Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > North America
Reload this Page >

Operating EASA Aircraft in North America under Part 91

North America Still the busiest region for commercial aviation.

Operating EASA Aircraft in North America under Part 91

Old 26th Mar 2021, 09:24
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 8
Operating EASA Aircraft in North America under Part 91

Can anyone point me to or give me any information as to how i can operate an EASA registered aircraft under part 91 in the US.
We want to carry survey mission on behalf of a US client who also operates under part 91. Thanks.
FYWH is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2021, 21:20
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,608
Originally Posted by FYWH View Post
We want to carry survey mission on behalf of a US client who also operates under part 91.
Well, then this company already has a fleet of airplanes doing the kind of work you hope to do ? What do you offer them they don't already have ?

I'm having trouble understanding the arrangement.
bafanguy is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 18:29
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: away from home
Age: 60
Posts: 764
Originally Posted by bafanguy View Post
Well, then this company already has a fleet of airplanes doing the kind of work you hope to do ? What do you offer them they don't already have ?

I'm having trouble understanding the arrangement.
You’re being a little snarky there. Perhaps the US operator needs additional equipment short term.

oceancrosser is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2021, 21:40
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,608
Originally Posted by oceancrosser View Post
You’re being a little snarky there.
I beg to disagree. No snarkyness at all. I don't do snarkyness.

I just don't understand why a US operator of this type has to import turn key aviation assets. Any US operator has essentially unlimited US av resources regardless of the type of operation.

That's not taking a cheap shot at the OP; it's admitting my lack of understanding.

My layman's understanding of Part 91 is that an independent organization being paid for its services would not qualify for Part 91 ops (Part 91K being the exemption). That imported operation being non-US is just a further wrinkle...about which I merely asked a question.


Last edited by bafanguy; 31st Mar 2021 at 07:46.
bafanguy is offline  
Old 31st Mar 2021, 23:03
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: away from home
Age: 60
Posts: 764
Originally Posted by bafanguy View Post

I just don't understand why a US operator of this type has to import turn key aviation assets. Any US operator has essentially unlimited US av resources regardless of the type of operation.

That's not taking a cheap shot at the OP; it's admitting my lack of understanding.

.
I don’t know about part 91 ops. But for years my company operated pax charters from more than one US city to Caribbean/Mexico destinations for about 4 months every winter. Apparently there was no US operator that could/would do it. And we were not a “low bidder”.
oceancrosser is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.