Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Smart Aviation Poland

Old 4th Mar 2018, 07:58
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 24
Hi Folks, I was just visiting there web page, and I see that they are holding ATPL Theory courses? So do they do there own in house ATPL Theory for 6-8months or are they just briefing sessions before you write the exams? Can someone please clarify?
westend is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2018, 19:21
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palmas
Posts: 146
I just started the ATPL distance theory there. From the pictures I think they might have a full in-house portion but I'm not sure.

I have not gone to the school yet but what I was informed; You through the 14k QB on AE with a 75%+ average then you go to the school for 2 weeks or so for briefing sessions and a sim of the exams. Supposedly after that you get the write off from the school to go start your exams. Regarding the other Polish schools the distance ATPL seems to be the same other than using AE to Bristol QB.

Although the back-office there has not been very easy with contact, the HT is a very hard-working guy and gets things done when he's available
Hawker400 is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2018, 19:54
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Poland
Age: 38
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Hawker400 View Post
I just started the ATPL distance theory there. From the pictures I think they might have a full in-house portion but I'm not sure.

I have not gone to the school yet but what I was informed; You through the 14k QB on AE with a 75%+ average then you go to the school for 2 weeks or so for briefing sessions and a sim of the exams. Supposedly after that you get the write off from the school to go start your exams. Regarding the other Polish schools the distance ATPL seems to be the same other than using AE to Bristol QB.

Although the back-office there has not been very easy with contact, the HT is a very hard-working guy and gets things done when he's available
Hi everybody. I am monitoring all posts regarding our school to provide you the most reliable information. ATPL ground training should last minimum 3 months. Our ATPL course costs 1500 EUR and includes:
- unlimited access to ATPL e-books online
- 1 year subscription to Aviation Exam (official partner of Smart Aviation)
- 10 days of classroom
We have chosen Aviation Exam because it has the highest coverage of ATPL questions. Students studying ATPL buy access to Aviation Exam even if their school uses other CBT for self studying. That's why we have decided to simplify self studying part for our students and offer them Aviation Exam as CBT. You need go through 80% of questions in study mode and get average of 75% from each subject.
Classes are organised twice a year in cooperation with CATS Aviation instructors. We are planning block of 10 days of lectures with English native speaking professional senior instructors from 18-th until 29-th of June 2018. Next block of classes is planned at the end of November. All students may join our course anytime they want but training time cannot be less than 3 months since start date. To be honest it is minimum time required to complete self studying part with Aviation Exam. ATPL ground training ends with internal exam which contains 130 multi choice questions.
I hope that all information given here is helpful enough and clarifies the structure of our ATPL course. However if you have any questions regarding to our ATPL theory please do not hesitate to ask. You can find my e-mail address on Smart Aviation website. Good luck and keep in touch.

Last edited by Pilot1981; 30th Mar 2018 at 04:42.
Pilot1981 is offline  
Old 4th Apr 2018, 14:03
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 3
Its easier to write great things about your school here, but in reality not true.You said a student can apply to your school anytime, this is a big lie about smart aviation poznan.

After spending time to visit the school and hoping of starting , all of a sudden, they dont have space anymore for students, simply cos a student is asking for admission letter so as to get sponsorship.

What kind of a school dont give admission letter out especially when its needed for financing? Its spells something fishy. Even a parent will need to see admission letter before investing in it
.
You dont have the capacity to accommodate student all years round, so stick with a particular narrative of eith some months in a year you take students like bartolini et al, or just say the truth.

Originally Posted by Pilot1981 View Post
Hi everybody. I am monitoring all posts regarding our school to provide you the most reliable information. ATPL ground training should last minimum 3 months. Our ATPL course costs 1500 EUR and includes:
- unlimited access to ATPL e-books online
- 1 year subscription to Aviation Exam (official partner of Smart Aviation)
- 10 days of classroom

