PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A bleak future for Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2003, 13:58
Croozin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bleak future for Aviation?

Danny, in case you think this thread is inappropriate for a Rumours and News forum, I agree it doesn’t constitute a ‘rumour’, but for so-called professional aviators, the subject it refers to should be in bright red banner sized headlines, and if that isn’t ‘news’, I don’t know what is.

After reading the ‘Joining Qatar Airways as an FO’ thread (see here) on the Middle East forum regarding pilots offering to pay for their endorsements to get a job, I’m really disturbed at the lack of response to this thought-provoking post from Wiley on the Aircrew Notices forum. Compare it with the response to the same post here on the D & G forum.

Could it be that not very many people read the Aircrew Notices forum, or do most people not really care? If you haven’t seen Wiley’s post, do yourself a favour and take a look at it and make your thoughts known, whichever side of the argument you’re on.

IMHO, if you’re one of the ‘pragmatists’ God help this industry… and I’m off to buy shares in a blue singlet factory.