Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Primera Air

Reply

Old 8th Mar 2018, 15:39
  #161 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,474
Originally Posted by EIFFS View Post
Time to command upgrade will be the least of your worries ��
EIFFS
You seem to have gone a bit mute anything to add to you comment of would you like to delete it.
daz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2018, 19:19
  #162 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 4
Ok, I am thinking to go to Primera to join Airbus fleet, as you can imagine I want to know if someone will share some information with me, about certain conditions, how is people inside, etc, time for captaron upgrade, etc, roster,etc.

Of anyone (polite) donít mind to share info, just share here.

Thank you very much!
pelucoair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2018, 21:46
  #163 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
Nobody can answer your question as nobody knows - essentially the airline doesn't exist yet! Primera Air fly a handful of 737's on scandi to canary island and other holiday routes. Now they decide to get a brand new type, start a brand new type of flying on low cost long haul where no one has ever made money. If you choose to go there, then you are a braver soul than I. I wish them all the luck in the world but I'd be very surprised to see them around BHX or STN this time next summer.
planedrive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2018, 22:31
  #164 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 4
Thank you very much for your answer, however....will it not being related with Primera (the one with 737s??)
I will see, but it seems to be a good proyect, I remember American Airlines doing this things with 757....it was not a low cost however things can change and ....if you donít take the risk you will never know if you are going to get success!

Thank you very much for the answer if anyone is in my same situation just contact me.
pelucoair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2018, 09:23
  #165 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 808
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

"if you don`t take the risk you will never know if you are going to get success!"........ perfect reasoning & positive too.

Can add nothing to your requests I`m afraid but to point out the negativity & dismissiveness from the previous poster may well be to do with his geography & locale,
sandwiched as he is at an airport between the two proposed Primera bases of BHX & STN...
southside bobby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2018, 10:24
  #166 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Southampton
Posts: 1,352
Originally Posted by planedrive View Post
Nobody can answer your question as nobody knows - essentially the airline doesn't exist yet! Primera Air fly a handful of 737's on scandi to canary island and other holiday routes. Now they decide to get a brand new type, start a brand new type of flying on low cost long haul where no one has ever made money. If you choose to go there, then you are a braver soul than I. I wish them all the luck in the world but I'd be very surprised to see them around BHX or STN this time next summer.
To quote you ''essentially the airline doesn't exist yet''

PRIMERA started operations in 2003 as JetX under an Icelandic AOC

PRIMERA operate to 97 destinations of which 36 are scheduled.

PRIMERA have bases at 11 airports in Denmark, France, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, United Kingdom

PRIMERA employee approximately 300 people and made a 7.6 million Euro profit in 2017.

Not bad for an airline that ''essentially doesn't exist yet''.
canberra97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2018, 11:33
  #167 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 3,614
Now they decide to get a brand new type, start a brand new type of flying on low cost long haul where no one has ever made money.
Maybe - but the above is still a valid point. And doesn't even mention new countries and bases.

But as others have said, you've got to buy a ticket to win the lottery.
SWBKCB is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2018, 15:45
  #168 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 81
Daz211

Whilst I wish them well with this venture it does seem a high risk expansion, but yes you’ve got to be in it win it.

According to their website they have flown 403K passengers, it doesn’t make it clear if that was last year or since they started in 2003 by comparison Norwegian carried 2.3 million in Feb 2018 and 33 million in 2017

I very doubt Norwegian have made a dime yet out of max operations across the Atlantic, yes they were using brand new aircraft and engine combinations, new crews, new operating bases and a huge spend on publicity and the well document farce of US pilots licensing delays. This despite a establish presence in their respective markets, meanwhile we have an airline that out side of the world of PPRuNe is virtually unknown embarking on an operation that will have to work like clock work out of the box with new crews, new aircraft on ETOPS routes that like the max fly a lot slower than widebody aircraft and will be to heavy to get much above FL340 and they are starting further east than Norwegians Ireland and Scotland efforts, add more expensive airports and significant ground delays at the US end it could go horribly wrong.

On the plus side they are not starting in the winter when weather is bad and loads are low.

Next problem will be crewing them against the reported rosters, that will soon jade people and there are likely to be plenty of airbus jobs going forward, not least with Norwegian on A321neoLR of which they have 30 coming starting next year and it’s reported that a good number will be heading for London Gatwick.