We have chosen Aviation Exam because it has the highest coverage of ATPL questions. Students studying ATPL buy access to Aviation Exam even if their school uses other CBT for self studying. That's why we have decided to simplify self studying part for our students and offer them Aviation Exam as CBT. You need go through 80% of questions in study mode and get average of 75% from each subject.
Classes are organised twice a year in cooperation with CATS Aviation instructors. We are planning block of 10 days of lectures with English native speaking professional senior instructors from 18-th until 29-th of June 2018. Next block of classes is planned at the end of November. All students may join our course anytime they want but training time cannot be less than 3 months since start date. To be honest it is minimum time required to complete self studying part with Aviation Exam. ATPL ground training ends with internal exam which contains 130 multi choice questions.
I hope that all information given here is helpful enough and clarifies the structure of our ATPL course. However if you have any questions regarding to our ATPL theory please do not hesitate to ask. You can find my e-mail address on Smart Aviation website. Good luck and keep in touch.
Finpilott is offline  
Old 4th Apr 2018, 21:15
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Bristol, England
Age: 61
Posts: 1,540
ATPL ground training requires 650 hours of evidenced study time assuming you already have a PPL and are on the modular route, 750 hours otherwise. Assuming 35 hours a week that is a minimum of 18.5 weeks = 4.5 months solid study. In reality you will take time out to take exams or may do only 30 hours a week =5 to 6 months. Whoever told you it takes a minimum of three months was either wrong or assuming 50 hours study time a week, no breaks. I can't believe CATS have agreed that.
Alex Whittingham is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2018, 19:01
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Leeds
Posts: 2
hi does any one know how good this smart aviation school is....I was thinking to join this school for my ATPL, any suggestion??
Mani20096 is offline  
Old 16th Apr 2018, 23:47
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Poland
Age: 38
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Alex Whittingham View Post
ATPL ground training requires 650 hours of evidenced study time assuming you already have a PPL and are on the modular route, 750 hours otherwise. Assuming 35 hours a week that is a minimum of 18.5 weeks = 4.5 months solid study. In reality you will take time out to take exams or may do only 30 hours a week =5 to 6 months. Whoever told you it takes a minimum of three months was either wrong or assuming 50 hours study time a week, no breaks. I can't believe CATS have agreed that.
ATPL ground training is 650 hours. 10% must be done in classroom. It is approximately 8 hours a day for period of 12 weeks. After completion ground training you need 2-3 months to pass all 14 subjects. All training is conducted under our ATO certificate but lectures are provided by CATS instructors. If are representing bristol gs, you should know how does it work in Poland. If you wish to contact me directly please do not hesitate to ask.
Pilot1981 is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2018, 11:40
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 177
Originally Posted by Pilot1981 View Post
ATPL ground training is 650 hours. 10% must be done in classroom. It is approximately 8 hours a day for period of 12 weeks. After completion ground training you need 2-3 months to pass all 14 subjects. All training is conducted under our ATO certificate but lectures are provided by CATS instructors. If are representing bristol gs, you should know how does it work in Poland. If you wish to contact me directly please do not hesitate to ask.
Still can't understand how your students manage to take all the exams in 2-3 months.
It took me 3 months to prepare my first session
Jolax is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2018, 19:05
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 444
It can be done. I passed my exams in 3 months: March, April, May. Some people can get it quicker than others.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2018, 09:42
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by Jolax View Post
Still can't understand how your students manage to take all the exams in 2-3 months.
It took me 3 months to prepare my first session
I have heard of people doing everything in under 6 months distance learning, Quite frankly I don't know how they do it but I guess some people are more talented than others
Negan is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 13:16
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Cosenza
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Porcellino View Post
Hello carve, my training lasted nearly 3 months but that was due to weather on its majority.
I went there needing 50 hrs to start CPL, but had the requirements for MEP and IR, so I was held back for a month to complete my 150hrs to start CPL and the the 200 hrs for skill test. Weather between November and December was 2-3 flying days a week, or less.
I ended up paying around 20.000 Euros, and that's with the 50hrs hour building on SE, CPL/ME/IR, landing fees, hire the twin for skill test and examiner fee.
Feel free to drop a PM if you have any questions.
Hello Porcellino.. I send you a pm

You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
fm91 is offline  
Old 20th Oct 2018, 12:25
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 9
PPL

Hello guys, I am going to start my PPL theoritical program at Smart Aviation Poznan on 12th of November. So far i had a conversation with the owner and things seems pretty good.I visit the school as well. I can share extra informations till the end of November. If anyone else is going/willing to attend the new classroom just send me an e mail.
Silverds88 is offline  
Old 1st Jan 2019, 21:49
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5
Hi everyone,
After completing my ppl in the UK I have tried to register atpl distance learning at Smart Aviation in Poznan in November. Unfortunatelly my attempt was not successfull as there is nobody to contact with. I tried almost all contact numbers, email adresses on their website. After , someone has replied via whatsapp that they need to arrange Ďdetailed scheduleí for me and for other students. So I was told that I need to wait. After i was told to contact someone else but i have never reached this person.
Anyway, at the end I gave up to trying to communicate. Because they did not even pay attention what I was requiring.
Apparently, they are extremely busy to deal with the basic registration process.

Yasini is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 19:27
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 9
Yasini;10349166]

Hello did you receive my message?


------------------------------------------

You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Silverds88 is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2019, 11:19
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Silverds88 View Post
Yasini;10349166]

Hello did you receive my message?


------------------------------------------

You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Hi Silverds88,
I have received your message and replied to you.

Many thanks for offering help. I`ve just wasted my time with Smart Av and just shared what I experienced with that school.

Good luck with your PPL training.

----------------------------------------
You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Yasini is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2019, 11:33
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: 2500ft
Age: 19
Posts: 75
Same here.Tried to contact them several times,but got no reply from them.
Tharaka737 is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2019, 11:58
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 9
hey mate, i am trying to contact with you but you have limited inbox storage. need to delete something.

---------------------------------------

Both of you canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Silverds88 is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2019, 12:58
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Silverds88 View Post
hey mate, i am trying to contact with you but you have limited inbox storage. need to delete something.

---------------------------------------

Both of you canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Admin`s note explains why we can not send and receive any pm (Both of you canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crooks, con men and bored Nigerian ladies wanting your money
Yasini is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 15:57
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 30
I hope Mr Mateusz will have more time to reply us I ve been trying to arrange me-ir with him for 2 months but still couldnt come with any outcome
SeGMaN is offline  
Old 12th Jan 2019, 13:10
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: London
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by SeGMaN View Post
I hope Mr Mateusz will have more time to reply us I ve been trying to arrange me-ir with him for 2 months but still couldnt come with any outcome
I am sure he is quite busy. I hope you sort it out as soon as possible. Apparently they can not deal with the current workload. But the main problem is communication. If they say that we can not accept your request we are busy it is completely fine for me . But they do not respond or even if they respond it is one word without any explanations. Anyway, thats the current situation with that school.
Yasini is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.