PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Studies
Thread: ATPL Studies
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 00:01
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin31
Well not long into my studies modular ATPL (A) studies and think I have made a mistake these are borderline impossible for someone who cant seem to remember anything.

Keep taking the progress test but barely getting over 50% most time its in the 40's. Read the material and heard it's not advised to keep re-reading so been watching the corresponding oxford videos on Youtube. Also trying Anki for flash cards and reviewing them daily but nothing seems to work.

I am starting to think that you need a bit more intelligence then I actually have to be able to do these exams? It scary as I'm only on the first part of GNAV and not into the hard stuff yet I bet.

Been reading books on learning and all saying about the testing effect and how its best form of learning but think it just makes me spiral down and down and doesn't seem to help. Books also suggest flashcards which I can see value in but you have to be consistent with them.

Also, how do people manage time? Do people do 2 or 3 hours or just space it out in smaller chunks?

Please can anyone offer any advise?
Smash the question bank then repeat the questions you got wrong 2 or 3 times. I used Bristol Groundschools online bank its amazing.

any subjects you have an interest in, or are still struggling with, do the material.

Oh, the crammers are very good, as funnily enough, people typically struggle with the same stuff.

Welcome to the great EASA ATPL(A) wax on wax off routine.

Ah thank you Mr Miagi!

Once you can catch flies with chopsticks, you will make a fine airline pilot young Jedi!

Promise you its worth all the pain in the end....