PDA

View Full Version : Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Glideslopefromabove
24th Oct 2008, 15:48
Thank you spoogie, I applied last week, and am waiting for reaction. Do you work for AA?

Regards,

Glide

Glideslopefromabove
24th Oct 2008, 20:45
With calculating the salary when looking at time on type, does AA see an A319 or A321 as an A320? because its all a320 series.

Regards,

Glide

axialflow
25th Oct 2008, 14:27
All I was highlighting is that the selection process is NOT fair.

thinkfirst, my friend, if you can name any airline/company on this planet that has a FAIR screening process, I will pay for your next type rating!! We will never know the real reasons why mgmt accepts or rejects...as Raptor8 also mentioned in his looooong briefing! ;)

What we do know is that all airlines/companies in UAE are obligated to hire x-amount of nationals and other GCC nationals annually (second officers in this case), whether they like it or not. They have to show to the govt. that they are making an effort to give nationals a chance. Many actually "pass" the interview stage and get sent for initial training...HOWEVER, quite a few do not make it when it comes to the skill test at the end...meaning they dont get to wear the shiny new uniform!! :{ SO, what seems 'unfair' to many ppl is actually not the airlines but the govt. initiatives that ensure this "Emiratization" - what to do??

In the past they have hired people who did not even hold a Multi Engine rating.

oh, are you saying airlines change their hiring practices as they see fit?? This is a global pratice, isn't it?? Airlines in India, for example, change their min. requirements on an hourly basis!! :ugh:

Anyway, Ive babbled on long enough...AND I wasn't defending Bahraini's, I am not one by the way...BUT I did pass my check ride with one!!!!

PEACE

Ax

Rightwingheavy
26th Oct 2008, 09:11
axialflow, if nothing on this planet has a FAIR screening process, how did you get in the company? maybe a lot of wasta? ok, let us say you have their requirements, what do you think is it that they saw in you among all other applicants to let you fly their shinny jets?

axialflow
26th Oct 2008, 09:57
what do you think is it that they saw in you among all other applicants to let you fly their shinny jets?

...thats my point, mr. 20questions, apart from the min. requirements, no one really knows why you get accepted or rejected...I dont know, maybe they liked my suit or saw me as a team player :confused::confused:. It was not wasta, for sure...I guarantee that. If you had 10 guys in front of you with similar qualifications and experience and 4 available job positions, how would you determine who gets selected?? Im sure there are 100 answers to that, but its not an exact science is it!!!

Do you actually know why you were selected?

PEACE

Ax

Leboeuf
29th Oct 2008, 22:25
Hi I have a question about AA.

Does AA have any ZED fare ticket or interline agreement with other airlines ?

highflyer73
30th Oct 2008, 12:46
Hi,

Anyone who has been to AA interview recently, can you please give an idea on the interview process. What to expect in the 2 days?

Thanks.

jayjay12
2nd Nov 2008, 19:52
Hi Weasel,

Your messages on this site have been invaluable.

I have sent a PM to you.

Please respond when you have a minute. Would really appreciate it.

Many many thanks

ddsilva
7th Nov 2008, 03:15
Just got back from the interview all i can say its very laid back and straight forward. Group exercise followed by a technical exam and a psychometric test.And last of all the interview with a group of training captains and the hr person. From what i felt they are very particular about the type of people they are looking for.

KRUGERFLAP
7th Nov 2008, 07:38
:eek:ZED? Bro it's low fare airline,no agreement. ALT and that's all.

Better to go for fly dubai.I am sure at least u can get a ID90 from EK.

Good Sharjah Dreams 4 u.:ok:

kit330
7th Nov 2008, 09:01
AA does get id90 wt EK... n I think also wt KLM/Air France(correct me if I'm wrong)

Leboeuf
7th Nov 2008, 09:52
Which kind of contract do AA offer ?
Is it an open end contract or a temporary contract(1 year, 3 years ?)
I couldn't find this info on AA website
tks

Leboeuf
9th Nov 2008, 22:14
Any info please ?

320 star
10th Nov 2008, 02:23
it is an open contract:ok:

axialflow
10th Nov 2008, 08:08
KRUGERFLAP...not just ALT m'friend, ABY has ID90 with EK, KLM/Air France/Northwest...and I think EY but not entirely sure.

SO, going to Flydubai will not make much of a difference where this is concerned.

PEACE

Ax

Speedbake
10th Nov 2008, 10:27
Hi Everyone,

Been hearing lot's of good things about Air Arabia, and I am wondering
are they still hiring rated & non rated pilots? What is the situation like
as we speak?

Thanx, and look forward to your replies!

Happy Flying:)

namngm
10th Nov 2008, 14:13
ddsilva do u happen to have anything extra on the interview process, like

what is the group excersie all about or psychometric portion all about?

whats the offer like on id90 tickets :ok: good luck to you

tcas II
13th Nov 2008, 20:54
can anyone tell me (Share Options: Pilots have the opportunity to own part of the action with Air Arabia's attractive Share Option
scheme. Captains are offered up to a maximum of AED. 250,000 shares.)

How much in market value, and how can i get the share options?
Many thanks

pilot de peste
14th Nov 2008, 02:28
hello guys

Does anybody knows if they are hiring Non rated pilots on the A320?

And what are the minimums requirements to apply as First Officer for this airline?

thank you for your reply!:ok:

Giggey
14th Nov 2008, 08:40
Hi All.
Is there anybody which would be so kind to PM me an email of somebody involved in the recruitment process?

I have applied, have all the requirements but no answer yet.

Do you think it would be worth it to contact them personally?

thank you very much

ECHIE
1st Dec 2008, 17:29
Good evening! Anybody knows if AA is still recruiting pilots in the next months? I saw that they removed the dates for interviews for January and February on their websites. How much time between interview and starting the contract?

Thanks for the help!

Leboeuf
14th Dec 2008, 18:36
I have applied 3 months ago , and still no answer...
I guess they are not recruiting at the moment, maybe this is the reason they removed this winter interview dates.
Anyway when they will start again I dare to belive it will be for the new Moroccan base.

namngm
17th Jan 2009, 12:54
any new updates leboeuf??:ugh:

Read that more A/C are ordered is that true

Leboeuf
17th Jan 2009, 12:57
I keep reading on google about the new aircraft order but still nothing is moving.
I wonder who will fly these planes...

kit330
22nd Jan 2009, 02:51
Surprise surprise AA just anounced a pay increase...atleast they value the hard work put in by the guys on line!!! well done AA!!! :D:D;):ok:

Spoogie
22nd Jan 2009, 04:40
Man you are fast...I just opened my company email and saw it....and the sun just came up....wow...talk about anticipation. Good news however!:ok::D:D:D

mikehagen
22nd Jan 2009, 18:08
Excuse me, the AA website remuneration package still does not reflect such increase right?

Anyone has any insight as to their recruiting plans, if any?

Fly4Fun
26th Jan 2009, 13:04
The new package is already there!

Well done Air Arabia!

Reepicheep
2nd Feb 2009, 22:18
On the website there are separate applications for Morocco and UAE. Is the
compensation package going to be the same for the new Morocco operation? Do
you get hired into one or the other or will crews bid back & forth?

If you're going on climate alone I would think Morocco gets the nod - it's similar to San Diego.

Myass
5th Feb 2009, 03:03
Does Air Arabia have any agreements with EK for travelling in their network at a cheaper rate?

Heard some guys mention this, but no actual info posted on the web page.

