Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Birmingham-7

Old 4th Dec 2019, 17:28
  #1161 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 872
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Latest additions - as per the Jet2 thread new once weekly Santorini plus a 4th Corfu and 6th Heraklion.
And now LISBON has been added from BHX and MAN according to drop down destination list on website. Reportedly twice weekly Mon and Fri mid April to end of June and from mid-Sept to end of Oct.

This makes a grand total of 50 Jet2 destinations served from BHX in 2020....will there be any more?!
GayFriendly is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 22:43
  #1162 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 167
Originally Posted by GayFriendly View Post
And now LISBON has been added from BHX and MAN according to drop down destination list on website. Reportedly twice weekly Mon and Fri mid April to end of June and from mid-Sept to end of Oct.

This makes a grand total of 50 Jet2 destinations served from BHX in 2020....will there be any more?!
They've come a long way in a short time at BHX. Well done LS.
sinbad73 is online now  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 21:39
  #1163 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford
Posts: 426
TUI Winter 20

Reportedly Goa re-instated and Punta Cana going back to year round. Nothing bookable as yet so as ever with TUI a case of watch this space.
chinapattern is offline  
Old 6th Dec 2019, 17:37
  #1164 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 872
I've read elsewhere that PUJ is indeed available next winter but GOI isnt, the press release in true TUI style released before booking systems fully updated! But you never know, GOI has always been.a popular route on the occasions it has operated!
GayFriendly is offline  
Old 6th Dec 2019, 23:27
  #1165 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by sinbad73 View Post
They've come a long way in a short time at BHX. Well done LS.
I suspect Birmingham will be come Jet2s second biggest uk departure aiirport in 2021. With added based airframes and more destinations far our stripping the forecast of Stansted and better than Leeds.
Garstag is offline  
Old 8th Dec 2019, 14:02
  #1166 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: W. Midlands
Posts: 331
TUI / Flybe

Summer 2020

The two Flybe charter flights on Saturday to Salzburg have now been combined onto one TUI B738, one of the two morning Ibiza flights have been dropped to accommodate Salzburg

07:00 / 12:05 TOM7680/7681


The Ionian Island Holidays charters on Flybe to Kefalonia and Preveza have been dropped


The only surviving Flybe charter is to Innsbruck on Saturday
jon01 is offline  
Old 9th Dec 2019, 23:39
  #1167 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 58
CSA Summer 2020

CSA Czech Airways, won't be returning to Birmingham this summer, citing 737 Max delayed deliveries as the reason why, airline has 7 grounded Max's and 32 on order still...

another airline to remove of the serving list, maybe Jet 2 will pick up the slack again?
Matt995 is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 23:08
  #1168 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 55
Posts: 3,130
TUI Long-haul

Originally Posted by GayFriendly View Post
I've read elsewhere that PUJ is indeed available next winter but GOI isnt, the press release in true TUI style released before booking systems fully updated! But you never know, GOI has always been.a popular route on the occasions it has operated!
Goa now bookable Wednesday next winter

Punta Cana looks a bit more like spin as yes more seats but you still can't book it for nearly 4 out the 6 months but when you can it is twice weekly.

The timings of the Monday Dubai World Central and Wednesday LWK & UTP really means the second 787 is operating every weekday.

Now for the even better news....Cancun increased to up to 3 a week summer 2020 making the second 787 based for 2 days. Wednesday has been added and this results in an increase in seats after the initial strange decrease as the Monday service disappears for 6 weeks as the aircraft heads north. No such luck for Montego Bay which also halves for 6 weeks.

Qatar A359 started today for its brief pre Christmas run.

Ionian Holidays are offering EFL PVK on the Manchester Jet2 but not using BHX's new service which is a shame.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 13th Dec 2019, 12:30
  #1169 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford
Posts: 426
Aegean

Resuming Athens x2 weekly from June 2nd.
chinapattern is offline  
Old 13th Dec 2019, 21:47
  #1170 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 872
Aegean & TUI

Great news about Aegean and a very welcome return despite the night hour schedule. They offer some great connections to some of the lesser known Greek Islands or, as I did, it's easy to stopover in ATH before heading out from Pireaus on the ferries.

Also very pleased to see Goa back, it's a fantastic, if touristy, winter beach destination and it's easy to fly onwards from Goa to Mumbai and Delhi to see 'classic' India, depending of course on the seat only prices...

In other news, I have it on very reliable authority that work starts very soon to re-brand the entire Flybe check in area ias Virgin Connect and that they are committed to BHX. However, the long term route strategy from BHX is still a work in progress, but new routes are not out of the question althoughh no major changes in based units planned for the foreseeable
GayFriendly is offline  
Old 16th Dec 2019, 19:11
  #1171 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 58
Posts: 692
Easyjet EDI now on sale !
BHX5DME is online now  
Old 16th Dec 2019, 19:13
  #1172 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by BHX5DME View Post
Easyjet EDI now on sale !
Great news!
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2019, 20:53
  #1173 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 55
Posts: 3,130
Flybe/FR/November pax

Originally Posted by GayFriendly View Post
Great news about Aegean and a very welcome return despite the night hour schedule. They offer some great connections to some of the lesser known Greek Islands or, as I did, it's easy to stopover in ATH before heading out from Pireaus on the ferries.

