Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Luton-10

Old 14th May 2024, 15:16
  #4401 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Between the check-in desks
Posts: 447
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indication then that there are chancers flying out of Luton when more runway length is surely better for issues. I seem to remember that one flight by I think easyjet nearly didn’t make it when they did a take off calculation for a different intersection.

Last edited by Spanish eyes; 14th May 2024 at 15:32.
Spanish eyes is offline  
Old 14th May 2024, 15:53
  #4402 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 681
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spanish eyes
Indication then that there are chancers flying out of Luton when more runway length is surely better for issues. I seem to remember that one flight by I think easyjet nearly didn’t make it when they did a take off calculation for a different intersection.
You've not noticed then that the majority of departures from Luton don't use the full runway length and are via A or B intersections. Occasionally ATC will ask an aircraft if they can accept H also. It's all calculated in the performance and has nothing to do with being a "chancer"......
Double Hydco is offline  
Old 14th May 2024, 16:58
  #4403 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: southern spain
Posts: 2,012
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A 2Excel B737 is positioning out of Stansted to Luton this evening to take the Manchester City entourage back up to Manchester after playing Spurs with a scheduled departure of 0045. Does the aircraft not meet Stansted's night noise limits?
compton3bravo is online now  
Old 14th May 2024, 19:08
  #4404 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,927
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Luton has no concerns about disturbing residents sleep, it’s all about the money.
LTNman is offline  
Old 14th May 2024, 19:24
  #4405 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Luton/Tenerife
Posts: 969
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man City flew back from Luton on Saturday after their game with Fulham, although not early hours.
ericlday is offline  
Old 14th May 2024, 21:09
  #4406 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,880
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by compton3bravo
A 2Excel B737 is positioning out of Stansted to Luton this evening to take the Manchester City entourage back up to Manchester after playing Spurs with a scheduled departure of 0045. Does the aircraft not meet Stansted's night noise limits?
I doubt that is the reason as STN usually has two West Atlantic 734s after midnight. Maybe Ad-hoc slots are more valuable to STN in a couple of weeks in generating 200+ football supporters.
pabely is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 04:51
  #4407 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: southern spain
Posts: 2,012
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The flight would have had no more han 40 on board - players, manager and back room staff. Regarding their playing at Fulham which is in west London far easier to travel to Luton but Tottenham to Luton is somewhat different. Quite a few more Premier league flights this weekend looking at the fixture list.
compton3bravo is online now  
Old 15th May 2024, 06:19
  #4408 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,880
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by compton3bravo
The flight would have had no more han 40 on board - players, manager and back room staff. Regarding their playing at Fulham which is in west London far easier to travel to Luton but Tottenham to Luton is somewhat different. Quite a few more Premier league flights this weekend looking at the fixture list.
All games this Sunday are at 4pm so the likes of Everton & Newcastle will be away by 8pm so no issues there.
pabely is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 06:51
  #4409 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,880
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LGS6753
The ACL start of season report gives hints of additional flights. One each BA (98 seats E190?), Volotea (156 seats A319?), Sunclass (212 seats A321?) and Neos (186 seats B738?) are in the programme for S24.
The capacity declaration for W24 releases a further 4 stands and 500,000 passenger air transport movements in anticipation of progress towards 19m pax.
A BA E190 due in today so that is probably that slot accounted for.
pabely is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 10:42
  #4410 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Luton
Posts: 158
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39
Here’s something that I hadn’t come across before last week… was on a 1h flight on a dry day on a 737-800, departing from the intersection of Taxiway H from RWY07. Usually from that runway we’d typically go fullish length without a backtrack. Not sure how much margin exactly was available but it didn’t feel like there was much left over after the wheels were off the ground!

it wasnt that unusual back in the day before B was constructed, have also seen the opposite, one Summer when an AMC 737-200 bound for Cairo backtracked PAST the 07 Turning Circle and started down the hill onto the undershoot and started his run up from there.
G-AZUK is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 14:03
  #4411 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Luton/Tenerife
Posts: 969
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
A BA E190 due in today so that is probably that slot accounted for.
F1 related, Imola GP
ericlday is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 14:16
  #4412 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIRMINGHAM
Age: 61
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
A BA E190 due in today so that is probably that slot accounted for.
Most of the others are presumably Champions League related
MARK 101 is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 15:09
  #4413 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,880
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ericlday
F1 related, Imola GP
Those are normally handled by Harrods FBO and thus would not show on ACL reports.
pabely is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 18:54
  #4414 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,927
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Football clubs demonstrating their green credentials but at least they don’t pretend to be green.

