Noticed Vistajet is currently looking for F/Os for the Learjet 60s, 604s and 850s. Now I've read all the threads on Vista here, and I have to say I'm not very impressed...
My company has many of Vista's issues, maybe not quite as bad, but still. I have now applied to Vista with some reservations, we'll see what happens. I'm an F/O typed in the Lear 60/XR as well as the 604/605.
Does anyone hold any information on this latest hiring quest for FOs, as well as their payscale? Have things improved at Vista? Noticed the last badmouthing thread on the company was months old
Appears to have made a big turn-around. Dish-washing in he bog is gone, as are some of the other practices menioned in previous threads.
V organised when you join, all docs, ID, logins, cc and uniform sorted from 1st week, and good comms wih new joiners. Their documentation and precedures seem up to scratch with what you'd expect to find in a medium-sized airline.
Management team seem like they know where they want to go with the project - but that could all be more $h.. than shinola....
So far fairly impressed, but again, against a background of those previous posts. However, does not seem to be the kind of outfit that takes people onboard if they are no comitted to the "cause", so if you have doubts, i's probably beter to stay clear...
Heard they are hiring for the hong kong base on the C850 , 80 k per month plus 20 k housing, 6 weeks on, 2 off , business class tickets for commute.
Interesting. Comparing yours with some recent notes and info on the www, I take that would be a VERY bitter pill to swallow for the others left on 17/13, lower salaries, no housing and eco-class when positioning. Are you sure it's the same company we are talking about?
... because I cannot form an opinion about any company based on a few bitter ex-employees without knowing the cause for their leaving or dismissal? In this business especially, you hear wild rumours every single day, and you can never know whether they're for real.
I'm simply looking for some valid information from pilots or others who KNOW what is happening there right now. And I would really appreciate any such information, thank you!
Is hiring F.O for CL850/605, Lear 60, starting on 39K, 6 months later 43k Lear, 45k CL850, 47K BD700 and all get 2% increase per annum.
I spoke to an Italian pilot flying in Europe now recently got interviewed said they are doing the 17/13 roster, leave taken out of your 13 days of, choice of 28 bases in EU
Currently have approx 30 aircraft and will have 60 plus aircraft by 2015. All travel for positioning is economy class, no 5 star hotels and Im not sure what he said about per diems, cant say whether they pay them or not.
There is a South African flight ops manager who gives you a presentation, then technical, SIM, followed by face to face interview lasting approximately 45 minutes to an hour which includes more technical questions and basically ask what you are looking for as well as some HR questions and scenarios with infighting crew, illegal operations, CRM, MCC... YOU GET THE POINT!!
Apparently quite a nice bunch of people basically interview and assess you.
Luggage.....funny u mention illegal operations, Vistajet opeartions are totally illegal in Hong Kong, ie doing charters out of HK into China/Taiwan/Thailand to name a few. They are lucky the HK CAD is too overworked.
illegal operations Luggage.....funny u mention illegal operations, Vistajet opeartions are totally illegal in Hong Kong, ie doing charters out of HK into China/Taiwan/Thailand to name a few. They are lucky the HK CAD is too overworked.
what do you mean with illegal. I believe they are established in HK for some time now so should have what's needed to perform legally. I thought they were doing some flights with low hour captains but these are just rumours.
is hiring from type and non type rated. Pilot I spoke to said nobody was type rated when he was interviewed very recently except one guy and he was going for DEC.
I have a feeling they are more interested in whether you 'fit in' so to speak as corporate and those rotations of 17/13 differ greatly to airlines and as a 3 man crew on the road, you need to gel well.
Looking to double the fleet over the next 3 to 4 years, so keep applying. Good luck
Hey guys, you are talking about the illegal operations of vistajet in Hong Kong. Do you guys have any source from CAD or news? I am having interview with it this week. Not pilot, charter executive most likely.
I have noticed that VistaJet have dumped the Lear 40 and Challenger 300 from their fleet. I also noticed that VistaJet have ordered the Lear 85.
A few questions that have probably already been answered:
1. How is fleet selection determined if the applicant does not have time on any of the current fleet aircraft (L60XR, CL605, CL850 and Global) and you meet the hours requirements for all? Is it purely need at the time? Obviously, salary difference between the L60XR and Global for a new FO is pretty big for some. How likely could a newhire be placed in a Global when existing/internal pilots on the Lear want the same position?
2. Is there a seat lock once your are hired and trained? So, if you start on the Lear 60XR as an FO, how soon before you could "bid" or request FO on the CL605/Global? Or would you likely switch to the LHS on the L60XR?
3. Although I do not fly for NJE, I know many who were furloughed. Do VistaJet hired furloughed NJE pilots or is that not considered appropriate (poach competing pilots who could eventually be recalled to NJE)?
4. How are the CL850s in terms of operating performance? They must offer long-range tanks because I knew some CRJ pilots who flew them for Flybe when they had them and they thought they operated like dogs - especially in the summer. I assume the CL850s at VistaJet have been modified to perform better than the airliner version - no? The cabin certainly looks nice.
5. Lastly, I realise VistaJet offer 28-30 pilot domiciles throughout Europe. Is there preference given to pilots who are more accessible in the major hub cities? Would living in London be preferred vs. living in more remote location?