Thanks...

haunted dog
9th Feb 2009, 09:50
They changed from what it showed online early last week. I think 17th and 18th of March was the option.:rolleyes:

axialflow
10th Feb 2009, 06:12
Does Air Arabia have any agreements with EK for travelling in their network at a cheaper rate?

check my previous post...ID90 agreement with Ek

wingmaaan
16th Feb 2009, 22:30
howdy,
lots of questions and no answers...got an assessment and interview comming up soon, anyone able to give me some information via PM about technical tests and technical questions in the interview? anyone able to answer the 8 questions from NIK pages before?
many thanks,
cheeers:D

namngm
17th Feb 2009, 15:37
Wingman what dates do have?? some are next week are you on them:ok: try to relax and review eng out procedures

Leboeuf
11th Mar 2009, 08:59
Hi,
has anyone got an invitation for the interview next May ?

inverter
13th Mar 2009, 16:21
:ok:
This morning saw the A6-ABP A320, brand spanking, shinny new
A320-214 in Air Arabia's color scheme, that was parked at OMSJ's new remote apron bay. This makes the fleet of the UAE LCC at a strong number of 16 A/C total. The guess is the bonus announcement to follow before the end of Mar 2009! That previously was declared towards the end of the Feb since the start.
INV

PHAROH
14th Mar 2009, 16:30
they'd better do ,the banks can't wait any longer.

320 star
16th Mar 2009, 02:50
I thought the rumor was that there will not be any bonus this year or very little!!!!??:{

kit330
16th Mar 2009, 06:39
that's not goin to be to good for the morale after all the hard work everyone put in last year....:( right 320*??

PHAROH
16th Mar 2009, 13:30
not everyone :*

kit330
16th Mar 2009, 14:56
well depends how u look at it...for me its a team effort...;), remember greater minds are always at work...just like how others see us as only sitting around,drinking coffee,reading the papers n chatting up the girls.they dont know the work we put in. so the same should go for others,as we dont do their work to know what they do....an old wise skipper once told me....:ok:

320 star
16th Mar 2009, 16:41
so is there a bonus or not?:confused:

PHAROH
17th Mar 2009, 06:49
Hey Kit,

Not everyone among the team will get the same $$$ as per the team leader ;)

chatting up the girls :cool:
not anymore.

320star,
there will be a bonus & if you don't belive it ,are you willing to bet 2 monthes from your bonus ?
note:If you lose you can leave the package in the pigeonhole NO.1.

kit330
17th Mar 2009, 07:34
pharoh- agree with you n that's without a doubt!! I was just talking abt us lowly mortals and for the rest pls read my earlier note abt what the old wise skipper once said....;)

ps: not chatting up the girls...sure or not??? hehehe :oh:

PHAROH
19th Mar 2009, 08:45
23rd of March 2009

Fly4Fun
19th Mar 2009, 17:45
Do Air Arabia have any kind of department or person to help pilots finding accommodation, or your're on your own on that issue? How much to get a nice villa (not necessarily in city center) these days in Sharjah?

Thanks for your time

kit330
23rd Mar 2009, 13:23
anything yet....$$$ :oh: still abit quiet...

wingmaaan
24th Mar 2009, 17:21
are you guys hiring at the moment?

iam_srajesh
25th Mar 2009, 08:00
HEY GUYS

I have done faa dispatcher license..am interested to work for air arabia as assistant dispatcher at least....i had applied online in their website..i had call from HR few days before and they said they will call me back and inform about dates later..so far no phone calls..anyone have idea how long it takes for them to call or schedule for interview..coz i can say am crazy to get job as dispatcher ..:ugh:. thanks..

La Coneja
31st Mar 2009, 23:53
What about the screening of this morning at Madrid CAE Simulator Center?

Big Footer
16th Apr 2009, 03:37
Hey guys,

What is the next step to reduce cost on board ?

a) No meals.
b) No fruits.
c) No cold drinks.
d) All the above.

the correct answer will get a free extra bottle of water 0.5L.:cool:

fatigueflyer
16th Apr 2009, 10:37
Just a quick question. Is there an anti-poaching agreement between Air Arabia and either EK and/or EY? Thanks.

Leboeuf
28th Apr 2009, 13:18
Am I wrong or the interview dates,have been removed from the web site ?
Any news from inside ?

Spoogie
29th Apr 2009, 04:59
You are indeed correct!!...I think they have enough pilots in a holding pool! They are currently watching the economic situation to decide when the hiring will resume.

pilot_wood
14th May 2009, 13:23
Who is attending selection at CAE Madrid next week?

Does anyone know the sim profile, is it a standard A320m cx or are there any tricky bits?

The interview / test, anyone with any light?

rgrds.

pinkylicious
15th May 2009, 09:00
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if Air Arabia provides free accomodation or allowance for accomodation forcabin crew..

Also wanted to know if they recruit non-UAE citizens bcos I applied for Air Arabia Maroc which so far seems to hire even non-UAE citizens and have international flying destinations..am I correct??

Thanx!!

greet
16th May 2009, 07:32
i will be there tuesday ..........

skypilot320
16th May 2009, 08:02
I wish the best for all of us :)

haunted dog
8th Jun 2009, 20:45
Hi,
any updates on recruitment, UAE or Marroc?

Thanks in advance

alexflyer
22nd Jul 2009, 13:56
rumours are saying that air arabia will initiate a base in Amman Jordan in may 2010!
did anybody hear smthn about that...?
cheers........!

flyboy83
13th Aug 2009, 17:29
Hey guys,

Does anyone have info on the technical test or sim profile currently in use at Air Arabia interviews?

Thanks

Spoogie
14th Aug 2009, 10:45
Flyboy..check your inbox...you got mail!

Badhorsey
16th Aug 2009, 14:29
I have interview next week, any info on the tech test would be most appreciated also.

Cheers Guys,

Badhorsey:ok:

Spoogie
16th Aug 2009, 14:44
any First Officers interviewing next week or anytime soon?

Elastigirl
25th Aug 2009, 18:42
Hi Spoogie, you got mail :)

Leboeuf
25th Aug 2009, 18:49
I applied 8 months ago,kept my application updated but got any news at all... Any reason on that... I have more than the double requirements.
I wonder if they look at the online application.

Spoogie
26th Aug 2009, 08:05
Too many drivers....pool full of applicants with 3-5 times the requirement! who applied 18 months ago...just hang in there..

skytrek21
26th Aug 2009, 10:37
HI Guys,

I just applied on-line a few days back.....I also see that they have advertised for interview dates until the end of the year. What are the chances for getting called and also would they have already selected the candidates all the way upto the Nov interviews. Any reply will be great. Thanks

flyby71
30th Aug 2009, 17:28
does anybody have the most current payscales, please

Spoogie
30th Aug 2009, 17:57
Air Arabia (http://www.airarabia.com)

manflex69
7th Sep 2009, 15:07
Hi spoogie,

I saw the package of AA, and wants to know a few things..

Is 12,000 AED enough for housing at sharjah?
Is it better living in sharjah or dubai for family..?
I'm concern about my children school. I've 3 children ( 3,7,8 years old)

Thanks in advance spoogie

Regards, Manflex69:ok:

Spoogie
7th Sep 2009, 17:28
I would choose DXB over SHJ. The amount is enough for rental. If you want a Very large Villa, you may have to go in your pocket just a bit. With regards to the kids, you can have up to three cover with the company as long as there are under the age of 18. You should not have a problem.

manflex69
8th Sep 2009, 03:38
Spoogie....

Big thanks for the Information..

Regards..Manflex69:ok:

EUL
8th Sep 2009, 12:14
Does anyone have info on the technical test or sim profile currently in use at Air Arabia interviews?

