while keeping in mind their comfort."

He declined to provide details of its positioning, area of operations, or specific destinations. Nor did he reveal plans regarding fleet acquisition. "At this point, all options are open."

He expects the carrier to work out staff needs in three months. "We hope to recruit from the UAE," which will start just after summer."

Sources said the venture, which has been in the pipeline for more than a year and attracted considerable media attention, was fina-lised with a UK consultant.

While plans were finalised some time ago, authorities were waiting for the right time to launch the airline, they added. "The decision to launch at this juncture reiterates their confidence in the project and in the prospects for the region."

Top government officials had declared that one of the emirate's primary thrust areas would be tourism. Experts then said it was vital to set up an airline which can offer feeder services in the region.

Meanwhile, Ajman is also aiming to set up an international airport, catering to chartered and business jets."

Nightrider
5th Feb 2003, 13:24
There is certainly a potential market...will be interesting to watch...

taba
5th Feb 2003, 17:32
any website? it will be an interesting one!

newswatcher
6th Feb 2003, 08:01
First flight scheduled for October - Mara? They expect to carry 2-300K pax in first year. Other details the kind of aircraft that are to be bought or leased are still being worked out.

Nightrider
7th Feb 2003, 07:05
Dumpvalve...I doubt very much that this is a major issue. As most of the Cabin Crew as well as the Flight Deck Crew will confirm, a no-alcohol policy during flights will avoid hundreds of incidents we are facing every year.
A "sober" flight will not lead to any discomfort and I am pretty sure that a lot of passengers will welcome such an environment.

On the other hand...if the passengers are prepared to pay the price, I am sure they will be able to get what they want....

CRJ700
9th Mar 2003, 15:44
ANY NEW INFO ABOUT AIR ARBIA? DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY STARTED INTERVIEWS?

Hong Kong Layover
27th Apr 2003, 08:32
Anyone got any new feedback on the subject?

digna
28th Apr 2003, 18:07
they don't have a web site yet, but the closer date for senior positions vacancy they have advertrtised is the 14th of july, so they will not start till, may be end of this year I think the whole thing is just in papers yet. will need some time !!

Hong Kong Layover
29th Apr 2003, 02:31
Thanks digna for the info,if you come accross any info,please publish them to us thru this page.-Thanks !!

mrbrown
25th Jun 2003, 19:10
Does anyone have any info on Air Arabia?

newswatcher
25th Jun 2003, 20:12
From a UAE website(18/6/03):

Question:

I am looking for contact information for new abu dhabi airline (air united) and air arabia in sharjah. please help!!!!!!

Thank you

Answer:

Dear Mr. Alasad,

No time frame has been set as to when Abu Dhabi will launch its own airline. Although plans are there, the chairman of the Abu Dhabi Civil Aviation said that they have still not decided when.

With regards to Air Arabia, the national airline being lauched by the emirate of Sharjah, we suggest that you contact the Sharjah Department of Civil Aviation to get more information. Contact details can be found on their website at http://www.shj-airport.gov.ae.

Thank you.
Ministry of Information & Culture

mrbrown
26th Jun 2003, 11:52
Thankyou newswatcher

I have sent an email and I'll let you know what they say if you like.

Mr Brown

Tibesti 3415
29th Jun 2003, 02:11
mrbrown
Check your PM.

OCC
1st Jul 2003, 15:03
Hi,

If anyone gets a contact email for Air Arabia can you let me know please.

Brgds

OCC

homesick rae
1st Jul 2003, 23:16
www.airarabia.com

OCC
2nd Jul 2003, 01:23
homesick rae

Thank you for the information.

OCC

FlyHigher
2nd Jul 2003, 07:51
Any rumors about the aircraft type they will operate?

newswatcher
12th Aug 2003, 20:35
Air Arabia (Aug11, 2003)
Finalized the lease of 6 Airbus A320-200s from ILFC. Air Arabia's first 2 aircraft, previously operated, will be delivered in Sep03 and Oct03 ; the remaining 4 aircraft will be delivered new in Feb04, Mar04, Oct04 and Jan05. During 2004 the airline will likely replace the pair of used A320s with new ones.

B767300ER
13th Aug 2003, 14:12
A-320s? Interesting. They won't have much long-haul then.

junkyard dog
17th Aug 2003, 02:24
Hello ,
Can Arabia make it on the 18 th of October and start operating ?
I am honestly looking forward to joining.

I think this airline has a bright future if backed by the goverment of Sharjah.

Jet Joc
19th Aug 2003, 02:27
Air-Arabia started last week interview pilots...any feedback:p

Jet Joc

John Smith
3rd Oct 2003, 22:16
Sent an e-mail and got the standard form to fill out and return but heard nothing since. Has anybody heard any more??

Understand that the initial pilots came from QR, is this the way to get and will the pipeline for pilots open again soon as they will be taking more aircraft on next year??

Thoughts, facts .... any info!!

newswatcher
23rd Oct 2003, 16:14
Sorry, not quite what you wanted John, but this appeared in the UAE "Gulf NEws" (23/10):

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=101015

chrispatrick
23rd Oct 2003, 23:36
:( Dear John Smith ,

Just a few words to confirm that I received the same negative answer from that company. For the time beeing , no added news have been issued concerning a next recruitment ; it seems as if the priority had been given to arabic pilots.
wait and see...

homesick rae
24th Oct 2003, 04:25
Nothing on the Cabin Crew side of things either according to my sources! Seems they have gone for local(ish) recruitment there as well!

Rotate777
28th Oct 2003, 20:08
Air Arabia launches it's first flight today to Bahrain. Let me be the first to congratulate this promising airline. Unlike other operations in the region, this is looking like a very good place to be.
Never mind that the pilot package is not the best, things will change with experience. The CEO has had a recent meeting with the pilots and has been saying all the right things. Time will tell if this will be put into action soon. But from personal experience the man delivers what he promises.

We have got a great bunch of people working here, and unlike other airlines, this one values it's people.

There are no locals running the show simply because they are locals. All the people here have a lot of experience and what they lack, they make up for by being good team players. They are able to delegate authority and things get done. No insecurities here.

As for the hiring, the company does not hire pilots or advertise unless it needs them. This will happen again soon with the new aircraft deliveries. So all who are interested in a great place to work, just be patient.

Oh and one other thing which makes all the difference in the world. Pilots are treated with respect. At the instigation of the Director of Flight ops, and in the presence of the CEO, a vote was taken on what the uniform should look like. The vote was contrary to what was originally planned by management, but the majority won. implimentation was immediate.

Let's hope some of this management style wears off on some of the other airlines in the neighbourhood.

Keep up the good work guys.

homesick rae
28th Oct 2003, 20:30
Just a quick question.

Why did they not acknowledge many of the CVs from highly experienced crew, Cabin and Flight Deck, who have had years of experience in the region? (I know many of the QR pilots joined)

I know 7 people apart from myself who were interested to join and applied months ago...not a peep!

I wish them all the best and hope what has been mentioned above continues. Good luck!

BahrainLad
29th Oct 2003, 01:10
Indeed, have heard some very positive things about this outfit.

Sounds like they've taken the very successful low-cost model operated elsewhere and copying it to the letter.

I wish them the best of luck.

newswatcher
29th Oct 2003, 22:52
the Beeb (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3223267.stm)

masalama
30th Oct 2003, 02:41
the day they start flying to the subcontinent with these(1/3) fares , they're sure to get a very high lad factor, about time i think a LCC started off from the middle east...good luck .

jet4hire
31st Oct 2003, 01:07
Air Arabia......
Will appreciate any information to contact in order to send my CV of to whom should I address it ? Chief Pilot etc. Thanks a million
Happy Landings!:cool:

Rani
1st Nov 2003, 01:04
The start-up of a low-cost carrier in the Middle East is certainly a good development and a precursor for an increase in regional travel. However, I find it particularly ironic that such an airline would provide such a basic, unreliable and empty website (www.airarabia.com) considering the airline is encouraging online reservations.

I tried their reservation engine and the system could not give me possible dates of travel (for example, Sharjah-Beirut). The browser has to go back and manually change the travel dates in order to find flights. This is very inconvenient for passengers and indicates 'low-cost' internet representation and sales potential.

drive a bus
1st Nov 2003, 03:11
@ Rani

I don´t work for Air Arabia, but I have to defend them. Now it´s only four month ago I heard about their launch. They have still a lot of things to do, I guess. I do agree that the webpage is a little empty, but be fair, they need a little more time. They are a new startup and have to develop everything. Let´s see how it looks, let´s say, in 6 month.

Take care,

drive

tradewinds
1st Nov 2003, 11:32
Lakeman and rotate777...

Thank you both for your informative posts. Two questions...

1. What is the starting salary for Captains and F/Os, and are there any pension benefits?
2. Is the position permanent or on contract?

Wishing this new venture much success ( I am still intrigued by Etihad's stealthy start-up! ).

Tradewinds

JET
1st Nov 2003, 12:02
hey

notice that www.jetblue.com and www.airarbia.com are pretty similar , anybody thinks there is a conenction ?

c u

sorry about the spelling

www.airarabia.com

Arctaurus
1st Nov 2003, 15:12
It is interesting that on the career's page, http://www.airarabia.com/careerinfo.html, they say their is no age discrimination for jobs, yet the position advertised immediately below specifies an age limit of 30 !!

doha
2nd Nov 2003, 20:30
the news now that they are flying to any of there destination with very low price
only 100 dhs
this is very very good price unbeliveble one

ferris
3rd Nov 2003, 00:26
Thanks Arctaurus- had to smile over that.Selection for employment to Air Arabia is based upon fair and widely acceptable criteria without reference to the applicant's race, colour, gender, age, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability or religion. Air Arabia selects the best and most suitable person for the job. The job ad below those words asks for a female below 30:confused:
As a male over 30, I wonder if I'll get it?:hmm: Anyone care to be a reference?

The advertised 99dhs airfares might cause a bit of a stir, though!!!!

Sheep Guts
4th Nov 2003, 06:10
Maybe they are the same routes. But JetBlue started off by raising 130 Million Capitol before any plans were made on the CEOs reputation. Me thinks that Airarabia could raise this capitol much easier.

Sheep

CatII
4th Nov 2003, 07:54
Arctaurus

No worries about discrimination. If you are Caucasian you will be given priority for almost every thing. Just have a glance next door at Emirate; 40% Australian/NewZealand 40% British 19% Canadians/US 1% locals or none Caucasian.
Rotate 777 had clearly outlined company policy
"There are no locals running the show"

Reverend Doctor Doug
4th Nov 2003, 16:19
Ferris

You hit the nail on the head. As with EK and most other employers here, they all say the right things, but the reality is usually different.

What is a bit unusual is that they put an add on the same page as their anti discrimination policy, that proves they tell the odd porky. I am sure there are a few more where that one came from.

Experience would tell me to view this company with the same healthy suspicion as I do with every other company in the UAE, until proven otherwise.

Cop U Later

The Rev

Rotate777
6th Nov 2003, 02:01
Pilots are a tough bunch

In reply to a few posts back: Captain Salary $US 7500 Plus flight allowance. This includes housing. F/O Salary $US 5,900.

When I posted earlier that there are no locals running the show, it is interesting how everyone jumps to their own conclusions based on how they see the world.

There are no Emirates nationals in places of management simply beacuse they are nationals. There are arabs and non arabs in all sorts of positions, including ; flight ops, finance, IT, manitenance.

