Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2 4

Old 2nd Jun 2017, 16:34
  #3881 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: essex
Posts: 555
NEW YORK

148 EACH WAY.....NOT A BAD PRICE
mikkie4 is online now  
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 16:55
  #3882 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,315
Anyone know when G-DRTB B738 will enter service?
BFS BHD is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 17:26
  #3883 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 218
All being well due to leave Shannon 14th June
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 17:28
  #3884 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,315
Cheers!
BFS BHD is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 19:26
  #3885 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: All over the place
Posts: 334
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
Looks like the A330 being used on some of the New York winter flights. Can see it operating STN-EWR in the system at the minute.
Will they be changing the seating plan online when trying to book? The current one is different to GL (toilet locations, etc).
Off Stand is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 19:38
  #3886 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Posts: 2,962
Is it a Titan B767 for the NYC flights, the aircraft is STN based after all and ZT do a bit of work for Jet2.
LAX_LHR is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2017, 00:01
  #3887 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR View Post
Is it a Titan B767 for the NYC flights, the aircraft is STN based after all and ZT do a bit of work for Jet2.
Seating is 2/4/2 so looks like it could be the air tanker A330.
BAladdy is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2017, 10:19
  #3888 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: All over the place
Posts: 334
Originally Posted by BAladdy View Post
Seating is 2/4/2 so looks like it could be the air tanker A330.
As I have said before though, the toilets are placed incorrectly on the seat map (toilets are at doors 1, 2 and 3 on the AT 330). Either the map needs changing, or it is another a/c.
Off Stand is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2017, 21:02
  #3889 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Teesside
Posts: 193
Rotation

I know most airlines rotate their aircraft around the bases several times during the season, but I am wondering if Jet2 do things differently? The reason for the question is they have had the same 4 738s running NCL flights now for what appears to be weeks. Is this normal for Jet2?

G-GDFP/R/W and DRTA.
P330 is online now  
Old 8th Jun 2017, 21:26
  #3890 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LEEDS
Posts: 793
My guess is that, subject to planned maintenance such as service checks and scribe line inspections, the based fleet for any given base airport will not alter significantly, if at all.
When these maintenance checks are required, aircraft will 'tail swap' down route so the aircraft in question can spend a few days at Leeds or Manchester for a hangar input. For example, G-GDFT came into Leeds yesterday for the first time in weeks for attention in the hangar.
Mooncrest is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2017, 03:38
  #3891 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LEEDS
Posts: 793
Yes. 733 tail swaps still going on down route.
Mooncrest is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2017, 16:44
  #3892 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 49
Posts: 956
Seems to confirm A330
Jet2.com adds London ? Newark route in 4Q17 :: Routesonline
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2017, 19:06
  #3893 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by VickersVicount View Post
Seems to confirm A330
[urla=http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/273287/jet2com-adds-london-newark-route-in-4q17/]Jet2.com adds London ? Newark route in 4Q17 :: Routesonline[/url]
Thats going to upset the 75 prima donnas!
Ivan aromer is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2017, 00:13
  #3894 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Behind you all the way!
Posts: 359
Me neither, Ivan aromer!

I did Long Haul for 13 years. I'm happy for a lie-in followed by an early afternoon saunter down the M6 to go flying & back home on a deserted motorway just after midnight.

Who wants to do NYC in Winter...???
DADDY-OH! is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2017, 21:18
  #3895 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 151
Don't believe I've seen it mentioned yet, Apologies if it has, just going the motions of booking next year's summer holiday and noticed that the A330 looks to be back for Summer 18. In my case, it's operating to Arrecife again on Thursdays and Sundays. I'd imagine the rest is pretty similar to this summer.
bjones4 is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 13:09
  #3896 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 249
2018 pricing