Thanks

tristarfivestar
8th Sep 2009, 20:10
yea but its sad that all of you cant travel business of first class.Thats the disadvantage in working in a low cost airline

FlyingSoul
16th Sep 2009, 15:30
If anybody knows something about Air Arabia recruitment process, please send me info to e-mail.
thank you in advance:D

dadof6
24th Sep 2009, 21:37
Also looking for any insights into Air Arabia. Have just submitted application. thanks

[email protected]

IRONN EAGLE
26th Sep 2009, 23:06
The truth is Air Arabia is that the company is completely unorganised.

Upper management is ok. They are running a sweat shop and proud of it. Middle Management is full of smoke and mirrors. The truth is they are incompetent. Open door policy is a joke like their training department.

Training is non excitant.
Training is pointless and COSTS MONEY! Only Checking applies here. We check till we cannot check no more and then double check that we checked just to be sure you’re checked. What are we checking??? Well the theory here is if you have a type rating than all the FCOMs and OM should be fully memorized Including the QRH! Did you know we now operate with only one QRH onboard? Those things COST MONEY YOU KNOW!

Upgrades are impossible and firing / downgrades are easy. The current pass rate of FOs to CAPTs is 1 out of 15.

Firing and downgrades are quite normal around here. Every other week we hear about another victim.

Roistering is a joke. Yea I know every pilot says that. But believe me you have not seen nothing like this!

Simply put rosters are constantly changed via phone calls and text messages in the middle of the night telling you to report early morning or on your days off. You fly about 30% of your original roster.

Maximum 3 days off in a row per month. The rest of the month you will get one day here one day there.

Typical roster is as follows first day you fly early morning the next you are flying all night the day after that you are flying early morning again. (it’s great for the body!)

If you are 1 minute late checking than expect a phone call or calls the following day asking you why.

Annual leave is all screwed up. Usually 2 weeks in a row maximum, followed by punishment upon your return with consecutive days of flying till you time out.

You will fly about 95 to 100 hours a month until you time out for the year. Once you time out the fun begins. You will be scheduled a bunch of standby days with some Muscat or Doha trips. (These are 1 hour trips) this prohibits you from going home.

Sick Calls require a doctor’s note. Fair enough. BUT! That note then needs a stamp by another doctor located at the Airport. He kindly asks to collect 50 Dirham for his effort. HR then claims they did not receive the letter and you get fined 2 days or more worth of pay. Now the prorated pay is at HRs discretion and mood. Truth is they do pay you at some point but you must use up at least one of your 8 days off a month to accomplish the task.

Good things about Air Arabia.
They pay well.
Crews are very nice.
Maintenance is good.
You can afford a fancy car.
Malls are nice and a Rolex is a must. Problem is you can only buy it once.
Your wife will be on anti depressants or leave and go home within a month or two. Either way you won’t have to hear her mouth.
Russian Prostitutes are abundant.
You can tell your friends you live in Dubai.
You get to experience Unbelievable Heat and sand storms.
You can own a human for a mere 500 Euro a month.
You do not have to plan what to wear the next day because it’s always your uniform.
Your wallet will not be stolen.
Lying is a must and company policy.
Only 2 Americans in the whole company.
And Last but not least overnights in Beautiful tropical DAHKA and Colombo! It makes you appreciate the finer things in life like clean water!

I hope this helps.

andorra2004
27th Sep 2009, 17:13
Is the best analysis I have ever seen. Absolutly ACCURATE. :ok:

dadof6
27th Sep 2009, 18:50
...but how are the crew meals?

Guess I won't resign my Air Canada job right away...:uhoh:

gipsy moth
27th Sep 2009, 19:45
Extremely accurate! Great job! Very well defined specially the training part...
I want to add; you can pas a official GCCAA ppc sim check be called to repeat it again next month, fail exactly the same check an get fired right away!!!!!
Yes! You you'll make lot's of money but save as much as you can... You won't enjoy spending it having this feeling that you can get downgraded or fired at any time... They pay your kids school but is not worth it if having that continuous uneasy felling that you may have to move somewhere unexpectedly because yo may get fired downgraded or you and your family realize that this is not a life and is not worth it.
Roster...(I wonder why they call it like this) Some guys work alteratelly week in week of... Some other ones have a week off guaranteed every month, a couple have arrangements to work every other day, the rest have to cope with the mess that's left.
True great crews, but is not a relaxed environment anymore with people so scared and complaining specially the last months.
Stay away...Many things to value in life besides money.

andorra2004
28th Sep 2009, 06:36
About de crew meals. If you love biryani rice and chicken, you will be in the heaven :8. You will have it in all the meals.

stansdead
28th Sep 2009, 10:33
All of the moans and groans here are irrelevant, unless you ask (alongside what the crew meals are like): Is the Staff Car Park any good?

Let's face it, car parks and crew meals are the ONLY important issues.:ok:

salamaleikum
28th Sep 2009, 17:32
well, ironn eagle & andorra 2004 (among the most pissed off!!!), I trully wonder if we work in the same company and if you have been in any airline before AA...
Is AA the best airline on earth? OF COURSE NOT!!! (whihch is by the way???)
Let me just remind you of a few things...
First of, the PERFECT airline doesn't exist! and AA is far from being the worst...
Regarding roster. OK, i'll grant you that this is the weakest point in AA. But if you tried to know the guys, you'll realise that you can get pretty much what you want from them as long as you're on a give & take basis... they'll fullfil 90% of your requests. BELIEVE ME!
regarding training... another myth from AA!!!
If you were studying appropriately instead of looking for fashion cars or russian whores (or whatever nationality, as you are right, it's easy to find...), you might enjoy your sims... OK, there are some assholes TRIs, but that's true of ALL the companies and most of AA's are REALLY cool guys... Just study a little bit harder and if you think you don't need to,.... change job!!! It takes a lifetime to know the Bus by heart but a split second to kill yourself... so YES, we have to study on regular basis and not only a week before your sim ride!
As for management and open doors policy, everytime i needed to talk to someone, someone was there to listen... so stop ****ting around and go & talk to the guys, and you'll see...
And how many company pay FOs 9000$/month and captain 12000$ (minimum and TAX FREE!!!)?
And how many company give 40000$ (50000 for captains) worth of shares just like that, as a "gift" (even though you need at least 3 years to benefit from it)??? NOT MANY...
in other words, either you leave or you play the game...
what it's gonna be????

salamaleikum
28th Sep 2009, 17:38
nothing to do wether pilot or not...
you make 9000$ a month and don't wanna pay 100 A YEAR for shading your car... you RAT!!!
as for me, i don't pay but don't complain...
cheers:}

Big Footer
28th Sep 2009, 21:12
Hey guys ,
cool down your engines if you are looking at AA as an airline you are making a big big mistake , AA is only related to aviation only when they purchase aircrafts but they run it like :mad: Supermarket.
watch your 6 & protect your ... Licence.

Spoogie
28th Sep 2009, 22:27
Hey guys come on...I agree everything is not perfect...like our Meals:E...but here is the deal...There are two ways of fixing this. First ..If there is a problem..Speak to someone who can fix it.. Second..If you dont like the job...resign. It is not correct for you to be working there...smiling like hypocrites with the management and tearing them up behind their back....especially as new ppruners..that is such :mad:! Then while you are doing this..telling other people not to come and work there..how do you know that someone else may share your opininion. Leave the job if its not working for you!!

Next..The only guy I knew to be fired after doing his sim check had a history of problems on his file before the sim, probably by some of you fellows! Next with regards to the downgrades, it could happen to anyone but if you do a 360 turn at 1 mlie final and not a proper go around...you could get a call to the office for tea and biscuits!!