I am sorry to dissapoint the cynics amongst you. Healthy suspicion is one thing, but making statements an unfounded assumptions is another.

There sure are problems, including ticketing, web bookings and so on. But lessons are being learned fast.

On the pilot pay issues, the schooling and housing are very low and not compatible with the reality in the UAE. These we have been told are being looked at.

Also no pension plan, and no savings program of any sort. Medical insurane is completely inadequate.

These are the facts as they stand today.

Let you know if anything changes.

newswatcher
18th Nov 2003, 19:26
From UAE Gulf News(18/11)second A320 in service (http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=103215)

newswatcher
27th Nov 2003, 22:55
Interview with Donald Hubbard - Fin Dir interview (http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=103950)

Bang
2nd Dec 2003, 02:49
Perhaps my CEO..(Qatar Airways CEO-AAB) could be sent to Sharjah to get some training and tips on "people manegement" from Airarabia CEO!!

newswatcher
15th Dec 2003, 16:35
From the UAE "Gulf NEws"(14/12):

"Air Arabia, the UAE's national airline and the first low-cost airline of its kind in the region, yesterday unveiled its starting fares and explained the dynamics of its fare structure.

"We are committed to offering the lowest possible market fares at any given date to any destination," claimed Adel Ali, CEO.

Air Arabia's starting fares vary according to destination. A one-way ticket from Sharjah starts at Dhs 159 to Bahrain, Dhs 222 to Kuwait, Dhs 99 to Muscat, Dhs 199 to Beirut, and Dhs 310 to Damascus - excluding government taxes, which vary from country to country.

The fares are all quoted one way to allow customers the flexibility to choose their return destination at their convenience.

The way the fares are structured depends on market supply and demand, Ali explained. Hence, fares increase as seats are sold on every flight. Accordingly, the earlier a passenger books, the more likely it is that they will pay the 'starting' fare.

The adoption of a 'ticketless' airline concept also results in saving on paper and processing costs, and less hassle for the customer, who need not worry about collecting tickets, as well as omission of free in-flight meals.

Air Arabia flies to Bahrain, Beirut, Damascus, Kuwait and Muscat. The projected destination list will cover: Amman, Cairo, Colombo, Doha, Isfahan, Shiraz and Tehran, Sanaa and Saudi Arabia.

Bookings can be made through the call centre, the website www.airarabia. com, or appointed travel agents."

320guy
6th Feb 2004, 12:29
Haven't heard much talk on this new start up with regards to the usual issues, pay and working conditions and growth. Are there planes full? and are they hiring. Any hints to left seat time? Some must have a little insider to add.

Thanks

320guy

newswatcher
9th Feb 2004, 18:22
From Gulf News (http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=110354)

pilotusa
19th Jun 2004, 23:38
Went back 100 days and found no threads on Air Arabia. Anyone have any input on working conditions (A320) and hiring process?
Thanks!

(Went further back and found some info from last year. Anything new to tell?)

320 star
20th Jun 2004, 15:30
this is their captain package

Remuneration (Dhs.):Base Salary: 21000
Housing Allowance: 4500
Transport Allowance 500
Flying Allow (Fixed) 1500
Duty Allow: @ 30 Dhs./duty hour
Overtime payment 300Dhs/hour

Schooling Allowance: 50% of the actual cost of tuition fees for three children betwee ages of 4 to 18 not exceeding Dhs.1600/- per month per child.

pilotusa
20th Jun 2004, 22:54
Thanks, 320 star!

Any scoop on the interview process?

hapimus
21st Jun 2004, 13:42
where is the base ?
how to apply?

pilotusa
21st Jun 2004, 19:22
Not that I'm an expert, but I believe the crews are based in Sharjah, UAE which is about 10 KM down the street from Dubai.

Send CV to [email protected]

Website gives a few details: www.airarabia.com

Can anyone shed light on the actual interview process at Air Arabia?

JoeCo
22nd Jun 2004, 09:37
Doesn't look to promising for those without current time on type or those who are over 50. Maybe one day my resume will look attractive to someone?!?! ;)

sidestick321
25th Jun 2004, 21:29
The latest middle East startup is having much trouble. It is fast becoming a typical poorly run airline.
During a recent converstaion with a close friend on the inside it is sounding like all is not well.
No Schedueller on duty and pilots and flight attendants have to get the duty on a daily basis. Rumor is that they get calls in the middle of the night to operate flight in the early morning.

All management posts held by ex GF, and all know how great that airline is, so great it is going out of business!!!!!!!!!!

Favoritism and inequality are rampant.

Unqualified Flight OPs management do not have a clue and are doing nothing but putting out fires that they started.

Few pilots that they have are already looking elsewhere for jobs, and just biding their time.

Shame really cause first low cost in middle East obviously eyed by all as a model, instead turning into fiasco.:}

vfenext
26th Jun 2004, 18:35
If you got your info about Arabia in the same place as your info on Gulf Air then I think you should go back to the pub. At least sober up before your next post! What a load of nonsense. I know its a rumor network but this is taking liberties. None of the above is even remotely true. Honest!

A318
27th Jun 2004, 17:26
vfenext, you need to do a bit more research. Everything that Sidestick has said is true and more.

Management is all ex-GF but the pilots aren't treated as nice as at GF, because management says it is "low cost". Upgrade plan is a joke, welcome to "Gulf Air Lite". Over half the pilots are looking elsewhere and are sending out CV's now, both Capts and FOs. Too Bad

sidestick321
28th Jun 2004, 15:05
VFENEXT Pls explain why you think this is rumor if people inside the company are saying this. just to damage their otherwise perfect Airline. I know for a fact that one Captain flew more than 100 hrs of flit time in one calendar month. Reason, management never planned for number of flights. Welcome to Gulf Area management.

Like all other great airlines such as this, no planning.

Did you know that Rosters are not computerized and people are asked to keep track of their own FTLs.

Etihad on the other hand looks like an airline to watch. Slowly building a positive reputation.

As for the PUB bit, I think maybe you should take your head out of where it is buried. You sound just like the rest of the guys running the show over there pretending all is hunky Dory, while it is spinning out of control.

Lowpass200
28th Jun 2004, 15:35
I had heard that the CEO was a great guy, and this was from one of the pilots there. Seems things change. Maybe the pressures of the job.

Rotate777
29th Jun 2004, 17:28
I know the CEO of the company and I think that he will not let the airline go down the tubes.

Problem is maybe like many people in his shoes he does not grasp the details of what is goind on around him. He tries not to be a micreo manager from what I konw. But maybe he should start doing something.

The general comments from the crew do not inspire much confidence.

boiler
29th Jun 2004, 17:47
Talking to some of the GF guys, he was pretty useless and also had no idea about what was going on for the 1.5 or so years he was there. Any truth to that (I would rather have views from people other than GF guys as well)? Could this be the reason he is also having problems with Air Arabia?

ruby tuesday
2nd Jul 2004, 19:18
It all sounds so familiar - a promising start then the airline gets into the wrong hands and its then a downward spiral. Of course the money is there to keep everything going despite the incompetance of the senior management (QR good example).
When will they learn??.....

boiler
2nd Jul 2004, 20:41
That begs another question. I heard that QR lost over $400M last year. If they continue to keep the yields down, they will never make money, not now, not in 100 years. The losses will continue to increase as the airline expands. For how long will the Qatar government keep on paying (the same applies to Air Arabia)?

Dani
26th Jul 2004, 20:02
Sent my CV last weekend and received an answer on monday, asking to fill out the application form and send it pack asap. Eighter they need pilots urgently or recruitment bureau is really well organized.
Has someone hold an interview already?

Dani

pilotusa
29th Jul 2004, 20:48
They will hire DECs over 50. And currency on the A320 doesn't seem to be a factor. I'm over 50 and now current only on the 767, and they invited me to interview.

A318
5th Sep 2004, 21:16
Just talked to a couple friends that work there the other day and they say that flight ops is a mess. Several pilots have resigned and many more are close to putting their releases in as they are looking for any other job. One captain even just packed his bags and left the country in disgust. They are averaging 100 hrs a month and have NO schedule, finding out what they are doing one to two days at a time! I thought that was amazing as they have been going for almost a year.

One of my buds is even going to sit for the last two month of the year as hes running out of hours. Those getting hired now are probably going to work even harder to cover the timed out pilots!

AirNoServicesAustralia
6th Sep 2004, 06:35
If you want to work for Air Arabia just remember one phrase and one phrase alone " UAE is straight in RWY (insert appropriate RWY here) available", then if response is negative, you must respond with "Why not the wind is light and variable", to which you should expect ATC to respond "Oh I am sorry, I forgot you are the only aircraft in the sky".

It must be printed in bold lettering in the cockpit to ask for straight in runway on first contact with UAE, a bit like it pops up on the McDonalds register after every order "Would you like fries with that?". It's wearing very thin.

Straight-In
7th Sep 2004, 09:05
Ok, Are you a pilot? Or do you just not agree that it is good airmanship to try and save flying an extra 20 NM when it isn't necessary and poses no infringement of safety or SOP?

And by the way: yes we usually are the only aircraft going into SHJ. The only reason ATC sometimes cannot accomodate the straight-in is departures from DXB that would conflict with us.

If you ever fly into Halifax you will see that there, you can get any of the 4 runways available to you, and usually ATC has no problem with it, eventhough they have many, many more movements then SHJ.

Asking for a straight in is just normal business. ATC doesn't seem to mind, and if it's not possible they'll tell you. Simple.:ok:

29chev
9th Sep 2004, 15:47
S.I.
You wouldn't be a former Nova pilot with Air Arabia...would you? hire date jan 15,01 at another location?
:ok:
Just wondering
:p

Radar Pete
9th Sep 2004, 18:23
Straight-In

Good work on ya mate.

Good airmanship is putting safety first. How many times must ATC's put up with these type of 'nuisance' requests when they are busy? You may consider that by you saving 20nm you win but have you ever considered that an ATC tries (with the resources available to him) to save each and every aircraft on frequency a mile or 2. By you jumping in and blocking valuable frequency time you are disrupting the ATC's thought process. Give the ATC's the time to do their job and you may end up scoring in the process.

Consider that there are others on frequency. Also consider that an ATC has to consider what is about to come on frequency i.e. pending departures and arrivals, what may sound like a quiet frequency one minute can explode the minute you are transferred to the next unit. In these scenarios the ATC is considering the safest options in order to get the job done.

Do not compare one airport or associated airspace with another. Procedures is what guides our industry. Yes Halifax may do things differently but you have to consider the resources available in order to make it happen, airport layout, local and national regulations and not to forget international SARPS.

Blocking the frequency with 'just normal business' is short sighted and naive. ATC do allow straight in approaches when the situation suits them not the pilot.

So in the end it is not really that simple.

Cheers.

Straight-In
17th Sep 2004, 15:30
Radar Pete,

I agree with most of your post, thats why I said "if it's not possible, they'll tell you".

However I don't think asking a quick question is "disrupting" their thought process. By the time you ask the question most controllers will already know wether they can accomodate the request or not, that's their job to know.

I just don't think its a big deal.

Cheers.

fourplay
18th Sep 2004, 12:50
Would any of you guys mind getting back to me with info on
Air Arabia hiring cabin crew.

