Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Air Baltic information

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Air Baltic information

Old 8th May 2019, 19:14
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of mixed feelings here for sure.
I just sent my application for DEC on Q400 although I'm wondering if the requirements really can be correct.
Can it be correct that they accept DEC captains without any CS25 PIC time? When I read the job application they only require 3000h total and 1500 on CS25.
drsd is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 12:48
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 38
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Flyer007, guess you are one of the local guys with the nice rosters, open your eyes, there is a second type of roster for the non-locals, all I share is the experiences I had, nothing more, nothing less.

You might have been at the same pilots meeting where the management told the pilots "not to complain and be happy to have a job at all".

In how many airlines did you work so far? I can compare this company to some other and sorry to say if punctuality is ranked higher than safety then everythin is said...
Jabulani is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 20:55
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: DUS
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is really safety that bad with them? Why Iím asking - they are flying for Lufthansa out of MUC and Lufthansa is pretty strict during their safety audits...
bumpy737 is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 22:57
  #104 (permalink)  
WMB
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mordor :(
Age: 52
Posts: 60
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabulani, unless the entire Dash training team has been abducted by aliens within the last two years, your talking rubbish. I know the Type Chief Pilot, and if your not up to scratch, then you not going to be flying in a Baltic aircraft for very long. What they didn’t tell you in the glossy brochures at flight school is that it’s hard work, especially on a Turboprop, and in a long Baltic winter it’s can be even tougher. Honestly it’s not a job that suits everyone.
WMB is offline  
Old 14th May 2019, 04:16
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Netherlands
Age: 47
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking to the Air Baltic Q400 DEC position. Who has experience living in Riga? Especially with kids? It looks like there are only a handful of International/ privat schools and they are crazy expensive. My kids already had to learn 3 languages so I don't want to put them through the pain of learning a 4th one which happens when going to a public school..

Thanks
MikeHoncho is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 08:12
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 61
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger AB

Stay far away from this bs company !!!!! Worst in the industry !!!!
Capt Flinstone is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 15:50
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Flinstone View Post
Stay far away from this bs company !!!!! Worst in the industry !!!!
Why? Please elaborate.
drsd is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 17:57
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Uk
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a look at all ď capt flinstone ď, posts and youíll see.......among loads of assessments he/ she appears to have been to is an air Baltic one.
Meester proach is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 20:17
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meester proach View Post
Have a look at all ď capt flinstone ď, posts and youíll see.......among loads of assessments he/ she appears to have been to is an air Baltic one.
Ahh I see. No bueno on the result I assume.
drsd is offline  
Old 24th May 2019, 21:46
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 154
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe capt flinstone belong to a 500h P2F hours bought in Airbaltic and is trying to keep everybody far away from this company, hoping that no one will relieve his seat before his contract will expire and hoping that he will be extended.
negativeclimb is offline  
Old 25th May 2019, 00:31
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IQ Test

Hi,
Has anyone some info on the first assessment step, the IQ Test they talk about?
thanks
philipB737NG is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 11:01
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philipB737NG View Post
Hi,
Has anyone some info on the first assessment step, the IQ Test they talk about?
thanks
It's a mix of logical thinking, math and spatial thinking.
Not that difficult.
drsd is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 10:41
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Riga
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jabulani View Post
@ Flyer007, guess you are one of the local guys with the nice rosters, open your eyes, there is a second type of roster for the non-locals, all I share is the experiences I had, nothing more, nothing less.
A lot of us actually share rosters between us in order to swap some duties whenever needed and I can assure you there is no difference between local/foreign pilot rosters, not on the Q400 anyway. I understand things might have not worked out for you very well, you have let your concerns known to everyone, but I would kindly ask you to not get carried away by blaming the company for nepotism, especially when all chief pilots and most management pilots are foreigners

Last edited by q400_driver; 2nd Jun 2019 at 18:15.
q400_driver is offline  
Old 4th Jun 2019, 06:12
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EU
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Jabulani View Post
@ Flyer007, guess you are one of the local guys with the nice rosters, open your eyes, there is a second type of roster for the non-locals, all I share is the experiences I had, nothing more, nothing less.

You might have been at the same pilots meeting where the management told the pilots "not to complain and be happy to have a job at all".

In how many airlines did you work so far? I can compare this company to some other and sorry to say if punctuality is ranked higher than safety then everythin is said...
You always have a choice to stay or to leave.... if everything is so bad there, why are you still there ?
Maybe the problem is not in the particular company or companies, but simply something is wrong with your expectation and attitude.......
Anyway, have a nice day and I hope that one day you will find an airline that perfectly suits you .....


Flyer007 is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2019, 11:59
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere in the sky
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unknownpilot View Post
Was wondering if anybody could provide me with an email address for the people in charge of recruitment. I dont want to apply with the automated system without getting a bit of further knowledge, hence why I wish to contact them.

PM please with the email address

Regards
You better do your own research, I don't think they will be answering emails anytime soon, since there seems to have more candidates than positions available.
PilotRoger is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2019, 10:47
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unknownpilot View Post
Was wondering if anybody could provide me with an email address for the people in charge of recruitment. I dont want to apply with the automated system without getting a bit of further knowledge, hence why I wish to contact them.

PM please with the email address

Regards
Apply through the correct channels, the process takes 5 min. You will get an email very quickly from an actual person who can answer your questions.
drsd is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2019, 16:23
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Desenzano
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi guys, I've seen a lot of posts, but none specific on the AIR BALTIC INTERVIEW process.
Can anyone help people to understand how is the TECH interview?

About the IQ test just look into several online test and choose among the most difficult ones, it will be fine.
SIM assessment is quite obvious and everybody should know what to expect and HR is too personal to prepare for it.

Would the ACE publication be enough for the interview?

THX.
nenepilot is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 16:57
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nenepilot View Post
Hi guys, I've seen a lot of posts, but none specific on the AIR BALTIC INTERVIEW process.
Can anyone help people to understand how is the TECH interview?

About the IQ test just look into several online test and choose among the most difficult ones, it will be fine.
SIM assessment is quite obvious and everybody should know what to expect and HR is too personal to prepare for it.

Would the ACE publication be enough for the interview?

THX.
I was asked some technical questions about my current type and de-icing fluids. The others I was with got asked about RVSM and MSA except for stuff about their current type. Do the prep at latespilotjobs and you'll be fine.

It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The tempo in the sim was crazy though. Make sure you know the profiles perfectly and to TRIM. In 30 min I did takeoff, maneuvers, 3 approaches 2 engines and OEI, 2 go arounds (1 OEI) and landing.
drsd is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 16:58
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unknownpilot View Post
Thanks, appreciate the input. I don't expect positive outcome though. Not because of my lack of experience, however my lack of EASA Atpl. I have an ICAO ATPL, and can't seem to find any reasonable conversion process short of sitting all 14 exams and a flight test.
What you described was the required conversion process.
drsd is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 17:13
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Desenzano
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Baltic interview

Originally Posted by drsd View Post
I was asked some technical questions about my current type and de-icing fluids. The others I was with got asked about RVSM and MSA except for stuff about their current type. Do the prep at latespilotjobs and you'll be fine.

It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The tempo in the sim was crazy though. Make sure you know the profiles perfectly and to TRIM. In 30 min I did takeoff, maneuvers, 3 approaches 2 engines and OEI, 2 go arounds (1 OEI) and landing.
thank you dsrd,
can you be more specific on the type oriented question?
what kind of tech spec they are looking for?

i already have done the IQ.

many thx for your reply, itís useful.
nenepilot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.