The flights to GRO from BHX next June are 50% higher than what I paid this year -the launch prices from BHX were obviously a loss leader/taster.
however
Great flights/new aircraft/decent f&b service/efficient and friendly check-in staff and FA's
so
as long as they stay reasonably competitive against FR they will have my business.
SS
ssflyer is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 20:57
  #3897 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 59
Posts: 684
Bjones4
Just came up from Palma pm today with Jet2 on A330 to MAN and have to say the flight crew were very good at keeping passengers informed (we had a delay when boarded due to incorrect bag on board, which had to be off loaded obviously, which took approximately 50min). Flight deck invited kids and parents to come up while bags off loaded to see FD which I thought was a nice touch, and was a credit to them. Also crew were very good at keeping passengers informed re delay and during cruise. I was quite surprised at altitude flown both on outbound and return with both being over 40,000 ft which is higher than we have normally flown on that route, and indeed even on other routes world wide.


AC was full on both sectors and Air Tankers FD and Jet 2 cabin crew performed very well in our opinion, and we would use again. Cabin crew said they preferred A330 to 737/767 due to better PAX / CREW ratio and space.


A quick note re Palma (as holiday season coming) and immigration as we had issues on outbound leg as it took nearly an hour to get through passport control, and we were told there is a work to rule going on which is causing delays. One other point and I am not a regular user of Palma, but why is the airport so damned hot ! It was 29c inside with 58% humidity today, which to me as a seasoned world wide traveller, seems poor in comparison with other large airports in more tropical zones eg SIN / INH. Would strongly suggest they improve A/C as it did not leave a good impression today.


Anyway would recommend the Jet 2 / Air Tanker partnership in my limited experience, and would use again on that route or short hops that Jet 2 do with it. Only shame was that trip was a bit of a waste as boat that we went to see was not up to snuff, but never mind .


Regards
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is online now  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 21:12
  #3898 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warrington
Age: 69
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by Mr Mac View Post
Bjones4
Just came up from Palma pm today with Jet2 on A330 to MAN and have to say the flight crew were very good at keeping passengers informed (we had a delay when boarded due to incorrect bag on board, which had to be off loaded obviously, which took approximately 50min). Flight deck invited kids and parents to come up while bags off loaded to see FD which I thought was a nice touch, and was a credit to them. Also crew were very good at keeping passengers informed re delay and during cruise. I was quite surprised at altitude flown both on outbound and return with both being over 40,000 ft which is higher than we have normally flown on that route, and indeed even on other routes world wide.


AC was full on both sectors and Air Tankers FD and Jet 2 cabin crew performed very well in our opinion, and we would use again. Cabin crew said they preferred A330 to 737/767 due to better PAX / CREW ratio and space.


A quick note re Palma (as holiday season coming) and immigration as we had issues on outbound leg as it took nearly an hour to get through passport control, and we were told there is a work to rule going on which is causing delays. One other point and I am not a regular user of Palma, but why is the airport so damned hot ! It was 29c inside with 58% humidity today, which to me as a seasoned world wide traveller, seems poor in comparison with other large airports in more tropical zones eg SIN / INH. Would strongly suggest they improve A/C as it did not leave a good impression today.


Anyway would recommend the Jet 2 / Air Tanker partnership in my limited experience, and would use again on that route or short hops that Jet 2 do with it. Only shame was that trip was a bit of a waste as boat that we went to see was not up to snuff, but never mind .


Regards
Mr Mac
Nice report Mr Mac, thanks.

Maybe the wee boat sailing from Rosyth today might have been more suitable? 😎😎
Sholto Douglas is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2017, 22:20
  #3899 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 2,192
I was quite surprised at altitude flown both on outbound and return with both being over 40,000 ft which is higher than we have normally flown on that route, and indeed even on other routes world wide.
This is a long-haul aircraft on a comparatively short sector, so it'll be quite light (unless tankering) and able to cruise high which reduces fuel burn and might enable direct routings.
Wycombe is offline  
Old 27th Jun 2017, 06:36
  #3900 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 463
Originally Posted by Sholto Douglas View Post
Nice report Mr Mac, thanks.

Maybe the wee boat sailing from Rosyth today might have been more suitable? 😎😎
Careful ! The fishheads are a bit touchy about calling their ships 'boats' ! (unless it's one of those submarine things)
NRU74 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.