I can find no reference to cabin crew recritment on their site.
sent off a resume and pic this evening to the recruitment e-mail address.
Wondering if they hire male crew and any age limitation.
They say on their website they hire the best applicant for the job regardless of age, colour or creed... hmmm I wonder? :} :} :}

Thanks in advance

Deep Stall
28th Sep 2004, 19:36
Just a quick question for info on the avarage pay package with air arabia for FO's? Thinking of a move down that direction and the thought of setting up shop in Dubai does interest me!! The rents however don't look any better when I convert them to euro or USD!!

Tried the usual searches on pprune and ppjn.com but no joy!!
Just average figures would do,monthly take home etc... Just to figure out if I'd have anything left to buy a drink at the end of a week!!

:ok:
Deep Stall

nopoal
1st Oct 2004, 10:13
Hi there,

Just a question. Do they or did they have offer job to low time pilots but who will pay the A320 TR?

Thanx

Flaps 15% :cool:

Dani
1st Oct 2004, 11:20
I applied with 250 hrs on type and never received an answer. This does not necessarily mean that they do not take low timers. You could apply and see. But I think they want experienced pilots (they even increased min.req. from 500 to 800 hrs on type lately). I wonder if they are succesful in hiring...

Straight-In
1st Oct 2004, 13:28
There was an accurate breakdown of the salary in a previous AA thread. Just do a search and you should find it.

Cheers.

A318
31st Oct 2004, 16:52
Just heard from a friend of mine across the emirate that Air Arabia applied for and received an extension to the 900 hours a year rule. They can now do up to 970 hrs per year. This is probably because they can’t find anybody to hire and only started hiring 6 months to late.

They supposedly have the worst of parts of all of the Middle East contracts, and after one year in business the guys still have no roster. They find out what they are doing the next day, just the night before. The only way to get days off is to fly up to some of the legal limits, but I guess the company just get permission to change the limits to suit the companies needs.

After only a year they have lost 6 out of 30 pilots, a couple giving no notice, just pack and go in frustration....

wink wink
31st Oct 2004, 19:38
Rumors are just rumors, what is the point of your post?

That Air Arabia is another disorganized start up airline?

gasp

the shock

Someone should honestly make a post as to the airline out there that is perfectly organized and hiccup free.

Captain Bug Smasher
31st Oct 2004, 22:12
Wink Wink,

Rumours are indeed just rumours and this after all is the Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

Thanks for the info A318, interesting to hear that they have an extension to 970hrs, that's got to be tough on the guys.

mach-hog
22nd Nov 2004, 08:58
:cool: Guys... At EK, if a pilot operates exclusively ultra-long haul with double augmentation (4 pilots), one could fly 150 hours per month!

fatbus
22nd Nov 2004, 09:13
and get paid for all of it

crazy_max
22nd Nov 2004, 15:43
Hummmm.....

I guess I did the right thing when I turned Lorna`s invitation for interviews, twice.
It just did not sound Kosher....Sorry....Halal, when she sent me the details of the contract.
Take care,
Crazy_Max

A318
3rd Jan 2005, 11:28
Air Arabia is now getting desperate like Gulf Air to keep their pilots. Supposedly they got agreements with Emirates and Etihad not to hire ANY employee from Air Arabia.

A couple of friends are trying to come over to EK and one has already been denied. 2 others already come over in the last year, not enough to really matter, unless things are going to get worse at Air Arabia? Too bad they have to resort to that type of management.

Supply and demand, more carriers are starting to hire…

Good Luck guys in coming over

arrighi
14th Apr 2005, 16:53
Do you have any information, I have an interview next month,
you confirm that all pilots are leaving, bad management, salary is quite good

Lil' Pilot
14th Apr 2005, 19:35
Are they also hiring non-type rated guys. Their website says min 800 hr on type. Is this really necessary if pilots are leaving the company? Guess they have to fill in the empty places..

wink wink
14th Apr 2005, 23:59
The grass is always greener......

Whether you go from GF, EK, EY, or Arabia is it not all the same sh*t different pile?

Qatari515
15th Apr 2005, 06:09
I have to agree with wink wink....

It is all the same, no matter where you end up in the gulf! At the end, if you want to move, get out of the region...:mad:

Language edited

fractional
15th Apr 2005, 09:34
Not much has been said about KU and SV. I guess they live in their own world and must have their good share of problems. Both Airlines do not advertise the country as a tourist destination for obvious reasons.
However, the brotheren on the other GCC started that drive last decade.
GF was the model Airline. It did not serve the ideals of the Arab Gulf World for some but ripped 2 Best Airline to the Middle East prizes in 82 and 83 and kept very good standards up a certain time and then came disaster... That was the Golden Falcon.
It spring-started a Gulf National workforce that eventually migrated to EK, QR, WY and now EY. I ain't sure about Air Arabia.
We know what happened with GF during the years. They seem to pick up the pieces now, and this according to Press reports. Are they really in teh black? I can only hope so.
EK seemed to have got the TOC sometime ago, stayed there, but it seems to be down-drifting. Is there the same syndrome?
QR does not care about profit. What's is important is to fly the flag and the name.
Cheaper, cheaper, cheaper will bear cheaper results shortly. Keep discovering.
EY is new but won't care about profit either now and in the future, as long as the barrel stays at 50USD.
However it bases its present performance on poor management credentials and skills despite all the publicity, massive expenditure on equipment just like EK last decade. The difference here being that EY has plenty more of money.
EY is banking on cheap labour from the start to produce what EK produced last decade. It'll be a total failure.
WY lives its own life and it has its own resources proper of a country that props up its own kind. Good luck to them. Most likely they will move up a gear within the next 5 years.
It's normal to see history rewritten even with bad caligraphy...
Good Management demands as much as it offers (and accomplishes) to keep their staff happy. This is written all over the place, but who follows it? The Manager that dares to do so will be on his/her way out pretty soon...

Left Wing
15th Apr 2005, 10:47
EKs new biz plan is to be the most profitable and not the best airline any more. So service stds drop, cutting corners where possible etc etc.

newscaster
27th Apr 2005, 17:49
What are they going to announce on Monday? new countries? or additional markets in existing network?

ExSimGuy
29th Apr 2005, 20:50
Dunno! You tell me :rolleyes:

airmemphis
29th Apr 2005, 21:04
Nothing on their website

http://www.airarabia.com/

The only info I know is that Alexandria (HBE) is their most profitable service and its the only destination served with 2x daily flights.

Rani
30th Apr 2005, 13:30
I would bet one of the new destinations is Nairobi. There is a big market for LCC service on the UAE-East Africa run. Unless bilateral air services agreements does not allow Air Arabia to serve Kenya.

newscaster
30th Apr 2005, 13:45
Maybe Pakistan or hopefully Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Iraq? all have bilaterals with SHJ and their airlines already serve the Emirate with the exception of Iraqi, or they may return to Iran perhaps all three cities Tehran, Isfahan and Shiraz, maybe Mashad.

Wishful thinking Urumqi in China, since China Southern fly Beijing-Urumqi-SHJ with 757 twice weekly.

newscaster
2nd May 2005, 17:58
Well, well, Kabul guess came out right even though Pakistan, Iraq and Iran had greater chances.

Sharm el Sheikh and Luxor are the other two cities, so one new country and two new cities in an existing market.

www.justplanes.com

airmemphis
2nd May 2005, 22:23
Thats fantastic news for Egypt!!!!

So now that's Alexandria, Assiut, Sharm El Sheikh and Luxor all served by G9.

When will these new services start?

rsoman
3rd May 2005, 09:40
TRV or COK (maybe even CCJ but they are closed to the ME carriers).
Big market - although AI has stolen a march over them with the just launched AI Express.

Incidentally AI express launched to DXB instead of SHJ- is it because DXB now wants to attract LCCs as well?

KingKamkam
30th May 2005, 03:46
I just came across a banner for Air Arabia in www.aviationjobsearch.com looking for A320 pilots. They are offering 21,350 Dhs plus benf. for First Officers as the actual site says 13,000 Dhs to 15,000 Dhs based on the hours on type.

Can someone from inside clear this out for us?

What is the exact salary?

What are the benefits?

In few words, how is the company in general?

I heard they picked guys up with just the type rating, is that true?

thanx

newscaster
16th Jul 2005, 13:38
The airline have termianted service to Kabul after just a month or so of service, why?

They may also be adding new destinations Madinah in Saudi Arabia and Almaty in Kazkahstan which will be their first market in central Asia, as the two are already listed at their site along side the destinations served by them, not in schedules or fare structure yet though.

mascarpone
16th Jul 2005, 13:58
Another airline managed by arabs I guess no foresight or vision

newscaster
16th Jul 2005, 14:19
Well I for one would have imagined them to have been more successful on the route with their newer A320, low fares, world class standard choice of snacks and drinks even though one has to pay for them, better crew etc, a definite hit with more quality concious passengers and western expats who may have to take an occassional round of KBL for business, better than what Ariana has to offer on the route even with the larger A300.

Would expect the same if Air Arabia had to reciprocate the service to Tashkent for which Uzbek use a 767, Urumqi which is a China Southern 757, Dushanbe which is a Tajik Tu154 all of these aircraft are the largest of their fleets, even for China Southern's Xinjiang subsidiary.

All of the airlines above fly into Sharjah with the aircrafts mentioned, so how come Air Arabia cant find a market in these countries with a better product.

jackbauer
16th Jul 2005, 19:31
world class standard choice of snacks and drinks
Are you serious? Never laughed so much in a long time. How on earth do you have such a thing. Can I have a packet of nuts and make them world class standard please!
a definite hit with more quality concious passengers and western expats Its a low cost airline for gods sake, you sound like a press release.

newscaster
17th Jul 2005, 11:45
Compared to Ariana they are definitely World Class even with the peanuts served, how many people would want to risk flying with Ariana when they can choose the latter, Ariana may be a pleasent surprise for soem who dare to fly them but on teh SHJ-KBL route Air Arabia would be top choice for many, depsite being an LCC, its like comparing Easy Jet and Belavia,which would you fly if they operaed from western Europe to Minsk?

Rani
21st Jul 2005, 14:37
Mascarone,
Your ugly comment about Arabs is not taken lightly over here. Where would you be without those Arab airlines offering SO many opportunities for young expats to prove themselves?

Your other theory about Arabs being visionless and incapable of running their airlines is equally dumb. Look at older airlines like MEA, Royal Jordanian, and Egypt Air, theve have been around long before your mother delivered you. Obviously, they were/are doing something right.

Ever heard of Dr. Assad Kotaite? Quit bashing Arabs, and instead, aim for some insight.

c560xl
7th Aug 2005, 19:18
Hi

Needs a help regarding Air Arabia.

I have got an interview comming up this month.
Any info, what they ask, waht in the sim check, any tech qiz
Any help will be higly appreciated

Happy landings

Riker
8th Aug 2005, 00:59
Poor pay and cr@p schedules from what I have read. Potential to upgrade if growth continues and you don't mind Sharjah and poor pay (unless you have a good contract).

Good luck

bluebirde2000
10th Aug 2005, 12:34
I have applied for a management position in Commercial and never got an answer :confused:

Sheep Guts
11th Aug 2005, 02:44
I have applied for an FO position with no answer.

Do they need crew?

