PDA

View Full Version : Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

newscaster
12th Jul 2012, 19:20
Both people inside and outside Bhoja are saying this at a Pak av forum.

Hansol
13th Jul 2012, 04:25
OK thats clearer now. I think we can add them to the long line of desperate airlines that coming knocking in the gulf. I wouldn't hold your breath on the chances of a tie up anytime soon.

newscaster
14th Jul 2012, 18:06
I like the way some people take things so personally, whats your issue with Arab carriers taking stake in others and others coming to them for help?

Hansol
15th Jul 2012, 04:26
No one is taking anything personally,I am just asking that you guys use some common sense. How many airlines do you think these guys have spoken to to an attempt to rescue their business. If you treat every contact as a certainty, and then publish it as such here, you will be sadly disappointed 99%of the time.
The Gulf airlines are seen as having money to burn and there is a steady stream of non Gulf operators who come calling. Lets revisit it in a months time and see if the deal has been done and annouced. I will be the first to apologise if you are right.

Said_88
19th Jul 2012, 06:57
Hey Folks, I've just finished my education. MEP (L) CPL IR .. I have no experiences on Jet aircrafts but i would be ready to Pay for type rating. So my question is, whether it makes sense to apply for a Job as Pilot @ Air Arabia or not?! I read that Air arabia is looking for pilots with experience ,that means with at least 1500 hours :rolleyes:
It would be nice to get a Job there. I was born and raised in germany and i'm still living in germany. But my parents are originally from morocco. So it would be a dream of mine to go back to my roots. :}
I guess I am gonna try to apply for a Job at Royal Air maroc ,too. Buuuut, i think it would be very hard behause i read that they prefer their own "ready entries".

newscaster
10th Aug 2012, 15:55
Talks between Air Arabia and Bhoja were held in Sharjah two weeks ago I guess they failed as the latter are now terminating services of all staff except upper management.

dcoded
24th Aug 2012, 00:01
Anyone in here with recent information regarding the reqruitment process for FOs?

Is the information provided by latestpilotjobs.com accurate?

How is it working for Air Arabia? Roasters, morale among crew etc.

Would like to hear from you who work there.
PM me if you want to!

Thanks in advance

dcoded
9th Sep 2012, 19:25
No one got any new info on air arabia?

Please
Thank you!

bettigio
11th Sep 2012, 10:24
Unfortunately Air Arabia reduced the salary and conditions for direct entry f/o.
New contracts are only 6months temporary and not sure about permanet after that.
There are hundreds of second officers in waiting list for the next few years to come.
Apart from that it's a lovely environment, 100% friendly. Just very hard work with our roster (100hr always).
Best of wishes.

freeborn
11th Sep 2012, 12:51
I heard that Air Arabia is about to start there Cargo Department.:D

Is this true if yes any contact info guys?:ugh:

delay256
11th Sep 2012, 21:41
Any updates on when those second officers in the holding pool will be called to start line training?

SilveR5
12th Sep 2012, 03:33
Hello Everybody!

Could you please enlighten me about the class 1 medical for AA? Do they have their own specific requirements in order to be eligible for work at the company? Do I have to undergo the medical tests at AA's clinic or with a specific AME? Or is it just the same as any UAE GCAA class 1 medical with any approved AME?

Your input in this regard is highly valued.

Safe landings! :ok:

SilveR5
13th Sep 2012, 06:08
Come on guys! No more people around here are working for AA or what?!

That was only a little inquiry, wasn't it?

Cheers.

MDT06
13th Sep 2012, 11:46
100 hours a month = no time for pprune.