OM-A (Ref 8.3.7.7) Warning 1: 360 degrees turns or any other major maneuvers for profile adjustments on final approach are strictly not permitted.

KHALAS!!

donwannafly
29th Sep 2009, 15:13
Howdy fellow aviators and :mad:

I'zz been xsepted to join AA but after reading Ironn eagle's article it makes moi tink??? is the grass greener on de oder side...

what happened 2 u to piss u off, or is it in your nature to :mad:?

Big Footer
29th Sep 2009, 16:15
spo ,
I have always believed that your loyalty is unquestionable , but be careful you started to see thing the way they are , some how.:}

Fubaliera
29th Sep 2009, 21:37
Just curious what is AA company min time in company to upgrade asper your operations manuals.

manflex69
1st Oct 2009, 13:12
Salemulaikum....

please check your PM...

Reg, manflex69:ok:

kit330
1st Oct 2009, 16:26
Spoongie.... reading all your previous post n you sound like a nice guy but making accusations like: "Next with regards to the downgrades...if you do a 360 turn at 1 mlie final and not a proper go around...be thankful that a downgrade is all you got!!".....I think is very very unprofessional !!! before you spread or create rumours you shld talk to the person involved n find out what actually happened and NOT just make up stories brother!!! As far as I know from him, he dint do a 360 on finals and not downgraded or left the company, so please stop shooting down a colleague without knowing the facts....very unprofessional buddy!!!! :=:=:=

SU-GCM
1st Oct 2009, 16:53
Anynews about Air Arabia Egypt ?

Big Footer
3rd Oct 2009, 12:23
Kit330 ,

excellent prief post on spo's unprofessional attitude .:ok:

Spo,

" their dirty laundry "

insisting on makin a scene out of this incident is The dirty lundry.
Stop making hasty judgments on incident that is still under investigation out of Good airmanship as Kit 330 was trying to say or do you need help as well in English .:=

Spoogie
3rd Oct 2009, 22:07
Hey Big Footer...I am not sure if your the size of your feet has affected the effectiveness of your eyes!! I did say my statement was out of place! What's up now..why are you still on this. I dont think it's worth going any further with this...again. Do you also want an apology for saying "their dirty laundry"?..I can do that for you too..if it makes you feel better!

Spoogie

p.s.. english is not my first language...so I can do with the help!!

IRONN EAGLE
5th Oct 2009, 17:56
salamaleikum (http://www.pprune.org/members/259318-salamaleikum) You asked me if we work for the same company. The answer is Yes we do. I am not pissed off in the least. Please do not try to make my post into some crazy rant. I came to AA with an open mind and accepted things for what they are. I cannot and will not attempt to change anything. I am not the CEO. My job is to fly an airplane from point A to point B safely, efficiently and comfortably. But I can tell you this first chance I get I will leave. It was a good experience but not one I would repeat if given the chance.
Your Quote “But if you tried to know the guys, you'll realise that you can get pretty much what you want from them as long as you're on a give & take basis... they'll fullfil 90% of your requests. BELIEVE ME!”
You just proved my point! No way can everyone get 90% of what they want someone has to get screwed! right?? You are telling us that if you kiss more ARS than me you will get it and I won’t. OK! Let me ask you this, does that sound like a professional well organized company????? Answer is NO!
Hey I am glad things are better for you than me. I guess I don't kiss enoug ars I have to try harder. Hey Quick Question for you why are so many pilots getting fired or down graded and wat is the current pass rate FO to Capt?
Thx

gipsy moth
6th Oct 2009, 09:44
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Spoogie
6th Oct 2009, 10:32
hey Gipsy,....i like that one!!!

gipsy moth
6th Oct 2009, 15:03
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I dunno, there supposed to be the little smiley guys clapping their hands it showed on the preview... Any way I clap my hands for Iron Eagle. You just summarized very well the problem.

True, the "Kiss ass to kick ass" guys are getting the 90% of what the want among the other guys from "The Family" That they are getting 100% of what they want with their fixed personalized tailored roster, obviously this is what is screwing up the rest of us!!! And the worst... This guys are very aware of it!!! :=

Big Footer
7th Oct 2009, 16:49
a 330 ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gipsy moth
8th Oct 2009, 09:14
Mmmmh.... Sound like the typical A320 low cost rumor... Although I think it would work very well to CMB and DAC... Even Manila! If their are not doing there must be a reason, maybe they are thinking about it...Where did you hear that?

Big Footer
8th Oct 2009, 22:51
yeh,i agree with you same rumor was there few years back in AirAsia

Oakpilot12345
8th Oct 2009, 23:25
Hey Iron Eagle,
I am in the process of applying to ADA in the UAE, any tips? What's it like? Thanks,

gipsy moth
9th Oct 2009, 12:12
Quoted from Al Nawras, airarabia on board magazine article about a study done by Aviation Week Magazine "The study highlighted that Air Arabia is a i pioneer in a region that has been not only LCC-averse, but also widebody-focused" Maybe yo saw the info there...

Terd Furguson
24th Nov 2009, 03:49
for info.....

long-gonner
3rd Dec 2009, 19:42
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone from AA can answer a question. I know you get ID90s on EK, but is that for Y class only or can you get business class ID90s? How about travel on EY and travel on your own equipment? Do you have passes for friends and family, or just for yourself? Thanks for any information, it's appreciated!

DHC-8
7th Dec 2009, 21:22
hey guys..can anyone bring me up to speed about AA second officer's recruitment? i appreciate it

Big Footer
8th Dec 2009, 07:41
long-gonner (http://www.pprune.org/members/237080-long-gonner),

[know you get ID90s on EK]

not any more , only 4 requests a month for all employees & no EY ID90 as well.

[business class ]

you'll never see that seat on EK unless you pay for it.

you are on your own right here.

long-gonner
8th Dec 2009, 12:41
BF,

Thanks for the information!

localive.
27th Dec 2009, 03:48
Hi guys!!!! any news with AA?? does anybody know if they are still hiring???
Any info please

gipsy moth
28th Dec 2009, 13:37
They are, but in a very slow pace. You must be really desperate, good luck!

Giggey
16th Jan 2010, 12:45
Echo can you pls share the email addresses in PVT as it appear i cannot see them on your post?

Any news about the current hiring for Alexandria base?

cheers

hunter320
3rd Feb 2010, 08:31
Hi Guys would realy like to know what kind of package AA offer for Alex base. thinking of applying.

cheers

Keltic Tigger
3rd Feb 2010, 11:37
A couple of questions, I can't find anyone who has been taken on for the new planned hub in March, it appears to be a well guarded secret.

Has anyone been offered a pilot position formally at the Egyptian hub?

Has anyone been taken out of the Air Arabia pool for the Egyptian operation?

Cheers

Tigger :ok::ok:

Big Footer
4th Feb 2010, 20:23
2 jumped ship this month , 4 last month few more on the way ,
is the ship sinking ? :confused:
seems to me the loyalty scheme is doing well :ok: .

Eddie757
5th Feb 2010, 03:29
Hey all!

Looks like there aren't any interview dates on the AA website. Does any one know what their current pilot recruiting status is? I'm about to submit my online ab-initio pilot application, but need to specify an interview date from the dates on the website.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Keltic Tigger
5th Feb 2010, 12:19
Hey Big Footer,

Thanks for the info. It doesn't make sense, I know guys that are waiting in the holding pool,they haven't heard anything from Air Arabia about start dates, and yet they have 2 new aircraft starting in Egypt in a matter of weeks, and to compound the situation people are leaving. So surely things should be moving there on the recruitment front.