Sheep

cabbages
10th Sep 2005, 11:46
would be interested in getting in touch with anyone at air arabia, looking for some gen on what the company is like to work for, please feel free to pm me

newscaster
27th Sep 2005, 16:53
The airline will be announcing 11 new places in November, any idea which? also new Arabic font for title plus new look website www.airarabia.com

crazy_max
27th Sep 2005, 22:23
Really? Wow, that is great.....I'll alert the media.

newscaster
18th Nov 2005, 14:02
The have started services to two cities in Kazakhstan, Almaty twice weekly and Astana once a week, interestingly they are only the third foreign airline to serve Astana.

On the other hand Etihad Cargo have suspended their weekly service to Almaty which was launched just a couple of months back making them the first Arab carrier to fly there and to the central Asian region as well.

mutt
18th Nov 2005, 15:23
I thought that Air Arabia was following a low cost carrier concept, i find it strange that they have chosen these destintations!

Mutt

concordino
18th Nov 2005, 16:37
Hi Mutt,

It is sexual meat hauling if you know what i mean :E

Prices have been on the increase ... the more of them around, the lower the prices... therefore more visitors...

Back in the days , camel caravans did the job. They are replaced today with shiny new A320's...

Left Wing
19th Nov 2005, 02:46
Is the flesh trade that big an airline has to start a new route to "tap" that market?:confused:

Guess there will more flts to smaller cities in China too now:p

CatII
19th Nov 2005, 04:32
Hey Concordine & Left Wing

As a local residents of the region it is also your social obligation to ease the market by contributing some from your own household to the market to keep the economy evolving within, so you could grab more of the mighty $$$

newscaster
19th Nov 2005, 14:07
Any idea why they quit Kabul after just a month or so of service?

wastafarian
19th Nov 2005, 16:04
Probably lack of loads-- Kabul I imagine isn't a hot tourist destination, and while there is lots of "meat" there, it turns out that it was mostly goats-- and well experienced ones at that-- thanks to Unkle Osama and the Taliban spending a few months in caves with little to do until the bombing stopped.

Sure, low-cost flights for even lower-cost entertainment, but the Dubai crowd has slightly more refined tastes.

Offensive link removed. 4HP

newscaster
22nd Nov 2005, 11:56
Air Arabia are also rumored to launch Moscow(VKE) and Nizhniy Novgorod in January most likely.

newscaster
8th Jan 2006, 15:04
Moscow(VKO) will be served jointly by Armenian Internationl via Yerevan, and Tehran will begin from Feb, thrice weekly nonstop, is VKO with G9 equipment or Armenian A320?

newscaster
10th Jan 2006, 10:28
Air Arabia site says nonstop G9 A320, so whats the Armenian International connection in this deal?

flynhigh
15th Jan 2006, 15:18
Looking for QOL and pay at air arabia. Thanks for the info.

uspilot
28th Feb 2006, 15:31
Looking for Info On Air Arabia. anything good or bad. Have interview coming up but can't find anything on them. How is the interview is the Sim on 320. thanks for any info.

FlyHigher
21st Mar 2006, 22:49
Hi all

Anybody with some infos about Air Arabia for:
-Monthly block hours and duty times;
-Average take home;
-Life at company;
-Housing cost at Sharjah;
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

flynhigh
22nd Mar 2006, 01:03
I have the same Questions, Thanks for any info.

flynhigh
24th Mar 2006, 16:03
Can someone please post some info about AA. How much a FO can Bring home per month. their website says about 13000 to 15000 is that enough to live in SHJ with a wife and a kid. How long to upgrade, is it safe company to go to. how is life in SHJ. thanks....

FlyHigher
24th Mar 2006, 16:21
I'm looking for the same informations.
I heard that a captain make around AED33,500 per month and a F/O around AED25,500 per month.
Anyone can confirm those figures?

Many thanks in advance

flynhigh
24th Mar 2006, 17:55
FLYHIGH

I hope someone answer our question but I think the 25000 and 32000 with housing. I could be wrong.

FlyHigher
24th Mar 2006, 18:00
Well, I'm not sure, but I think it's including the house allowance.

Lets see if there´s someone willing to share some infos.

Terd Furguson
24th Mar 2006, 20:24
Basic Salary
Captain- 18000 to 21000 aed depending on experience
F/O- 13000 to 15000 aed
Allowances (housing,transport)
Captain- 9500 aed
F/O- 7000 aed
Flying pay (aed)
Captain- 30/hr(1-25 hrs),60/hr(26-50 hrs),120hr(51-75 hrs),240/hr(76+ hrs)
F/O- 20/hr,40/hr,80/hr,160/hr
Duty pay
10 dirhams/hr each for time on duty (average 150hrs/month)
Overnight Pay
230 Dirhams for every CMB overnight (the only night stop)
Working on Day off
Captain- 280 aed
F/O- 220 aed
Average month - 85 hours flight time
Bonus last year was 2 months basic salary
Upper management very good and committed to a prosperous future, work with great people, not without it's problems but overall...a positive place to be.
Hope that helps.

flynhigh
24th Mar 2006, 20:51
Thanks alot for the info. Do you know how long for the upgrade and are they adding anymore airplanes and any more new City's. thanks again for your help.

FlyHigher
24th Mar 2006, 21:14
Great post Terd, lots of info.:ok:
Thanks

bluepacific
25th Mar 2006, 01:52
Where do I sign ???
Do they take non rated ?
BP

flynhigh
25th Mar 2006, 02:28
I don't think they take none rated people, But I could be wrong. Their pay look's better than EY for flying 320's. Now the question is, what is cost of living in SHJ. from the post above for FO look's like you can make about 25 to 26000 a month I hope it's enough money to live in SHJ and save some. I was told the rents are very High in U.A.E anywhere you live.

Terd Furguson
25th Mar 2006, 05:27
320 type rated only however there is an ab-initio program in place for Nationals.
Do take on second officers with a bare type rating and progress/promote to F/O status. Upgrades to date have been extended to F/Os with approximately 1 year at the company however a few have been bypassed due to lack of an ATPL.
Roughly 60 pilots now operating 5 aircraft with 3 more airplanes coming by the end of 2006. Have announced new destinations Kabul and Istanbul with more to be announced as the new airplanes arrive.
For more info, see www.airarabia.com
Cheers.

dxbpilot
25th Mar 2006, 23:38
Hi , I was thinking about doing a F/O course with jetlink, apparently all the pilots that have done the A320 type rating did their 500 hours with Air Arabia and then were all employed as F/O's there. Can you give me any more info on this Terd?

(please no debate on the self funded type rating etc etc)

FlyHigher
28th Mar 2006, 11:22
Terd Furguson, please check you PM.
Many thanks.

ItsAjob
29th Mar 2006, 12:23
Hi , I was thinking about doing a F/O course with jetlink,

66,000 euro????
Are you being serious?

dxbpilot
30th Mar 2006, 01:46
Yes I have been considering the course as it would pay its self off in three years. If I pay for a instructor rating that would probly pay itself off in around 3 years aswell but I will have jet time instead off single piston engine time.

Nokuya
19th May 2006, 01:35
Just wondering if anyone out there is current on the employment situation with Air Arabia, the LCC based out of Sharjah? Wondering if they employ low timer, non-type rated guys...with the year bond of employment without salary?

Any information would be great?

Cheers,

N-man :)

uspilot
23rd May 2006, 14:40
you will not get any info on AA here. everybody is to busy bashing EK and other airline's. Sorry I hope someone will respond.

fractional
23rd May 2006, 15:02
You'll have salary... You may have to sign a bit of your life though. Contact them directly as the other are bashing the Gulf majors according to uspilot...:ugh:

Hansol
19th Jun 2006, 09:48
Does anyone have any strong opinions good or bad on Sharjah based "Air Arabia"?

Indepen
23rd Jun 2006, 05:34
Well Air Arabia seems to be the first real LCC in the region. New A/C, reliable OPS and I had the impression, the crews are very well skilled. Flew with them twice KBL-SHJ and vv, will chose them again.
Would be great if anyone would provide some background information.
Indepen

inverter
7th Jul 2006, 13:14
Nokuya! sorry to disappoint uspilot "everybody is to busy bashing EK and other airline's."
matey no they don't look at low timers. i am sure they hv enough on time & type rated applications in their data base.
why don't u try some of the contracts flying in east or west africa?
regards
inv

Nokuya
12th Jul 2006, 01:51
Thanks for that....I heard some rumours which made to my part of the world and just wanted some information on it...

Cheers,

N-Man...:)

Air Arabia A320
12th Aug 2006, 20:46
First Are You From UAE ? if Yes then don't think alot about your test its easy

they need national pilots

thnx

Abuqais
16th Aug 2006, 22:20
Second, even if your English is minimum... you are ON

i have an old faa cpl/ir do u think they will be intrested?:O

skycrew76
20th Aug 2006, 10:32
Terms and Compensation Package :
Contract period - Three year and renewable.
Training – We provide first rate comprehensive training spanning over a month to get you
licensed as Cabin Crew A320.
Salary – Tax free salary of AED 4,725/- per month and Flying pay of approx. US $550 per
month depending on the number of hours you fly.
Insurance Comprehensive World Wide Medical Insurance cover.
Life Insurance Cover including Workman’s Compensation.
Annual Leave – 30 calendar days per year of service.
Ticket – Annual ticket to the nearest international airport in country of origin
Unlimited rebated tickets on Air Arabia to any of the destinations to which we fly for you and
your family.
End of Service Benefits – In line with UAE Labour Law.
Bonus - Based on performance

skycrew76
20th Aug 2006, 10:36
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS – CAPTAIN
• Basic pay – Between Dhs. 19,000/- to 21,000/- per month based on your current hours on
A320.
• Allowances – Dhs.9,500/- per month
In addition you will be paid for the actual flying hours at the following rate:
• 01- 25 hours @ Dhs.30/- per hour
• >25-50 hours @ Dhs.60/- per hour
• >50-75 hours @ Dhs.120/- per hour
• 75 hours and above@ Dhs.240/- per hour
Duty Pay of AED 10/- per hour for flight duty time.
Other Benefits :
• Private medical insurance for self, spouse and 3 children under the age of 18 years.
• Life & Accident Insurance cover for self for Dhs.250,000/-
• Loss of License Insurance cover for US$ 150,000/-
• Education allowance - For three children from the age of 04 to 18 years as per details
below and is reimbursed based on producing receipts:-
Education outside UAE
Primary Level (up to Grade IV) – Up to a maximum of Dhs.800/- per month, per child.
Secondary Level (From Grade V till the age of 18 years) – Up to a maximum of Dhs.1000/-
per month, per child.
Education within UAE
Primary Level (up to Grade IV) – Up to a maximum of Dhs.1,600/- per month, per child.
Secondary Level (From Grade V till the age of 18 years) – Up to a maximum of Dhs.2,000/-
per month, per child.
• Relocation allowance- Allowance for up to 500 kgs of personal effects.
• Visa Expenses - In the UAE for spouse and 3 children under the age of 18 years.
• Annual leave- 45 calendar days per year.
• Annual Ticket- Annual passage on economy class to nearest international airport in the
country of origin. On destinations to which Air Arabia operates, the passage will be on Air
Arabia only. This eligibility is for spouse and three children up to the age of 18 years old.
• Air Arabia Travel benefits - Unlimited rebated standby tickets on Air Arabia and one set of
free firm tickets for self, spouse, and three children per annum on Air Arabia

Terd Furguson
20th Aug 2006, 14:22
Check P.M.s please.

magnum44
24th Aug 2006, 04:45
Recently Air Arabia has employed pilots from Oman Air who left because they were not treated with respect under the management of Captain MM and his gang. Suprisingly one of his biggest supporter and fanatic Captain YS (Bin Laden) has been employed in Air Arabia. Captain Bin Laden never flew the jets in Oman Air (only F27 and ATR)because of his beliefs that alcohol and women are serving on board. I wonder what is Air Arabia female pilots and cabin crew are going to be treated by this maniac. He also never wanted to trim his untidy long beard. This man held the position of Divisional Manager Operation three times, never made it, and his always hungry of more money and power. There days were numbered after two brothers in the ministry of communication who used to protect them were all kicked out.
I wonder what was the management at air arabia were thinking to employ him.
Who knows, maybe you will also take Captain MM with you who is hungry of power, recently kicked out of management for mismagement of his department.

menikos
24th Aug 2006, 11:00
You have to respect his beliefs even if you're not ok with, he in his own right to have a beard and Oman air and Air Arabia are company from muslim countries, so if you not happy with that go back to home or if you are a national take it easy or move.

