Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Rotorheads
Reload this Page >

Pilot for the Queen

Rotorheads A haven for helicopter professionals to discuss the things that affect them

Pilot for the Queen

Old 27th Feb 2020, 17:15
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 2,779
Originally Posted by Snarlie View Post
best aircraft.
Hardly. 20yo airframes based on 40yo technology, with avionics and ergonomics which are at least 2 generations old.
Bravo73 is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 17:52
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Age: 51
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
Hardly. 20yo airframes based on 40yo technology, with avionics and ergonomics which are at least 2 generations old.
totally agree. Time for her maj to switch sides. See if she can borrow the papal copter. She’d prefer the cabin space, knowing she’s not sitting on the fuel tanks and the superior range and OEI performance. The 76 was the best in its day. Time to move on.
Sir Korsky is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 18:03
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 9
Queen`s Flight job has to be the pinnacle of the corporate sector, certainly in the UK
i would disagree as the S76 is IMO a career cul-de-sac
SFIM is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 19:54
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 614
I see STARS, a nearby EMS operator, is replacing their 6 year old 139 fleet with new Airbus H145. Fit for a queen?
Also Ornge tried bailing out of their 139 EMS fleet but timed it at the bottom of the market where they couldn’t even get 412 prices, so they were stuck with them. So what type isn’t a “career cul-de-sac” these days? I hear 225 demand is improving.
malabo is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 19:59
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: "Deplorable but happy as a drunken Monkey!
Age: 71
Posts: 16,615
I hear 225 demand is improving.
Sorta hard for it to get worse ain't it?
SASless is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2020, 20:23
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Age: 51
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by malabo View Post
I see STARS, a nearby EMS operator, is replacing their 6 year old 139 fleet with new Airbus H145. Fit for a queen?
Also Ornge tried bailing out of their 139 EMS fleet but timed it at the bottom of the market where they couldn’t even get 412 prices, so they were stuck with them. So what type isn’t a “career cul-de-sac” these days? I hear 225 demand is improving.
off to the tower with you
Sir Korsky is offline  
Old 29th Feb 2020, 00:05
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK/OZ
Posts: 1,717
It is widely reported that Her Majesty is not a big fan of helicopter travel, would the monarch-in-waiting, with a love(?) of flying, push for a replacement?...of the aircraft

mjb
mickjoebill is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2020, 14:30
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: england
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by Sir Korsky View Post
totally agree. Time for her maj to switch sides. See if she can borrow the papal copter. She’d prefer the cabin space, knowing she’s not sitting on the fuel tanks and the superior range and OEI performance. The 76 was the best in its day. Time to move on.
TQHF have relatively recently purchased a second S76C++ so doubt they'll be changing any time soon...they now have G-XXEB and G-XXED (formerly G-URSA, but now in TQHF livery)

h14
heli14 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2020, 14:39
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: A very long way North
Posts: 386
Originally Posted by SASless View Post
Sorta hard for it to get worse ain't it?
In the North Sea, yes.

The rest of the world doesn’t seem so reticent though
PlasticCabDriver is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.