Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

Transferring State Of Issue Before Brexit

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Transferring State Of Issue Before Brexit

Old 31st Aug 2019, 16:46
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Crawley
Age: 27
Posts: 14
Transferring State Of Issue Before Brexit

Hi PPRuNe,

Usual apologies if this has already been covered/I'm too late to the party/I'm not smart enough to keep up!

UK Issued Part FCL PPL, 240HTT SEP/Night/Aero Rating, Class1 and 300NM XC done.

27, Ops Manager (Aviation), Looking to 'follow his dream' but didn't fancy the integrated debt - finally taken first step and started BGS with a view to complete CPL/IR part time in the UK, probably with Redhill Aviation (For info I will be taking AustroControl exams - As I understand it, UK will accept EASA issued TKExams but not visa versa)

My questions are;

A) I assume/have read I can take the AustroControl theory exams regardless of the state of issue of my Part FCL PPL?
B) Do I need to transfer my Part FCL PPL to another EASA Authority who plan to say in Europe (Irish/Austrian) for the Issue of Part FCL CPL (Assuming this is issued after Brexit)?
C) Is it going to be possible to get a EASA CPL issued in the UK after Brexit, if not, is going to Europe for training the only way of getting an EASA CPL?

Intended flying is bizjet/medevac within UK/Europe (hopefully for a UK Operator) but understandably I would like to have maximum flexibility in case that doest work out.

Thanking you brilliant lot in advance for the kind words of encouragement and helpful advice


DoItForTheThrill is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 18:23
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Bristol, England
Age: 60
Posts: 1,475
A. Yes, assuming its an ICAO compliant PPL and not an NPPL.
B. Yes, do it now
C. (i) If there's an EASA exit, no. If the UK stays in EASA, yes. (ii) if there's an EASA exit yes
Alex Whittingham is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 14:45
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Crawley
Age: 27
Posts: 14
Thanks Alex, Very helpful - have you done this yourself already? I've looked on Austrocontrol for this but can only find the transfer for third country licences, not part FCL ones - could anyone guide me on this before I join the email que to their licensing dept?

Thanks Again
DoItForTheThrill is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.