Also very pleased to see Goa back, it's a fantastic, if touristy, winter beach destination and it's easy to fly onwards from Goa to Mumbai and Delhi to see 'classic' India, depending of course on the seat only prices...

In other news, I have it on very reliable authority that work starts very soon to re-brand the entire Flybe check in area ias Virgin Connect and that they are committed to BHX. However, the long term route strategy from BHX is still a work in progress, but new routes are not out of the question althoughh no major changes in based units planned for the foreseeable
Hi GF - Do you know what is the issue with DUS not going on sale for summer as I believe it isn't dropped and again has there been any word on whether there has been any interest in their CDG and AMS slots? I know the obvious answer to the latter is no, as they have put both of sale albeit Amsterdam reduced to 4 daily. I was wondering whether BHX has been given so many based units for summer 2020 but the DUS doesn't fit?

November

Not often you say excellent figures when down but below 2% 810622 in 2019 compared with 824531 in 2018. At first I couldn't see 800K so overall very good with QR, EK, PK and AI all up.

Ryanair

Girona back on sale from July Monday, Wednesday based and Friday away based. Not sure what the based flights have replaced but suspect it is a route where there is an away base.

Merry Christmas all

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2019, 23:34
  #1174 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 9
Air Arabia

Does anyone know why Air Arabia has quietly dropped out BhX from October 2019?
also how Many total aircraft with Jet 2 will be based at Bhx during peak summer2020?
Loui is offline  
Old 25th Dec 2019, 13:27
  #1175 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
Does anyone know why Air Arabia has quietly dropped out BhX from October 2019?
also how Many total aircraft with Jet 2 will be based at Bhx during peak summer2020?
Closed their Agadir base flights also terminated to Manchester and Gatwick
Rutan16 is offline  
Old 26th Dec 2019, 00:07
  #1176 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
Does anyone know why Air Arabia has quietly dropped out BhX from October 2019?
also how Many total aircraft with Jet 2 will be based at Bhx during peak summer2020?
Jet 2 should be basing at least 13 aircraft, some days 14 are needed, of which 4 will be A321's
Matt995 is offline  
Old 26th Dec 2019, 10:23
  #1177 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the flight path
Posts: 2,179
Jet 2 should be basing at least 13 aircraft, some days 14 are needed, of which 4 will be A321's
How does that compare to the lost based fleets of Monarch and TC?
LGS6753 is offline  
Old 26th Dec 2019, 13:49
  #1178 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 55
Posts: 3,130
ZB/MT/LS/FR/TOM

Originally Posted by LGS6753 View Post
How does that compare to the lost based fleets of Monarch and TC?
Matt might have a more accurate response but Monarch I believed peaked at 10 but that if correct was peak season only with the 10th operating afternoons only (could have been 9). That was a either a 6/3 or 7/3 mix favouring the A321.

Thomas Cook is easy and it was never more than 4 based - 3 x A321 and 1 x A320 but summer 18 saw 6 or 7 away based flights and 2019 none. Therefore the peak for seats was summer2018 if my memory serves me correctly.

However TUI was only 7 short-haul based in 2018, 8 in 2019 and will be nine in 2020 aircraft willing (11 in total on two days with the 787).

Jet2 of course operated 4 based in the year Monarch went out of business.

2017 could have seen 10 Monarch 8 TUI 4 FR, 4 Jet2 and 13 Flybe and 2020 could be 14 Jet2 10 TUI, 4 FR, 8 Flybe - 36. Plenty of room at the Inn as they say.

Ryanair still is equivalent of around 7 based with the away based flying so very similar, easyjet of course are way up with the addition of Glasgow and Edinburgh, Wizz is up, Blue Air down, Aegean to come back but Czezh and Air Arabia have ceased.

As Matt has stated Jet2 could quite easily become 13 as there are a lot of gaps in the schedule but some frequencies are down no doubt due to the addition of the A321.

Some minor increases are expected but of course depending on post Christmas bookings it could also go the other way.

This winter the majority of the Thomas Cook schedule has been replaced by Jet2 or to a lesser extent TUI and Enter Air. What has not been replaced is the severe Flybe cuts and there is more to come from January.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 26th Dec 2019, 16:51
  #1179 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the flight path
Posts: 2,179
Pete,

Thanks for your most comprehensive reply.

LGS
LGS6753 is offline  
Old 27th Dec 2019, 01:58
  #1180 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Matt might have a more accurate response but Monarch I believed peaked at 10 but that if correct was peak season only with the 10th operating afternoons only (could have been 9). That was a either a 6/3 or 7/3 mix favouring the A321.

Pete
indeed Pete, 2017 saw the largerest Monarch base with 10 aircraft based peak season, 1 x 738, 2 x 320, and 7 321's and Thomas Cook had 4 aircraft, 1 x 320, 3 x 321, while Jet 2 had only started operations, with a base of 4 738's, TUI had 7 aircraft, 1 x 788, 3 x 757, 3 x 738, so total aircraft based in the record breaking summer 2017 was 25.

With Jet 2 having 13 or 14 aircraft, and TUI 10 aircraft provisionally for 2020, capacity will still be slightly down on 2017 levels at present, just hope the 738 Max issues dont effect TUI too much, always still possible that they might have to reduce the base due to lack of aircraft. Should know more I guess in the coming months!

Matt995 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.