PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to get into contact with HOR's at various airlines
Old 9th Feb 2009, 20:35
dwshimoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afraz...

Welcome back!

Unfortunately, as G-SXTY points out, HOR's as you call them are just too busy. I know a Chief Pilot who get's anything up to 300 emails [I]a day[I] from hopefuls and wanabees. I doubt that any of them are going to spare a single second to not even look at your CV, but offer training advice to someone yet to set out on the path...

If I were you I would look to things like the various shows held during the year - I can't remember the exact titles but I think Flyer used to do one, and I think there is another bigger one also. Most of the big schools, but most importantly many of the airlines, send their people to these events, and they will happily talk to you about training. They are usually advertised on PPRuNe and in magazines like Loop, Flyer, Pilot, etc.

Just remeber though, any FTO information needs to be taken in context - there will be lots of good advice, but ultimately they are trying to sell you their product, and so expect at least a little bias.

Hopefully at some point Danny and the team at PPRuNe will hold another wannabees day - I certainly found it very, very helpful, and was much appreciative of all those that gave their time so freely.

Edited to say: just found this thread immediately below the current one(!):

Flyer Show 2009

Not been to one myself, but if you go in with your eyes open, and take the FTO's with a pinch of salt, then I imagine there is some useful stuff. The guys on this thread seem extraordinarily negative - possibly an axe to grind I think.

Last edited by dwshimoda; 9th Feb 2009 at 20:46.