I'm very shocked by such a behavior it's like tomorrow everyone decide to impose to others his point of view, NO WAY, we have to respect each other and above all respect the integrity of each other even if we disagree the way of life of mr or miss ******, you can be atheist, jew, christian, muslim, whatever, it's up to you, but please keep you xenophobic comments for you.

Bye

inverter
24th Aug 2006, 13:10
:D good job Magnum44, it appears you also have had the pleasure to work under capt MM's clan:uhoh: !flying the F-27 or the Otter? i am sure Laden man YS:8 gave you upset inflight tummy. And thru your threads you also seem pretty down by the way the aviation is handled in this part of the greater circle.
And what are you doing nowadays? still flying the F-27 out of OMDB!!
Menikos' attitude towards his fellow airmen is what we really need and not an unhappy lad (magnum44) who gets je----- of his ex-colleagues progress.
K Regards
INVERTER

menikos
24th Aug 2006, 17:00
Through hi colleague no pb but the beard and so sound like his attacking islam, he can attack the man because of his behavior or simply his skill(s) but he has to be wise in his own comments I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Anyway hope you and him will find a better job with people who suits you.

busaidy222
31st Aug 2006, 02:39
MM left to Air Arabia

inverter
31st Aug 2006, 11:23
:eek: u mean he is joining the lead with YS??
Wow what a completion.

busaidy222
31st Aug 2006, 22:04
yes inverter he did

bluepacific
1st Sep 2006, 06:16
As far as I've heard Capt MM ain't going any where.
BP

busaidy222
1st Sep 2006, 12:36
:= I heard yesterday that capt MM left omanair to air arabia.

bluepacific
1st Sep 2006, 13:44
Ahhh ok, there just might be a light at the end of the tunnel.
BP

pilot7007
29th Sep 2006, 10:58
I recommend you before starting to speak about people to make Sure that you are right ;) Okay brother......Because Captain M.M and Captain Y.S they are against each other ,,,,,,,How can you say that Captain M.M well join Air Arabia .......I f U wanna me To remind you A history Of Oman Air Do u remeber the two Pilots Captain H and Captain N they are traning Captains in Air Arabia Now......:) So Think from your head thoase two Pilots Resined from Oman AIR Because Of Captin M.M ....How Come Captin M.M well join Air Arabia := Is Impossible my Friend ........dont through speach to people and something else The two guys as you saying they were kicked Out From Ministry Of transport You Are Laying because one of them is Advisor To the Minister on Civil Aviation Affairs......Don Lie to people becaue you well go to hell...:cool:

bluepacific
29th Sep 2006, 13:38
:= I heard yesterday that capt MM left omanair to air arabia and i am 100% sure about it.
I'm afraid your information is not correct 222, Capt MM ain't going any where.
BP.
Hey, 4HP, Me thinks I've figured the "Quote" thing now. :}

inverter
29th Sep 2006, 15:18
From Pilot7007 Quote,"Don Lie to people becaue you well go to hell..."

Hey P7007. Can you please try not to be emotional and become a preacher by advising who will end up in hell:= , but shed some light and be more specific whom you are talking about?
Is YS or MM the advisor to the minister!! Cause 800kms away from an organization, I am sure YS would not be much of help in advising while working as an F/O!
Thanks man
INV

SilverArrow661
30th Sep 2006, 00:05
hi guys

there is a gossip that the chief training captain is leaving to airbus industries in India , any clarifications ? who will take over ?

S.A661

Fat Clemenza
30th Sep 2006, 08:19
That would be really bad news for them since they are already lacking crews at all levels

pilot7007
30th Sep 2006, 17:38
Hi Collegue:
Am sorry for my behaivour in last mesage ,But i think everyone Knows that No one was happy when Captain M.M was In that position Many Pilots Resined Because of Him ,,,,,,:( Many Good Pilots they resind But What To do this is the Life i Really wish them all the Best With their Carrer Inshalah ,,,,,,But there Well be an improvement Inshallah Espically with A new D.M.O and S.M.L.O who Used to be a fleet captain :ok: I wish them all the best Inshallah ,,,,,We have to woek As a team In the company and try to keep One Hand So we Can Reach To Our Goal Which Is A Safe Flight ......Cheeer Brothers

bluepacific
1st Oct 2006, 02:58
A new DMO, a new SMLO, a new Fleet Capt, a new SMTS, nothing will change until you change the real stumbling block, HR. :ugh: Till thats done nothing proposed will be accepted.
How HR dictates Ops is amazing, it should be the other way around.:confused:
BP

hasoon
20th Nov 2006, 09:21
:) hello guys,,did any one interview by air arabia need to know more detail about the exam,s ?thanx

dxba330
21st Nov 2006, 03:09
Heard this weekend that Air Arabia increased the bond for the guys they give a type rating to, from 3 years now to 5 years ! And also now any one joining Air Arabia with a type rating has to sign a contract saying they will not go to any other UAE airline for 3 years!

Great way to stop the pilots from leaving, but what kind of pilots will that attract?

Note, post was move to cabin crew from here for some reason

sand-dweller
29th Nov 2006, 19:13
Air Arabia is increasing all of their bond lengths as one way to make sure that they keep their pilots! They are having a hard time getting enough pilots, with moral at a new low, lower pay than the other carriers in the region and all pilots going to the legal max hours. That along with no basic pay increase since the start and no real overtime pay.

The latest from the chief pilot is some leave for December will be cancelled as not enough pilots and many of those hired are not showing up. On top of that, they could not plan for the full month so they issued rosters only for the first 15 days!

wastafarian
30th Nov 2006, 05:21
sounds to me like mesures of despiration and panic.

filejw
30th Nov 2006, 06:47
Can't be that desperate as they still have an age 50 limit.Surely they could use a few 50 yr old Capt's on some type of short contract. Not for me mind you.

Hansol
1st Dec 2006, 12:45
Sand dweller where did you get this tosh that pilots at AA have not had a rise in basic pay, to my knowledge last years rise was in the order of 15%.

sand-dweller
3rd Dec 2006, 03:31
It depends whose spin on the pay you listen to.

Management have been good at changing the way the pilots are paid each year to make the raise look larger. In a month with full vacation there has been zero increase for all pilots, and for new Captains the base pay has decreased by 10% since the company first started. Also, originally the company added the yearly service increase to the base pay, but when they figured out that would increased any bonus or the amount of Gratuity they had to pay, they reversed the base pay increase and came up with a “Seniority Allowance”. And, the flight pay system introduced to replace overtime, pays at a rate only 50% of other carrier in the region.

The Chief Pilot put out a Memo show the pay raise was 18%, but that was only for one month when the average for the year was around 7% but depended on when you took vacation and how fast you did your 900 hrs.:ugh:

hasoon
6th Dec 2006, 07:39
hello,if any one fly with air arabia i need some kind of advice .please send back private messages.thanx

doggydog
4th Jan 2007, 14:36
:ok: Hello guys and girls. Just wanted to know if anybody out there has information regarding Air Arabia's recruitment process. I know its generally an interview and sim ride in the A320. But if somebody has current specific information ,your help would be very, very much appreciated! My interviews next month...

dog

doggydog
4th Jan 2007, 23:37
Hello, i have an interview coming up with AA and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the process, interview, sim etc. any help would be much appreciated!!!

cameltoe2006
5th Jan 2007, 00:49
It's a 2-day selection process. First day - a short tech quiz, followed by a group exercise and then a panel interview with some management guys and the head of HR. Second day - sim evaluation.

The questions are mostly taken from the FCOMs and some basic ATPL stuff just to test your tech knowledge and how well you know your aircraft. I can't give you any particular example but if you start reading your FCOMs now then the tech quiz would come fairly easy.

In the group exercise you will be given a problem scenario wherein you and your groupmates are required to come up with a solution. Give inputs, make suggestions but don't be too loud or be too aggressive. Teamwork is the keyword here.

The interview is basically a "getting to know you" stuff. Just be yourself. Be calm. They are a very nice and friendly bunch of folks.

The sim eval is a typical engine failure on take off. Vectors to finals IMC conditions, raw data approach and landing. Brush up also on your go-around procedures. Better to make a go-round than force the airplane to land in unstable conditions. Be prepared as well for a possible EGPWS or Windshear after take off scenario. Again the keyword here is good CRM. Just give it your best shot.

And about the company? Depending on an individual's perspective, but in my opinion I would say it's one nice and cool outfit. The people are nice and friendly. If you are coming to work here, just be prepared to have an open mind about living in the Gulf area. Some people like it here, some people don't. But like I said, it all boils down on how you want to live your life. Remember that you are a joining a low cost carrier, and as with other LCC's, the business model is based on simplicity and there's just no point comparing it with the other majors. Right now the company is expanding by leaps and bounds. Given a few more years though, who knows, Air Arabia might just be the next Emirates or Etihad. Inshallah!

Goodluck!

doggydog
5th Jan 2007, 01:40
Gday Camel,

Thankyou very much for the informative post. Im really looking forward to it all.

Dog;)

hasoon
9th Jan 2007, 10:10
hello cameltoe2006, please check your private messages.thank you

windupmerchant-1
9th Jan 2007, 15:31
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/winksbuddie.gif Air Arabia
Hey I am working for Arabia and must say its a fantastic company to work for.:ok: Just join and do what i am doing;) stay one or two years and then move onto bigger and better things such as Emirates:} it is easy once you are with Air Arabia they give you plenty of hours and training :D :D :D what better preparation to join Emirates:O it is a walk in park :E :E :E I have already paved my way to EK so dont be afraid to try and you might make it as well.:p :\ :p
So good Luck you all:ok:

BusTie
9th Jan 2007, 18:08
Hummmmm!!!!

I thought Emirates wasn't taking from Arabia. It is well known in the Gulf.

The same way Emptyhad is not taking anyone from Gulf Air and Qatari.

only time will tell.

cameltoe2006
10th Jan 2007, 03:15
Hummmmm!!!!

I thought Emirates wasn't taking from Arabia. It is well known in the Gulf.

The same way Emptyhad is not taking anyone from Gulf Air and Qatari.

only time will tell.

Last year two AA pilots applied with EK and they got thru. I don't know if there are anyone else leaving this year. Maybe M. Taher Saber can give us any info...

dxba330
10th Jan 2007, 06:19
Good day Cameltoe.

