PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balpa to challenge ID cards
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 08:53
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The link you provided goes to a webpage of endless waffle. [....]
a) There was a time (I like to think anyway) when people trying to form an opinion about something would actually take the trouble to inform themselves sufficiently, even if it meant some reading effort.

b) Many if not most of the people who have followed the privacy debate in the UK in the last three years would be familiar with David Méry's writings on the subject and this story in particular (which is what prompted his subsequent interest in the subject).

Please specify which section supports your point.
c) I believe you should be able to answer your own question with only a quick peruse of the above link, as well as perhaps clarifying in your mind what "my point" is when I try to suggest to Maggot (if he can't spell his own handle it's his problem) that there might be a slight problem with this incredibly naïve "nothing to hide" argument.

As already pointed out, why does he and practically everyone else of us posts under an alias, even though I would hazard the majority of us don't have "anything to hide" in particular.

d) Just to make it clear, I am not having a go at anyone here, but as in any debate, I expect to hear informed opinions and not parroting whatever headlines your newspaper publishes, or whatever you think might be going on based on your own prejudices, which is why I fully concur with 289.6kPa's sentiment in the opening paragraph of his previous post.

e) I apologise for the ordered list format of this post. Residual brain damage from those management courses years ago.