PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Primera Air
Thread: Primera Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2018, 14:08
maxpeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by INKJET
It’s seems people have been saying this sort of thing every since Norwegian became a player.

It was the same when they started long haul, won’t work, can’t work, hasn’t worked before were the comments from some respected Ppruners and yet here we are a couple of years latter with an airline with currently 25 787’s and planned 32 by the year end, again the same with 738M won’t work people won’t fly long haul in 737, well it’s seems they will and do and Dublin to New York Stewart as it will soon be called starts double daily next month.

For sure it’s seems to have been a bumpy start and maybe Primera can avoid that if not they will need very deep pockets indeed.

When do they start operations?
Very true, but like you, I also have some experience of the workings of the company/companies and personally it doesn't give me too much faith that they have the skills to turn things around. I'm not sure they even have acknowledged that something might not be right.

Personally, I don't think stating have many planes they have is much to shout about, it's not hard to borrow money and expand at all. The trick is being able to make money from it and keeping the costs under control.