Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018

Old 26th Jul 2018, 12:03
  #721 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cornwall
Age: 29
Posts: 203
Tomorrow is the last day of assessments guys. Outcome of assessments SHOULD be distributed out toncanridates next week if you made it to the afternoon sessions. Keep trying if unsuccessful! Perciverance is key!
FlyVeryHigh- is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2018, 15:55
  #722 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 64
Didn't progress through to the afternoon session earlier this week when I did my assessment centre. Absolutely heartbroken and devastated, more so given that they don't provide feedback whatsoever.

I know this is an eternal debate on the forums with polarised views each side but I simply cannot understand the thought process. They know how much this means to each candidate and a key aspect of aviation is reviewing decisions and learning from mistakes so I'm a little confused on why they can't give you at least a paragraph offering some outside perspective.

I don't think it would bias future results should you apply again in the future because it's unlikely you'd gain anything above the others as the standard is already so high. But from a closure and general recruitment practise point of view I really wish they did it. You can see them making notes about you throughout the day as well

Personally I'm still going to reflect on the whole experience, try to pick apart what I could have done better and give it another shot if the programme opens again in the future.

Best of luck to anyone who made it through to the afternoon sessions, you thoroughly deserve to be there!
shamrock_f22 is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2018, 16:08
  #723 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Dublin
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by shamrock_f22 View Post
Didn't progress through to the afternoon session earlier this week when I did my assessment centre. Absolutely heartbroken and devastated, more so given that they don't provide feedback whatsoever.

I know this is an eternal debate on the forums with polarised views each side but I simply cannot understand the thought process. They know how much this means to each candidate and a key aspect of aviation is reviewing decisions and learning from mistakes so I'm a little confused on why they can't give you at least a paragraph offering some outside perspective.

I don't think it would bias future results should you apply again in the future because it's unlikely you'd gain anything above the others as the standard is already so high. But from a closure and general recruitment practise point of view I really wish they did it. You can see them making notes about you throughout the day as well

Personally I'm still going to reflect on the whole experience, try to pick apart what I could have done better and give it another shot if the programme opens again in the future.

Best of luck to anyone who made it through to the afternoon sessions, you thoroughly deserve to be there!

unlucky fella but keep head held high you'll get there.
IrishB1 is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2018, 16:25
  #724 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by shamrock_f22 View Post
Absolutely heartbroken and devastated, more so given that they don't provide feedback whatsoever.

I know this is an eternal debate on the forums with polarised views each side but I simply cannot understand the thought process. They know how much this means to each candidate and a key aspect of aviation is reviewing decisions and learning from mistakes so I'm a little confused on why they can't give you at least a paragraph offering some outside perspective.
If true, there were thousands of applicants and hundreds got invited to the assessment center. Offering personalized feedback to every rejected applicant seems rather unreasonable and for them its nothing but waste of resources. They could write to you that your personality wasn't a match but then you would want to know what exactly was it with your personality and so on...
tsvpilot is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2018, 18:12
  #725 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by FlyVeryHigh- View Post
Tomorrow is the last day of assessments guys. Outcome of assessments SHOULD be distributed out toncanridates next week if you made it to the afternoon sessions. Keep trying if unsuccessful! Perciverance is key!
Where did you hear that the outcome would be received next week? I was told end of August. Good luck nevertheless!
Irishgrend is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2018, 19:44
  #726 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: England
Posts: 4
We were told in the afternoon session after the interview it would be two to three weeks that was over a week ago
BT971 is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2018, 05:49
  #727 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by BT971 View Post
We were told in the afternoon session after the interview it would be two to three weeks that was over a week ago
Interesting, we were told end of August earlier this week. I would have assumed we would all hear back together but apparently not.
Irishgrend is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2018, 11:48
  #728 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: France
Posts: 33
They told me end of August too !
737ng_x is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2018, 12:09
  #729 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by 737ng_x View Post
They told me end of August too !
I was told "about three weeks" and my date was one of the first days.
Pegasus1504 is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2018, 14:22
  #730 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Belfast
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by shamrock_f22 View Post
Didn't progress through to the afternoon session earlier this week when I did my assessment centre. Absolutely heartbroken and devastated, more so given that they don't provide feedback whatsoever.

