PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxi Speeds
Thread: Taxi Speeds
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2023, 03:35
BunkPunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank W. Abagnale
Pilots who expect a change should be grateful that the company is at least 'honest'.

Other airlines pay 6 months profit share these days.
The best Cathay comes up with to stop the bleeding is to pay people rostered or flown BH, whichever is higher, well oh no, not right now, from October onwards, as a trial and maybe after the trial, perhaps, maybe or whatever.
At least they are persistent with their political spin, which won't make a difference in renumeration at all.
People are hitting 900 hrs already - with or without rostered or flown BH. It will be the same salary at the end.
Cathay and its accomplice the SCMP are spinning it as a pay rise, which it's not - you can't get paid more than for 900 hrs.
Furthermore they send new joiners to work at the airport for a while or to HKE to earn even less.

Well that will attract more applicants compared to 6 months profit share, won't it ?

This place will never change and with their latest announcements they are exactly telling you that.
Frank….. LOL CX and honesty in the same sentence….made me laugh mate! Your sarcasm is noted and I fully agree with all your points.

But in all seriousness- it’s all fun and games with high taxy speeds until some unfortunate hero smacks a wingtip or doesn’t hold short when they should have, and then we will see Ops A being brought out to smack the individuals during tea and biscuits. Don’t be silly chaps… taxy safely out there. There are other airlines that also taxi very slowly, I’ve noticed as a passenger (Qatar, Singapore and BA are prime examples). It’s unfair for anyone on here (management and otherwise) to point fingers only at CX crew.