Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Stay away from Emirates. (EK)

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Stay away from Emirates. (EK)

Old 14th Oct 2016, 07:58
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 578
Stay away from Emirates. (EK)

How clear do you need a message to be?

If you need clarification then read the threads below, yes it's all true! and so are all the other bits of information on here telling you, no, warning you about joining this airline.

Everything about working for this airline is in a down hill spiral, I know because I'm here watching it. (Yes I've done something about it before you ask)

My advice for what it's worth is stay away, stay where you are because "All that glitters is NOT gold"

1. Recruitment>Retention.

2. EK management has lost it.

3. This is really the end...

Stay where you are because "All that glitters is NOT gold"
puff m'call is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 09:21
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Austria
Posts: 351
Very true post.
It's worth than working in a shit hole!
Waste of time, resources, life, health.
Talparc is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 09:51
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 57
Someone is angry!

You are aware that at the moment people are looking at Emirates as a better, much better option than what they are currently facing and although EK is struggling and going downhill it's still a much better package than most airlines around the globe, even in Europe?

Posting this crap and being so angry doesn't help. You are warning people for your experience which is fine, but you could be 30+ up for command and being screwed in the pooch while your wife and kids are getting annoyed with Dubai and taking it out on you while you take your anger out on them.

Now there is a 26 year old, single, 4k + hours thinking about EK just to gain experience, fly WB and make more money to pay of his immense flight school loan. Not interested in command, gone in 5 years and just wants to work 100+ hours in order to make as much money as possible. How is EK a bad option for him?
Flyingishere is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 10:36
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: UAE
Posts: 951
In 5 years time will he still be single and not interested in command? A lot of things can change in your late 20's. If he decides that, actually, he would quite like to be a Captain after all he will be 5 years further down the seniority list at an airline in his home country- and possibly still 5 years away from a command in Emirates. This is not an industry that encourages people to change jobs a lot.

And, actually, a lot of people are angry.
BigGeordie is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 12:24
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 2
For God's sake , just pack and leave ! Y
We don't need your negativity around. Don't do it to yourself or to us . Life is short
rcm777 is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 12:25
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 415
Originally Posted by Flyingishere View Post
it's still a much better package than most airlines around the globe
It is not when you factor in home base (vs) hermit kingdom. Expats need not put up with this.
notapilot15 is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 13:05
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dusty West
Age: 48
Posts: 595
rcm,

I disagree... let puff m call state the truth about the place. The reason it sounds negative is BECAUSE ITS NEGATIVE and there is going to be a Herculean storm of sh1t coming here very soon.
The Outlaw is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 13:29
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: rio de janeiro
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by The Outlaw View Post
rcm,

I disagree... let puff m call state the truth about the place. The reason it sounds negative is BECAUSE ITS NEGATIVE and there is going to be a Herculean storm of sh1t coming here very soon.
Great ! I suggest you share the container with him and LEAVE before the storm
rcm777 is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 14:15
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by Flyingishere View Post
Someone is angry!

You are aware that at the moment people are looking at Emirates as a better, much better option than what they are currently facing and although EK is struggling and going downhill it's still a much better package than most airlines around the globe, even in Europe?

Posting this crap and being so angry doesn't help. You are warning people for your experience which is fine, but you could be 30+ up for command and being screwed in the pooch while your wife and kids are getting annoyed with Dubai and taking it out on you while you take your anger out on them.

Now there is a 26 year old, single, 4k + hours thinking about EK just to gain experience, fly WB and make more money to pay of his immense flight school loan. Not interested in command, gone in 5 years and just wants to work 100+ hours in order to make as much money as possible. How is EK a bad option for him?


I think you'll find most current Emirates pilots are angry at the way we are being treated, but hey no one has to believe all these negative posts and they can come and experience life at Emirates first hand!

I'm sorry, but once you take into account the cost of living here then it's not a much better package than in Europe or other countries around the world.

Doing 100+ hours per month is not a good option because it's killing us. Even some Emirates doctors will tell you that! You might pay off your loan quicker, but then you'll die earlier and not be able to enjoy as much of your loan free life as most pilots on humane rosters.
Spikedog is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 14:22
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by rcm777 View Post
For God's sake , just pack and leave ! Y
We don't need your negativity around. Don't do it to yourself or to us . Life is short


If you don't like the negativity then I wouldn't come onto this site because that's all you're going to get due to the treatment of Emirates crew over the past years (if you hadn't realised by now).

