Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Smartlynx

Old 6th Nov 2018, 15:31
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: go west
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by wondering View Post
Thanks for the English lesson. In my world OT means Off Topic. But what do I know. Its just wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_topic

I can only comment on this one flight. Unfortunately, that was more than enough for me.

Regarding seat pitch, I flew Easy and Smartlynx on the same day. Unless I grew longer legs during the day, there is no way both aircraft had the same seat pitch on that particular day.
chill.. We had a bit of a giggle at your expense, no reason to turn bitter. Any chance easy is using one of those new fancy slim chairs? I think Smartlynx are still with the old fashioned cushion type recaros or whatever they were, maybe that's where the difference comes from. Or you were sitting at an extra legroom seat in easy..
Martin_123 is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2018, 07:02
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 1
Any captain working for Smartlynx can tell me what is the gross salary per working month? What bases they operate?
achimon is offline  
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 17:52
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 12
SmartLynx interview

Hi! I will have interview with smartlynx for the cadet program next month and was wondering if anybody there has already done it and would not mind sharing the experience!
caravel is offline  
Old 23rd Dec 2018, 23:02
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 143
If it is the program offered via Baltic Aviation Academy I would think twice and read this thread thoroughly: Baltic Aviation Academy
Intrance is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2018, 10:02
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 12
Interview

Thanks for sending it over, it will of course be considered. I am however scheduled for an interview and I would like to talk to them myself, and perhaps they will be able to offer some clarification on a few issues raised in this discussion.
I just would like to talk to somebody who has gone through the interview in order to prepare myself better, I of course have been reading a lot online, but I am missing personal insights that only a frank talk with somebody who has experienced it can give, just for my own reference things like what kind of questions, most discussed topic, tone of the interview, lenght of the interview, dress code, etc.
caravel is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2018, 11:49
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by caravel View Post
Thanks for sending it over, it will of course be considered. I am however scheduled for an interview and I would like to talk to them myself, and perhaps they will be able to offer some clarification on a few issues raised in this discussion.
I just would like to talk to somebody who has gone through the interview in order to prepare myself better, I of course have been reading a lot online, but I am missing personal insights that only a frank talk with somebody who has experienced it can give, just for my own reference things like what kind of questions, most discussed topic, tone of the interview, lenght of the interview, dress code, etc.
Some of those things you will find in a post by user "Idontlikeusername" on the very page I linked to. You can try sending him/her a message. But please please please, read the last three or four pages of the thread first. It should tell you all you need to know without going for an interview.
Intrance is offline  
Old 7th Jan 2019, 15:47
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by caravel View Post
Thanks for sending it over, it will of course be considered. I am however scheduled for an interview and I would like to talk to them myself, and perhaps they will be able to offer some clarification on a few issues raised in this discussion.
I just would like to talk to somebody who has gone through the interview in order to prepare myself better, I of course have been reading a lot online, but I am missing personal insights that only a frank talk with somebody who has experienced it can give, just for my own reference things like what kind of questions, most discussed topic, tone of the interview, lenght of the interview, dress code, etc.
I have been to the interview. They seem to take everyone, nothing to prepare. I guess they rely on BAA's assessment, but just want to see your face. It took around 15 minutes. I was very happy to take 2 days off and travel to Riga for 15 minutes.
Then I read the thread on BAA, and declined the proposal.
JohnnyBee is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 21:15
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NA
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by caravel View Post
Thanks for sending it over, it will of course be considered. I am however scheduled for an interview and I would like to talk to them myself, and perhaps they will be able to offer some clarification on a few issues raised in this discussion.
I just would like to talk to somebody who has gone through the interview in order to prepare myself better, I of course have been reading a lot online, but I am missing personal insights that only a frank talk with somebody who has experienced it can give, just for my own reference things like what kind of questions, most discussed topic, tone of the interview, lenght of the interview, dress code, etc.
Interview means nothing. They took everyone. It is waste of time, money and energy to attend and even consider Smartlynx cadet programme. There will be only February group in 2019 and today 11 Jan. They are still looking for candidates to join the programme. All of the current Smartlynx cadet looking for not to join them but attending job fairs and information sessions of other airlines. I think this is self explaining.
uberfly is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 21:16
  #49 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NA
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by caravel View Post
Hi! I will have interview with smartlynx for the cadet program next month and was wondering if anybody there has already done it and would not mind sharing the experience!
Why not to try European Flight Academy?
uberfly is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 21:39
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by uberfly View Post
Interview means nothing. They took everyone. It is waste of time, money and energy to attend and even consider Smartlynx cadet programme. There will be only February group in 2019 and today 11 Jan. They are still looking for candidates to join the programme. All of the current Smartlynx cadet looking for not to join them but attending job fairs and information sessions of other airlines. I think this is self explaining.
I see. But how does that work, I understood with this program you have a bond with Smartlynx! Can you just go and work for other airlines once you finnish the course? And also why don't the cadets want to work for Smartlynx? On the other thread I only found complaints about the school, nothing about the airlines...
caravel is offline  
Old 11th Jan 2019, 22:09
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by uberfly View Post
Why not to try European Flight Academy?
Because I had the impression this academy had a preference for German speaking candidates, but I do not know much about the school tbh. Any insider info you could share?
caravel is offline  
Old 12th Jan 2019, 07:24
  #52 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NA
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by caravel View Post
Because I had the impression this academy had a preference for German speaking candidates, but I do not know much about the school tbh. Any insider info you could share?
Since I saw your location is Germany I thought you are German. I visit them before and and about school there is nothing much to discuss since it is initiative of Lufthansa group. I would say no fake selection process, no useless promises. Traditionally they choose only strong candidates. In my opinion I would only go there to experience their selection process. Yes about German language you might be correct but when I was there back then it wasn't a problem.
uberfly is offline  
Old 12th Jan 2019, 07:55
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 12
The selection process in BAA was made with the Compass Test, which I beleive to be a rather common selection tool... I mean, that did not seem fake to me :/ why do you say it is fake, due to the airline interview? And what about these empty promises, what exactly are you talking about?
caravel is offline  
Old 12th Jan 2019, 08:06
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NA
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by caravel View Post
The selection process in BAA was made with the Compass Test, which I beleive to be a rather common selection tool... I mean, that did not seem fake to me :/ why do you say it is fake, due to the airline interview? And what about these empty promises, what exactly are you talking about?
Hey, actually this is not correct thread ( Terms and Endearment) to discuss this. If you ask your questions in correct thread I believe you will find an answer to your questions.
uberfly is offline  
Old 12th Jan 2019, 08:13
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 12
Alright, thanks!
caravel is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 10:40
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NA
Posts: 26
Does anyone knows whether Smartlynx use their own pilots for winter Vietnam operations? Or planes flying there under dry lease agreement?
uberfly is offline  
Old 2nd Feb 2019, 21:37
  #57 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: world
Posts: 24
Own pilots
Solenoid is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 09:35
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: on theEdge...
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by uberfly View Post
Does anyone knows whether Smartlynx use their own pilots for winter Vietnam operations? Or planes flying there under dry lease agreement?
own pilots and CC
TheEdge is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2019, 18:46
  #59 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: at the end
Posts: 71
is SL recruiting then?
favete linguis is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2019, 18:10
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NA
Posts: 26
thank you for both for answer. If you know further about it how is the rooster looks like? How many duty weeks pilots are send to Vietnam and than how many days off to go back home country?
uberfly is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.