I'm trying to get an interview but I can't get any information out of the company,but it's like I say it just doesn't make any sense.

Tigger::ugh:

balu.unni
6th Feb 2010, 09:10
r they really recruiting these S/O ?? I have a A 320 type rating which has expired .. will they consider my application for the S/O program

I have applied in their website... & does anyone know who's the HR manager tere at AIR ARABIA??

kit330
14th Feb 2010, 07:55
Air Arabia announces annual net profit of
AED 452 million

· Annual turnover stands at AED 2 billion; passenger traffic exceeds 4.1 million; load factor reaches 80 per cent

So any news of $$$$ coming our way.....;);):oh:

Big Footer
16th Feb 2010, 07:49
I would say check your pigeon hole for the letter (unfortunately dismantled ) or check the copmany e-mail for ceo announcement to the employee (unfortunately shutdown) or you may ask M..... (unfortunately terminated) :}

Good luck;)

Tziganul
20th Feb 2010, 11:31
HI GUYS!

been looking everywhere on this thread for an f/o take home but all i can find is cptn salary. can anyone of you please pm me as in what an f/o can anticipate. greatly appreciated it guys! :)

also, how is the base allocation done, by seniority or by preference? i heard that f/o in morocco make quite less, if any of you are there, can you pls tell me what one get in morocco. once more many thanks guys. :)

Manilo72
20th Feb 2010, 11:35
Hi Tziganul.
Just for curiosity.Have you been offered an F/O position with AA?

Try here Air Arabia jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/air_arabia)

Tziganul
20th Feb 2010, 12:32
thanks for the info, no i have not been offered a position, i just wanted to get some info for planning purpouse

hunter320
20th Feb 2010, 13:54
just wanna know if its true that alx base package is same as SHJ and if u have to pay any tax there? any info guys?

Tziganul
20th Feb 2010, 14:56
thanks Manilo72 :)

The Mixmaster
21st Feb 2010, 07:01
Does anyone at Air Arabia have any more info on the "ab initio" vacancies? Payscales, expected numbers to be recruited, typical roster etc

Many thanks in advance:ok:

gipsy moth
21st Feb 2010, 15:37
It doesn't look they are looking for lowtimers, some local second officers showed on the sceene...
You really want to come? 3 captains fired , and one downgraded to first officer in about a month, they love pulling out bars....One in at "training" etops flight (in Airabia training is checking) two in the PPC after being recommended for the check, as it happened before, downgraded in PPC as well!
Management using the safety software to monitor fuel managing and fuel saving procedures... Watch out guys, big bro is watching...

Big Footer
22nd Feb 2010, 12:40
Peeking is the right word , let me remind you that they can't do more than peeking when it comes to normal operation as per the LAW ,
they need Accident/Incident to Access and control these data , CVR's and FDR's exist in order to record information that may be of use in a subsequent accident/incident investigations NO MORE .
Have fun & keep bringing your food from home .:ok:

gipsy moth
22nd Feb 2010, 16:32
Geeeeee... Don't give'm ideas!!
Coffee brewed from home taste better... Yes, bring the food from home, like in school! Tupper power strikes back!!!

Big Footer
22nd Feb 2010, 17:12
they are way out of their league , but shopping in ACE for outdoor stuff was Fun .

Yebo
23rd Feb 2010, 07:42
What does a captain roster looks like? Sharja base.
average hours per month, days off?
are they hiring DECs ?

thanks

Yebo

gipsy moth
24th Feb 2010, 03:04
8 days OFF an month sometimes up to 10, you get a couple paired up, occasionally you can get 3 in a row, no more.
flying hours, you'll fly up to the limit, monthly hours from 80 to 110, average 95(?)
From 3 to 9 nights flights per month, now up to 2 in a row.
Very disrupting roster, changes from deep night to early morning and vice versa with minimum rest.
Money is good.

max gw
24th Feb 2010, 09:44
Hi Gipsy!
Do You Know If Aa Is Recruiting This Year Captains??
I Sent My Application In December But Still No News..
Any Info Is Appreciated
Thanks

Yebo
24th Feb 2010, 13:18
Thanks a lot.
I got the picture.:ok:

Yebo

gipsy moth
25th Feb 2010, 16:52
Well; we are flying like crazy and they keep firing guys, so they must be hiring... If you really want this. Good luck

max gw
26th Feb 2010, 08:14
Thanks A Lot Gipsy,pls Check Your Pm

Vc10Tail
7th Mar 2010, 06:09
Good dai!

1)You have posted much worth keeping an eye on but kindly advise how long you have been a servant of ABY?It may be worthy learning from your perspective and experience!

2)Hiring on the new second officer deal...what have you on it...does it stink or is it worth it?

3)Any news from chaps who were skinned thru it and came out alive and financially liquid to tell the story?Are there any who completed training but no job at the end of the tunnel?

4)How does the course rate as far as classroom support...or is it more or less a self study-under supervision deal?Is the duration for line training adequate for inexperienced prop spinners/ non rated drivers say?How many sectors before line check?

5)Do you guys fly hard enough to break the CARS:}???Why cant you refuse and comply?

6)Do pilots and cabin crew have any say to improve how things are dealt with such as rostering?

7)What are the prospects for command upgrades and why such a high failure rate and demotions to match?

8)Areyou expected to learn the FCOM by rote?

OK guys spill the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:E

Vc10Tail
7th Mar 2010, 06:13
Hey ol chap!

Can you PM me any worthy info about what to expect should I join ABY.I want the good, the bad....and the ugly.Tell me all you know about what guys experienced on the new pay to fly s/o programme.

Cheers

flytoparis
7th Mar 2010, 07:52
Hi AA drivers,

I would appreciate any info about the Alexandria operation. Is it an independent operation with Egyptian Contract and own seniority list or just considered as an additional base. Under which reg are the birds???

How strict are they with current on type? I have 3k on 320 but at the moment only current on 330/340.

Many thanks in advance for any help and info

Happy Ldgs

Paris

sam8808
12th Mar 2010, 11:41
Anyone have any info on the ab-initio vacancies? I'd applied more than a month back but haven't heard back from them. Are they still hiring? :confused:

Superpilot
24th Mar 2010, 12:27
Hi all,

Does anybody know how many A320 rated pilots are currently in the holding pool and how often AA are running assessments?

Thanks

FlyingSoul
24th Mar 2010, 15:46
Hi, guys!
A lot of questions here, but I can’t see any answer.
I really appreciate any info about DEC hiring.
I couldn’t find any useful information on AirArabia website about requirements and payment.
Thanks.

Fly4Fun
24th Mar 2010, 18:45
Are you sure?
It took me 2 minutes to find out. Go to careers section and select operations and Sharjah hub. On second page you'll have detailed terms and conditions.

Happy landings

FlyingSoul
26th Mar 2010, 04:58
Thank you, Fly4Fun.

I selected Job Search and flight operations (Sharjah hub), but unsuccessfully.
The message PAGE NOT FOUND appeared and nothing more.
Probably it’s an internal problem of my PC.

Best regards

Harlem
26th Mar 2010, 07:32
No, it isn´t an internal problem. Let try it with safari, firefox or google chrome. Don´t do it with explorer :ok:. I don´t know the reason, but I had the same problem as you and I did with chrome without problem.

FlyingSoul
26th Mar 2010, 08:44
Thank you, Harlem!
I'm very much obliged to you.
I did it with Safari.
Best regards:)

alginonuk
5th Apr 2010, 14:31
Hi everyone

I was hoping to gain some information on AA ab-initio intake.

