PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet? Latest news, anyone?!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2012, 17:19
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have noticed that VistaJet have dumped the Lear 40 and Challenger 300 from their fleet. I also noticed that VistaJet have ordered the Lear 85.

A few questions that have probably already been answered:

1. How is fleet selection determined if the applicant does not have time on any of the current fleet aircraft (L60XR, CL605, CL850 and Global) and you meet the hours requirements for all? Is it purely need at the time? Obviously, salary difference between the L60XR and Global for a new FO is pretty big for some. How likely could a newhire be placed in a Global when existing/internal pilots on the Lear want the same position?

2. Is there a seat lock once your are hired and trained? So, if you start on the Lear 60XR as an FO, how soon before you could "bid" or request FO on the CL605/Global? Or would you likely switch to the LHS on the L60XR?

3. Although I do not fly for NJE, I know many who were furloughed. Do VistaJet hired furloughed NJE pilots or is that not considered appropriate (poach competing pilots who could eventually be recalled to NJE)?

4. How are the CL850s in terms of operating performance? They must offer long-range tanks because I knew some CRJ pilots who flew them for Flybe when they had them and they thought they operated like dogs - especially in the summer. I assume the CL850s at VistaJet have been modified to perform better than the airliner version - no? The cabin certainly looks nice.

5. Lastly, I realise VistaJet offer 28-30 pilot domiciles throughout Europe. Is there preference given to pilots who are more accessible in the major hub cities? Would living in London be preferred vs. living in more remote location?

Cheers (PMs also welcome)

Last edited by Iver; 28th Jan 2012 at 17:40.