Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 29th Sep 2019, 15:04
  #2341 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,985
Just tried to book a LCY-DUS flight for November and BE no longer bookable - another route gone? That would make DUS going down from five BE destinations (BHX, MAN, LBA, SOU, LCY) to just two.
virginblue is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 15:40
  #2342 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 174
Not so they have only just moved off the Newquay service which now goes to Heathrow the others yes that was years ago
Apologies, I had forgotten Newquay.

It does look like LCY-DUS has also gone. This is turning into a fairly major network change.
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 16:47
  #2343 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 159
Not a problem Albert
chaps1954 is online now  
Old 29th Sep 2019, 16:48
  #2344 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: uk
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Albert Hall View Post

It does look like LCY-DUS has also gone. This is turning into a fairly major network change.
It would appear that the LCY - DUS route has been CXLD from 23 October. They just contacted me about my booking on 8 November and offered to rebook me on to the BA flight departing 15 minutes earlier. To be honest I'd have been on the BA flight anyway if it hadn't been far more expensive at the time I booked.

A shame the route has gone. Loads always seemed reasonable. The flights were usually within 15 minutes of the BA flight on the same route and I can't help but wonder if they would have done better flying at different times, or flying to CGN instead which I hear is a cheaper airport to operate from.
ptr120 is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2019, 00:19
  #2345 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny spain
Posts: 737
ATR

Anyone know what plans Flybe have for the 5 ATRs that operate for SAS?
BHD2BFS is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2019, 06:06
  #2346 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by ptr120 View Post
It would appear that the LCY - DUS route has been CXLD from 23 October. They just contacted me about my booking on 8 November and offered to rebook me on to the BA flight departing 15 minutes earlier. To be honest I'd have been on the BA flight anyway if it hadn't been far more expensive at the time I booked.

A shame the route has gone. Loads always seemed reasonable. The flights were usually within 15 minutes of the BA flight on the same route and I can't help but wonder if they would have done better flying at different times, or flying to CGN instead which I hear is a cheaper airport to operate from.
You were lucky to be contacted in my experience. I was booked on the TLS-MAN flight on 31st October and received no communication about the cancelled flight. A colleague of mine was trying to add luggage to her booking on the same flight via the app and it informed her of the cancellation. I assume we would have eventually been informed but i thought we would have been contacted earlier. I asked for a refund, didn't think I could be re-routed, so I booked a flight via AMS for £92 instead of the initial £72 I paid with Flybe.
Matty Rich 83 is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2019, 08:11
  #2347 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 1,864
Anyone know what plans Flybe have for the 5 ATRs that operate for SAS?
The first one G-FBXE has been transferred to Stobart as EI-GPO. As they are taking over the IOM route I would imagine that would be the reason.
ETOPS is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 17:27
  #2348 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BHX
Posts: 276
Hear flybe 15 buying A 220 aircraft .....
Brigantee is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 17:56
  #2349 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Manchester
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by Brigantee View Post
Hear flybe 15 buying A 220 aircraft .....
This rumour as been going round for around 12 months now, but with no official confirmation...
EZYMAN is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 18:52
  #2350 (permalink)  
MDS
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spain
Posts: 45
Where's the logic in that? They finally shed their unprofitable 195's and celebrate by loading up on another order of oversized jets (for their apparent needs, anyway).
If the deal goes ahead I wonder if there's a kickback involved (a la Jim French style)

Bring back the 737's I say

MDS is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 19:07
  #2351 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by MDS View Post
Where's the logic in that? They finally shed their unprofitable 195's and celebrate by loading up on another order of oversized jets (for their apparent needs, anyway).
If the deal goes ahead I wonder if there's a kickback involved (a la Jim French style)

Bring back the 737's I say

Only thing they could be for hub operations at LHR and MAN on behalf of Virgin
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 19:36
  #2352 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BHX
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
Only thing they could be for hub operations at LHR and MAN on behalf of Virgin

Press release next Tuesday apparently about the order
Brigantee is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 19:48
  #2353 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 742
Have they decided on the new brand (or even if there is to be a new brand) yet? They seem to be dragging their heels...
jensdad is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 20:04
  #2354 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by jensdad View Post
Have they decided on the new brand (or even if there is to be a new brand) yet? They seem to be dragging their heels...
maybe announced with the new order?
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 20:24
  #2355 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 54
Posts: 815
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
maybe announced with the new order?
And a summer schedule?
Curious Pax is online now  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 22:08
  #2356 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,553
Adding new aircraft at this early stage seems feels premature. The additional complexity and operational cost would seem at odds with operating a streamlined model. Be great to see the A220 join, but that would mean 4 types; 175, 220, Q400's and ATR.

I'd have thought consolidate what you have, rationalise the marginal routes and align the operation to Virgin's hubs as stated, then when profitability is achieved then look at the fleet equation?
EI-BUD is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 23:09
  #2357 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW England
Posts: 13
Manchester to Glasgow

Is MAN to GLA another Flybe route ending on 26 October?
Doesn't seem to be loaded thereafter, but I can't recollect having seen any announcement re this sector?
northsands is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2019, 23:31
  #2358 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 742
Originally Posted by EI-BUD View Post
...that would mean 4 types; 175, 220, Q400's and ATR.
To be fair, the ATR's are owned by Blue Islands and Stobart. They also have Jetstream 41's and Saab 2000's if you include franchisees. Fair point about fleet complexity, though.
jensdad is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2019, 00:48
  #2359 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yorkshire
Age: 54
Posts: 68
Am I missing something? Any talk of new aircraft is surely for 2 years time delivery..... Q400ís and E175 in meantime, with reduced capacity and withdrawals from existing bases. Nowt really to shout about.
G-FORZ is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2019, 04:11
  #2360 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 865
Originally Posted by EI-BUD View Post
Adding new aircraft at this early stage seems feels premature. The additional complexity and operational cost would seem at odds with operating a streamlined model. Be great to see the A220 join, but that would mean 4 types; 175, 220, Q400's and ATR.

I'd have thought consolidate what you have, rationalise the marginal routes and align the operation to Virgin's hubs as stated, then when profitability is achieved then look at the fleet equation?
Any order I'd have thought would be for at least 2 to 3 years time at the earliest.
PDXCWL45 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.