I know this is an eternal debate on the forums with polarised views each side but I simply cannot understand the thought process. They know how much this means to each candidate and a key aspect of aviation is reviewing decisions and learning from mistakes so I'm a little confused on why they can't give you at least a paragraph offering some outside perspective.

I don't think it would bias future results should you apply again in the future because it's unlikely you'd gain anything above the others as the standard is already so high. But from a closure and general recruitment practise point of view I really wish they did it. You can see them making notes about you throughout the day as well

Personally I'm still going to reflect on the whole experience, try to pick apart what I could have done better and give it another shot if the programme opens again in the future.

Best of luck to anyone who made it through to the afternoon sessions, you thoroughly deserve to be there!
You could always submit a Subject Access Request under Article 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. There is a legal obligation to provide all personal data held about you, covering any information relating to you kept on a computer or manual filing system. So it wouldn't be feedback, but it might well give you an insight as it should cover any notes etc taken about you during the assessment. www.dataprotection.ie has more information.
Ginger1 is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2018, 18:08
  #731 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Dublin
Posts: 16
main interview was tough but and enjoyable experience
IrishB1 is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2018, 21:11
  #732 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by tsvpilot View Post
If true, there were thousands of applicants and hundreds got invited to the assessment center. Offering personalized feedback to every rejected applicant seems rather unreasonable and for them its nothing but waste of resources. They could write to you that your personality wasn't a match but then you would want to know what exactly was it with your personality and so on...
Understand your point but not quite there I'm afraid. There were 7800 applicants and only a fraction got through to that stage and even fewer still to the face to face interview stage.
Feedback en masse not viable, but in some circumstances is possible
shamrock_f22 is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 18:18
  #733 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Kildare
Posts: 2
Email

Iíd say the first week was for those who will be starting in November and the second week was for those who are starting in January. So naturally the first week of individuals who made it to the interviews so should this week or next. Those who made it to the interviews in the second week will know the end of August! Just hazarding a guess as to why people were told different dates to hear back by.
AviatorChick is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2018, 17:15
  #734 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: France
Posts: 33
Hi everyone !

Here is a group for those who progressed through to the afternoon session, for updates...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217311748977651/

For the other candidates, never loose hope and keep your motivation...
737ng_x is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2018, 00:48
  #735 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Venice
Posts: 1
Hi there.. just wondering if thereís still someone on the wait for some email or call (and if it still is a possibility).
sent them an email on Thursday asking if there would be more invitations and they replied telling me that they couldnít confirm it.
Iíve been trying to not to lose hope lately...
thefreedomflyer is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2018, 11:33
  #736 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Dublin
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by thefreedomflyer View Post
Hi there.. just wondering if thereís still someone on the wait for some email or call (and if it still is a possibility).
sent them an email on Thursday asking if there would be more invitations and they replied telling me that they couldnít confirm it.
Iíve been trying to not to lose hope lately...
last day of interviews was Friday. we were told we'd be told their decision in two to three weeks. I'd imagine if no call has been made there's a very slight chance they may consider more applicants. I'd be a pessimist and imagine they've interviewed enough candidates to fill their slots but possibly have a backup reserve group in case of medicals etcs
IrishB1 is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2018, 11:57
  #737 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lodz
Posts: 3
I received my rejection e-mail today.
Aleeta is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2018, 12:42
  #738 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by Aleeta View Post
I received my rejection e-mail today.
Sorry to hear Aleeta, did you attend the afternoon interview?
Irishgrend is offline  
Old 2nd Aug 2018, 08:39
  #739 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Wales
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by thefreedomflyer View Post
Hi there.. just wondering if thereís still someone on the wait for some email or call (and if it still is a possibility).
sent them an email on Thursday asking if there would be more invitations and they replied telling me that they couldnít confirm it.
Iíve been trying to not to lose hope lately...
Iím still waiting for a call/email too!
FuturePilot_123 is offline  
Old 2nd Aug 2018, 11:34
  #740 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Eu
Posts: 21
Hello,

this morning I was in the "no call, no email" camp and at 10 am CET sharp I received my rejection email.

Best of luck to everyone who got through. I'll be waiting for another chance somewhere down the line.

Cheers,
79er is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.