PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Nov 2012, 05:43
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Qataris can someone inform me, if there is a full course from 340 to 330, or a CCQ, and what the bond is in both cases......(dec)
Waiting a year now to join, but already in a well payed job, brings me in a difficult position.....to decide to join and leave my job, or stay here, and leave QR.
!!!!STAY IN YOUR CURRENT JOB!!!!
If your bored, find a new hobby to do! Do not come to QR. When you get here, after the initial thrill of somewhere different wears off and you look at all the ****ty service and the ****ty office staff who cant get there act together or even help you (not all of them, just most of them) you will say to yourself "what the have I done"!
You have been warned.
Go to Emirates before you come to QR, you certainly wont regret that.

Could you give us any details about this new FTSO bond please ? Which are the changes ?
There is alot of info on this thread so a search can be really effective.
I answered that in basic detail here.
but also a thread on the subject here as well: http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/48...w-joiners.html
Basically its like this:
$75,000 over 5 years.
$25,000 taken out in payments from day you join; approx 4000Riyal p/m.(not refundable);
Then, once your lucky enough to start line training they will start to take out the other $50,000 over the 5years. (approx another 3 - 4k QR p/m)
NOTE: LINE TRAINING MEANS JUST ONE FLIGHT, CURRENTLY TAKING OVER 13MONTHS TO TRAIN FTSO'S AND CLOSE TO 18MONTHS FOR SO'S. (25k given back after 5 years! no interest etc)
This means that your living off the following:
FTSO/SO basic salary: 9000QR
transport: 1000QR
Total of 10,000QR BEFORE bond payments come out!
IGNORE THE HOUSING ALLOWANCE as you will use all of it to even get a ****ty studio room with no kitchen; unless you live with at least 3 other people and get a 3Br unit.... housing is WAY overpriced and market is manipulated in doha.

THIS MEANS you will be living of not much while you waste your life sitting around waiting for any training scraps they through at the odd 100+ SO's waiting. Dont worry, its ok if your Qatari, you live on a wage thats similar to an FO and get treated like royalty in the rosters, while anyone else is forced to eat ****e
Enjoy that...... NOT.

Oh my,

yes there is a hard time in the economy now.
HOWEVER, it is always "hard" in aviation..... why dont you low time pilots actually go and do some work in G.A if you can get it, instead of just thinking that the "industry" owes you a jet job!

My lord, I would have never thought that I could walk out of flight school and get a Jet rating and get a job! YOU HAVE TO BUST YOUR BUTT and work for ****ty employers, or doing freight runs in piston aircraft, instructing or even other airwork like parachute dropping etc.

Also, you have to move around.... i.e RELOCATE! Do it! stop whinging and stop making the qatar airways your golden goose egg. Its just a job. A job thats nice, sure, but it always has a cost that you wannabe's dont or cant see.

Airline flying is not like "fun" learning to fly stuff.... yes yes you know that.... yes yes, i know, some of you are have family etc I know. Its hard, BELIEVE ME i know!

Some other posters have hit the home truths in this forum and all I see is posts straight after them completely ignoring the expirence they gave and the fact that they are telling you that its a problem with HR/Recruitment/Training and you all still rub your hands together saying 'still swimming'..... read between the lines, it aint gonna happen quick for most of you!

You think that waiting 12 months is horrible, man, thousands of pilots where I come from wait years to get into a jet. Maybe its just a europe thing to expect a jet straight outa school or with small hours built up? Either way, just go and find the piston experience first and then keep climbing the ladder. The experience you obtain from doing it that way (YES EVEN WHILE YOU WAIT FOR THE GOLDEN GOOSE) may provide you with more confidence and options than you can see right now.

Pilots accept reality, not make believe;
The proof is in the amount of communication QR gives you, the ease of speaking to somebody, the ease of a returned email? I WILL TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, LESS THAN A FEW PERCENT OF PEOPLE EVER GET A REPLY or returned phone call.
Most of you will just be ignored. That really does tell you something about your status.

...... my 2 cents.... and believe me i know.

Good luck.
@ j_j
+100
Couldnt have said it better myself!!
Dont give up any opportunity if they come up before QR!!!!
I think this is to give you guys a shot in the arm, to get you moving and take action; dont sit around wasting your time waiting for QR. If it happens, it happens, if not keep your eyes open for other opportunities!

keep smiling,
D.

Last edited by disagreeable; 27th Nov 2012 at 08:02.