Mdt06

bettigio
15th Sep 2012, 05:51
If I'm writing on pprune it's only because I've reached my 900hrs/year :)
Cargo? Never heard. But if anything is worth doing, I'm sure AA will think about it.
We have our "own" clinic in Sharjah Airport. It's a standard UAE GCAA class 1 medical, straigh forward. There is only one exam (that I don't remember) that you can do in any hospital.
Every month we have new second officers MPL coming from Alpha Aviation, it's not an easy jump from cessna to Airbus, but they work and study hard.
Cheers!

future-pilot
21st Sep 2012, 12:40
Hi bettigio,
I'm from Italy and I'm thinking about joining alpha aviation.
I would like to ask you if you know anything about orders for new planes? Is air arabia looking to put an order for new a320s? I read on an article that Adel Ali, CEO of Air Arabia, is contemplating the a320neo, 737max and the Cseries.
Do you guys know anything about a new order?

Captain Punishment
29th Nov 2012, 05:25
bettigio, could you please post or PM the current direct entry FO salary please.

My experience is 3000 TT and 2750 A320 family

With the salary is life comfortable, able to afford car, housing and schooling for children etc?

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks CP.

bettigio
30th Nov 2012, 05:30
I really don't know about new airplane order.
So far we received almost half of the 44 new airbus. In 2013 they will come with the new sharklets. Last delivery should be completed in 2016.
Airbus A320Neo, B737Max they will be around in 2016 as well. Still too early to make predictions, plus Sharjah airport is too small for all this aircraft.
Rumours says they will build a new terminal especially for Air Arabia, like Easyjet is doing in Europe.
Cheers.

dcoded
2nd Dec 2012, 11:13
Is the order for the 737MAX finalized?

dcoded
10th Dec 2012, 19:17
Dear all Air Arabia employees, or some one who has some info:

What's the latest over there?
Any new hires?
How many FOs do they expect to hire per year?

What is the time for upgrade?

Thank you all very much!

lonelypilot
30th Dec 2012, 16:01
hey can u tell me hw much woud a aircraft technician would get paid in air arabia?

SilveR5
31st Dec 2012, 12:00
Receiving some useful answers for the queries in here is getting more difficult!
Unexpectedly, this is sending a sort of subtle messages to the chaps who are following up! It's raising more questions and getting rather worrying!:suspect:

Good luck busy AA guys and happy new year!

dcoded
15th Jan 2013, 21:04
Bumping this thread up, sorry.

Ion-athan
18th Jan 2013, 04:39
Hi guys

I saw that Arabia is hiring for SHJ base.... anyone has any feedback concerning their assessment?

Thanks

Scanwing
17th Feb 2013, 14:06
Just heard today ABY will only hire new F/O's from "their" flightschool hence no more experienced rated pilots. Can anyone in ABY confirm/deny that?

Global01
22nd Mar 2013, 22:11
Hi champs,

i need Interview questions for non rated SOs and any other info regarding the process etc....

Thank you guys !

jafarc
23rd Mar 2013, 08:49
hi guys

i have been trying to apply unsuccessfully from their website for the last 3 months

anybody gone through the same difficulties ? any solution ?

EI-DAC
26th Mar 2013, 09:59
New route Venice-Fez effective May 2nd, 4xw.

Rumors about possible switch from CUF to TRN operations.

captain.weird
26th Mar 2013, 12:56
Non-rated SO's? Didn't see that vacancy.. Or do you mean the MPL cadet programme with Alpha Aviation?

Global01
27th Mar 2013, 17:22
Yes non rated SO position (fresh graduate)... I need interview tech questions ... Is the ACE good enough to prepare ?

davidcruzd
30th Mar 2013, 18:51
Hello all!

I have just read AA is looking for A320 Captains and FOs for their bases Casablanca, Sharjah and Alexandria.

Unfortunely for me it seems that for Captain positions they ask previous TRE/TRI experience:(

flyingmachine3
1st Apr 2013, 18:45
are they also looking for fresh type rated pilots on A320

flyingmachine3
1st Apr 2013, 18:46
and i cant find any link plzz help me...:ugh:

Global01
1st Apr 2013, 21:09
Post you resume to [email protected]

Good luck Flyingmachine3

Guys !

I need interview tech questions , where can i find them ? Or just tell me what should i focus on and what should i expect ?

