PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukrainian Aircraft down in Iran
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2020, 13:07
Lonewolf_50

Received 424 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerHeavy
I'm curious, does anybody have access to the Iranian notams that were in effect for the day of this tragic incident?
It seems to me that the onus to operate into or out off Iranian airspace would be the operators responsibility.
As far as I can tell the aircraft in question was sat on the ground in IKA having arrived the previous evening. The crew operating the aircraft on flight PS752 IKA/KBP would or should have been made aware of the situation wrt the attack launched by Iran on the two bases in Iraq.I would be astounded if they hadn't been notified accordingly during their briefing.

So the question is who, given that the aircraft would potentially be flying through at the very least significantly dangerous airspace, approved the flight for operational release?

The operator has a duty not to knowingly endanger the passengers lives.
Your point on NOTAMS will hopefully be answered soon, and is an interesting question.
As for the rest, you are invited to read the thread before throwing out an opinion.
This post (because someone bothered to help us all by doing some research) and FR 24 show a case of "air ops as normal in Iran" - this operator (from the Ukraine) is hardly alone in simply going about their usual business.
potentially be flying through at the very least significantly dangerous airspace,
Sounds like a lawyer trying to create justification for a law suit. Ghoulish, at best.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 10th Jan 2020 at 13:19.