PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR preparation for the Borghetti replacement underway
Old 20th Apr 2017, 09:52
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by The name is Porter
What in God's name has that got to do with the 'Nanny State?'

Yet again, nothing to do with the 'Nanny State'

Yet again, nothing to do with the 'Nanny State'

Santa Barbara doesn't mean I'm from the States, I'm an Australian (an embarrassed one).

Your previous load of tripe regarding the police state is absolute garbage. I've never experienced the rubbish you try and pass off as a police state, law enforcement in the States is a breath of fresh air compared to the brainwashed garbage we put up with here.
Well, if you go around putting your location as the United States, what do you expect??? People to think you live in Swaziland???

Secondly - quote - "...or you just love your nanny state existence." which was obviously a reference to the fact that since my location is Australia, it was a crack about it.

The definition of 'nanny State' (which originated in Britain btw) is a State that is overprotective of it's population, providing things like universal health care.

Then you say it's "...nothing to do with nanny State" so what did you write it for???

Yeh, I'm embarrassed too, embarrassed for the same reasons as you but in reverse. Part of my family is from the United States, you wouldn't know that because you obviously assume things and I don't personally care what your experience is, I was talking about mine and mine is that many American law enforcement are overbearing and trigger happy and the sort of attitude that that imbues is precisely what led to the treatment of Dr Dao.

You claim to be an embarrassed Australian, well, if you are in the US (and not Santa Barbara in QLD), it's a pity your concern for Australia doesn't actually extend to living here. If you do live here, so what, everyone has different experiences and just because yours doesn't accord with others, doesn't mean we all have to agree with you.

Last edited by AerialPerspective; 20th Apr 2017 at 09:54. Reason: sp