Thank you,

Global01

Non rev
1st Apr 2013, 21:21
No chance for non-typed guys huh! Stupid RJ!!!

Mr. R
2nd Apr 2013, 20:33
Global1 can you confirm if they are accepting applications for SO?? I know a few fresh graduates with Jordanian fATPLs looking for SO jobs if true that would be very helpful. It could be for Alpha Aviation instead if I'm not mistaken

bettigio
16th Apr 2013, 07:06
Here I am,
Air Arabia is always looking for pilots (FO, CPT). If you have no experience (0 hrs) only with Alpha Aviation MPL programme. If you're willing to pay 700 THOUSAND AED with a salary of 5000 AED to start, welcome. At least you'll get 1500 hrs and your full ATPL...and that's according to your performace, it's not garantee.
General questions from ACE book and systems questions from smartcockpit or cockpit4u, don't remember. Know by heart how to calculate green dot speed. Simulator engine failure V1, raw data VOR or ILS, manual flight, full stop landing 20 min session max.
In the last couple years the salary of the new joiners with experience was decreased , the house allowance reduced by 5000 AED per month and others benefits taken away. If you're second officer no comments.
Bonus the more you fly, the less you get. Our new motto is PAY LESS FLY MORE :)
I was really proud to work here when I joined, but all of this cutting costs just makes me sad...but the future is always brighter :) Cheers

dcoded
21st May 2013, 18:13
Bumping this up.

Why is it always so quiet in this thread?
It is still a big carrier in the ME.

What is the latest in Air Arabia?

nitrowired
23rd May 2013, 12:18
It is very simple. none of us have enough time to complain. just work, sleep and S**T.
100 hours a month is standart. so whatever free time you have, you spend it with your family or friends. so no time to read pprune.

dcoded
27th May 2013, 21:09
Hello.
Thanks for your reply in the Air Arabia thread.

May I ask if you are working as a commander of FO?

Do you have any lay overs on your trips?

If you say you fly close to 100hrs/ month, wouldn't you be maxed out in the duty time within 10months? What happens the last two months of the year?

Thanks for your time

On the go
21st Jul 2013, 19:52
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum.....can anyone share the info regarding selection process in AA. I have assessment coming up next month but hardly know what to expect specially the written exam etc. good luck to all.
Cheers

FlyerJoe
1st Aug 2013, 14:33
Hi,

I have just stared looking at the MPL Scheme, however you have to pay the training fees all yourself and no loan seems available unlike the BBVA at oaa etc.

Can anyone who might have already commenced training give any advice on how to acquire the funding?

Greatly Appreciated

Flyerjoe

jimmyg
12th May 2014, 12:07
Reduced salary, tough duty rosters, high cost of living. :confused:

Don't forget to grab your own water as you pass by the dispatch desk as none is provided onboard.

One to steer well clear of.

MD83FO
12th May 2014, 16:49
Can you guys bid for daytime flying only?
Would rather fly 6 sectors daytime.

smart123
15th May 2014, 18:19
There are layovers to DAC, CGP & KTM. So, in principle, you would be back home 98% of your roster. Very friendly place.

Agent47
20th May 2014, 07:40
Hi guys , I just got the offer letter for air arabia as a cabin crew. Now the salary package was not quite impressive but they say that I can make money on my number of flying hours. Can anyone tell me how many hours the cabin crew flys a month ? And can we ask for more hours ? What's the medical test they have before hiring you in even after they give the offer letter ?

fernandeztv
23rd May 2014, 13:45
Can anyone tell me how many hours the cabin crew flys a month ? And can we ask for more hours ?On an average cabin crew fly about 100+ hours. ...and yes you do have an option of making yourself available for flying on your OFF day ...if its not your legal OFF. ;)

PS: cabin crew fly a LOT....

fernandeztv
23rd May 2014, 13:50
Can you guys bid for daytime flying only?
Would rather fly 6 sectors daytime.

currently we don't do 6 sectors a day! maximum is 4 but mostly its 2 sectors a day.

