Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

WOW Airlines

Old 8th Apr 2019, 11:40
  #221 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: TBA
Posts: 1
Kruger. Settle down.

That chip that you've always had on your shoulder has eventually got the better of you. It was evident on the line too. However, you appear to have got what you wanted. It's done, now move along.

Despite what is written above, the place was full of fantastic crew and will be welcomed wherever they go. Good luck to all of you finding new jobs.
Landofice is offline  
Old 9th Apr 2019, 10:28
  #222 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Location Location
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Landofice View Post
Kruger. Settle down.

That chip that you've always had on your shoulder has eventually got the better of you. It was evident on the line too. However, you appear to have got what you wanted. It's done, now move along.

Despite what is written above, the place was full of fantastic crew and will be welcomed wherever they go. Good luck to all of you finding new jobs.
I heard the same things... Heyr Heyr
TF-OII is offline  
Old 10th Apr 2019, 17:52
  #223 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 151
Why are posts keep on disappearing from this thread?! Not mine, personally, but there were some with sense, like from atlanta(?) and krugerpark's reply to it, etc.
booze is offline  
Old 10th Apr 2019, 23:12
  #224 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Been around the block
Posts: 472
Iceland is the least aviation friendly country I’ve been to in Europe other than France. I thought the Brits were uptight until I flew into Iceland. There was a car that followed us from taxiway to our stand, monitoring our taxi speed. Then she parked in front of our Boeing, followed all staff around, refused our mechanics to get their tools from the cargo, attempted and refused aircraft entry, then tried to threaten us with fines. We ushered her off and closed up. If the environment for aviation is like this, I feel bad for any operator attempting to start up. Oh, and pizza is $9 a slice.
4runner is offline  
Old 11th Apr 2019, 12:38
  #225 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Iceland
Posts: 12
Landofice

POSTING AGAIN...HOPING IT WILL LAST

Dear land of ice,
Rest well at nigth, because I have settled down long before you went drinking your beer at Videy Islands , that nigth on december when the termination letters were sent out , “to trim the excessive fat in the Company “.

“What Í have always wanted” , if you had read all my posts, it was to have an equal treatment and equal salary compared to unxeperienced, unqualified, unsuitable , unprepared ,GREEN but POPULAR & BLESSED pilots ; also Í wanted all those clamouring promises tó be mainted and all the neverending crap posted, published and Mailed tó stop : certainly Í did nót want to be cheated, lied and finally not even paied not only of my salary but also my pension contributions.

In regard to those few wonderful people working in wow, I have always had them in the highest consideration, especially those lured with insulting contracts to live in lousy dirty barracks in a ghetto and treated like sons of á lesser god, forced in á local contract, required to change to a local licence, coerced to pay contribution in á system that will nót even pay them Unemployment benefits or support because they were hired for less than á year on the fantastic permanent contract, obliged to pay á Union who openly doesn’t give á damn about foreigners and mainly cares about “sponsoring” social events , summer houses and booze.

My Dear Land of Ice.... u have all my sympathy: you are á true believer, You have my deepest and sincere respect.

One thing I really liked in your post: Good luck tó all of you finding á new job. And it is not sarcasm... this time.
Krugerpark is offline  
Old 11th Apr 2019, 17:49
  #226 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 151
My 2 cents on what/who/how might have driven WOW Air to the ground after a little get together and discussion last week with the "boys" (now ex-colleagues, all foreigners):

- incompetent management due to the fact that promotions were solely based on nepotism
- some of flt.deck and cabin crew actively participating in sinking the ship by excessive amount of sick calls/not reporting for flts./trainings during weekends, public holidays, football worldcup, festivals, etc. and flying only for several "bought off days" when need arised - all tolerated by above mentioned management by no one being fired/made example of, etc.
- unnecessary transportation and accommodation costs during layovers due to mostly city center hotels + private shuttle companies, just because Icelandair has the same...
- of course the usual other (fuel, leasing, outstanding fees, scheduling, pricing) financial factors of we all know (or not) about.

I cannot comment on training as always had external (UK) examiners but some of the FO-s really had a "chip on their shoulder", mostly for two reasons, i gathered:

- being icelandic and well connected with the above mentioned management
- just graduated from Lufthansa flight school thinking that they are the best of the best

Oh, and the worst, most unprofessional cabin crew i have ever came across my entire career both as a commander and as passenger.