In fact, let's play a game ..... can you post something positive about Emirates?
Spikedog is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 14:38
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Escaped the sandpit 53 32′ 9.19″ N, 9 50′ 13.29″ E
Posts: 596
Originally Posted by Spikedog View Post
...In fact, let's play a game ..... can you post something positive about Emirates?
O.K, Popcorn is ready
ExDubai is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 14:40
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: overthere
Posts: 2,876
How about...the pay is in the bank every 26th?
Its just a job. The shite flows from one fleet to another. Just try and keep it off your shoes.
donpizmeov is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 14:48
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Permanent JET LAGGG
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by donpizmeov View Post
How about...the pay is in the bank every 26th?
Its just a job. The shite flows from one fleet to another. Just try and keep it off your shoes.
Don is on the "gentlemans fleet" at EK. Yes they pay us on time every month.

Honestly though, put yourself in managements shoes for a minute. Just think about it... ...what would you do IF you knew you could do whatever you wanted and people would bend over and take it? A few people might actually leave, but most people will go on a group forum and complain. Other than that, it's status quo. They do what they want, we accept it. We hate it, but we accept it. Unless we actually leave.
CaptainChipotle is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 15:15
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a house
Age: 43
Posts: 136
Guys I think this negativity about EK needs to be kerbed down a level or two.

This is a great place for discussing rumours, news, information and sharing our experiences from our great leaders, but I'm afraid we might end up getting Banned from using this site like our neighbouring airline.

We all know how desperate the airline is and the saying that any news is good news might not cut it here any more.

I'm not a troll or party pooper but lets be a little tactful before this platform is taken away from us.
electricdeathjet is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 16:38
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: PH 298/7.4DME
Posts: 554
Frankly, it needs to be viewed with a big picture perspective. When I joined my current airline 5 years ago, there was a similar amount of sentiment towards that airline as there is now about EK. People told me I was mad to be taking the job, especially leaving a command position in my previous airline.

It turned out to be the best thing I ever did for my career. It hasn't been without its lows and times when I did ask myself why, but in the grand scheme of things it's been good. And that will be the case in any airline.

What EK are going through at the moment is a 'phase' that most airlines (especially in the Middle East) go through at one point or another.
In a few years, those at EK who sit through it will most likely remember this phase and be glad it is done with (since as many say, it is not sustainable, thereby mandating change), those who left will be hopefully in a better situation for them and in 100 years, none of this will matter.

Don't react emotionally, and definitely do not make a decision until you have to make one.

520.
Continental-520 is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 17:00
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The Sharp End.
Posts: 433
Oh it's a 'phase' is it...? Approx 15 years and counting. One Hell of a phase...
sluggums is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 17:31
  #17 (permalink)  

Dog Tired
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: uk
Posts: 1,661
Electric speaks wisely; it would be a pity to see this go the same way as the unmentionable.
fantom is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 18:47
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Dubai
Age: 32
Posts: 23
I don't understand the guys who complain about the negativity ...?? Why do you even have an account in PPRuNe if you dont want it ??

no one is forcing you to even click on the posts..

I am guessing you are [email protected] confused in your mind yourself and just trying to convince yourself otherwise..

people come here to get rid of the shit filled up in their heads by the exploitation and treatment as slaves.. none of us can do a thing about anything .. We have just one option.. thats to leave thats all..

so we are gonna come here and say what we wanna say to each other.. so that some of the sadist costa spies can read what we write here and atleast have an idea how much [email protected] up things really are..

I'm guessing you even read my stupid post till here.. 'cause you dont have a [email protected] life.. just like us..
MusingMonk is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 20:03
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St James' Park
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by MusingMonk View Post
I don't understand the guys who complain about the negativity ...?? Why do you even have an account in PPRuNe if you dont want it ??

no one is forcing you to even click on the posts..

I am guessing you are [email protected] confused in your mind yourself and just trying to convince yourself otherwise..

people come here to get rid of the shit filled up in their heads by the exploitation and treatment as slaves.. none of us can do a thing about anything .. We have just one option.. thats to leave thats all..

so we are gonna come here and say what we wanna say to each other.. so that some of the sadist costa spies can read what we write here and atleast have an idea how much [email protected] up things really are..

I'm guessing you even read my stupid post till here.. 'cause you dont have a [email protected] life.. just like us..
I was like that after my first beer too
AlanPardew is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2016, 20:19
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by donpizmeov View Post
How about...the pay is in the bank every 26th?
Its just a job. The shite flows from one fleet to another. Just try and keep it off your shoes.


So far the only positive thing about Emirates is that they pay on time.

Keep them coming we need to entice pilots......
Spikedog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.