PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Box Hill TAFE drops Aviation Diploma
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2020, 13:09
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And we thought the only flooding happening was around Brisbane and the East Coast today, turns out the flood gates are opening down in Moorabbin too!
... schadenfreude!
Originally Posted by Squawk7700 View Post
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...16-p53s7n.html

Just in...
$77,000 and no commercial licence

Poor kid. Such a waste of time and money for a 31 year old student who arguably would want to fast track her training at this point in her life.

I'm amazed by the fact that so many people are willing to pile up so much debt without doing their due diligence. That's especially true at Moorabbin where you have a dozen operators all doing the same thing. I'd expect students to have the awareness to wonder how training is done at other schools and inquire if they suspect something to be amiss with their own operator. This young woman signed up in 2017 which should have given her 2-3 years of time to spot red flags. Going by the many accounts that were given on Soar, I find it surprising that so many students stuck with it.

Soar Aviation still holds a certificate for CASR part 141 flight training, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority said. All flights recorded in a student's logbook remain valid and can be counted towards training elsewhere.
Hard to make sense of CASA's behaviour as a regulator here considering what happened to Glen Buckley's organisation while this Soar circus was allow to unfold in parallel.