PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unity
Thread: Unity
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2007, 06:09
Bug Smasher Smasher

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Vorsicht
Management pay is largely irrelevant, other than to prove that they dont really think the company is in financial difficulty.
Very true, and something to remember during EBA negotiations.

Originally Posted by BankAngle50
Perhaps though, we are entering a generational change where personal differences including the hurt of 89 might be put behind us and pilots of all persuasions might unite again to protect our grand old profession.
Hoo bloody ray! I understand how much ill-feeling and caution still lingers following the events of '89 but considering that there are now many of us in the industry who were in primary school (if even that) at the time and the way our profession appears to be heading I cannot support this move strongly enough.

I truly believe that as a result of a growing number of reasons, many discussed here, Australian operators (the spectrum, from GA to turboprop RPT, to long haul RPT) will soon be faced with a serious lack of qualified applicants. This can only be good for all of us and (cue stirring background music) if we can manage to stand as a united group of professionals I do think we can turn our fortunes around.

The formation of a joint Australian professional pilots' forum (as opposed to a rumour network) is certainly a step in the right direction. The sooner we can all speak openly amongst ourselves, regardless of our backgrounds, the better we'll all fare.

Count me in!

Last edited by Bug Smasher Smasher; 31st Jan 2007 at 06:22.