PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2016, 15:38
Continental-520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly, it needs to be viewed with a big picture perspective. When I joined my current airline 5 years ago, there was a similar amount of sentiment towards that airline as there is now about EK. People told me I was mad to be taking the job, especially leaving a command position in my previous airline.

It turned out to be the best thing I ever did for my career. It hasn't been without its lows and times when I did ask myself why, but in the grand scheme of things it's been good. And that will be the case in any airline.

What EK are going through at the moment is a 'phase' that most airlines (especially in the Middle East) go through at one point or another.
In a few years, those at EK who sit through it will most likely remember this phase and be glad it is done with (since as many say, it is not sustainable, thereby mandating change), those who left will be hopefully in a better situation for them and in 100 years, none of this will matter.

Don't react emotionally, and definitely do not make a decision until you have to make one.