PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transferring State Of Issue Before Brexit
Old 31st Aug 2019, 15:46
DoItForTheThrill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transferring State Of Issue Before Brexit

Hi Pprune,

Usual apologies if this has already been covered/I'm too late to the party/I'm not smart enough to keep up!

Background
UK Issued Part FCL PPL, 240HTT SEP/Night/Aero Rating, Class1 and 300NM XC done.

27, Ops Manager (Aviation), Looking to 'follow his dream' but didn't fancy the integrated debt - finally taken first step and started BGS with a view to complete CPL/IR part time in the UK, probably with Redhill Aviation (For info I will be taking AustroControl exams - As I understand it, UK will accept EASA issued TKExams but not visa versa)

My questions are;

A) I assume/have read I can take the AustroControl theory exams regardless of the state of issue of my Part FCL PPL?
B) Do I need to transfer my Part FCL PPL to another EASA Authority who plan to say in Europe (Irish/Austrian) for the Issue of Part FCL CPL (Assuming this is issued after Brexit)?
C) Is it going to be possible to get a EASA CPL issued in the UK after Brexit, if not, is going to Europe for training the only way of getting an EASA CPL?

Intended flying is bizjet/medevac within UK/Europe (hopefully for a UK Operator) but understandably I would like to have maximum flexibility in case that doest work out.

Thanking you brilliant lot in advance for the kind words of encouragement and helpful advice

DIFTT