On the subject of football where does the England team now fly from, as they now seem to give Luton a miss?

Last edited by LTNman; 15th May 2024 at 19:09.
LTNman is offline  
Old 15th May 2024, 19:12
  #4415 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: southern spain
Posts: 2,012
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Usually Birmingham as there training HQ is now in the Midlands.
compton3bravo is online now  
Old 16th May 2024, 14:34
  #4416 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: UK & Estern Europe
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could flyDubai be considering Luton as a London to Dubai option?

flydubai considering London, Bangkok, and Australia routes for its new 787s

So flyDubai are looking at new longer haul routes with their recently ordered 787 aircraft and appears London is one of the destinations they have their eyes on...

flyDubai is owned by Emirates, and considering Emirates is active with multi daily departures from LHR, LGW and STN, could Luton be on the cards for this route with FlyDubai, so they don't butcher Emirates flights at these other London airports?
gdiddy is offline  
Old 16th May 2024, 19:29
  #4417 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: London Whipsnade Wildlife Park
Posts: 5,040
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impressive.Sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) is as critical to FBOs meeting their own emissions-reduction targets as it is for aircraft manufacturers and operators. Demand is still limited by the price differential with standard fossil fuel, but supply is currently the bigger problem for Signature.

“We want as much SAF as we can get,” Smith says. “We sold over a million gallons at Luton last year. As a global organization, we sell over 8% of the world’s SAF. We want it everywhere around the network, and this is an area where governments could really help us, by mandating the airports to make SAF available. But the challenge on our side is really encouraging the suppliers to make SAF available to us. They'll have a tendency to prioritize [airlines], which is clearly more commercially beneficial to them.”
Buster the Bear is offline  
Old 16th May 2024, 21:46
  #4418 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,880
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gdiddy
flydubai considering London, Bangkok, and Australia routes for its new 787s

So flyDubai are looking at new longer haul routes with their recently ordered 787 aircraft and appears London is one of the destinations they have their eyes on...

flyDubai is owned by Emirates, and considering Emirates is active with multi daily departures from LHR, LGW and STN, could Luton be on the cards for this route with FlyDubai, so they don't butcher Emirates flights at these other London airports?
Well Luton did have a Dubai route once with Silverjet. Never say never. As we are talking 2026 here, things could happen. Finally an operator to regularly use the Stand 42 diagonal parking?
Will Luton get a Premium Lounge dedicated or is that outside the FlyDubai model?
pabely is offline  
Old 16th May 2024, 21:55
  #4419 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,880
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear
Impressive.Sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) is as critical to FBOs meeting their own emissions-reduction targets as it is for aircraft manufacturers and operators. Demand is still limited by the price differential with standard fossil fuel, but supply is currently the bigger problem for Signature.

“We want as much SAF as we can get,” Smith says. “We sold over a million gallons at Luton last year. As a global organization, we sell over 8% of the world’s SAF. We want it everywhere around the network, and this is an area where governments could really help us, by mandating the airports to make SAF available. But the challenge on our side is really encouraging the suppliers to make SAF available to us. They'll have a tendency to prioritize [airlines], which is clearly more commercially beneficial to them.”
SAF is on Signature's radar in a big way as long as it can get supply and Government backed incentives. See what they are doing in CA state in US.
https://www.signatureaviation.com/ne...ended-saf.html
pabely is offline  
Old 16th May 2024, 22:37
  #4420 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,527
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gdiddy
flydubai considering London, Bangkok, and Australia routes for its new 787s

So flyDubai are looking at new longer haul routes with their recently ordered 787 aircraft and appears London is one of the destinations they have their eyes on...

flyDubai is owned by Emirates, and considering Emirates is active with multi daily departures from LHR, LGW and STN, could Luton be on the cards for this route with FlyDubai, so they don't butcher Emirates flights at these other London airports?
If they did come to London it would no doubt be LHR or LGW they'd have their eyes on, with a vague possibility of STN if they couldn't get the slots.

With regards to "butchering" Emirates services as you put it, it's called competition and would be all part of the plan. There's no way they'd fly to LTN simply to shy away from Emirates.
FRatSTN is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.