PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL help
Thread: ATPL help
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2018, 17:26
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patatas
From my experience, forget about Aviation Exam. I did a recent exam for UK CAA and from one of the subjects, none of the questions matched. From another 2 exams, I only did it because of my background experience, nothing to do with the Aviation Exam app.
They are expensive and the bank doesn’t reflect the official exams.
There are other much better options on the market, BGS for example...
Good luck!
A bank can only be as good as the feedback it receives (in the form of new questions). Regardless however, I sat my exams in Lithuania and can say without a doubt that aviationexam was my lifesaver. I would never have gotten the most strangest questions correct without having seen them already and been given the (if twisted) logic to them. I can also say for certain that the vast majority of my colleagues would back me up on that. I also know many other students sitting the exams under other European authorities and they also say the same about aviationexam. Also didn't think it was too expensive? .. certainly nothing compared to what i was paying to sit in class and learn a fraction of relevant stuff :-)

Both bgs and avexam have their merits. For short and sweet explanations it's BGS, however for decent explanations and if you want to use the bank to study a topic in itself then it's avexam with their in depth explanations.

I suppose it can depend either on the caa you're using and your personal luck of the draw in the exam.