PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 26th Jan 2011, 18:06
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve just had a most interesting conversation with my partner, WW PSR, about Litebulb’s post on the SLF thread @ http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf...ml#post6203409

His post entitled “What is a union?”

I think it may be of benefit to others, perhaps those that find themselves in conversation with fellow CC trying to explain why they have left BASSA.

“Everyone who works has some understanding of what business is. But who knows what a union is today? I have suggested it is no more than a service provider and I have been slapped down for that, because that opinion does not fit the political agenda of the more left leaning membership. They believe that it is still a movement to protect the working man against the filthy rich.”
“A service provider” That’s what your union is, no question in my mind.

Imagine that you had employed a solicitor to represent you in all this, as an individual.
Your solicitor, without asking you, told you to strike for 12 days over Christmas. Then he refused to attend meetings with your employer, he further refused to view relevant documents, BA’s finances.
Your solicitor gave you incorrect advice “you can’t be sacked for striking”. He lied to you “aircraft parked in Wales and doing circuits around LHR.”
Later, on receiving an offer from your employer, he rejected it on your behalf without asking you if thats what you wanted.

Would you be happy with that service? Would you consider changing solicitors?

I would.

My partner is reading the PCCC web site as I type this, I think they have a new member.