I know one of the pilots that came over and they say it was the best decision. A lot less work and much more money.

But it is funny how great you say Air Arabia is because several friends I know there are not happy at all. No rosters to speak of. Everyday is a roster change. Worked to the legal max every month and then some are forced to go on your annual vacation. Overtime pay is next to nothing also.

A couple of the FOs i know went there because they were told they were going to get a quick upgrade. that has slowed really down and since the pay at EK is much better a few are now applying to come over here.

Guess we will see if they are accepted....

cameltoe2006
10th Jan 2007, 10:39
G'day too, dxba330.

A bit funny what I said, but I am speaking about the company from my own point of view. I also mentioned that AA is low cost, and if you look at other LCC's in the Gulf region and even Asia, AA I think is comparatively better. I presume that you are flying with EK, and if you are happy where you are, then good for you. I am most certain though that not everyone there shares the same feeling as yours. So again, it all boils down to an individual's point of view.

I want you to know as well that I am a man of dignity and honor. To be honest with you, I also received invitations from both EK and EY, but I still have a contract to fulfill and I am legally and morally bound to honor it. If your friends are not happy in AA then by all means they can leave anytime and seek that elusive path to happiness. Air Arabia may have its own problems (e.g. rostering), which is quite typical for a new starter and the so-called "growing pains" as it is in the process of expanding. But these are solvable problems with doable solutions and do not speak about the whole company per se. The company I believe is looking after these problems and are particularly concerned about the welfare of its pilots. Rumours even have it that 3 or 4 months basic salary will be given as bonus. Where else can you find a company as generous as this? On average, Captains earn a minimum of 37000 dhms/mo and FOs get around 28000/mo. which to me is not so bad when you speak about a low cost company.

So please read again my previous post. I speak solely based on how I feel. Happiness, after all, is a relative thing.

Good day! :ok:

teghjeet
10th Jan 2007, 13:52
Hi Cameltoe pls see your PM

inverter
10th Jan 2007, 14:38
Quote,"Air Arabia
Hey I am working for Arabia and must say its a fantastic company to work for.:ok: Just join and do what i am doing;) stay one or two years and then move onto bigger and better things such as Emirates:} it is easy once you are with Air Arabia they give you plenty of hours and training :D :D :D what better preparation to join Emirates:O it is a walk in park :E :E :E I have already paved my way to EK so dont be afraid to try and you might make it as well.:p :\ :p
So good Luck you all:ok:"unquote

I am certain the above post is not by the person whose name has been used! This is against the basic PPrune membership rules. Who would brag like that? And the person with this post has nothing better to do:confused:
INV

Hamid_27
11th Jan 2007, 02:10
Hi all,

iv heard from many people, including an instructor at Fujairah aviation acadamy (in the UAE - Near Dubai), that Air Arabia, and other airlines in the UAE, possibly Emptyhad, and Emirates are looking at Fujairah to provide them with a steady stream of pilots as the airlines grow, since they cannot get enought nationals to train because there arnt many nationals in UAE:sad:, and since many pilots are leaving because they are mistreated,:ouch: also amongst other problems including pay against the high inflation of the Dirham:( , and housing problems.:suspect:

im intresting in doing the 0-ATPL course there and try my luck so by the time i finish, they should be real desprete:E :E :E :E...

anyone got anymore info?:ok:

regards,

Hamid_27

Hansol
11th Jan 2007, 02:17
G9 already fly to Tehran so we are only talking about an increase in frequency. They used to operate a Moscow but it didn't work, so if Armenian want to take it on from G9's Yerevan I am sure they will be happy to connect.

hasoon
13th Jan 2007, 08:51
:) hi all, any one done the psychometric test with airarabia? need help urgent regarding the test.thank you

cameltoe2006
17th Jan 2007, 15:00
Hello guys! Pls check your PMs. Sorry for the late replies...Wish you all the best!

newscaster
17th Jan 2007, 18:44
Air Arabia are to start Pakistan this year, Karachi and Peshawar are the cities they will serve.

W Weasel
20th Jan 2007, 14:38
Air Arabia has some real problems and some fantastic perks. From the pilots standpoint the major problems exist in several areas.
ABY is a money-making machine! Loads, to India especially, are in the 90+ %. Flights are full throughout the year. Once a new city opens, the flights quickly fill (within weeks) to 80% + load-factor. Growth is unbelievable and a large percentage of the Captains were first officers only a few years ago. These facts, lead to many of the complaints.
Currently there are 8 aircraft on property with one wet lease. 3 additional a/c are coming this year and if 2006 was an indicator the true number will likely be 4-5.
The Bad
1. Pay and benefits are not comparable to other carriers in the region (not even close.)
2. Pay is not commensurate to the amount of work the crews do.
3. Scheduling is horrific and little change is in sight. Comments like Air Arabia is a startup airline are no longer valid.
4. Housing pay is insufficient for the actual cost of living.
5. Leaders in HR are Indian nationals that feel pilots should live like other working Indians in the UAE.
6. Education reimbursement costs are extremely low and inadequate for anyone with children.
7. Work is extremely hard with an inordinate amount of flying between 10PM and 8AM local time at no extra pay.
8. There are no overnight rests (except for Colombo, Sri Lanka.)
9. No retirement and no travel benefits.
10. Medical horrible and no dental
The Good
1. The actual working environment (the cockpit) is a fun place to be.
2. Management lets you do your job and does not micromanage your performance.
3. The airplanes are all new and very well maintained (by most standards.)
4. Upgrades for F/Os are quick and usually within the time period mentioned when the pilot arrives (assuming the pilot has the credentials.)
5. Management is usually straight forward (except on the rates of pay.) What they say (while you may not like it) usually is what they mean and will do. Open doors at all levels from Fleet Manager to CEO.
6. A fully diverse pilot group. The Former Soviet Union is represented with Armenians to Ukrainians. Europe has Spanish, Irish, Belgians, Italians, French, Portuguese, and of course the British. The Americas are represented by Canadians, Brazilians, and Columbians. The Arab world ranges from Tunisians, Sudanese and Egyptians in Africa to Oman, Iranians and Emiratees in the East.
7. Pay is always on time and bonuses are within those of others. (Talk is this year it will be 4 months basic salary.)
8. For a young kid flight time is rapidly gained.
9. Paid annual leave ticket to your home of record for you, spouse and up to 3 children.
10. Talk of stock given in an IPO.
It appears the philosophy of Air Arabia is NOT to have long term employees. The turnover rate is extremely high. Pilots are constantly understaffed; however, proper staffing will result in large pay reductions for the remaining pilots. There have been a number of “cadet pilots” who have worked for no pay, but did get experience. After finishing their cadet status, they are brought on the seniority list and rapidly gain additional experience. Some of these have since left and gone to carriers like Easy Jet in Europe. Also, pilots who have never had command status before now have been upgraded to Captain. It is their first command and within three years they can have 2400 hours command time.
Now there is nothing from preventing a pilot for staying as long as he or she desires. Longevity raises are annual and while not included in your “basic salary” for reasons mentioned on other posts; the cash spends all the same. They have the largest number of female pilots (based upon the ratio of total pilots to female pilots) in the area. There is already an Arabic female Captain and the first female F/O is currently in her upgrade evaluation process.
A large percentage of the pilots are upset. I do feel management is aware of this situation and their course of action will determine the future. A pilot will work extremely hard flying 100 + hours every month and do 150 – 175 duty hours a month. While the print says “home every night,” that is misleading. Home is really only a short rest period, for the pilot has insufficient legal time to go to dinner and have a few drinks with his wife before he flies again. It is very common for a pilot to leave at 9PM and fly all night returning at 8AM the next morning. Then the pilot will go and fly again at 9PM that same evening. This will be done to the limits of the law (3 in a row and 4 in 7 days.)
The company also has the belief that a pilot should work a set number of days (which is getting harder to do.) The stated number of days off is 8 per month however; the flying is getting longer all the time. 9 hours flight time a day is very common in only two sectors and the company average is over 7 hours per day. Doing the math one can see that 100 hours does not add up to 22 days of work. As a result scheduling will have you fly long flights for most of the month and then fly short (DOH, BAH, MCT, KWI etc) flights to “fill” in the number of day. It is very common for a pilot to have 80 hours by the 15 of the month and then finish the month working 18-22 days at 95-100 hours. Two weeks of annual leave will still have you flying 45-60 hours.
Housing is a real issue and transportation is non existent. So for the most part that is it!
Burners and Out!

hasoon
24th Jan 2007, 22:16
:) hi all, any one done the psychometric test with airarabia? need help urgent regarding the test.thank you[/quote]

mustangV8
25th Jan 2007, 08:24
-Does AA induct non-national ab-initio cadets?

-How long does it take for a SO to get to an FO status?

-Are psycho. tests given much weightage?

Any help will be appreciated.

thanx,
mV8

Captain N
25th Jan 2007, 18:12
to the guys who work at A Arabia:

just wondering if you could tell me if AA would possibly start taking on non nationals with no experience???

i'm currently doing my flight training in the UK and hope to finish this summer, i would love to work in the middle east and AA seems a good place to start for someone like me who wants to eventually work for Etihad, Gulf or EY!

IF you think its a possibility i can be considered when i've completed my training what kind of salary would i be looking at for the first few years?

Happy landings

WannabeAirbusFlyer
6th Feb 2007, 07:09
Hi there,

I have a CASA CPL/Multi CIR with 270 hours total (inluding 60 multi). I was wondering if I would be eligible for recruitment into Air Arabia if I self sponsored an A320 Type Rating, and the relevant Airbus prescribed ELT (Entry Level Training - MCC + Jet Transition).

Any feedback in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Hansol
6th Feb 2007, 07:31
Drop them a mail no harm in asking.

WannabeAirbusFlyer
6th Feb 2007, 07:42
Thanks for the reply Hansol, will do.

Alpha 6
6th Feb 2007, 08:19
Hi there guys,

I was'nt aware that this thread exists...everything to know about Air Arabia. I just want to ask if anyone in here knows this certain AA pilot who refered VFR traffic as "idiots"? Please check the "Rude Air Arabia Pilot" thread for details regarding this matter. I just want you guys to know that this certain AA pilot is destroying the name of Air Arabia itself, which I believe is a respected Airline company.

Thank you guys for your time and good day

A6

cameltoe2006
6th Feb 2007, 08:24
A6,

Please check my latest post on the other thread.

camel

Hansol
12th Feb 2007, 02:28
I hear Air Arabia are looking for direct entry FO's and Captains for their 320's does anyone have anymore information please? I understand they have just announced a public offering and have plans for 35+ new aircraft over the next 5years, so should be some good chances for command.

fractional
14th Feb 2007, 17:26
Whether it is a big publicity campaign or not, but Air Arabia is now in everyone's mind. Is it really good? Well, they are going to places.
What will the arrival of Jazeera in DXB mean to AA? Will it be a creative way to avoid EK investing in a Low Cost and challenge AA from a short distance? Food for thought...

sand-dweller
18th Feb 2007, 09:41
Cameltoe,

Yes Management has open door, but don't go in, because my freind went in to the chief pilot with a complaint and the answer was "if you don't like it, leave". And a Captain that i flew with said the same thing had happened to him.