I highly doubt you will be able to do daytime flying only. maybe you can swap with your fellow colleagues but it might not always work out due to legality issues.

MD83FO
16th Jun 2014, 05:18
thanks fernandez does that mean you get to see the sunrise quite often?
thats why i left the gulf months ago and i still can't get a continuous night sleep
looking for gigs where passengers don't fly at night.

QaisPilot
3rd Jul 2014, 21:49
hey guys, im thinking of going through their MPL program but im little afraid of the Selection Assessment, does any body have any useful information about it, specially about the aptitude tests and the panel interview ? .

airborneksa
6th Jul 2014, 06:38
:=Avoid this setup completely. Cabin Crew are doing 60-80 hours per month and total salary does not even cover decent accommodation, as it not provided by the company. Most of cabin crew are living in sharing accommodation in some cases 4 people in 2 bedroom apartments. Deposit for accommodation to be paid by your self, which will eat away big chunk of your salaries or invest your savings. Sectors India, bangladesh, pakistan etc, mainly low paid construction workers flying and extremely hard work, Expect to clean lavatories at least 6 times a day with filth all over the place. Management does not care about well being of cabin crew, people within the company are disgruntled with conditions. All shots are being called by M.J. (who has complete disregard for everyone and pretends to be the brain behind success of Air Arabia, Mr. Nobody idiot). I know this as i had my very good friend working there, now she works for Etihad but before she left MJ decided not to honor the terms of contract signed. Avoid AA and avoid Idiot MJ:=:=

AVIATION REFUGEE
31st Jul 2014, 15:15
at 100 h/month, you get busted soon, and what then?
:ooh:

MD83FO
31st Jul 2014, 16:46
is the 6/2 roster implemented? im getting offers with condition improvements.

Nick 1
31st Jul 2014, 17:09
Any info regarding AA Maroc ? Roster , base etc...
There is any bond for type rated captain ? Heard this rumor.
Tks..

airborneksa
1st Aug 2014, 03:21
They are known to keep changing terms and duration of contract. 6/2 is wat they say now but will they honor it? :ugh:

Kenai
2nd Aug 2014, 08:53
at 100 h/month, you get busted soon, and what then?
:ooh:

Then you get restricted on the 900 hrs in a year rule and you roster shows OFF the whole month ;) you get paid yes ...just no flying or duty pay.

(This could be different for those on temporary contract...what i say holds good only for those on permanent contract!)

is the 6/2 roster implemented? im getting offers with condition improvements.

6/2 ? no idea about it...maybe being offered to new joiners but as of now nothing to existing folks.

gottofly
6th Aug 2014, 20:46
Can someone advise how many hours is a Captain flying per month and on average,what would he take home with current pay?

Can you stay in Dubai and still get housing allowance or has the rule changed recently and one has to stay in Sharjah to get the same?

Thanks in advance.

MohammedSalman
12th Aug 2014, 17:41
So I'm planning to join the AA MPL course in September.
Anyone else?

Kenai
13th Aug 2014, 12:18
Can you stay in Dubai and still get housing allowance or has the rule changed recently and one has to stay in Sharjah to get the same?
Yes...a bulk of the pilots stay in DXB (mostly Mirdiff or Silicon oasis areas)
however beware...recently they made Ras Al khaima...a "home base" which means you will be rostered for flights out of RAK as well...and your check in is at RAK ops.

