Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Resumption of pax flights

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Resumption of pax flights

Old 18th Apr 2020, 11:14
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: not at home
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Nuweiba View Post
What a nonsensical blinkered comment !!

The UAE have one of the most extensive COVID testing programmes in the world.... far, far superior to the UK which has one of the lowest amongst developed nations. The UAE has carried out 50 % more tests than the UK but only has 1/7th the population !

All passengers departing Dubai will be tested instantly before boarding. And of course, strict controls are in place for arrivals at Dubai. Unlike UK airports. Even their lockdown is far more rigid than the UK's.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-becomes-first-airline-to-conduct-on-site-rapid-covid-19-tess-for-passengers/
and all these quick tests are not reliable at all!

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...re/?comments=1


I am convinced (sarcasm!), that UAE is testing all these poor people in these labour camps, where they live together in groups in very small rooms. that is the best place for a virus to spread all over.
Furthermore I am convinced (sarcasm!), that everybody who cannot effort medical care in UAE will get free support.
Still the rates of new people with Covid-19 is increasing in the UAE, only step by step, but it is increasing, but with this hard lockdown.

So just be realistic, they will open the business regardless of the virus, otherwise UAE will be back to their 50s in the next months

Last edited by NightVMC; 18th Apr 2020 at 12:13.
NightVMC is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2020, 12:31
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Nuweiba View Post
What a nonsensical blinkered comment !!

The UAE have one of the most extensive COVID testing programmes in the world.... far, far superior to the UK which has one of the lowest amongst developed nations. The UAE has carried out 50 % more tests than the UK but only has 1/7th the population !

All passengers departing Dubai will be tested instantly before boarding. And of course, strict controls are in place for arrivals at Dubai. Unlike UK airports. Even their lockdown is far more rigid than the UK's.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...or-passengers/
You'll get good, accurate results if you pay for quality test kits as opposed to the cheap ones out of China..... ohhh.
If it's the EK clinic, in keeping with their own policies they'll have the gate staff doing the tests.
FatPilot is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2020, 13:56
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Doctor's waiting room
Posts: 629
On the topic of the 10 minute tests that EK was claiming as a groundbreaking initiative, the WHO has just dismissed such tests as being ineffective.

“What the use of these tests will do will measure the level of antibodies. It’s a response that the body has a week or two later after they’ve been infected with this virus,” she (Dr Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit) said at a news conference at WHO’s Geneva headquarters. “Right now, we have no evidence that the use of a serological test can show that an individual is immune or protected from reinfection.”
WHO warning: No evidence that antibody tests can show coronavirus immunity

When airlines around the world are haemorrhaging money with us all at EK facing salary sacrifices, it is farcical to put it lightly that money will have been wasted to rush this testing in, with such headlines showing due diligence has not been conducted.
Emma Royds is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2020, 13:59
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by EchoKilla View Post
open the borders to which country? UAE?
Sorry didn't spell out clearly.
Yes I would like to fly BRU-LHR-DXB . BA seems to be operating 01/05 onwards.
But no updates on timatic about entry into uae.

Thanx
diamantaire is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2020, 19:29
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Doctor's waiting room
Posts: 629
Originally Posted by diamantaire View Post
Sorry didn't spell out clearly.
Yes I would like to fly BRU-LHR-DXB . BA seems to be operating 01/05 onwards.
But no updates on timatic about entry into uae.

Thanx
As far as I am aware, there has been no date published when immigration will be open to foreigners again. The local press here in the UAE has stated that the peak in COVID cases here could be at least another month from now so should that be the case, it would not surprise me if some form of immigration restriction is in force until at least then.

Monitoring the local press here online will enable you to keep up to date, as any easing of the restrictions will be promptly published.
Emma Royds is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2020, 09:44
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by NightVMC View Post
and all these quick tests are not reliable at all!

