Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

Dassault Falcon 900LX replace 32 Sqn BAE 146

Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Dassault Falcon 900LX replace 32 Sqn BAE 146

Old 8th Feb 2022, 13:00
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The Alps
Posts: 2,757
Dassault Falcon 900LX replace 32 Sqn BAE 146

Here ya go

https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles...AqlHweXUs4xOlg




Last edited by chopper2004; 8th Feb 2022 at 18:54.
chopper2004 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 13:28
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 1,791
Already a thread running on this.
melmothtw is online now  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 14:50
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Great yarmouth, Norfolk UK
Age: 70
Posts: 555
Four engines reduced to 3! A 25% reduction in emissions!
bobward is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 15:23
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Jungle
Posts: 364
Not a bad little gig. Get a Falcon 900 type rating courtesy of the RAF.
Foghorn Leghorn is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 16:37
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 1,525
Originally Posted by bobward View Post
Four engines reduced to 3! A 25% reduction in emissions!
Ssssh, no-one mention it's one more than the BAE125s.... :-)
Davef68 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 16:40
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 522
G-AMILA and G-ATE?
Less Hair is online now  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 16:42
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 24,594
Oddly enough, I might be wrong, but I seem to remember something about the Falcon 2000 wing being the same as the 900 but they had blanked of part of the tankage to stop people buying the twin instead of the trijet.. after all why buy three when you can fly on two and have the same range.

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en...t/falcon-2000/

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en...ft/falcon-900/

I used to work on a 900, nice aircraft.

How about G-OVEN and G-OUKG?

.

Last edited by NutLoose; 8th Feb 2022 at 16:53.
NutLoose is online now  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 17:02
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Often in Jersey, but mainly in the past.
Age: 77
Posts: 7,174
G-OURS and G-EXEU
MPN11 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2022, 17:35
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 522
Right. Whenever you need to shop for an aircraft carrier or VVIP jet you go to...?
Less Hair is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 10:28
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Narfalk
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by Foghorn Leghorn View Post
Not a bad little gig. Get a Falcon 900 type rating courtesy of the RAF.
Then you leave the RAF and find out that your CAA AML rating with it is worthless with most corporate operators will want an EASA member state licence so you can sign non G aircraft. That is the truth with most job adverts for UK corporate operators now. You swap your licence?
Cat Techie is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 11:20
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 24,594
You could have held both at one point
https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-ind...nance-Licence/

But i think they were referring to Pilots licences
NutLoose is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 17:48
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by NutLoose View Post
Oddly enough, I might be wrong, but I seem to remember something about the Falcon 2000 wing being the same as the 900 but they had blanked of part of the tankage to stop people buying the twin instead of the trijet.. after all why buy three when you can fly on two and have the same range.

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en...t/falcon-2000/

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en...ft/falcon-900/

I used to work on a 900, nice aircraft.

How about G-OVEN and G-OUKG?

.
Take off and landing performance substantially different though. I once saw the GLAM land Sarkozy on wet runway 35 at Cannes in a 900. The threshold is displaced to about a third of the way down the runway on 35, and they landed it right on the piano keys - looked like no chance of stopping. But it stopped with hundreds of metres to spare. The t/o was equally impressive.
Trim Stab is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 18:11
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Narfalk
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by NutLoose View Post
You could have held both at one point
https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-ind...nance-Licence/

But i think they were referring to Pilots licences
They were. AML's you could not. You could have swapped them. I was an idiot not to. Then again COVID got in the way.
Cat Techie is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 18:50
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the ORP
Posts: 97
G-LIAR and G-PRAT ?
2 TWU is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 20:10
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 24,594
Originally Posted by Cat Techie View Post
They were. AML's you could not. You could have swapped them. I was an idiot not to. Then again COVID got in the way.
Yes you could have applied to get an EU licence then later the CAA fearing having no one left offered a dual licence if you had changed to an EU one. Not sure if it’s still possible, but I doubt it. Still odd that we now have a CAA Part 66 and CAA Section L licences.
NutLoose is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 20:37
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Home
Posts: 30
If you hold an EASA ATPL and previously held a UK ATPL, there is a process for re-issuing a new UK licence with minimal pain. The easy route needs to be followed this year. It was not an afterthought by the CAA, but planned during the BREXIT negotiations. The hope was that EASA would reciprocate with common sense applied by both sides.
Arthur1815 is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 21:07
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 24,594
We were taking engineer licences Arthur.
NutLoose is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 21:36
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Jungle
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by Cat Techie View Post
Then you leave the RAF and find out that your CAA AML rating with it is worthless with most corporate operators will want an EASA member state licence so you can sign non G aircraft. That is the truth with most job adverts for UK corporate operators now. You swap your licence?
You’re right. It was more aimed at the pilots rather than the maintainers though.
Foghorn Leghorn is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 21:46
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 52N
Posts: 105
Great paint scheme....will it say "Made in France" by the door?
Marchettiman is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2022, 22:03
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Narfalk
Posts: 391
Originally Posted by Arthur1815 View Post
If you hold an EASA ATPL and previously held a UK ATPL, there is a process for re-issuing a new UK licence with minimal pain. The easy route needs to be followed this year. It was not an afterthought by the CAA, but planned during the BREXIT negotiations. The hope was that EASA would reciprocate with common sense applied by both sides.
Yes, you are correct. But we are not part of EASA anymore so what EASA think of our licences is their business and not ours. We will diverge from EASA in regs very shortly so there is no commonality. Some may say for the better. I suspect otherwise. UK engineers that have already swapped licences can get CAA ones now. I know with my one current rating that is live, I am now barred from most corporate operators of the same type.in this country. And it was up to people working for G companies on G aircraft to be forced to change their NRA licence when one was still using them. I wish I had done so. As for PART 66 and Section L debate, I would stick with the PART 66 as it ended up. It is interesting to chat to guys that did section L in 1990s and myself that ended up doing the late EASA Part 66 to first type. Proof I had to obtain and prove was a lot more that the basic oral.
Cat Techie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.