And the upgrades are not happening like they said they would, hiring lots of captains instead, direct.

rakoto
26th Feb 2007, 06:35
Kala 320, I sent you a PM ....

SAD IN QAC
1st Mar 2007, 13:00
hiya all ....

any one knows license requirements they wants for ab-initio pilots?

thanx :)

Hamid_27
1st Mar 2007, 13:03
Hey SAD IN QAC,

Do you know wheather Air Arabia accept non-UAE national ab initio pilots with 200hours with a type rating???

thanks

Hamid_27

SAD IN QAC
1st Mar 2007, 13:09
???

are u sure about that?

Hamid_27
1st Mar 2007, 14:23
sure about what:confused:

cameltoe2006
1st Mar 2007, 17:21
Why? :confused:

Hamid_27
1st Mar 2007, 19:28
hmm, sounds intresting. how long ago did you apply, have you got a job at the moment?

also, where did you train?

thanks

Hamid

airway125
2nd Mar 2007, 10:11
I am interezted to aa screening this month. But everyon saying dont go . they have bad conditions and bad atitude to employee.my colege was their last month for interview and sayd it wasnt good.interview for him lasted 20 min but for his frend it was at least 1 hour. he said if your face fits they already decide if you are in the job.if they dont like you they finish the interview quickly.the sim assesment is also very hard. can any1 please give me information if they have been to the assesment and if it is worth spending 500 euros to go their. at least 5 people told me dont go, you are always exceeding your hours and after 1 year uae becomes boring.

rakoto
3rd Mar 2007, 04:35
Kala320

Please check your PM ...

Rakoto

airway125
3rd Mar 2007, 15:21
hello kala330
can you pls send me the question and what esle you have to do. any tecnical question in interview what to expect in the sim. even what you say i want to give it a trie.i also send you pm. please reply.
.are you based in france? which company did you get job with in France.do you think i should go to the simulator before i go for screening.

320 star
3rd Mar 2007, 17:33
kala320

How can you judge a company that you have never seen?:=
You only met few people and you are judging all, not knowing which engine you are flying after half an hour of sim explains how bad you did and I am sure your bad performance was the main reason for not recruiting you, if you have failed the interview they would not even bother taking you to sim.
I fly for AA and have not seen any rude people as you said and definitely not our TM.
We have a very good environment and more non Moslem pilots then Moslems, so if they did not select you it would not be fair to misjudge the entire company, anyhow good they did not select you, we would like to keep the nice atmosphere. :ok:
Good luck with you new company;)

cameltoe2006
4th Mar 2007, 04:22
I didnt get the job because i was not good looking enough. so if you look like brad pitt then welcome to aa.

Bwahahaha! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

I look like Eddie Murphy but still got thru! Kala, maybe you should wear a fake mustache next time! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/21.gif

the flying scotsman1
4th Mar 2007, 12:00
:D After reading some of the posts regarding Air arabia, i was somewhat surprised of all the recent negative postings about them, I was at the selection in FEBRUARY and found no form of prejudice and found the whole recruitment team somewhat Impeccable.At the onset of the screening, we met initially the Chief Pilot who seemed very nice to us and was just giving us info regarding the company, he then introduced us to the head of HR and the TM. We were 5 in total and were initially given a psyco paper which was relatively straight forward, they are just wanting to check that you are not a complete lunatic.After this we were given a technical paper with around 45 questions mostly regarding airbus systems in particular autoflight, with some basic atpl quest.After this we were all given a group exercise which was to build a tower from straws, which what they want to see is TEAMWORK, dont worry if the tower falls down and dont act as if you are participating in a HOLLYWOOD movie as a few candidates were trying, the people at AA are certainly not stupid, just act yourself and dont try and act a leader.Emphasis is TEAMWORK and also try not to be an observer and officous.one of candidates was somewhat pertinacious which the rest of us didnt quite like, it was as if he had rehearsed this in the mirror for the last 2 years.In our group we most definitely didnt have reliance upon one another which is not the best way for a group discussion.it was somewhat dog eat dog.After this its time for the 3 to 1 interview.Chief Pilot, Training Manager and the Head of HR and me, i was first man in so didnt have the benefits of the others because they kept on asking what did they ask quick quick tell all. Actually the Interview went very well, its just about you and why you want to join, why not emirates and the the 3 most popular questions who would you vote out in group exercise (everyonebecause i want the job and im the best).If you got a job on a340 you would leave (no i cant be bothered studying anymore) the TM loves this quest he asked me it about 3 times, i suppose he wasnt impressed with my answer.the 3rd quest Why AA.the Interview lasts around 35 min and it was the same for everyone, one candidate kept reiterating he was out in 15 mins, but actually i think he could count and was saying the HR manageress walked out after 10 min because she didnt like his appearance and had already decided he was out(maybe she just needed to go to the toilet) or maybe he had bad breath, in any event we were all asked the same questions and all had the same time in the Interview. I thought the Management were really excellent, they put me at ease during the Interview, no tech quest its all about you,you,andyou.The TM is a little tricky to deal with but again very nice person.Okay day 1 over and the next day was the sim at emirates training centre, we meet the TRE a very young and calm TRE very nice and pleasant infact somewhat of a cool guy. WE were only 3/FO's for the sim so the Tre picked the 1st 2 and left me behind in the emirates lounge, after around 1 hour it was my turn he told me to jump in the right seat and one of the F/os would sit in right seat. I was extremely nervous and really tired i had just finished work so wasnt up for the sim, anyway "your in Dubai runway 12L cleared take off wind 200/25knots" which i missed, anyway strong xwind takeoff to land for visual,followed with S/E ILS go around strong crosswind and its over, anyway my sim also didnt go to well,the f/o i was flying with was somewhat a bit Crazy and was clearing the ecams before i was saying "clear". Anyway the TRE was very nice to all of us and was most definitely not out to fail us, infact i think the complete opposite he wanted us in.He even helpled me out several times.Anyway the sim was over he said goodbye we said goodbye and he even arranged for the transport back to our hotel which is all paid for via AA.
In relation to the PROFANE guy who is posting on this site saying YOU have to be BRad pitt or A moslem spelt MUSLIM incidentally grow the Fxxx up.Ofcourse they have a duty to employ LOcal UAE nationals, its a government request and not an individual company request.And also i was realy annoyed at one candidate whom was tunisian he did told us he had the questions for the tech exam which he obtained, but at the end of the day im sure AA are not stupid they can easily change the database of q's.
Overall i have no remorse of going to the Interview it was an experience and the management were Impeccable and it would be a great company to work for,But once again they are only employing actors/actresses/models/football players.(LOL)
Anyone needing any info regarding AA please dont hesitate to conatct me.Trust me its going to be the next EASYJET of the middle east:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Terd Furguson
4th Mar 2007, 13:35
Well my Haggis eating friend.....I hope we hire you as you sound like you would be a pleasure to work with. When you get on, I'll teach you how to slag-off all the VFR traffic and request straight in approaches....it's a hoot!! :ugh:
Good luck, eh! :ok:

kala320
4th Mar 2007, 14:28
I take it you got the job with them thats why you are defending them.Well I told you they are only employing moslem pilots thats why you would be selected. so best luck in all your nite flights and flying 130+hours per month.meenwhile I am happy to fly for a real company.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

airway125
4th Mar 2007, 14:40
:D :D :D hello Mr Scotsman, do you have the questions for the technical exam, if so can you help me.Thanks for the posting it was very nice, and seemed very honest. I have made up my mind and interested in going.any further info you have would be great.Did you get the job with them and if so have you started already.It will be nice to be your colleague.If you dont have the questions what should I study from Atpl and airbus in particular.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mustangV8
4th Mar 2007, 15:10
When you get on, I'll teach you how to slag-off all the VFR traffic and request straight in approaches....it's a hoot!!
Good luck, eh!
terd,
how do straight-in approaches screw up VFR traffic? Are your eyes open when u fly through OMSJ CTR??? (...thats control zone, by the way). The VFR guys are pretty efficient around the terminal area and dont care if they have to hold for 5 mins...so 'hoot' all you want.
mV8

busdriver22
4th Mar 2007, 16:05
I mean come on some of you guys are making this airline sound like its based in 90210. haha so funny. cracking up reading some of that stuff.
I would just like to share my info for people who are applying to air arabia, granted you hear complaints regarding some issues but hey thats the airline world in general, no matter where you go you will always have the good side and bad side of things. And with regards to kala320 comments about discrimination i dont think thats the case with them, last i heard that they have over 40 different nationalities working for them. But its ok i understand how people get when it comes down to rejection, some just take it worse than others.
i mean kala320 sorry to hear your ride didnt go that well, but you dont have to bash an entire airline just cause of your interview experience. I guess just wasnt your day.
Overall i believe air arabia has proven itself in this region and world for a matter of fact and just take a look at all the other airlines starting up that are trying to follow in their footsteps. I think it will have a very bright future.
Good Luck to all out there.
keep it real, keep it safe :-)

Alpha 6
4th Mar 2007, 16:49
When you get on, I'll teach you how to slag-off all the VFR traffic and request straight in approaches....it's a hoot!!

Terd,

What is it with you against VFR traffic,huh?!? Is it because your flying the friendly skies in a jet? as if your the only one who can do that...you think your some kind of a superpilot now huh?!? well...can you do very tight short approach to squeeze between jumbos and vacate asap in your bus? I don't think so...

Everyone...give a round of applause to Turd for being a superpilot cause he THINKS he can slag-off VFR guys:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sinbad1
4th Mar 2007, 17:05

"another thing i think they are just liking to employ moslem pilots, and maybe this is why they were bad with me and not the other people at the interview"

My dear ,you have not lived in the Middle East long enough for you to realise that the Gulf nationals ( The Locals ) love...Blond and green/blue eyes and non-moslem pilots.....:O

divdby0
5th Mar 2007, 07:41
"When you get on, I'll teach you how to slag-off all the VFR traffic and request straight in approaches....it's a hoot!!"

Yeah...but unfortunately someone in AA doesnt know jack:mad: about visual approaches. Thats why they got as close as 1 mile behind me when I was cleared to land on Rwy 30 at OMSJ. You guys probably need a refresher course on TCAS. The cyan, yellow and red blocks which you can see is on the TCAS...its not Tetris. :=

cameltoe2006
5th Mar 2007, 08:02
Be a good boy now, Terd, or mama's gonna spank yah!!! http://www.emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck05.gifhttp://www.emoticons4u.com/evil/1.gif

Lycan Av8tor
5th Mar 2007, 14:35
When you get on, I'll teach you how to slag-off all the VFR traffic and request straight in approaches....it's a hoot!! :ugh:

This is probably completely irrelevant on this particular thread, but what is it with you TURD and VFR Traffic? Did these guys delay you far too much whilst you were enjoying your nice cool flight deck at the holding point "G" for Rwy 30 OMSJ? Did any of the newly hired cadets just piss you off badly? Or did you simply just forget that you too were a VFR trainer whilst training to be where you are NOW, enjoying your nice fat 47,000 AED pay cheque. You know you weren't born on the LEFT seat of an A320.
With the type of attitude you portray it seems like you fly the NASA space shuttle,.... when you ACTUALLY just fly an Airbus 320.
Frankly speaking, being such a Senior captain, considering the amount that you make (Ref Money in my Pocket THREAD) your professionalism resembles that of a student in flight school. :O
Perhaps you can utilise the 111,500 AED you made in February and go back to flight school be a VFR trainer, learn a thing or two and become a professional.
Defending certain individuals who blatantly transmit "surrounded by idiots" on a live Sharjah frequency and statements such as the one above just depicts what sort of people (NOT ALL) end up in the airline industry. To make things worse, here you are inviting individuals from abroad so that YOU can TEACH them how to slag off VFR traffic. :yuk: :=

In the other thread you talk about how hard people have worked to make Air Arabia where it is now. I fully agree, however I think you are just ruining it for the others.