Let’s see how things are in October, but brave and ballsy move ��
EIFFS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2018, 22:08
  #169 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by canberra97 View Post
To quote you ''essentially the airline doesn't exist yet''

PRIMERA started operations in 2003 as JetX under an Icelandic AOC

PRIMERA operate to 97 destinations of which 36 are scheduled.

PRIMERA have bases at 11 airports in Denmark, France, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, United Kingdom

PRIMERA employee approximately 300 people and made a 7.6 million Euro profit in 2017.

Not bad for an airline that ''essentially doesn't exist yet''.
And therein lies a big worry. An airline with just 9 aircraft (of a different type/manufacturer), and 300 employees, already having 8 bases (soon to be 11). Ever heard of spreading yourself too thin? This is a giant new project with new crew, operating procedures, countries, and aircraft. So yes Primera 'Long haul' essentially doesn't exist yet - hence why no one can show you rosters or give advice on time to command, commuting etc.

Like I said: I have no harsh feelings towards the airline and many of my ex colleagues have gone there after events of last year. I wish them all the best of successes.
planedrive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2018, 23:23
  #170 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,967
However, if they did make 7.6 million profit last year then I guess they must be doing something right?
Hotel Tango is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2018, 08:00
  #171 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 20
I wouldn't get too excited about Norwegian and the 321, much more problems to get around before 2019 and no sign of any acknowledgement from the management that they need to take action at all.
maxpeck is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2018, 09:06
  #172 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 124
Worked with them in Dublin when they did all of Budget Holidays work post Futura. A wonderful airline with a smashing crew and cabin crew as well as a great ops team.Mind you they did operate a 737 700 that not exactly the most reliable airframe in the world but none the less very very happy memories of them
Alteagod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2018, 10:28
  #173 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: gate 67 JFK
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by maxpeck View Post
I wouldn't get too excited about Norwegian and the 321, much more problems to get around before 2019 and no sign of any acknowledgement from the management that they need to take action at all.
Itís seems people have been saying this sort of thing every since Norwegian became a player.

It was the same when they started long haul, wonít work, canít work, hasnít worked before were the comments from some respected Ppruners and yet here we are a couple of years latter with an airline with currently 25 787ís and planned 32 by the year end, again the same with 738M wonít work people wonít fly long haul in 737, well itís seems they will and do and Dublin to New York Stewart as it will soon be called starts double daily next month.

For sure itís seems to have been a bumpy start and maybe Primera can avoid that if not they will need very deep pockets indeed.

When do they start operations?
INKJET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2018, 12:41
  #174 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 57
Posts: 586
Primera BHX-KEF

Now on their website from Dec 18
BHX5DME is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2018, 14:08
  #175 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by INKJET View Post
Itís seems people have been saying this sort of thing every since Norwegian became a player.

It was the same when they started long haul, wonít work, canít work, hasnít worked before were the comments from some respected Ppruners and yet here we are a couple of years latter with an airline with currently 25 787ís and planned 32 by the year end, again the same with 738M wonít work people wonít fly long haul in 737, well itís seems they will and do and Dublin to New York Stewart as it will soon be called starts double daily next month.

For sure itís seems to have been a bumpy start and maybe Primera can avoid that if not they will need very deep pockets indeed.

When do they start operations?
Very true, but like you, I also have some experience of the workings of the company/companies and personally it doesn't give me too much faith that they have the skills to turn things around. I'm not sure they even have acknowledged that something might not be right.

Personally, I don't think stating have many planes they have is much to shout about, it's not hard to borrow money and expand at all. The trick is being able to make money from it and keeping the costs under control.
maxpeck is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2018, 18:40
  #176 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London
Posts: 43
Looks very smart.
USERNAME_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2018, 19:03
  #177 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,474
Thanks for the fantastic photo she is looking very nice
daz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2018, 16:54
  #178 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 81
Looks very nice

Originally Posted by daz211 View Post
Thanks for the fantastic photo she is looking very nice
Will look better with some engines
EIFFS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2018, 18:50
  #179 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,474
Manchester to Malaga has made its way onto Primera Air website
daz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2018, 18:52
  #180 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,474
Also Stansted Tenerife and Las Palmas
daz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service