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...re/?comments=1


I am convinced (sarcasm!), that UAE is testing all these poor people in these labour camps, where they live together in groups in very small rooms. that is the best place for a virus to spread all over.
Furthermore I am convinced (sarcasm!), that everybody who cannot effort medical care in UAE will get free support.
Still the rates of new people with Covid-19 is increasing in the UAE, only step by step, but it is increasing, but with this hard lockdown.

So just be realistic, they will open the business regardless of the virus, otherwise UAE will be back to their 50s in the next months
And arstechnica is a definitive medical source, is it ? No.... I don't know how many of the lower paid, expat manual labourers have been tested : but I do know that a far greater percentage of the total UAE population has been tested as opposed to the relatively very low figure in the UK, which, quite frankly is a disgrace.
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2020, 09:45
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by Emma Royds View Post
On the topic of the 10 minute tests that EK was claiming as a groundbreaking initiative, the WHO has just dismissed such tests as being ineffective.



WHO warning: No evidence that antibody tests can show coronavirus immunity

When airlines around the world are haemorrhaging money with us all at EK facing salary sacrifices, it is farcical to put it lightly that money will have been wasted to rush this testing in, with such headlines showing due diligence has not been conducted.
Wrong ! The WHO are talking about the anti-body tests - not actual Covid 19 tests. Instant Covid 19 tests exist in other jurisdictions as well.
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2020, 10:23
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Emma Royds View Post
As far as I am aware, there has been no date published when immigration will be open to foreigners again. The local press here in the UAE has stated that the peak in COVID cases here could be at least another month from now so should that be the case, it would not surprise me if some form of immigration restriction is in force until at least then.

Monitoring the local press here online will enable you to keep up to date, as any easing of the restrictions will be promptly published.

Thanx a lot for the insight appreciate it.
diamantaire is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2020, 11:10
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: not at home
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Nuweiba View Post
And arstechnica is a definitive medical source, is it ? No.... I don't know how many of the lower paid, expat manual labourers have been tested : but I do know that a far greater percentage of the total UAE population has been tested as opposed to the relatively very low figure in the UK, which, quite frankly is a disgrace.
but emirates.com is a reliable medical source 😂
NightVMC is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2020, 02:36
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Doctor's waiting room
Posts: 629
Originally Posted by Nuweiba View Post
Wrong ! The WHO are talking about the anti-body tests - not actual Covid 19 tests. Instant Covid 19 tests exist in other jurisdictions as well.
A link below to EU guidance that is published by the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg.

Luxembourg Government - Ministry of Health

Q: Can a blood test detect the presence of the virus?
A: No. Only a test on respiratory secretions is currently available to detect the presence of the new coronavirus.


The EK press release shows a picture of a blood test being conducted and not a nasopharyngeal swab being taken.
Emma Royds is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2020, 05:34
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 18
All UAE airports are closed for regular pax flights till 6May as per notam.

A0920/20 NOTAMR A0858/20
Q) OMAE/QXXXX/IV/NBO/AE/000/999/2500N05430E200
A) OMAE B) 2004161550 C) 2005062359 EST
E) COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS
ALL INTL FLIGHTS FROM/TO AIRPORTS IN UNITED ARAB
EMIRATES (UAE) OMAE ARE SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 INFECTION
PREVENTION. THIS RESTRICTION DOES NOT AFFECT THE FOLLOWING FLIGHTS:
1. ACFT IN STATE OF EMERGENCY AS PER INTL STANDARDS.
2. UAE REGISTERED AIRCRAFT RETURNING TO UAE CARRYING ONLY UAE
NATIONALS AND OPERATOR'S CREW-MEMBERS.
3. EVACUATION, MEDEVAC, FERRY, CARGO FLIGHTS AND TECHNICAL LANDINGS
PROVIDED THEY COMPLY WITH THE LATEST ISSUE OF SAFETY DECISION
2020-01.
4. DOMESTIC FLIGHTS AND OVER FLIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.