Anyhow, had a blast, met some awesome and really good people. It was a great experience, all in all.

As always no offense was intended and good luck to all.

booze
booze is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2019, 01:45
  #227 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Everyplace
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by booze View Post
My 2 cents on what/who/how might have driven WOW Air to the ground after a little get together and discussion last week with the "boys" (now ex-colleagues, all foreigners):

- incompetent management due to the fact that promotions were solely based on nepotism
- some of flt.deck and cabin crew actively participating in sinking the ship by excessive amount of sick calls/not reporting for flts./trainings during weekends, public holidays, football worldcup, festivals, etc. and flying only for several "bought off days" when need arised - all tolerated by above mentioned management by no one being fired/made example of, etc.
- unnecessary transportation and accommodation costs during layovers due to mostly city center hotels + private shuttle companies, just because Icelandair has the same...
- of course the usual other (fuel, leasing, outstanding fees, scheduling, pricing) financial factors of we all know (or not) about.

I cannot comment on training as always had external (UK) examiners but some of the FO-s really had a "chip on their shoulder", mostly for two reasons, i gathered:

- being icelandic and well connected with the above mentioned management
- just graduated from Lufthansa flight school thinking that they are the best of the best

Oh, and the worst, most unprofessional cabin crew i have ever came across my entire career both as a commander and as passenger.

Anyhow, had a blast, met some awesome and really good people. It was a great experience, all in all.

As always no offense was intended and good luck to all.

booze
The 330 also helped to kill that company. To big to expensive.
7Q Off is online now  
Old 12th Apr 2019, 04:13
  #228 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta
Age: 51
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by 7Q Off View Post


The 330 also helped to kill that company. To big to expensive.
too =/= to
hans brinker is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2019, 07:50
  #229 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mordor
Posts: 278
Originally Posted by 7Q Off View Post


The 330 also helped to kill that company. To big to expensive.
That’s just a convenient excuse on behalf of the management, which the public seems to have naively accepted. This company has been haemorrhaging money out of every hole with, or without the A330 - I’ve been in several places before and have never ever seen such a mess of a company. It was pure ‘inmates running the asylum’ - and no, I have no axe to grind with them, just stating my, somewhat qualified, observations.

While I do feel for the workforce (having been one of them), WOW going down is actually a good riddance to the industry.

Fingers crossed, I hope you all find better jobs quickly.
Sidestick_n_Rudder is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2019, 19:22
  #230 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Iceland
Posts: 5
Very poor management
very poor training
very high arrogance
all already said many times and this is the natural selection.
It is time to open the books and start learning and mini icelandic captains have to think deeply. Even More deeply then the mini green pilots.
there will be no foreigners rising the standards anymore. You have to show who you are.
nordicfly is offline  
Old 13th Apr 2019, 10:04
  #231 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iceland
Age: 35
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Krugerpark View Post



Sorry, Í don’t quite get it: your point is...skuli is á reliable and trust worthy entrepreanur?

below is the email sent by his Staff 5 hours before declaring bankruptcy with all the termination letters signed by the Estate curator already in the póst and the aircrats seized on ground...


”Dear coworkers
WOW air is in the final stages of finalizing equity raise with a group of investors. All flights have been postponed until documentation with all parties involved have been finalized. Further information will be given at 9 am. “


28 mar 2019 0316



cheating liars....






*
It really wasn't my intention of giving off the impression that Skuli Mogensen is a trustworthy entrepreneur, on the contrary!
Since it was reported earlier this winter that Wow hadn't been making payments to employees pension funds, I have been expecting this downfall.
I am however amazed how he could manage to string people along, both potential investors and customers for so long.
The evening before the company went under, they were advertising on one of the largest news sites in Iceland, (with a huge banner on the top of the site mind you), a one way fare from Keflavik to London Stansted for 40$ !

If you decide to sell your product below cost, you can't expect to stay in business very long.....
Bittair3000 is offline  
Old 13th Apr 2019, 10:43
  #232 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 412
Just a wee tip but when your potential employer offers you an old airforce base to live in I wouldn't give them the time of day. The warnings were there from the get go.
MCDU2 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.