Expect to fly 95 to 100 hrs a month due to current shortages. Average salary for capt might be around 48 to 55K including housing, transport, uniform etc...depends on how much you fly.

gottofly
14th Aug 2014, 05:46
Thanks Kenai for the heads up.
I have stayed in DXB many times but don't have an idea about RAK.
Will try to find out more details and make a calculated decision ......if they offer me a job

valKilmer3481
19th Aug 2014, 09:55
Hi folks, was many year captain on BizJets, now flying A 320 as FO, got post from AA to fill out forms, they are desperate to hire.
Anybody scheduled for interview or just recently did it?
Could you please send me some info about interview, working conditions, posibility about DirectEntryCaptain, roster (do they offer 4-6 weeks on and then 1or 2 weeks off?)
Any information welcome, thanks

SheepPilot
29th Aug 2014, 10:27
Hi everyone,

Has anyone done the Air Arabia training programme with Alpha Aviation?

If so could you please tell me how you got on and how much you spent on the course?

And if you did get the magical 1500hrs that they promise?

I'm looking to apply and would like some insider information.

Thanks,

Sheep

mo320777
30th Aug 2014, 09:04
Dear
Can anyone tell me the recent salaries for first officers (not alpha)with 1000 hrs on type ..?
detailed info is highly appreciated.
Best regards

youli320
7th Oct 2014, 03:35
Not Enough ,you will be a slave and forget about upgrade.:=:ugh:

colo18
7th Oct 2014, 20:49
Hello guys

It seems the link for the applications is under maintenance and you are unable to send your CV or apply online.

Anyone knows if they are still hiring? If so, how is the process and what I can expect?

Appreciate any info from actual AA pilots.

Thanks in advance

FlightPilot
8th Oct 2014, 00:57
As far as I know they're focused on hiring Captain's only. Most of the recruitment now comes in from their partner flight training school. So that's allot of F.O's to fill the slots.

Angel101
8th Oct 2014, 20:05
Hey guys,

I received an invitation for a Cabin Crew position for AA, can anyone tell me how much is the salary they are giving? and if they are providing accommodation? I heard that AA is a low-cost Airline based in SHJ, so i think salary would be less? right? can anyone help me? :O

bravehawk461
8th Oct 2014, 20:43
Hi! Just asking the AA pilots. Is Capt Yasser Alharmi the Chief Pilot of AA? If he is, is the spelling correct, need it for my application. Thanks.

Ethiopia
19th Oct 2014, 12:23
New destination for Air Arabia:

Air Arabia to fly to Tbilisi (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/middle-east/item/1643-air-arabia-to-fly-tbilisi)

safeflyer2
23rd Nov 2014, 11:36
Hi Guys, I am considering joining AA as a Capt and would be grateful for some info.
1. I gather you are flying close to 100 hrs a month. Does it get very tiring? Do you get adequate rest between flights to recuperate?

2. How many days off do you get in a month? (Mandatory and otherwise).

3. Do you have any interline agreements for ZED travel?

4. How is the flying environment? Any feeling of someone looking over your shoulder all the time?? Read somewhere on the thread that there have been instances of Captains being downgraded to F/O. Any truth in that?

5. Finally, is living in Sharjah a possible option and is it similar to living in Dubai?

radical_100
2nd May 2015, 09:29
@safeflyer2, Did you end up getting a call or joining G9? Any inputs?

radical_100
3rd May 2015, 06:10
@ituribushbaby :ok: Thank you

How expensive is living in Sharjah/Dubai - regular accommodation for two?

7-10 Offs a month is not too bad, can they be taken together or so - to make that trip back home? (FDTL allowing, of course)

nitrowired
6th May 2015, 15:23
How expensive is living in Sharjah/Dubai - regular accommodation for two?
Check dubizzle.com for the accommodation. Depends on your needs and will to drive prices vary a lot.

7-10 Offs a month is not too bad, can they be taken together or so - to make that trip back home? (FDTL allowing, of course)
You can't pair them unless you take annual leave I which case they are added 5 days to your leave. Some new options like 6/2 on/off seems to work for some. Around here thinks can be negotiated a bit.

