Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

RAF Voyager ZZ336 Government Transport

Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

RAF Voyager ZZ336 Government Transport

Old 21st Mar 2021, 14:51
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 149
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF Voyager ZZ336 Government Transport

Titan Airways G-XATW currently at Stansted getting repainted to match ZZ336 infamous paint scheme. Due to be a likely replacement for the Bae146.


Beatts is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 16:42
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Location: Location!
Posts: 2,197
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beatts View Post

Titan Airways G-XATW currently at Stansted getting repainted to match ZZ336 infamous paint scheme. Due to be a likely replacement for the Bae146.

More detailed info and a photograph will be found at Titan airways-2

Jack
Union Jack is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 18:09
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Often in Jersey, but mainly in the past.
Age: 78
Posts: 7,343
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit big to join 32 at Northolt ... positioning at Brize, I assume, if there’s room. Or just called in from STN when needed/justified? More complexity, whichever way you look at it.

”Yes, Prime Minister” ... 😀
MPN11 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 21:21
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Royal Berkshire
Posts: 1,526
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11 View Post
A bit big to join 32 at Northolt ... positioning at Brize, I assume, if there’s room. Or just called in from STN when needed/justified? More complexity, whichever way you look at it.
G-XATW is a brand new A321NEO leased by Titan from ALC, and they are capable of operating out of London City which has a shorter runway than Northolt, so I don't see why in VIP fit, it couldn't operate from Northolt...??
GeeRam is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 21:41
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 606
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First time I hear that A321neo can operate into and out of EGLC.
Less Hair is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2021, 22:56
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 4,150
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Union Jack View Post
More detailed info and a photograph will be found at Titan airways-2

Jack

Carnaby Street scheme. I guess Boris will get the moths out of his old suit to match....
TBM-Legend is online now  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 00:14
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 4DME
Posts: 2,533
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 32 coming to an end.
N707ZS is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 01:21
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 25,679
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they will still have a helicopter and one would assume someone would be needed to handle this.
NutLoose is online now  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 05:09
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wildest Surrey
Age: 74
Posts: 9,673
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11 View Post
A bit big to join 32 at Northolt ... positioning at Brize, I assume, if there’s room. Or just called in from STN when needed/justified? More complexity, whichever way you look at it.

”Yes, Prime Minister” ... 😀
In the days of 'Blair Force One' there were rumours that 32 would be re-located to Farnborough to the extent that part (one third) of the newer hangar on West Apron was to be reserved for a 'special' customer.
This rumour was still extant when I left Farnborough in 2008 when this hangar was still only part built.
chevvron is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 10:30
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brum
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here you go...


Nige321 is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 10:35
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 606
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Austin Powers?
Less Hair is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 11:22
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 25,679
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't it look more balanced with a sensibly sized aircraft registration on the back placed in line with the United Kingdom instead of the humongus ZZ
NutLoose is online now  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 12:09
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 4DME
Posts: 2,533
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting how its been sneaked in, remember the fuss from Blairforce 1.
N707ZS is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 12:15
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sunrise Senior Living
Posts: 1,338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh [email protected], another Sqn I've been on bites the dust.....and will leave nothing I've flown on the inventory - except the 321!!
mcdhu
mcdhu is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 12:37
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't post link because I'm new but Twitter is reporting a second Titan 321 being painted up in UK colours in NI. G-GBNI
throwaway1 is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 12:42
  #16 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 1,229
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a very fetching 60's / 70's retro paint scheme......
Krystal n chips is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 12:50
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,573
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"... because you're worth it. "
Cornish Jack is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 13:54
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Location: Location!
Posts: 2,197
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I trust that the PM will use this aircraft for all future visits to Scotland.....

Jack
Union Jack is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 14:20
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Den Haag/Constanta
Age: 56
Posts: 5,408
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
G-XATW is a brand new A321NEO leased by Titan from ALC, and they are capable of operating out of London City which has a shorter runway than Northolt, so I don't see why in VIP fit, it couldn't operate from Northolt...??
Where do you get that from? Pretty sure the largest type that can operate into LCY is the A318. It got approval when BA introduced the all business class cabin substitute service for Concorde to JFK. I believe Titan also operate one of those ex-BA aircraft too.
212man is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 14:32
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SE England
Posts: 664
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A400M has been to City. Pretty sure that’s larger than A318, but your point is still valid.
Dan Dare is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.