PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birth Certificates - RAF Brats born overseas
Old 15th Mar 2024, 16:46
Mogwi

Received 379 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by JSavage
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me..
I was born at the David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa, Malta on 08th July 1973..
My father E.J.J Sav**e was a seamen serving the The Crown Royal Navy and was commissioned on "The Rhyl" at that time of my birth. My mother M. Sav**e is Maltese..
I am finding some difficulties to get a British birth certificate.. I do not know who signed off my Birth at David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa on 08th July 1973.. In this instance my mum has given me an indication that the Cesarean section doctor who gave birth to me was Dr. Jackson at the time which i am assuming he registered and signed off the Royal Navy births at David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa, Malta back in 1973.. Is there anyone who can help me and maybe indicate where i can get and find this information as it is very important and I need get this Birth Certificate to pass it on to the Home Office.. Now, I currently need to get a copy of my birth certificate which I have made contact with the General Register Office (GRO) earlier today, but the GRO can't find any records of my birth at David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa, Malta.. I done some further digging and tried The UK National Archives and I`m not getting any positive feedback either who holds these birth records for overseas births and can provide me with a copy of the certificate.
Can anyone who`s experienced the same issues please help me..
Thanks
JSavage
Surgeon Commander Mike Jackson RN was my father-in-law. Small world!

Mog