By the way I don't think you could afford a shop on the 3rd floor of the Majestic City, kindly don't think that Colombo is such a cheap city. Try to enjoy the American Breakfast at the Taj Samudra next time, don't choke on anything.....:E

Kindly curb your enthusiasm about certain issues....:oh:

Lycan Av8tor :)

Terd Furguson
5th Mar 2007, 15:02
"When you get on, I'll teach you how to slag-off all the VFR traffic and request straight in approaches....it's a hoot!! "
Sarcasm, albeit the lowest form of wit, is apparently wasted on the weak-minded and clinically anal!
Nice work Lycan, but I can get my lectures at home!:rolleyes:

mustangV8
5th Mar 2007, 15:34
Hey turd, 'slag' this...
:DVFR VFRVFR VFR:D
:DVFR VFR:D
:DVFR:D
How is that for anal...!

If you look hard enough the letters form half a wing! HAHAHA

mV8

kinnie
5th Mar 2007, 15:58
Hi there,

Could i please ask the question asked by Hamid (nobody replied):

Do you know whether Air Arabia accept non-UAE national ab initio pilots with 200hours with/without a type rating?

i would appreciate any views on this.

Cheers

kala320
5th Mar 2007, 19:03
Dont Waste Your Time.read The Threads People Are Ill In This Aa Company.you Should Come To France And Get A Job In Carrefour AT LEAST THEY TAKE YOU EVEN IF YOU ARE UGLY.

Aa Is Not Good To Work For This Is Why I Turn Them Away From Me. They Are Desperate For Pilot.because Nobody Wanting Work For Them.send Me A Pm I Will Tell You All About Them.read My Threads They Are All True. I Think They Payed The Flying Scotsman Extra Money To Put His Thread Up, Or They Promise Him For Erly Command

Hansol
6th Mar 2007, 03:26
KALA you really have a bad chip on your shoulder, you were unsuccessful so move on. Air Arabia is a great place to work. Its very successful, the fleet is young and about to expand rapidly after its IPO later this month. The opportunites for early command are obvious, and if you want a fantastic place to live and have fun, then Dubai is it. I don't see the downside, I'm european and its the best time I've ever had working for an airline. Gotta go jet ski awaits.

kala320
6th Mar 2007, 07:08
i do not have chip, in my shoulder, i am just tellin the truth and anywauy i dont care about your company, i am at home working for a real company, with my own language.so you get a life and watch you\dont drown.

busdriver22
6th Mar 2007, 07:13
kala320 since you dont care why are you making such a big deal about the story. and with an attitude like that no wonder the interview didnt go so well.
and someone please tell me what is with this deal of being ugly or good looking hahaha what is this? a beauty pageant? lolol we have to call donald trump for this. haha

busdriver22
6th Mar 2007, 07:36
and speaking about hollywood. i hear a myth about "Tom Kazanski" working there. thats right "iceman" ;)

Sinbad1
6th Mar 2007, 08:23
:E
Dear Kala 320,

I take it English is not your first language and ASDA it is not your supermarket. The chip usually goes on top of the shoulder and not IN. If it was in your shoulder it will hurt a lot. Here is a trick to find out if you do have a chip ON your shoulder or not, Do you walk lop-sided (in French it is called DE TRAVERS )?? if you don't then congratulations :D :D you do not have a chip ON your shoulder just Pis..:mad: ..ed off !!! but if you are really serious about the chip IN your shoulder you can always get an Xray and find out. I worked last year in the UA.:mad: ..E with 5 Fren...:mad: ..ch men very nice pepole on assignment from a real company called Ai..:mad: .r...Fra..:mad: ..nce. There boss had to get a tractor to pull them back to Fra..:mad: ..nce God knows why????. Oh beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
As far as the job concern you can try EY A330 and A340 Co or Easy jet.or GF!! or perhaps QR. plenty of sunshine for everyone. Remember When one door closes another one open.

Take care and enjoy the baguette (that's long bread roll for those who do not speak French, Like me).:ok:

Lycan Av8tor
7th Mar 2007, 18:19
Just curious though.....other than my feebly-attempted and poorly received sarcastic statement, have I EVER made a comment on this board that was derogatory or condescending in any way to my aviation brethren to deserve the post that you directed at me? Please check my posts history under my profile and let me know. Thanks.
Cheers.

:uhoh: Hi there Terd,

Firstly thank you for the message. I appreciate the insight to the reasons for the past posts on the various threads.
Secondly I would like to Apologise for the very harsh remarks made by me on the last post on this thread. The actual intent of those posts were not known and now that they are, my remarks were uncalled for and unprofessional on my part.
The reason for defending our fellow VFR pilots against remarks directed towards us is very obvious. VFR operations in the UAE are not really welcome and seldom receive the sort of respect that counterparts elsewhere receive. Therefore when someone comes around and rubs this fact even deeper like "surrounded by idiots" and "slag off VFR", it just is uncalled for. With the added crap that we receive from "SOME ATC WATCHES" in Dubai. ( I KNOW I WILL DEFINITELY BREW UP ANOTHER STORM WITH THAT REMARK"

To stir this up even more...... Orbiting for 20 ~ 40 mins waiting for a slot IN will eventually drive people nuts. Sitting at the holding point for similar amount of time will do the same. := All this because some CAN"T and DON"T want to fit us IN.............
Hence the more crap VFR pilots will receive from certain parties the more defensive they will get.

By the way, that pilot who made the remark last time. Does he like saying stuff like "The indians are hanging inside this airplane" when he has to lose quite a significant amount of altitude on final approach, because he has done that too, and I have heard that.

Anyway, enough of that....
Take care and safe flying..

Lycan Av8tor :(

SAD IN QAC
13th Mar 2007, 15:14
hi guys :) ..

how are u ?

amm anybody knows whats the salaries of air Arabia and every thing about payments and stuff?

thanx

what_goes_up
13th Mar 2007, 15:23
Not much, but maybe it helps.
http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=r8smaqgm20k4xemh777n74hzp1hv6tcnrvwp8200q7s9 c0g9xej

SAD IN QAC
13th Mar 2007, 15:50
thats very old info ???

no newer?

mustangV8
13th Mar 2007, 16:49
hey SAD,

why dont you just goto...www.airarabia.com, goto the careers page and you'll see available pilot positions with the salary packages, its pretty detailed.

mV8

Rieke
14th Mar 2007, 17:02
What are the conditions for TRE`s at AA? Has anybody any infos??

kaka320
23rd Mar 2007, 11:25
Hey Kala320

Can you send me the AA questions for the interview, that would be great.
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks !!

[email protected]

hasoon
27th Mar 2007, 11:16
hi, does any one know influnential people in airarabia i need help i mean in the arabic(wasta) please send private message. thank u

Sphinx
28th Mar 2007, 21:24
I've had a look at the threads with this airline as the theme. I was wondering if anyone had up-to-date views on them as an employer?

I have seen their recent T's and C's on the website, but how about rosters, lifestyle, is there help with accommodation? Sounds attractive to me but I'd appreciate an insider's view.

To give you my background I am a F/O with a UK charter airline with 1000 hrs on the A320.

Hansol
29th Mar 2007, 03:32
Cracking place to work for a young first officer. Good people, new kit, home every night and Dubai is the greatest playground on the planet. PM for more info you like.

cameltoe2006
29th Mar 2007, 06:24
Hansol, I know you like Air Arabia as much as I do. But please don't give misleading information about that "home every night" stuff. We know that most AA flights are nighttime, and the truth of the matter is, you don't just have the energy anymore after each flight to go partying in Dubai.

If your intention is to encourage more pilots to join AA then tell them the real picture. At least when they do get in they know what to expect.

Okay, just for the benefit of those asking for any info about AA, these are the facts:

1. Salary? For a loco, pay in AA is very good, but that is if you fly your butts to the max. You fly more than 75 hrs and you're sure to get good money.

2. Flights? Expect to gaze at the infinite vastness of the dark skies as most flights are done at night. No layovers except Colombo. The turn-arounds are real killers, especially if they are done succesively.

3. People? I would say that people are nice - from management down to the simple errand boy. Everybody respects everybody. The CP, Fleet Mgr, Trng Mgr, DO, HR - they're all professional and easy to deal with. Just expect a little delay when following up some things from HR, I think they are a bit undermanned there with ****loads of work to do. But with patience things get done though.

4. Facilites? Forget it. Until now we are still housed at the old Sharjah cargo terminal. Sometimes when you report for work, you pass thru a mountain of goat meat being weighed and loaded to cargo containers right outside the office. We have been told many times that Flight Ops will be transferred soon to the new terminal, but that hasn't happened til now. They say it will be this coming July. Promises...promises...

Sharjah airport being renovated. Almost complete but the immigration area still stinks. When you pass thru you have to hold your breath for 3 mins to avoid toxic inhalation of bad foot smell and body odor.

6. Social life in the company? Fun? Zero. Nil. There are no social gatherings, no company parties to look forward to. It is a purely professional working relationship with everybody. The hi's and hello's and how are you's are endless. From the time you check in until you check out expect to make about a hundred handshakes. But expect nothing more than that. After each flight everybody just want to go home as fast as they can and crouch in fetal positions in their bed before going to sleep and say "I am happy, I am happy, I am happy...ZZZZZZZ". :zzz:

7. Career advancement? Very slow command upgrades due to hiring of DECs and lack of instructors to handle the training. Captains are happy with their present pay, but are still looking at a chance to transfer to widebody. FOs not too happy with the recent pay hike, educ allowance was increased for Captains but not for FOs. Makes no sense. Seems to me they want to please the Captains more than FOs. Poor lads.

8. Fleet? There are currently 9, mostly brand new, nice and shiny A320s, with more coming this year. No major technical defects. Most delays are caused by passenger boarding and other crap but nothing to do with aircraft, so far.

9. Rostering? No comment. They give you monthly rosters, but you can throw it after a week and expect daily changes and calls for new flight schedules.

These are my unbiased opinion about Air Arabia. I presented in the best and straightforward way I can the downsides and upsides about working, and life in general in AA, so it's all up to you to decide. If you ask me whether I'm happy here or not, well, I will just keep the answer to myself.

Goodluck to you all!

Flyer34
30th Mar 2007, 02:12
I must say that was beautiful! (Really. I'm not trying to be scarcastic!)

Most answers to questions on this fourm, as most readers will know, really need to be taken with a grain of salt. I have just applied to AA reciently and this is exactly what I have been looking for (for pages and pages and pages).

Way to Go CamelToe, hopefully others reading your post will tone down the personal rant and give more of what we want...THE FACTS.

Flyer

WOYTECK
30th Mar 2007, 04:50
Thank you!

There has been so many pages "wasted" with silly answers.
Although, I have sent you PM with few more questions, your post is what I have been looking for. vbmenu_register("postmenu_3204773", true); ...all of us, I believe.

all the best,
Voyteck