Depending what deal you get its not bad. It all depends on your expectations and options elsewhere. It's my 7th year and probably will stick for a while still. However I have seen many come and go

Cabincrewlover
9th Aug 2015, 09:10
Can any one tell me whats next after AirArabia final interview?? The medical process and everything thank you!!!@

flyer32
18th Aug 2015, 06:20
Hey Guys!
I have an Indian CPL/IR multi-engine licence,recently got selected for air arabia MPL program for second officer position,how much is the training time?,I have read some of your reviews, should i be worried?. Honest answers needed!!

Southpole
18th Aug 2015, 16:42
Living in Sharjah is really a pain the a** if you are not used to live in ****ty places... I went to air Arabia offices time ago for the interview and the first impression was terrible. I do not know why, but I was expecting the typical extra new, extra clean extra big building... And of course I couldn't believe where I was once I got there... Small, dirty, furniture aged middle 60s, looked they were just moving in with lot of packages in the corridors and in the offices but it was not! I was just expecting to be bitten by a rat..
For the written test they did not have enough computers for everyone (we were 5..) so they tried to look for some extra laptop... I do not need and Alienware but for god sake some buttons were missing and the touchpad was working too bad..
Having a look around, I just had a bad feeling, offices are close to the airport.

I couldn't go and live there, it is just 30 min away from Dubai but it looks like it is 1000 years behind..

It was not for me. I did not take it.
Good luck

100knots
5th Sep 2015, 04:03
hi all,

I'm considering commuting from casa to the Iberian peninsula on the 3 weeks on 1 week off contract. (A320 DEC)
so could someone let me know if its possible to go home on your days off during the 3 weeks. (2 plus in a row)
how's the flying?

any other pertinent thoughts or advice?

thanks

Unavailable
8th Sep 2015, 15:54
Any chance of changing base for a FO From Sharjah to Morocco?
Thank you

c560xl
28th Sep 2015, 09:24
Can some one please PM the type rated tech exam for assessment . I would appreciate your time and an effort. Thanks n happy landingds:=

dieana
28th Sep 2015, 12:00
Hi Guys, I´m looking for some information about the application page since in its career page is down.

Thanks.

QaisPilot
8th Oct 2015, 15:36
hi guys ive heared that they improved the contracts for F\Os ? any idea about the increment in the salary ?

Tibus
10th Oct 2015, 22:46
Hi Guys!

Does someone know if AA hire freshly A320 type rated pilots with less than 1000Hrs TT?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Unavailable
11th Oct 2015, 14:57
They only hire captains. I don't think you have a chance there.

CaptainProp
23rd Mar 2016, 09:47
Just got mass email from agency. 6 month contract, €7.800 all inclusive, and before tax in your home country I guess? 9 days off, 6 in a row.

This industry is really turning in to an all low cost, low pay, low life industry.

CP

Alloy
23rd Mar 2016, 11:22
I just got the same mass email, are they really going to get takers with those terms on a temporary contract? Personally I can't see why anyone would be interested who meets their stipulated criteria.

flying headbutt
23rd Mar 2016, 17:18
I have a hunch the agencies are in cahoots in the race to the bottom....who knows what they are skimming off the top. They are part of the problem for sure and my dealings with them has led me to firmly believe they are TOTALLY USELESS and couldn't give a flying fig about you. Much better to try and deal direct.

Alloy
24th Mar 2016, 08:01
The agencies are defiantly out for themselves and yes, I agree, dealing direct is far better if given the choice.

gtaflyer
27th Mar 2016, 08:33
What's the name of the agency or send link thx

Luibar
27th Mar 2016, 14:29
Try Rishworth. They are advertising on their website for Casablanca.

Luibar
3rd Sep 2016, 16:06
just for curiosity, is there any layovers at Air Arabia Sharjah?

DCS99
3rd Sep 2016, 16:22
Chittagong I heard was the only one.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g319837-Activities-Chittagong_City_Chittagong_Division.html

Thank me later.

axialflow
3rd Sep 2016, 17:41
Luibar,

ABY layovers: Dhaka, Chittagong, Kathmandu, Trivandrum (flight deck crew only ), maybe Colombo ?

I'm sure I missing out one or two more cities.