Q AND A GUIDANCE
FOR FOREIGN OPERATORSMAIL FOA(A)GCAA.GOV.AE
FOR UAE AIR OPERATORS:CONSULT YOUR PRINCIPAL INSPECTOR.
Shangaan is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2020, 05:38
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Airbubba View Post
In addition to the ZRH and BRU flights airborne, a couple of B-77W's with pax flight numbers operating to MEL right now according to FlightRadar24.

The only other EK flights I see at the moment are 777 freighters.

Not all pax flight numbers carry passengers.
99% of them are cargo. Pax flight numbers are used for cargo as the overflight permits are already in place for that sector hence less of a headache to acquire new permits.
Shangaan is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2020, 06:20
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Monrovia / Liberia
Age: 59
Posts: 745
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_testing
Old King Coal is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2020, 13:20
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Shangaan View Post
All UAE airports are closed for regular pax flights till 6May as per notam.

A0920/20 NOTAMR A0858/20
Q) OMAE/QXXXX/IV/NBO/AE/000/999/2500N05430E200
A) OMAE B) 2004161550 C) 2005062359 EST
E) COVID-19: FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS
ALL INTL FLIGHTS FROM/TO AIRPORTS IN UNITED ARAB
EMIRATES (UAE) OMAE ARE SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 INFECTION
PREVENTION. THIS RESTRICTION DOES NOT AFFECT THE FOLLOWING FLIGHTS:
1. ACFT IN STATE OF EMERGENCY AS PER INTL STANDARDS.
2. UAE REGISTERED AIRCRAFT RETURNING TO UAE CARRYING ONLY UAE
NATIONALS AND OPERATOR'S CREW-MEMBERS.
3. EVACUATION, MEDEVAC, FERRY, CARGO FLIGHTS AND TECHNICAL LANDINGS
PROVIDED THEY COMPLY WITH THE LATEST ISSUE OF SAFETY DECISION
2020-01.
4. DOMESTIC FLIGHTS AND OVER FLIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.

Q AND A GUIDANCE
FOR FOREIGN OPERATORSMAIL FOA(A)GCAA.GOV.AE
FOR UAE AIR OPERATORS:CONSULT YOUR PRINCIPAL INSPECTOR.

Thanx a lot appreciate it.
Find it really funny as BA is selling tkts outbound(lhr-dxb) for the 1st may 20.

diamantaire is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2020, 11:02
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Sandpit
Posts: 23
Is this source reliable? Says 1st of July...!

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...30gmt-21apr20/
sheikhthecamel is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2020, 11:55
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Mecca
Posts: 10
First of July it is. As of today of course.
Lucifer786 is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2020, 13:04
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Doctor's waiting room
Posts: 629
Originally Posted by sheikhthecamel View Post
Is this source reliable? Says 1st of July...!

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...30gmt-21apr20/
It reflects what the company makes available for sale to the public. It will probably change again anyway!
Emma Royds is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2020, 14:45
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: overthere
Posts: 2,894
That source just reflects what EK put to the sales software. It is updated whenever EK updates it's schedule. For example it was showing a start of the network early May last week.

Countries still have closed boarders. Italy is saying it may open its in Mar 21, Spain is saying Dec 20, Australia is saying it might not be until mid 21. So EK planners are in a state of flux. They are doing their best to get the game on the road, but have to abide by varying national restrictions.
donpizmeov is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2020, 20:31
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sandpit
Posts: 356
I think it it will take a long time just for a small basic schedule, July August maybe?
FlyingCroc is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2020, 23:46
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 1960s
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by donpizmeov View Post
That source just reflects what EK put to the sales software. It is updated whenever EK updates it's schedule. For example it was showing a start of the network early May last week.

Countries still have closed boarders. Italy is saying it may open its in Mar 21, Spain is saying Dec 20, Australia is saying it might not be until mid 21. So EK planners are in a state of flux. They are doing their best to get the game on the road, but have to abide by varying national restrictions.
oddly enough some routes are still not showing up like IAH. That indicates a revised routes
PanAmFalcon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.