PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - from EK .......DEC to RYR
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2018, 15:01
bigdaviet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midnight cruiser
You are likely to get a base close to where you want to be, and contrary to the duff information above, it's extremely unlikely to change against your will (unless it closes or dramatically downsizes).
I agree with most of your post but may I ask how long have you been at FR to make a comment like that?

There are plenty of examples of base closures and dramatic downsizing. And don’t forget Ryanair will conveniently ‘fall out’ with a base/government/agency just to suit downsizing they were always planning to do anyway. Glasgow base closes this autumn “due to Brexit” when actually they’re just short of crew.

Can you confirm that the Glasgow crews are all being helped to move to another convenient base of their choice (and/or other examples?) Because in my experience they would try to move you as far away/inconvenient as possible (deliberately just to be evil,) screw you with a new contract in the process and tell you to f*** off if you don’t like it. I personally know families that had their lives ruined by such actions. One example was an Irish guy who had to move his entire family from Shannon to Alicante because the base was going from 4 aircraft to 1. After a few months FR fell out with ALC airport because of airbridge/boarding issues. Base was cut from 11 to 2 and poor guy was left commuting from Charleroi to Alicante On effectively a 7/2 roster.