Ax

Luibar
3rd Sep 2016, 22:08
axialflow,

Thanks for the information. Hopefully the hotels are ok.
Just asked because I see that some of the flights are quite long.

pfvspnf
4th Sep 2016, 05:12
How much is the layover allowance at ABY? Is it just night stops ? Hotels ok ?

Iver
27th Oct 2016, 21:01
On average, how many Air Arabia pilots get picked off by the ME3 per year?

Luibar
3rd Nov 2016, 18:37
What kind of travel benefits/agreement do you have at Air Arabia? Is it only myidtravel or do you have some arrangements like Flydubai where they have standby business class?

bluelearjetdriver
25th Jan 2017, 05:10
Time to fire up this thread again

I am a 320 Captain (7500 total time inclusive on 2000hrs command) living in Dubai, working for the dark side, due well south of Sharjah. For personal reasons/circumstances I am considering AA.

I have been invited for a DEC interview, with the intention of going on to the 6/2 contract. Up to date information is very hard to come by (I have asked AA directly but no banana), so here are my questions:
1) Basic salary considering my experience (I realise they have a salary scale according to experience)
2) Flight Pay (realise it is complicated due to the various rates paid)
3) Education Allowance (I believe it is AED40k per child). Can it be used outside of the UAE?
4) Other allowances including housing/transport/uniform (I believe the total for these is AED174k)
5) Medical insurance. Is it any good? I don't need maternity cover....
6) AND Finally working a mix of days and nights and flying, say 90 hours in a month, what is the net salary EXCLUDING the fixed allowances every month?

Oh, and any ideas as to what a DEC interview entails?

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose the information publicly.

Luibar
31st May 2017, 16:27
Is there restriction in where Air Arabia pilots have to live, or you is up to you?
In another words, can you live in Dubai or RAK instead of Sharjah?

Hansol
31st May 2017, 16:32
Is there restriction in where Air Arabia pilots have to live, or you is up to you?
In another words, can you live in Dubai or RAK instead of Sharjah?

You can live where you like.

Luibar
31st May 2017, 16:45
Hansol, Thanks.

pfvspnf
2nd Jun 2017, 04:51
What is the current situation ? I can see them lowering terms and doing the usual "we only offer 6 months"

kinnar.patel
25th Aug 2017, 13:47
what are the layovers at Air Arabia lately..How do they cover Far Europe destinations like Kiev,Moscow,SJJ,Nairobi?? Are these not layovers as they are all 5+hrs flying time one way.

a3twenty
16th Feb 2018, 07:19
Air arabia is offering temporary contracts for captains,
stating that there is a high chance of it being converted into a permanent contract by the end of this year. Have they done this in the past or will I be job hunting again at the end of the 6 month stint ? Any info will be appreciated.

twenty

Hansol
16th Feb 2018, 12:43
Air arabia is offering temporary contracts for captains,
stating that there is a high chance of it being converted into a permanent contract by the end of this year. Have they done this in the past or will I be job hunting again at the end of the 6 month stint ? Any info will be appreciated.

twenty
I don’t know about the past but AA has confirmed growth plans with 3 more A320’s this year and 5 A321’s next so Captains are a high priority.

Dualinput
16th Feb 2018, 18:16
Response below in red

Time to fire up this thread again

I am a 320 Captain (7500 total time inclusive on 2000hrs command) living in Dubai, working for the dark side, due well south of Sharjah. For personal reasons/circumstances I am considering AA.

I have been invited for a DEC interview, with the intention of going on to the 6/2 contract. Up to date information is very hard to come by (I have asked AA directly but no banana), so here are my questions:
1) Basic salary considering my experience (I realise they have a salary scale according to experience)

38,500 AED including housing, transport & uniform (for permanent contract)

2) Flight Pay (realise it is complicated due to the various rates paid)

yes bit complicated as there are slabs and night pay, but expect around AED 20,000 for 80 hr roster

3) Education Allowance (I believe it is AED40k per child). Can it be used outside of the UAE?