Does anyone know any details? Interview information, T&C's or any information at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks Very much

patrickmehta
10th Apr 2010, 14:49
hi all... is AA hiring DEC for Sharjah? Am awaiting a reply.. A direct contact will be helpful.... Thanks in advance... Fly well

SW1
12th Apr 2010, 12:32
Anyone have any news regarding recruitment of second officers for Air Arabia? Have filled out the application form and just wondering what the criteria, other than F(ATPL) holder is? Thanks

gipsy moth
13th Apr 2010, 03:50
Parc aviation is advertising that they are hiring experienced pilots for six months contract starting ASAP.

Samiadam
13th Apr 2010, 04:51
Hi all,

Any news about the Ab initio program. Im jordanian with CPL/IR and have applied to this program long time ago. Havent recieved any reply from them.

any info is appreciated

Thankx

FZckntkawrap
24th Apr 2010, 23:32
Hi guys,

How long does AA give you to report to the airport if called while on reserve or standby? Thanks for the information!

gipsy moth
25th Apr 2010, 13:51
From 24 hours before, up to few minutes before reporting time. Pilots are supposed to be able to make it in one hour.

Big Footer
25th Apr 2010, 18:49
gipsy

lo siento mi amigo ,

i'll have to disagree with you , it's not mentioned any where so to make it on time or not depends on the guy behind the desk to inform you on proper time ( another gray area ):cool:

BF

FZckntkawrap
26th Apr 2010, 14:09
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Fubaliera
26th Apr 2010, 14:39
Just recieved a email from Parc aviation recruiting for Capt/FO for six month contract at Air Arabia in SHJ for 8500 Capt 6000 F/O and hotel provided.
Since when is Air Arabia outsourcing flying thru brokers and giving temp contracts for lower rates than the permanent guys.

KRUGERFLAP
26th Apr 2010, 17:02
I got the same email and i think a lot of guys as well It's the New World Order. BEING CHEAP,as we don't have any Union over here:eek: To be honest i think they will do PFT over here soon. The international Cadet Scheme is already something to be cheap crew wise . QR and EY are doing this already.

Shaman
28th Apr 2010, 04:16
Parc emailed me as well but without any details!

If I go my wife comes with me. How many nights away from Sharjah each month on average would a captain do? How many "up all night" flights as well?

Thanks all.

PHAROH
28th Apr 2010, 19:46
Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left.

Welcome to the AA reality world where money is everything :}

AirSDF
2nd May 2010, 19:05
Hi guys

Where can we find some more info about AA in Marocco.
Anyone flying in Casa on this thread.

Many thanks

AirSDF
2nd May 2010, 19:21
Houps I have just find it!!

safe fly to all

alexm320
14th May 2010, 05:45
Just checked today on the Air Arabia careers page, and there is no more the salary details for both A320 Captains & FO in Sharjah, but instead I found the next recruitment dates.

I received an application mail from Parc Aviation, but the conditions weren't as good as being hired by the company itself. So I'm waiting for them to reach me.

Anyone has been contacted directly from Air Arabia to attend on these dates?
or anyone here on my case, waiting for the company to contact us?

SW1
15th May 2010, 12:40
Has anyone been called for the ab initio interviews which are due to be conducted 29th-30th June?

Hamid_27
25th May 2010, 21:39
Hi all,

Any updates or Info about the ab initio scheme?

anyone been called up yet?

SV_741_India_Bravo
28th May 2010, 11:10
^ Anyone been called for ab-initio? site says interviews 29-30 june?

Red max
28th May 2010, 11:48
could someone please post a link to the recruitment dates!! they either removed it or im dumb and cant find it :ugh: !! Thanks

gipsy moth
29th May 2010, 04:24
For Big Footer, regarding standby reporting time:

Hi, it took me a while, I just saw the post. Yes it is written but actually is two hours:

OMA 7.3.7 "a crew member is given 2 hours or less notice of a report time,
then the allowable FDP starts at the report time at the designated reporting place"

More than 100 hours in May and 97 hours planned for June! I hope you're not dragging your body around like me! :bored:

Happy flights goaty! :)

jawad
31st May 2010, 16:46
hi guys any idea what will they ask in the interview for ab-ni pilots?????
any one got any rply from AA

SW1
1st Jun 2010, 15:36
Am yet to receive anything from AA. Im sure theres plenty of interest in this scheme from CPL/IR holders.

Hamid_27
2nd Jun 2010, 15:56
Hi all,

Is it me, or have they removed the interview dates for ab initio?

SW1
2nd Jun 2010, 17:11
Indeed they have. Wonder why? Not enough interest? Obviously not!

SV_741_India_Bravo
3rd Jun 2010, 16:25
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:*

EK380
26th Jul 2010, 20:40
Can anybody tell me what an average captain salary now is with Air Arabia, based in SHJ?

Please specify if accommodation/schooling/flying pay are included in the amount you quote.

The links to the Air Arabia site do not longer work.

Thanks,
EK380

sprogg
5th Aug 2010, 14:21
Anyone here recently been to an assessment with ABY? I read somewhere they were doing assessments in July and August.

What are they looking for?

pm me if you want to keep it private.

Cheers :ok:

lionoftheleft
29th Aug 2010, 07:34
Hello all, seems all is quite on this thread.
Just last week there were to hold interviews at Air Arabia.
Anyone went?
May someone update us all on what is going on in Air Arabia?
If anyone can say what happened in the interview as well the process of events as well what type of questions were in the written exams as well in the interview as well. All help would be of great use to us all.
Many thanks in advance :ok:

skytrek21
29th Aug 2010, 09:40
Hi Guys,

Just to inform you...the E mail people are getting from Parc Aviation is not for Sharjah base...it's actually for their new ops that started in Alexandria (Egypt). Initial 6 month contract and the pay has already been posted before.

sky

pacemakerpratik
13th Sep 2010, 15:49
Is it true that Air Arabia is only hiring MPL graduates as their First Officers.. Is there seriously no chance for the conventional CPL, fATPL holders? :ouch:

that's sad if it true:8

flywithjabir
14th Sep 2010, 19:59
Only experienced F/O with minimum 500 hours on type are screened

LA Dude
26th Sep 2010, 17:29
Hey what does it take to get an interview? I've had an application on file for a good while......anyone know? Anyone has a contact email or tele #? Thanks....

foairbus320
4th Oct 2010, 14:24
Hi Guys,

Anybody invited for screening this Oct/Nov?PM me plss,

Iver
4th Oct 2010, 20:10
Do the pilots tend to be local pilots (i.e., from the ME) or do they also hire Europeans, Asians, Americans/Canadians, etc.? Do they have many Euro expats out of Sharjah?

Can anyone summarise what are the benefits of flying for AA vs. FlyDubai and other local LCC carriers?

