Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > South Asia and the Far East
Reload this Page >

Are you interested in Cathay Pacific? They are hiring now.

South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

Are you interested in Cathay Pacific? They are hiring now.

Old 19th Jul 2023, 05:30
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: lima
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello , I am applying for First Officer (Direct Entry), I have already passed the initial interview and they have asked me for documents about my latest simulators and I filled out a medical form. I am waiting for some news.
Is anyone in the same stage as me?
Icarlosdaniel is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2023, 10:24
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: anakJaksel
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarlosdaniel
hello , I am applying for First Officer (Direct Entry), I have already passed the initial interview and they have asked me for documents about my latest simulators and I filled out a medical form. I am waiting for some news.
Is anyone in the same stage as me?
Hi icarlos, I have initial interview schedule on upcoming 24th Jul. other then documents what is the question interview about?
ayoterbang is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2023, 10:42
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: bigland
Posts: 135
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoterbang
Hi icarlos, I have initial interview schedule on upcoming 24th Jul. other then documents what is the question interview about?
What's your experience level?

Does one really need to have jet hrs?
cruisepower is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2023, 11:27
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: anakJaksel
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
What's your experience level?

Does one really need to have jet hrs?
I curently have a320;
I am not sure about it maybe anyone can help to answer?
thnaks
ayoterbang is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2023, 11:39
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: bigland
Posts: 135
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoterbang
I curently have a320;
I am not sure about it maybe anyone can help to answer?
thnaks
Last email I got from them is need to have at least 500 hrs on a jet to be considered for a FO position which I am assuming you do have. Or do you need several hundred hrs on a jet?
cruisepower is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2023, 15:36
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: anakJaksel
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisepower
Last email I got from them is need to have at least 500 hrs on a jet to be considered for a FO position which I am assuming you do have. Or do you need several hundred hrs on a jet?
i think that is the minimum requiremnet to have 500hours on jet. i have a thousand above at the moment on jet.
ayoterbang is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2023, 00:00
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: lima
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoterbang
Hi icarlos, I have initial interview schedule on upcoming 24th Jul. other then documents what is the question interview about?
Hello, I only had the interview with a person from HR, he asked me personal questions, about my experiences, teamwork and personality, no technical questions
Icarlosdaniel is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2023, 07:28
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: anakJaksel
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarlosdaniel
Hello, I only had the interview with a person from HR, he asked me personal questions, about my experiences, teamwork and personality, no technical questions
alrigth, thabks you for your share anyway.
ayoterbang is offline  
Old 3rd Aug 2023, 03:39
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: lima
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Assessment Invitation CX

Hello, did anyone receive the invitation for the final assessment in Hong Kong?
Icarlosdaniel is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2023, 16:52
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarlosdaniel
Hello, did anyone receive the invitation for the final assessment in Hong Kong?
Any idea on the step by step process for final assessment w/ CX?

If airbus rated. Will you get Airbus sim assessment?

Ty
FlybywireFamily is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2023, 17:03
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: lima
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlybywireFamily
Any idea on the step by step process for final assessment w/ CX?

If airbus rated. Will you get Airbus sim assessment?

Ty
no idea, i'm trying to find out
Icarlosdaniel is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2023, 05:23
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: lima
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any recommendations for the final assessment in Hong Kong? Or does anyone know what it's about?
Icarlosdaniel is offline  
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 11:43
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: uk
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heya,
Anyone heading over to HK for CX DEFO assessment in May or June 2024. Assessment including the following 5 items (sim, interview...medical...etc), would you get any additional info about sim assessment and how the 2 days assessment plan out. Would you shed some light on.....
feel free to reply or message me directly. Thanks a million
dt354nds is offline  
Old 23rd May 2024, 12:28
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Norway
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi dt354nds,

I got a assessment in june. Did you get any information on your questions? Would you mind sharing them with me?

Thanks
lucian6 is offline  
Old 25th May 2024, 14:19
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 768
Likes: 0
Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts


Roadshow in USA and South America. How desperate are they?
Climb150 is offline  
Old 28th May 2024, 16:10
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: bigland
Posts: 135
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150


Roadshow in USA and South America. How desperate are they?
Who in their mind from USA would join Cathay. salaries have skyrocketed in USA even you can make more flying for a regional with 17 days off for the same pay in Cathay.
cruisepower is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.