120k total for 3 kids, 40k per kid...can be used outside UAE but only 80%

4) Other allowances including housing/transport/uniform (I believe the total for these is AED174k)

correct. But I added above in basic in point # 1

5) Medical insurance. Is it any good? I don't need maternity cover....

not so good but manageable

6) AND Finally working a mix of days and nights and flying, say 90 hours in a month, what is the net salary EXCLUDING the fixed allowances every month?

net salary for 90 hours INCLUDING everything for your experience will be around 60k, increases by another 7k once u pass 3000pic on type

Oh, and any ideas as to what a DEC interview entails?

day1 written exam, psychometric test and personal interview. Day 2 sim check (40mins, basic)

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose the information publicly.

Luibar
4th Apr 2018, 23:09
Apparently Air Arabia is recruiting Captains to Sharjah (according to SIGMA). Any big expansion expected soon?

kenwaters
15th Jun 2018, 08:17
Hi

need some info on the captain assessment for Air Arabia, how hard or easy is the tech exam?

nitrowired
10th Jul 2018, 14:00
Apparently Air Arabia is recruiting Captains to Sharjah (according to SIGMA). Any big expansion expected soon?
no expansion beyond extra 6 321's that will come next year. But we are always understaffed and summer is particulary tight for the rostering. Check what kind of contract is on offer cause there seems to be more than few different options depending who you talk to.

a32O
7th Aug 2018, 04:11
Hi guys!

Do the company really need captain at the moment? I've tried to apply, but no response, mb my pic experience not enough(~1100).

Another question, what is the salary difference between full time and commuting contact(6/2)?

For full time real salary around 15-16k usd? Right?

Hansol
11th Aug 2018, 09:53
Does AA offer a commuting contract?

LIPS Support
30th Jul 2019, 18:59
Hi all,

Can someone please provide me with the Loss of License package that AA contractually guarantees to their pilots in the event of long-term sickness or termination for medical reasons? We have a product for $86 / month with the following benefits that may be of interest to AA pilots, depending on what they're already provided:

UNDERWRITTEN by Lloyd’s of London, the oldest, largest insurer and reinsurer in the world.

$6,800 (AED 25,000) per month
Payable for the first five years of medical disability.
No maximum age cut-off to join.
No medical exam required.
Covered to the day before your 65th birthday.
You keep your cover when you change airlines.
Membership in the Baymac Group included in your monthly payment which gives you access to top-ups for the basic plan, health insurance, life insurance and free legal consultations.

Regards,
Peter Davis

Rolandopil
29th Apr 2020, 15:02
Hi everybody!
Does anybody know if Air Arabia is still looking for captains for their Abu Dhabi base. And what's the salary?

Thank you!

RoyHudd
30th Apr 2020, 00:12
Gotta love an optimist!

samca
10th May 2020, 09:43
How is the situation with Air Arabia in AUH. are they going to hire Captains on A320 in a short term??

Cantbebothered
10th May 2020, 11:07
How is the situation with Air Arabia in AUH. are they going to hire Captains on A320 in a short term??
They are looking currently for one but based in Sharjah.https://www.airarabia.com/en/careersinvalid

squarecrow
11th May 2020, 08:55
Reading these and others I find that a bit strange,

https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/631862-abu-dhabi-wizzair-air-arabia.html

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/coronavirus/2020/05/05/Air-Arabia-cuts-57-jobs-as-coronavirus-keeps-airlines-grounded

giord
22nd Apr 2023, 06:04
Any feedback for the Moroccan AOC? Pay, rosters, environment, etc..

k.swiss
10th May 2023, 12:08
Fly Jinnah
Fly Arna
Air Arabia (Sudan)

The only bases you can expect to be recruited to, not Morocco. Good luck, they will call you for the simulator assessment and then hit you with the reality, take it or leave it. We are not short of Captains anywhere else.