Cheers

eagleeye23
5th Oct 2010, 18:43
Hi everybody.
I have an interview with air arabia in Oct. Can anybody help me with how does the selection process goes i.e. What type of Qs in the interview, written exam and the sim??? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

hamd
9th Oct 2010, 12:32
guys.....anyone who recently went through the interview nd sim.....am going for the Nov interviews???
anybody with whatever info which wud help...
about the bases, which is a better place: sharjah, Casa or Alex????????

twinairpool
11th Oct 2010, 16:30
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please provide any interview details.? I appreciate any information. Thanks very much...:O

Superpilot
12th Oct 2010, 19:51
Hi,

Can anyone name the current chief recruiter? Is it M Ahmed?

flygirl319320
14th Oct 2010, 22:03
Can anybody PM average salaries for PIC with 6 months contract over Parc and is it true You are staying at the hotel with family not invited instead of a flat? a What happens after 6 month contract? Thanks;)

Big Footer
15th Oct 2010, 08:10
EK380 ,
captain salary for Air Arabia based in SHJ

http://www.airarabia.com/pdf/CAPTAIN%20Salary_Shj.pdf

eagleeye23
21st Oct 2010, 18:02
Hi Guys.
Can anyone on the forum tell me how does a new FO's roster looks like i.e.No. of night flts. days off, average monthly flying etc. Secondly can you easily get your annual leave in parts? Thanks and happy landings to all.
Cheers

bettigio
23rd Oct 2010, 08:45
I tried to get an invitation for the interview for almost an year, never got any replied.
So I decided to move into a next level. I went DIRECT to their office in Sharjah with a nice suit and my CV.
Got the invitation a week later. Passed all the interview, got a contract signed.
I start now in november. I'm studying for the UAE AIR LAW exam required to fly over there. If somebody have any info about that exam I really appreciate.
P.S. During my interview we were from all over the globe (Mexico, Croatia, India, Brazil...)

eagleeye23
23rd Oct 2010, 19:30
Hey bettigio Congrats!!!! best of luck. If you dont mind can you share with us how was the exam. interview and Sim? I mean what pattern and type of Qs. It will be of benefit to a lot of us here Thx in advance

sam8808
24th Oct 2010, 11:24
bettigio, is this for a direct entry position or ab-initio? congrats either way

bettigio
24th Oct 2010, 13:47
I'm a direct entry first officer with more than 2000 hrs on type :ok:
My fiancè works in EK as cabin crew and they gave her annual leave in parts. I presume it would be the same with Air Arabia.
According to them we will fly a lot (around 100 hrs) and most of the time at night.
I've been flying the same for the past 3 years here in Turkey, so I'm a little used to this hard work with minimum rest.
Example: I just landed this morning at 8am after 11 hrs duty. Woke up now at 4 pm. I have another flight tonight at 1 am (4 legs Antalya-Dusseldorf-Istanbul-Nevsehir-Antalya) and I'll be back tomorrow at 4 pm.:8
As far as I understood the Alexandria base has a worst contract condition (especially from the agencies) than the main Sharjah base and Casablanca.
"flygirl319320" It is always a pleasure to fly with you Captain :)
CAVOK SKIES.

Fly4Fun
29th Oct 2010, 19:38
Hi guys,

I just watch the Air Arabia dvd from Worldairroutes. Can you confirm that Air Arabia SOPs are the same from Airbus, F/O taxies, start the engines, etc? Also how you feel about living in Sharjah?

Happy landings

hamd
3rd Nov 2010, 11:58
@Fly4fun.....A/A follows the airbus SOP's they dont have their own SSOP. Sharjah is good, but if you are coming from europe, even Casa wud a good option for you.

hamd
3rd Nov 2010, 12:03
Hello guys....

anyone going for end of nov. interviews....did any of you get any travel details yet, from the hr.????

Fly4Fun
3rd Nov 2010, 15:11
Thanks hamd,

I'm not trying to join. Just curiosity as at my present company the SOP's on all fleets the F/O can not taxi, start engines, etc. Although when I'm flying with experient F/O I let them start engines and taxi.

Good luck with the interview

wigwag
21st Nov 2010, 19:09
Is anyone able to give me the latest on screening process for the interview and what to expect in the sim assesment?

Regards

WW

MrMutra
29th Nov 2010, 14:09
Anyone with latest information for interviews and news regarding recruitment?
Mr M

reak6ion
9th Dec 2010, 18:30
ABY SOP is copy paste the Airbus SOP...
very few minor differences.

SyncPilot
24th Dec 2010, 16:38
Hello everybody, this thread is a bit quiet so am interested is there any recruiting soon for FO˙s Sharjah base? And how is the upgrade policy at AA? How many years to upgrade, is there a senority list??...Thnks

nibraska
25th Dec 2010, 03:30
Hello every one,
I know this might not be relevant following the previous post, but just wanted to know if any one has any info on AA line training if available?

Regards

mirage2000pilot
6th Jan 2011, 07:20
Can someone please PM me the interview process for AA and advise me of what to expect, tech questions, air law, panel interview, sim ride
thanks a lot

[email protected]

MDT06
23rd Apr 2011, 02:04
Any updates?

Fly4Fun
27th May 2011, 18:41
I just give a look at new conditions from Air Arabia and it seems they are following the way of Etihad by degrading their T&C. Now to be on the highest pay you need above 3,000 hours on type (previously above 2,000); now you'll have a bond; Loss of License Insurance as gone as well as the seniority allowance.

It's just me or the sandpit is becoming less and less atractive day after day? :confused:

Happy landings

smart123
28th May 2011, 05:30
Seniority allowance and LOL are there as usual. Yes, they have revised the hours for change of salary slabs (basic). Check your facts before posting

Fly4Fun
28th May 2011, 12:36
Thanks for the clarification smart123.
I was just only speaking for what I saw on the pdf document provided on their website for the Sharjah hub.

Happy landings :ok:

USnet
10th Jun 2011, 12:02
Anyone has updated infos on AA interview questions/SIM and upgrade possibility ? I know they're short of pilots both seats and cx flights.
Appreciate any public or PM to me.

gsstar
10th Jun 2011, 14:11
yeah pls shoot me a pm or post a message ..whats going on with AA

jimmyg
11th Jun 2011, 02:18
It appears that they are offering short term contracts for the summer 3 month with shamefully low pay.

Jumbo744
11th Jun 2011, 04:31
hello,

is it true that their Cadet Program has been transformed into a Pay 2 Fly program? :ugh:

gsstar
11th Jun 2011, 04:34
Most of the guys are going on Summer vacation back North..and some have high time or maxing out..come oct some guys are already done for the year flying..so it makes sense to get some guys from agencies to fill Temp position

Scanwing
29th Jun 2011, 10:44
Have AA taken any contract F/O´s now over the summer? I noticed that the ad with Parc is gone.

Wasp7320
2nd Sep 2011, 16:09
Hi Guy's;

Looking for any recent update about AirArabia Morocco.

Current situation / pilot satisfaction.
DEC Recruitment. (10.000 hrs TT / 6.000 on type).
T&C's / salary package / taxes issue.
Roster. Part-time. (1 week on - 1 week off / 1 month on - 1 month off).

Contact number or @mail adress.
Application on their website for months, but no reply.

In advance Many Thanks.

Safe flights & happy landings.
Le cap & le moral, du rhum & du Havane.

jibba_jabba
8th Nov 2011, 02:42
There seems to be alot of people requesting AA information, but unfortunately none sharing after they may have recieved it!

It defeats the point of a forum.

I suggest that who-ever has the information should post it AFTER CLEANING IT of identifying information; That would be helpful to all and stop hundreds of posts asking for 'PM me info'.

Thanks.

delay256
6th Feb 2012, 02:15
Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate any information on the Air Arabia Interview process? What sort of Sim Eval will be conducted? Written Tests? Interview questions?

