PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Aviation Pay Rates
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2006, 00:53
N2O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turboman
I am interested in the motivation of new pilots coming into an industry where they must spend at a bare minimum $40,000 of their own money on training to obtain a level of skill, discipline and responsibility, in my opinion, equivalent to a doctor, to then be payed at the current level. Comparing RFDS pilots pay to the doctor and flight nurse in the back I find simply astounding.
Originally Posted by N2O
I think very few in the "privateer" (non cadet/ military) training industry would tell someone that they lack "Right Stuff" to progress to an airline job. This poor sod represents cash flow for the aeroplane owner & training organisation as well as logbook experience for the instructor. He is to be milked for every penny (cynical I know).
The airlines seem to have a reasonable success rate with choosing their cadets, as do the miltary. Their selections systems could be implemented, by the privateer industry, but would they tell the truth?
Bottom line, its not in their financial interest to do so. Life would be so much easier for many if the harsh reality was faced before they spent dollar one.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Originally Posted by Pass-A-Frozo
Flying is more fun than cooking a schnitzel.
Schnitzel appears to pay the bills however! Life's not much fun without those being paid.