PM me if you are able to provide any info

Thanks

RP-C000
6th Feb 2012, 11:44
Wall Photos | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=222541927839420&set=a.189939397766340.43660.185481661545447&type=1&theater)

Zakura
28th Feb 2012, 10:55
i jus did da Air Arabia entrance exam n i passed :)
regarding the entrance exam n interview stuff its very easy
1) u gotta do a test on basic english and maths(mostly trigonometry. triangles and dat sin,tan,cos stuff) its all multi choice questions n yer nt allowed to use a calculator u gotta score a minimum of 75% in both papers......if by any chance u dnt score 75% or above in da maths paper dey will give u a retry and in dat u can use a calculator...:)
2) psycometric test: in dis test der r gonna understand ur personality n find out if u r fit fer dem so da most important quality they look fer in dat test is "TEAM WORK"
3)aptitude test: u'll be given a joy stick in yer hand n 2 paddels under yer feet to check yer eye,hand and feet cordination.
4)Interview: nothin to be nervous bout.its very simple da guy will jus ask u a few questions bout yer self n like y u wanna be a pilot n stuff like dat.no technicall questions will be asked only general knowledge....remember U r going der to LEARN ok so u dnt need to worry bout nothin da interview will last fer bout 20-30 mins n da guy will be takin down sum notes bout u so be confident..:)
after dat u'll get yer result......
dats all der is so u dnt need to prepare much....:)
i hope i ws of some help to u wid dis!!!
enjoy!!!!!

ManaAdaSystem
28th Feb 2012, 14:23
Basic English test? You passed??????

Desert Dawg
29th Feb 2012, 03:01
I do not want to be on a Fly Dubai aircraft if Zakura is anywhere near the cockpit!! :eek::eek:

With such atrocious English skills, I seriously wonder if he/she can read FCOM's QRH's etc...!?!?

cyrilroy21
29th Feb 2012, 05:19
@Zakura

For what recruitment did you write this particular entrance exam ?

Is it for ab initio CPL holder ?

delay256
29th Feb 2012, 23:04
Any of you guys have to do a technical exam? JAA/FAA - Met/Theory of flight/Nav/ATPL questions?

Appreciate the info.

flyzede
29th Feb 2012, 23:14
Hi guys!
Anyone can tell me which is the best way to apply for Air Arabia?
Is it through Parc Aviation or by their Official site?
I've filled the application online (AA site) in early January and I heard nothing from them so far...

Thanks!

sharon_t24
1st Mar 2012, 08:01
is this air arabia intake which you passed in for the MPL program or are they hiring now ???

LNAV VNAV -
2nd Mar 2012, 12:53
Can anyone from within air Arabia tell me how easy or how difficult it is to collect a number of days Off in order to be able to go home very now and then?

In Fly Dubai for example, I know that pilots can easily do roster changes through AIMS, getting rid of some flights and collecting several consecutive days Off this way? Does such a system exist in AA?

Thanks

flyzede
2nd Mar 2012, 15:09
Is there anybody alive out there?
Hello Air Arabia Pilots!!! This is Planet Earth calling!
It just seams that there's only people asking things and no one is answering us!
:sad:

RP-C000
2nd Mar 2012, 16:12
coz they are busy flying 100 hrs a mth...

smart123
2nd Mar 2012, 18:22
The quality of roster is definitely improving but there is still a room for improvement. We normally get 5 consecutive days-off every month (a couple of months not possible due to crew shortage or peak leave period) which allows us to commute. In general, the rostering staff are really very accommodating and they help crew most of the times.

flyzede
3rd Mar 2012, 09:54
Thanks for the answer smart123!
Do you have any idea of what is happening with the recruitment? Cause I've sent my application online 2 months ago and got no answer at all, and recently I've found on Parc Aviantion an offer for Air Arabia A320 FO's for both Sharjah and Alexandria.
Thanks for the help!

320 star
4th Mar 2012, 09:50
ABY is only recruting TEMP F/Os as they have many MPL in the pipeline, the only few CPL going through the interview are among the last CPL and only for close reletaves of ABY Captains (Captains kids) or ABY employees who got their CPL

both Egypt and Maroc base will be recruting full time Pilots.

320 star
4th Mar 2012, 10:13
LNAV VNAV
we have a system like AIMS called CESAR, you can drop and swop your flights, most of them are day trips so it is not difficut to change, plus the 5 days off but not sure if it will work for long commuting:confused:

LNAV VNAV -
5th Mar 2012, 02:11
Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't need or expect long commuting. What I would need is to be able to gather 4-5 days off, once or preferably twice a month and from what I hear this is possible.

I didn't understand from the post above, is Arabia recruiting direct entry captains now for sharja? I know you can apply online but are captains actually recruited?

Battle Star Galatica
5th Mar 2012, 19:45
Has any one(expat) been selected for airarabia or any other airline in the middle east with low time and no type rating?

tokamak69
28th Mar 2012, 12:26
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me what's the average salary for a new FO with Air Arabia Maroc ? before and after taxes (which are huge apparently...)
and kind of roster ?
any bond when joining ?

thanks

Battle Star Galatica
29th Mar 2012, 15:57
Its there in their website. Do look

tokamak69
31st Mar 2012, 09:16
when do you find it on their website ??? i checked but i'm maybe blind i didn't find anything...:bored:

MacManiac
31st Mar 2012, 12:48
@tokamak69 did you check Air Arabia Careers page with Marco selected as Hub??????

tokamak69
1st Apr 2012, 09:27
yep sorry i finally found it. ;)

tokamak69
7th Apr 2012, 08:15
Hi guys,

I'm still looking for people working for Air Arabia Maroc based in Casablanca.
Would like to know the type of roster for F/O , average flying hours per month ?
Good relationship with captains and management ?
Is it hard to get the local licence?
And how is life in Casablanca?

Cheers :)

captain.weird
9th Apr 2012, 18:28
You mean with Alpha Aviation Academy?

Battle Star Galatica
10th Apr 2012, 15:59
Have you been selected as SO and already have a CPL/IR which is not from the Alpha Accademy?

Thanks

hamadshakh
29th Jun 2012, 02:37
hi guys any one have idea if air aribia has second officer program ? and do they accept bahraini and jordanian license

Torontofly
1st Jul 2012, 13:58
Hi ,

I got shortlisted for the assessment day with Air Arabia for the Cabin Crew position this week in Sharjah. Can anyone please tell me what to expect at the assessment day for Cabin Crew with Air Arabia?
I couldn't find anything on the online forums.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif Looking forward to hearing from you

Skyezalimit
3rd Jul 2012, 12:39
Hi everyone,

I have applied with Air Arabia a few months ago as a NTR FO.

My last company phased out the fleet i was hired to fly, so i am urgently looking for another flying job.

I hold and ATPL from the GCAA and Canada. Also have +3200TT +1500 jet and TR on the B732and A300B4.

I will be willing to pay my own TR.

Kindly if you have any hints or heads up in how to get my resume to the HRdepartment please let me know.

Thanking your kindness

MacManiac
4th Jul 2012, 11:27
I tried to phone Air Arabia HQ number 971-6-5088888 for the past one hour (UAE time 1400 till 1500) and to my surprise no answer on any department extension!! Operator, HR, Marketing, Corporate etc!

Are they on leave or has the duty finished?:confused:

South Prince
6th Jul 2012, 10:08
Hi there, does anyone have a hint as how to log back in to the pilot's application member section? thanks

newscaster
11th Jul 2012, 16:41
Have Air Arabia taken stake in Bhoja Air of Pakistan? the grounded airline will resume operations due to this from mid August.

Eastern Skyjets were also interested but pulled out of talks.

Hansol
11th Jul 2012, 16:47
I don't understand your post. You are asking a question but then answering it?
So have Air Arabia taken a stake in Bhoja air?

newscaster
11th Jul 2012, 17:02
Both, just want to confirm.

Hansol
11th Jul 2012, 17:17
It would make no sense at all for AA to become associated with Bhoja air, let alone invest in it. However prune is all about rumours. Where did you hear this from?

Guru8904
12th Jul 2012, 15:38
Whether it makes sense or not, it is true.